NATION

PASSWORD

Heartaches by the Number | Fallout NV RP | OOC/Still Open!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where should a Spinoff of this RP be based? (ROUND II)

The Georgia Federation
71%
Maryland
29%

Total votes : 24

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:49 am

Cainesland wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:That's basically what the institute is anyway. In fact it's really exactly what it is. Just a group of scientists underground of the C.I.T. ruins, with androids that look human(And teleportation). Seems like a useless restriction honestly.

Perhaps. It was more for balance really. That way there wasn't a highly advanced university conquering the wastes with endless legions of armed androids or other things.

Edit: If I recall correctly that restriction was put into place last summer.

Meh. Think a supply restriction of the material to build androids is in order or something. But, not my battle or department.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:12 am

Waztaskio wrote:
Cainesland wrote:
Perhaps. It was more for balance really. That way there wasn't a highly advanced university conquering the wastes with endless legions of armed androids or other things.

Edit: If I recall correctly that restriction was put into place last summer.

Meh. Think a supply restriction of the material to build androids is in order or something. But, not my battle or department.

That would make sense. Given the lack of patrols bringing in resources.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 am

Happy New Years! I hope you all had a decent year and that this one will be even better.

Now, given that no IC posts have been made in a month, I will hereby be declaring this thread dead. We will reboot it eventually and the current standing of the world is to be considered canon until put under review for the reboot.
Last edited by Alouite on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 am

So, since this RP is dead, me and Alouite have been talking about a concept for a new Fallout RP. It's poised to be set around 2290-92 in the Commonwealth, after the Institute exterminated the Railroad, and destroyed the Brotherhood of Steel. The idea is, that following their victories, the Institute proceeded to work with, and cooperate with, the Minutemen (due to the fact that the Lone Survivor is Director). Using their hyper-advanced technology and resources, the Institute begins improving the lives of many people in the Commonwealth - using things such as advanced reactors to power whole towns, atmospheric water collectors to provide clean water where such a thing is hard to get, and better yet, protection. Due to being able to teleport, the Institute is able to send squads to settlements that are in danger/under attack, and put a stop to said attacks faster than even the Minutemen could.

As the years went by, the Institute's near-unchallenged leadership and broad influence became a normality to the people of the Commonwealth. In fact, their efforts to pull the Commonwealth out of the ash and grime and rebuild civiliazation gained them much popularity, though, they are still a mysterious force. The Institute hasn't revealed it's location, or anything that happens within it - only governs the outside world, and fights to preserve peace.

Bascially, by the time the RP starts, the uneasy alliance between the Institute and Minutemen is beginning to deteriorate. Public opinion is divided between the two, the Lone Survivor (name will be made later), who is the Director of the Institute, has lost his friendship with Preston Garvey. Both factions also have internal issues - the Institute's senior members resent the LS for his policies of directly helping the Commonwealth. On the other hand, due to it's size, the Minutemen are seeing small factions forming within it's ranks. There's a common belief that not everyone carries their weights, and that many settlements hardy help the Minutemen cause. Among other things.

Also, while this is happening, the Commonwealth is facing other threats. While the Brotherhood of Steel fractured back in D.C., the remnants of the Chapter sent to the Commonwealth have begun fighting back against the Institute (mainly) using what few resources they have. To make it worse, there are reports that an unnamed (so far) Raider Army is marching on the Commonwealth (idea is that it destroyed the fractured BoS in the Capital and has been marching north).

Thoughts?

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Alinora wrote:So, since this RP is dead, me and Alouite have been talking about a concept for a new Fallout RP. It's poised to be set around 2290-92 in the Commonwealth, after the Institute exterminated the Railroad, and destroyed the Brotherhood of Steel. The idea is, that following their victories, the Institute proceeded to work with, and cooperate with, the Minutemen (due to the fact that the Lone Survivor is Director). Using their hyper-advanced technology and resources, the Institute begins improving the lives of many people in the Commonwealth - using things such as advanced reactors to power whole towns, atmospheric water collectors to provide clean water where such a thing is hard to get, and better yet, protection. Due to being able to teleport, the Institute is able to send squads to settlements that are in danger/under attack, and put a stop to said attacks faster than even the Minutemen could.

As the years went by, the Institute's near-unchallenged leadership and broad influence became a normality to the people of the Commonwealth. In fact, their efforts to pull the Commonwealth out of the ash and grime and rebuild civiliazation gained them much popularity, though, they are still a mysterious force. The Institute hasn't revealed it's location, or anything that happens within it - only governs the outside world, and fights to preserve peace.

Bascially, by the time the RP starts, the uneasy alliance between the Institute and Minutemen is beginning to deteriorate. Public opinion is divided between the two, the Lone Survivor (name will be made later), who is the Director of the Institute, has lost his friendship with Preston Garvey. Both factions also have internal issues - the Institute's senior members resent the LS for his policies of directly helping the Commonwealth. On the other hand, due to it's size, the Minutemen are seeing small factions forming within it's ranks. There's a common belief that not everyone carries their weights, and that many settlements hardy help the Minutemen cause. Among other things.

Also, while this is happening, the Commonwealth is facing other threats. While the Brotherhood of Steel fractured back in D.C., the remnants of the Chapter sent to the Commonwealth have begun fighting back against the Institute (mainly) using what few resources they have. To make it worse, there are reports that an unnamed (so far) Raider Army is marching on the Commonwealth (idea is that it destroyed the fractured BoS in the Capital and has been marching north).

Thoughts?

Sounds interesting. I don't know much about fallout 4 but this seems like a neat idea.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Alouite wrote:Happy New Years! I hope you all had a decent year and that this one will be even better.

Now, given that no IC posts have been made in a month, I will hereby be declaring this thread dead. We will reboot it eventually and the current standing of the world is to be considered canon until put under review for the reboot.

Happy New year. Perhaps then the rp could be tabled for the future by reboot, as there seems to be interest but a lack of time to post over the holidays for whatever reason.

Edit: I know Waz created a fallout rp a few days ago if you guys wanted to check that out as well.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Alouite wrote:Happy New Years! I hope you all had a decent year and that this one will be even better.

Happy New year. Perhaps then the rp could be tabled for the future by reboot, as there seems to be interest but a lack of time to post over the holidays for whatever reason.

Edit: I know Waz created a fallout rp a few days ago if you guys wanted to check that out as well.

I did. It's actually been getting pretty popular from what I've seen. It's just a free-for all, where I basically declared everything in the fallout timeline after 2077 to be non-cannon. Meaning new factions, new ideologies, etc. And based the RP in 2241. So you can claim territory, and carve out an existence. Honestly just wanted to keep my fallout vibe going, waiting for people to post here so I could continue. Apparently though, that did not happen.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Alinora wrote:So, since this RP is dead, me and Alouite have been talking about a concept for a new Fallout RP. It's poised to be set around 2290-92 in the Commonwealth, after the Institute exterminated the Railroad, and destroyed the Brotherhood of Steel. The idea is, that following their victories, the Institute proceeded to work with, and cooperate with, the Minutemen (due to the fact that the Lone Survivor is Director). Using their hyper-advanced technology and resources, the Institute begins improving the lives of many people in the Commonwealth - using things such as advanced reactors to power whole towns, atmospheric water collectors to provide clean water where such a thing is hard to get, and better yet, protection. Due to being able to teleport, the Institute is able to send squads to settlements that are in danger/under attack, and put a stop to said attacks faster than even the Minutemen could.

Thoughts?

Has there been much more development on this?

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:42 am

Waztaskio wrote:

Thoughts?

Has there been much more development on this?

Yeah it's getting done

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Alinora wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Has there been much more development on this?

Yeah it's getting done

Keep me updated.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:13 am

So is this getting rebooted or are we going in favor or the F4 RP?

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:So is this getting rebooted or are we going in favor or the F4 RP?

I assume we're doing the F4 one. You down?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Alinora wrote:
Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:So is this getting rebooted or are we going in favor or the F4 RP?

I assume we're doing the F4 one. You down?

Not exactly. I'm not a fan of F4. Just isn't that interesting to me.

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:17 am

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:
Alinora wrote:I assume we're doing the F4 one. You down?

Not exactly. I'm not a fan of F4. Just isn't that interesting to me.

Hm, well there's a different premise to this one

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm

While I don't know if I'll be joining you guys in the sequel to this rp, it was a pleasure rping with you guys and I wish you all the best in the future rp.
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Cainesland wrote:While I don't know if I'll be joining you guys in the sequel to this rp, it was a pleasure rping with you guys and I wish you all the best in the future rp.

Same. Highly enjoyed rping with you guys. Doing my own Fallout RP thing if anyones interested. It's gotten pretty darn popular.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Cainesland wrote:While I don't know if I'll be joining you guys in the sequel to this rp, it was a pleasure rping with you guys and I wish you all the best in the future rp.

There is the chance of a future reboot of this RP's storyline. But regardless, it has been good, I wish you all the best as well.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:08 pm

LETS BRING THIS BACK! POST IN THE IC!

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Alinora wrote:LETS BRING THIS BACK! POST IN THE IC!

I'm up for it.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 am

To all those still around this I am looking to begin work on a New Fallout RP likely based in Detroit. Stay tuned for more news and TG me if interested!
Hyman Minsky

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 am

Alouite wrote:To all those still around this I am looking to begin work on a New Fallout RP likely based in Detroit. Stay tuned for more news and TG me if interested!

Sounds good. I am interested to see how it progresses.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 am

Alouite wrote:To all those still around this I am looking to begin work on a New Fallout RP likely based in Detroit. Stay tuned for more news and TG me if interested!

Radical! Hopefully it lasts long, haven't seen an OOC reach 100 pages, or an IC reach past 10 in a while!
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:49 am

I know I wasn't here for when this RP was alive however I am certainly intrested in a character based Fallout RP. Also considering that in New Vegas it's hinted that the Enclave is still up in Chicago is it possible that there would be a far more powerful Enclave in that region?
Last edited by Labstoska on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:58 pm

Damn bro back on our bullshit huh

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:

Damn bro back on our bullshit huh

Hi, Nar

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse