NATION

PASSWORD

A Good ol' Space Western.(OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

A Good ol' Space Western.(OOC)

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 am

Introduction

Man is a funny creature. Even when there is plenty he still feels as if he has to have more than the other guy. This trait has lead to some rather interesting occurrences in the species history. But the greatest of them was the human colonization of other worlds. Man had used up his home, outgrew it. He than outgrew his solar system. So he built FTL and colonized further and further out into the blackness of space.

But man is a funny creature. Even when he had three hundred world under his control, it was not enough. For all this time the Colonies had been ruled from Old Earth. But Old Earth was light years away from the frontiers. Why should the Out World's be ruled by a far away government? After all, man had a right to rule himself, at least that's what the Separatist argued.

Old Earth had different ideas. And so the War started. It waged back and forth for five years till the interiors industrial might broke the spirit of the Separatist. The year is 890, or 3000 on the old calendars, six years after the War. The Outer Worlds are a hot bed of gangsters, pirates, smugglers, and piety criminals. In the Out Worlds the best way to survive is a ship. You are the captain of such a ship. Can you make it in this world, or will the hard vacuum of space have the final say?

Whatever happens, just remember that man is a funny creature.

A Captain's Rule of Thumb

The closer you are to Old Earth the safer you will be, but the less you can get away with. Which mean less money. The farther from Old Earth the more lawless it gets, but the better paying jobs are out there. Which means more money.

Rumors

If the aftermath of a civil war was not bad enough than maybe rumors of a malevolent alien fleet will make it better. Ever since the War ended there have been vague reports of a fleet of shadow ships lurking, alway just out of reach, always going into jump before scans can be made. Recently there have been reports of these vessels attacking ships. The on;t evidence is a brief distress call and than static.

Nothing else is known, or currently available to release.

The App
Code: Select all
Ship Name:
Ship Picture:
Armements:
Crew Capacity:
Cargo capacity:

Captain Name:
Captain Picture:
Captain Bio:
Other Crew.

Rules

1: Standard NS rules apply, obviously
2: I am OP, I reserve the right to approve or disapprove apps

Roster

James Highfield, of the Silver Bird played by Ithalian Empire (OP)
Gunmar Hjolfson, of the Splender played by Gungir
Captian Samuel Jackson, of the Zero-T played by The V O I D
Captain John "Blackjack" Wilson, of The Ira Dei played by Brusia
Captian Andrew Allvick, of the Hectate played by Western Imperial Union
Captain Vardis Hardyne, Captain of The Hail Mari played by New Ferris
Captain Noah Graham, Captain of the Clypeus played by Imperial City-states
Captain Joseph Bridges. of the Aerosteel played by Kyraina
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Ship Name: The Silver Bird
Ship Picture:The Silver Bird
Armaments: 2x 10mm Frontal Railguns 3x 40 megawatt Sentry Defense Turrets
Crew Capacity: 6 crew, 20 passengers
Cargo capacity: 6000 tons

Captain Name: James Highfield
Captain Picture:James Highfield
Captain Bio: James was born to a wealthy merchant family in the interior. He was the oldest of seven other brothers, as such his father's large and wealthy trade company would be his. His father had high hopes for his son. James was smart, he did well at school. But James was also restless. He wanted adventure, he felt there was more to life than what his father wanted for him.

He was also taken in by the stories of daring do out on the the Outer Worlds. Than the Separatists began to form, and James snuck onto one of his father's ships to go and join the movement. This of course lead to a decline in his relationship with his father. Than the war started. James was there, every battle. From the early victories to the late defeats. He was there when the Separatist were crushed at Bellou III and the war ended.

James tried to go back to a normal life, but it was impossible for him. As much as that war was hell, he missed the adventure. So he borrowed one of his father's armoured frigates and some money and went out the the Outer Worlds to find adventure and fortune. At the same time he has to avoid the bounty hunter his father has sent to get his ship back, and possibly get rid of his embarrassment of a son.

Other Crew:

Joe Long: Ship's second in command. He is James closest thing to a best friend.

Mary Roussou: The ship's navigator and pilot. She and the ship are as one.

Jacob Pit: The ship's muscle, he was once a former mercenary. Has a thing for Mary.

Andrew Harvey: The ship's doctor, he doesn't mix well the other crew.

Casey Jones: Casey was once the fastest draw this side of Orion, but after he accidentally killed his brother in a gunfight he has given up his life of violence to become the ship's cook.

Passengers. Currently the Silver Bird is talking three passengers.

Judith Parloy: An actress from the Inner Worlds. She is uncomfortable with her circumstances.

Ann Betlow: A mail order bride to a wealthy merchant in the Outer Worlds.

George Cutler: Judith's travelling companion and bodyguard.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Ship Name:

Armements:
    * Heavy turbolaser batteries (50)
    * Medium turbolaser batteries (50)
    * Ion cannon batteries (40)
    * Tractor beam projectors (20)
    * Proton torpedo launchers (50)
    * 200 proton torpedoes
    * Interdiction field
Crew Capacity: 8,450
Cargo capacity: 11,000 tons

Captain Name:

Captain Bio: He was a dedicated Human male naval officer, serving for seven decades in the fleets of the Galactic Navies and rose to the position of supreme commander for the latter two Old Earth governments. Pellaeon began his career in the Old Earth's Judicial Forces, where he ascended the ranks and captained the assault ship Leveler during the Ancient Wars. Pellaeon developed a strong attachment to the navy as an institution, and when the Old Earth became the corrupted, Pellaeon continued serving aboard the Star Destroyer Chimaera who later took his name.

At the Battle of Balaklava, the Chimaera fell under Pellaeon's command, and he issued the retreat order. Captain Pellaeon remained one of the fleet's more prominent officers until the return of Grand Admiral Thrawn, who selected the Chimaera as his flagship and made Pellaeon his right-hand man. Pellaeon grew to respect and admire Thrawn throughout the Grand Admiral's campaign against the Rebels, but when Thrawn was assassinated, Pellaeon again was forced to call a retreat. After Thrawn's death and the failed return of order, the Old Earth crumbled around Pellaeon. He found himself serving as the second-in-command of the warlord Treuten Teradoc, but when Admiral Natasi Daala shared with him her vision of rebuilding the Earth and ending warlordism, he defected to her and played a key role in forming the Earth Remnant.

Upon Daala's defeat, she turned command of the Remnant over to Admiral Pellaeon, making him Supreme Commander of the Fleet. Pellaeon rebuilt the fleet and fought a series of campaigns against the Rebels, but was frequently driven back as the Remnant's resources shriveled. Pellaeon finally accepted that the only way for the Renmant to survive was through a peace treaty, and forced the Council of Admirals to accept a truce with the New Earth Goverment.
Last edited by Cuprum on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Cuprum wrote:>SNIP<

I am not sure, but I don't think you get what I am looking for. You're the captain of a smaller ship, a way smaller ship, doing odd jobs just to scrape by.

So I will politely ask you to revise your application.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 am

Are we exclusively human in this RP? I ask so I know what species to use in my application. :)

I've got an Argonian vessel/crew operating under a similar concept and the same 'Firefly' vibe. They'd be a good fit I think, but might not be viable at all if mankind is alone at this point in the universe. If so, I'll just have to come up with something new.
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 am

Wandering Argonians wrote:Are we exclusively human in this RP? I ask so I know what species to use in my application. :)

I've got an Argonian vessel/crew operating under a similar concept and the same 'Firefly' vibe. They'd be a good fit I think, but might not be viable at all if mankind is alone at this point in the universe. If so, I'll just have to come up with something new.

Yes humanity is official alone in the universe at this point, but as I stated there are vague rumors of an alien presence making its self known in the Outer Worlds. Maybe you could work that in some how?
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 am

We could do that in a dozen ways. The 'First Contact Scenario' is an overplayed device, unfortunately. I leave that up to you.

However, I do keep a human puppet nation around for situations like this. 'Vikings in Space' sounds like a fun concept I haven't explored yet. I'll toss up an app for the puppet nation and we'll go from there.
Last edited by Wandering Argonians on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gungir
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gungir » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:12 am

As promised, a puppet application. (Wandering Argonians)

Ship Name: Sleipneir
Ship Picture: Word Picture
The vessel is small, only about a half-mile in length and displacing about five mega-tonnes. It is a swift vessel, however, with engines disproportionate to its size. A Longship-class ship, it is intended primarily for exploration purposes and raiding but sees widespread use as a multi-purpose workhorse among traders.
Armements: Six broad-side magnetic acceleration batteries, two bow-facing magnetic acceleration batteries
Crew Capacity: 800 (Heavily automated)
Cargo capacity: Fifty tons

Captain Name: Gunmar Hjolfson
Captain Picture: Word Picture
Captain Hjolfson is an imposing individual, standing over six and a half feet tall and heavily muscled. A product of the Gungiri military, he bears runes tattooed across the bridge of the nose as a symbol of status among warriors. His beard and hair are pale blond, and worn long with the occasional practical braid to keep it out of his way. His voice booms in the confined spaces of his vessel in both mirth and rage, and is rarely a reliable indicator of his mood. His propensity to throw things, however, is usually a much better gauge.
Captain Bio: A product of the Gungiri military, Hjolfson rose to prominence from humble beginnings as the son of a terrestrial fishing family where he learned the trade of his father and to respect the icy seas surrounding his home nation. At sixteen, he enlisted as a means to advance his social status as a warrior. After numerous conflicts and service during the War as a leader of boarding parties, Hjolfson left the independent Gungiri military to raise a party of warriors and further his goals of self-advancement among the stars as an explorer and trader.
Other Crew: I'll add them as they develop and I get a better feel for the setting.
-Norse-Pagan nation dedicated to glory in battle and honor in death.

-Puppet nation of Wandering Argonians (Est 2003)

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:06 pm

WIP

Ship Name: The Fortunate
Ship Picture: [url=img=http://i.imgur.com/cYJMP1p.jpg]The Fortunate[/url]
Armements: x2 Turrets with 2 Relion Assault Lasers, 2 front facing Arcon Lascannons
Crew Capacity: 6 (only 4 crew are on board)
Cargo capacity: 5 tonnes

Captain Name: James Hannigan
Captain Picture: The Captain
Captain Bio: Captain Hannigan was born on the backwater planet of Bellou III, and he hated it. He wanted to get away from the planet and would work odd jobs in order to earn the money to leave. His ship finally arrived when he was 18 with the chance to stow away on a small Artican class Cargo Freighter, The Fortunate,
Other Crew.
Kinji Akihmura: Ship's engineer, knows every black market hot spot in the belt of Orion
Jenny Bingsly: Ship's cook/rear gunner/assistant load master/engineer, a jack of all trades who doesn't seem to mind the fact that this ship has been shot at more times that she can count
Samuel Khan: Ship's weapons expert/forward gunner/load master, Samuel is the only member of the crew from earth, but he won't say why he left.
Father Alex Marlow aka Preacher: Passenger who ended up getting framed for child molestation, he is the resident bible thumber and often battles wits with Hannigan
Nathan Walsh: Ship's medic, who never actually got his medical license
Last edited by New Antonalia on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Wandering Argonians wrote:We could do that in a dozen ways. The 'First Contact Scenario' is an overplayed device, unfortunately. I leave that up to you.

However, I do keep a human puppet nation around for situations like this. 'Vikings in Space' sounds like a fun concept I haven't explored yet. I'll toss up an app for the puppet nation and we'll go from there.

Space Vikings sound cool. Yeah, the whole first contact thing is way overdone, but I was a bit lazy and did not want to write information for different alien races. Cheap I know.

And your app is accepted.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Ahh tag. I love space westerns. Like Firefly. Anyways smuggler-esk coming soon. Anyways, what sort of weaponry will the crew and the ship can have?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:59 pm

New Ferris wrote:Ahh tag. I love space westerns. Like Firefly. Anyways smuggler-esk coming soon. Anyways, what sort of weaponry will the crew and the ship can have?

Gunpowder weapons will be more common than lasers. Ships can have energy weapons.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
New Ferris wrote:Ahh tag. I love space westerns. Like Firefly. Anyways smuggler-esk coming soon. Anyways, what sort of weaponry will the crew and the ship can have?

Gunpowder weapons will be more common than lasers. Ships can have energy weapons.

By gunpowder, you mean kinetic based weapons?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 pm

New Ferris wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

By gunpowder, you mean kinetic based weapons?

Yes.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Sooooooooooooooo much yes.

Ship Name: Zero Tolerance (sometimes called 'Zero-T' or '0T')
Ship Picture: Zero-T.
Armaments: 20 x Small Omnidirectional Automatic Directed Energy Cannons [OADECs], 5 x 20 mm Automatic Railguns, 3 x Large Bow-Mounted Energy Cannons [BMECs].
Crew Capacity: 500 Crew. 100-150 Passengers. Largely automatic.
Cargo Capacity: Several hundred tons.

Captain Name: Captain Samuel Jackson (Aliases: Jack the Marauder; The Pirate King; Old Man Jack/Uncle Jack)
Captain Picture: The Captain.
Captain Bio: Captain Samuel Jackson, also known as Captain Jackson or Jack the Marauder, is despite his old age (about 63) a ruthless pirate. His ship, the Zero Tolerance has racked up since its commissioning an astonishing amount of crimes. From raiding, to the destruction of some colony towns, to human/drug trafficking, to weapons selling... you name the crime, the Zero-T has probably been responsible for it at some point or another. Captain Jackson's ship isn't just a metaphor: he has a zero tolerance for failure, and a zero tolerance for people who get in his way. He has become known as Jack the Marauder because he sometimes raids colonies; often killing many in the process as well as stealing people to sell to other human traffickers or even to slavers. He has built up a reputation as the semi-self proclaimed Pirate King. He is well respected among pirates, slavers and criminals alike; some of his crew even call him 'Uncle Jack.' Despite this, it is the total opposite for law enforcement: they severely hate the man and have put several bounties on his head (that few who know Jackson will give chase for). The law enforcement tends to have trouble even after all these years catching Captain Jackson in the act. The old man is most definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Other Crew: Victoria ["Little Jackie" / "Princess"] Jackson; the Captain's daughter, sired by a woman Jackson sold into trafficking. Little Jackie is regarded as the heir to Jackson's self-proclaimed throne, and thus is viewed as the future Pirate Queen. She can be just as ruthless as her father, and is Captain Jackson's second in command. Other crew aside from them are usually faceless nobodies who are often replaced after raids because of the high risk of death.

If there are any issues with this app, please inform me so. There's no such thing as too many RPs.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Tag for interest.
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

Excellent.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:33 pm

The V O I D wrote:Sooooooooooooooo much yes.

Ship Name: Zero Tolerance (sometimes called 'Zero-T' or '0T')
Ship Picture: Zero-T.
Armaments: 20 x Small Omnidirectional Automatic Directed Energy Cannons [OADECs], 5 x 20 mm Automatic Railguns, 3 x Large Bow-Mounted Energy Cannons [BMECs].
Crew Capacity: 500 Crew. 100-150 Passengers. Largely automatic.
Cargo Capacity: Several hundred tons.

Captain Name: Captain Samuel Jackson (Aliases: Jack the Marauder; The Pirate King; Old Man Jack/Uncle Jack)
Captain Picture: The Captain.
Captain Bio: Captain Samuel Jackson, also known as Captain Jackson or Jack the Marauder, is despite his old age (about 63) a ruthless pirate. His ship, the Zero Tolerance has racked up since its commissioning an astonishing amount of crimes. From raiding, to the destruction of some colony towns, to human/drug trafficking, to weapons selling... you name the crime, the Zero-T has probably been responsible for it at some point or another. Captain Jackson's ship isn't just a metaphor: he has a zero tolerance for failure, and a zero tolerance for people who get in his way. He has become known as Jack the Marauder because he sometimes raids colonies; often killing many in the process as well as stealing people to sell to other human traffickers or even to slavers. He has built up a reputation as the semi-self proclaimed Pirate King. He is well respected among pirates, slavers and criminals alike; some of his crew even call him 'Uncle Jack.' Despite this, it is the total opposite for law enforcement: they severely hate the man and have put several bounties on his head (that few who know Jackson will give chase for). The law enforcement tends to have trouble even after all these years catching Captain Jackson in the act. The old man is most definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Other Crew: Victoria ["Little Jackie" / "Princess"] Jackson; the Captain's daughter, sired by a woman Jackson sold into trafficking. Little Jackie is regarded as the heir to Jackson's self-proclaimed throne, and thus is viewed as the future Pirate Queen. She can be just as ruthless as her father, and is Captain Jackson's second in command. Other crew aside from them are usually faceless nobodies who are often replaced after raids because of the high risk of death.

If there are any issues with this app, please inform me so. There's no such thing as too many RPs.

Your papers seem to be in order. Welcome to the Outer Worlds.

New Antonalia wrote:WIP

Ship Name: The Fortunate
Ship Picture: [url=img=http://i.imgur.com/cYJMP1p.jpg]The Fortunate[/url]
Armements: x2 Turrets with 2 Relion Assault Lasers, 2 front facing Arcon Lascannons
Crew Capacity: 6 (only 4 crew are on board)
Cargo capacity: 5 tonnes

Captain Name: James Hannigan
Captain Picture: The Captain
Captain Bio: Captain Hannigan was born on the backwater planet of Bellou III, and he hated it. He wanted to get away from the planet
Other Crew.
Kinji Akihmura: Ship's engineer, knows every black market hot spot in the belt of Orion
Jenny Bingsly: Ship's cook/rear gunner/assistant load master/engineer, a jack of all trades who doesn't seem to mind the fact that this ship has been shot at more times that she can count
Samuel Khan: Ship's weapons expert/forward gunner/load master, Samuel is the only member of the crew from earth, but he won't say why he left.
Father Alex Marlow aka Preacher: Passenger who ended up getting framed for child molestation, he is the resident bible thumber and often battles wits with Hannigan
Nathan Walsh: Ship's medic, who never actually got his medical license

I need more information in the Captain's Bio.
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks for accepting me. Considering Jackson is the semi-self proclaimed "Pirate King," I have a feeling I am going to have lots of interactions with pirates, criminals, and slavers. Considering Jackson is one of the most infamous (or famous in the underworld) slavers/raiders/pirates, it'd make sense. I'm basically RPing as Jaws, and the Outer Worlds are my ocean.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 pm

The V O I D wrote:Thanks for accepting me. Considering Jackson is the semi-self proclaimed "Pirate King," I have a feeling I am going to have lots of interactions with pirates, criminals, and slavers. Considering Jackson is one of the most infamous (or famous in the underworld) slavers/raiders/pirates, it'd make sense. I'm basically RPing as Jaws, and the Outer Worlds are my ocean.

I think we may have some interesting times than.

I will try to get the IC up sometime next week if that's okay.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Thanks for accepting me. Considering Jackson is the semi-self proclaimed "Pirate King," I have a feeling I am going to have lots of interactions with pirates, criminals, and slavers. Considering Jackson is one of the most infamous (or famous in the underworld) slavers/raiders/pirates, it'd make sense. I'm basically RPing as Jaws, and the Outer Worlds are my ocean.

I think we may have some interesting times than.

I will try to get the IC up sometime next week if that's okay.

There's no need to rush yourself; take as much time as you need. And yes, it will be most interesting...
I am so tempted to use the Jaws theme in any of my IC posts that involve the Zero-T preparing to raid a planet or attack/raid a ship.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Ship Name: The Ira Dei
Ship Picture: The Ira Dei
Armaments: 12x Laser cannon batteries (6x dorsal, 6x ventral), 3x torpedo tubes, 4x manned dual railgun turrets, stealth system
Crew Capacity: 75
Cargo capacity: 100 tons

Captain Name: Commander John "Blackjack" Wilson
Captain Picture: Blackjack
Captain Bio: John Wilson was an officer with the Separatist Navy during the War. He proved to be a skilled tactician and quickly climbed his way through the ranks, making Commander in only 4 years (this rapid rise was also aided in part by the very short life expectancy of Separatist officers). Shortly after receiving his promotion, Wilson was placed in command of the Separatist's shiny new toy: the Ira Dei. The Ira Dei was a prototype stealth vessel constructed from blueprints stolen from a military research lab on Old Earth. The ship's advanced stealth drive could not be detected by the enemy's radar, which made it ideal for sneaking behind the enemy's lines to deliver quick hit-and-run attacks. The Ira Dei proved to be quite successful at this task, and the Separatists intended to build more vessels with stealth drives, but ultimately would not have the chance. Over the next year, the Separatists would lose more and more ground to their enemy and more and more production centers, until they were finally left with no choice but to surrender.

Commander Wilson and the crew of the Ira Dei had no intention of surrendering and turning their ship over to their enemy however, and instead headed as far away from Old Earth's influence as they could and towards the Outer Worlds. Once in the Outer Worlds, the crew took on a number of odd jobs to survive until finally settling on smuggling. The stealth drive proved to be as useful at helping to smuggle cargo as it was in making hit-and-run attacks during the war, and the crew soon began earning a reputation as some of the best smugglers around. With their reputation, the crew of the Ira Dei began taking on increasingly valuable cargo and making an increasingly greater profit, to the point where most of the crew was making more in a month now than they had in an entire year back in the military. Though some have since retired, most of the crew has remained aboard, if for no other reason than to irritate the Old Earth authorities by constantly breaking their laws. Now the Ira Dei has a reputation as the finest smuggling ship in the sector, and nearly everyone in the Outer Worlds who has a need to move some less than legal cargo knows that "Blackjack" Wilson is the man to call to get it where it needs to go.
Other Crew: Lieutenant Commander Yi Sun - First Officer of the Ira Dei, once described by Commander Wilson as "the craftiest bastard I've ever met" Sun is a deft and cunning man with a particular talent for subterfuge.
Dr. Leonard Cash - Chief Medical Officer of the Ira Dei, a brilliant (if somewhat crotchety) old surgeon.
Lieutenant Wyatt James - Chief Tactical Officer of the Ira Dei, the near polar opposite of Lieutenant Commander Sun, Wyatt James is an imposing man who is exceptionally talented at shooting things, hitting things, and making things go boom.
Ensign Jeff Andretti - Helmsman of the Ira Dei, formerly the finest pilot in the Separatist fleet.
Mary Eyre - An information broker who spent her whole life in the Outer Worlds, Mary joined up with the crew of the Ira Dei after Commander Wilson saved her life. She provides the Commander with information on his would-be clients, helping to steer him away from folks with a reputation for not keeping their end of a bargain.
Last edited by Brusia on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Brus, your character sounds fun. I wonder if Blackjack knows of or has met Uncle Jack.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:20 pm

The V O I D wrote:Brus, your character sounds fun. I wonder if Blackjack knows of or has met Uncle Jack.

Thanks :) I'd certainly say it's possible they've crossed paths before, especially if Uncle Jack needed something smuggled at some point

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Brusia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Brus, your character sounds fun. I wonder if Blackjack knows of or has met Uncle Jack.

Thanks :) I'd certainly say it's possible they've crossed paths before, especially if Uncle Jack needed something smuggled at some point

Hmmm. Very possible, indeed. Uncle Jack probably has your char on his contacts list. Perhaps we could interact in the IC at some point.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse