NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: Ascension [OOC 2 | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:21 pm

So I was just purusing the khajiit backstory in the imperial library.

http://www.imperial-library.ingo/category/tags/khajiit

It seems there is a third moon hidden behind the vast expanse of the 2 that envelope the night sky, according to the khajiit.

Also apparently if you jump off a high mountain top you will fly off nirn and land on the moons.
So says the khajiit.

This third moon has no fancy khajiit name. It is just called the dead moon.
Basing on this and the fact that people can apparently land on the other moons without dying,
we can assume the following.

The dead moon is further away and can only be seen when the other 2 moons are new and empty in the night sky.
Otherwise they completely block any view of the dead moon hovering behind them.

Also evident to the theory that the two known moons are habitable is that according to khajiit lore, when one Mane dies, its successor is chosen by the khajiit council picking out several khajiit with the potential to be the future mane and then teleporting said potential successors to one of the moons to battle out a fight to the death and the victor gets teleported back to nirn as the new Mane.
Last edited by Ameige on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:08 am, edited 9 times in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Soo from what I read about lyg is that it seems to be an otherworldly non-oblivion realm like the soul cairn but by description it seems to mix tamriel pre-alterations, with something sheogorath might rule over.

And a lot of the major cities are in dilapidated ruins.

And the only way to get into it is either by some rare long lost magical spell portal thing like how you get into the soul cairn or by sliding sideways at odd angles. I'm not sure what that second one means but it sounds like it is enterable via some force similar to the mythical "tears" in the space time continuum that lets you travel to different dimensions in many fantasy or sci-fi movies and tv shows.

Like terra nova or Primeval, or that episode of red dwarf where they find themselves colliding with female versions of themselves from another dimension. Or like That girl from bioshock infinite that can open portals to other places and times.

Basically that but in the elder scrolls.

It seems the only known inhabitants are creatures known as the grabbers that grab things from other realms and pull them into lyg because they either cannot or are to lazy to create anything of their own.

It is said that they have never once created their own city and yet ruins of cities are scattered about lyg.

Rumors speculate that these grabbers are infact the Magna Ge.
The group of Aetherials or Et'Ada that followed magnus into atherius by ripping holes in the sky creating the stars.

So by this knowledge we can assume that the land of lyg which is supposedly just a mirror dimension of tamriel,
is infact either somewhere in Aetherius or is Aetherius itself.

Also interesting to note that Magnus is the leader of the Magna Ge. So on that knowledge it is acceptable to speculate that Magnus would be residing in lyg and be able to be found there if someone were to find a way to get to lyg.

Oh and it is said that He punched a hole through oblivion into aetherius thus making the sun.

So that big black emptiness that is the night sky or outter space that the twin moons hang in is apparently both oblivion and the void, which is really confusing to me.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Primeval?
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:52 pm

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Primeval?

Yes that. Thank you. I was worried someone would assume I just was mentioning terra nova twice and get confused.
Glad we got that taken care of before befuddlement occurred.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Ooh wow... didn't see this coming. according to the book entitled "the monomyth" The two eternal beings that started out everything that would become to be known as existence, commonly known as Anu and Padomay,
are infact, Aniel and Sithis. Padomay is Sithis! :blink: :shock: Mind blow!

*facepalms after reading more* "In most cultures, anu is honored for his interplay that creates the world, but sithis is held in highest esteem because he's the one that causes the reaction. Sithis is thus the Original Creator, an entity who intrinsically causes changed without design."

Oh sweet lord... Sithis, the god of assassins and death, is the one true god. May he have mercy on our souls...

Also, the description of Anu is that he is the god of order and structure. Anu is now Jygallag.

So to recap. Anu-Padomay are now Jygallag-Sithis.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Ok I am lost here. In an earlier part of the wikia it states that Magnus punched a hole through oblivion that made the sun. That would indicate that Oblivion is the blackness of outter space.

But in the book titled "shezzar's song", shezzar being lorkan I think, there is a mention of him suggesting to the gods that they tear off pieces of themselves and add it to mundus in an effort to "teach the mortal races to live well to cherish beauty and honor and to love one another as we love them."

These gods mocked and insulted his ridiculous idea and pretty much called him an idiot for his idea of tearing off pieces of themselves that they cannot get back and will be lost forever and decided to outcast him and go make their own world where they would have absolute control. These gods became known as the Daedra Princes and created a new world called oblivion.

Is oblivion outer space or is it a second mundus? it cant possibly be both.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:10 am

Soo... I figured out where orcs came from. So that theory can be put to rest.

Apparently the whole chimer got turned into dark elves thing cause they pissed off a daedric prince wasn't the first time that happened.

Back in the Mythic era Boethiah confronted trinimac on a battlefield and transformed him into malacath and in doing so his followers, which were chimer, got transformed as well, into what we know today as Orcs.
So both the dark elves and the orcs come from a race of golden elves called the chimer who were worshipping some god that pissed off another god and they got fucked over as the result.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 am

Ok so a couple pages ago I asked if the forgotten vale and bthardazm accessible.

No one ever gave me a direct yes or no. So unless someone plans to sometime soon,
I'm just going to assume yes and have vampire lady head to bthardazm.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:06 am

Soo I dunno if this going to be acceptable in this rp or not but having viewed a few YouTube videos concerning the elder scrolls online I have come to learn of a few travel techniques that could prove useful that anyone with a high enough magic ability can use.

For instance, there is a portal spell that, from what I can tell, pretty much rips off the portals or 'tears' from BioShock infinite in that they are just glowing lines or slits of energy floating in mid-air and be used to transport large amounts of people from one area to another over vast distances.

There are also smoke pellets that seem to be used as personal teleportation devices.
I think that probably falls under alchemy or something, as it is a physical object that has to be created with a mixture of ingredients.

Soo just a thought of some things we might add to the list of acceptable magic options here.

Personally I would like to at least see the personal use smoke pellets be allowed.
Would definitely come in handy if my vampire girl ever needs to flee somewhere.
Last edited by Ameige on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Ameige wrote:Soo I dunno if this going to be acceptable in this rp or not but having viewed a few YouTube videos concerning the elder scrolls online I have come to learn of a few travel techniques that could prove useful that anyone with a high enough magic ability can use.

For instance, there is a portal spell that, from what I can tell, pretty much rips off the portals or 'tears' from BioShock infinite in that they are just glowing lines or slits of energy floating in mid-air and be used to transport large amounts of people from one area to another over vast distances.

There are also smoke pellets that seem to be used as personal teleportation devices.
I think that probably falls under alchemy or something, as it is a physical object that has to be created with a mixture of ingredients.

Soo just a thought of some things we might add to the list of acceptable magic options here.

Personally I would like to at least see the personal use smoke pellets be allowed.

Are they actually gonna keep ESO canon if and when they actually ever make an ES6?
Cuz ESO was a total flop.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Ameige wrote:Soo I dunno if this going to be acceptable in this rp or not but having viewed a few YouTube videos concerning the elder scrolls online I have come to learn of a few travel techniques that could prove useful that anyone with a high enough magic ability can use.

Are they actually gonna keep ESO canon if and when they actually ever make an ES6?

I would think so. A large part of what happened there, such as the akaviri invasion and the 3 groups battling each other, are already in the lore as it is. So to say ESO is not cannon would to be saying that the battling groups and the akiviri invasion never happened,
and I can't imagine they would do that.
Last edited by Ameige on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:29 am

Ameige wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Are they actually gonna keep ESO canon if and when they actually ever make an ES6?

I would think so. A large part of what happened there, such as the akaviri invasion and the 3 groups battling each other, are already in the lore as it is. So to say ESO is not cannon would to be saying that the battling groups and the akiviri invasion never happened,
and I can't imagine they would do that.

Ah.
Makes sense.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 pm

We need to keep this RP alive or at least make a series out of it.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Hastiaka wrote:We need to keep this RP alive or at least make a series out of it.

I think I agree.
If I were to rejoin though, I wouldn't know how.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm more than happy to continue this RP.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Hastiaka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:57 am

Dutch... we need to make this work again :p

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm just shocked this lasted as long as it did.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:15 am

Hastiaka wrote:We need to keep this RP alive or at least make a series out of it.

It is still alive.. sorta. I was only gone for awhile cause my stupid computer was on the fritz and wouldn't stop freezing on me and giving me a crappy "cannot respond" message every time I tried to type something only to respond for like 5 seconds and then do it again when I tried to post something.
I swear, it was like it was taunting me...

But I am back now. So it will be kinda alive... sorta.
Last edited by Ameige on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:17 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:I'm more than happy to continue this RP.

Same here. None of my characters have gotten where I wanted them yet. Not sure what Im gonna do with the orc girl but I got plans with the vampire chick and I still plan on getting the Breton guy and his khajiit daughter to build a cave town and a elder scrolls variation of those red brick building ivy league schools on solstheim.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:29 am

So, while I am skeptical of the elder scrolls online mass transporting spell that looks like something out of bioshock infinite being allowed here I still have to ask cause that large battle that happened recently I think in like elswyre or something like that,
had mentions of vast amounts of humans being moved from one place to another relatively quickly and something about daedra pouring in.
The elder scrolls online mass transporting spell would help that make sense.

Also, personal teleporting smoke pellets were a thing for usually one or 2 people at a time.
So allow smoke pellets please. I would be grateful.
Last edited by Ameige on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hastiaka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:44 am

I've discovered interesting details on the great war. It appears that the Thalmot almost won the great war.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Culling

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Hastiaka wrote:I've discovered interesting details on the great war. It appears that the Thalmot almost won the great war.

Interesting.
But wasn't that almost implied, as the signing of the White-Gold Concordat was pretty much a capitulation to them anyways?
Either way, doesn't change the fact that they are assholes.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Hastiaka wrote:I've discovered interesting details on the great war. It appears that the Thalmot almost won the great war.

Interesting.
But wasn't that almost implied, as the signing of the White-Gold Concordat was pretty much a capitulation to them anyways?

yeah they were but they had some awesome outfits. I was thinking of having my vampire girl stumble across a dead one and steal it's cool outfit.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Ameige wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Interesting.

yeah they were but they had some awesome outfits. I was thinking of having my vampire girl stumble across a dead one and steal it's cool outfit.

Yeah, those outfits weren't bad.
If you were a mage who didn't wear armor, and was a good enchanter with the double enchant thing.
Another character I've actually grown to hate in Skyrim is Ulfric. If you do a bit of asking around, it turns out he made a law that makes it so Argonians can't live in Windhelm, among other things. And since I rarely play a Nord, he can be quite the bigoted prick.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:17 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Ameige wrote:

Yeah, those outfits weren't bad.
If you were a mage who didn't wear armor, and was a good enchanter with the double enchant thing.
Another character I've actually grown to hate in Skyrim is Ulfric. If you do a bit of asking around, it turns out he made a law that makes it so Argonians can't live in Windhelm, among other things. And since I rarely play a Nord, he can be quite the bigoted prick.

And dark elves can only live in the poor district. He wasn't a very nice nord. But still I sided with him. He had his heart in the right place.
skyrim belonged to the nords first. the empire doesn't belong.

In regards to the outfit, I was thinking of having my vampire girl find the outfit and then cast some sort of shadow or shroud spell on the hood. so unless she is looking directly at a person, most of her face is hidden within the shadow of the hood she is wearing. I want to have her add a spell onto it so that it doubles as a makeshift grey fox cowl as well. If she gets in trouble with the law some how, she just has to disappear around a corner out of sight or into a big crowd and people immediately forget who exactly it is they are searching for.
They will remember her vaguely but they wont be able to put a face to the person they were chasing anymore.

But I dunno if that is overstepping the power a bit or not.
Last edited by Ameige on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse