NATION

PASSWORD

The Comperior (OOC, FT, Slice of Life, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:34 am

Finsternia wrote:Ely, had any thoughts for the Alpha Centauri that we're gonna conquer?

That is quite the endgame goal there and IC will take us years to get to with the engines we have. Hell we might not even be able to accomplish that in this RP because of simply distance, Alpha Centauri is more than 4 light years away after all, and have to adapt our people and ship to spending even longer on the ship.

So in short no I haven't had any thoughts on it it is a very out there idea when I was just thinking of the survival of the ship and the people on it. If you have ideas or suggestions or anything like that I'm always game, I want to make this a better RP then what it is.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:56 am

Okay I decided some more things:

• The Comperior consists of 40 decks
  • There is lots of empty space that can be converted into something you want, the vessel wasn't designed for long term habitation so if you want something added give it a shout out and I will think about it.
  • There is a manufacturing plant located in the Engineering Bay. You can in theory develop anything in there yet finding a way to produce more resources should be top priority
  • Literally the ship was unprepared for anything like this so it and the crew needs to adapt
  • Artificial Intelligences do not exist on the Comperior, the Keeper Protocol was simply a program that ran on a cycle.
  • The Ship does have a water recycling room and an agricultural room and improving those to be more efficient is also a goal (since what food we do have has been stored safely for over 700 years and thus more is needed too feed the entire crew)
  • The Comperior does not have any shields just very thick armor, those have not been invented...yet.
  • Hull breaches are dealt with via sealing what are effectively blast doors.
  • Artificial Gravity and magnetic boots do exist however.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:17 pm

i move that we start so we can try and attract people through IC active play

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Upon Straus' suggestion here is the mechs for the ship.

For those of you who can't see things on imgur here's a link.

Specs:
Armor Class: Medium
Height: 22 feet 6 inches (6.58 m) tall
Armor Thickness:10.3 inches (261.62 mm) of reactive armor at thickest and 9.8 inches (248.92 mm) at weakest\
Crew: 14 people (to man all guns). This will not happen in space of course.
Equipment:
  • 1 Dual 600mm heavy main gun which doubles as a 15 inch (381 mm) reactive armor shield for frontal protection.
  • A 320mm chest gun
  • 8 MG 90 Armor piercing .50 caliber machine guns
  • One artillery howitzer with an 8 missile launch capacity
  • One 37mm anti-aircraft gun
  • One titanium axe approximately 8 feet (2.4384 m) across and 6 feet (1.8288 m) wide
  • A search light
  • A radio transmitter
Other notes: It is noted to be fast moving and heavy hitting while being able to take a beating. In equipped with multiple thrusters to allow for one to move in every direction. These were obviously designed for planets and planetary fighting not space and thus were designed to be used when humanity finds its new home but, unfortunately, the crew needs to use what they have in this situation. Adapt them and fight with them.
Inventory on the Comperior: 12

More can be designed or built or modified by engineering.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:59 pm

i am beyond happy right now. which is good considering someone i love died right as the new year started happy 2016 everyone

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm

New Strausberg wrote:i am beyond happy right now. which is good considering someone i love died right as the new year started happy 2016 everyone
I have no response that is befitting your... situation. I can only offer my condolences. I hope things pick up.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Now for random lore time :P

The name of the ship is the Comperior but that isn't a word I made up. Comperior is a Latin word.

The best definition of it is learn/discover/find (by investigation); verify/know for certain; find guilty

Random lore time over. :P

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:04 pm

New Strausberg wrote:i am beyond happy right now. which is good considering someone i love died right as the new year started happy 2016 everyone

Ah that...

As I said before Straus I have you in my prayers. God bless you.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Now for random lore time :P

The name of the ship is the Comperior but that isn't a word I made up. Comperior is a Latin word.

The best definition of it is learn/discover/find (by investigation); verify/know for certain; find guilty

Random lore time over. :P

Addition: It is a verb too.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Saleon wrote:
I have no response that is befitting your... situation. I can only offer my condolences. I hope things pick up.

thank you for your concern.
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Ah that...

As I said before Straus I have you in my prayers. God bless you.

also thank you things will hopefully get better

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby SkillCrossbones » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:19 am

No artificial intelligence of any kind? I feel like a properly stocked medical bay would have at least some form of AI... Even modern doctors are using AI today.
The Noblest Motive Is the Public Good

The contents of this post may not be reproduced or disseminated without the express written consent of the office of the President of SkillCrossbones

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:46 am

SkillCrossbones wrote:No artificial intelligence of any kind? I feel like a properly stocked medical bay would have at least some form of AI... Even modern doctors are using AI today.

The AI doctors use today is quite different to the stereotypical AI. Also there are quite a few definitions of what AI actually means beyond Artificial Intelligence. So maybe some clarification of what the limits are would be a good idea.

Kerzacistan wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:
So kinda like a combat engineer sort of thing?

Exactly my sentiments, ya think its good?

Yeah. I think our characters would work well together.
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:12 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:
SkillCrossbones wrote:No artificial intelligence of any kind? I feel like a properly stocked medical bay would have at least some form of AI... Even modern doctors are using AI today.

The AI doctors use today is quite different to the stereotypical AI. Also there are quite a few definitions of what AI actually means beyond Artificial Intelligence. So maybe some clarification of what the limits are would be a good idea.

Hmmm... clarification of limits you say? Well let me think. I do have it in mind that the computers on the ship does recognize voice commands and carries out what is ordered of them, so they are capable of understanding complex orders and executing them. The limits of the computers on the ship are quite simply: they can gather data to be presented to the correct human officer for them to decide how to deal with it and execute tasks given to them. The computers also aim the ships guns at targets ordered to be shot at and will fire at will. In short they are computers that simply do what they are ordered to do. For example the computers on the bridge of the ship have always run scans of the ship and the surrounding area but they don't do anything and instead presents the data to the Captain for his decision.

Sorry I just don't want something that can think and behave like a human that isn't a human on the ship, that was the definition of AI I was using. Especially since, it being more than 700 years, any AI that could be like that would have gone rampant a long long time ago and would have been shut down and destroyed as a threat to the ship.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:33 am

Do we have to use real life appearances for our characters? I'm more of a person that uses anime pictures for that.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:35 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Do we have to use real life appearances for our characters? I'm more of a person that uses anime pictures for that.

No you don't have to.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:40 am

Can you please go more in depth about the mechs, like why are there so few and could customs or totally different types be a thing? Ty ty, Ima go sleep now.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 am

Kerzacistan wrote:Can you please go more in depth about the mechs, like why are there so few and could customs or totally different types be a thing? Ty ty, Ima go sleep now.

The 12 was a completely arbitrary amount that I came up with in all honesty, there are parts to assemble more as needed, but if I had to give a reason the high crew requirement for them made having an army of them impractical at best (with only a 100 people we may only be able to deploy one or two) and that more wasn't seen as needing to be assembled until the new planet was found.

And yes customs and totally different types can be a thing. The reason why we have these mechs right now would be because we were EXPECTED not to use them until we find a new planet, when we needed to explore and have 75000 people to use these things. But now that circumstances have changed we must use what we have and design new things to adapt ourselves to our new space lifestyle. That make sense? I'm willing to discuss particular details.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby SkillCrossbones » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:

Hmmm... clarification of limits you say? Well let me think. I do have it in mind that the computers on the ship does recognize voice commands and carries out what is ordered of them, so they are capable of understanding complex orders and executing them. The limits of the computers on the ship are quite simply: they can gather data to be presented to the correct human officer for them to decide how to deal with it and execute tasks given to them. The computers also aim the ships guns at targets ordered to be shot at and will fire at will. In short they are computers that simply do what they are ordered to do. For example the computers on the bridge of the ship have always run scans of the ship and the surrounding area but they don't do anything and instead presents the data to the Captain for his decision.

Sorry I just don't want something that can think and behave like a human that isn't a human on the ship, that was the definition of AI I was using. Especially since, it being more than 700 years, any AI that could be like that would have gone rampant a long long time ago and would have been shut down and destroyed as a threat to the ship.

What you have described is basically what I was hoping for, nothing human-like. My concerns have been put to bed :D
The Noblest Motive Is the Public Good

The contents of this post may not be reproduced or disseminated without the express written consent of the office of the President of SkillCrossbones

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:16 pm

SkillCrossbones wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

What you have described is basically what I was hoping for, nothing human-like. My concerns have been put to bed :D

Good to know I have cleared that up. :D

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
SkillCrossbones wrote:

your flag... it is now bluee!!!!!!

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Saleon wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
your flag... it is now bluee!!!!!!

Blue is my favorite color so when I found this flag I couldn't resist. :D

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Saleon wrote:your flag... it is now bluee!!!!!!

I reject this. How dare you. I will seek vengence.
Last edited by Saleon on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Saleon wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

I'm trying to get used to it myself. The old one was my flag for more than a year after all.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Saleon wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

*sees the edit*

:rofl: :clap:

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Saleon wrote:

*sees the edit*

:rofl: :clap:
You laugh? You think I was joking? Am I a joke to you?
I don't joke. You will suffer, you will suffer a lot.
You think that I play for laughs, than I will show you
What happens when I laugh. I laughed when uncle
fancheoni died... by my hands around his neck.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse