NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 am

Harbertia wrote:-Gonna Need A Halo Ring to take care of all these Floods-

Said Expanded Universe also dabbles in the art of Cloning, such as SPAARTI cells.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 am

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:-Gonna Need A Halo Ring to take care of all these Floods-

Said Expanded Universe also dabbles in the art of Cloning, such as SPAARTI cells.

Thank you for directing me to the Spaarti cloning cylinders and thus more detail on cloning in general. I can see how Kamino was considered the 'high end' of the cloning industry- it was hard to find, it's creations took longer, where more expensive, and of higher quality. They where also not prone to 'clone madness' due to their careful upbringing as opposed to the 'flash learning' methods of other cloners who preferred to imprint memories onto a clone's brain causing identity crisis.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 am

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Said Expanded Universe also dabbles in the art of Cloning, such as SPAARTI cells.

Thank you for directing me to the Spaarti cloning cylinders and thus more detail on cloning in general. I can see how Kamino was considered the 'high end' of the cloning industry- it was hard to find, it's creations took longer, where more expensive, and of higher quality. They where also not prone to 'clone madness' due to their careful upbringing as opposed to the 'flash learning' methods of other cloners who preferred to imprint memories onto a clone's brain causing identity crisis.

Whereas they also attempted to clone Jedi, of which the SPAARTI cells were used to make theoretical Jedi. I would reccomend the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn, as well as Joruus C'boath.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:10 pm

-snip-
I have been informed me that this image is not for personal use without permission.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Rest In Peace

Stan Lee

28 December 1922 - 12 November 2018

I am thankful for the happy memories.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Looking back at the non-canon OM&T: The Vanishing, it really could be designated as the legitimate Earth-2 to the Prime continuity of the canon series when it retroactively became the very first divergent timeline post-Book II.

Mea is a character I find now frightens me for her uncanny position between human and non-human, that strange shell that looks human but lacks a human sense of self, that feeling of an incomprehensible mental entity residing behind that deceptive exterior. Except even the physical shell is not locked to human form, making her borderline Lovecraftian and arguably Harb's most conceptually terrifying character.

Hey Harb was Mea a prototypical counterpart to Myra?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Looking back at the non-canon OM&T: The Vanishing, it really could be designated as the legitimate Earth-2 to the Prime continuity of the canon series when it retroactively became the very first divergent timeline post-Book II.

Mea is a character I find now frightens me for her uncanny position between human and non-human, that strange shell that looks human but lacks a human sense of self, that feeling of an incomprehensible mental entity residing behind that deceptive exterior. Except even the physical shell is not locked to human form, making her borderline Lovecraftian and arguably Harb's most conceptually terrifying character.

In a sense, the abandonment aspect.

Though Mea actually has roots prior to 'The Vanishing' I think....

yes the 'OM&T 3' which had Maxwell in it....

yes....

Harbertia wrote:Fall Harbor : Mea

'oh willow I die, oh willow I die'

Something hummed this tune as it walked from the old Asylum, carrying with it a metal rode which dragged across the ground. It had only stayed for a time, and in those moments it had determined that which it seeked was not to be found. It thought that perhaps with that which it sought had been trying to contact it though the random stream of memories, be they real or false that had entered it's mind. Yet some how, something inside the creature, knew it not to be so yet even as it now left a song it heard lingered, and something seemed to draw it to the location. It was loath to leave, somehow it still had the idea that 'she' might be their. She was unseeable, one could never be sure. It could leave. It stopped at the gates, it could stay here it thought. Somehow the area seemed comforting yet even as it thought this it's memories of the place seemed to fade, and as these memories faded it remembered, this isn't home. It was still standing, now with the rod drawn as if a walking staff. At the threshold it took a step pass the gates, leaving the Asylum grounds. Had the creature empathy, it would have looked back towards the lonely presence with in.

Charmera wrote:The Madness looked up, an odd mind had entered his domain a short while ago. It apeared to be looking for something, however it seemed to have left as soon as it realized there was nothing in the old asylum. The Madness got up, an unatural movement as the worms that made up his body shuddered to life, having been inactive for a while. The Madness then shuffled out, his cloak and hood rather worse for ware, however the Madness didn't seem to care or notice. He shuffled out of the building, leaving an odd trail of worm slime and bile that seemed to leak from him. He seemed to sniff, looking for the mental signature for reasons not even he was sure of.

The Madness had awoken, and was now on the prowl.

Harbertia wrote:
Rynagria wrote:Fall Harbor
"Captain, word from our scouts..... They said that the situation is still the same and is in fact escalating." Reported a young man dressed in an old 1940's era tan military uniform, a Karabiner 98k bolt-action rifle slung behind his left shoulder. In front of him was a man in his late 30's with a military style buzzcut, his hair having hints of red among the blond hair, his green eyes looking at the map of the city ruins, at least 60 men wearing the same uniform behind him.

"Hmmmm, then we should probably start heading to the surface soon, rouse up the people. If we manage to pull this off, we'll be able to have a foothold and perhaps bring back the Order....." Muttered the Order Remnants leader in Fall Harbor, gently grasping his chin, which had some stubble. "We still have to find participants in the Titan Project, like Subject Delta, and perhaps some others...."

"Sir?" Asked one of his men.

"I want everybody to split up into groups of ten, search this sector of the city for any clues about Titan product, "Subject Delta." I also want you to round up any of the........ experiments, I don't care how, we just need them for the upcoming attack." Ordered the Captain, watching as his men did as they were told and began to search the area, all of them armed with flashlights.

The search for the weapon has begun.

MEA

The creature was again towing the rod behind it. It no longer knew where it was going. It was near the center of the old town, it came here before. It was merely going in circles. It paused their in the center, trying to remember what once was, but all she could see where the buildings, the people where of no interest to her. Something about the environment, the scent, the sounds, the air. That's what she wanted to recall. She wanted to recall the feeling of the day, the warmth of the sun upon h'her' skin, the polluted smog in her lungs. I was never really here. The images, they are not of this place. The creature seemed to have something come over it, something that confused it. It knew home was not here, why must it always return to this place? Emptiness, it drowns me. I can't breath! It slumpt upon it's knees dropping the rod behind it....

Echo Team stopped on their tracks upon spotting Mea, some of which aimed their rifles at the homunculus, unsure if she was from the top and was lost, or an experiment loose in the fallen city. The squad leader signaled them to halt, while he took out a picture of Subject Delta to match them.

"It's not Subject Delta, considering how she looks, she one of the crazy ones from the top....... Honestly, more people are finding it out everyday, come in let's go." Said Echo's leader, as he walked away, not noticing a pair of glowing yellow eyes coming from the dark.

"Sir, 9:00, 9:00! Sir watch out." Whispered the men loudly, as they saw the eyes tracking their leader, a barely audible growl going in the background.

"What the hell are you blabbering abou- Oof!" Shouting the Team Leader, before screaming, after being hit by a car tire thrown at him from the dark. This caused him to fly to a wall, his now lifeless corpse, bleeding from the pieces of rebar that had gone through his head, lower abdomen, his left arm, and right leg.

"Hu-uh Hu-uh Hu-uh Gluah! What the fuck?........." Said one of them, vomiting after seeing the gruesome sight of the team leader, his discipline clearly breaking.

"Come on, let's just leave him, he's already dead." Ordered the second in command, after he went over to their dead leader and retrieved his dog tags and carbine. While he was busy talking to the men, the creature came out from the darkness, revealing itself. Yellow eyes, sharp teeth, roughly 8 feet tall on its hind legs, tremendous muscular arms and legs with veins visible, its back filled with bony spikes, and hunched over.

"What in the Nether is that?....." Fearfully asked one of the soldiers, as the creature turned its head towards them in a slow, yet foreboding look.

"Huh? I don't know but we're going to kill it, if not at least make it retreat. Dunn! Bring up the bazooka! The rest of you, I want you to start firing at it as soon as the rocket hits, got it?" Replied the second in command, the remaining troops nodding, having gained the discipline they lost earlier. Immediately after, Dunn was brought up to the front, aiming his M18 Recoilless Rifle at the massive target.

"Clear the backblast!" Warned the soldier named Dunn, which everyone gladly followed. Then, Dunn pulled he trigger, sending the rocket towards the monster.

Shhhhh.......... BOOOOOM!

"Open fire!" Yelled the second in command, the air being filled with sounds of rifle fire, all of them firing and reloading as fast as they can. They continued doing so, until the smoke had cleared and the monster snarling at them, relatively unharmed except for the massive wound on its chest.

"Shit, we just pissed that thing off............ Everybody run!!!!!!" Said the same soldier who had thrown up earlier, before running away, which was followed by the rest of the men. The creature roaring loudly, before running after them, unfortunately, Mea was in front of its path.

Harbertia wrote:
Corenea wrote:Jessica hid behind cover as bullets hit the gravel or whiz past her. She got up for a brief momment to throw more fireballs before ducking down. "Come on Hunter, do your thing," Jessica thought silently as she hurled more fireballs at the Remnant patrol.

Meanwhile, Hunter laid still, waiting for those Remnants to come. "Can those jack-offs not heard a good oppurtunity? Come on, make my job easier," he thought to himself as he silently heals his his head.

The Creatures rushed pace increased in the light of the flare she saw images of time before, the core, her center beamed within her as she extended her blades, and leap into the air, the soldiers, they fired upon her sending bullets though her. Pain... it landed on one whose eyes where panicked, unfocused. Ending his life. The Pain! she swept her hand slicing into Dunn; "YEEESSSS!" she cried turning she opened her hand allowing a fleshy vice to encompass the skull of Neil. His body now headless she began with drawing her implement as the other's fired upon her, her free arm, became like a great sword as she swept across the others, leaving a bloody wreck. Her implement was returned, a large bulge traveled up her arm, and towards her chest. As it did so she turned wildly side to side, looking for others, unable, unable to find them her body expanded, and relaxed as she inhaled, and exhaled. She looked at the bulge, and held up her arm. Rolling her eyes, she held out her arm, and rapidly disgorged the head of Neil, sending it towards where Jessica yet hid, unaware of her presence.

Harbertia wrote:
Corenea wrote:Jessica was shocked to see a headless body flew over her and landed right next to her. "AHHH!" She screamed when she jumped and was shocked to see a creature killing the patrol. "Oh Jal" she thought. Hunter ran up to her.

"Come on, let's go! Get the nether out of here!" he shouts as they turned and ran away from the creature, hoping that the monster wouldn't notice the two people running away.

MOORE! ?* This, what am I doing it thought as it rushed forward, she wasn't even sure what they had been fighting, she had imagined another one of those giants, yet instead she found them, and had attacked. They had not harmed her, She quickly looked side to side as she continued, and saw no threats, she had already fed. She leap; Now what are you doing? This exhersion of energy is pointless.

A body had arose, mangled, ruined, it lifted a weapon, and fired. The shot distracted the creature to fumble, and turn, the corpse fell to the ground again. Mea stopped,to collect her self. She was a being of caution, yet of instinct.

Charmera wrote:The slight mental disturbances was only the opening to the chorus of Madness. The Madness was conducting it, and couldn't help himself. He enjoyed the song of Madness far too much, the orchestra at which he was the conductor. It was one of the times he felt truly in control, though part of him realized this control was a self imposed illusion, yet perhaps he didn't care or knew it was far too late to stop. Now the Madness was getting closer and so was his aura. Now those nearby may start to distrust their comrades, they may see monsters in the shadows, they may feel a distinct feeling of dread and fear or perhaps they begin to see memories of the Madness itself. However all of them would hear the music, faint, but definite. Encouraging them to dance and loose themselves to it.

The Madness has almost arrived and a dance of insanity he brings with him.

.... yeah she's a horror creature of terror.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:35 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Looking back at the non-canon OM&T: The Vanishing, it really could be designated as the legitimate Earth-2 to the Prime continuity of the canon series when it retroactively became the very first divergent timeline post-Book II.

In a sense, the abandonment aspect.

Though Mea actually has roots prior to 'The Vanishing' I think....

yes the 'OM&T 3' which had Maxwell in it....

yes....

Harbertia wrote:Fall Harbor : Mea

'oh willow I die, oh willow I die'

Something hummed this tune as it walked from the old Asylum, carrying with it a metal rode which dragged across the ground. It had only stayed for a time, and in those moments it had determined that which it seeked was not to be found. It thought that perhaps with that which it sought had been trying to contact it though the random stream of memories, be they real or false that had entered it's mind. Yet some how, something inside the creature, knew it not to be so yet even as it now left a song it heard lingered, and something seemed to draw it to the location. It was loath to leave, somehow it still had the idea that 'she' might be their. She was unseeable, one could never be sure. It could leave. It stopped at the gates, it could stay here it thought. Somehow the area seemed comforting yet even as it thought this it's memories of the place seemed to fade, and as these memories faded it remembered, this isn't home. It was still standing, now with the rod drawn as if a walking staff. At the threshold it took a step pass the gates, leaving the Asylum grounds. Had the creature empathy, it would have looked back towards the lonely presence with in.

Charmera wrote:The Madness looked up, an odd mind had entered his domain a short while ago. It apeared to be looking for something, however it seemed to have left as soon as it realized there was nothing in the old asylum. The Madness got up, an unatural movement as the worms that made up his body shuddered to life, having been inactive for a while. The Madness then shuffled out, his cloak and hood rather worse for ware, however the Madness didn't seem to care or notice. He shuffled out of the building, leaving an odd trail of worm slime and bile that seemed to leak from him. He seemed to sniff, looking for the mental signature for reasons not even he was sure of.

The Madness had awoken, and was now on the prowl.

Harbertia wrote:
MEA

The creature was again towing the rod behind it. It no longer knew where it was going. It was near the center of the old town, it came here before. It was merely going in circles. It paused their in the center, trying to remember what once was, but all she could see where the buildings, the people where of no interest to her. Something about the environment, the scent, the sounds, the air. That's what she wanted to recall. She wanted to recall the feeling of the day, the warmth of the sun upon h'her' skin, the polluted smog in her lungs. I was never really here. The images, they are not of this place. The creature seemed to have something come over it, something that confused it. It knew home was not here, why must it always return to this place? Emptiness, it drowns me. I can't breath! It slumpt upon it's knees dropping the rod behind it....

Echo Team stopped on their tracks upon spotting Mea, some of which aimed their rifles at the homunculus, unsure if she was from the top and was lost, or an experiment loose in the fallen city. The squad leader signaled them to halt, while he took out a picture of Subject Delta to match them.

"It's not Subject Delta, considering how she looks, she one of the crazy ones from the top....... Honestly, more people are finding it out everyday, come in let's go." Said Echo's leader, as he walked away, not noticing a pair of glowing yellow eyes coming from the dark.

"Sir, 9:00, 9:00! Sir watch out." Whispered the men loudly, as they saw the eyes tracking their leader, a barely audible growl going in the background.

"What the hell are you blabbering abou- Oof!" Shouting the Team Leader, before screaming, after being hit by a car tire thrown at him from the dark. This caused him to fly to a wall, his now lifeless corpse, bleeding from the pieces of rebar that had gone through his head, lower abdomen, his left arm, and right leg.

"Hu-uh Hu-uh Hu-uh Gluah! What the fuck?........." Said one of them, vomiting after seeing the gruesome sight of the team leader, his discipline clearly breaking.

"Come on, let's just leave him, he's already dead." Ordered the second in command, after he went over to their dead leader and retrieved his dog tags and carbine. While he was busy talking to the men, the creature came out from the darkness, revealing itself. Yellow eyes, sharp teeth, roughly 8 feet tall on its hind legs, tremendous muscular arms and legs with veins visible, its back filled with bony spikes, and hunched over.

"What in the Nether is that?....." Fearfully asked one of the soldiers, as the creature turned its head towards them in a slow, yet foreboding look.

"Huh? I don't know but we're going to kill it, if not at least make it retreat. Dunn! Bring up the bazooka! The rest of you, I want you to start firing at it as soon as the rocket hits, got it?" Replied the second in command, the remaining troops nodding, having gained the discipline they lost earlier. Immediately after, Dunn was brought up to the front, aiming his M18 Recoilless Rifle at the massive target.

"Clear the backblast!" Warned the soldier named Dunn, which everyone gladly followed. Then, Dunn pulled he trigger, sending the rocket towards the monster.

Shhhhh.......... BOOOOOM!

"Open fire!" Yelled the second in command, the air being filled with sounds of rifle fire, all of them firing and reloading as fast as they can. They continued doing so, until the smoke had cleared and the monster snarling at them, relatively unharmed except for the massive wound on its chest.

"Shit, we just pissed that thing off............ Everybody run!!!!!!" Said the same soldier who had thrown up earlier, before running away, which was followed by the rest of the men. The creature roaring loudly, before running after them, unfortunately, Mea was in front of its path.

Harbertia wrote:
The Creatures rushed pace increased in the light of the flare she saw images of time before, the core, her center beamed within her as she extended her blades, and leap into the air, the soldiers, they fired upon her sending bullets though her. Pain... it landed on one whose eyes where panicked, unfocused. Ending his life. The Pain! she swept her hand slicing into Dunn; "YEEESSSS!" she cried turning she opened her hand allowing a fleshy vice to encompass the skull of Neil. His body now headless she began with drawing her implement as the other's fired upon her, her free arm, became like a great sword as she swept across the others, leaving a bloody wreck. Her implement was returned, a large bulge traveled up her arm, and towards her chest. As it did so she turned wildly side to side, looking for others, unable, unable to find them her body expanded, and relaxed as she inhaled, and exhaled. She looked at the bulge, and held up her arm. Rolling her eyes, she held out her arm, and rapidly disgorged the head of Neil, sending it towards where Jessica yet hid, unaware of her presence.

Harbertia wrote:
MOORE! ?* This, what am I doing it thought as it rushed forward, she wasn't even sure what they had been fighting, she had imagined another one of those giants, yet instead she found them, and had attacked. They had not harmed her, She quickly looked side to side as she continued, and saw no threats, she had already fed. She leap; Now what are you doing? This exhersion of energy is pointless.

A body had arose, mangled, ruined, it lifted a weapon, and fired. The shot distracted the creature to fumble, and turn, the corpse fell to the ground again. Mea stopped,to collect her self. She was a being of caution, yet of instinct.

Charmera wrote:The slight mental disturbances was only the opening to the chorus of Madness. The Madness was conducting it, and couldn't help himself. He enjoyed the song of Madness far too much, the orchestra at which he was the conductor. It was one of the times he felt truly in control, though part of him realized this control was a self imposed illusion, yet perhaps he didn't care or knew it was far too late to stop. Now the Madness was getting closer and so was his aura. Now those nearby may start to distrust their comrades, they may see monsters in the shadows, they may feel a distinct feeling of dread and fear or perhaps they begin to see memories of the Madness itself. However all of them would hear the music, faint, but definite. Encouraging them to dance and loose themselves to it.

The Madness has almost arrived and a dance of insanity he brings with him.

.... yeah she's a horror creature of terror.

Wow... yeah... that's pretty cold and brutal. Like a biological superweapon from a horror movie devoid of empathy. But neither quite malicious and more so of an organism following a survival protocol.

Book III: Danger Close did actually come after the Vanishing and Mea appeared in both.

So in a sense, there was an attempt to incorporate her into canon (although Book III might be closer to semi-canon overall) but did Mea ultimately remain non-canon?

Funnily enough there were actually two Maxwell's in Book 3 - one a Professor unrelated to the original, but later on as he became less relevant I kind of forgot about him and reintroduced the original Maxwell (called Max) the same from KGA only 7 years prior whose original OOC name was Maximilian before changing it to Maxwell.

Edit: I know, how could I overlook two characters of mine having the same name, its odd the thought didn't seem to occur to me at the time. Or maybe it did and I didn't mind? I'm not sure really.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:44 am

Hey Harb - do you think Terra had a character arc from Books 1-2 and KGA? Like I'm certain the Terra from the start is different from the last time we see her - was her progression based on a central idea (such as redemption from Beast to Human) or was it more reactive to how others treated her and could have gone differently?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Hey Harb - do you think Terra had a character arc from Books 1-2 and KGA? Like I'm certain the Terra from the start is different from the last time we see her - was her progression based on a central idea (such as redemption from Beast to Human) or was it more reactive to how others treated her and could have gone differently?

She came to serve the Tamaru, became a member of the Reformed Jalist Faith, dated Takashi, married Takashi, had a son by him, and then lost Takashi becoming a single mother with only the family close to Takashi and friends to aid her. Had three books published.

I'd say that's a lot.

.... I don't have an answer for the second half of the question.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Though in reading back over what her 'Welk Chronicles' where about I had an amusing thought regarding for one reason or another standard OM&T characters finding themselves in that world.

The Welk Chronicles - A three book series of fantasy novels targeted towards a teen audience featuring a magical princess, a dashing ranger-rouge, and heroic prince. The novel revolves around a struggle to save Welkshire, and all Welks, from the Empire, which had previously been it's protector. The Emperor's betrayel forces the three siblings of the royal house to take action to secure the life of their people. Alas, they have been separated and each seeks a different path towards the same end. The princess tries to gain support for her people, the ranger resorts to theivery, and murder, while the prince organizes a resistance within native lands. A fourth book would have closed the series, but was never written. The third was a failure, having been forced upon Terra by contract. After Takashi's death she wasn't very motivated to continue the series and devoted her time to William.

Still the thought occured to me;

*Emperor gazes upon the farlanders*

Emperor: "What is, this- thing."

Welk-hime: *enthusiastically* "It's from another world my liege!"

I imagine it'd end up that for some reason they found themselves in some recess of Terra's mind. Finding themselves in the world of the Welk Chronicles before their once protector, the Imperial Throne, turned upon them out of some loathing. Which would be - well odd I think for anyone familiar with the novels- knowing what will eventually happen but experiencing the world of the novels before any of the plot unfolds. ... or even at the end of the third novel, and it's poorly written quality (compared to her previous works) with no idea how the story ends- Welk-hime has found foreign allies, the Prince reconnects with his brother and the man's less then noble resistance, while the war for Welkshire's autonomy and their people's existence- nay for Magic in the world- is about to begin- and the new comers having no idea how it ends.

Though I know the Ranger will die- that's all I know of what was suppose to happen in the fourth book. The rest is unknown to me.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:22 am

Harbertia wrote:Though in reading back over what her 'Welk Chronicles' where about I had an amusing thought regarding for one reason or another standard OM&T characters finding themselves in that world.

The Welk Chronicles - A three book series of fantasy novels targeted towards a teen audience featuring a magical princess, a dashing ranger-rouge, and heroic prince. The novel revolves around a struggle to save Welkshire, and all Welks, from the Empire, which had previously been it's protector. The Emperor's betrayel forces the three siblings of the royal house to take action to secure the life of their people. Alas, they have been separated and each seeks a different path towards the same end. The princess tries to gain support for her people, the ranger resorts to theivery, and murder, while the prince organizes a resistance within native lands. A fourth book would have closed the series, but was never written. The third was a failure, having been forced upon Terra by contract. After Takashi's death she wasn't very motivated to continue the series and devoted her time to William.

I imagine it'd end up that for some reason they found themselves in some recess of Terra's mind. Finding themselves in the world of the Welk Chronicles before their once protector, the Imperial Throne, turned upon them out of some loathing. Which would be - well odd I think for anyone familiar with the novels- knowing what will eventually happen but experiencing the world of the novels before any of the plot unfolds. ... or even at the end of the third novel, and it's poorly written quality (compared to her previous works) with no idea how the story ends- Welk-hime has found foreign allies, the Prince reconnects with his brother and the man's less then noble resistance, while the war for Welkshire's autonomy and their people's existence- nay for Magic in the world- is about to begin- and the new comers having no idea how it ends.

Though I know the Ranger will die- that's all I know of what was suppose to happen in the fourth book. The rest is unknown to me.

:o Could it be... Welks = Wilkins?

Princess = Terra + Support from her people = Family support from the Tamaru clan

Prince = Wilson + Organising resistance from natives = How he lead the Path with noble intent before it corrupted

Ranger = David + resorts to thievery and murder = He's been missing since the start, if he survived the ranch attack he either went feral like Terra or more likely inducted into the Sanctioned. Now in a post-Order world with no central authority to report back to or memories of his past life, he becomes a lawless wanderer.

Harbertia wrote:

David will die... or already has died by the timeline of KGA.

Somehow I had such a feeling, I even imagined a scenario in my head of how he actually met Terra in Book I at Bessie's flower shop but neither could recognise each other. Sometimes I picture he died during Book I. Other times I picture he survived and even settled down to start a family, only to be forced to sacrifice himself to save them when a curse or old threat reemerged. I had also thought how he might have even gone to the Franco-German Republic to investigate what was left of the House of Cresson.

But they are all supposed to be working towards a common goal despite their divergent paths - Terra left the Beast to became more human and got a new family, Wilson left the Path (perhaps his own beast), got revenge on Michel, worked against neo-Path organizations and reunited with Terra. If there's a pattern then David would leave behind his own 'beast' caused by the Order and live a better life in a post-Order world, or at least try. Family reunion might be a possibility. Or who knows maybe he subverts that pattern and becomes the black sheep.

Harbertia wrote:the Prince reconnects with his brother and the man's less then noble resistance, while the war for Welkshire's autonomy and their people's existence- nay for Magic in the world- is about to begin- and the new comers having no idea how it ends.

Charm did make that one post about David having nightmares about the Beast - could Wilson have met David between after Shadows of the Past or between Books 2 and 3, back when he was still leading the Path before Michael betrayed him? Although he could have actually been referring to an incident prior to the ranch attack.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Though in reading back over what her 'Welk Chronicles' where about I had an amusing thought regarding for one reason or another standard OM&T characters finding themselves in that world.

Princess = Terra + Support from her people = Family support from the Tamaru clan

Prince = Wilson + Organising resistance from natives = How he lead the Path with noble intent before it corrupted

Ranger = David + resorts to thievery and murder = He's been missing since the start, if he survived the ranch attack he either went feral like Terra or more likely inducted into the Sanctioned. Now in a post-Order world with no central authority to report back to or memories of his past life, he becomes a lawless wanderer.

Harbertia wrote:

Somehow I had such a feeling, I even imagined a scenario in my head of how he actually met Terra in Book I at Bessie's flower shop but neither could recognise each other. Sometimes I picture he died during Book I. Other times I picture he survived and even settled down to start a family, only to be forced to sacrifice himself to save them when a curse or old threat reemerged. I had also thought how he might have even gone to the Franco-German Republic to investigate what was left of the House of Cresson.

But they are all supposed to be working towards a common goal despite their divergent paths - Terra left the Beast to became more human and got a new family, Wilson left the Path (perhaps his own beast), got revenge on Michel, worked against neo-Path organizations and reunited with Terra. If there's a pattern then David would leave behind his own 'beast' caused by the Order and live a better life in a post-Order world, or at least try. Family reunion might be a possibility. Or who knows maybe he subverts that pattern and becomes the black sheep.

Harbertia wrote:the Prince reconnects with his brother and the man's less then noble resistance, while the war for Welkshire's autonomy and their people's existence- nay for Magic in the world- is about to begin- and the new comers having no idea how it ends.

Charm did make that one post about David having nightmares about the Beast - could Wilson have met David between after Shadows of the Past or between Books 2 and 3, back when he was still leading the Path before Michael betrayed him? Although he could have actually been referring to an incident prior to the ranch attack.

I recall how the books where inspired by the games of she use to play with her siblings- but I didn't realize how they mirrored what was going on.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I recall how the books where inspired by the games of she use to play with her siblings- but I didn't realize how they mirrored what was going on.

Yes on a 2nd reading I've come to realize the purported similarities as superficial from misinterpretation and fall apart on closer inspection:

Terra does not rally support for a certain people or become especially involved in political developments. Rather she just lives and makes the best of changing circumstances.

Wilson seemed like the Prince - the Path being his resistance against the Order - before I remembered that he ended up leaving the Path and destroying it.

In the end it was just a personal fairy tale written by Terra, not some microcosmic representation of the sibling's lives.

However... its reasonable to assume the story Terra wanted to tell came from a personal place, especially if its emotionally motivated (3rd book forced by contract and lost its essence, 4th book cancelled because of grief from Takashi's death - although it would be interesting if she tried and it resulted in a signifigant change in tone, perhaps darker).

Harbertia wrote:

Curiosity: When picturing the story do you imagine how you would write it or how Terra would write it (is there a difference in creative vision or is it the same?)

Also: I like your idea of the Farlanders, so I'm curious, how would Terra herself react to ending up in Welkshire - to some extent she'll be living through events she herself has pre-ordained before reaching a point where her world goes its own direction.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:I recall how the books where inspired by the games of she use to play with her siblings- but I didn't realize how they mirrored what was going on.

Yes on a 2nd reading I've come to realize the purported similarities as superficial from misinterpretation and fall apart on closer inspection:

Terra does not rally support for a certain people or become especially involved in political developments. Rather she just lives and makes the best of changing circumstances.

Wilson seemed like the Prince - the Path being his resistance against the Order - before I remembered that he ended up leaving the Path and destroying it.

In the end it was just a personal fairy tale written by Terra, not some microcosmic representation of the sibling's lives.

However... its reasonable to assume the story Terra wanted to tell came from a personal place, especially if its emotionally motivated (3rd book forced by contract and lost its essence, 4th book cancelled because of grief from Takashi's death - although it would be interesting if she tried and it resulted in a signifigant change in tone, perhaps darker).

Harbertia wrote:

Curiosity: When picturing the story do you imagine how you would write it or how Terra would write it (is there a difference in creative vision or is it the same?)

Also: I like your idea of the Farlanders, so I'm curious, how would Terra herself react to ending up in Welkshire - to some extent she'll be living through events she herself has pre-ordained before reaching a point where her world goes its own direction.

When picturing the story I've made efforts to consider how Terra would write it- it stands out compared to her other two works as being for a more mature audience. Which in relation to the works deriving from some childhood memories have lead me to conclude that the target audience is most likely Teens rather then pre-teens or young adults with Terra morphing some recollection of a game long ago into an expansive world. I'd personally be writing for a young adult demographic so that's one difference. I know that Terra will as she always does weave morals into her narrative. I also imagine that her time in Japan has impacted how things are described in the novels.

I'd hope Terra wouldn't recognize where she is if she found herself there- due to the burden of knowing.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:41 am

Personal Freedom wrote:Not sure... I'm not sure the genre interests me anymore. I'm not sure that many rps on this site do. I still have an interest in alt-history and space... and fantasy... and probably superheros... but I would like to play something more serious... at the same time... I don't have the time.

And eventually at some point none of us will have any time as we inevitably move on or become too busy irl... bittersweet I suppose.

A serious RP would be interesting, not sure if it can be done with superheros, in the past my vision of 'serious' correlated with 'dark' but I came to realise it was more so edgy and pretentious rather than mature and sincere. I suppose it would be difficult to draw the line. These days I'm more or less resigned to just having fun and not giving extra thought.

Yet in the memory of OM&T I feel as though there remain elements worth elaborating that I would like to explore from a serious angle, in theory there is potential but in practise perhaps not. What do you think constitutes as serious?

I am thinking... I guess with a seriousness to it. A focus on cutting down of the whimsy of most roleplays and focusing in depth on the setting, Possibly crime? I don't know... it doesn't matter I lack the time.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey, hey you! Yes, I mean YOU! Reading this right now! Do you like Star Wars? Do you enjoy playing as nations -as expected, on a website literally called NationStates? Then this is the RP for you!

STAR WARS: BATTLEFIELD EARTH (as is the placeholder title) will take you to a world where Star Wars and Earth's history collide into a fantasitc web of intrigue and adventure. Come, enjoy the cantina music, help yourself to some bluemilk, and discuss what could or ought to be.
Obligatory Quotes below

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:21 am

So I found out there was a 2003 Clone Wars series and its version of Grevious is so much cooler than the 2008 series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-efsM2XQB0

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:42 am

Danceria wrote:Hey, hey you! Yes, I mean YOU! Reading this right now! Do you like Star Wars? Do you enjoy playing as nations -as expected, on a website literally called NationStates? Then this is the RP for you!

STAR WARS: BATTLEFIELD EARTH (as is the placeholder title) will take you to a world where Star Wars and Earth's history collide into a fantasitc web of intrigue and adventure. Come, enjoy the cantina music, help yourself to some bluemilk, and discuss what could or ought to be.

Actually, there is or was star wars lore that did say or at least hint that Earth does or did once exist in the SW universe.

On another note, i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:So I found out there was a 2003 Clone Wars series and its version of Grevious is so much cooler than the 2008 series.

According an official explanation the 2003 series represents how Grevious is remembered by the Galaxy after the Clone Wars while the 2008 version is closer to his actual skill level- in short the explanation given is that Gervious wasn't a great fighter but the Galaxy remembers him as such- which is counter to the freakin films which establish that he has a fine collection of Lightsabers from Jedi he's defeated. I'd say the 2003 series is closer to how he was- not the 2008 and that someone is confused.

In the 2003 series Grevious got his cough and breathing problems during the abduction of Chancellor Palpatine- Mace if I recall Crushed his Lungs and the shell casing while Grevious made his way to the flagship with the Chancellor after having defeated four Jedi protecting the Chancellor.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:19 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:So I found out there was a 2003 Clone Wars series and its version of Grevious is so much cooler than the 2008 series.

According an official explanation the 2003 series represents how Grevious is remembered by the Galaxy after the Clone Wars while the 2008 version is closer to his actual skill level- in short the explanation given is that Gervious wasn't a great fighter but the Galaxy remembers him as such- which is counter to the freakin films which establish that he has a fine collection of Lightsabers from Jedi he's defeated. I'd say the 2003 series is closer to how he was- not the 2008 and that someone is confused.

In the 2003 series Grevious got his cough and breathing problems during the abduction of Chancellor Palpatine- Mace if I recall Crushed his Lungs and the shell casing while Grevious made his way to the flagship with the Chancellor after having defeated four Jedi protecting the Chancellor.

Oh... :( But he was so cool his fight choreography, the Grim Reaper of the Jedi who wasn't even force sensitive, his voice had this cold and sinister vibe to it. Pardon the irony he was so much less of a 'cartoon' villain compared to what he became.

(Hah hah hah... hah hah hah... okay I'll stop)

There's gonna be a revival of the 2008 show in 2019, I'm sure most of its going to be great (Season 7 and Yoda's journey was awesome) but Grievous will remain a joke most likely. And Lucas originally conceived of him as a precursor to Vader.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 am

Harbertia wrote:According an official explanation the 2003 series represents how Grevious is remembered by the Galaxy after the Clone Wars while the 2008 version is closer to his actual skill level- in short the explanation given is that Gervious wasn't a great fighter but the Galaxy remembers him as such- which is counter to the freakin films which establish that he has a fine collection of Lightsabers from Jedi he's defeated. I'd say the 2003 series is closer to how he was- not the 2008 and that someone is confused.

Oh... :( But he was so cool his fight choreography, the Grim Reaper of the Jedi who wasn't even force sensitive, his voice had this cold and sinister vibe to it. Pardon the irony he was so much less of a 'cartoon' villain compared to what he became.

There's gonna be a revival of the 2008 show in 2019, I'm sure most of its going to be great (Season 7 and Yoda's journey was awesome) but Grievous will remain a joke most likely. And Lucas originally conceived of him as a precursor to Vader.

I do personally prefer the 2003 series version- it came about during the Samurai Jack era and that shows it's self. I rewatched a bit of it last night- and I do prefer it- a lot. But then again I've only seen clips of the CGI series- while I've watched every episode of the 2003 series.

Here ya go :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:53 am

Harbertia wrote:

I do personally prefer the 2003 series version- it came about during the Samurai Jack era and that shows it's self. I rewatched a bit of it last night- and I do prefer it- a lot. But then again I've only seen clips of the CGI series- while I've watched every episode of the 2003 series.

Wow, the whole thing together - thanks! :eek:

Edit: The duel between Anakin and Ventress is like totally dope - especially with the foreboding visions of Yoda, Obi Wan and Qui Gon towards the end - it was so cool. Looking more into it it seems to be set near the tomb of Exar Kuun who was apparently similar to Anakin.

Very few fights in the 2008 CG series could contend with it (maybe Maul vs Vizla or Palpatine vs Maul) - still there is something so visually pleasing at 2D animation being so epic

Mace Windu's segment is also pretty cool - I love how without his lightsaber he just up and started karate chopping an entire droid army by himself.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Harbertia wrote:I do personally prefer the 2003 series version- it came about during the Samurai Jack era and that shows it's self. I rewatched a bit of it last night- and I do prefer it- a lot. But then again I've only seen clips of the CGI series- while I've watched every episode of the 2003 series.

Wow, the whole thing together - thanks! :eek:

Edit: The duel between Anakin and Ventress is like totally dope - especially with the foreboding visions of Yoda, Obi Wan and Qui Gon towards the end - it was so cool. Looking more into it it seems to be set near the tomb of Exar Kuun who was apparently similar to Anakin.

Very few fights in the 2008 CG series could contend with it (maybe Maul vs Vizla or Palpatine vs Maul) - still there is something so visually pleasing at 2D animation being so epic

Mace Windu's segment is also pretty cool - I love how without his lightsaber he just up and started karate chopping an entire droid army by himself.

I also enjoy the Mace segment :) and agree the 2D animation is epic :D I forgot about the visions during the battle between Ventress and Anikin- I'm going to have to see that again myself and you are most welcome for the link :)
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Danceria wrote:Hey, hey you! Yes, I mean YOU! Reading this right now! Do you like Star Wars? Do you enjoy playing as nations -as expected, on a website literally called NationStates? Then this is the RP for you!

Actually, there is or was star wars lore that did say or at least hint that Earth does or did once exist in the SW universe.

On another note, i recently read a book where the events of the Sherlock Holmes books were real as were the characters, the Story followed a descendant of john Watson in modern times. This triggered an idea, for a story or an eventual rp i cannot say, but i am calling the concept Literary Descendants. So far it is shaping up a bit similarly to the Fairly modern grimm verse, just without the magic. While it has been difficult to think of stories that mesh well with Sherloce holmes, which is the verse i am using as a base, i am taking a certain amount of influence from the League of extraordinary gentlemen, the movie not the books. So far The Curious case of Dr Jekyll, Robin Hood, Treasure island and a few others are contenders to be added. i had contemplated including some agatha christie novels, namely the Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple ones into the verse, but figured Holmes might be enough in that regard.

What if the characters really are fictional but are incarnated into the real world - reacting to learning that they and everything they know is a fiction imagined by real world human? Maybe even discovering their own fandom and the mixed bag of that experience.

Even Salvia Clement from the OM&T RP series could have a version incarnated into the base world - a copy not based on any particular past self but on how she is popularly perceived. Alternatively she could be based off how a specific real person personally regards her.

We could have them linked to some human Fate style as the characters duke it out in a battle royale and investigate the mysterious force that blurs the line between fantasy and reality that is responsible for their arrival.

We could have different versions of the same fictional characters - like Adam West Batman meeting Christian Bale Batman.

And they'd all have their special abilities that they're known for - and maybe the more popular they are the harder they're to kill (Wolf Among Us).
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse