NATION

PASSWORD

Blake Holsey High (OOC/Closed/Rebooted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Apror wrote:-I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME SNIP POPPA-

Cool, but I've got a few questions about Cameron if that's OK.

1. Since he doesn't like Canada, what does he think about Quebec? Mostly because of the whole independence thing but also because there's a Quebecois girl at the school. She's actually quite conservative, to the point where I think she only supports Bloc Québécois (who are centre-left) simply because of their pro-independence policies (and maybe because there isn't a major right-wing pro-independence party) so the two might get along; "might" being the keyword because she can't speak English (she can understand it, she just has a mental block when it comes to speaking it)
  2. Is he a Trump supporter? Does he wish that another Republican got the nomination, like Cruz, Rubio, Kasich or Jeb Bush? Does he wish that Mike Pence was president instead? Or does he support a third party like the Libertarians or the Constitution Party?
  3. Seeing as Mansfield's part of the DFW, which is his favourite out of the Cowboys, the Stars, the Texas Rangers or the Mavericks? Or does he just support a different team altogether?
  4. I'm guessing he's a Christian, seeing as he's read the Bible enough to be well-versed. If he is, what denomination is he? Is he a Catholic? Baptist? Methodist? Lutheran? Some other type of Christian? Or is he a different religion altogether

Sorry for the question, by the way, I'm just curious, that's all. Plus it might be helpful if you want to build your character.

Apror wrote:So......can I get a review on the last hundred something pages of OCC and the IC.

At the moment, there was a big party over at Olivia's house (Olivia being one of Corrian's NPCs). Was, because the police have arrived and are shutting the place down, arresting any unruly teenagers. If that's not your sort of thing, then I'm sure there are a few people who are out and about. Or maybe Cameron could talk to his roommate if he gets assigned to a room, didn't want to attend the party for whatever reason and couldn't find someone else to talk to.

If Cameron arrived earlier during the week: On Monday, everyone arrived at the school, made some new friends, got introduced to their new dormmates, all that. Lessons began on the Tuesday, where everything began his US History, taught by Dirk (who's also the football coach for the join Blake Holsey/Aspen Valley High team), a fellow Texan. Then there was gym, followed by World History (taught by Mr. McNashley who, much like Dirk, served in the military). Then there was lunch and then afternoon lessons that we skipped over. On Saturday afternoon, there was a dance, which was pretty much like a homecoming/newcomers dance, that most of the school attended (a few people didn't attend it, either because they had plans or because they simply didn't like parties).

That's pretty much everything, really. I'm sure that someone else could go into more detail or correct any mistakes I've made but that's basically the gist of what's happened so far.

I go to ask, what the heck is the Snip Papa thing?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Seeing as I might as well join in:

Peter is apolitical, to the point where he would give a joke answer if he was asked who he's backing for the election (which, ICly, is still a few months away thanks to A LOT of delays) we've had, so it's probably not a good idea to bring up politics around him full stop. He's also atheist although, fortunately, not anti-religious. Not to mention that he tends to give people nicknames - unless they're not part of his small circle of friends (which consists of his best friend, his secret girlfriend and his dormmate) or Dirk, the aforementioned US history teacher and football coach, thanks to that pleasant conversation they had on the first day - which might cause a small amount of conflict between him and Cameron; however, this isn't out of malice but because he's not good at remembering names - besides, if he says a name that Cameron doesn't like, all he has to do is to let him know and Peter will apologise and stop calling him that. Also, he's half Quebecois (his mother comes from Montreal), 3/8 Polish (which explains his surname, Kowalski) and 1/8 Welsh (through his paternal grandmother), so any comments about him being "Anglo" or "British" would be either ignored or by him saying something like "Trace amounts". And finally, if you do upset him, just make sure you're good at cooking or basketball; he will drop the gloves, so to speak, but only if you do something really bad, like hurt Karlee (his best friend) or Miyuki (his secret girlfriend).

Erin, my other main character who's a lesbian rivethead (think industrial goth) from New Zealand, was born and raised in a Baptist family. Which makes sense seeing as Pacific Islanders tend to be religious and, indeed, Samoans are no exception. However, Erin herself is an atheist, which is something she's not willing to bring up to her family (one of her brothers know and supports her, but that's about as far as it goes). Fortunately, she will admit that she respects Jesus (and she could also argue that He was a fellow anarchist) and will say that the Bible does have some good advice, so don't expect her to go on a massive anti-religious crusade anytime soon. Not to mention that she's a very chill and laidback person and doesn't like it when people push their views onto other people; she's fine with debates or trying to explain your position in a respectful manner but anything like "you must believe this" or "you must believe that" will cause her to tune out what you're saying.

I would bring up Kennedy and Adrian but they're not really that major, so there's not really that much point in bringing up their political or religious views and maybe how they'd react to Cameron's.

Apror wrote:He keeps his Conseritism secret around Liberals, unless they're willing to have a intellectual conversation. Of course, he may support those things, he wouldn't purposely provoke someone. And Andrew isn't afraid to punch back. Remember we're talking about a Texan here. Especially considering he's kinda been raised with the 'Damn Yankee' mindset, and is a brawler. Though, he got to know him, wouldn't bring such things up.

Edit: Shit! My guy is literally a black Redneck! Well, not a redneck, but really Southern. At most, he might provoke him with his outright love of the South. He won't hide that. And is very religious, though doesn't feel any Malice toward the LGBT crowd. He keeps those kinds of opinions to himself mostly. Also, he would rival the Canada High with 'Murica F*ck yeah' attitude. I also kind of made my character a little bit of a goof ball. A little. Though he likes the more serious things like shotguns.......

As I've mentioned, we've also got a couple of Texans, Dirk and his younger brother Jeb, so Cameron's probably not alone in repping the South. Not to mention that Megan, Jeb's ex-girlfriend, moved to Dallas from LA when she was 5 so I guess she counts as well. The downside is I'm not sure if they'll agree politically with Cameron (seeing as he's pro-Trump, albeit because his main choice Ted Cruz didn't get the Republican nomination) but it's still something worth mentioning.

North Daecon wrote:Also, Logan really doesn't like right wing types, the American south, rednecks, ultra religious people or American football. Also really despises the orange buffoon, for obvious reasons.

Maybe it ends up in a brawl?

In that case, I should probably point out that, should Logan and Cameron end up having a fight, Peter's going to stay out of it. Mostly due to his neutrality and the fact that he doesn't like being around loads of people, something that a fight would inevitably get.

P.S. Again, seeing as he doesn't like the American version, what does Logan think of Canadian football? Sorry if I've already asked this but I didn't really get an answer the last time I asked, although I'm guessing you probably didn't read it. Here's a quick guide on what Canadian football is and here's another guide (from the same guy) showing the differences between it and its American counterpart.

Apror wrote:I go to ask, what the heck is the Snip Papa thing?

-SNIP- is basically where you shorten a quoted post, either because it'll go over the character limit or make a post longer than it should be. I'm basically just trying to liven it up a bit. In this case, using a line from the Notorious B.I.G. song Big Poppa and trying to make a pun out of it. Sorry if I confused you. :oops:
Last edited by Elejamie on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Elejamie wrote:Seeing as I might as well join in:

Peter is apolitical, to the point where he would give a joke answer if he was asked who he's backing for the election (which, ICly, is still a few months away thanks to A LOT of delays) we've had, so it's probably not a good idea to bring up politics around him full stop. He's also atheist although, fortunately, not anti-religious. Not to mention that he tends to give people nicknames - unless they're not part of his small circle of friends (which consists of his best friend, his secret girlfriend and his dormmate) or Dirk, the aforementioned US history teacher and football coach, thanks to that pleasant conversation they had on the first day - which might cause a small amount of conflict between him and Cameron; however, this isn't out of malice but because he's not good at remembering names - besides, if he says a name that Cameron doesn't like, all he has to do is to let him know and Peter will apologise and stop calling him that. Also, he's half Quebecois (his mother comes from Montreal), 3/8 Polish (which explains his surname, Kowalski) and 1/8 Welsh (through his paternal grandmother), so any comments about him being "Anglo" or "British" would be either ignored or by him saying something like "Trace amounts". And finally, if you do upset him, just make sure you're good at cooking or basketball; he will drop the gloves, so to speak, but only if you do something really bad, like hurt Karlee (his best friend) or Miyuki (his secret girlfriend).

Erin, my other main character who's a lesbian rivethead (think industrial goth) from New Zealand, was born and raised in a Baptist family. Which makes sense seeing as Pacific Islanders tend to be religious and, indeed, Samoans are no exception. However, Erin herself is an atheist, which is something she's not willing to bring up to her family (one of her brothers know and supports her, but that's about as far as it goes). Fortunately, she will admit that she respects Jesus (and she could also argue that He was a fellow anarchist) and will say that the Bible does have some good advice, so don't expect her to go on a massive anti-religious crusade anytime soon. Not to mention that she's a very chill and laidback person and doesn't like it when people push their views onto other people; she's fine with debates or trying to explain your position in a respectful manner but anything like "you must believe this" or "you must believe that" will cause her to tune out what you're saying.

I would bring up Kennedy and Adrian but they're not really that major, so there's not really that much point in bringing up their political or religious views and maybe how they'd react to Cameron's.

Apror wrote:He keeps his Conseritism secret around Liberals, unless they're willing to have a intellectual conversation. Of course, he may support those things, he wouldn't purposely provoke someone. And Andrew isn't afraid to punch back. Remember we're talking about a Texan here. Especially considering he's kinda been raised with the 'Damn Yankee' mindset, and is a brawler. Though, he got to know him, wouldn't bring such things up.

Edit: Shit! My guy is literally a black Redneck! Well, not a redneck, but really Southern. At most, he might provoke him with his outright love of the South. He won't hide that. And is very religious, though doesn't feel any Malice toward the LGBT crowd. He keeps those kinds of opinions to himself mostly. Also, he would rival the Canada High with 'Murica F*ck yeah' attitude. I also kind of made my character a little bit of a goof ball. A little. Though he likes the more serious things like shotguns.......

As I've mentioned, we've also got a couple of Texans, Dirk and his younger brother Jeb, so Cameron's probably not alone in repping the South. Not to mention that Megan, Jeb's ex-girlfriend, moved to Dallas from LA when she was 5 so I guess she counts as well. The downside is I'm not sure if they'll agree politically with Cameron (seeing as he's pro-Trump) but it's still something worth mentioning.

North Daecon wrote:Also, Logan really doesn't like right wing types, the American south, rednecks, ultra religious people or American football. Also really despises the orange buffoon, for obvious reasons.

Maybe it ends up in a brawl?

In that case, I should probably point out that, should Logan and Cameron end up having a fight, Peter's going to stay out of it. Mostly due to his neutrality and the fact that he doesn't like being around loads of people, something that a fight would inevitably get.

P.S. Again, seeing as he doesn't like the American version, what does Logan think of Canadian football? Sorry if I've already asked this but I didn't really get an answer the last time I asked, although I'm guessing you probably didn't read it. Here's a quick guide on what Canadian football is and here's another guide (from the same guy) showing the differences between it and its American counterpart.

Apror wrote:I go to ask, what the heck is the Snip Papa thing?

-SNIP- is basically where you shorten a quoted post, either because it'll go over the character limit or make a post longer than it should be. I'm basically just trying to liven it up a bit. In this case, using a line from the Notorious B.I.G. song Big Poppa and trying to make a pun out of it. Sorry if I confused you. :oops:

Andrew isn't as pro Trump as he is Pro Republican, and mostly supports Trump because he'd never get behind the Democrats, or anyone else. He doesn't agree with everything Trump does, but the same thing can't be said about Democrats, and when he disagrees with Democrats, unlike Trump, they're simply things he refuses to defend. Andrew would have preferred someone else, but is behind Trump because that's what he has been given. Also, I highly doubt Andrew will get into a fight. He's been in this kind of situations before, and if he knows it will aggravate somebody, won't push it. At least around said person.

I also stated that He is not the kind of person to push his beliefs, and believes everyone is entitled to their view. He is however into respectful debate. He also kind of looks down on people who fight for those kind of reasons, and views them as petty. It's not his kind of reasoning to fight.
Last edited by Apror on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:21 pm

That moment when I'm not already in quite yet, but people already threatening to fight me because of political beliefs. This is like.......real life.
Last edited by Apror on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Apror wrote:Andrew isn't as pro Trump as he is Pro Republican, and mostly supports Trump because he'd never get behind the Democrats, or anyone else. He doesn't agree with everything Trump does, but the same thing can't be said about Democrats, and when he disagrees with Democrats, unlike Trump, they're simply things he refuses to defend. Andrew would have preferred someone else, but is behind Trump because that's what he has been given. Also, I highly doubt Andrew will get into a fight. He's been in this kind of situations before, and if he knows it will aggravate somebody, won't push it. At least around said person.

So he is. Sorry about that, I've gone back and corrected that bit. And probably messed it up again.

But yeah, again, I can see what you mean. And actually understand why he'd rather support Trump than vote Democrat. Besides, there might be a few people at the school who'd feel the same way. I don't know, it might be worth asking.

Apror wrote:I also stated that He is not the kind of person to push his beliefs, and believes everyone is entitled to their view. He is however into respectful debate. He also kind of looks down on people who fight for those kind of reasons, and views them as petty. It's not his kind of reasoning to fight.

Makes sense. Besides, I didn't read it clearly, so sorry about that.

Also, I'd like to mention that Logan made some comments about Tyler, the quarterback for the AVHS football team, so I could argue that he's a little bit opinionated (which could explain why North Daecon said "Maybe it ends up in a brawl?", seeing as that might be what happens if the whole argument between the two goes a bit overboard). I don't know, might be worth asking ND about it.

Apror wrote:Love how I'm not already in quite yet, but people already threatening to fight me because of political beliefs. This is like.......real life.

Sorry about that. :oops:

Fortunately, should Cameron end up joining the school, it won't be all bad for him. He might end up making some new friends, so should something happen he'll have someone to back him up when he needs help. As for my guys? Peter probably would ask him why Cameron supports Trump but generally wouldn't care all that much (seeing as, again, he doesn't really care all that much about politics) and would treat him like he would anyone else. And Erin would probably have a theological and/or political discussion with him (the sort where they'd probably come away respecting and learning a bit more about each others beliefs), probably over a slice of pizza; it probably helps that the rest of her family tend to vote National, who are the main conservative party in NZ. And, finally, Kennedy (who is one of my minor characters who's going to attend Aspen Valley High) and his family tend to vote Liberal (who, despite the name, are Australia's main monservative party), so should he might get along quite well with Cameron should the two meet. There are probably more and better examples but I'm trying to rush through this so I can get try to some sleep (damn insomnia).
Last edited by Elejamie on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Apror wrote:Andrew isn't as pro Trump as he is Pro Republican, and mostly supports Trump because he'd never get behind the Democrats, or anyone else. He doesn't agree with everything Trump does, but the same thing can't be said about Democrats, and when he disagrees with Democrats, unlike Trump, they're simply things he refuses to defend. Andrew would have preferred someone else, but is behind Trump because that's what he has been given. Also, I highly doubt Andrew will get into a fight. He's been in this kind of situations before, and if he knows it will aggravate somebody, won't push it. At least around said person.

So he is. Sorry about that, I've gone back and corrected that bit. And probably messed it up again.

But yeah, again, I can see what you mean. And actually understand why he'd rather support Trump than vote Democrat. Besides, there might be a few people at the school who'd feel the same way. I don't know, it might be worth asking.

Apror wrote:I also stated that He is not the kind of person to push his beliefs, and believes everyone is entitled to their view. He is however into respectful debate. He also kind of looks down on people who fight for those kind of reasons, and views them as petty. It's not his kind of reasoning to fight.

Makes sense. Besides, I didn't read it clearly, so sorry about that.

Also, I'd like to mention that Logan made some comments about Tyler, the quarterback for the AVHS football team, so I could argue that he's a little bit opinionated (which could explain why North Daecon said "Maybe it ends up in a brawl?", seeing as that might be what happens if the whole argument between the two goes a bit overboard). I don't know, might be worth asking ND about it.

Apror wrote:Love how I'm not already in quite yet, but people already threatening to fight me because of political beliefs. This is like.......real life.

Sorry about that. :oops:

Fortunately, should Cameron end up joining the school, it won't be all bad for him. He might end up making some new friends, so should something happen he'll have someone to back him up when he needs help. As for my guys? Peter probably would ask him why Cameron supports Trump but generally wouldn't care all that much (seeing as, again, he doesn't really care all that much about politics) and would treat him like he would anyone else. And Erin would probably have a theological and/or political discussion with him (the sort where they'd probably come away respecting and learning a bit more about each others beliefs), probably over a slice of pizza; it probably helps that the rest of her family tend to vote National, who are the main conservative party in NZ. And, finally, Kennedy (who is one of my minor characters who's going to attend Aspen Valley High) and his family tend to vote Liberal (who, despite the name, are Australia's main monservative party), so should he might get along quite well with Cameron should the two meet. There are probably more and better examples but I'm trying to rush through this so I can get try to some sleep (damn insomnia).

Nice, I'm looking forward to the conversations, and possible interactions. Which tends to be involved in High School, though I'd never fight someone. Neither would Andrew.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I was framing it in the sense of In Character postings, not outside.

Also, Julie (the Quebec girl) tends to be on the straight and narrow when it comes to church doctrine, so if he starts going off about how the trinity doesnt exist, expect a rant entirely in French and/or a slap.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 am

North Daecon wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that. I was framing it in the sense of In Character postings, not outside.

Also, Julie (the Quebec girl) tends to be on the straight and narrow when it comes to church doctrine, so if he starts going off about how the trinity doesnt exist, expect a rant entirely in French and/or a slap.

Again, he doesn't do that kind of stuff, and as far as those kinds of controversial beliefs, he just plainly keeps those secret. He doesn't push his beliefs, especially in that kind of way.

Edit: Damn, that's two reasons might get decked, and he won't deck a Girl back, that's for sure. Poor Andrew, who knows if he'll ever be able to truly be at peace.

Punched: For political beliefs usually kept private.
Slapped: For Religious beliefs always kept secret.
Last edited by Apror on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 am

Apror wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. I was framing it in the sense of In Character postings, not outside.

Again, he doesn't do that kind of stuff, and as far as those kinds of controversial beliefs, he just plainly keeps those secret. He doesn't push his beliefs, especially in that kind of way.

Edit: Damn, that's two reasons might get decked, and he won't deck a Girl back, that's for sure. Poor Andrew, who knows if he'll ever be able to truly be at peace.

She practices Roman Catholicism, so saying that the Trinity doesn't exist is like basically telling a British person the Queen doesn't exist. It doesn't really end well, either.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 am

North Daecon wrote:
Apror wrote:Again, he doesn't do that kind of stuff, and as far as those kinds of controversial beliefs, he just plainly keeps those secret. He doesn't push his beliefs, especially in that kind of way.

She practices Roman Catholicism, so saying that the Trinity doesn't exist is like basically telling a British person the Queen doesn't exist. It doesn't really end well, either.

Well that's something he would have the common sense not to say, especially showing how Catholic she is. Of course I doubt a British person would outright slap someone, though they may rant.

Edit: Isn't the Trinity in lots of Christian denominations. If so, he would recognized that. Besides, I've told Catholics that kind of thing. Catholic Catholics, and they were befuddled usually, and usually not believing, though they never slapped me. Or ranted. God what have I done. This will be fun.

I'd also say he has a fundamental understanding of Catholicism due to his interest in history, and various Catholic friends.
Last edited by Apror on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Apror wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. I was framing it in the sense of In Character postings, not outside.

Fortunately, not everyone will treat him like that. As I've said, he might make some new friends, even if they don't agree with him politically or share the same religious beliefs (and, even if they find out, they probably won't care that much). Besides, I'm sure that, just as long as he explains his reasoning to Julie and Logan, things might not go so badly. And, if they do, then there's probably someone who'll stick up for him.

Either way, ND, let's make the new guy feel welcome, not scare him! I'll let Corri know that we've got a new guy who needs a room; once he's read it and is OK with it, post away.

Apror wrote:Well that's something he would have the common sense not to say, especially showing how Catholic she is. Of course I doubt a British person would outright slap someone, though they may rant.

Edit: Isn't the Trinity in lots of Christian denominations. If so, he would recognized that. Besides, I've told Catholics that kind of thing. Catholic Catholics, and they were befuddled usually, and usually not believing, though they never slapped me. Or ranted. God what have I done. This will be fun.

I'd also say he has a fundamental understanding of Catholicism due to his interest in history, and various Catholic friends.

To answer your question: Yes. However, there are a few denominations that don't believe in the Holy Trinity; Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-Day Adventists and Unitarians being the four I can name off the top of my head.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Apror wrote:Again, he doesn't do that kind of stuff, and as far as those kinds of controversial beliefs, he just plainly keeps those secret. He doesn't push his beliefs, especially in that kind of way.

Fortunately, not everyone will treat him like that. As I've said, he might make some new friends, even if they don't agree with him politically or share the same religious beliefs (and, even if they find out, they probably won't care that much). Besides, I'm sure that, just as long as he explains his reasoning to Julie and Logan, things might not go so badly. And, if they do, then there's probably someone who'll stick up for him.

Either way, ND, let's make the new guy feel welcome, not scare him! I'll let Corri know that we've got a new guy who needs a room; once he's read it and is OK with it, post away.

Apror wrote:Well that's something he would have the common sense not to say, especially showing how Catholic she is. Of course I doubt a British person would outright slap someone, though they may rant.

To answer your question: Yes. However, there are a few denominations that don't believe in the Holy Trinity; Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-Day Adventists and Unitarians being the four I can name off the top of my head.

I'm in one of those, but I won't specify! Lol! Also, I feel the scaring part is very effective.

Edit: I've two questions. A. What do I do with all the shit that's already happened? Just show I came late. Also, how far along in time is the RP.
Last edited by Apror on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Apror wrote:Edit: I've two questions. A. What do I do with all the shit that's already happened? Just show I came late. Also, how far along in time is the RP.

1. It depends on when Cameron arrived and all that; since you said you could picture him attending the dance, there's nothing stopping you from saying that that he could've attended it but didn't do anything major. Also, since you've said he's not going to the party (which is fair seeing as it's currently being closed down by the police), he might get to know his roommate if he has one. Or he could wander the halls and try and find someone to talk to; there might be one or two people out and about. Besides, Logan's walking home from the party and Julie's probably asleep, so you don't have to worry about any interactions with them yet. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question, by the way.
  2. ICly, we're on the evening of September 10th, 2016, so still near the beginning. In fact, we would be further along (maybe at least November) if it weren't for the constant delays.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 am

Elejamie wrote:
Apror wrote:Edit: I've two questions. A. What do I do with all the shit that's already happened? Just show I came late. Also, how far along in time is the RP.

1. It depends on when Cameron arrived and all that; since you said you could picture him attending the dance, there's nothing stopping you from saying that that he could've attended it but didn't do anything major. Also, since you've said he's not going to the party (which is fair seeing as it's currently being closed down by the police), he might get to know his roommate if he has one. Or he could wander the halls and try and find someone to talk to; there might be one or two people out and about. Besides, Logan's walking home from the party and Julie's probably asleep, so you don't have to worry about any interactions with them yet. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question, by the way.
  2. ICly, we're on the evening of September 10th, 2016, so still near the beginning. In fact, we would be further along (maybe at least November) if it weren't for the constant delays.

I see. Well, ya, I may not want to go to the House party. I mean, ya never know, but probably not. I may just talk to my roommate. However the Dance of Walking around doesn't sound bad.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Apror wrote:I see. Well, ya, I may not want to go to the House party. I mean, ya never know, but probably not. I may just talk to my roommate. However the Dance of Walking around doesn't sound bad.

Again, don't worry about it. After all, not everyone attended the house party. And I'm not talking about the people who stayed in their dorms all evening. Peter went to the ice rink with Miyuki to do some skating; when that had to be cut short due to some unpleasantries, they eventually went back to her place and, after he confessed his love and the two began a relationship, decided to watch an Iron Chef episode and part of a hockey game. Christian went out into Aspen and got himself a hot chocolate (whilst checking out the school on the internet) before going back home and playing some games. In fact, he passed by the party and had a quick look at what everyone was doing but didn't really bother staying, as he knew what happens at those sort of parties. Erin would've gone but a) she arrived on a Friday and got everything sorted out on the Saturday and b) she slept through the dance, which means she doesn't know where it was being held, so she decided to stay at the school and talk to one of her fellow students. And Joseph [Knight] and Alex spent most of their time at the arcade before deciding to check out the party, although I'm not sure if they got caught up in the whole police raid thing.

But yeah, hopefully there's someone at the school that Cameron can talk to. I mean, Erin's still outside if he wants to join in, especially since Theyra (the person playing Conner, the guy she was talking to) has probably lost interest, but hopefully there should be someone else out there if you're not interested. Or, failing that, hopefully Corrian reads your app and gives you a roommate so you've got someone your guy can talk to.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Apror wrote:I see. Well, ya, I may not want to go to the House party. I mean, ya never know, but probably not. I may just talk to my roommate. However the Dance of Walking around doesn't sound bad.

Again, don't worry about it. After all, not everyone attended the house party. And I'm not talking about the people who stayed in their dorms all evening. Peter went to the ice rink with Miyuki to do some skating; when that had to be cut short due to some unpleasantries, they eventually went back to her place and, after he confessed his love and the two began a relationship, decided to watch an Iron Chef episode and part of a hockey game. Christian went out into Aspen and got himself a hot chocolate (whilst checking out the school on the internet) before going back home and playing some games. In fact, he passed by the party and had a quick look at what everyone was doing but didn't really bother staying, as he knew what happens at those sort of parties. Erin would've gone but a) she arrived on a Friday and got everything sorted out on the Saturday and b) she slept through the dance, which means she doesn't know where it was being held, so she decided to stay at the school and talk to one of her fellow students. And Joseph [Knight] and Alex spent most of their time at the arcade before deciding to check out the party, although I'm not sure if they got caught up in the whole police raid thing.

But yeah, hopefully there's someone at the school that Cameron can talk to. I mean, Erin's still outside if he wants to join in, especially since Theyra (the person playing Conner, the guy she was talking to) has probably lost interest, but hopefully there should be someone else out there if you're not interested. Or, failing that, hopefully Corrian reads your app and gives you a roommate so you've got someone your guy can talk to.

That all sounds pretty good. I'll though probably say he arrived to the school late, and came from horse riding in the area, and practicing a little at the Gun range. After that, goes to his assigned room, or to talk to someone. I just want to talk to someone honestly, though it would be a conversation of interesting proportions.
Last edited by Apror on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Ugh, crappy sleep the last few days. Reading through stuff now.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Corrian wrote:Ugh, crappy sleep the last few days. Reading through stuff now.

Thank you.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I know how you feel. In fact, once I've gotten this post up and done I'm going to see if I can get some sleep, especially since I have to be up early tomorrow.

Also, sorry if I bothered you.

Apror wrote:That all sounds pretty good. I'll though probably say he arrived to the school late, and came from horse riding in the area, and practicing a little at the Gun range. After that, goes to his assigned room, or to talk to someone. I just want to talk to someone honestly, though it would be a conversation of interesting proportions.

Sounds good, although according to Google Maps the nearest range would be in Basalt, which is about 17-18 miles (27-30km) north of Aspen. There's probably more stuff I would point out but I can't think of any. Not to mention I should really get some sleep.

But either way, here's hoping that you'll find someone for your guy to talk to.

Also, here's a handy tip if your guy does get accepted: Kyraina, one of the co-OPs, has spent time in Aspen so if you're writing a post and you're not sure about anything, just shoot him a TG and he should help you out.

P.S. I'll be doing a Winter Olympics thing over in NS Sports, so if this thing does pick back up it might take me a while to do stuff. Not to mention that the Six Nations is back on this weekend (England vs Italy, although to be fair Italy's not a very good team so this is going to be an easy 4+ points) so I'm going to be a bit busy on Sunday.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Elejamie wrote:

I know how you feel. In fact, once I've gotten this post up and done I'm going to see if I can get some sleep, especially since I have to be up early tomorrow.

Also, sorry if I bothered you.

Apror wrote:That all sounds pretty good. I'll though probably say he arrived to the school late, and came from horse riding in the area, and practicing a little at the Gun range. After that, goes to his assigned room, or to talk to someone. I just want to talk to someone honestly, though it would be a conversation of interesting proportions.

Sounds good, although according to Google Maps the nearest range would be in Basalt, which is about 17-18 miles (27-30km) north of Aspen. There's probably more stuff I would point out but I can't think of any. Not to mention I should really get some sleep.

But either way, here's hoping that you'll find someone for your guy to talk to.

Also, here's a handy tip if your guy does get accepted: Kyraina, one of the co-OPs, has spent time in Aspen so if you're writing a post and you're not sure about anything, just shoot him a TG and he should help you out.

P.S. I'll be doing a Winter Olympics thing over in NS Sports, so if this thing does pick back up it might take me a while to do stuff. Not to mention that the Six Nations is back on this weekend (England vs Italy, although to be fair Italy's not a very good team so this is going to be an easy 4+ points) so I'm going to be a bit busy on Sunday.

I see, I'll hit them up, and the miles are nothing to him!
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

My god, you all typed a lot.

By the way, app looks good. He seems interesting and unique. I could honestly see him and Rachel Foxx getting along to some degree. They might not agree on everything, but who does? If you're only in your agreement with each other all the time, that's no fun. Of course, I have others that will likely be the type to drive people up the wall. Though to be honest, one likely drives everyone up the wall, no matter who they are, at least once.
My Last.FM and RYM

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Corrian wrote:My god, you all typed a lot.

By the way, app looks good. He seems interesting and unique. I could honestly see him and Rachel Foxx getting along to some degree. They might not agree on everything, but who does? If you're only in your agreement with each other all the time, that's no fun. Of course, I have others that will likely be the type to drive people up the wall. Though to be honest, one likely drives everyone up the wall, no matter who they are, at least once.

Thankes. I try, and I'll be happy to interact with the characters.

Edit: My coming may have had something to do with that, and I'm talkative in general.
Last edited by Apror on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Also, any dorm preference?
My Last.FM and RYM

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Corrian wrote:Also, any dorm preference?

I'll check the dorms.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 pm