NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Broken Line (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SaintB » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 am

"I'd order for time to stop, but that's out of Haruna's price range I think, or really anyone's." he commented with a shrug.

"How about we share a cab ride back to base? I don't speak enough Sieanese to give directions and you could be a big help in that department. I can pay the tab."

Garret's stomach burbled again and he unconsciously rubbed it. Too much crab... but it was worth it to get to know Yuria and begin this new... whatever it was they had started.
Last edited by SaintB on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:07 am

1st. Lt Jax "Ranger" Bradford
Beiarusia wrote:......

"I'm sorry to hear that, and that's good to here about the Squadron commander and flight leads. I haven't seen a VooDoo fly at all. They were All Retired by the time I was 10, and the final ones used by the National Guard was retired in 82, when I was in my second year of Combat Air Traffic Control Training. Any way, I'll make sure to bring you back plenty of work, I don't want to make your job to easy. Well, Don't let those plane engines drop on ya, we will see you around." Jax said with a smile as he patted Zeeger on the back.

Jax walked intothe hanger and saw a Young North Pionter.

"Hey man, Are you Lt. Joseph Bridden?"

[b]2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden and 1st Lt Jax "Ranger" Bradford

Joseph heard a voice say his name, and he looked around for the voice and saw a guy in a Beret, glasses, with a duffel bag on his back, and a backpack in his hand, and a young man beside him.

"Yes, I am. You are?"

"I'm Jax Bradford, call sign Ranger. I'm suppose to be crewed with you till the other guy your crewed with is healed."

"Oh, Well Nice to meet you, My callsign is Bull by the way. You will have to tell me how you got the callsign Ranger. I assume you was Infantry before you was a pilot, because of the Beret?"

"Actually Special Operations, but I don't really want to talk about that. Any way, this is the Thud I will be helping you keep in the Air?"

"This is her. She's one hell of a plane. Any way I'll show you to your room then, well after we sat and talk for a bit."
Joseph said as he walked away and pulled up three chairs.

Joseph and Jax both took a seat, and Jax pionted for Sokolov to take a seat and Joseph said to Sokolov, "Who are you kid?"
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:34 am

Yuria gave a laugh at Garret's comment, nodding her agreement to share the cab back to Murai. She was glad, and her directions soon got them back to the air base. Some small talk occurred on the way back, nothing substantial really, for Yuria felt that they had covered quite a little during the dinner. Still, Haruna was due a ear pulling or so for pranking both Garret and her, although it was something Yuria enjoyed.

Outside the buildings, where the male and female barracks were separated, Yuria suddenly reached out to take Garret's hand. She was blushing furiously, her slightly pale complexion burning red as she stammered out her next words, her nervousness reaching a peak.

"Garret... perhaps for next time... a kiss?"
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:05 am

Relikai wrote:Yuria gave a laugh at Garret's comment, nodding her agreement to share the cab back to Murai. She was glad, and her directions soon got them back to the air base. Some small talk occurred on the way back, nothing substantial really, for Yuria felt that they had covered quite a little during the dinner. Still, Haruna was due a ear pulling or so for pranking both Garret and her, although it was something Yuria enjoyed.

Outside the buildings, where the male and female barracks were separated, Yuria suddenly reached out to take Garret's hand. She was blushing furiously, her slightly pale complexion burning red as she stammered out her next words, her nervousness reaching a peak.

"Garret... perhaps for next time... a kiss?"

A kiss?

"Well I..."

Garret leaned in for the climax to the best night he'd had in more than a decade when the crab chose that moment to stop firing warning shots and took control of his stomach. A wave of pressure flowed from his stomach and was soon replaced by almost agonizing pain that rolled out in waves from his stomach all the way through his intestines and forced an audible grunt of surprise and pain from the man. "I'm sorry Yuria but... I need to go!"

He practically limped away before the pressure and pain he felt lifted enough for him to move a faster pace, a window he knew wouldn't last long. He jogged toward where he was quartered and called over his shoulder, "I'm so sorry Yuria."

His face burned a dark red as he rushed away and hoped she didn't try to follow. What was going to happen next would be... unpleasant...
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Kyraina wrote:1st. Lt Jax "Ranger" Bradford
Beiarusia wrote:......

"I'm sorry to hear that, and that's good to here about the Squadron commander and flight leads. I haven't seen a VooDoo fly at all. They were All Retired by the time I was 10, and the final ones used by the National Guard was retired in 82, when I was in my second year of Combat Air Traffic Control Training. Any way, I'll make sure to bring you back plenty of work, I don't want to make your job to easy. Well, Don't let those plane engines drop on ya, we will see you around." Jax said with a smile as he patted Zeeger on the back.

Jax walked intothe hanger and saw a Young North Pionter.

"Hey man, Are you Lt. Joseph Bridden?"

[b]2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden and 1st Lt Jax "Ranger" Bradford

Joseph heard a voice say his name, and he looked around for the voice and saw a guy in a Beret, glasses, with a duffel bag on his back, and a backpack in his hand, and a young man beside him.

"Yes, I am. You are?"

"I'm Jax Bradford, call sign Ranger. I'm suppose to be crewed with you till the other guy your crewed with is healed."

"Oh, Well Nice to meet you, My callsign is Bull by the way. You will have to tell me how you got the callsign Ranger. I assume you was Infantry before you was a pilot, because of the Beret?"

"Actually Special Operations, but I don't really want to talk about that. Any way, this is the Thud I will be helping you keep in the Air?"

"This is her. She's one hell of a plane. Any way I'll show you to your room then, well after we sat and talk for a bit."
Joseph said as he walked away and pulled up three chairs.

Joseph and Jax both took a seat, and Jax pionted for Sokolov to take a seat and Joseph said to Sokolov, "Who are you kid?"

Anatoly considered a second whether or not to respond, but he realized he was of importance to Jax. Anatoly said,"I'm Second Lieutenant Anatoly Sokolov. I'm a friend of Jax. And you would be?" He neglected to go as far as to call him sir.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 pm

1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford, and 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden
Albertae wrote:.......

"Kid, did you not pay attention to the conversation? My name as already been mentioned, but ill say it again. II'm 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden. I'll be Jax's crewmate for a bit. You need to relax kid. With that attitude your not going to make any friends." Joseph said to Anatoly. Jax just smiled in a I told you so kind of way.

"Any way, Where you two Jokers from? II'. From North Piont." Joseph said again.

"Osea." Jax replied. Both men then looked at Anatoly.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Operation: Skeleton

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Capt. Aleksei Tallow “Null”
19:58 September 29, 1992 // Murai Air Force Base, Heian, Seian

All seats were taken as the briefing room was packed to near overflowing. Null was spared the challenge of having to find a place as he and several other squadron leaders, including Captain Arata (Tenko) and Captain Inuoe (Mononoke), were delegated towards the front and closest to the SAF brass and commanders. Major Cocoran stood facing them all with the same perpetual dour look on his face. Colonel Kwan stood to the man’s right with a similarly severe expression. Beside him was the base commander of Murai Air Force Base, Colonel Yi, and standing front and center was General Cheon and top SAF personnel. The lights were dimmed and a projection was displayed against the far wall showing the immediate area surrounding the capital of Heian. Several areas were marked in red, chiefly Highway 4 and the town of Gozen.

Four days had passed since the fall of Ansan. The enemy had been poised to press its assault against the capital, and likely would have faired well had they done so, but following the aerial battle over the Songnisan Highlands, and the subsequent investigation into the source of the faulty intel, the Beiarusian army had been delayed in its march. The Seianese military had utilized this precious time to prepare itself for the inevitable confrontation, and this briefing could only mean that the enemy was again on the move.

General Cheon need not call out for silence. The room was already deathly still as the pilots, mercs, and whoever had squeezed their way inside were too apprehensive to so much as talk amongst themselves. The older man’s voice was tired as he spoke to them all, but despite the defeat at Ansan there was still a fire that continued to burn inside of him. “Gentlemen,” General Cheon began. “As you all know the enemy has been emboldened with their victory, and now they seek to end this war with a final blow. Ansan was the heart of the Seianese people, but Heian is the spirit, and even now that spirit remains strong and unwavering. This is no longer a war to defend our borders. This is a war to defend our spirit and the spirit of our ancestors before us! The enemy has shown themselves to be capable, but not even they can defeat our will, for so long as we breath we will fight for Seian. We will fight for our people.

“But the fight will not be an easy one. Our victory at Chuzhou cannot be repeated in the same manner as the enemy will no doubt expect us to move against them, and though a direct confrontation will be costly we have no choice if we wish to keep the fighting away from the capital. However, we will fight on our terms. The enemy is moving west along Highway Four and will pass through Gozen by afternoon tomorrow. Scouts have also reported an enemy detachment flanking from the south. The main bulk of our force will meet the enemy directly” – Colonel Yi used a pointing stick and the map projection to indicate the area just east of Gozen along the highway – “while smaller units engage to the south. Artillery will play a crucial role in our defense of the highway, but the dense wood in the south will keep us from mounting an effective ranged assault, and thus army command has opted for small, light units to outmaneuver the enemy. The air force will fight to establish air superiority while attempting to limit any danger posed by enemy air power. Assist the ground forces if you are able but your primary objective is to neutralize any and all threats from above. Expect enemy fighters and bombers, though how many and what type I cannot say with certainty.

“This is a battle that we cannot afford to lose. Do not needlessly sacrifice yourselves but fight to the best that you can. If we lose at Gozen then the next battle will take place in the capital itself, and that we cannot allow. You all have served us well. Our defeat at Ansan will not define us. We must show the enemy that this war is far from over.”

12:30 September 30, 1992 // Murai Air Force Base, Heian, Seian

The entire base was alive with activity as plane after plane taxiied for takeoff. One could almost feel the electricity in the air. The enemy would be arriving in Gozen soon enough, some two-hundred kilometers east, which was practically a stone’s throw away from the capital. Should they break through the capital would undoubtedly suffer the same fate as Ansan. It was up to the brave pilots of the SAF and Morena to see to it that that didn’t happen. Not again.

Null was making the final checks of his Voodoo. The mechanics had done well in preparing the aircraft and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He was going up with the customary four AIM-4 Falcons and, instead of Angel, had Zeeger taking the number two seat as WSO. The mechanic was a former pilot during Sotoa so knew what he was doing. As for Angel, she had been granted the use of a spare F-5 Tiger II that was pulled from storage. The SAF had several such aircraft – such as Null’s F-101 – and had spent the last few days making as many as possible flight capable. Any spare pilots were being organized into a reserve squadron in case too many aircraft were lost during the mission. Not the most supportive of thoughts but it had to be done.

“Glad to be back in the seat?” Null asked Zeeger as he spooled the Voodoo’s engines.

Zeeger gave a less than ecstatic chuckle. “Last time I was in one of these things I got my ass handed to me. Let’s try not to have a repeat of that if we can help it.”

Morena was the last squadron to go airborne. A loose diamond formation of four flights with Scarecrow in the lead. All around them the sky was filled with aircraft. Even more than had been over Ansan during its fall. The SAF was putting as many pilots as they could on the frontlines. Fighters. Attack planes. Even a few bombers were taking part, though trailing well enough behind until the airspace over Gozen could be sanitized to some degree. For Null it was the largest mission he’d taken part in since the Dorusian conquest of Manbasa.

<< Angel: Hey Null, think you can handle yourself with Zeeger behind you? >>

<< Null: I think I’ll manage. >>

<< Angel: Well, I’ll make sure to watch your six o’clock extra closely just in case. You know, if Zeeger blacks out or something. >>

“I can hear everything. She knows that, right?” Zeeger groaned from his seat.

It wasn’t long before the at ease conversation died down entirely as the tension grew with every mile that they came closer to Gozen. Except for the gentle thrum of the engines the air may as well have been silent that day. No doubt every pilot was coming to terms with what was about to happen. Failure was not an option, and some likely understood that they wouldn’t be coming home. That in of itself was a hard thought to accept.

<< Kokkuri: We will be crossing into operation airspace in ten minutes. One we have done so all allied aircraft are to establish air superiority. Enemy attack planes take priority. This is it. No way to go but forward. >>

“Or down,” Zeeger added with some grim humor.

Though Null knew that he was right.

Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Lt. Jason 'Tombstone' Cain
2nd Lt. Holly 'Fantasy' Clark

Jason thought that the briefing would've been better if someone turned the AC on. Holly thought... well, whatever she thought while she was in her own little world. Jason's first clue was the fact her eyes looked damn near soulless, the second was the fact she was staring at the wall General Cheon had been standing in front of a few moments ago. As the breifing came to a close, Jason slapped her arm with the back of his hand, she jumped a bit. Tombstone began to stand, "C'mon, we gotta get to the plane we're flying today."

Holly stood as well, looking a bit dazed, "Sorry." As the two began to shuffle from the room, Holly's curiosity got the best of her. "What're we flying by the way?"

"A piece of shit would be a better description." Tombstone shook his head, he'd been told that they'd be flying in a Phantom. What they didn't tell him was that it was a terrible shade of brown which made it hard to discern between paint and rust.

Holly sighed, "Literally a piece of shite. At least the canopy's new."

Tombstone began to walk towards the fully geared plane, "Joke of my life."

As Holly caught up to the taller pilot she noticed he paused at the top of the ladder, she climbed her own and began to enter into the rear seat. "What is it?"

Tombstone replied in a deadpan, "Either someone more full of shit than Cocoran exploded in here, or someone got their chest ripped open." He leaned into the brown stained compartment and picked something that was pasty white off the altimeter. It was most likely a skull fragment, "This is a bad fucking omen. I hope it doesn't stain my suit."

Fantasy buckled herself in silently, as did Tombstone, When things started to boot u she spoke, "Well... We always did tell you to find a grave before you went up. I guess you technically found one."

The cockpit was silent as the canopy sealed, Tombstone broke the silence by giving a slight chuckle, "Oh hardy har go fuck yourself." An odd pause came from the man in front, "Shit did you check our loadout?"

Holly nodded, though Tombstone wouldn't be able to see it, "Yeah, four Sidewinders, four Mavericks and a drop tank. I'm assuming cannon ammo too unless the ground crew's been pissed all day."

Tombstone was about to ask about her use of 'pissed'. The angriest he'd seen the ground crew was mild annoyance. And then he promptly remembered that Holly was from North Point's Highlands. "Yeah no. Remember where we are, drinking on the job here is bad, drinking while in the military's probably grounds for... I dunno? Seppuku?"

Fantasy let out a laugh, "That's racist."

Tombstone replied, "It's not racist to recognize culture... even if it's wrong. Besides it's my first time being in this country. Cut me a break."

Before Fantasy could reply, Tombstone began to taxi and request clearance for takeoff. She simply zoned out, confident on Jason's ability to start yelling if things went south.

She barely registered the momentary feeling of weightlessness as they took off and joined the rest of Morena in the air.
Last edited by Anowa on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Kyraina wrote:1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford, and 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden
Albertae wrote:.......

"Kid, did you not pay attention to the conversation? My name as already been mentioned, but ill say it again. II'm 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden. I'll be Jax's crewmate for a bit. You need to relax kid. With that attitude your not going to make any friends." Joseph said to Anatoly. Jax just smiled in a I told you so kind of way.

"Any way, Where you two Jokers from? II'. From North Piont." Joseph said again.

"Osea." Jax replied. Both men then looked at Anatoly.

Anatoly thought for a second not remembering exactly where he was from as he ran away. He said,"I ran away from my village when I was young and I lived in the woods, but I come from a country called Yuktobania. I studied there how to fly military planes and I guess that's why I'm flying a Yak-141."
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Takahashi Mayu

The next few days were spent recuperating, Mayu taking care of Dan as she watched him recover. Dan was able to walk briskly on the third day upon arrival, while Mayu's back was removed of stitches, although a little scarring would remain. They remained close after the kiss, the nurse continuing to monitor his health as well as go about her duties with other patients. There was little time for intimacy, perhaps the occasional holding of hands or Mayu catching Dan looking right into her eyes as she helped to move him off the bed for his therapy.

The briefing on the fourth day signaled a mission, a mission which Dan would be flying in. All of Morena was summoned, and Mayu knew the importance of the battle. Even now, Yoshima was in Ansan, taking care of the wounded from both sides in an agreement that the Beiarusians would not forcefully evict the Saienese wounded. He was one of the better doctors who could work twice as hard as the next man, and as much as he could be seen as helping the enemy, his loyalties lay with the Hippocratic Oath, as well as the safety of his own people.

"Dan..." Mayu said before he left for the mission, the nurse shyly passing a small bracelet to him. "For luck."

Second Lieutenants Shimazaki Haruna 'Shinden', Kanzaki Yuria 'Reppu'
Murai Air Base, Heian

The next few days were spent resting in their bunks, Yuria and Haruna going to a chiropractor to try their treatment. They did not suffer much post-ejection pain, but it was still useful to get some treatment. A former test pilot recommended one to them, saying that the practitioner fixed his back after three ejections. Yuria did not mention much about the date to Haruna despite the latter's probing questions, the brat even going as far as to ask whether Yuria visited Garret's bunk for some one-to-one private time, earning a series of tickles from the older pilot.

Yuria did not see Garret much during their break, but whenever they came upon each other, Yuria would turn sightly red, trying to hide a smile while Haruna would elbow her, purposely making Yuria turn and come into eye contact with the man. Their last meeting ended awkwardly, and Yuria was half thinking to check on Garret when she realised how bad it would be if a local pilot catches her outside his bunk. Yuria was still under the employ of the Saienese Air Force, still drawing a salary as a technician, and things might get complicated if she was expelled during the war, and paperwork to Dorusia for a formal entry into Morena might be delayed.

The briefing could not come soon enough, Yuria and Haruna back to their serious modes as they listened to the officers. Haruna chose to sandwich Yuria between her and Garret, much to Yuria's embarrassment, but they were serious as the information was processed, mental markings with Yuria taking note of the plane's loadout and capabilities with all that weight, and Haruna taking the Tornado for a spin or two to get her body used to it.

Yuria had removed her bandages, her shoulder working properly, and as the meeting ended, she turned to the side - Garret's side, and gave him a smile.

"We'll be counting on you sir." Yuria said as she gave a slight nod. "Also, I'm looking forward to the next time we meet..." A wink and a slight wave, and Yuria turned, her long hair waving slightly as she sprang after Haruna, or attempted to, for the little pilot has disappeared beyond the corner. What she saw stunned her though, as she was with someone, someone familiar.

"...I guess it would only be fair..." Hiro said as he nodded, Haruna standing casually with her back to the wall, smiling at the man, no longer exuding that aura of nervousness which she often had. They were at a secluded corner of the base, most people were still in the building, where they might be able to find a bit of privacy.

"It's going to be tough." Haruna replied. They were conversing in Saienese, a language comfortable for the two of them, and in a dialect which most would associate with romantic speech between two partners. "I'm not an easy one to catch."

"I love girls who play hard to get, not that I was successful in the past." The young man replied with a laugh. His eyes were sparkling, almost as if he was chatting with someone he desired to be close with. "I love challenges, something harder than hitting a ship with a bomb or chasing a plane in my little fighter."

"That, we shall see... argh, seems like it's time... Take care up there will you?"

"Yes, and also, Haruna-san?"

Haruna had turned to leave, her face red as she smiled at her attempt to get closer with people, with males, and was proud of her little achievement, a small conversation with Sting. she was totally unsuspecting, sure that Hiro would simply nod and move to join his squadron, but that's when Hiro made his move. the aggressive young man who enjoyed tackling the hardest of assignments, one of the rising stars of Tenko and a possible poster boy for the war effort.

The man from Tenko planted a hand on the wall next to Haruna's head, the manga-reading girl unsure at first, but suddenly understanding what she was caught up in as her eyes widened. Hiro was taller, but that did not stop him from leaning forward, eyes locked onto Haruna's as he closed in, taking advantage of her confusion to give her a small peck on her lips. Yuria's eyes widened as much as Haruna's as Hiro retreated, giving Haruna a sheepish smile as he laughed at his own boldness.

"Suki desu..."

Haruna's face was unsure, a hand moving to her lips as she considered what just happened. However, Hiro gave her a little help, parting her bangs a little as he slowly grabbed her hand, shifting it as Hiro leaned in for another, deeper kiss, this time Haruna reciprocating it.

"Suki... Desu..." Hiro whispered once more, before turning, leaving for his squadron. Haruna was in shock, her heart beating at such a pace that she felt it might burst any moment. She looked at her hand, the one taken by Hiro, as well as her lips... She could remember the moment, her first kiss, when Hiro leaned in, his charming eyes locking onto hers like a seeker chasing the tailpipe of a plane...

"Haruna!"

Haruna snapped out of her thoughts, nearly jumping in shock, when she realised that it was Yuria.

"It's time." The older pilot said, her face a mask of grim determination. Nodding, Haruna picked herself from the wall, joining Yuria as the two headed for their plane, the Tornado sitting by the tarmac, its weapons hanging menacingly from the pylons.

Shinden: << Shinden to Tower, Scarecrow One-Three on the Tornado, requesting permission for takeoff. >>

Tower: << Tower to Scarecrow One-Three, runway is clear, may fair winds be with you. >>

Shinden exhaled as she gripped the handle of her engines lever, calming herself before pushing it forward, the Tornado rocking a little as it accelerated, picking up speed as it roared down the runway. The two Saienese females flew on with grim determination, Reppu checking her weapons once again as they joined the Scarecrow formation, the Tornado's majestic frame hanging off Angel as it flew with wings fully extended.

They will fight, and they will win. Defeat was not an option. Too many had given their lives for this stand, and Shinden was determined not to fall without a fight. The heavy load of the Tornado, eight bombs locked under the fuselage with six Sidewinders and four ALARMs fixed under the wings, they were going full attack configuration, and the pair were determined to take down more than they were worth. Shinden, to prove her worth to Morena squadron, Reppu, to honour the memory of her fallen comrades.

Alright...

The silence of their surroundings seemed to cut the war away from them, Shinden listening to radio chatter as she focused on her radars. Reppu did several scans, readjusting the ALARMs and their modes. It was their biggest battle, or perhaps, their country's biggest battle. Today, they flew and fought not just for Morena and their paycheck, but for the glory and honour of the Empire of Saien. To their right, Shinden could make out the outline of Tenko and their J-7s, knowing that Sting was in one of them. Reppu turned to the left, seeing the Tigershark leading Hangman flight. A sad smile appeared on her face, before she turned back forward and closed her eyes, Shinden doing the same.

As if on cue, the eyes of the two flashed open, a new look present in their expression, as if a completely new spirit has taken over.

Let's do this...

Weapons -

180x 27mm Cannon Rounds
6x Sidewinders
4x ALARMs
4x BL755 Cluster Bombs
Last edited by Relikai on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 am

Waiting for clearance to taxi out onto the runway and take off during a big operation like the one that was coming up gave a pilot a lot of time to think sometimes. This time was one of them. With the canopy down and his helmet on the sound of the engines keeping warm was a low hum in Shark's ears and provided the perfect accompaniment to wandering thoughts. His thoughts were focused on how stupid he must have looked a few days ago when he ran off before kissing Yuria.

Not like it was his fault... entirely his fault anyway... shellfish like crab and lobster had never agreed with the pilot's stomach but he had eaten some anyway, but it was ordered for him and he didn't want to be rude (besides crab tasted great). The stomach pains though had been bad timing and it made him wonder for the next couple of days if he had blown a chance at another future date (on purpose). Every time she saw him she blushed and turned away as if she were embarrassed about how he had left her but for a short moment during the briefing she managed to clear that up...

Relikai wrote:"We'll be counting on you sir." Yuria said as she gave a slight nod. "Also, I'm looking forward to the next time we meet..." A wink and a slight wave, and Yuria turned, her long hair waving slightly as she sprang after Haruna, or attempted to, for the little pilot has disappeared beyond the corner.

So now all they needed to do was survive today's sortie and perhaps the war would allow them a second date. That was something to look forward to other than a paycheck which he already had plans on spending. He looked at his flight watch, he'd been idle now for 10 minutes, his engines were at low power but still burning through fuel better spent in the air where his Tigershark was useful so he called flight control,
<<Control this is Major Jones, Hangman 1 of Morena, I'm burning through fuel here waiting in line, what seems to be the holdup? Over.>>

<<Control to Hangman 1. We have a lot of aircraft and only so many runways. Sorry for the wait but we are getting you up as fast as we can. Over.>>

The voice was heavily accented but he could understand what the message was, he was getting pretty good at understanding their speech patterns.

<<Roger Control. Just making sure that you didn't forget little ol' me. I'd like to earn that half mill Dorusia is paying me to participate in this operation. Over.>>

<<Control here for Hangman 1 you are clear to taxi to runway two where you will take off at the first opportunity. How copy? Over.>>

<<Hangman 1 here, my copy is clear. I'm cleared for taxi to runway two and takeoff is at my discretion. Over.>>

<<Hangman 1... your response is unclear. I do not understand the word descletion. Over.

He had to try not to laugh at such a stereotypical mispronunciation of the unfamiliar word and it took him a little longer than what is considered polite to respond, <<I'll take off from runway two as soon as I think it's safe. Over.>>

<<Roger Hangman 1. May fortune favor you today Major Jones. Control over and out.>>

Once clear of the hangar it wasn't long before he found himself in position to prepare for takeoff but he decided to take a few seconds to make sure his wing was organized ASAP. <<This is Hangman 1 to all Hangman callsigns when you are wheels and wings up join me in a flying V at Angels 8, minimum 75 meters between aircraft. Ee will be moving in a holding pattern in a 2 kilometer radius of the airbase counterclockwise starting from vector 360 at 220 knots. How do you copy? Over.>>
Last edited by SaintB on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 am

2nd Lieutenants Vladimir Tula and Hanna Tula
Murai Air Force Base, Heian, Seian

The two siblings looked at each other as the briefing ended, their orders were pretty simple, achieve and maintain air superiority. Although the simplest of objectives like that could be so much more difficult than expected, both Tula siblings knew that. And so the two of them got up in unison and discussed between themselves their plan of attack as they made their way to the hangers.

"Another interception mission it seems." Vladimir casually stated.

"Yeah, looks like it. I don't know how they're doing this though." Hanna replied.

"What do you mean by that?" Vladimir asked, looking towards her for a moment before returning his attention to where he was going.

"I mean how do the Beiarusians have the supplies to keep up this intensity of attack? I get that they've been throwing their reserves at us first, using them to soften up resistance before bringing in their real soldiers, equipment, aircraft, and pilots to mop up whatever's left. ...Or at least I think that's what they're doing, what I'm wondering is how do they still have food, ammunition, and fuel to keep up the attack when they've taken three quarters of Seian in only a week or so? Shouldn't their supply lines be overstretched by now?" Hanna explained.

Vladimir thought on that a moment before saying "Maybe they are overstretched? Maybe the Beiarusians are throwing everything they've got left on the frontlines in the hopes of winning a final and decisive victory before their lack of supplies forces them to lose their momentum and surrender it to the Saienese? Or maybe they've just prepared for this eventuality and kept logistics up at the top of their priorities list? I don't think we'll figure out that answer until this war's over."

As the two Tula siblings finished that tract of conversation, they became aware of an old relic of a jet sharing the same hanger as them, a red F-9 Cougar.

Looking at the emblem of the aircraft Vladimir recognized it as Baha's aircraft, the Sotoan himself approached the two siblings from behind and greeted "Hey Wolf! Bear! What's up?"

The two siblings looked over their shoulders at the man and Vladimir spoke up first "Still flying this old relic eh Baha?"

The man just smiled before replying "Yeah, I haven't been able to score much in the way of bounties lately, been going after ground targets lately with my wingman covering me from any bandits."

"Who's your wingman in Spider?" Hanna asked.

Another voice answered as a woman approached "I am."

Vladimir looked to Hanna and quickly explained "That's Frostbite."

"Oh, what do you fly Frostbite?" Hanna asked politely.

"Saab 37 Viggen, it's a good jet." Frostbite responded before looking over to Baha and saying "Try to keep up this time alright? We can't just wait around and let everyone else get the glory."

With that the woman turned and walked away, Baha just looked to the siblings and stated "Alright, I'll see you two in the air, I got to go prep my baby."

The two Tula siblings merely nodded before continuing to their F-4E Phantom II, minutes later they, and Morena in general were taking off and heading in diamond formation to Gozen, it was time for a decisive battle that would decide the fate of Morena and perhaps Seian as well.

Total Kills:

N/A

Munitions:

1x M61A1 Vulcan Cannon (640 Rounds of HE-I Remaining)
4x AIM-9M Sidewinder
4x AIM-120A AMRAAM
1x AN/ALQ-131 ECM Pod

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:47 am

Relikai wrote:"Dan..." Mayu said before he left for the mission, the nurse shyly passing a small bracelet to him. "For luck."

Second Lieutenant Dan
Murai Airforce Base
Gunny

"Thank you, I'm going to need all the luck I can get." Dan said as he placed the bracelet on his wrist. He took her hands and looked into her eyes before saying his final goodbye. "I'll be back, and I'll win this fight." He said. Someone knocked on the door, and Dan let go of Mayu's hands to open it. He saw that Joker was on the other side, in his gear with a duffle bag slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, I brought your flight suit and stuff." Just let said as he handed Dan the bag.

"Thanks." He said as he took the bag, and went into the small restroom in the hospital room to change. After he changed he went with Joker to the breifing.

The room was packed, and all of the seats were taken, so Dan and Joker stood in the back of the breifing room. The General gave one hell of a speech before breifing the group on what was going to happen. This was a major operation, nothing like Dan or Joker had been in before, the two pilots having gained most of their combat experience in the past few weeks. But this was a turning point in the war, and after this they would run the enemy out of Ansan and win the war. This was going to be some textbook shit.

After the pilots were dismissed, Joker took Dan to where the Viking was and they started getting ready. Dan told the Crew Chief to put two sidewinders, six cluster bombs, and one 500 pounder on the Viking. After getting everything ready, the two pilots were waved down by the crew chief. The enlisted man spoke to them in a deep voice. "Now you two better win this, because I don't want to be out a job, alright?" And then gave a short laugh.

"Don't worry, you'll have the best job security with us in the air." Dan replied and the three gave another laugh before the two pilots boarded their plane.

"And don't get the plane all shot up this time, eh?" The crew chief yelled after them as the canopy was closing. Dan just simply shot a thumbs up to the man before radioing into the ATC.

Gunny: << Control, this is Spider 3, asking permission to taxi onto the runway and take off. Over. >>

Control: << Spider 3, please wait, we've got a lot of planes to move. Over. >>

Gunny: << Copy. >>

After about ten minutes Dan was cleared for take off, so he taxied out and took off as fast as he could without wrecking his plane so the next person in line wouldn't have to wait too long like he did. He joined up with his flight, or whoever in his flight was in the air on the way to Gozen, and just simply waited.

"Where'd you get the bracelet?" A voice broke the silence, belonging to Joker.

"A lady gave it to me." Gunny replied.

"Oh, so you've got a lady friend now, huh? Who might that be?"

"A Sieanese Nurse who saved my life." Gunny said. "It's a story for later."

"Alright." Joker said before checking gauges and monitoring his instruments, Gunny doing the same. The upcoming battle was the only thing on their minds, being the largest engagement either of the two pilots have been in. This was 'the big sortie to end all sorties.'
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford, 1st Lt. Zach "Knight" Steel, 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden

Jax and Joseph spent the previous few days getting to know each other, Jax Familiarized himself with the Thud, Joseph spent time with Zach learning how to be a EWO, and Jax getting to know Zach.

On the Day of the briefing Jax and Joseph both whistled at the scope of everything and listened.

The Next day Ranger was in the Pilot seat, with Bull in the EWO Seat.

"Ready Bull?"

"Yeah man, I'm as ready as I need to be Ranger."

Ranger Smiled at the comment, shook his head, and both ran through the preflight checklist.

After completing preflight, and taking off, Ranger got the Thud in formation and looked around at all the planes. Then Bull opened his big mouth.

Bull: <<To all of Morena, This is Scarecrow 2-2. It has come to my attention that Scarecrow 2-1's, also known as Jax or Ranger, birthday was yesterday. He is now 30. How bout we kick these guys' asses as part of Scarecrow 2-1's Birthday?>>

"Damn it Bull, I'm Gonna Kick Your ass after this."

Mean While Knight managed to get out of the hospital and watched as all of the planes take off and stood there looking at the skies several minutes as the skies cleared, before returning to his hospital room.
Last edited by Kyraina on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:38 pm

SaintB wrote:Waiting for clearance to taxi out onto the runway and take off during a big operation like the one that was coming up gave a pilot a lot of time to think sometimes. This time was one of them. With the canopy down and his helmet on the sound of the engines keeping warm was a low hum in Shark's ears and provided the perfect accompaniment to wandering thoughts. His thoughts were focused on how stupid he must have looked a few days ago when he ran off before kissing Yuria.

Not like it was his fault... entirely his fault anyway... shellfish like crab and lobster had never agreed with the pilot's stomach but he had eaten some anyway, but it was ordered for him and he didn't want to be rude (besides crab tasted great). The stomach pains though had been bad timing and it made him wonder for the next couple of days if he had blown a chance at another future date (on purpose). Every time she saw him she blushed and turned away as if she were embarrassed about how he had left her but for a short moment during the briefing she managed to clear that up...

Relikai wrote:"We'll be counting on you sir." Yuria said as she gave a slight nod. "Also, I'm looking forward to the next time we meet..." A wink and a slight wave, and Yuria turned, her long hair waving slightly as she sprang after Haruna, or attempted to, for the little pilot has disappeared beyond the corner.

So now all they needed to do was survive today's sortie and perhaps the war would allow them a second date. That was something to look forward to other than a paycheck which he already had plans on spending. He looked at his flight watch, he'd been idle now for 10 minutes, his engines were at low power but still burning through fuel better spent in the air where his Tigershark was useful so he called flight control,
<<Control this is Major Jones, Hangman 1 of Morena, I'm burning through fuel here waiting in line, what seems to be the holdup? Over.>>

<<Control to Hangman 1. We have a lot of aircraft and only so many runways. Sorry for the wait but we are getting you up as fast as we can. Over.>>

The voice was heavily accented but he could understand what the message was, he was getting pretty good at understanding their speech patterns.

<<Roger Control. Just making sure that you didn't forget little ol' me. I'd like to earn that half mill Dorusia is paying me to participate in this operation. Over.>>

<<Control here for Hangman 1 you are clear to taxi to runway two where you will take off at the first opportunity. How copy? Over.>>

<<Hangman 1 here, my copy is clear. I'm cleared for taxi to runway two and takeoff is at my discretion. Over.>>

<<Hangman 1... your response is unclear. I do not understand the word descletion. Over.

He had to try not to laugh at such a stereotypical mispronunciation of the unfamiliar word and it took him a little longer than what is considered polite to respond, <<I'll take off from runway two as soon as I think it's safe. Over.>>

<<Roger Hangman 1. May fortune favor you today Major Jones. Control over and out.>>

Once clear of the hangar it wasn't long before he found himself in position to prepare for takeoff but he decided to take a few seconds to make sure his wing was organized ASAP. <<This is Hangman 1 to all Hangman callsigns when you are wheels and wings up join me in a flying V at Angels 8, minimum 75 meters between aircraft. Ee will be moving in a holding pattern in a 2 kilometer radius of the airbase counterclockwise starting from vector 360 at 220 knots. How do you copy? Over.>>

<<This is Hangman 5 to Hangman 1. Copy Affirmative. Over.>> He took off and got into position all the way to the left side of the V-Wing. He then got a radio call from the Scarecrow crew.

Kyraina wrote:1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford, 1st Lt. Zach "Knight" Steel, 2nd Lt. Joseph "Bull" Bridden

Jax and Joseph spent the previous few days getting to know each other, Jax Familiarized himself with the Thud, Joseph spent time with Zach learning how to be a EWO, and Jax getting to know Zach.

On the Day of the briefing Jax and Joseph both whistled at the scope of everything and listened.

The Next day Ranger was in the Pilot seat, with Bull in the EWO Seat.

"Ready Bull?"

"Yeah man, I'm as ready as I need to be Ranger."

Ranger Smiled at the comment, shook his head, and both ran through the preflight checklist.

After completing preflight, and taking off, Ranger got the Thud in formation and looked around at all the planes. Then Bull opened his big mouth.

Bull: <<To all of Morena, This is Scarecrow 2-2. It has come to my attention that Scarecrow 2-1's, also known as Jax or Ranger, birthday was yesterday. He is now 30. How bout we kick these guys' asses as part of Scarecrow 2-1's Birthday?>>

<<This is Hangman 5, Anatoly is going to be kicking a lot of asses. Expect a big birthday present. Over.>>
My Political Compass:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Lieutenant Markus Pearsohn
Callsign 'Praeses'; Hangman 3
The Battle of Gozen; Seian's Last Stand

"Well, looks like he didn't break anything, I guess he wasn't all that bad to your bird old man?" Pearsohn's voice carried across the small hangar space as the Mirage was being wheeled out before them. Near him, the broad-chested, moustached man had his arms crossed over his chest, simply staring at the craft. Pearsohn understood the silence, the odds were pretty much against them from what he'd been able to gather from the briefing and the fact that Markus was going up again, in spite of everything that had happened warranted a form of special cowardice unique perhaps to only a few dozen in the world. Where perhaps most would run from the idea of their deaths for the sake of others, he was willing to do just that so he didn't have to look back on what he'd done.

At least, he would have a week ago. Hell, it's the only reason he flew like a fucking madman half the time much to the anguish and the chagrin of his Crew Chief, but the man could act no more than a Priest to a man's deathbed whenever it came to Praeses. It took but a few moments of consolidated silence before the Crew Chief finally spoke out," Yeah, I guess he wasn't that bad, but you'd be a better fit in that bird. She's got your colors now anyways, and I did a little bit for your kill tallies too. Given what you told me to get ready for, I've got to the entire right side of the aircraft cleared for you. You said they're on their way, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't know how late they got mobilized, so we might not see them for a few more days. Getting across the Pacific takes a while. For all I know, they're still held up with customs crossing into Verusa. They never were really a big fan of 'em anyways. They might have just completely overflown them, but I doubt the Wolf had any tankers ready for them." Pearsohn watched as daylight finally lanced across the tip of his Mirage, the sounds of other aircraft taxiing into position on the runways available and others still spooling up their engines had him smiling. It'd been awhile since he'd been a part of a truly big fight like this. In fact, it was probably closer to five years since he'd done something like this, during the aftermath of the Verusan War. To a mercenary fighter pilot, those days were ancient history though, especially when you had to devote all of your memory to what happened in the past week, month and minute all at the same time.

"Any words of good fortune for me before I mount up?" A small half-smile crossed the Sotoan's face as he looked over his shoulder towards the moustached man standing in the shade of the hangar, the slight glinting of the sun off of the Mirage's cockpit glass sending sparkling light back and across the area. The man remained motionless, still staring emptily at the Mirage for a few minutes before he slowly turned to face Pearsohn and smiled at him.

"Don't get shot down I s'pose. I don't know what you want, but you better bring this bird back to me in one piece or I'll take whatever they find of your body and throw it in the nearest body of water as revenge." Pearsohn cringed at the threat, it was a known thing that he hated the beach, but for those who nothing about him, that extended to include any place where the land bordered the water. He, in fact, was incapable of swimming and had only ever learned how to flail in just the right way when in water to remain 'afloat'. That the crew chief was willing to expose this fatal flaw in Pearsohn's own psyche as an active threat for even his remains was a suitable enough well-wishing for the old pilot. They'd been through years of combat together and today wouldn't be the day they parted never to meet again. No, they still had a great many missions to go, a great many moons and suns and years. This was a friendship forged in the crucible of war and blood and reinforced in the countless hours and nights spent up late restoring the Arrow Pearsohn had flown only a few weeks earlier.

As the Mirage's slow march forward onto the airbase tarmac came to an inevitable stop, the small boarding ladder was rolled up, a few Seianese conscripts rolling it over and slowly securing it to the side of the Mirage as the ground crew did one last final inspection and Pearsohn let the typical pilot's gait take him over. Right hand clenched into a tight fist and the left securely holding onto his helmet, he began his slow walk, a small Seianese sergeant making an approach and showing him a checklist taped down to a small board. Taking the board in his previously empty right hand, he slowly began to walk around the Mirage. It was an empty pace perhaps, the speed and direction had no bearing on where he was actually looking and probably for good measure too as he paced the perimeter of the plane's silhouette. The morning sunlight off of the seeker heads of the missiles secured underneath each wing and to the fuselage, the two close-range AAM's sinisterly shining from the beetle black coverings of the infrared warhead guidance systems.

The Magic 2's had never been a favorite of Pearsohn as they lacked the agility of the Sidewinders and even more so importantly they lacked the radar-detonation mechanisms of the AIM-4 Falcons he'd grown used to using during oh so many other previous conflicts. Near-misses would spell a total miss meaning he'd have to play opportunistically. How fitting. The thought was quick, short, and rueful of the situation which had brought him to this point, but he was fully willing to take it all on the chin. Hanging beneath the entire craft though sat the long silver-grey shell of the Matra Super 530. He smiled. Now that was a missile he could get behind. Fast, smart, and capable of reaching high and low to strike an enemy aircraft. He'd have to hold onto that as his ace in the hole.

"Will that be all Lieutenant?" The Seianese sergeant asked as Pearsohn finally stood straight, cracked his back as he leaned back from the waist, and snapped back up tall. It was a good feeling to get all the kinks out of one's back and the sliding sensation of the muscles snapping back into place alongside the nice rush of warmth from blood being pushed into the area on the suspicion of possible damage always made him feel better. Handing the clipboard back to the sergeant, he smiled and nodded using his now free right hand to pop his neck in both directions. The sounds of what could have been a Seianese new year's firecracker had him smiling. It felt good to have the sensation of so much wrong leaving your body forcibly. It was time now though, he looked over and watched as another jet fighter slowly rolled past on it's taxiing run.

"You ever see that movie from Osea about the guy who goes to take on some massive space station? Remember that scene where all of the starfighters are taking off from the rebel base and are slowly accelerating into the atmosphere?" The Seianese man looked over and nodded, as if trying to understand where Pearsohn was going with his poorly alluded attempt at some Space Opera or another," I think this looks very much like that scene, but there's just one problem."

"What would that be sir?" The sergeant asked as he looked towards the foreigner with an apparent apprehension on his face.

"In the movie, only five of the dozens make it back," the disturbing implication had settled across the sergeant's face before Pearsohn continued," I think, I think we're looking at a change in the odds though. Don't you?"

"I- I don't know sir, are we?"

"Yes, yes we are." Without a further word, the Sotoan man slowly grasped both sides of his helmet in his hands, throwing it up into the air momentarily, letting it come back down to rest in his hands. The sounds of all the loose wires inside, meant to be pulled out before he settled into position made a slight rattling noise in protest of the action, but did nothing more. Pearsohn smiled, reaching inside, he pulled out the oxygen mask hookup and looked at it for a moment more before deciding he too had stalled for long enough. The roaring of jet engines overhead already pushing him to want to join his comrades, his family in the air. One day he'd get to do the same with his daughter, he'd already done so once. All he needed to do was stay alive for this mission.

It didn't take long for the Sotoan veteran combat pilot to get into the air. The sky was his home and he was just as eager to get to it as he was to get back down after a good fight, but what was coming wasn't going to be a fight. If his suspicions were to be anywhere near the reality of the situation, the Beiarusians wouldn't be giving half of their force, but rather this would be the final battle of the war here. this would be where Heian would be entirely eclipsed and history would write this down as yet another battle that shaped the face of Strangereal, but had nothing of notable repute from either sides. A war needed time in order to be of any repute, and this war was going to come to a close before it had even become a tangible conflict.

<<This is Hangman 1 to all Hangman callsigns when you are wheels and wings up join me in a flying V at Angels 8, minimum 75 meters between aircraft. Ee will be moving in a holding pattern in a 2 kilometer radius of the airbase counterclockwise starting from vector 360 at 220 knots. How do you copy? Over.>>

<<This is Hangman 5 to Hangman 1. Copy Affirmative. Over.>>

<<Hangman 1, this is Hangman 3. I have good copy and am climbing Angels eight from Angels five. Currently circling past north point of Murai and moving counter-clockwise. I am eyes on and will pull wingside with naught-one klick clearance from portside, over. Hangman 5, this is Hangman 3, make room for me over there. Age before beauty sunshine, let's not get too friendly. Out.>>

It didn't take long for the mottled-grey Mirage III, finally sporting Praeses colors and emblem, to slide into position off the left side of his wing-leader's craft. It was strange -the amount of distance between craft- but that was perhaps because there were other craft in the formation and other pilots, most of them considerably newer to this than Pearsohn and Garret. Now though, was his time to begin to relax and prepare himself for the long day ahead.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm

<<This is Hangman 1 to all Hangman callsigns when you are wheels and wings up join me in a flying V at Angels 8, minimum 75 meters between aircraft. Ee will be moving in a holding pattern in a 2 kilometer radius of the airbase counterclockwise starting from vector 360 at 220 knots. How do you copy? Over.>>

<<Hangman-2 to Hangman-1 Copy your last, Moving into formation on your starboard. Watch your blind spot.>>

Tombstone increased the throttle and brought the aging F-4 into formation with Praeses, Shark and... Hangman... Tombstone sighed at the idiocy of putting someone with the callsign Hangman into a flight called Hangman Flight. It was a damn good way for something to fuck up.

<<Hangman-6 to Hangman-1. Copy your request. Moving into formation to Port of Hangman-5.>>

Tombstone nearly forgot about Honey Badger, the man was scarce, more so than he was. The man was still a good SEAD pilot though.

<<Tombstone to Honey Badger, you're geared for SEAD right?>>

<<Affirmative Tombstone, just as always. Two Sidewinders, six HARM and a drop tank.>>

Tombstone nodded to himself, <<Copy 6, try not to get too banged up.>>

From the rear seat Fantasy spoke, "I take it we're flying with him?"

"Yeah." Tombstone replied, "I figured, why not, since we're both flying bricks and we're both geared a bit for ground. He could use the help... You wanna introduce yourself?"

Fantasy shook her head, "I'd rather wait until we're back on the ground, do it in person."

Jason shrugged, "That's fine."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010

Postby Rupudska » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:06 pm

The seat of an F-16 was hard and uncomfortable, but to Shinobu it was the most welcoming thing in the world. After that long day a few days ago, she wanted nothing more than to get in her beloved Falcon and fly away, destroying as many Beiarusians as possible.

Maybe she'd even run into someone from the roadblock - unlikely, but it would be nice if she could shoot back at them for once.

Upon her Falcon's crimson wings were a pair of Sidewinders and six Osean cluster bombs. Underneath the engine was a jammer. She was ready.

<<Spider One, taking off.>>
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Captain Noel 'Aguila' Silva
Muragi AFB, Heian, Seian

Two days was nowhere near enough time to adjust to the new environment, Noel had spent the previous days meticulously scouring the pilot's manual and pinning notes to the cockpits dash, labeling the Phantoms various dials and instruments but also, various procedures for certain circumstances. When it came to takeoff he had still been scribbling down sections of the book in his small pocket notepad, hopefully the information had stuck because he was going to need it. Currently Noel was waiting on the runway with the procession of Morena and the native air force as they inched forward down the Taxiway, he bobbed his knee up and down in a nervous impatientness, a great deal of things were resting on the outcome of this battle and it was playing on his mind, despite the attempts to block it or push it to another part of his mind.

A short while later and the planes were skybound, the operation was slowly creeping up on them, the various flights of Morena started forming around their leads to prepare for the oncoming storm.

<<Ghost Lead to Ghost Flight, form up with a standard Finger Four, 50 meter spread and maintain current course.>> Noel cast a glance out off his starboard wing towards 'Lady', the newest member of Morena.

<<Welcome to our new Osean friend. Glad you could join the party, now lets strike the fear of god into these gringos.>>
Yo, that's mad.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Kassaran wrote:Lieutenant Markus Pearsohn

"Well, looks like he didn't break anything, I guess he wasn't all that bad to your bird old man?" Pearsohn's voice carried across the small hangar space as the Mirage was being wheeled out before them. Near him, the broad-chested, moustached man had his arms crossed over his chest, simply staring at the craft. Pearsohn understood the silence, the odds were pretty much against them from what he'd been able to gather from the briefing and the fact that Markus was going up again, in spite of everything that had happened warranted a form of special cowardice unique perhaps to only a few dozen in the world. Where perhaps most would run from the idea of their deaths for the sake of others, he was willing to do just that so he didn't have to look back on what he'd done.

At least, he would have a week ago. Hell, it's the only reason he flew like a fucking madman half the time much to the anguish and the chagrin of his Crew Chief, but the man could act no more than a Priest to a man's deathbed whenever it came to Praeses. It took but a few moments of consolidated silence before the Crew Chief finally spoke out," Yeah, I guess he wasn't that bad, but you'd be a better fit in that bird. She's got your colors now anyways, and I did a little bit for your kill tallies too. Given what you told me to get ready for, I've got to the entire right side of the aircraft cleared for you. You said they're on their way, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't know how late they got mobilized, so we might not see them for a few more days. Getting across the Pacific takes a while. For all I know, they're still held up with customs crossing into Verusa. They never were really a big fan of 'em anyways. They might have just completely overflown them, but I doubt the Wolf had any tankers ready for them." Pearsohn watched as daylight finally lanced across the tip of his Mirage, the sounds of other aircraft taxiing into position on the runways available and others still spooling up their engines had him smiling. It'd been awhile since he'd been a part of a truly big fight like this. In fact, it was probably closer to five years since he'd done something like this, during the aftermath of the Verusan War. To a mercenary fighter pilot, those days were ancient history though, especially when you had to devote all of your memory to what happened in the past week, month and minute all at the same time.

"Any words of good fortune for me before I mount up?" A small half-smile crossed the Sotoan's face as he looked over his shoulder towards the moustached man standing in the shade of the hangar, the slight glinting of the sun off of the Mirage's cockpit glass sending sparkling light back and across the area. The man remained motionless, still staring emptily at the Mirage for a few minutes before he slowly turned to face Pearsohn and smiled at him.

"Don't get shot down I s'pose. I don't know what you want, but you better bring this bird back to me in one piece or I'll take whatever they find of your body and throw it in the nearest body of water as revenge." Pearsohn cringed at the threat, it was a known thing that he hated the beach, but for those who nothing about him, that extended to include any place where the land bordered the water. He, in fact, was incapable of swimming and had only ever learned how to flail in just the right way when in water to remain 'afloat'. That the crew chief was willing to expose this fatal flaw in Pearsohn's own psyche as an active threat for even his remains was a suitable enough well-wishing for the old pilot. They'd been through years of combat together and today wouldn't be the day they parted never to meet again. No, they still had a great many missions to go, a great many moons and suns and years. This was a friendship forged in the crucible of war and blood and reinforced in the countless hours and nights spent up late restoring the Arrow Pearsohn had flown only a few weeks earlier.

As the Mirage's slow march forward onto the airbase tarmac came to an inevitable stop, the small boarding ladder was rolled up, a few Seianese conscripts rolling it over and slowly securing it to the side of the Mirage as the ground crew did one last final inspection and Pearsohn let the typical pilot's gait take him over. Right hand clenched into a tight fist and the left securely holding onto his helmet, he began his slow walk, a small Seianese sergeant making an approach and showing him a checklist taped down to a small board. Taking the board in his previously empty right hand, he slowly began to walk around the Mirage. It was an empty pace perhaps, the speed and direction had no bearing on where he was actually looking and probably for good measure too as he paced the perimeter of the plane's silhouette. The morning sunlight off of the seeker heads of the missiles secured underneath each wing and to the fuselage, the two close-range AAM's sinisterly shining from the beetle black coverings of the infrared warhead guidance systems.

The Magic 2's had never been a favorite of Pearsohn as they lacked the agility of the Sidewinders and even more so importantly they lacked the radar-detonation mechanisms of the AIM-4 Falcons he'd grown used to using during oh so many other previous conflicts. Near-misses would spell a total miss meaning he'd have to play opportunistically. How fitting. The thought was quick, short, and rueful of the situation which had brought him to this point, but he was fully willing to take it all on the chin. Hanging beneath the entire craft though sat the long silver-grey shell of the Matra Super 530. He smiled. Now that was a missile he could get behind. Fast, smart, and capable of reaching high and low to strike an enemy aircraft. He'd have to hold onto that as his ace in the hole.

"Will that be all Lieutenant?" The Seianese sergeant asked as Pearsohn finally stood straight, cracked his back as he leaned back from the waist, and snapped back up tall. It was a good feeling to get all the kinks out of one's back and the sliding sensation of the muscles snapping back into place alongside the nice rush of warmth from blood being pushed into the area on the suspicion of possible damage always made him feel better. Handing the clipboard back to the sergeant, he smiled and nodded using his now free right hand to pop his neck in both directions. The sounds of what could have been a Seianese new year's firecracker had him smiling. It felt good to have the sensation of so much wrong leaving your body forcibly. It was time now though, he looked over and watched as another jet fighter slowly rolled past on it's taxiing run.

"You ever see that movie from Osea about the guy who goes to take on some massive space station? Remember that scene where all of the starfighters are taking off from the rebel base and are slowly accelerating into the atmosphere?" The Seianese man looked over and nodded, as if trying to understand where Pearsohn was going with his poorly alluded attempt at some Space Opera or another," I think this looks very much like that scene, but there's just one problem."

"What would that be sir?" The sergeant asked as he looked towards the foreigner with an apparent apprehension on his face.

"In the movie, only five of the dozens make it back," the disturbing implication had settled across the sergeant's face before Pearsohn continued," I think, I think we're looking at a change in the odds though. Don't you?"

"I- I don't know sir, are we?"

"Yes, yes we are." Without a further word, the Sotoan man slowly grasped both sides of his helmet in his hands, throwing it up into the air momentarily, letting it come back down to rest in his hands. The sounds of all the loose wires inside, meant to be pulled out before he settled into position made a slight rattling noise in protest of the action, but did nothing more. Pearsohn smiled, reaching inside, he pulled out the oxygen mask hookup and looked at it for a moment more before deciding he too had stalled for long enough. The roaring of jet engines overhead already pushing him to want to join his comrades, his family in the air. One day he'd get to do the same with his daughter, he'd already done so once. All he needed to do was stay alive for this mission.

It didn't take long for the Sotoan veteran combat pilot to get into the air. The sky was his home and he was just as eager to get to it as he was to get back down after a good fight, but what was coming wasn't going to be a fight. If his suspicions were to be anywhere near the reality of the situation, the Beiarusians wouldn't be giving half of their force, but rather this would be the final battle of the war here. this would be where Heian would be entirely eclipsed and history would write this down as yet another battle that shaped the face of Strangereal, but had nothing of notable repute from either sides. A war needed time in order to be of any repute, and this war was going to come to a close before it had even become a tangible conflict.

<<This is Hangman 5 to Hangman 1. Copy Affirmative. Over.>>

<<Hangman 1, this is Hangman 3. I have good copy and am climbing Angels eight from Angels five. Currently circling past north point of Murai and moving counter-clockwise. I am eyes on and will pull wingside with naught-one klick clearance from portside, over. Hangman 5, this is Hangman 3, make room for me over there. Age before beauty sunshine, let's not get too friendly. Out.>>

It didn't take long for the mottled-grey Mirage III, finally sporting Praeses colors and emblem, to slide into position off the left side of his wing-leader's craft. It was strange -the amount of distance between craft- but that was perhaps because there were other craft in the formation and other pilots, most of them considerably newer to this than Pearsohn and Garret. Now though, was his time to begin to relax and prepare himself for the long day ahead.

<<Hangman 3, this is Hangman 5. Copy that, I will begin the move shortly. Over.

He smoothly moved his plane over about 100 meters to make room for the Hangman 3 pilot. He wondered what his wing leader was like. He'd never met the man since he'd had little chance, but he assumed he was like any other. Quick to Action and all about discipline. He didn't like people who bossed him around, but he had a feeling this guy's commands would mean Anatoly's life or death. He awaited his first commands or another pilot to radio in.
My Political Compass:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Capt. Aleksei Tallow “Null”
13:01 September 30, 1992 // Gozen, Seian

They were about to cross over into operational airspace. Already Kokkuri was sighting enemy aircraft, and the Seianese Army, having dug in, was beginning its attack against the advancing armor. Seven M109 howitzers sounded the opening salvo of the battle. Plumes of dirt and smoke erupted from where the shells had hit, and the enemy quickly broke off to engage as their own artillery returned fire. Light units were rushing ahead to secure the area while the slower tanks lumbered along. Some distance away enemy Flogger-D’s and Tu-22’s were beginning their attack run, making Seianese artillery a priority target while fighters covered their approach. In the forest to the south allied units were attempting to flank the far larger enemy force. Enemy planes were scouring the canopy but given the denisty of the wood it would be difficult to score accurate hits.

The inbound fighters were breaking off to either Gozen or the wooded south. Jiangshi, Mononoke, and several allied Finbacks were moving to engage enemy fighters while Kasha provided close-air-support. Tenko, Kirin, and a squadron of JH-7’s were doing the same in the south. Kokkuri would be providing support to Gozen while a second AWACS assisted with the forest.

<< Null: This is Scarecrow Leader to all aircraft. We are weapons hot. Hangman and Spider will focus on Gozen; Scarecrow and Ghost will cover the forest. Focus on keeping air superiority. Don’t give the enemy attackers a chance to get in position. Those who can should assist friendly ground units. We lose here then we may well lose the war. Don’t die, but do whatever you can to win this. >>

“Nice speech,” Zeeger said from behind.

Null ignored him and instead pulled the F-101 into a sloping turn towards the south. Scarecrow and Ghost followed suit with Hangman and Spider continuing east to Gozen. They had now crossed over into the operational area. It was time. For better or worse the battle was underway.

<< Ally-G: We got planes coming in from the west! >>

<< Ally-Commander: Then it’s time. Don’t hold nothing back. Make the enemy regret ever coming here. >>

<< Ally-G: You heard him! For Seian! >>

Cheers filled the radio as the SAF planes entered the airspace. True to their word the allied ground forces would fight to the bitter end if need be. It was all or nothing.

<< Enemy-G: The mercs are here? Where’s our support? >>

<< Enemy-AWACS: Reinforcements are already in-route to your position. >>

<< Enemy-A: I knew they'd show up. Just as planned. Let's clean up before the Captain arrives. >>

<< Enemy-A: Consider it done. >>

<< Enemy-Commander: It doesn’t matter. We end this war today. >>
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 pm

<<This is Scarecrow Leader to all aircraft. We are weapons hot. Hangman and Spider will focus on Gozen; Scarecrow and Ghost will cover the forest. Focus on keeping air superiority. Don’t give the enemy attackers a chance to get in position. Those who can should assist friendly ground units. We lose here then we may well lose the war. Don’t die, but do whatever you can to win this. >>

Fantasy wasn't aware of just how close Seian was to being conquered. Sure they weren't all too far from the capital, but rarely did that ever affect a country's ability to fight. There were several examples throughout history of countries fighting within miles of their capital and still winning in the end. She hoped this battle would be yet another example of those events in the future.

<<Tombstone to Honey Badger, you feel like taking a run over downtown?>>

<<Affirmative Tombstone. Don't let me die too easily.>>

With that the duo of F-4s sped towards the downtown of Gozen. Honey Badger began to pull ahead as both him and Fantasy prepped their weapon complement.

Immediately Honey Badger got lit up, several sources of tracers from the ground skimmed him as he launched a duo of HARMs. His shot came to fifty fifty as only one missile impacted it's proper target. The other uselessly smashed into a building.

<<Blin, Hangman-6, splash one SAM.>>

Tombstone followed through from parallel street spotting a duo of T-72s and a Shilka. A heavy burst of cannon and a duo of Mavericks trashed the triplet mechanized terror.

Fantasy reported in as Tombstone pulled up, <<Hangman-2, splash three ground.>>

Honey Badger came in for another pass, and was semi-successful. He managed to launch another duo of HARMs, both finding their targets in a Shilka and Tunguska respectively. Except a Flanker had something to say about that.

Tombstone didn't need an exclamation from Honey Badger to see he needed help, "Fantasy, Sidewinders."

"Copy, Sidewinders."

As Fantasy juggled the roles in her seat Tombstone accelerated into a firing position, the Flanker poking multiple holes in Honey Badger's metallic hide

<<Tombstone, GUNS.>>

The tracers from on of Morena's own narrowly missed the Flanker, but managed to get it off his wingman's tail... And subsequently onto theirs.

Fantasy grunted out a request as the craft banked into a turn, <<Six, Help.>>

<<Copy, Two. On my way.>>

Honey Badger managed to get a lock on the Flanker, however it simply accelerated and dumped countermeasures.

<<Slippery little cyka.>>

However, this Gave Fantasy a clear shot, <<Hangman-2, Fox-2>> The words had only came halfway out her mouth by the time the Sidewinder was already racing ahead. It didn't find it's target, but it was close enough. The Su-27 began to belch smoke and fluid. As it began on it's dangerous approach towards the ground it's canopy burst open and it's pilot popped out at high speed.

Fantasy smiled, glad she finally bagged the slippery pilot. The gut wrenching change in direction was something she didn't expect however, as Tombstone suddenly maxed the throttle and pitched upwards.

What came next was a colossal shock wave, as the discarded Yuke craft slammed into a gas station, igniting it's subterranean fuel storage.

<<Oi, blyat! I hope no civvies are down there!>>

Tombstone confirmed the kill, <<Hangman-2, Splash one Flanker.>>

Holly remained fixated on the massive display of fire on the ground for a bit longer than she knew healthy, before slipping back into a fighter's mindset.

Kills
Hangman-2 (Tombstone, Fantasy)
Gozen Zone C
Tank x2
AA x1
F3 (Su-37) x1

Hangman-6 (Honey Badger)
Gozen Zone C
SAM x2
AA x1
Last edited by Anowa on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Major Garret "Shark" Jones
Before the Battle

Albertae wrote:<<This is Hangman 5 to Hangman 1. Copy Affirmative. Over.>> He took off and got into position all the way to the left side of the V-Wing.[/b]

Kassaran wrote:<<Hangman 1, this is Hangman 3. I have good copy and am climbing Angels eight from Angels five. Currently circling past north point of Murai and moving counter-clockwise. I am eyes on and will pull wingside with naught-one klick clearance from portside, over. Hangman 5, this is Hangman 3, make room for me over there. Age before beauty sunshine, let's not get too friendly. Out.>>

Anowa wrote:<<Hangman-2 to Hangman-1 Copy your last, Moving into formation on your starboard. Watch your blind spot.>>

<<Hangman-6 to Hangman-1. Copy your request. Moving into formation to Port of Hangman-5.>>

Shark was glad his squadron was so talkative today. They all understood the gravity of this battle and were communicating with each other, working as a team. When the final piece of the formation, another newbie going by the callsign "King" made it into position Shark consulted his list and announced flight assignments.
<<Hangman 1 to all Hangman callsigns. Listen up, its time to assign wingmates. Hangman you are being pared up with King since the both of you are carrying mostly long range today. Tombstone and Honey Badger watch each other's six. Badger; make sure Tombstone brings this one back in good enough condition to take off again, he's flying a loaner this time.>> he cracked a small joke to lighten the tension he knew would be building,

<<Well damn, I guess that leaves me with Praesus. Think these kids can keep up with us?>>

13:02 September 30, 1992 // Gozen, Seian

Beiarusia wrote:
<< Null: This is Scarecrow Leader to all aircraft. We are weapons hot. Hangman and Spider will focus on Gozen; Scarecrow and Ghost will cover the forest. Focus on keeping air superiority. Don’t give the enemy attackers a chance to get in position. Those who can should assist friendly ground units. We lose here then we may well lose the war. Don’t die, but do whatever you can to win this. >>

<<Alright Hangman Flight, cover your wingmates and keep your eyeballs open for any surprises. We are heading for Gozen to cover for those Sieanese boys on the ground. Hangman/King stay back toward the edge of the AO and use those long rangers to snipe the enemy - your priority targets are attackers, bombers, and helicopters so if you see something moving low and or slow you are clear to engage. Tombstone and Badger, provide CAS for the men on the ground with a secondary mission of engaging enemy attackers. And Preasus... you and me are bullfighters - let's keep the fighters away from the rest of our boys. How do you copy? Shark out.>>

Loadout:
AIM-9L, AIM-M7/AIM-7M, Fuel, AIM-7M, AIM-7M, AIM-9L
Victories:
Last edited by SaintB on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Lieutenant Markus Pearsohn

<<And Preasus... you and me are bullfighters - let's keep the fighters away from the rest of our boys. How do you copy? Shark out.>>

"I wish he'd eventually stop butchering my name," Pearsohn grinned behind his oxygen mask, long since secured across his face, but the grin was moreover one of pure dark humor. Tabbing open the comms line, he paused for a moment, wondering if Shark had actually been expecting an answer or not. Radio protocols be damned was his own thoughts, but it could just be that he was the one reading into things, so he keyed off the mic and simply slid into position beside Shark. This was it, he had all of three missiles and then he was weapon's dry for range. He'd have to make these ones count. The Magic 2's were going to be useful if he went for one of the dedicated attackers, but that wasn't his role today. No, today he was hunting big game.

Down far below, something into the miles or such of distance, he could see the distant puffs of black smoke rising from the battle as he slowly rotated and pitched his craft, trying to give the radar in his nose any and all chances of finding anything he could track on the way in. While the Mirage III was an interceptor, it had always been designed as a light interceptor and being one of the most agile of its family, as well as one of the stapl;es he couldn't feel anything but happy at this being the craft he'd chosen. With Shark just off his starboard wingtip, probably on the fifty meter mark now, he could clearly see the man's helmeted face beyond the cockpit. Lifting his right hand, he gave a quick thumbs up before he opened up the distance once again and pitched back. If he was going to cover Shark, he'd need to have the best possible shot brought on by having a superior position.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Praeses didn't respond verbally but there was a click on the mic followed by a pregnant pause before the pilot pulled up next to him and gave him a thumbs up that was returned. Shark's mask was also already affixed as well and he watched through his goggles as Pearshon pulled up and away, going above and behind him. After so many years he didn't really need to be told what was supposed to happen next - the hunt was on and Shark was bait.

He scanned his RADAR for contacts. AWACS reported at least 8 Flankers in the vicinity of Gozen, likely they were providing cover for their own attackers and traveling in pairs as well. He dropped the extra tank which still had some fuel to spare but Garret could not afford the extra weight in what was coming up - the Flankers had him in speed and power but his lighter fighter would have the advantage in climbing and turning as long as he didn't let them get right up to him. Now that he had spotted a prospective target he moved in by accelerating passed the sound barrier and rolling in from above at a poor angle of attack, coming in too fast and to hard to actually get a shot he armed a Sparrow and let it try to paint the the fighter to the rear of the formation.

He zoomed passed his 'target' and performed an Immelman to break away, a maneuver that they should easily be able to follow and hopefully convincing them he was an easy target. He could have flashed them the 25 kill markers decorating the fuselage but he wanted them to follow, not runaway or call for reinforcements and follow they did. The lead element of the team gave chase first with his partner right behind him, he hoped they would try to chase him down on a straight course and either use their guns or a short range missile and maintained a more or less straight course, only maneuvering enough to make them have to keep their eyes on him if they wanted his aircraft as a prize.

He hoped this was what Praeses was going for.

Loadout:
AIM-9L, AIM-M7/AIM-7M, EMPTY, AIM-7M, AIM-7M, AIM-9L
Victories:
Last edited by SaintB on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse