NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Tue May 03, 2016 11:50 am

Just to let y'all know, I can't respond to TG's for 6 months. My Skype is misiame2 if you ever wish to contact me about RP related stuff.

Also, yes, would like to do a (jolly) collaboration prim. Talk to me more on my Skype. We can discuss ideas quickly there.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue May 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Return to...Bielefeld? Or are you actually changing your mind about her not working? :shock:

As regards apartments, the number change will take some getting used to for Nick, but that's alright.

Also, is Elka in 3C or 6E?

Additionally, I don't think segregating new players' characters and old players' new ones by floor is the smartest plan. I think it'll probably be a little easier to work new players in if some of their characters' neighbors have more experienced players.

It would be cool IMO to do some stuff with the floors: it makes some sense for those sharing a floor to get to know each other now that the Building is thirty minutes from anytbing, they'd be logical "teams" for friendly competitions, etc.

Bielefeld.

They aren't segregated. In some cases, puppets were grouped (mainly CoOP/OP). In others, such as the Luxans, the move introduces a possible running gag given what else is on that floor. I grouped all of GT's because they were already grouped. He has not played Max in a while. Likewise, Bran's main characters are on lower floors but his surplus ones are upstairs. This isn't toys going into the attic for decades. This is shifting things for better mixing.

Experienced players are on every floor. However, they don't need ALL of their characters to be on that floor. Example: a new player makes a new character. That character will go on a floor closer to the ground. This allows more people to interact with them. Were I to create a character, it would go on a higher floor. I'm already familiar with the setting and I don't need excuses (loud crash in the dining room, someone shouting in the lobby, etc) to involve my character.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue May 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Cerillium wrote:7th and 10th floors are for new players. 11th floor and up is for existing players' new characters.

I do see that seventh has some of your/Swith's characters, but ten doesn't appear to have any experienced players' ones unless "Reserved" is one.

I got that it wasn't toys going in the attic, but didn't get that all floors would have existing players' characters as two were designated "new people."

Also, posting soon.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue May 03, 2016 5:34 pm

I have no sense of humor tonight. Really. IC posts delayed.

Basement:
Added the "warren".

1st Floor (ground floor) has no changes.

2nd Floor. Moved Slo's characters down.

3rd Floor. Moved newer players' characters in.

4th Floor. Not much.

(HOSPITAL occupies 5th floor.)

6th Floor. Moved characters down.

7th Floor. Damaged. Some apartments not inhabitable. Those are in bold. Stuffed NPCs on this floor.
7A Volturius and Calista of Usseio aka Tipper - Warp/Swith
7B Deuce - Cer
7C Wren Usseio - Swith (NPC)
7D vacant
7E Chaos
7F something weird

7G vacant
7H vacant
7J vacant

8th Floor. Highlighted apartments no longer there. Volker fills a void. These apartments can be used by characters that can forge their own pocket dimensions or can "put a house inside a house". The Guild, the Luxans, the Raptors.
8A Guild House
8B Hunter Evans - Min
8C Something mysterious.
8D Raptor House
8E Volker the Front Desk Cultist - NPC
8F vacant
8G vacant

8H vacant
8J Luxan Quarters (Primordial, Insidious, Aegis) - Prim

9th Floor. All of these but Max, Fluffy and Monique/Fortu were already grouped. I consolidated. None of these characters are in play. Some do not have apps for Epic. I haven't removed GT's characters yet because some of his canon is intertwined with other people. The inhabitants for floor damaged apartments (E and F) are not human. Some live in mirrors. Others live in closets (Blythe and Xanthe).
9A Maximum Security XXIII - GT
9B Sapphire Thriller, Vitellius Barox - GT
9C Thriller Family - GT
9D Thriller's old room
9E Superbia/Blythe - GT/Swith
9F Lucius Lupus/Xanthe - GT/Swith

9G Stephen - NVE
9H Colonel Fluffy - Min
9J Jonathan and Caroline Davenport NVE/Swith

10th is for PL veteran new characters. No one has made any yet. That's why this is blank.
10A vacant
10B vacant
10C vacant
10D vacant
10E vacant
10F vacant
10G vacant
10H vacant
10J Reserved

More consolidation here. None of these are in play. Many do not have applications for Epic. Their "spot" is reserved rather than the characters being dropped completely.
11A Velocidoctor - NVE
11B Toscha Inakov - Bran
11C Chernaya "Shadow" Varona, Sinyaya Ptitsa - Mon
11D Kelly Regina - Mon
11E Flint - Mon
11F CA-11E (Callie) - Bran
11G Cinnamon Brittney Thompson - Mon
11H Nikolai-Pietr Firsov - Min
11J Kei - Bran

It doesn't matter what floor someone is on.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue May 03, 2016 5:42 pm

To be certain, the 7th floor is empty now?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Cerillium wrote:To be certain, the 7th floor is empty now?

I think it will be in Prim's next post.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue May 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Cerillium wrote:2nd Floor. Moved Slo's characters down.

Amanda will complain about the loss of the 6th-floor view. :P

Cerillium wrote:It doesn't matter what floor someone is on.

As far as I'm concerned, "Amanda walked across the hall to talk to the Dimitrov sisters." and "Amanda and the Dimitrov sisters drove into Ascalon to check out the menu at a new café." take just much time to play out: one sentence. (Assuming Torsi is willing, of course.)
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue May 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:To be certain, the 7th floor is empty now?

should be if we do that.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue May 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

should be if we do that.

Which we are.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue May 03, 2016 6:07 pm

At least Romy doesn't have to climb as many stairs now, because I swear the elevator is either offline or too busy half the time there's something going on in the building. :P
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue May 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, "Amanda walked across the hall to talk to the Dimitrov sisters." and "Amanda and the Dimitrov sisters drove into Ascalon to check out the menu at a new café." take just much time to play out: one sentence. (Assuming Torsi is willing, of course.)

Transverse Pitch of a rivet is 75% of Rivet Diameter.

In other words: I'm up for whatever.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue May 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Chedastan wrote:At least Romy doesn't have to climb as many stairs now, because I swear the elevator is either offline or too busy half the time there's something going on in the building. :P

Nobody takes elevators during a fire. :p

"Fucking stairs!"

"General, it's only a few to the front doors."

"I know -- but it's the thought of them that bothers me."

My 8th floor post will need to wait.

Northwest Slobovia wrote:

:p

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue May 03, 2016 7:35 pm

So...should I just go back on Torii asking upstairs if they needed more help, or have her meet back with Otonako and Nick, or what?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue May 03, 2016 7:38 pm

7/F is handled. 5/F is evacuating downstairs, from what I understand and 7/F will also be later.
mumblemumblemumble

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Stephen (9G) has been dead for the longest time and I'm not bringing him back. His body isn't even in there anymore and neither is his possessions, it should be vacant by now.

Raptor Family is debatable on where they are and what they have been doing. They are so broken I might not even use them anymore.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue May 03, 2016 8:17 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Stephen (9G) has been dead for the longest time and I'm not bringing him back. His body isn't even in there anymore and neither is his possessions, it should be vacant by now.

Raptor Family is debatable on where they are and what they have been doing. They are so broken I might not even use them anymore.

I hope they come back. They were fun.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Okay, Gio, totally going to get you a post after work.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue May 03, 2016 8:33 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Stephen (9G) has been dead for the longest time and I'm not bringing him back. His body isn't even in there anymore and neither is his possessions, it should be vacant by now.

Sounds like you need a moment to sit down and sort through workable concepts. Is there anything you haven't tried yet that you think you could put a lot of investment into?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Eisen Choras
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen Choras » Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 am

iTag for puppet.
^^ I am Commander Shepard and this is the best post on NS ^^

Like the Spanish Inquisition, I will visit your TG without even knowing.. If you see this card, you got visited by the SpanishPapal Inquisition.. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Prepare for trouble,
and at the double!
To troll the Nationstates with punny invigoration!
To divide all threads within our sheer determination!
To reject the facts with ignorance and bliss!
To debate on things all the way to cannibis!
Germanic Templars!
Team Rapscallion runs in to start the fight
Surrender now, or you'll lose downright!

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 am

Omg
Wow
Amazing
Kawaii
Wunderbar
Prepare for app.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed May 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Hm. I guess the Belas have a corner apartment now. Time for a little remodeling... :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Thu May 05, 2016 7:47 am

And Like the Hunger Games, made the odds ever be in your favor, today, tomorrow, and the rest of the year.

Oh, enjoy Cinco de Mayo. Another fun excuse to get drunk! Wooo!

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Thu May 05, 2016 8:02 am

Happy revenge of the 5th to you all! :lol:

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 am

CAT XIII wrote:Happy revenge of the 5th to you all! :lol:

30 minutes to sixth
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 am

Revenge of the Fifth?! May yesterday be with you. :p

Torsi, I'm sorry for not replying; I'm not actually sure, as I was informed IRC that it made the most sense for everyone to just get out at this point. Hence, I'm not sure if Tora coming to the hospital (and staying there) is a smart plan. I would personally like it.

It's that time of week again - my slow-reply day. Be advised of that if the IC speeds up.

Corner apartment...huh. Are the js corners, then? (No is)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse