NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:11 pm

edited my last post, at request of Cer we are now at the gatehouse :p
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:39 am

My mom went to North Carolina for three days, my brothers are with their dad, leaving the house all to me. :)

My grandma is, um...

Grandma: All alone for three days?! That's terrible! What will she eat?!
Me: Grandma, I can feed myself.
Grandma: What if she gets lonely or scared?! You should have dropped her off with me so I could babysit her!
Me: Grandma, I'm turning 20 in December.
Grandma: It just doesn't feel safe to me!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:54 am

Giovenith wrote:My mom went to North Carolina for three days, my brothers are with their dad, leaving the house all to me. :)

My grandma is, um...

Grandma: What if she gets lonely or scared?! You should have dropped her off with me so I could babysit her!

My mom's the same way, she can't contemplate that we can do anything on our own, lol.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:54 am

Giovenith wrote:My mom went to North Carolina for three days, my brothers are with their dad, leaving the house all to me. :)

My grandma is, um...

My sympathies, my mom can be like that as well. As can my dad, but he's usually a little too preoccupied with work to actually bother coddling me :p
First as tragedy, then as farce

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:43 am

Giovenith wrote:OOC prompt, for those willing: Write a oneshot of a character interacting with an opposite version of themselves from another dimension.

Bit late, I suppose, but challenge accepted!

A great price had been paid to end the civil war that had torn apart the once-vibrant Confederation of Agymnum.

The Infinity Circuit had been overloaded: its servers melted down, its structure collapsed, and the outer shell which housed it left in a pile of twisted steel and crumbled rock and smoke and death. The luddites who had tormented the Confederation for decades could not have done better.

Such was the price paid for the evils of war.

195 billion dead - enough to fill their very own tomb world and every cheap horror writer's favorite fantasy when they ran out of things to talk up. Just count the bodies and watch the mouths hit the floor. He would've been thankful if some hack had written up the figure to immortalize the civil war in legend.

Septimus Itum stepped into the old Capital Spire. Only the howling winds from the gash in the side, torn when a missile from the homeworld bombardment hit its mark, were there to greet him. The cyborg swept the dirt off the floor in front of him with his boots and inspected the reflection that gazed up at him from the marble floor. He grimaced.

Wrinkles lined his face. He hadn't seen the inside of a juvenat chamber in ages and his arm had not felt the piercing of a youth serum needle in even longer. His body barely carried him forward now, though thankfully his mind had stayed fresh.

"Well, was it worth it, then?" a youthful doppelganger of his stepped from behind Brutus' old consul seat and jogged over, his own boots clacking across the floor as he went to meet himself, "What did you win, may I ask?"

"Who are you? Why have you come to trouble me, phantom?" Septimus raised a wrinkled, still-organic hand to greet the newcomer, "Is it true? Do I have the Sickness? Is my mind degrading?"

"I"m not from here, and I'm certainly not from you," Septimus the Younger snorted, surprising his fellow with the booming confidence in his voice, "Gallimaufry is where I make my home. Or, well, it was. I'm indisposed as of right now. Something to do with Demens. Really, as long as I'm with Neste, things will be alright. You're probably very confused."

"Indeed I am," Septimus the Elder replied, "But at least I have someone to talk to. Would tea be agreeable, Brother-Ambassador?"

"Of course, Overlord."

They sat at the table, one in the Consul's seat and the other in the visitor's chair. Tea was procured from the old stash beneath the desk - still untouched by the war. As it steeped, they made idle chatter. A great many things of no consequence were discussed before finally they ran out of inane topics to occupy themselves with. They fell silent. Tea was poured. Finally, Septimus the younger returned to his original question.

"What did you win?" he queried, sipping on the tea and finding it much too bitter for his taste, "It's a shame Brutus never kept sugar in that little nook of his. Could use some."

"Yeah, he never did. Old bastard always took his tea straight," Septimus the Elder took a sip of his own before falling silent. Septimus the Younger repeated his question.

"What did you win?"

More silence, punctuated by more sipping and more pouring of shitty tea.

"What's it to you what I won?" the Elder snapped, "You have your own home and your own place and your own purpose and your own mission. What's it to you that an old man enjoy the spoils of centuries of war that you were fortunate enough to avoid?"

"Spoils of war. You do think like Brutus," the Younger observed, "What of Emily?"

"What of her? She fought in the war - picked her side. The losing side," the Elder chuckled, "I had her brought to my quarters after she was cornered on some pathetic Dust World."

"You raped her?" the Younger raised an eyebrow, putting down the teacup with a mild expression of disgust, "I am a sick man indeed."

"Of course not," the Elder huffed, before adding, somewhat ashamed, "I couldn't have if I wanted to. Bits had stopped working by then. Could barely piss in a straight line. No. I slit her throat myself and threw her off the balcony. I was occupying the governor's mansion. It was thirty-five stories down."

"She made us who we are," the Younger replied after a moment, picking up the cup once-more and taking another sip, "That was quite ungrateful of you."

"What, you like her all-of-a-sudden? Is that who Neste is? She go changing her name and get into luddite bullshit and you're fuck-buddies with her again?" the Elder laughed, though it died with a wheeze as he tightly-gripped the armrests of the Consul's chair, "By the machine, you're worse than me."

"Did you go to the Dystan Banquet?" the Younger seemed surprise at the dismissal, "You should know who Sister Trilb is."

"Hm? Dyste? Don't remember it. Think Davidson took that assignment," the Elder paused, confused, "Was I supposed to meet her there? If that's all it took to squash your ambitions, you're a poor imitation of me, indeed. All those years of groveling and suffering and you just put it all behind you over some woman, hmph. Doesn't sound like a dignified Septimus Itum to me."

"Wow, she does fix me," the Younger chuckled, "You poor bastard. All this time, still chasing Brutus' shadow."

"And who else am I supposed to chase, oh wise one?" the Elder joined him, the two's giggles filling the despoiled spire with some sense of life.

Septimus the Younger found himself in the odd position of holding a blade to his own throat. Or, rather, the throat of the version of him that existed in this nightmarish dimension.

"Finally going to put me out of my misery, Brother-Ambassador?" the Elder did not flinch when the Younger drew the knife from within his robes and brought it up to eye level to inspect it before placing it at his wrinkled, parched throat, "Killing me won't save Emily. It won't bring back Yarick. Cato is still long-dead. Davidson will not come back to righteously free this place from my 'tyranny'. You will only kill the last ruler this ruined rock has left."

"Toward the window, come on now," the Younger gestured for him to move toward the gash that overlooked the ruins of the city.

The Elder stared him down for a moment, then relented. He was too old to be playing games like this with people. That's why he usually had them executed.

"Going to make me look at the ruins? At what I've did? You're not very original. But then, neither am I," Septimus the Elder snorted, a surprised grunt leaving his chapped lips as the Younger grabbed his chin and forced him to look up at the orange-tinted sky. The sun was setting and, already, some stars could be seen twinkling in the twilight of the day.

"On one of those distant stars, on some miserable world, there visited Sister Neste Trilb," Septimus the Younger explained, "I met her on Dyste. She freed me on Terra. She saved all of us on Gallimaufry. Now, we are self-same, wherever we end up. You could've really be helped by someone like her."

"And she would've prevented the piles of bodies I had to carve through to secure my place as Consul?" the Elder spoke quietly now, his voice barely audible above the winds of Kashtilag, "She would've stopped the war? Awful lot of high talk from someone who hasn't presented himself as the ruler of anything."

"Maybe if you'd bothered to look at what the world has to offer besides raw power, you would've changed your mind about the war," Septimus the Younger flicked his wrist.

The old man shuttered, and the younger one gently pushed him forward.

Overlord Septimus Itum of the Core World Insurgency of Agymnum perished some time between the hundredth and thirtieth floors.

Representative Septimus Itum of the Apartment Building of Mr. Demens adjusted his robes as he slipped the knife back beneath them.

"Then again," he added, the pull of Demens phasing him out of this world, "You always were a stubborn bastard. No, probably not."

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:32 am

Atlanta Airport is cool.

Hi all.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:13 pm

It seems 2016 is still not done. Kenny Baker has passed away today.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:09 am

On Swordplay for Dummies I may not be able to post regularly for the next couple of days. I'm going to be renewing my net subscription as well as prepare for school to come back again (hey, PH is starting on August for once!). If I do get on NS, I'll try to post to keep the story going.

BTW Min, does this mean that some time in my hosted event, I'll have to move to the training room later on?

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:53 am

Stormwrath wrote:On Swordplay for Dummies I may not be able to post regularly for the next couple of days. I'm going to be renewing my net subscription as well as prepare for school to come back again (hey, PH is starting on August for once!). If I do get on NS, I'll try to post to keep the story going.

BTW Min, does this mean that some time in my hosted event, I'll have to move to the training room later on?

It's advisable given that the holodeck can provide an opponent rather than dummies. Also, any injuries incurred can be tended to immediately since the hospital is on the same level. Safety protocols will always be in effect against a simulated opponent, but when sparring with another character there's the inherent risk of injury.

Right now, its fairly rudimentary so if you move along, I think I can get my guildies on board. I wasn't sure where to insert my guildies in the beginning. Wondering if NA is having the same issue for Mag?

I'll set up the holodeck tomorrow. For now, night!

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:29 am

I'm cool with it, Storm. I got Dark Souls 3 and my guns to play with :p
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:13 am

I am sick. While this theoretically means more posting time as I have little to do, I might not be up to it...
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:34 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:I am sick. While this theoretically means more posting time as I have little to do, I might not be up to it...

Get well soon Fvaar! :hug:
Last edited by CAT XIII on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 am

Good luck, Fvaar. My right foot and left arm are fucked up, lol. Taking a bit to rest. Running ariund the woods, shooting bottle and spider and playing with shotguns takes its tole, especially at 3:00am. Got me a damn good new knife, though.

I'll post soon, Storm ^^
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:53 am

Get well soon Fvaar! I'll be on the chat if you wanna talk!

Also, will post tonight. Kind of bad mood. Lot of bad shit happening today. But at least there is gonna be a party to go to. Gonna make vegetarian curry.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:58 am

Get well sooner, Fvaar! :hug:
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:42 am

Hope you get well soon, Fvaar! :hug:
Last edited by Chedastan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:36 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks, everyone! Your kind words have lifted my spirits. As an update, I'm feeling somewhat better.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Thanks, everyone! Your kind words have lifted my spirits. As an update, I'm feeling somewhat better.

Yay! Get lots of rest and fluids so you recover faster :)

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Waiting on Fraire, I'll post tomorrow if he hasn't.

Anyone else still in the LCX? I've lost track.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Swith and Sprite gave me their stupid cold. Both are in bed. Good. Biohazards, the both of them. I can't even get through the IC, or finish my edits elsewhere. Apologies to all.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Cerillium wrote:Swith and Sprite gave me their stupid cold. Both are in bed. Good. Biohazards, the both of them. I can't even get through the IC, or finish my edits elsewhere. Apologies to all.

You should take your cold and throw it to the ground! :p
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Cerillium wrote:Swith and Sprite gave me their stupid cold. Both are in bed. Good. Biohazards, the both of them. I can't even get through the IC, or finish my edits elsewhere. Apologies to all.

Get well sooner.

Don't worry about the IC; I can handle the Ascalon tour until we get to the bookstore.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm

*pies badger with raw chicken soup*

I feel like I broke three laws of spacetime by writing that action.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

*pies badger with raw chicken soup*

I feel like I broke three laws of spacetime by writing that action.

And after you break three more, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse