NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:But... what ideas do I even want to communicate?

That's something I wonder about the Sala story- it sounds interesting to me but I have no message in mind for it. Like- what is even the point of it? Like- for me doing it is something I find interesting simply for exploring the social dynamics of the setting but if you asked me 'do I have a message' I would say 'no' as I don't - I'm just exploring a scenario... a dark one but exploring it none the less.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:But... what ideas do I even want to communicate?

That's something I wonder about the Sala story- it sounds interesting to me but I have no message in mind for it. Like- what is even the point of it? Like- for me doing it is something I find interesting simply for exploring the social dynamics of the setting but if you asked me 'do I have a message' I would say 'no' as I don't - I'm just exploring a scenario... a dark one but exploring it none the less.

I see - forced to flee her home, exploring the world, forming relationships and making decisions on the kind of person she is and who she wants to be.

Maybe there doesn't have to be a core message - maybe its a fun escape into an imaginary world, something to care about and emotionally invest in the passage of the fictional lives passing by, maybe its a practice of empathy and the fulfilment of seeing these characters achieve their goals and the various paths they can take giving expanded insight on who they are.

But nothing to directly teach the reader - perhaps that's just not the purpose of fantasy, its meant to be fun and heart wrenching, compensating for the mundane of the real world. Maybe?

However Sal seems to have sociological undertones from the outline you posted - a predator and prey working together for shared survival, her views on power dynamics such as how slavery seeming a practical solution to create a functional society, whether she desires to claim the throne of her homeland and what sort of ruler would she be or if she'd rather keep travelling or settle elsewhere.

It seems a series of adventures but what is the goal? That can vary depending on the player but the journey itself must matter, the journey of living and changing and whether achieving the goals matter more than living to strive to them - it does become somewhat allegorical for the human struggle at that point.

Execution is another matter entirely...
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That's something I wonder about the Sala story- it sounds interesting to me but I have no message in mind for it. Like- what is even the point of it? Like- for me doing it is something I find interesting simply for exploring the social dynamics of the setting but if you asked me 'do I have a message' I would say 'no' as I don't - I'm just exploring a scenario... a dark one but exploring it none the less.

I see - forced to flee her home, exploring the world, forming relationships and making decisions on the kind of person she is and who she wants to be.

Maybe there doesn't have to be a core message - maybe its a fun escape into an imaginary world, something to care about and emotionally invest in the passage of the fictional lives passing by, maybe its a practice of empathy and the fulfilment of seeing these characters achieve their goals and the various paths they can take giving expanded insight on who they are.

But nothing to directly teach the reader - perhaps that's just not the purpose of fantasy, its meant to be fun and heart wrenching, compensating for the mundane of the real world. Maybe?

However Sal seems to have sociological undertones from the outline you posted - a predator and prey working together for shared survival, her views on power dynamics such as how slavery seeming a practical solution to create a functional society, whether she desires to claim the throne of her homeland and what sort of ruler would she be or if she'd rather keep travelling or settle elsewhere.

It seems a series of adventures but what is the goal? That can vary depending on the player but the journey itself must matter, the journey of living and changing and whether achieving the goals matter more than living to strive to them - it does become somewhat allegorical for the human struggle at that point.

Execution is another matter entirely...

Indeed, adopting my now lost short stories turned RPG on NS into a CYOA style Visual Novel is a challenge.

I've enjoyed Sala, I explored the world with her through the light and the dark- the heartwarming and repulsive- to some of the more hilarious moments. Yet even while I've lost those stories I still have the character, and know that where she got to could have been very different had other decisions been made.

That one about Melody for example, or the toad- I like the CYOA/Visual Novel idea- to see where others take her character. She could be many things, and in my stories had for a time given up on the crown until after Max left her and she saw war between two settlements and aided Haven in the defense- after that she went to reclaim her throne but it was- not working out. Those that would support her where not to her liking, more akin to her mother- Sala having been the 'weakest' of the twelve. Plus n one wants to be bound again after being free... in short in my adventures she returned too soon having not the allies to aid her in that recovery.

Oh she had plans though- reforms to the slave system and also personal plans regarding the Chairman of the Council who governed after the mongoose left the liberated land. Her plan was to eventually have him surrender the realm to her, interview him on the condition of the state, executive him (by consumption) for his role in the revolution after thanking him should the state be in good order, and then to abduct those who had aided in her escape long ago for a private function so their fellow countrymen would still not suspect their role- she wanted to ask them why they helped her and in doing so get answers, one of which in my stories was Melody. I never wrote far enough for her to retake the land and it didnt' seem she would but maybe players will have a better shot at such an achievement. Maybe even outsider aid so they don't have to appease the wicked local support- or for the darker players maybe Sala will impress them with her change in exile. I do want to explore more possibilities.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:17 pm

I don't know if Titans still has a running list of RPs, but I'm doing a reboot of an old G-Tech RP for those who might be interested.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:19 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:I don't know if Titans still has a running list of RPs, but I'm doing a reboot of an old G-Tech RP for those who might be interested.

I have not seen that RP in a long time.... a long time. It's great to see a project rebooted like this.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I don't know if Titans still has a running list of RPs, but I'm doing a reboot of an old G-Tech RP for those who might be interested.

I have not seen that RP in a long time.... a long time. It's great to see a project rebooted like this.

Feels good to bring it back. G's running a tribe management RP now, but it doesn't have quite the same feel as character mechanics RPs always do. Not sure what it is about them, but I always come back to mechanics RPs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:23 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I have not seen that RP in a long time.... a long time. It's great to see a project rebooted like this.

Feels good to bring it back. G's running a tribe management RP now, but it doesn't have quite the same feel as character mechanics RPs always do. Not sure what it is about them, but I always come back to mechanics RPs.

Character RPs remain my favorite. I don't have as much to deal with as a player; as I would a nation RP for example. Just my character; where they are, what they want, and who they are with.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Feels good to bring it back. G's running a tribe management RP now, but it doesn't have quite the same feel as character mechanics RPs always do. Not sure what it is about them, but I always come back to mechanics RPs.

Character RPs remain my favorite. I don't have as much to deal with as a player; as I would a nation RP for example. Just my character; where they are, what they want, and who they are with.

I think the main thing about mechanics for me is that it gives me a baseline to tell a story around. The downside, of course, is that sometimes the mechanics end up coming first and the story second, but that's the price I pay.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:28 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Character RPs remain my favorite. I don't have as much to deal with as a player; as I would a nation RP for example. Just my character; where they are, what they want, and who they are with.

I think the main thing about mechanics for me is that it gives me a baseline to tell a story around. The downside, of course, is that sometimes the mechanics end up coming first and the story second, but that's the price I pay.

I like them as they help carry the story on. Sometimes players don't want to fail but with mechanics they might and that takes the story in interesting directions. The first Gamma World RP I hosted on NS used stats, and roles- leading to some awesome battles and interactions. I like the element of risk that comes with the use of mechanics.
Tomorrow is made today.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I think the main thing about mechanics for me is that it gives me a baseline to tell a story around. The downside, of course, is that sometimes the mechanics end up coming first and the story second, but that's the price I pay.

I like them as they help carry the story on. Sometimes players don't want to fail but with mechanics they might and that takes the story in interesting directions. The first Gamma World RP I hosted on NS used stats, and roles- leading to some awesome battles and interactions. I like the element of risk that comes with the use of mechanics.

Yeah, I definitely agree. That's a key benefit.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:44 pm

====PREVIEW====

The World of Zid - Elven Legacy

PART ONE
-Spring-

PART TWO
-Summer-

PART THREE
-Fall-

PART FOUR
-Winter-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like one of our greatest group RPs this Four Part story has themes planned and published ahead of time yet follows a cast of characters from the start to the finish of events with like our greatest project the last planned one being a climatic devastating event. We'll see if that carries on or like our great project this one diverts it's course.

The RP is set in the World of Zid many thousands of years ago during 'The Time of Many Saplings" - the Elven Dominion has crumbled and from it has grown various free states seeking a future much like saplings racing for the light of the sun. Our adventures take place during this era.

Can you guess where it's going? Love to discuss the topic! :D Hope to see you here!

Harbertia's Character Concept;
Half-Elf Spellsword (Battle Mage)
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm

One of the players I was interested in having involved has retracted their involvement in the World of Zid. In light of this lose I've become less motivated to launch The World of Zid Elven Legacy Four Part RP series.

While I would likely get new players my drive has been damaged, and thus the project is now on hold.
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am

During the periods of time I have without internet i have thought of many rp concepts and revisions to past concepts. Recently my niece and nephew have been watching Batman the animated series, and i have started to think a bit on both Batman: Legacies and Gotham the coming storms.

Gotham: The Coming Storm

Gotham has never been a peaceful place, even before the Batman and his rogues gallery emerged. Over the years conventional crime has died down as Batman and his foes have become more commonplace. Batman and Gotham both have faced many trials over the years, most perpetrated by villains, criminals of all types. Of the many foes faced there is one who stands above the rest, the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker. He was not just an insane villain with great cunning, he was akin to a force of nature and possessed a charisma which could even enthrall the other villains of Gotham from time to time. He has terrorized Gotham for many years, almost as long as Batman had protected the city.

Though the Joker is arguably the greatest of the foes Batman has faced there are still others who have plagued Gotham and the Bat Family. Many of these villains were victims of the chaotic nature of fair Gotham, Mr Freeze, Two-Face, and others are among them. Regardless of their origins the majority of these villains are greatly feared and respected by Gotham and its denizens. Despite the fact that Batman and his kin have been outnumbered against their fanatic foes they have fought valiantly. At first Batman fought alone, but over the years he has gained allies in the form of the GCPD, other heroes and even raised a few prodigies of his own.

Around a year ago the Joker organized a certain event (think up and insert Humorous crime here). All was going well for the Clown Prince during that particular caper, then the Bat showed up as usual. What had started as a great night quickly went downhill, the beginning of the end started with Joker and Batman grappling on the roof. They were locked together in a struggle, each outdoing the other in some way, at the end Joker broke away and began to flee with some assistance. That assistance was in the form of Harley Quinn and a cadre of henchmen, all in military helicopters. Joker dove off the tower into the water below just as Harley let a swarm of rockets from a chopper.

When the smoke cleared most of the top of the tower was gone, no sign of Batman and when Joker's goons combed the water Joker was gone as well. Over the next few weeks neither hide nor hair was seen of Batman or Joker. Though they were missing, no one dared to act, there had been plenty of times where one or the other was 'missing' only to return at a later time. As time passed however, many began to think that neither the Bat nor the Clown Prince of Crime would come back, that they were both dead.

As this realization set in Harley Quinn went somewhat more mad in her grief, she led what remained of Jokers gang on a reign of terror throughout Gotham. The GCPD did what they could, but other villains had taken advantage of Harley's grief and caused trouble as well. Just as things looked dire, Nightwing and other associates of the Bat family stepped in and things calmed down. Harley seemed to vanish after her antics were dealt with and her gang imprisoned.

A relative peace once more enveloped Gotham, but only for a time, Nightwing had obligations with the Titans and the other Heroes could not devote their full time to Gotham. The various villains of Gotham have come to realize that it is only a matter of time before they are able to strike. The various scum and lowlifes of Gotham were not the only ones to realize this, Nightwing did, as have others outside Gotham. Now various people of all types, Heroes, Villains, and others are all making their way towards Gotham, hopefully it can weather the Coming Storm.

This concept is kind of a reboot of Gotham: The Coming Storm and Batman Legacies, which would feature new heroes adn villains following the 'legacies of previous beings of Gotham. G: NB will start similarly to TCS, but will be a bit different. IC'ly it will begin with Batman confronting the Joker after one 'hilarious' crime or another. They will be fighting it out atop a building, Harley Quinn will fire a rocket from a chopper, but both the Joker and Batman will fall and be presumed dead. The actual start of the IC will begin with an acquaintance of Dick Grayson, now Nightwing, showing up at Wayne Manor, give a bit of history and stuff. I might keep this as a strict reboot for The Coming Storm, and make New Blood take place in a futuristic neo-gotham with a new person taking up the mantle of Batman.

Anyways the gist/concept of the rp will be the greatest hero and criminal of Gotham have both been missing for cllose to a year. After a several month period of chaos following Harley Quinn going grief crazed things have been quiet. The old blood, the old criminal forces of gotham have been consolidating their forces and waiting. Most of the Bat family have left gotham or are no longer masked crime fighters within the city.

Seeing the unstable state of the city villains from elsewhere, other cities and newer villains have begun to approach, either to join the older infamous criminals or fight them for their own slice of Gotham. Meanwhile what few allies of Batman remain have begun to reach out to aqcuaintances and Heroes in other cities for help, knowing that it is only a matter of time before the city falls into Chaos. Aside from Batman, the Joker, and a few others most of the characters people know will be playable and in the city still.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:During the periods of time I have without internet i have thought of many rp concepts and revisions to past concepts. Recently my niece and nephew have been watching Batman the animated series, and i have started to think a bit on both Batman: Legacies and Gotham the coming storms.

Gotham has never been a peaceful place, even before the Batman and his rogues gallery emerged. Over the years conventional crime has died down as Batman and his foes have become more commonplace. Batman and Gotham both have faced many trials over the years, most perpetrated by villains, criminals of all types. Of the many foes faced there is one who stands above the rest, the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker. He was not just an insane villain with great cunning, he was akin to a force of nature and possessed a charisma which could even enthrall the other villains of Gotham from time to time. He has terrorized Gotham for many years, almost as long as Batman had protected the city.

Though the Joker is arguably the greatest of the foes Batman has faced there are still others who have plagued Gotham and the Bat Family. Many of these villains were victims of the chaotic nature of fair Gotham, Mr Freeze, Two-Face, and others are among them. Regardless of their origins the majority of these villains are greatly feared and respected by Gotham and its denizens. Despite the fact that Batman and his kin have been outnumbered against their fanatic foes they have fought valiantly. At first Batman fought alone, but over the years he has gained allies in the form of the GCPD, other heroes and even raised a few prodigies of his own.

Around a year ago the Joker organized a certain event (think up and insert Humorous crime here). All was going well for the Clown Prince during that particular caper, then the Bat showed up as usual. What had started as a great night quickly went downhill, the beginning of the end started with Joker and Batman grappling on the roof. They were locked together in a struggle, each outdoing the other in some way, at the end Joker broke away and began to flee with some assistance. That assistance was in the form of Harley Quinn and a cadre of henchmen, all in military helicopters. Joker dove off the tower into the water below just as Harley let a swarm of rockets from a chopper.

When the smoke cleared most of the top of the tower was gone, no sign of Batman and when Joker's goons combed the water Joker was gone as well. Over the next few weeks neither hide nor hair was seen of Batman or Joker. Though they were missing, no one dared to act, there had been plenty of times where one or the other was 'missing' only to return at a later time. As time passed however, many began to think that neither the Bat nor the Clown Prince of Crime would come back, that they were both dead.

As this realization set in Harley Quinn went somewhat more mad in her grief, she led what remained of Jokers gang on a reign of terror throughout Gotham. The GCPD did what they could, but other villains had taken advantage of Harley's grief and caused trouble as well. Just as things looked dire, Nightwing and other associates of the Bat family stepped in and things calmed down. Harley seemed to vanish after her antics were dealt with and her gang imprisoned.

A relative peace once more enveloped Gotham, but only for a time, Nightwing had obligations with the Titans and the other Heroes could not devote their full time to Gotham. The various villains of Gotham have come to realize that it is only a matter of time before they are able to strike. The various scum and lowlifes of Gotham were not the only ones to realize this, Nightwing did, as have others outside Gotham. Now various people of all types, Heroes, Villains, and others are all making their way towards Gotham, hopefully it can weather the Coming Storm.

This concept is kind of a reboot of Gotham: The Coming Storm and Batman Legacies, which would feature new heroes adn villains following the 'legacies of previous beings of Gotham. G: NB will start similarly to TCS, but will be a bit different. IC'ly it will begin with Batman confronting the Joker after one 'hilarious' crime or another. They will be fighting it out atop a building, Harley Quinn will fire a rocket from a chopper, but both the Joker and Batman will fall and be presumed dead. The actual start of the IC will begin with an acquaintance of Dick Grayson, now Nightwing, showing up at Wayne Manor, give a bit of history and stuff. I might keep this as a strict reboot for The Coming Storm, and make New Blood take place in a futuristic neo-gotham with a new person taking up the mantle of Batman.

Anyways the gist/concept of the rp will be the greatest hero and criminal of Gotham have both been missing for cllose to a year. After a several month period of chaos following Harley Quinn going grief crazed things have been quiet. The old blood, the old criminal forces of gotham have been consolidating their forces and waiting. Most of the Bat family have left gotham or are no longer masked crime fighters within the city.

Seeing the unstable state of the city villains from elsewhere, other cities and newer villains have begun to approach, either to join the older infamous criminals or fight them for their own slice of Gotham. Meanwhile what few allies of Batman remain have begun to reach out to aqcuaintances and Heroes in other cities for help, knowing that it is only a matter of time before the city falls into Chaos. Aside from Batman, the Joker, and a few others most of the characters people know will be playable and in the city still.

My interest has turned to Batman recently as I've been playing the Telltale series (finished episode 2 a few moments ago). I think the history of Gotham is interesting and remember the Animated Series fondly. In short, I'm in.

Not sure what sort of character I'll play. I recall that last time I joined one of those RPs of yours I applied for the role of Viktor Fries (in Gotham: Tempest Rising) :p but in line with this concept I'll do my best to devise a new character- hero or villain has yet to be seen.

Batman's a favorite hero of mine, and of the antagonist he's faced Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy are my favorites. Thus far my ideas are 'revisions' of previous characters- kind of a legacy you could say. But in regards to an OC I'll have to think and consider the psychology regarding what I devise.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm

I'm hoping my newest slice of Life project doesn't suffer the same fate as others I have tried....

I like to study societies- and I tend to offer up more 'dark' details then needed for a daily life RP- giving players a rebellious approach to the setting.

Putting a lid on such details or presenting them in a way that doesn't put them negatively is a challenge- like it's realities of the setting- something people I think should know going into it.

But I get that's not how players will see it, so I've got to be positive... I could leave out all the negative but I know if I do players will create their own for the setting- and that can be far worse.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm

A late announced happy new year everyone, lets see how fast 2019 will pass.

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:During the periods of time I have without internet i have thought of many rp concepts and revisions to past concepts. Recently my niece and nephew have been watching Batman the animated series, and i have started to think a bit on both Batman: Legacies and Gotham the coming storms.

My interest has turned to Batman recently as I've been playing the Telltale series (finished episode 2 a few moments ago). I think the history of Gotham is interesting and remember the Animated Series fondly. In short, I'm in.

Not sure what sort of character I'll play. I recall that last time I joined one of those RPs of yours I applied for the role of Viktor Fries (in Gotham: Tempest Rising) :p but in line with this concept I'll do my best to devise a new character- hero or villain has yet to be seen.

Batman's a favorite hero of mine, and of the antagonist he's faced Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy are my favorites. Thus far my ideas are 'revisions' of previous characters- kind of a legacy you could say. But in regards to an OC I'll have to think and consider the psychology regarding what I devise.

Its too bad Telltale shut down, I was really looking forward to Wolf Among Us 2. Kind of miss FMG too - back when Charm was also involved.

You've got to get to Batman Season 2 The Enemy Within - I think its generally an improvement from the first season and the Batman-Joker dynamic actually takes a sympathetic turn. Although the theme song for Season 1 I think it still better.

Have you seen Gotham, the TV series?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:A late announced happy new year everyone, lets see how fast 2019 will pass.

Harbertia wrote:My interest has turned to Batman recently as I've been playing the Telltale series (finished episode 2 a few moments ago). I think the history of Gotham is interesting and remember the Animated Series fondly. In short, I'm in.

Its too bad Telltale shut down, I was really looking forward to Wolf Among Us 2. Kind of miss FMG too - back when Charm was also involved.

You've got to get to Batman Season 2 The Enemy Within - I think its generally an improvement from the first season and the Batman-Joker dynamic actually takes a sympathetic turn. Although the theme song for Season 1 I think it still better.

I haven't watched the show but I've seen trailers for it and it does look interesting. I've been looking forward to Wolf Among Us 2, and I have been missing FMG and Modern Mythos. Modern Mythos though was mostly my own 'Percy Jackson with an OC Pantheon and more factions'- so not quite as great as FMG.

I certainly do plan to get Season 2 The Enemy Within, having finished Season 1 I am interested to see how my decisions again come back to bite me and how I improve in handling what comes up. I'll have to hear the theme for Season 2 before making a decision on the song.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:A late announced happy new year everyone, lets see how fast 2019 will pass.

I haven't watched the show but I've seen trailers for it and it does look interesting. I've been looking forward to Wolf Among Us 2, and I have been missing FMG and Modern Mythos. Modern Mythos though was mostly my own 'Percy Jackson with an OC Pantheon and more factions'- so not quite as great as FMG.

I certainly do plan to get Season 2 The Enemy Within, having finished Season 1 I am interested to see how my decisions again come back to bite me and how I improve in handling what comes up. I'll have to hear the theme for Season 2 before making a decision on the song.

Funny you should mention Batman... I was not thinking of relaunching my perenial Batman rp but was thinking about two new ideas.

1. An RP "Memories of My Childhood, Fondly" which would be based on the idea of play a somewhat parodic or otherwise straight copy right infringement of cartoon characters. I can't decide if I want a genre or not but I was inspired by Alan Moore's most recentertaining and final incarnation of league of extraordinary gentlemen that has comedic things such as mergerging common book Mr. Apollo with the subject of a novelty song. Basically characters would be homage to other characters but over all it would tongue-in-cheek.

2. An idea that you might like specifically Harb, a kinda crossover of Hanna-Barbara where we build a world based on the premise of Hanna Barbara cartoons being the backdrop. They could be radical reimagininhd but the idea would be this is the universe of Johnny Quest, Scooby-Doo, and the Galaxy Trio etc.... let's make it work and make a story.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I haven't watched the show but I've seen trailers for it and it does look interesting. I've been looking forward to Wolf Among Us 2, and I have been missing FMG and Modern Mythos. Modern Mythos though was mostly my own 'Percy Jackson with an OC Pantheon and more factions'- so not quite as great as FMG.

Funny you should mention Batman... I was not thinking of relaunching my perenial Batman rp but was thinking about two new ideas.

1. An RP "Memories of My Childhood, Fondly" which would be based on the idea of play a somewhat parodic or otherwise straight copy right infringement of cartoon characters. I can't decide if I want a genre or not but I was inspired by Alan Moore's most recentertaining and final incarnation of league of extraordinary gentlemen that has comedic things such as mergerging common book Mr. Apollo with the subject of a novelty song. Basically characters would be homage to other characters but over all it would tongue-in-cheek.

2. An idea that you might like specifically Harb, a kinda crossover of Hanna-Barbara where we build a world based on the premise of Hanna Barbara cartoons being the backdrop. They could be radical reimagininhd but the idea would be this is the universe of Johnny Quest, Scooby-Doo, and the Galaxy Trio etc.... let's make it work and make a story.

Yes let us work on this 2nd idea together :D

Thankfully I'm administrator of the Animation & Cartoons Wiki, so I'll have something up for you to gander upon soon :)

Edit: Response delayed due to getting out of bed latter then usual and of course work.
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm

This is an idea of what we have to work with, list incomplete;

Hanna-Barbara Productions by Chronological Setting
The Flintstones - Prehistory
The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show - Prehistory
The New Fred and Barny Show - Prehistory

Quick Draw McGraw - the Old West

The Smurfs - Medieval Times

Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - 1950s
The Ruff and Reddy Show - the 1950s
The Huckleberryh Hound Show - the 1950s
Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks - the 1950s

Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy - 1950s & 1960s
Yogi Bear Show - the 1950s & 1960s
Hokey Wolf - the 1960s
Jonny Quest - 1960s
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!- the 1960s & 1970s

Challenge of the Super Friends - 1970s
Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space - 1970s but the group makes it back to Earth off season by the 1980s appearing in a New Scooby-Doo Movie or the film takes place before they vanish into space.
The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt - 1970s

Super Friends - 1970s & 1980s (in this case how Scooby could meet Batman as he did in that one film)
The Dukes - 1980s (The Dukes of Hazard Animated Series)
Teen Wolf - 1980s
Foofur - 1980s
Mork & Mindy - 1980s
Drak Pack - 1980s, Dracula's Great Great Nephew puts together a team of monsters to become superheros to make up for the ills of his ancestors. Dracula appears in the show, retired and reformed.
Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School - 1980s, shaggy is hired as a coach a private school for adolescent monster girls along with Scrappy and Scoob. Dracula's daughter attends the school.

Gravedale High - 1990s, due to a mix up of some kind a Human teacher ends up employed at a school for young monsters. There are indications of a budding monster subculture.

Sealab 2020 - the year 2020

The Jetsons - 2060s, Cities on stilts.

Jabberjaw - 2070s, Explores a civilization underwater as most of the world is underwater.

Space Ace and the Space Mutts - 2080s, features Astro from the Jetsons. Mostly set in outerspace.

Partidge Family 2200 A.D. - Originally suppose to be a show about the life an adult Judy and Elroy Jetson the series for one reason or another
ended up featuring the Partidge Family in the year 2200 A.D with no real reason why. Set in the year 2200.

------

My suggestion- have the RP set in the 2010s of the universe where nothing seems to be set. So between the rise of a peaceful monster subculture and the establishment of Sealab 2020 (built to explore sustained underwater settlement).

But as you say, we'll likley have to reimagine things and that's where I need you to elaborate so we can do just that on terms you accept- having presented them :)

EDIT: Remember how you said, 'radical reimagining'

Well seeing how Super Friends, Sealab 2020, and Jabberjaw are Hanna-Barbera this certainly counts as an example of what such a re-imagining might be like!
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Harbertia wrote:This is an idea of what we have to work with, list incomplete;

Hokey Wolf - the 1960s
Jonny Quest - 1960s

Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space - 1970s but the group makes it back to Earth off season by the 1980s appearing in a New Scooby-Doo Movie or the film takes place before they vanish into space.

Super Friends - 1970s & 1980s (in this case how Scooby could meet Batman as he did in that one film)
Teen Wolf - 1980s
Foofur - 1980s
Mork & Mindy - 1980s
Drak Pack - 1980s, Dracula's Great Great Nephew puts together a team of monsters to become superheros to make up for the ills of his ancestors. Dracula appears in the show, retired and reformed.
Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School - 1980s, shaggy is hired as a coach a private school for adolescent monster girls along with Scrappy and Scoob. Dracula's daughter attends the school.

Gravedale High - 1990s, due to a mix up of some kind a Human teacher ends up employed at a school for young monsters. There are indications of a budding monster subculture.

Jabberjaw - 2070s, Explores a civilization underwater as most of the world is underwater.

Space Ace and the Space Mutts - 2080s, features Astro from the Jetsons. Mostly set in outerspace.

Partidge Family 2200 A.D. - Originally suppose to be a show about the life an adult Judy and Elroy Jetson the series for one reason or another
ended up featuring the Partidge Family in the year 2200 A.D with no real reason why. Set in the year 2200.

------

My suggestion- have the RP set in the 2010s of the universe where nothing seems to be set. So between the rise of a peaceful monster subculture and the establishment of Sealab 2020 (built to explore sustained underwater settlement).

But as you say, we'll likley have to reimagine things and that's where I need you to elaborate so we can do just that on terms you accept- having presented them :)

Well seeing how Super Friends, Sealab 2020, and Jabberjaw are Hanna-Barbera this certainly counts as an example of what such a re-imagining might be like!

Wow I was going to say the first thing we would need is a list. The next step will be drawing so links between various groups... also we could anthropromorsize some of the cartoon animals into humans... or somehow otherwise use them in references and in-jokes.... I was thinking last night of how you could human characters that would be a nod to a secret squirrel. Obviously we wouldn't want to do so with scooby doo but quickdraw mcgraw or topcat might also be good choices.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:This is an idea of what we have to work with, list incomplete;

Hokey Wolf - the 1960s
Jonny Quest - 1960s

Teen Wolf - 1980s
Foofur - 1980s
Mork & Mindy - 1980s

------

Wow I was going to say the first thing we would need is a list. The next step will be drawing so links between various groups... also we could anthropromorsize some of the cartoon animals into humans... or somehow otherwise use them in references and in-jokes.... I was thinking last night of how you could human characters that would be a nod to a secret squirrel. Obviously we wouldn't want to do so with scooby doo but quickdraw mcgraw or topcat might also be good choices.

That sounds like a great route to take. Secret Squirel, Quickdraw, Topcat, - yeah those are great options for either of those with me thinking that the Human characters referencing them is the best route.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm

[quote="Harbertia";p="35158394"
Wow I was going to say the first thing we would need is a list. The next step will be drawing so links between various groups... also we could anthropromorsize some of the cartoon animals into humans... or somehow otherwise use them in references and in-jokes.... I was thinking last night of how you could human characters that would be a nod to a secret squirrel. Obviously we wouldn't want to do so with scooby doo but quickdraw mcgraw or topcat might also be good choices.[/quote]
That sounds like a great route to take. Secret Squirel, Quickdraw, Topcat, - yeah those are great options for either of those with me thinking that the Human characters referencing them is the best route.[/quote]
I was thinking it could be simple refrenves. like "Fetch that agent, you know, the squirrel one."

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That sounds like a great route to take. Secret Squirel, Quickdraw, Topcat, - yeah those are great options for either of those with me thinking that the Human characters referencing them is the best route.

I was thinking it could be simple refrenves. like "Fetch that agent, you know, the squirrel one."

XD hahahaha

'Get me the detective... what do you mean? Inch high? What sort of detective is an inch high?'
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:I was thinking it could be simple refrenves. like "Fetch that agent, you know, the squirrel one."

XD hahahaha

'Get me the detective... what do you mean? Inch high? What sort of detective is an inch high?'

Honestly just open a Harvey Birdman episode and stark looking through the roster.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse