NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:49 am

Still a bit fragmented in focus between the two RPs I'm hosting. The Galaxy is a vast place and I'm keeping up with stuff in so many parts of it- it's a giant painting with notes aht show themselves when I hover the house pointer over the locations of interest in my mind.

A big screen TV... eh... what I mean is it's a lot of RAM being utilized and the rest of my cells keep wanting to be distracted and it's overwelming. Though I suppose that's why it's called 'Random Access Memory'.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Actually, there is or was star wars lore that did say or at least hint that Earth does or did once exist in the SW universe.

On another note, i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard.

What if the characters really are fictional but are incarnated into the real world - reacting to learning that they and everything they know is a fiction imagined by real world human? Maybe even discovering their own fandom and the mixed bag of that experience.

Even Salvia Clement from the OM&T RP series could have a version incarnated into the base world - a copy not based on any particular past self but on how she is popularly perceived. Alternatively she could be based off how a specific real person personally regards her.

We could have them linked to some human Fate style as the characters duke it out in a battle royale and investigate the mysterious force that blurs the line between fantasy and reality that is responsible for their arrival.

We could have different versions of the same fictional characters - like Adam West Batman meeting Christian Bale Batman.

And they'd all have their special abilities that they're known for - and maybe the more popular they are the harder they're to kill (Wolf Among Us).

That could be interesting, might make an adaptation of a Fictional Reality for that concept.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'm looking for another OP for the Star Wars Ruusan Era to join myself and Brusia.

Right now the Co-Op structure is that while we both work on plot (with the two of us together working on threading the stories together in some web of relations) Brusia has superior authority over force affairs (Jedi politics, the Sith, etc) with myself handling other matters.

However I've found that due to prejudices on my part; or rather my own Lawful (and at times literal) nature underworld elements are ones I am not apt to portray- either I make characters too ... sympathetic or just crooked for crooked's sake. I also don't pick up on 'the low key' and other criminal mannerisms.

I thought I could handle the Judicial Forces, the Senate, Crime, etc-- but it's a vast galaxy with very diverse characters to tend to and my posts are taking days to get up. Further dividing jurisdiction and the circle for plot connectivity will be a great boon to the players who are eager to get started.

So even if you are not up for the criminal element (pretty much being the writer of the Underworld) your assistance in other matters will certainly be welcomed should you be qualified and hold interest in the RP. Between work, my brother being around after a long absence, and a need to change my diet (meat and bread as a diet has not been good to my brain and I'm having to introduce veggies) - I'm a bit overwelmed and apologies if that was too much information.

I just don't want my players to loose interest nor to disappoint them by being subpar after putting them through a challenging application process. Delegating some aspects to others will diminish my load and thus help focus my mind which has been spread out trying to grasp all that is happening.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

The Twelve Kingdoms

The Twelve Kingdoms are united under the Ming dynasty, which received the blessing of the Mandate of Heaven following Emperor Huo Wu Ki's bloody reign of terror which saw disenters, even holy men, burned in pyres. The Kingdom of Ming was the first to refuse to obey the Imperial decree and began a rebellion known as the Mingxing War after the star that burned on the day of victory. The King of Ming at the time, Shui Ming Cong ascended the steps into the Temple of Heaven and was declared the new Emperor. Cong's grandson, She Ming Lee, currently governs at 12 years of age leading to some uncertainty in this era. His accention to the throne came after his mother was found guilty of a plot to end his life. These troubles at the seat of the Empire have seeped down the ladder of power into the streets as the future remains uncertain.

Chan
Ho
Hu
Joseon (Korea inspired)
Mikado (Japan inspired)
Ming (China Inspired) - A North Central Kingdom
Srivijaya (Khmer/Laos Inspired) - Southern most kingdom.
Wei
Wu
Yarlung (Tibet Inspired)
Yuan

The Noble Paths
The Warrior:
The path of the Warrior focuses on strength. The Warrior can both take and deal respectable amounts of damage. The Warrior’s attacks consist of simple and straightforward physical blows. The Warrior lacks the arcane powers of the Monk, as well as the more elaborate and potentially devastating movements of the Artist. However, the Artist’s way involves more risk, and the Monk must carefully manage their chi reserves. The Warrior’s strength lies in consistency and reliability. Their attacks may not have the potential power of an Artist’s or a Monk’s, but they are never weak or ineffective, nor do they ever require the Warrior to hold back. The Warrior’s physical conditioning allows them to absorb attacks better than any other class. Warriors have high health and low chi.

The Artist:
The Artist (also known as the Artisan) primarily utilizes physical attacks that emphasise speed and agility. By striking with maximum force and precision, the Artist can deal more damage than the Warrior ever can. However, these elaborate manoeuvres carry an element of risk. If a strike misses its mark, the attack will deal less damage than a simpler blow from a Warrior would have. Artists are also able to tap into their chi to use powerful spiritual abilities; however, these will never be as powerful or as extensive as a Monk’s range of powers. The Artist’s speed and agility usually allow them to avoid being hit by their enemies. Unfortunately, their intense training in kung fu has left them little time for physical conditioning. If an opponent does manage to land their blows, an Artist will not remain standing for long. Artists have low health and moderate chi.

The Monk:
The Monk (also known as the Priest) has mastered conscious control over their mind, body, and spirit. A Monk has the ability to tap into his chi and utilize that power in the form of arcane spiritual abilities that can be more powerful than any physical action. Only the Monk has the training and self-discipline to use the most powerful of these abilities, as well as being able to command a wide range of them. However, any person’s chi reserves are finite, and one must meditate in order to replenish it. Monks have the unique ability to meditate even while in combat. Their training allows them to unconsciously perform basic defensive manoeuvres even while in a meditative state, but more powerful or complex attacks may get through. Monks also learn discipline of the body, and are conditioned to resist pain and physical injuries, but even so, they are not as resilient as the Warrior. They are also trained in physical combat, but this is never as powerful as the Warrior or the Artist. Monks have moderate health and high chi.

The Farmer:
The Farmer’s path may not be the most glamourous, but they are more in tune with their surroundings than any other. The Farmer learns the rhythm of the seasons and all life around them, and acts appropriately in any given time and place. The Farmer learns many different skills and strategies, and learns to use each one in its proper place. This broad focus means that the Farmer will never be as strong as the Warrior, or as nimble as the Artist, or as spiritually-gifted as the Monk. The Farmer’s strength lies in their versatility and adaptability. The Warrior, the Artist, and the Monk each devote themselves exclusively to a particular style. The Farmer on the other hand, may freely switch between them, matching each skill set to the situation at hand. Farmers have moderate health and moderate chi.

Beastfolk
"We where once spirits of the high realm, who where caste out. Now we are constantly reborn on this plane never to enter the high realm as other mortals do."

Beastfolk range from intelligent varieties of beasts to semi-human in form.

The Clans
Note: One's clan is determined by their character's mother; as in it's a Maternal inheritance.

Kōngqì (Air) - The Kongqi clan is deeply connected with the element of air, and inherit the power to manipulate it to their desire via the focus of their chi.

Huli (Fox) - The Huli are connected to the Kitsune, the Huli Jing (Fox Spirits), from which the Fox folk derive. They have no martial arts inherit to their name but have developed a magic of their own.

Huǒ (Fire) - The Huo clan is deeply connected with the element of air, and inherit the power to manipulate it to their desire via the focus of their chi. They are known as excellent smiths.

Lin (Forest) - The Lin clan is a common clan greatly present in all the kingdoms save in the far northern land of Yuan. The Lin have typically had an affinity for wild plants and have produced a number of famed Herbalists. Yet the most famous of the Lin was the architect of the Jade Palace during the reign of Emperor Kōngqì Wu Shang.

Shé (Snake) - The She clan are those connected with the snake folk. They specialize in martial arts inspired by the snake. They are most known for the creation of Gu- a powerful poison.

Shuǐ (Water) - The Shui clan is deeply connected with the element of water, and inherit the power to manipulate it to their desire via the focus of their chi.

Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[b]Kingdom[/b]: (Which Kingdom is character loyal to)
[b]Clan Name[/b]: (Clan of the Mother)
[b]Surname[/u]: (Father's Family Name)
[b]Personal Name[/u]: (Character's Face Name)

[b]Gender[/b]:

[b]Noble Path[/b]:

[b]Bio[/b]:

Characters
Character - Kingdom - Brief Info - Player

Xiake - The Xiake are an ancient order of warriors who follow the Code of Xia which stresses benevolence, justice, individualism, loyalty, courage, truthfulness, disregard for wealth, and desire for glory. Xiake tend to travel alone or in few numbers and unlike other orders have no uniformity in their appearance. As such they are not easily recognized. They code makes it their obligation to bring villains to justice and to repay benefactors after receiving good deeds. Many have been the unwary bandit who has ambushed one and many more those who have helped them not knowing who they have aided.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 am

Still no plot but I thought I'd get some assistance building this, and I didn't want to be accused of Necromancy- reviving the old thread.

-----------

I've thought of another organization for the setting;

The Coils
A She clan fellowship dedicated to protecting the clan's interest, expanding it's influence, and taking vengeance against those who strike against the clan. They are largely known for being assassins with elements borrowed from the Triads. It's seen as an invasive faction by most but as protectors by a number of the She.

That's all I've got.

I'd certainly enjoy collaboration on this.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 pm

I'd like to join this RP group!
Nation Name: New TUssia (main puppet is Tribe of Peace b/c my forums get mixed up between the two)
Interests/Genres/Fandoms: Character, Sci-fi, Superheroes, Fantasy, Medieval, Historical, Zombies, Post-Apocolyptic, Nation, Dystopia
Will not participate in: MLP, Pokèmon, Fandoms I don't know anything about.
Activity (how often you post): Usually between weekdays from 7AM-2PM CST
Time Zone (optional): CST UST
Do you hope to contribute?: Yes
Example: (don't really know what to post here so I'll do this to the best of my knowledge) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452412
Other: I dislike role plays about Angels/Demons because I have conflicting beliefs on how I assume they act and what they can do. Also, I am a grammar Nazi.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 pm

New Tussia wrote:I'd like to join this RP group!
Nation Name: New TUssia (main puppet is Tribe of Peace b/c my forums get mixed up between the two)
Interests/Genres/Fandoms: Character, Sci-fi, Superheroes, Fantasy, Medieval, Historical, Zombies, Post-Apocolyptic, Nation, Dystopia
Example: (don't really know what to post here so I'll do this to the best of my knowledge) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=452412
Other: I dislike role plays about Angels/Demons because I have conflicting beliefs on how I assume they act and what they can do. Also, I am a grammar Nazi.

^_^

Welcome, I shall vouch for you. PF will be a while in updating the list but for now welcome by one of the founders.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:

^_^

Welcome, I shall vouch for you. PF will be a while in updating the list but for now welcome by one of the founders.

Thanks b!
I found this looking at your guys' posts.
Also, I'm currently working on a possible RP based off of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (if you've heard of it)
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:08 pm

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:^_^

Thanks b!
Also, I'm currently working on a possible RP based off of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (if you've heard of it)

If I have I forgot.

*Looks it up*

Interesting :) What do you have in mind? The Titans group might not be as active as it once was but we do have a Post Apocalyptic setting- if you'd like to browse it. Perhaps you'll be able to use it's assets in your RP- but that will depend on what you have in mind. If you want to look it over before explaining what you have in mind I'll provide the link. Even if you can't use it for that project your interest in the genre might allow us to take part in such an RP as that setting.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:Thanks b!

If I have I forgot.

*Looks it up*

Interesting :) What do you have in mind? The Titans group might not be as active as it once was but we do have a Post Apocalyptic setting- if you'd like to browse it. Perhaps you'll be able to use it's assets in your RP- but that will depend on what you have in mind. If you want to look it over before explaining what you have in mind I'll provide the link. Even if you can't use it for that project your interest in the genre might allow us to take part in such an RP as that setting.

That's fine mate.
I haven't really thought of much; besides where the characters will meet (in the 100 Rads Bar) and what their mission(s) will be.
What I have so far:
So, the characters can be from any faction (Military, though, is a maybe) and some guy (me) is needing help going somewhere (location is yet to be established) and to defeat some kind of super-mutant or to get some artifacts.

Rest is yet to be decided.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 pm

My current story:
The date is April 22nd, 2011. S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs are common throughout the “Zone”. One such Stalker, Marakov Yuriev, has found something no one has before: Uranium. He found it on a trip with fellow Freedom Stalkers but were ambushed by a nest of Bloodsuckers. He was the only survivor. But, he won’t let that deter him. He knows where all the artifacts are and he is thinking of retiring; but, not after collecting a bunch of artifacts and being the first to fully map out the zone. He also keeps a journal of the zone he uses to list artifacts, anomalies, and mutants. He is one of the most well known Stalkers and is going to hire other Stalkers to help him complete his journal; with that, he will publish it and hopefully become a millionaire.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:56 pm

New Tussia wrote:My current story:
The date is April 22nd, 2011. S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs are common throughout the “Zone”. One such Stalker, Marakov Yuriev, has found something no one has before: Uranium. He found it on a trip with fellow Freedom Stalkers but were ambushed by a nest of Bloodsuckers. He was the only survivor. But, he won’t let that deter him. He knows where all the artifacts are and he is thinking of retiring; but, not after collecting a bunch of artifacts and being the first to fully map out the zone. He also keeps a journal of the zone he uses to list artifacts, anomalies, and mutants. He is one of the most well known Stalkers and is going to hire other Stalkers to help him complete his journal; with that, he will publish it and hopefully become a millionaire.

What role will the players have in this? Exploring after he publishes his work perhaps? It serving as a kind of guide?

*Also, sorry- first time this happened- there is or was a bug in my ear. I've squirted some Hydrogen Peroxide into the afflicted area and I'm- worried. I do apologize if I seem a bit nervous tonight after this.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:If I have I forgot.

*Looks it up*

That's fine mate.
I haven't really thought of much; besides where the characters will meet (in the 100 Rads Bar) and what their mission(s) will be.
What I have so far:
So, the characters can be from any faction (Military, though, is a maybe) and some guy (me) is needing help going somewhere (location is yet to be established) and to defeat some kind of super-mutant or to get some artifacts.

Rest is yet to be decided.

That sounds like a Gamma World adventure- of sorts. There is a Rad system in place, and exploring ruins, fighting mutants, and factions of course.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm

I could use that to improve my RP.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:17 pm

New Tussia wrote:I could use that to improve my RP.

PERFECT 8)
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:I could use that to improve my RP.

PERFECT 8)

Should I just post my progress on here or the wiki?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm

New Tussia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:PERFECT 8)

Should I just post my progress on here or the wiki?

it's best to do so here and then, if it catches on post on the wiki.

If it's in the same setting (Gamma World) we can discuss it as I'd like to hear, and such can more quickly be refined for the wiki and thus bring us closer to another RP. Expanding an existing setting is far easier when it comes to adding to the wiki ^_^

If a new setting, then it should be planned out a bit more via this thread and then the RP posted, if it catches on- getting two installments at least- it'll be added to the wiki :) We'd like to avoid crowding with the wiki with one offs.

Gamma World for example has had six installments solidifying it as a reliable setting when it comes to attracting interest :)
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I'd say it should be different than Gamma World.
As, it's highly based off of the game series S.T.A.L.K.E.R and takes place around 2011-forward.
With the RP i'll post the Wikia for S.T.A.L.K.E.R as most locations, mutants, weapons, and armour is the same.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Universe

Factions: https://stalker.fandom.com/wiki/Factions

Mutants: https://stalker.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_mutants

Armor: https://stalker.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_armors

Locations: https://stalker.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_locations

Application:

Name:
Faction (if applicable):
Weapon(s):
Bio:

Extras: If characters are in an irradiated area to long; their PDA will go off.
All characters have a PDA which can tell them info on the area they’re in and the rate of danger in said area.

Story:

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Now that I read it outside of Google Docs, it needs a lot of work!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm

New Tussia wrote:Now that I read it outside of Google Docs, it needs a lot of work!

Hey it's a start :) Plus as you said, you can use Gamma World material to improve the RP.

It's a bit like this RP we had going early on in the group- Zone Z; it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S is focused on a zone.

It's not an unfamiliar work to operate with. In fact I like setting that are that close together- say a community for example. So Stalkers being around Chernobyl is great to me.

For your project;

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]: (Description or image)
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Physique[/b]: (heavy set, slim, bulbous etc)
[b]Faction (if applicable)[/b]:
[b]Weapon(s)[/b]:
[b]Bio[/b]:
Tomorrow is made today.

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:
New Tussia wrote:Now that I read it outside of Google Docs, it needs a lot of work!

Hey it's a start :) Plus as you said, you can use Gamma World material to improve the RP.

It's a bit like this RP we had going early on in the group- Zone Z; it like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S is focused on a zone.

It's not an unfamiliar work to operate with. In fact I like setting that are that close together- say a community for example. So Stalkers being around Chernobyl is great to me.

For your project;

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]: (Description or image)
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Physique[/b]: (heavy set, slim, bulbous etc)
[b]Faction (if applicable)[/b]:
[b]Weapon(s)[/b]:
[b]Bio[/b]:

Thanks b!

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 am

I'll get you tonight.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse