NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:XD hahahaha

'Get me the detective... what do you mean? Inch high? What sort of detective is an inch high?'

Honestly just open a Harvey Birdman episode and stark looking through the roster.

Well, I suppose. So, what's the premise of an RP in this setting?
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:59 pm

As cool as Maul was, there is something so aesthetically pleasing watching Count Dooku's elegant mikashi style in motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIZpQH1BrI

Fatigue was his downfall, he compensated exceedingly well for his advanced age in terms of sword skill where he employed proficient finesse but was technically weak against brute force. This only seems to have become a problem during his final duel against Anakin, who was a both powerhouse and sufficiently skilled by the start of RotS, completely overwhelming Dooku.

Dooku as Darth Tyranus is noticeably quite stoic compared to other Sith Lords, its interesting how he uses the dark side but doesn't seem to let his emotions override rational judgement.

I was curious to see how he would have fared against Mace Windu, it seems he arguably could have actually bested the Jedi Master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuZQwv60GE

That would have been pretty impressive but the implications... if Dooku could beat Mace, could he also defeat Maul? It just might have been possible -assuming Dooku was fully invigorated to be able to keep up redirecting and deflecting Maul's aggressive acrobatics long enough to exploit an opening - assuming Mace himself could have beaten Maul, which he likely could have I think.

I do wonder how Qui Gon could have influenced Dooku were he alive during the Clones Wars.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:As cool as Maul was, there is something so aesthetically pleasing watching Count Dooku's elegant mikashi style in motion:

Fatigue was his downfall, he compensated exceedingly well for his advanced age in terms of sword skill where he employed proficient finesse but was technically weak against brute force. This only seems to have become a problem during his final duel against Anakin, who was a both powerhouse and sufficiently skilled by the start of RotS, completely overwhelming Dooku.

Dooku as Darth Tyranus is noticeably quite stoic compared to other Sith Lords, its interesting how he uses the dark side but doesn't seem to let his emotions override rational judgement.

I was curious to see how he would have fared against Mace Windu, it seems he arguably could have actually bested the Jedi Master:

That would have been pretty impressive but the implications... if Dooku could beat Mace, could he also defeat Maul? It just might have been possible -assuming Dooku was fully invigorated to be able to keep up redirecting and deflecting Maul's aggressive acrobatics long enough to exploit an opening - assuming Mace himself could have beaten Maul, which he likely could have I think.

I do wonder how Qui Gon could have influenced Dooku were he alive during the Clones Wars.

I too like his style and he remains my favorite character from the Clone Wars Era (primarily his film iteration). In regards to how Qui Gon could have influence Dooku one has to consider where he was when Qui Gon was killed.

He was already seeing the corruption in the Jedi Order and was seeing such also in the Senate. When the Jedi began serving the Republic rather then the will of the force, and began dying for such will- Dooku vowed he'd leave the order if such continued. Another such mission happened and in honoring his word Dooku left the order a nd reclaimed his birth right title of Count. Where he intended to use his influence to combat the corruption of the republic and write about what he saw as the decline of the Jedi Order. He began to voice the opinion that the Republic needed to be reformed or otherwise disbanded in favor of a new system of government- one less centralized.

As Paplatine Sidious sowed greater seeds through interation for Dooku's turn. Dooku was approached by Sidious at the Count's estate, as Dooku had felt the dark lords influence- and Sidius saw in Dooku an asset he could use. Sidious showed him what was going on in real time on Naboo- the battle unfolding. This was the moment Sidious, hoped would at last crush Dooku's hope for the Jedi order. His apprentice- Qui Gon one person Dooku knew was in a position to bring the order back into focus, yet Qui Gon was not recieving a seat on the council because he was so outspoken but unlike Dooku Qui Gon had not left. Qui Gon had carried on the work Dooku had as a Jedi before Dooku left- trying to divert the council from serving the senate. When Qui Gon was killed on a mission dictated by the Senate, it was the straw Sidious used to finally sway Dooku into serving him.

So, there is Dooku- the dark lord with him and Qui Gon is victorious in the holo projection of events. Instead of being crushed Dooku is resolved and fights Sidious- unfortunately the Dark Lord of the Sith is too much for him (I imagine) and the Count is latter found burned at his estate causing an uproar in the reformist and separatist circles- signs indicate a saber was used- the weapon of a Jedi and thus allegations turn towards them. It's become apparent to the worlds that the Jedi are pawns of the republic and with the conditions surrounding Dooku's death Palaptine still gets his war- only now another figure must rise to lead the movement.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 am

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Honestly just open a Harvey Birdman episode and stark looking through the roster.

Well, I suppose. So, what's the premise of an RP in this setting?

I dunno really know what I was going to do with it tbh. I just had the idea one day and then got distracted.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:As cool as Maul was, there is something so aesthetically pleasing watching Count Dooku's elegant mikashi style in motion:

I too like his style and he remains my favorite character from the Clone Wars Era (primarily his film iteration). In regards to how Qui Gon could have influence Dooku one has to consider where he was when Qui Gon was killed.

He was already seeing the corruption in the Jedi Order and was seeing such also in the Senate. When the Jedi began serving the Republic rather then the will of the force, and began dying for such will- Dooku vowed he'd leave the order if such continued. Another such mission happened and in honoring his word Dooku left the order a nd reclaimed his birth right title of Count. Where he intended to use his influence to combat the corruption of the republic and write about what he saw as the decline of the Jedi Order. He began to voice the opinion that the Republic needed to be reformed or otherwise disbanded in favor of a new system of government- one less centralized.

As Paplatine Sidious sowed greater seeds through interation for Dooku's turn. Dooku was approached by Sidious at the Count's estate, as Dooku had felt the dark lords influence- and Sidius saw in Dooku an asset he could use. Sidious showed him what was going on in real time on Naboo- the battle unfolding. This was the moment Sidious, hoped would at last crush Dooku's hope for the Jedi order. His apprentice- Qui Gon one person Dooku knew was in a position to bring the order back into focus, yet Qui Gon was not recieving a seat on the council because he was so outspoken but unlike Dooku Qui Gon had not left. Qui Gon had carried on the work Dooku had as a Jedi before Dooku left- trying to divert the council from serving the senate. When Qui Gon was killed on a mission dictated by the Senate, it was the straw Sidious used to finally sway Dooku into serving him.

So, there is Dooku- the dark lord with him and Qui Gon is victorious in the holo projection of events. Instead of being crushed Dooku is resolved and fights Sidious- unfortunately the Dark Lord of the Sith is too much for him (I imagine) and the Count is latter found burned at his estate causing an uproar in the reformist and separatist circles- signs indicate a saber was used- the weapon of a Jedi and thus allegations turn towards them. It's become apparent to the worlds that the Jedi are pawns of the republic and with the conditions surrounding Dooku's death Palaptine still gets his war- only now another figure must rise to lead the movement.

An interesting alternate scenario - perhaps Sidious would have nominated Ventress in his stead - or maybe not since it had to be someone with significant political sway AND a Force sensitive. Can't picture who other beside Dooku could fit both - maybe Sidious would have taken Ventress as his apprentice who in turn controlled some political figure.

How do you interpret Dooku's final moments? He did not betray Sidious despite being betrayed himself - did he face death with dignity and resolve for the Sith Grand Plan or was he just too shocked and surprised to process the situation clearly?

Tragic - in the beginning Dooku's goals were noble, arguably selfless. But it makes me question - could the Jedi have been allowed to operate independently of the Senate's will - acting as servants to the will of the Force itself yet still be allowed to reside and operate within the Republic? It seems to me that their change from warriors to civil servants was kind of inevitable in the aftermath of the Ruusan Reformation which might have been the long term progenitor of the Jedi's fall - these powerful beings needing to be held accountable to their normal peers (can you blame them after all the long wars involving the use and abuse of the Force) - could it have been avoided in spite of the aforementioned reformation?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I too like his style and he remains my favorite character from the Clone Wars Era (primarily his film iteration). In regards to how Qui Gon could have influence Dooku one has to consider where he was when Qui Gon was killed.

An interesting alternate scenario - perhaps Sidious would have nominated Ventress in his stead - or maybe not since it had to be someone with significant political sway AND a Force sensitive. Can't picture who other beside Dooku could fit both - maybe Sidious would have taken Ventress as his apprentice who in turn controlled some political figure.

How do you interpret Dooku's final moments? He did not betray Sidious despite being betrayed himself - did he face death with dignity and resolve for the Sith Grand Plan or was he just too shocked and surprised to process the situation clearly?

Tragic - in the beginning Dooku's goals were noble, arguably selfless. But it makes me question - could the Jedi have been allowed to operate independently of the Senate's will - acting as servants to the will of the Force itself yet still be allowed to reside and operate within the Republic? It seems to me that their change from warriors to civil servants was kind of inevitable in the aftermath of the Ruusan Reformation which might have been the long term progenitor of the Jedi's fall - these powerful beings needing to be held accountable to their normal peers (can you blame them after all the long wars involving the use and abuse of the Force) - could it have been avoided in spite of the aforementioned reformation?

I don't think it could have been averted after the reforms and I can not blame the senate for wanting the order to be accountable.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 am

The Jedi are the real villains if you ask me, the Sith no better of course.

Why choose sides when you can just simply be a good man and defend your home and your people? To live without emotion is no way to live and to be controlled only by your emotions is not any way to live either. Moderation is key, and neither side acknowledges that. You either live the life of a supposedly serene and emotionless sociopathic Jedi or the passionate and emotion filled life of a psychopathic Sith.

I'd totally fight for the Empire though, because at least with a system in power you cna try to reform it. Birthing a system from total anarchy is not possible.

Still would be a Sith over a Jedi, nothing says that you have to obey their teachings, plenty give the Sith order the middle finger and do their own thing - where as if I remember the Grey Jedi despite their name are treated the same way by the jedi order as the order treats sith. Star Wars, where I will gladly be Chaotic Evil just to punch an old arrogant man in the face :P
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 am

Mmph.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Kylantha wrote:Mmph.

KY's BACK! :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Yoda vs Dooku, except its animated and has background music from the Battle of Mustafar, which is surprisingly fitting given the Master vs former Padawan context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSR08ODsdw

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:The Jedi are the real villains if you ask me, the Sith no better of course.

Why choose sides when you can just simply be a good man and defend your home and your people? To live without emotion is no way to live and to be controlled only by your emotions is not any way to live either. Moderation is key, and neither side acknowledges that. You either live the life of a supposedly serene and emotionless sociopathic Jedi or the passionate and emotion filled life of a psychopathic Sith.

I'd totally fight for the Empire though, because at least with a system in power you cna try to reform it. Birthing a system from total anarchy is not possible.

Still would be a Sith over a Jedi, nothing says that you have to obey their teachings, plenty give the Sith order the middle finger and do their own thing - where as if I remember the Grey Jedi despite their name are treated the same way by the jedi order as the order treats sith. Star Wars, where I will gladly be Chaotic Evil just to punch an old arrogant man in the face :P

I think Qui Gon Jinn served as an ideal example - a Jedi that wasn't a pawn of the Senate and lived following 'the will of the force' sometimes even in defiance of the politically inclined or otherwise dogmatic Jedi Council. He must have been on to something since he was the first to rediscover the Force Ghost technique and passed the knowledge onto Yoda himself. Not to mention his discovery of the Chosen One, perhaps guided by the Force.

I think when trained to become a Force wielder having a normal life is out of the question as one is mandated with a higher calling and must rise above selfish gain. I don't believe in Gray Jedi who can supposedly maintain a 'middle ground' between light and dark. Letting one's emotions run to an extent and forming connections, making themselves vulnerable to an outburst of passion and innate selfishness because they let the groundwork exist and just work on the naive assumption they won't be consumed.

Exceptions exist of course - Mace Windu's Vapaad that recycled his inner darkness into light and Luke, son of the Chosen One who would become emotional without succumbing to the dark side but in most cases I believe dabbling in the dark side means playing with fire, one way or another the user will get burnt.

The light side is what I believe to be right - I would disagree with those who became a Sith or Gray Jedi because they thought it was more complete than pure allegiance to the light. I see Force wielding as a great power comes great responsibility kind of deal - it must be used for a greater good outside oneself, not for individual power or selfishness. I think a mistake with the Jedi Order was that there were too many of them - inevitably there would be members more inclined towards using the force for themselves rather than be used by the Force.

Kylantha wrote:Mmph.

Hey Saes :)
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm

I am trying to ease myself back into P2tM after such a long time of doing regional stuff.

I feel like it dried me out.

So I'm going to get some practice here.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Kylantha wrote:I am trying to ease myself back into P2tM after such a long time of doing regional stuff.

*happy drums*

What you into Ky :D ? Fantasy, Sci-Fi, both? , Something of a slice of life? School story? Want to be an anthropomorphic pizza? To sell sand to the Arabians?
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:43 am

Harbertia wrote:
Kylantha wrote:I am trying to ease myself back into P2tM after such a long time of doing regional stuff.

*happy drums*

What you into Ky :D ? Fantasy, Sci-Fi, both? , Something of a slice of life? School story? Want to be an anthropomorphic pizza? To sell sand to the Arabians?

I remember a player who was a carton of chocolate milk.

We got Stories in the Forest that's gone both really fast and slow at different times that plays around with mystery and horror set in a retro present that never quite got over the 80s.

We could return to an old RP for nostalgia or give it a new spin in an alternate setting.

We could try out realism to see if it can be made interesting.

We could go for something new altogether in a familiar genre.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:21 am

Harbertia wrote:

*happy drums*

Both of those genres I really like. I've done slice of life Rps before, as well as school stories. But I really enjoy character based fantasy stuff. Zombies, heroes, aliens, that sort of stuff.

Not really interested in being a pizza, nor selling sand to anyone.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Kylantha wrote:
Harbertia wrote:*happy drums*

Both of those genres I really like. I've done slice of life Rps before, as well as school stories. But I really enjoy character based fantasy stuff. Zombies, heroes, aliens, that sort of stuff.

hahhaa Well we dont' actually have a lot of RPs going on- Like I've got work going on a star Trek one and the Forest RP is slow but - not really something one can right up join as a new character in. As for the rest- no one else has anything up :(
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:33 am

Harbertia wrote:
Kylantha wrote:Both of those genres I really like. I've done slice of life Rps before, as well as school stories. But I really enjoy character based fantasy stuff. Zombies, heroes, aliens, that sort of stuff.

hahhaa Well we dont' actually have a lot of RPs going on- Like I've got work going on a star Trek one and the Forest RP is slow but - not really something one can right up join as a new character in. As for the rest- no one else has anything up :(

*clears throat* thought I'd check here to see if anything interesting was going on (yes I am a member of the group), saw your comment and figured I'd say I totally agree... There seems to be a general lack of joinable character RPs atm :(

Having said that, it looks like char based RPs may not be the flavour of the month. I've been trying to get a hero RP off the ground for a little while. Feels like an uphill battle with that one :P

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am

It's okay. I just.. I just joined an RP recently.

Uhm. Semipternal. Yeah.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Harbertia wrote:hahhaa Well we dont' actually have a lot of RPs going on- Like I've got work going on a star Trek one and the Forest RP is slow but - not really something one can right up join as a new character in. As for the rest- no one else has anything up :(

*clears throat* thought I'd check here to see if anything interesting was going on (yes I am a member of the group), saw your comment and figured I'd say I totally agree... There seems to be a general lack of joinable character RPs atm :(

Having said that, it looks like char based RPs may not be the flavour of the month. I've been trying to get a hero RP off the ground for a little while. Feels like an uphill battle with that one :P

I had been working on a project of that genre last year but- not presently.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Well, if anyone does start up a fantasy character RP, you can count me in. It's like a desert on the boards!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Harbertia wrote:hahhaa Well we dont' actually have a lot of RPs going on- Like I've got work going on a star Trek one and the Forest RP is slow but - not really something one can right up join as a new character in. As for the rest- no one else has anything up :(

Though i am not able to be on much, it is things such as this which have made me think of doing smaller rps based on Discord or the like.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm so unfocused right now.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Though i am not able to be on much, it is things such as this which have made me think of doing smaller rps based on Discord or the like.

I'm not a huge fan of discord... mostly because I am out of time zone with most of NS

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:52 pm

I’ve not visited this thread in awhile.... Can anyone catch me up?

Also, would anyone be willing to answer some questions regarding an (old) idea of mine?
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Rynagria wrote:I’ve not visited this thread in awhile.... Can anyone catch me up?

Also, would anyone be willing to answer some questions regarding an (old) idea of mine?

I'm willing, and not much. Forest is still going slowly, and it's the only RP I know of form this group on NS- there are projects on Discord but here it's just Forest as far as I know. Slowly crawling along.
Tomorrow is made today.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Rynagria wrote:I’ve not visited this thread in awhile.... Can anyone catch me up?

I'm willing, and not much. Forest is still going slowly, and it's the only RP I know of form this group on NS- there are projects on Discord but here it's just Forest as far as I know. Slowly crawling along.

Ah, good to know that you guys have an RP!

Oh yeah, Harb what do you think of DnD?
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse