NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
*gasp*

You're cheating on us with another role play?!

For SHAME!

I thought this was an open relationship! :unsure:

I have two pen and papers going and another NS rp going on.

Oh, it is, but DnD is really lowering Carly's standards. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Arkadacia wrote:Just poking my head in and saying hello for the first time in... a while. Anything particularly chaotic going on in the world of PL?

o/ TNEL

All the excitement is offline. Excitement being used liberally. :P
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 am

I'm home from con. I got some cool stuff. Wall scroll, art print, figure, acute food poisoning...

It was a good time. I think I blew more money at the Army Surplus store beforehand, though...whoops.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Most of you are aware of the Archive thread (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=386061). Someone has requested a biopage for their character. Excellent idea.

Q. Can we transfer our normal app?
A. I think we can come up with something better. Leave your app where it is, but feel free to turn your character's bio post into a living document. Make a timeline and add to it as the game progresses, keep track of equipment, note changing goals, etc.

Q. One character per post or more?
A. Let's go with one per post so you all don't run out of space.

Q. Will you link it on the front page?
A. Yup. Will take time tho.

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=250]B[/size][size=150]iography[/size]
[hr][/hr][tab=5][/tab]
[b][size=200]INSERT YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME HERE, USE CAP LETTERS[/size][/b][/align]

[floatright][tab=30][/tab]YOU CAN HOTLINK YOUR CHARACTER'S PICTURE PROVIDED IT IS NO MORE THAN 300 PX WIDE AND ADHERES TO THE NS PG-13 RATING. IF YOU DON'T HOTLINK, REMOVE THIS ENTIRE PARAGRAPH AND THE CODING.[/floatright]
[align=justify][size=150]SYNOPSIS[/size]
[b]GENDER:[/b]

[b]SPECIES:[/b]

[b]AGE:[/b]

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b]

[b]OCCUPATION:[/b] [What you do on Galli]

[b]EDUCATION & TRAINING:[/b]

[b]APPLICATION LINK:[/b]

[size=150]BIOGRAPHY[/size]

[size=150]SPECIALIZED SKILLS[/size]

[size=150]SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS[/size]

[size=150]APARTMENT PICTURE[/size]
REMOVE IF NONE. PLEASE KEEP IT TO 300 PX WIDTH.
[tab=10][/tab][/align]

Your character's flaws, fears, goals etc should be woven into their bio.

Your character's hotlinked pictured should be 300px or less in width. I strongly recommend uploading the image to your own hosting site. Bear in mind that artists can and do contact NS and request image takedowns, and the dreaded goatse does happen to those that insist on hotlinking from fan sites or other forum sites. The picture must be PG13. You are responsible for what you link.

Note the "tab" code in the image section? You'll want to leave that in. Put your link to the right of it.

The entire form is "justify" alignment. If you add other alignments, you'll need to close and then reopen the "justify" coding. :p

Take your time with it. It's your opportunity to pour love into your character. Don't slap up a single-paragraph bio, please. What happened before the character arrived at the Building. What's happened to them since then? Have they started a family, lost a battle, grown older, had a loss etc?

It should look like this when you're done: (still a WIP)
Biography

THADDEUS USSEIO

Image Credit: Thomas Lishman

SYNOPSIS

SPECIES: Human Cyborg

APPEARANCE: Thaddeus stands roughly 7.5 feet in height. His body shape is broad and seems muscular though this is due to design rather than a natural feature. Body design along these lines, with a bit more organic parts thrown in. It's rumored by Naomi that he still has the dangly bits but nobody in their right mind would ask him to show and tell. He's ugly (even for a his people) and it doesn't bother him. He has taken to forgoing the respirator in favor of a "more natural" (ha!) look which entails (sadly for those who have to spend time with him) a lopsided mouth, missing teeth, and a nose which most describe as a travesty. His eyes have been replaced with smooth, silvery optics which rest behind seldom-blinking lids. Bald, brutish, and prone to speaking in growls, he's off-putting until people get to know him.

EDUCATION & TRAINING: Thaddeus is a failed Space Marine. Though the gene seed is almost all but purged, the knowledge and skills that came with the process remain intact. It wasn't until after Charumati tore him to shreds in battle that he was considered a "failure" in the program (just shy of his final steps). The Brotherhood took pity on him, welcoming him into their ranks and training him in their ways. He served nearly three hundred years before Charumati hunted him down once more, and he acquired much knowledge during that time.

APPLICATION LINK: viewtopic.php?p=29368112#p29368112

BIOGRAPHY
Thaddeus was born on Fedrid, a Death World within the Calixis Sector. He picked up marksmanship from his father, and rose in status as a fighter. While most are chosen based upon their aggression and psychotic-level killer instinct, his instinct to kill arose from necessity given the deadly nature of his home planet. He was initially thought to lack the aggression necessary for selection until it was discovered that his mindset was more calculating than savage. Phase 1 of his indoctrination began at the age of 11, accompanied by the first augmentation - a secondary heart.

Considering that this character has been in play nearly 12 years in a variety of games, there's far too much history to cover. His tale picks up in PL. As Neste and Marcus are now part of the setting:

Thaddeus relocated to the Baratia hiveworld in order to pursue his research - including horrible experiments on humans and other life forms. Charumati was dead (again) though her power over him did not wane, and his rage towards her became apparent by what he did regarding the torture and mutilation of her cultists and their daemons. It was during this time that he found a fellow admech and married, and Wren was produced. Several years later, he was tasked to protect "hardware" which turned out to be the pregnant (and memory-wiped) Overseer. An illicit affair began shortly after the birth of her son, though it didn't last long. The Invidis and a reborn Charumati conspired to reclaim the Overseer as well as Thaddeus. The world was destroyed; he bared escaped with his life. Now wifeless, and with the Overseer once again suffering a memory wipe, he had no choice but to go underground with her and her son. He raised the boy as his own and appointed the lizard as his nanny. Neste, no longer aware of the past and in a deep depression, rejected him and all other contact save for the child.

Years and several battled later, Thaddeus was pulled into Vafflehelm by Charumati and charged with serving as her personal protector. Having nothing to live for, he sunk into his own depression which was only overcome by Charumati's splinter, Naomi - the embodiment of Love. Theirs was a secretive courtship and marriage. It was during this time that he brought Marcus to stay with him. During the Drone invasion, Charumati brought him to another dimension (with Naomi, Wren, Eva and Marcus in tow) in order for him to bastardize Nifid tech to defeat the Drones. Thirteen years passed, though it was only a day for those in Vafflehelm. He (and family) returned with weaponry which took out Drone tech. An explosion and new thread later, the Drones agreed to leave things alone and Thaddeus found himself without any purpose. The god killer and Chaos protector was now nothing more than an odd fixture occasionally found lurking the lobby. Fritz (Chaos avatar for the God of Fate) took pity on him and blessed his brain in order for him to enjoy occasional binge drinking, which he does when in the mood to get blind drunk.

He slipped into depression once more, forsaking everyone to the point of giving Naomi a reason to divorce him (she promptly did). His obsession had turned towards augmentations, an addition in fact. He missed the birth of his son, Argus. His only source of relief was his work and the boy whose mother had been his first, true love.

His devotion to Marcus is unwavering though he seldom tells the boy his feelings. Now that Marcus has learned the truth of his parentage, Thaddeus feels abandoned. There is nothing left for him. He has embarked once again on his quest for death, much to Adrastus' sorrow. He's a broken man.

Outwardly, he comes across as reserved. There is a clever sense of humor still rattling about his mind but it doesn't come out often. He is friendly to those he knows but allows no one to get close to him. His ties to Chaos grant him access to gossip ergo he's able to keep tabs on the Residents. And he's still charged with protecting them, especially the godling Giovenith (on Ogoti's orders). He's fond of his magically enlarged pet waterbear, Boopsie, but mocking him for it will surely bring about swift demise.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS
  • Wetwork. You figure it out.
  • Research. Thaddeus is a xenovirologist. He's brilliant at it, and we'll leave it at that.
  • Repair and fabrication.
  • Failed Spess Mahreen means he knows many forms of combat and can, in a pinch, fall back on his training in the field. Then again, an arm canon is much more effective, no?
  • Neste taught him to play the piano. There's a preference for jazz. His level? 3, if sober.

SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
  • Cursed Cyborg
    Power Level: - (note: OP tool character. Levels and weaknesses not listed)
    Strengths: His body and the curse placed upon him grant him the ability to endure the harshest environments. Various augmentations allow him to perform a variety of tasks from simple repairs to lethal slaughter. The immortality thrust upon him can only be broken by the Chaos bitch that cursed him. He regenerates - lock, stock, and barrel.
    Weaknesses: - (side note: the god is the weakness. She can toy with him however she pleases, to include cramming a daemon into him to fully possess him against his will.)
    Restrictions: this character's powers will not be used excessively (if at all) during normal game play. See note about "tool mode" above.

• Immunity to magic and psionic penetration
    Power Level: - (note: OP tool character. Levels and weaknesses not listed)
    Strengths: Ah, you thought you'd use your shit to do him in? No, he's protected, another fact of life that pisses him off.
    Weaknesses: - (note: OP tool character. Levels and weaknesses not listed)

APARTMENT PICTURE

Let the CoOPs know when you've posted your character to the Archive thread. They'll be able to track the post links for me.

Magnificent CoOPs of Reputable Taste and Grace - can you track this please? TY.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:34 pm

RP admin duties, go! -Snatches penguin with-

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Oomph -is snatched- :P

What do?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:47 pm

@Storm: take a look at the IC for what Macy just saw in the holodeck. We're collabing the next hunk of action, so let me know if you want to interact with the Raiders at all. We'll see if we can work you in somewhere, if you want that.

@Sal and AA: I'm going to post a hunk for the Ascalon story tomorrow. So, AA, if you want to say or do something before then, please do so soon.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:02 am

Northwest Slobovia wrote:@Storm: take a look at the IC for what Macy just saw in the holodeck. We're collabing the next hunk of action, so let me know if you want to interact with the Raiders at all. We'll see if we can work you in somewhere, if you want that.

@Sal and AA: I'm going to post a hunk for the Ascalon story tomorrow. So, AA, if you want to say or do something before then, please do so soon.

No, it's fine, Slo. I haven't get any imaginations for a posting of mine in here... :(
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:@Storm: take a look at the IC for what Macy just saw in the holodeck. We're collabing the next hunk of action, so let me know if you want to interact with the Raiders at all. We'll see if we can work you in somewhere, if you want that.

No, it's fine, Slo. I haven't get any imaginations for a posting of mine in here... :(

OK.

My post is going to be delayed, so you've got another day to think about it.

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:20 pm

plosted finally. Sorry for the delay. Was in a depressed mood yesterday and didn't have the will to post.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:56 pm

@Raiders Players: I'd like to wrap up the current collab in the holodeck so we can move on.

@Tilt: please post for Dora, so we can start the training scenario.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Tilt, Prim, should I assume you guys want the chance to reply to Mon and Cer's posts first since they're both more directed at your individual characters than the story as a whole?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:25 am

*noms Gio post thoughtfully*

I felt like Mon was addressing the whole group. Lemme poke him.
mumblemumblemumble

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Sorry I keep disappearing lately, I would justify but it's just the usual "I've been busy". Do you want me to put Oto on the archive?

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Good luck voting, everyone.
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Giovenith wrote:Good luck voting, everyone.

I'm working late today so I'm glad I voted absentee!
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:44 pm

I voted just before the line showed up in the morning, I felt really lucky to not have to wait long. :P
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Apparently, I didn't find out until today that the place I registered to vote at never actually did their job, so a couple hundred people were never actually put in the system. This was over a year ago that I registered.

And people wonder why I say I don't trust Democracy.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Apparently, I didn't find out until today that the place I registered to vote at never actually did their job, so a couple hundred people were never actually put in the system. This was over a year ago that I registered.

Jesus Christ, they should be sued.
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:Apparently, I didn't find out until today that the place I registered to vote at never actually did their job, so a couple hundred people were never actually put in the system. This was over a year ago that I registered.

Jesus Christ, they should be sued.

definitely, especially for not telling the people who weren't properly registered.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Voted last week. Almost got stopped because some fuck cancelled my registration and kept me in another county. Had to drive down to the registrar to settle it.

Never take voting for granted. Some people don't want to see you vote.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Highfort wrote:

Voted last week. Almost got stopped because some fuck cancelled my registration and kept me in another county. Had to drive down to the registrar to settle it.

Never take voting for granted. Some people don't want to see you vote.

Good thing I live in a really small town.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Miss Gio, you blow people's minds. Anyone could have gone the saccharine route considering the genre. You chose to once again delve into your grimdark box and tenderly dole out spoonfuls of mindfuckery and psychosis. You've outdone yourself. The Tiffany saga pales in comparison. Thank you for an exceptional read tonight.

I'll work up a reply and post it tomorrow. It won't be much. I'm moving Rache off to give Aegis time to feed. I figure Rache would move towards the gathering clouds. Are Chrys or Willow near that? He wouldn't be able to pick up on Brit or Duster very well.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks Cer, that's pretty uplifting at this moment.

All four of those chars are underground, so really it depends on how well you think he could sense any of them.
Last edited by Giovenith on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Giovenith wrote:Thanks Cer, that's pretty uplifting at this moment.

All four of those chars are underground, so really it depends on how well you think he could sense any of them.

Wouldn't the Umbrum crystals have an effect on that too?

Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse