NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Cerillium wrote:Alright then! I probably won't get to the post until this evening. Tired from an early morning.

/offers pumpkin pie
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Due to computer troubles at the Mad House of Cerillium, the badger's post is delayed.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Rurapol
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rurapol » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Gio and Ched, thanks for your patience.

Min and Swith, I'm trying to decide where best to put the Gate. A shack? A cave? Would it be in the open? Hm.

Speaking of Gates - whatever happened to Meps and Opa?

Also I'm too lazy to log into my primary account.
RURAPOL: a colony of grimdark monsters running around a MT setting
...another obnoxious puppet by
Cerillium

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm

o/ Cer
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Rurapol
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rurapol » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:o/ Cer

\o

Thanks for your patience, too.
RURAPOL: a colony of grimdark monsters running around a MT setting
...another obnoxious puppet by
Cerillium

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Ascalon plost delayed again. Too much travel and not enough sleep makes sloth a tired animal.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Ascalon plost delayed again. Too much travel and not enough sleep makes sloth a tired animal.

It's cool, so don't sweat it. All this does is give me enough time to get some things done.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 pm

It's all well and good Cer, I'll make a plost for you and NA soon, probably tomorrow if I have time.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Ascalon plost delayed again. Too much travel and not enough sleep makes sloth a tired animal.

Don't sweat it Slo.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Rurapol wrote:Speaking of Gates - whatever happened to Meps and Opa?

Been busy with midterms and organizing. Will try and post this weekend since the last of my midterms will be done.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Rurapol wrote:Min and Swith, I'm trying to decide where best to put the Gate. A shack? A cave? Would it be in the open? Hm.

A shack in a cave surrounded by open winterland! :p

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Sloths swimming is the scariest thing in the world.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Giovenith wrote:

It can be unsettling until you grow accustomed to them. Of course, Slo was more interested in hanging in the Jacuzzi than swimming in the pool last year.

Altito Asmoro wrote:I am actually very surprised to see you as a Ghost in the Shell fan, Cer. Or at least as someone with much knowledge on the anime & manga series.

Just noticed your reply, Altito. Diehard fan here. Back when Thad had a personality (ie wasn't being used as a tool in PL), he eternally struggled with his own existence and Theseus' paradox.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

It can be unsettling until you grow accustomed to them. Of course, Slo was more interested in hanging in the Jacuzzi than swimming in the pool last year.

Well, of course!

Cerillium wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:I am actually very surprised to see you as a Ghost in the Shell fan, Cer. Or at least as someone with much knowledge on the anime & manga series.

Just noticed your reply, Altito. Diehard fan here. Back when Thad had a personality (ie wasn't being used as a tool in PL), he eternally struggled with his own existence and Theseus' paradox.

I'll have to remember to have Sandy bring back the tiller from Theseus' ship one of these missions.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Cerillium wrote:It can be unsettling until you grow accustomed to them. Of course, Slo was more interested in hanging in the Jacuzzi than swimming in the pool last year.

Well, of course!

Cerillium wrote:Just noticed your reply, Altito. Diehard fan here. Back when Thad had a personality (ie wasn't being used as a tool in PL), he eternally struggled with his own existence and Theseus' paradox.

I'll have to remember to have Sandy bring back the tiller from Theseus' ship one of these missions.

That would mess with his head.

"You mean there was an actual ship? The fuck? Did they restore it?...If it's restored, is it the actual ship?"
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:I'll have to remember to have Sandy bring back the tiller from Theseus' ship one of these missions.

That would mess with his head.

"You mean there was an actual ship? The fuck? Did they restore it?...If it's restored, is it the actual ship?"

All myths are true. *nods*

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Sakarias' is partially built around that Theseus' paradox, given that there's nothing (except maybe irradiated bones) left of his original body.

Ghost in the Shell was also rather excellent. Need to rewatch it, I was rather young and missed bits of it during its run on AS.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:22 am

I need to give Ghost in the Shell another go. It was good, but I never watched all of it.

Though I love Deus Ex for the same reason. Tensions are building between "naturalist" Humans and Augs due to Augs having so much destructive capacity, and Adam Jenson (or JC Denton) are trying to struggle with their augmentations, and what it means to be Human, or whether becoming machines is just an evolutionary step. It's heavier for Jenson because he has no choice in becoming Augmented.

TBH I'd totally go full Aug. Augmentation is the future.

Could go for Torii...might not. She wants to stay Human and beautiful, lol. Ironic, since she also loves machines. I look forward to that.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:45 pm

I'll see about posting later tonight. I have another game today so It'll be late when I get to it.

Also, the condition of my grandfather's body is uncertain. Its dying for sure, just don't know when. I'll state it when it happens, as that'll mean I'll need to be off to prepare for the funeral.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Ganonsyoni wrote:I'll see about posting later tonight. I have another game today so It'll be late when I get to it.

Also, the condition of my grandfather's body is uncertain. Its dying for sure, just don't know when. I'll state it when it happens, as that'll mean I'll need to be off to prepare for the funeral.

*Hugs tightly*

(Posting shortly.)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Ganonsyoni wrote:I'll see about posting later tonight. I have another game today so It'll be late when I get to it.

*hugs*
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:37 pm

/takes hat off

Take care.
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:40 pm

:hug:

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Well, I know almost nothing about Ghost in the Shell.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:13 am

Just checked and saw that last post for the Opa & Meps arc was by me. Paging Swith and/or Cer :p

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:28 am

Heavy-duty cleaning day. Will get a post up eventually.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse