NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

A reminder that we're trying to steer away from CLTing. Refrain from posting material not related to chars or stories.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Cerillium wrote:She's an interesting character. I like her. I have a few recommendations to round her out a bit more.

Ability 2 and Points Spent: Doctoring (2 Points)
Though she studied nursing, I don't see "premed" listed. Perhaps "nursing" with 2 points would work better here.

A 1 is extremely low. Quotes from the scale, "1 – Whoopty Doo. Magic: We're not impressed. Maybe you have a better sense of smell, or can heal a zit if you focus hard enough. You might be able to set things on fire with a lot of effort but, honesty, it would be quicker to use matches. Your power sucks hind tit."

There are ways to tweak this to make it work, but I'll be offline the rest of the evening. Do you mind waiting a day or two?

The only other issue is her nursing and fine arts degrees. If she started her career in the entertainment industry at 14, and then entered the idol group at 16, performing for six years at the highest level, she would not have had time to pursue a degree in nursing or fine arts. Education for public health nurses and midwives (not the same as a registered nurse) is provided one-year colleges or training schools but her education and duties would be civil rather than medical if this is the route she took. You've also listed "trained housekeeper" under her background but not as a skill. When did she have time for training for this profession, and how much would her agents be willing to risk should her hands become damaged by chemicals or cleaning?

Thanks for the feedback, will be editing accordingly. Basically I see her as more of a 'support' (game terms), and am thinking of how to scale her abilities accordingly.

Will cancel the medical route, as I saw the Fine Arts as a part-time degree taken over a period of 4-5 years. Changed to basic housekeeping to reflect the real person's desire to become a housewife/nurse if she hasn't entered the entertainment industry. Little snippets of sweeping, mopping and cleaning when she has yet to enter the industry.

EDIT - And yeah dont mind waiting! Can hear your idea on how to work on her supernatural abilities, altho I am considering compressing them from specialized abilities into a more general term, instead of going D&D Bard haha :D
Last edited by Relikai on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Might be a bit longer than the weekend before I can get to replying, god mod me as needed. Some stuff's going down in F7, might be a couple of days before that slows down. Apologies for the constant delays, peeps!
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Relikai wrote:
Cerillium wrote:She's an interesting character. I like her. I have a few recommendations to round her out a bit more.

Ability 2 and Points Spent: Doctoring (2 Points)
Though she studied nursing, I don't see "premed" listed. Perhaps "nursing" with 2 points would work better here.

A 1 is extremely low. Quotes from the scale, "1 – Whoopty Doo. Magic: We're not impressed. Maybe you have a better sense of smell, or can heal a zit if you focus hard enough. You might be able to set things on fire with a lot of effort but, honesty, it would be quicker to use matches. Your power sucks hind tit."

There are ways to tweak this to make it work, but I'll be offline the rest of the evening. Do you mind waiting a day or two?

The only other issue is her nursing and fine arts degrees. If she started her career in the entertainment industry at 14, and then entered the idol group at 16, performing for six years at the highest level, she would not have had time to pursue a degree in nursing or fine arts. Education for public health nurses and midwives (not the same as a registered nurse) is provided one-year colleges or training schools but her education and duties would be civil rather than medical if this is the route she took. You've also listed "trained housekeeper" under her background but not as a skill. When did she have time for training for this profession, and how much would her agents be willing to risk should her hands become damaged by chemicals or cleaning?

Thanks for the feedback, will be editing accordingly. Basically I see her as more of a 'support' (game terms), and am thinking of how to scale her abilities accordingly.

Will cancel the medical route, as I saw the Fine Arts as a part-time degree taken over a period of 4-5 years. Changed to basic housekeeping to reflect the real person's desire to become a housewife/nurse if she hasn't entered the entertainment industry. Little snippets of sweeping, mopping and cleaning when she has yet to enter the industry.

EDIT - And yeah dont mind waiting! Can hear your idea on how to work on her supernatural abilities, altho I am considering compressing them from specialized abilities into a more general term, instead of going D&D Bard haha :D

I was thinking along those lines. Her Magical ability is the voice/movement aspect. The book contains the spells. x amount are for healing, x amount are for encouraging, and so on. The songs don't add to her power. They're a necessary element to activate her power.

Bubble tea. How is that game-related? Join us in a PL meeting to find out. :p http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Apartment_Block/pages/tab_irc/, channel is #TAB.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Relikai wrote:

I was thinking along those lines. Her Magical ability is the voice/movement aspect. The book contains the spells. x amount are for healing, x amount are for encouraging, and so on. The songs don't add to her power. They're a necessary element to activate her power.

Bubble tea. How is that game-related? Join us in a PL meeting to find out. :p http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Apartment_Block/pages/tab_irc/, channel is #TAB.

Yeah, will do another edit.

And Edited. Chunked the entire performing thingy together, and added a (seemingly) misc ability :)
Last edited by Relikai on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:31 am

To what extent is the nature of the rubble affected by how characters perceive the Building, seeing as most if not all is apartment rubble? That is, should Nick be perceiving some bricks and carpet? Should Rmwtyliin be noticing dirt, clay, and sticks? If someone perceived everything as a multistory hide tent, would they find the rubble as leather scraps?

Also, as suggested, characters' favorite ice cream flavor(s)?
Nick: No Sugar Added bacon or tuna - bacon with bacon pieces, tuna smooth purée.
Rmwtyliin: Strawberry shortcake; alternatively vanilla, cookie dough, cappuccino

EDIT @ Carly, NA, Cat: We do have TNEL's permission to powerplay his chars at present. If we need to send any messages, using Adrisal, once chars realize she can turn to mist, is an option. I'm fairly certain that the room we're in is that in Elka's apt. picture in her app.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:28 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:To what extent is the nature of the rubble affected by how characters perceive the Building, seeing as most if not all is apartment rubble? That is, should Nick be perceiving some bricks and carpet? Should Rmwtyliin be noticing dirt, clay, and sticks? If someone perceived everything as a multistory hide tent, would they find the rubble as leather scraps?

Nick: No Sugar Added bacon or tuna - bacon with bacon pieces, tuna smooth purée.
Rmwtyliin: Strawberry shortcake; alternatively vanilla, cookie dough, cappuccino

EDIT @ Carly, NA, Cat: We do have TNEL's permission to powerplay his chars at present. If we need to send any messages, using Adrisal, once chars realize she can turn to mist, is an option. I'm fairly certain that the room we're in is that in Elka's apt. picture in her app.

Debris, Fvaar, specificity to debris is like picking at sand to know which grain is colored :P Work from each other in the given details. If that is insufficient, vague terminology to denote debris is good enough. (For all) Swith's posts made it pretty obvious, but to make it simple to work off of:

"The large hole that was the ceiling on 7E was now the new furnishings of 7E. Debris, burnt materiel, pebbles the size of toasters and a thick layer of dust and smoke blanketed the apartment. Some of that debris had likewise spilled forth into the hallway, creating a mess and blocking the entrance; damage to the adjacent apartments were visible, though it wasn't obvious if anyone was still inside. There was heat radiating from the floor above 7E even as the fire suppression system was activated."

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:To what extent is the nature of the rubble affected by how characters perceive the Building, seeing as most if not all is apartment rubble? That is, should Nick be perceiving some bricks and carpet? Should Rmwtyliin be noticing dirt, clay, and sticks? If someone perceived everything as a multistory hide tent, would they find the rubble as leather scraps?

Debris, Fvaar, specificity to debris is like picking at sand to know which grain is colored :P Work from each other in the given details. If that is insufficient, vague terminology to denote debris is good enough. (For all) Swith's posts made it pretty obvious, but to make it simple to work off of:

"The large hole that was the ceiling on 7E was now the new furnishings of 7E. Debris, burnt materiel, pebbles the size of toasters and a thick layer of dust and smoke blanketed the apartment. Some of that debris had likewise spilled forth into the hallway, creating a mess and blocking the entrance; damage to the adjacent apartments were visible, though it wasn't obvious if anyone was still inside. There was heat radiating from the floor above 7E even as the fire suppression system was activated."

The thing is, some kinds of debris might be easier to move and safer to move around. If someone perceived the ceiling/floor of at least the hallway as metal/glass, potential trouble. If someone perceived it as bubble wrap, or for that matter thatch...

Additionally, Astra's floor was bare and woody. Should we be spotting planks of wood in the rubble, or wood ash? I realize that composition of small pieces is pretty irrelevant, but we've mentioned larger ones - trapping/breaking Kale's leg, for instance.

Likewise, it's possible that Enali's cot is now in 7F.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
The thing is, some kinds of debris might be easier to move and safer to move around. If someone perceived the ceiling/floor of at least the hallway as metal/glass, potential trouble. If someone perceived it as bubble wrap, or for that matter thatch...

Additionally, Astra's floor was bare and woody. Should we be spotting planks of wood in the rubble, or wood ash? I realize that composition of small pieces is pretty irrelevant, but we've mentioned larger ones - trapping/breaking Kale's leg, for instance.

Likewise, it's possible that Enali's cot is now in 7F.

Then as I mentioned, work from each other. It's a bit free form how you guys picture the scene, but try not to dwell so much into specificity as it could just stall because "details aren't firm". Can't have that. Instances, as noted with Kale being one of them, is now up to Carly and all of you to form posts around each other. Maybe it was a beam? Maybe it was furniture, if Carly didn't mention what exactly hit Kale, best to leave it as "debris", because it is unidentifiable at best for now.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I wasn't thinking along the lines of posts having to be super specific so much as - if possible - pulling what was done with the elevator scene a few months back and outright taking advantage of the fact that different people perceive it all differently. Remember, someone who perceived the elevator ceiling as closer gave the other a boost with Deuce and Insidious in there? Not to mention that more detail is good for picturing the scene; if character expectations affect how it's perceived, Nick may perch on a mortared brick fragment that someone else sees as plaster. Rmwtyliin might spot glass tiles in clay dust.

Do we want to get bogged down with detail? Nah. Could it be nice to incorporate a bit? Yep!
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:I wasn't thinking along the lines of posts having to be super specific so much as - if possible - pulling what was done with the elevator scene a few months back and outright taking advantage of the fact that different people perceive it all differently. Remember, someone who perceived the elevator ceiling as closer gave the other a boost with Deuce and Insidious in there? Not to mention that more detail is good for picturing the scene; if character expectations affect how it's perceived, Nick may perch on a mortared brick fragment that someone else sees as plaster. Rmwtyliin might spot glass tiles in clay dust.

Do we want to get bogged down with detail? Nah. Could it be nice to incorporate a bit? Yep!

So work from each other's post, that's what I've been saying >_>

I'm not entirely sure how much detail you guys can put, or how little, but what can be perceived can and should be incorporated. Keep it simple or keep it vague if its not specific that no one is addressing at the moment.

If you're not sure, and the others are likewise unsure, and no answer is forthcoming, work with what you have, add minor details if necessary to give it fuel for others (and others hopefully do the same), but 'where is this at? what might be encountered? are we talking about leather strips, molding', etc, can all be added by each player and not set in stone.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Sorry for the really short post- thought I'd keep it simple.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Figured. While that works here imo, describing Otonako's feelings (maybe she's scared, maybe annoyed at the whole stupid situation and just wanting to go home) could provide material to extend a post.

You might try putting yourself in her shoes - not exactly focusing on what specifically you would feel or think in that exact situation because Otonako isn't you, but what kinds of things might you feel/thoughts might you think if helpless and stuck not moving or doing much in a high-stress situation? Is there something Otonako might do to calm down? I'm not even as into music as she is, but I'd probably be humming something almost reflexively and playing with my hands.

@Min: Kind of hence why I'm asking. If the rubble is entirely set by Astra and Elka's preferences/expectations, the nature of it might actually be set. I'd personally expect some wood/ash from 8E's floor, some plaster/paint from Elka's ceiling, and whatever material a character perceives for walls/expects for ceilings in between.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:07 pm

I don't think it's necessary to get so detailed on materials. It should suffice to describe it as debris, possibly adding in flavor about size or texture.

The rubble won't be entirely set, because imo the appearance is still subjective. I always pictured it as an amorphous unspecified material anyway that only looks like things. Use that if it helps your visualization.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Figured. While that works here imo, describing Otonako's feelings (maybe she's scared, maybe annoyed at the whole stupid situation and just wanting to go home) could provide material to extend a post.

You might try putting yourself in her shoes - not exactly focusing on what specifically you would feel or think in that exact situation because Otonako isn't you, but what kinds of things might you feel/thoughts might you think if helpless and stuck not moving or doing much in a high-stress situation? Is there something Otonako might do to calm down? I'm not even as into music as she is, but I'd probably be humming something almost reflexively and playing with my hands.

@Min: Kind of hence why I'm asking. If the rubble is entirely set by Astra and Elka's preferences/expectations, the nature of it might actually be set. I'd personally expect some wood/ash from 8E's floor, some plaster/paint from Elka's ceiling, and whatever material a character perceives for walls/expects for ceilings in between.

Edited :lol:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:45 pm

If your char has musical talent, say mint choc below.
mumblemumblemumble

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:If your char has musical talent, say mint choc below.

(When approved) mint choc

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Amanda can sing, though not professionally. Just mint? :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Choc. :P

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 pm

It's debatable
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Also, I seem to have gotten word of a Final Arc. Does that mean after that the RP's going to be on hiatus indefinitely or ending?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Relikai wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Konayama Miyuki / Milky / Mirukii

Character Gender: Female

Species: Human

Appearance: Oriental Japanese looking, 155cm tall.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Konayama Miyuki

Primary Objective: Miyuki was approaching graduation, and although she has a plan back on a familiar setting, it was all lost when she appeared in Gallimaufry, as this was a new world, an alien setting to her. Learning new skills and adapting, Miyuki wants to turn this unknown experience into a learning one, as she breaks out of her sheltered shell under the protection of Agents and Friends, and lessen her dependence on others to be one whom others can depend on. In simpler terms, become a role model to those who look up to her.

Also, open a photography and modeling studio, if it's possible in Gallimaufry.

Secondary Objectives: None

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here:
- Basic Housekeeping
- Performance Arts.
- Modeling.
- Basic First Aid.
- Cooking.
- Speaks English, Japanese and French.
- Photography.
- Basic Karate.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS

Ability 1 and Points Spent: Performance (3 Points)
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Counselling (2 Points)
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Cooking (2 Points)
Ability 4 and Points Spent:

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS

Soul of the Idol - Every morning, Miyuki wakes up earlier than the rest to prepare a list of songs and performances, to use them for battle or for rest. She could memorize a maximum of seven songs or dances in thirty minutes, refreshing her memory bank every morning. Every time she uses a song, the song disappears from her memory.

Ability 1: Namba Performance
Power Level: 5 ( Combat. 3 if by Vocal or Dance alone ) 3 (Resting.)
Strengths:
- Combat Performance - Miyuki falls into a trance as she becomes an object of inspiration, her dancing and singing rouses her allies through aural and visual encouragement. Allies gain bonuses to their stats and gains a second wind of stamina, as they feel invigorated and inspired to push onwards to success.

- Resting Performance - Miyuki hums or sings a soft and comforting tune for her allies as they rest, granting them bonuses to HP and stamina regeneration. Afflictions are slowed or cured.

Weaknesses:
- Combat Performance - Requires Miyuki to be constantly in a state of dance and song, possibly making her vulnerable to sneak attacks. Can't Speak, Can't Dodge, but can move at normal speeds while maintaining her vocal aspect.

- Resting Performance - Miuiki sings and sings. She gains the benefits of rest at half speed, nor benefit from this magic.

Restrictions: Combat Performance - Can be used for a maximum of ten minutes before requiring a rest of an hour. If Miyuki magically performs for thirty minutes within twenty four hours, her body system crashes and she becomes unconscious for twelve hours, and requires another twelve hours of rest before she could do vigorous activities. Miyuki can only use songs or dances which are specially classified as Inspiring Performances.

- Resting Performance - (Stacks with Combat Performance) Still uses her voice. If Miyuki performs too much in a single day, her voice might go Hoarse before her body system actually crashes, rendering her unable to do any performances.

Ability 2: Kami Handshake
Power Level: 2
Strengths: Miyuki's handshakes were known to be some of the best back on Earth, as she'd transfer some of her power to her fans allies in the form of minor buffs.
Weaknesses: She empowers others. Miyuki gains nothing from this ability.
Restrictions: Each handshake grants a minor buff of strength and health, but each lasts for several minutes. Miyuki can use this ability up to 50 handshakes before her hands turn sore, rendering her unable to participate in physical combat.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
800-slot Photoshoot Album (A collection of reminiscence and Miyuki's modeling photoshoots from many exotic locations.)
Spellbook 800-song Songbook (Miyuki acquires her songs and dances from this book.)
Performing Uniform (Augments Miyuki's singing abilities.)

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Degree in Fine Arts, Japanese Idol Training (Music, Dance, Acting, Modeling). 16 years of Dancing, 14 years of Singing. Skilled in Home Economics (Basic cleaning and cooking duties).
Character Background/Biography:
Konayama Miyuki was the typical model student who was the envy of her class back in Japan. Smart, talented, and with an eye for exotic professions such as modelling and photography. One of her art pieces featuring calligraphy was portrayed in a museum, drawing a phrase of good luck for a school competition. As her parents divorced at an early age, Miyuki learnt to be independent, often taking care of the housework and assisting her mother in many domestic issues.

Miyuki started modelling when she was twelve, starring in several shoots for young clothing. When she was fourteen, Miyuki began to model for professional photoshoots, notably for modern fashion as well as some swimsuit advertisements, appearing in several magazines and commercials. In a way, this was the start of Konayama Miyuki's career in the entertainment industry.

At sixteen, Konayama Miyuki entered a Japanese idol group and performed at the highest level for six years. Often seen during photoshoots, auditions and group tours, Miyuki has built an impressive CV as one of the leading figures in the entertainment industry. Miyuki knew that to advance her career and expand into a wider market, the knowledge of English was extremely important. Picking it up during a linguistics course, Miyuki also learnt French during her free time.

However, six years of effort has culminated into a drive to seek something else, as her goal was to become someone who her mother and grandmother could be proud of. Konayama Miyuki announced her 'graduation' from the group to her legion of fans, and during the run up to her final performance, turned down several contracts as she sought to refresh her status in the industry.

How did she appear in the Building? Miyuki had no idea. One moment she was changing in her studio, the next she was in a different place. Blinking, Konayama Miyuki sought to make sense of all that was happening, and hopefully, find a way back...

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: Room
Link to RP examples: AceCombatRP

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Konayama Miyuki
Brief Description: A Japanese lady who lived her life through dance and song, aiming to lift the spirits and cheer on those around her.

Approved

Be cautious with the Kami Handshake. Certain characters have psionic abilities, so the sudden touch could harm them or Miyuki.

I'll bring her into the IC shortly. All characters arrive in the same manner. We need to put together a team to retrieve her.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Relikai wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Konayama Miyuki / Milky / Mirukii

Character Gender: Female

Species: Human

Appearance: Oriental Japanese looking, 155cm tall.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Konayama Miyuki

Primary Objective: Miyuki was approaching graduation, and although she has a plan back on a familiar setting, it was all lost when she appeared in Gallimaufry, as this was a new world, an alien setting to her. Learning new skills and adapting, Miyuki wants to turn this unknown experience into a learning one, as she breaks out of her sheltered shell under the protection of Agents and Friends, and lessen her dependence on others to be one whom others can depend on. In simpler terms, become a role model to those who look up to her.

Also, open a photography and modeling studio, if it's possible in Gallimaufry.

Secondary Objectives: None

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here:
- Basic Housekeeping
- Performance Arts.
- Modeling.
- Basic First Aid.
- Cooking.
- Speaks English, Japanese and French.
- Photography.
- Basic Karate.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS

Ability 1 and Points Spent: Performance (3 Points)
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Counselling (2 Points)
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Cooking (2 Points)
Ability 4 and Points Spent:

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS

Soul of the Idol - Every morning, Miyuki wakes up earlier than the rest to prepare a list of songs and performances, to use them for battle or for rest. She could memorize a maximum of seven songs or dances in thirty minutes, refreshing her memory bank every morning. Every time she uses a song, the song disappears from her memory.

Ability 1: Namba Performance
Power Level: 5 ( Combat. 3 if by Vocal or Dance alone ) 3 (Resting.)
Strengths:
- Combat Performance - Miyuki falls into a trance as she becomes an object of inspiration, her dancing and singing rouses her allies through aural and visual encouragement. Allies gain bonuses to their stats and gains a second wind of stamina, as they feel invigorated and inspired to push onwards to success.

- Resting Performance - Miyuki hums or sings a soft and comforting tune for her allies as they rest, granting them bonuses to HP and stamina regeneration. Afflictions are slowed or cured.

Weaknesses:
- Combat Performance - Requires Miyuki to be constantly in a state of dance and song, possibly making her vulnerable to sneak attacks. Can't Speak, Can't Dodge, but can move at normal speeds while maintaining her vocal aspect.

- Resting Performance - Miuiki sings and sings. She gains the benefits of rest at half speed, nor benefit from this magic.

Restrictions: Combat Performance - Can be used for a maximum of ten minutes before requiring a rest of an hour. If Miyuki magically performs for thirty minutes within twenty four hours, her body system crashes and she becomes unconscious for twelve hours, and requires another twelve hours of rest before she could do vigorous activities. Miyuki can only use songs or dances which are specially classified as Inspiring Performances.

- Resting Performance - (Stacks with Combat Performance) Still uses her voice. If Miyuki performs too much in a single day, her voice might go Hoarse before her body system actually crashes, rendering her unable to do any performances.

Ability 2: Kami Handshake
Power Level: 2
Strengths: Miyuki's handshakes were known to be some of the best back on Earth, as she'd transfer some of her power to her fans allies in the form of minor buffs.
Weaknesses: She empowers others. Miyuki gains nothing from this ability.
Restrictions: Each handshake grants a minor buff of strength and health, but each lasts for several minutes. Miyuki can use this ability up to 50 handshakes before her hands turn sore, rendering her unable to participate in physical combat.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
800-slot Photoshoot Album (A collection of reminiscence and Miyuki's modeling photoshoots from many exotic locations.)
Spellbook 800-song Songbook (Miyuki acquires her songs and dances from this book.)
Performing Uniform (Augments Miyuki's singing abilities.)

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Degree in Fine Arts, Japanese Idol Training (Music, Dance, Acting, Modeling). 16 years of Dancing, 14 years of Singing. Skilled in Home Economics (Basic cleaning and cooking duties).
Character Background/Biography:
Konayama Miyuki was the typical model student who was the envy of her class back in Japan. Smart, talented, and with an eye for exotic professions such as modelling and photography. One of her art pieces featuring calligraphy was portrayed in a museum, drawing a phrase of good luck for a school competition. As her parents divorced at an early age, Miyuki learnt to be independent, often taking care of the housework and assisting her mother in many domestic issues.

Miyuki started modelling when she was twelve, starring in several shoots for young clothing. When she was fourteen, Miyuki began to model for professional photoshoots, notably for modern fashion as well as some swimsuit advertisements, appearing in several magazines and commercials. In a way, this was the start of Konayama Miyuki's career in the entertainment industry.

At sixteen, Konayama Miyuki entered a Japanese idol group and performed at the highest level for six years. Often seen during photoshoots, auditions and group tours, Miyuki has built an impressive CV as one of the leading figures in the entertainment industry. Miyuki knew that to advance her career and expand into a wider market, the knowledge of English was extremely important. Picking it up during a linguistics course, Miyuki also learnt French during her free time.

However, six years of effort has culminated into a drive to seek something else, as her goal was to become someone who her mother and grandmother could be proud of. Konayama Miyuki announced her 'graduation' from the group to her legion of fans, and during the run up to her final performance, turned down several contracts as she sought to refresh her status in the industry.

How did she appear in the Building? Miyuki had no idea. One moment she was changing in her studio, the next she was in a different place. Blinking, Konayama Miyuki sought to make sense of all that was happening, and hopefully, find a way back...

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: Room
Link to RP examples: AceCombatRP

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Konayama Miyuki
Brief Description: A Japanese lady who lived her life through dance and song, aiming to lift the spirits and cheer on those around her.

Approved

Be cautious with the Kami Handshake. Certain characters have psionic abilities, so the sudden touch could harm them or Miyuki.

I'll bring her into the IC shortly. All characters arrive in the same manner. We need to put together a team to retrieve her.

Thanks! Yeah, it's all part of the RP about the handshake, and usually I'll try to RP it so that the characters will proceed to her for the handshake, instead of her going everywhere and fishing people shaking hands.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I asked Swith if she had something planned with this explosion. "No. I supplied major conflict. They're vets. Trust them. Let them take charge and solve things. They'll blow your mind."

So I read the IC.

:bow:

Brilliant work, all! Fucking outstanding posts, good coordination, good teamwork starting, good ideas flowing.

There won't be any hindrances on my part. You don't need me. You're the storycrafters now. Keep moving, keep working together to get to those trapped. Decide as a group when you want the rescue people to reach the trapped people. Triage, teamwork, coordination. I'm not expecting any characters to die. Injuring your own character is fine -- it will allow players running healer characters to use those skills.

Yes - if you want to add drama, the ceiling can collapse. All damages to Resident apartments will be repaired.

No - Residents won't be in trouble over the damage.

Yes - there's an explanation behind the explosion.

No - it's not a Nexus Crawler or IRS agent. It's actually mundane.

I've had a bad week. I've had an especially bad day. Your work in the IC didn't raise my spirits -- It took them to the moon and beyond. It's times like this that I'm so proud of this group. Thank you for helping Cat get settled. And Cat, nice job bringing out some of your character's emotions.

Right. I have characters to add to this mess. We have a new character to work in as well. I'm loathe to disrupt the drama unfolding at the Building. Delta isn't doing anything except running from spiders. I'll abuse use them to retrieve Miyuki.

@Gio. Will drop in a post for your story. I'm not at all familiar with Yuna but Bran's on sabbatical. Forgive any major discrepancies in her personality.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 pm

You know how to flatter a girl Cer. Hope Swith isn't too jealous :lol:
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse