NATION

PASSWORD

The Comperior (OOC, FT, Slice of Life, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Do you need some kind of chief computing/tech person or is that included in the engineers job?
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
I'm glad to have people I have known for a while tagging this, it just makes me happy to get people interested in this idea I came up with. :blush: :D I wasn't too sure about it is all.

Hey, it looks good, I like it.

I'll post an app tonight or tomorrow morning. I can't wait for this to start.

Thanks Tracian. :D And it will start when we get enough people because we need enough people to be able to interact with each other.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:43 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:Do you need some kind of chief computing/tech person or is that included in the engineers job?

I would think that would be part of the engineers job since it isn't just maintenance of the ship and machines on the ship.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:45 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:Do you need some kind of chief computing/tech person or is that included in the engineers job?

I would think that would be part of the engineers job since it isn't just maintenance of the ship and machines on the ship.

Awesome, just thought I'd check.

Also would someone having cybernetic implants be OK?
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:A very big tag

I'm glad to have people I have known for a while tagging this, it just makes me happy to get people interested in this idea I came up with. :blush: :D I wasn't too sure about it is all.

id like a cell block somewhere near the bottom of the ship

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Though a chief tech person would probably fall under stuff like fixing things.

Though now that I think about it why not make it that the Chief Engineer also helps with development of machines, so trying to make better fighters, better tech for the ship, new weapons etc. Though something would probably have to be done with the Chief Research Officer (the Chief Research Officer is pretty much a scientist in this case).

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:48 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Awesome, just thought I'd check.

Also would someone having cybernetic implants be OK?

This is futuristic enough for that so go right ahead, just make it reasonable. :P

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:49 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

id like a cell block somewhere near the bottom of the ship

:palm: Why didn't I think of that? I will get to adding it.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

New places:

Cell Block: Located in a corner of deck 2. Designed to hold at most 100 people. To be guarded by security at all times.

Engineering Bay: Located on Decks 5 and 4 it is where production of machines, weapons, and other objects happen. Put on those decks to be close to the hanger.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:09 pm

I decided to make another character, aka the Captains sister referenced in his app.

(delete everything in parenthesis)
Name: Anastasia Olderen
Sex: Female
Nationality/Ethnicity: Russian
Appearance: Similar in appearance to her elder brother the Captain, with brown hair and brown eyes but the hair is long and she is slim, and she is wearing this Height of 5'9.
Personality: Cheerful, kind, optimistic, kind, religious, loyal
Position on Ship: None of note but since the ship Councilor hasn't awoken yet she has taken up that role thanks to her personality.
Activities during spare time: Well when she isn't with her brother or speaking to a crew member she will most likely be in prayer at the Chapel.
Bio: The younger sister of the Captain and a nun of the Russian Orthodox Church. Born into an age of war all she has known throughout her life is war and the desperation humanity had as they fought. With the breakdown of things and the fact that the Church still provided services and were looking for more people she quietly joined a nunnery at the age of seventeen but it is unknown if she ever took her vows due to the circumstances and she is largely quiet about them. Despite the destruction caused by the war she has maintained a strong faith and hope for humanity. She was selected and put on board the ship for reasons unknown besides the fact that she was in the know about the project thanks to her relation to the Captain. It is partially suspected by the Captain that the main reason she was sent along was due to the fact that she is a stabilizing and motivating factor for him. Her reasons for becoming a nun are something that she hasn't divulged to anyone including her brother but to summarize it is because she wanted to separate herself from certain feelings she felt was improper and that no normal person should have. She hasn't spoken to her brother in nearly three years before the sleep, in fact the last time they spoke was when she had joined a nunnery. Her faith and her trust in her brother is without question despite everything.
Non-combat Special Traits: Artist and Singer.
Combat Special Traits: None of note
1453 (keep for tracking purposes)
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:26 pm

we defiantly need a barracks and armory range for the security

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Name: Lanya McFadden
Nationality/Ethnicity: Scottish(British)/White
Appearance: Standing around five foot seven, with brown hair normally worn in a short ponytail, Lanya has had a number of cybernetic implants and replacements through her life, including both her eyes have been replaced by cybernetic implants (both look like the one in this picture). She has also has a cybernetic right arm from below the elbow. When working she normally dresses in something similar to this (ignoring the stuff on the right of the picture and the little robots).
Personality: Relatively friendly and willing to hear people out, although don't try to interrupt her when she's working on a job, you may think you're being listened to but chances are she's not. An optimist who loves to throw herself into her work, Lanya tries not to stop and think for fear her past will haunt her. Bit of an extrovert and a flirt.
Position on Ship: Chief Engineer
Activities during spare time: What's spare time? There's always something to build/repair/improve. Likes Coding and Programming stuff that isn't part of her job, and will often have a couple of projects on the go that she'll play around with whenever she has a couple of minutes.
Bio: Born to a relatively rich family at birth, Lanya had her first cybernetic implants when she was young, when her parents found out that she had nearsightedness they immediately paid for her to have both eyes replaced with cybernetic ones. Growing up with them, to the point she does not know the original colour of her eyes, Lanya thinks of them as just another part of her, although sometimes she will have an itch where her eyes were beneath the cybernetics. Growing up relatively normally besides that, Lanya remembers the first colonization attempts by humanity, a side effect of her cybernetic eyes being that whilst she doesn't have a photographic memory her implants do have the ability to take pictures that are stored in her mind forever, for better or worse. Going through school and college Lanya was interested in engineering, a topic she picked up at University, advancing to do a Masters in it, whilst she also did a Foundation in Programming. After University, she joined the military, a choice that would soon cost her her right arm after the military base she was working on was bombed and destroyed by the enemy, trapping her partially underneath a huge pile of rubble. Rescued from the base when the military took it back, Lanya decided to have her severly damaged right arm replaced below the elbow with a cybernetic one. Whilst recovering and getting used to a new hand and arm Lanya was picked to be placed aboard the Comperior as the military could spare few people as they tried to valiantly hold off the enemy, and Lanya was by no means ready to head out near the fighting (and after the bombing run was prone to being physically sick on the sight of a dead body). Chosen to be Assistant-Chief Engineer, Lanya started to read up on all the things she thought she'd need to know about the ship.

Now that she is awake again Lanya has taken on the role of Chief Engineer as the guy who was meant to have the role died in his sleep when the enemy attacked the Comperior due to power failures. Putting all her skills and knowledge to use, Lanya continues to try and keep the Comperior working at full capacity whilst also trying to engineer it so that it can sustain the growing number of people awakening on it.
Non-combat Special Traits: Engineering, Coding
Combat Special Traits: Running away, Could theoretically pilot a fighter, never tried it in practice though.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:45 pm

New Strausberg wrote:we defiantly need a barracks and armory range for the security

I did actually consider having a shooting range set up but since the ship is as it is I decided to rule it out. How about IC you ask the Captain about setting up one? It makes sense for one to be set up after what happened.

As for a barracks if you can justify it being there and why security can't use the common crew rooms I will agree to it.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:50 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:Name: Lanya McFadden
Nationality/Ethnicity: Scottish(British)/White
Appearance: Standing around five foot seven, with brown hair normally worn in a short ponytail, Lanya has had a number of cybernetic implants and replacements through her life, including both her eyes have been replaced by cybernetic implants (both look like the one in this picture). She has also has a cybernetic right arm from below the elbow. When working she normally dresses in something similar to this (ignoring the stuff on the right of the picture and the little robots).
Personality: Relatively friendly and willing to hear people out, although don't try to interrupt her when she's working on a job, you may think you're being listened to but chances are she's not. An optimist who loves to throw herself into her work, Lanya tries not to stop and think for fear her past will haunt her. Bit of an extrovert and a flirt.
Position on Ship: Chief Engineer
Activities during spare time: What's spare time? There's always something to build/repair/improve. Likes Coding and Programming stuff that isn't part of her job, and will often have a couple of projects on the go that she'll play around with whenever she has a couple of minutes.
Bio: Born to a relatively rich family at birth, Lanya had her first cybernetic implants when she was young, when her parents found out that she had nearsightedness they immediately paid for her to have both eyes replaced with cybernetic ones. Growing up with them, to the point she does not know the original colour of her eyes, Lanya thinks of them as just another part of her, although sometimes she will have an itch where her eyes were beneath the cybernetics. Growing up relatively normally besides that, Lanya remembers the first colonization attempts by humanity, a side effect of her cybernetic eyes being that whilst she doesn't have a photographic memory her implants do have the ability to take pictures that are stored in her mind forever, for better or worse. Going through school and college Lanya was interested in engineering, a topic she picked up at University, advancing to do a Masters in it, whilst she also did a Foundation in Programming. After University, she joined the military, a choice that would soon cost her her right arm after the military base she was working on was bombed and destroyed by the enemy, trapping her partially underneath a huge pile of rubble. Rescued from the base when the military took it back, Lanya decided to have her severly damaged right arm replaced below the elbow with a cybernetic one. Whilst recovering and getting used to a new hand and arm Lanya was picked to be placed aboard the Comperior as the military could spare few people as they tried to valiantly hold off the enemy, and Lanya was by no means ready to head out near the fighting (and after the bombing run was prone to being physically sick on the sight of a dead body). Chosen to be Assistant-Chief Engineer, Lanya started to read up on all the things she thought she'd need to know about the ship.

Now that she is awake again Lanya has taken on the role of Chief Engineer as the guy who was meant to have the role died in his sleep when the enemy attacked the Comperior due to power failures. Putting all her skills and knowledge to use, Lanya continues to try and keep the Comperior working at full capacity whilst also trying to engineer it so that it can sustain the growing number of people awakening on it.
Non-combat Special Traits: Engineering, Coding
Combat Special Traits: Running away, Could theoretically pilot a fighter, never tried it in practice though.

I guess that settles if I should have some of the NPCs in cyrosleep die due to this. I thought of it hence why I mentioned why it is experimental. Accepted :D

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:we defiantly need a barracks and armory range for the security

I did actually consider having a shooting range set up but since the ship is as it is I decided to rule it out. How about IC you ask the Captain about setting up one? It makes sense for one to be set up after what happened.

As for a barracks if you can justify it being there and why security can't use the common crew rooms I will agree to it.

in a barracks you can have weapons in easy access without having the regular crew also able to get to it. allows for easier preparation in case of an attack or mutiny the crew doesn't have access to all the weapons in the ship.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:57 pm

i would like to ask for a roll of co op if thats alright?

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:03 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

in a barracks you can have weapons in easy access without having the regular crew also able to get to it. allows for easier preparation in case of an attack or mutiny the crew doesn't have access to all the weapons in the ship.

The crew doesn't have access to all the weapons anyway since they are under lock and key. Besides the ship isn't under martial law or anything like that, there will be rationing of course, so people are free to do what they want. Though I have been expanding various security details that I will add in another post to see if it meets things.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:06 pm

New Strausberg wrote:i would like to ask for a roll of co op if thats alright?

Well I trust you enough to know you won't go overboard or anything like that. So okay. Just nothing too radical or hijacking this RP please. :P I like to keep some semblance of stability and control so nothing like a mutiny, coup, martial law, general chaos or anything like that. We are not descending into tribes or anything like that.

Sure this is about survival but it is also about trying to live a normal life on this ship and advancing humanity as we search for a home. Hence the use of the words "slice of life" in the description people are to also live normal lives.

Plus as OP and Captain I overrule anything Coops say. Sorry just being paranoid. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:i would like to ask for a roll of co op if thats alright?

Well I trust you enough to know you won't go overboard or anything like that. So okay. Just nothing too radical or hijacking this RP please. :P I like to keep some semblance of stability and control so nothing like a mutiny, coup, martial law, general chaos or anything like that. We are not descending into tribes or anything like that.

Sure this is about survival but it is also about trying to live a normal life on this ship and advancing humanity as we search for a home. Hence the use of the words "slice of life" in the description people are to also live normal lives.

Plus as OP and Captain I overrule anything Coops say. Sorry just being paranoid. :P

its fine besides i will leave all rp decission to you and anything i have i will run by you. i really just like having the power of accepting the apps if your not around so we can keep getting fresh people

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:25 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

its fine besides i will leave all rp decission to you and anything i have i will run by you. i really just like having the power of accepting the apps if your not around so we can keep getting fresh people

Oh that. Of course you can. That much is a given at least for me.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:28 am

Interest is great, and I see potential for a cool job that makes sense.

Name: Kerian Wolk
Sex: Male
Nationality/Ethnicity: English (United Kingdom) / Caucasian
Appearance: Lanky Black hair, scruffy face, grey-green eyes, 7'2, muscular
Personality: Mostly upbeat and personable Kerian detests people who prey on those under his watch or by his side, preferring to get back at them in ways which nobody but he and the affected are the wiser to.
Position on Ship: Fortification and Repair Engineer / Every engineer's protective older brother
Activities during spare time: Anything from tinkering with a few random tidbits in the hangars or trudging through repairs, and maybe even giving masonry or smithing classes in the empty spaces of the ship to interested parties
Bio: Kerian attained a masters in structural engineering very early in life, quickly becoming a combat engineer specializing in fortification and repair, earning a reputation for erecting defenses that lasted for a while extremely quickly. Taking up electrical engineering and chemical engineering as he progressed in life, and even old school traditional smithing to help preserve culture, Kerian was volunteered by his family as of of the last people to be able to smith many traditional weapons and because of his skills at erecting fortifications, he didn't object.
Non-combat Special Traits: Erecting Fortifications, Reparing things or outright making them, Causing things disappear in clouds of angry looking fire
Combat Special Traits: Easily able to pilot a mech if needed to, has an innate knowledge of structure's strongest and weakest points, knows how to use a sledgehammer for more than just driving stakes into the ground

Feel free to yell or berate me via tg or here if you've any problems, I just hope there wont be any and this is still alive because it looks pretty cool.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:36 am

Kerzacistan wrote:Interest is great, and I see potential for a cool job that makes sense.

Personality: Mostly upbeat and personable Kerian detests people who prey on those under his watch or by his side, preferring to get back at them in ways which nobody but he and the affected are the wiser to.
Position on Ship: Fortification and Repair Engineer / Every engineer's protective older brother
Activities during spare time: Anything from tinkering with a few random tidbits in the hangars or trudging through repairs, and maybe even giving masonry or smithing classes in the empty spaces of the ship to interested parties
Bio: Kerian attained a masters in structural engineering very early in life, quickly becoming a combat engineer specializing in fortification and repair, earning a reputation for erecting defenses that lasted for a while extremely quickly. Taking up electrical engineering and chemical engineering as he progressed in life, and even old school traditional smithing to help preserve culture, Kerian was volunteered by his family as of of the last people to be able to smith many traditional weapons and because of his skills at erecting fortifications, he didn't object.
Non-combat Special Traits: Erecting Fortifications, Reparing things or outright making them, Causing things disappear in clouds of angry looking fire
Combat Special Traits: Easily able to pilot a mech if needed to, has an innate knowledge of structure's strongest and weakest points, knows how to use a sledgehammer for more than just driving stakes into the ground

Feel free to yell or berate me via tg or here if you've any problems, I just hope there wont be any and this is still alive because it looks pretty cool.

So kinda like a combat engineer sort of thing?
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:42 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:
Kerzacistan wrote:Interest is great, and I see potential for a cool job that makes sense.

So kinda like a combat engineer sort of thing?

Exactly my sentiments, ya think its good?
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:32 am

Accepted and welcome aboard. :D

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:58 am

Ely, had any thoughts for the Alpha Centauri that we're gonna conquer?
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse