NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Harbertia wrote:Actually do to my mild autism it wasn't ... meant to be humorous but still jesting in fashion- I suppose that can be called joking though such a term provokes the idea of lacking seriousness. But yes I certainly do not approve and agree with you on the character of their relationship.

You are right, as a joke I didn't account for any humorous intent but assumed the term would indeed cover the ''idea of lacking seriousness'' as you attributed more accurately to jest.

As for Maxwell- I know I did want to see him grow but- ... I can't quite put into thought the order of events specifically but I remember hoping to focus on Maxwell and Myra with early concepts posted on an OOC hinting that Myra could be a focus for his interests but instead- it became Terra- and that idea of localizing his fascination on school ground started to loose ground. Myra for example saw everyone else as a monster when she first arrived- it was only with the help of others that she started to realize that like her they are just people.

But Myra never got the chance to help Maxwell as I had hoped. Instead their main encounter was as you said- pushing away- and in an environment where such may have impacted Myra's development.

Edit: Realized we already talked about that XD hahahah

We did... :eek:

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Its interesting to envision the two undergoing parallel journeys towards self-truth and coming to terms with it, with your end goal being to have Myra realize she is more than just a mutant but a half-Hora and taking control of her future destiny as CEO, which fits the theme of an academy RP where the student characters learn to grow up, while Max... would have either realized Terra was not a monster but a human, forcing him to reflect that he too wasn't turned into a monster when he saw Salvia and gained his powers and that he needs to turn his life around.... or....

he would have given into temptation to be acknowledged by others as a human worthy of attention by attempting to expose Terra and be loved for saving the public from an unrestrained monster only to be thwarted, made to feel horrible and humiliated, cementing his hatred for Terra and monsters in general, accepting that he was tainted by evil (when he saw the Nether) accept that he is the bad person others say he is and be motivated to develop his powers to become a monster, taking him down a self-destructive path.

Maxwell fits into either of those two futures, though I like the first. (I see the second as sharper dressed though)

Still, It's probably a good thing Myra didn't force the door.

Such would have likely pushed him further towards the 2nd future upon finding out what she is latter (everyone is super at the academy so no surprise there).

Or not... Perhaps some early point should be chosen for the timeline's deviation.

Yes perhaps I could have indeed saved Max if I wasn't selfish to meet Terra and focused on Myra who was clearly a more sensible pursuit into monsters given the school based circumstances. My fatal mistake I suppose. Myra would progress ahead while Max lagged behind. :(

I had forgotten about that outline for Max's two potential futures... thanks for refreshing my memory. :)

Considering Damien's life course averted from and rose above fatalism towards a relatively happy ending of sorts therefore a part of me wants to contrast or balance out by giving Max the second ending where his fate is more tragic (he secretly wanted to be loved by everyone, only to cause everyone to hate him including himself). In a sense it would be a subverted mirror of Terra's redemption towards humanity from the Beast. Perhaps Max can be an example of failure, that not everyone can work through their problems and become better but become worse through a misguided but ironic intent to become better.

Moreover it parallels Myra rising and Max falling. :)

If I lean towards the first ending that is more hopeful I feel as though... its been done before (not just with Terra but also now with Damien) but as cliched as it is at the same time Max isn't inherently evil (or so I think at least) and might deserve better.

Ultimately its hard to say, while Damien was gradually charting a course through each instalment that gave shape to the notes on how his story ends, Max is by comparison more formless as an unrealised potential. It just so happens I've taken a personal preference for the second route purely out of aesthetic ideal but that doesn't necessarily exclude the first route either.

With regards to his relationship with Myra the untapped potential is regrettable. Did I ship them? A little, although I envisioned it as an unrequited crush from Max, before discovering her vampirism and creating drama. Alternatively he could have simply admired her greatly if she showed strength he felt he lacked, before he realizes she's a vampire and awakening his trauma.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:With regards to his relationship with Myra the untapped potential is regrettable. Did I ship them? A little, although I envisioned it as an unrequited crush from Max, before discovering her vampirism and creating drama. Alternatively he could have simply admired her greatly if she showed strength he felt he lacked, before he realizes she's a vampire and awakening his trauma.

I also shipped them- Myra was interesting when it came to things. Like- she was the only Atheist character I've portrayed- or at least she was atheist- so the age gap didn't bother her as it would Terra. Like- a lot of things where open for the character to do and worse is that she wouldn't have moral concerns- only concerns about herself- reputation and who she could exploit. Keeping friends because they are assets.

Did I want her to realize that she is indeed half Hora and that the supernatural isn't something devised by the Order to control the population? Yes- and that did happen rather suddenly and I'm glad it has. Sure Myra was making progress but also slipping- like she was still able to go either way.

Heck she practically took a tiny 2 inch tall character captive to treat as some kind of pet and got a little abusive before another student stepped in.

Myra was falling- and yeah she freaked out but who wouldn't at finding out that it's all true- having to face up to what they are- not mere animal but a being with importance in a battle beyond their capacity to fight. Such revelation has done her good and I hope such gets explored in the sequel to KGA.

-----------

... Myra remains a troubled character- before her powers emerged she wasn't like that but now that she has this power to lash out at authority she used it in KGA and got high on it- too high. Frequetnly hurting others for the thrill of not only having freedom but BEING in control of another rather then being controlled.

So- when I shipped Max and Myra it wasn't really a pretty match.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:06 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:With regards to his relationship with Myra the untapped potential is regrettable. Did I ship them? A little, although I envisioned it as an unrequited crush from Max, before discovering her vampirism and creating drama. Alternatively he could have simply admired her greatly if she showed strength he felt he lacked, before he realizes she's a vampire and awakening his trauma.

I also shipped them- Myra was interesting when it came to things. Like- she was the only Atheist character I've portrayed- or at least she was atheist- so the age gap didn't bother her as it would Terra. Like- a lot of things where open for the character to do and worse is that she wouldn't have moral concerns- only concerns about herself- reputation and who she could exploit. Keeping friends because they are assets.

Did I want her to realize that she is indeed half Hora and that the supernatural isn't something devised by the Order to control the population? Yes- and that did happen rather suddenly and I'm glad it has. Sure Myra was making progress but also slipping- like she was still able to go either way.

Heck she practically took a tiny 2 inch tall character captive to treat as some kind of pet and got a little abusive before another student stepped in.

Myra was falling- and yeah she freaked out but who wouldn't at finding out that it's all true- having to face up to what they are- not mere animal but a being with importance in a battle beyond their capacity to fight. Such revelation has done her good and I hope such gets explored in the sequel to KGA.

-----------

... Myra remains a troubled character- before her powers emerged she wasn't like that but now that she has this power to lash out at authority she used it in KGA and got high on it- too high. Frequetnly hurting others for the thrill of not only having freedom but BEING in control of another rather then being controlled.

Curiosity begs me to ask so... Was she a vampire or a an estranged half human daughter of Saliva?

With regard to shipping I had forgotten Myra was three years older since they were both First Years. Still it was never going to be more than a crush on Max's part due to his inferiority complex, I kind of now see it as somewhat akin to the Dipper and Wendy dynamic from Gravity Falls, if the two ever got along at all (not that Myra is analogous to Wendy in personality).

When they're both older I could see something developing but if Max remained the same character then the relationship would be rather dysfunctional I think. I could see Max's admiration turning to envy and resentment, considering himself weak he'd be secretly envious of the inherent power Myra possessed over other, thinking it gave her an advantage he never had, despite his initial fear of monsters.

In that regard Max would be a hypocrite.

Really I think this trope could fit him. He seems meek and mild mannered but he's actually an immature brat who genuinely wants to hurt those he feels have wronged him but lacks the constitution to go through with outright malice. At the same time he wants to be understood and accepted but would inevitably become a social leech. He would know this and overtime feel hollow being unable to stand on a level playing field with those he relies on.

Its a shame since Max isn't truly as weak as he thinks, although his power does require initiative or strong impulse to act he can harness the experience or even memories from his ancestral linkage that he specifically needs in a given situation. Human history is long and varied and the potential to tap into it and gain something 'firsthand' must have a use. In his dreams he can relive the lives of those who came before and be changed in some innate capacity.

He does show initiative when he acted to save Terra, in that moment he had nothing to gain but acted nonetheless. I suppose a small part of him wanted to be seen as a hero and seeing someone suffering firsthand did elicit empathy and a swift response. So his flaws are human but he is not without hope to change into a better person, even if that requires giving up on passivity and taking charge.

I had wanted the bully to lead towards manslaughter however - Max doesn't normally fight back but in a moment when pushed over the edge he snapped and took the bully's life even though he didn't mean to but inadvertently summoned the will to do so. He'd be a murderer and cross an internal threshold that made a new set of experience available to him - since killing is no anomaly in human history.

Maybe he would hide the body, return to school and initially struggling with paranoia and guilt such feelings would fade when he gets a sense of 'outgrowing' them from 'past' (ancestral) experience, as if he's been there before, too many times. He would change certainly, far less of a pushover but more monotone than nervous in expression, he has seemingly lost his soul. How would he move forward from that? I'm not sure at the moment but I think it would lead towards a self-destructive path. Could he still turn his life around? Maybe, if beneath the ancestral ego he still held remorse.

I would imagine he might put it behind him only to be directly confronted in some way towards the end of his character journey in KGA.

Alternatively he could do the right thing and turn himself in, considering he's technically a foreigner and 14 years old I'm not sure if he'd be tried for the death of a Japanese citizen or simply deported to the UAR. But this would pretty much end his presence on academy grounds and any potential character interaction. Except if it happened towards the end where he can no longer bear the guilt and admits it.

His story would have been a 'bildungsroman' so if a KGA sequel is the next-gen plus rather than the next academic year then he's already matured and has no academy related growth left.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:12 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Kylantha wrote:It's been a whiiile. . .

Hey Saes. What a while its been.

I'm going to be rewriting an old section on Damien's wiki page to convey a brief outline on a few of his past identities, including his previous life as 'Dmitri Lloyd' when he and Alfred Royale became adoptive brothers. Wanna collaborate on their life prior to and leading up to Alfred's tragic fate?

---------------

A spider crawled up to my neck, without even looking I instantly grabbed and threw it off, watching it flail about on the ground... for less than 30 seconds before it succumbed to its injury and died. Strange... such a casual and involuntary disregard of life... to think I literally took it in my grasp and crushed it. It didn't die instantly... was it struggling in its last moments to keep living I wonder.

That would be nice. Although I doubt that I can still write in an acceptable manner.

Now, regarding the spider... Hahah. I guess it's an instinct to kinda whap anything that feels odd when it makes contact with your skin... I've done that many times and regretted it. But only when it's a spider. When it's a fly or a mosquito I usually don't care, or even feel proud of myself for having rid the world of another pest.

When it's a roach that lands on you though... UGH...

Anyway. Sure hope it wasn't a jumping spider. I like jumping spiders.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:12 am

Harbertia wrote:I also shipped them- Myra was interesting when it came to things. Like- she was the only Atheist character I've portrayed- or at least she was atheist- so the age gap didn't bother her as it would Terra. Like- a lot of things where open for the character to do and worse is that she wouldn't have moral concerns- only concerns about herself- reputation and who she could exploit. Keeping friends because they are assets.

-----------

Curiosity begs me to ask so... Was she a vampire or a an estranged half human daughter of Saliva?

With regard to shipping I had forgotten Myra was three years older since they were both First Years. Still it was never going to be more than a crush on Max's part due to his inferiority complex, I kind of now see it as somewhat akin to the Dipper and Wendy dynamic from Gravity Falls, if the two ever got along at all (not that Myra is analogous to Wendy in personality).

When they're both older I could see something developing but if Max remained the same character then the relationship would be rather dysfunctional I think. I could see Max's admiration turning to envy and resentment, considering himself weak he'd be secretly envious of the inherent power Myra possessed over other, thinking it gave her an advantage he never had, despite his initial fear of monsters.

In that regard Max would be a hypocrite.

Really I think this trope could fit him. He seems meek and mild mannered but he's actually an immature brat who genuinely wants to hurt those he feels have wronged him but lacks the constitution to go through with outright malice. At the same time he wants to be understood and accepted but would inevitably become a social leech. He would know this and overtime feel hollow being unable to stand on a level playing field with those he relies on.

Its a shame since Max isn't truly as weak as he thinks, although his power does require initiative or strong impulse to act he can harness the experience or even memories from his ancestral linkage that he specifically needs in a given situation. Human history is long and varied and the potential to tap into it and gain something 'firsthand' must have a use. In his dreams he can relive the lives of those who came before and be changed in some innate capacity.

He does show initiative when he acted to save Terra, in that moment he had nothing to gain but acted nonetheless. I suppose a small part of him wanted to be seen as a hero and seeing someone suffering firsthand did elicit empathy and a swift response. So his flaws are human but he is not without hope to change into a better person, even if that requires giving up on passivity and taking charge.

I had wanted the bully to lead towards manslaughter however - Max doesn't normally fight back but in a moment when pushed over the edge he snapped and took the bully's life even though he didn't mean to but inadvertently summoned the will to do so. He'd be a murderer and cross an internal threshold that made a new set of experience available to him - since killing is no anomaly in human history.

Maybe he would hide the body, return to school and initially struggling with paranoia and guilt such feelings would fade when he gets a sense of 'outgrowing' them from 'past' (ancestral) experience, as if he's been there before, too many times. He would change certainly, far less of a pushover but more monotone than nervous in expression, he has seemingly lost his soul. How would he move forward from that? I'm not sure at the moment but I think it would lead towards a self-destructive path. Could he still turn his life around? Maybe, if beneath the ancestral ego he still held remorse.

I would imagine he might put it behind him only to be directly confronted in some way towards the end of his character journey in KGA.

Alternatively he could do the right thing and turn himself in, considering he's technically a foreigner and 14 years old I'm not sure if he'd be tried for the death of a Japanese citizen or simply deported to the UAR. But this would pretty much end his presence on academy grounds and any potential character interaction. Except if it happened towards the end where he can no longer bear the guilt and admits it.

His story would have been a 'bildungsroman' so if a KGA sequel is the next-gen plus rather than the next academic year then he's already matured and has no academy related growth left.

She's Half Soul Addicted Hora but it's unlikely to be Salvia. I don't think Salvia was even in China at that time and it's never actually been stated which of Myra's parents where Hora; only that during the Rebellion Against the Order her family's estate was burned down and she long with dozens of other refugees was sent to Japan away from the mainland where she- orphaned- entered the Order's foster system before Japan became a free state and the new government took on the task of tending to the fosters in Japan.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 am

See with magic I find it so much interesting when it is this Thing you need books upon books to explain. Magic to me is that same notion of trying to explain quantum physics, I have had professors explain it to me in whole essays and still not scratch the surface of it - but I love being able to sum it up in one sentence "the laws of maybe" and it pisses them off so much! XD

Magic to me is that, the fact that you don't know, and you may never know the entire truth of how the magic works, but you can quantify it in science. The body burns calories somehow to make this Force that the mind, or the heart, or the soul, uses to shape Reality in one way or another. Then you get the cases in literature where calories simply could not have been the fuel and you start to wonder, "Well, then the ritual materials must have energy, why?" I love the ability to explain the Unknown.

Once I heard a young man in a movie look to an elder and simpyl say magic is science you have yet to explain and he was partially right. Magic is something miraculous to the layman that to the mage who uses it is simply a tool. Firearms, you have those who utterly respect them for their life saving ability, you have those who are so used to them they get careless and sloppy. Those without them tend to be weary of them and understand the power such things possess.

Magic is strange and can have a lot of stigma associated with it as well as honor, I like to write from the atomic level with it however and tell you everything going on with it, but that is just the kind of guy I am personally, I want to teach and leave nothing to Mystery. I suppose in a sad way, as much as I love Magic (the unexplainable things of life) my ultimate goal is to kill it, for I want all to obtain such knowledge that magic is indeed no longer
Arcane
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 am

On the coattails of that, we should write something called Arcane following wizards and mages and witches, cause I would so love to play the nerdy one trying to amalgamate known science and magic.

"See this little robot? Its powered by..." The lad's robot begins to twitch, "the same magical force we utilize?" His robot shoots apart at the seems. "Well, it was supposed to moonwalk? But, closer than last time, last time it exploded with fire." Evidence of that being the rather cartoonish looking black smudges on his face. Leeroy sighed, "You can head back to the dorms now... I need to repair Sir Funkyleg, Chief Dancer of the Royal Court of Funktopia." Leeroy thought on that a second and answered before his pals could say anything, "Funk, I said funk." Scattered laughter would accompany the tribe of friends as they left the workshop.

Though then again I would totally write for a mage who sucked at magic and instead used a sword with enchantments.

Standing in the dueling arena the young squire holds up his glistening sword, shaking at the legs and in the process waving the sword from the movements of such, the prospect of actually being out here was awful especially now that he was not able to run away. "I am Sir Raegin, squire of," the mage standing across from him whipped his wand of wood and with that motion sent the sword clattering to the wooden stage many feet from him. "the Round," he glanced back to the sword and then to his opponent's sneering face, "Table." Those piercing amber eyes starring him down. "Come now, Raegin, too scared to wield that sacred blade of yours?" Wisps of green light impacting around the boy's, "You talk so mighty of that trinket, too scared of hurting someone?" She neared, her face seeming more wicked with each step. "You can't summon a familiar, you are unable to cast the simplest of spells without that blasted hunk of metal in your hand," with distance ever closing between them he would back peddle attempting to crawl back to the sword. A clank played in the air as it pressed to his lower back. A sinister looking light coming to the mage's wand as she neared him ever quicker, a touch made Raegin jolt as he looked to see a familiar face pressing a wand into his hand. "Fight, Rob!" He clutched the length and pointed it to his opponent, imagining the spells needed to end the duel, but still too scared they would cause harm once more. Instead he flicked it and flowers would sprout from the wood. "Make love not war? Please?" He grinned and she pointed the wand right at his forehead. Teachers beginning to gather though the headmaster had stayed them from ending the duel. In a movement almost one second too late Rob snatched up his blade and the bright light impacted it dispersing along the length of it.

Gently he poked Victoria to her sternum with the just tip of his sword, "Victor of the match is Robert of Class Delta, first to score a hit."

Okay, so it could use some refining, but the whole magery school thing could be fun!
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 am

Kylantha wrote:

Hey Saes. What a while its been.

I'm going to be rewriting an old section on Damien's wiki page to convey a brief outline on a few of his past identities, including his previous life as 'Dmitri Lloyd' when he and Alfred Royale became adoptive brothers. Wanna collaborate on their life prior to and leading up to Alfred's tragic fate?

---------------

A spider crawled up to my neck, without even looking I instantly grabbed and threw it off, watching it flail about on the ground... for less than 30 seconds before it succumbed to its injury and died. Strange... such a casual and involuntary disregard of life... to think I literally took it in my grasp and crushed it. It didn't die instantly... was it struggling in its last moments to keep living I wonder.

That would be nice. Although I doubt that I can still write in an acceptable manner.

Now, regarding the spider... Hahah. I guess it's an instinct to kinda whap anything that feels odd when it makes contact with your skin... I've done that many times and regretted it. But only when it's a spider. When it's a fly or a mosquito I usually don't care, or even feel proud of myself for having rid the world of another pest.

Apparently cockroach milk is quite nutritious, maybe even a superfood:

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists ... -superfood

Once upon a time, long ago really, I found a bag of flour infested with ants. Someone had told me that even ants need to drink water so when I saw their desert landscape (dry flour) I must have either felt pity or just wanted to do something nice for them so I got a glass of water and poured it into the bag.

... that spider was just living and moving, doing its own thing, it just plain bad luck it crawled up to my neck and I crushed it before even thinking. Like a literal hand of fate that snuffed out its life without a thought, just an automated mandate.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:39 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:On the coattails of that, we should write something called Arcane following wizards and mages and witches, cause I would so love to play the nerdy one trying to amalgamate known science and magic.

"See this little robot? Its powered by..." The lad's robot begins to twitch, "the same magical force we utilize?" His robot shoots apart at the seems. "Well, it was supposed to moonwalk? But, closer than last time, last time it exploded with fire." Evidence of that being the rather cartoonish looking black smudges on his face. Leeroy sighed, "You can head back to the dorms now... I need to repair Sir Funkyleg, Chief Dancer of the Royal Court of Funktopia." Leeroy thought on that a second and answered before his pals could say anything, "Funk, I said funk." Scattered laughter would accompany the tribe of friends as they left the workshop.

Though then again I would totally write for a mage who sucked at magic and instead used a sword with enchantments.

Standing in the dueling arena the young squire holds up his glistening sword, shaking at the legs and in the process waving the sword from the movements of such, the prospect of actually being out here was awful especially now that he was not able to run away. "I am Sir Raegin, squire of," the mage standing across from him whipped his wand of wood and with that motion sent the sword clattering to the wooden stage many feet from him. "the Round," he glanced back to the sword and then to his opponent's sneering face, "Table." Those piercing amber eyes starring him down. "Come now, Raegin, too scared to wield that sacred blade of yours?" Wisps of green light impacting around the boy's, "You talk so mighty of that trinket, too scared of hurting someone?" She neared, her face seeming more wicked with each step. "You can't summon a familiar, you are unable to cast the simplest of spells without that blasted hunk of metal in your hand," with distance ever closing between them he would back peddle attempting to crawl back to the sword. A clank played in the air as it pressed to his lower back. A sinister looking light coming to the mage's wand as she neared him ever quicker, a touch made Raegin jolt as he looked to see a familiar face pressing a wand into his hand. "Fight, Rob!" He clutched the length and pointed it to his opponent, imagining the spells needed to end the duel, but still too scared they would cause harm once more. Instead he flicked it and flowers would sprout from the wood. "Make love not war? Please?" He grinned and she pointed the wand right at his forehead. Teachers beginning to gather though the headmaster had stayed them from ending the duel. In a movement almost one second too late Rob snatched up his blade and the bright light impacted it dispersing along the length of it.

Gently he poked Victoria to her sternum with the just tip of his sword, "Victor of the match is Robert of Class Delta, first to score a hit."

Okay, so it could use some refining, but the whole magery school thing could be fun!

Sure, you can write the setting and I’ll help with some characters. :lol2:

Although I don’t know how well I’d be able to help since I’m working on other projects like KGAs Sequel and Adventure Awaits!!.
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:53 am

Harbertia wrote:She's Half Soul Addicted Hora but it's unlikely to be Salvia. I don't think Salvia was even in China at that time and it's never actually been stated which of Myra's parents where Hora; only that during the Rebellion Against the Order her family's estate was burned down and she long with dozens of other refugees was sent to Japan away from the mainland where she- orphaned- entered the Order's foster system before Japan became a free state and the new government took on the task of tending to the fosters in Japan.

I see. How do Half-Horas compare to Tise Horas?

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:See with magic I find it so much interesting when it is this Thing you need books upon books to explain. Magic to me is that same notion of trying to explain quantum physics, I have had professors explain it to me in whole essays and still not scratch the surface of it - but I love being able to sum it up in one sentence "the laws of maybe" and it pisses them off so much! XD

Magic to me is that, the fact that you don't know, and you may never know the entire truth of how the magic works, but you can quantify it in science. The body burns calories somehow to make this Force that the mind, or the heart, or the soul, uses to shape Reality in one way or another. Then you get the cases in literature where calories simply could not have been the fuel and you start to wonder, "Well, then the ritual materials must have energy, why?" I love the ability to explain the Unknown.

Once I heard a young man in a movie look to an elder and simpyl say magic is science you have yet to explain and he was partially right. Magic is something miraculous to the layman that to the mage who uses it is simply a tool. Firearms, you have those who utterly respect them for their life saving ability, you have those who are so used to them they get careless and sloppy. Those without them tend to be weary of them and understand the power such things possess.

Magic is strange and can have a lot of stigma associated with it as well as honor, I like to write from the atomic level with it however and tell you everything going on with it, but that is just the kind of guy I am personally, I want to teach and leave nothing to Mystery. I suppose in a sad way, as much as I love Magic (the unexplainable things of life) my ultimate goal is to kill it, for I want all to obtain such knowledge that magic is indeed no longer
Arcane

You know at least in classic fantasy, magic is a tangible expression of of ideas or intent... perhaps intent of an idea... if so then could magic and ideas come from the same place? The mind or somewhere beyond yet somehow still connected to the mind? If mind and magic share a common link then does mean they are aspects of a common source? If so does that mean magic is a fabric of reality, perhaps a conceptual plane, implying humans are greater than their physical sum if part of something that can let some of them reshape their physical existence.

This is perhaps both awe inspiring and horrifying, to imagine a human wielding such theoretical power, have they ascended or ensured their own destruction? Magic may one day be analogous to a technology that bends quantum physics, to live in a world without impossibilities, is that a goal for magic?

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:05 am

Kylantha wrote:That would be nice. Although I doubt that I can still write in an acceptable manner.

Once upon a time, long ago really, I found a bag of flour infested with ants. Someone had told me that even ants need to drink water so when I saw their desert landscape (dry flour) I must have either felt pity or just wanted to do something nice for them so I got a glass of water and poured it into the bag.

... that spider was just living and moving, doing its own thing, it just plain bad luck it crawled up to my neck and I crushed it before even thinking. Like a literal hand of fate that snuffed out its life without a thought, just an automated mandate.

Oh Lord have Mercy Jesus

You do not want cockroach milk from the ones we have here

Oh, how... Considerate. You sure you didn't just drown them? xD

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Harbertia wrote:She's Half Soul Addicted Hora but it's unlikely to be Salvia. I don't think Salvia was even in China at that time and it's never actually been stated which of Myra's parents where Hora; only that during the Rebellion Against the Order her family's estate was burned down and she long with dozens of other refugees was sent to Japan away from the mainland where she- orphaned- entered the Order's foster system before Japan became a free state and the new government took on the task of tending to the fosters in Japan.

I see. How do Half-Horas compare to Tise Horas?

It depends on the type.

Awakened Vampires (Half Soul Addicted Hora) have a different power set from individuals who are Half Hora (none addict). The Half None Addicted Hora have, just like Half Longa, some of a Tiste's powers though in weaker form. In their case Hora powers.

While Half Addicted Hora have powers more akin to Vampires.

While the wiki only once mentions the required 'half addicted' part and then just says 'half hora' for the rest of the Vampire article it remains a requirement for Vampiric powers (the Soul Addiction of the Tiste parent). It was just a fact not repeated through out the article.

The Awakened certainly have more primal animal like (thirst driven) powers of brute force while the regular Half Hora have more manipulative powers.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Kylantha wrote:

Oh Lord have Mercy Jesus

You do not want cockroach milk from the ones we have here

Oh, how... Considerate. You sure you didn't just drown them? xD

I probably did. Strange memory to retain.

The ability to reflect and regret... an intrinsic function in all humans, the ability to look into the past with a present-oriented perspective and to feel some measure of loss against oneself for past decisions or lack thereof. Does the process or something beyond it serve a self-beneficial purpose?

I might say... the goal of reflection is evolution but regret doesn't necessarily complement and may result in stifling and mental decay.

Hey Saes do you think the past is still playing out, like in a state of flux, continuously gluing itself to the present each moment that makes it up is continuously repeating itself, sustaining itself, feeding into a larger ever expanding energy that forms the backbone of the ever changing present?

Well, even if it was true the significance is only applicable to the self, there is a certain sense of overwhelming futility in tying down to regret, the only remedy being to step over it and continue with no choice but to learn from your decisions, because past regret does not exist to bind oneself in the present but only itself in the past.

But then why do people live with regret? It doesn't seem beneficial but still built-in, I suppose its like an energy (or something behind an energy) that is a natural by-product of reflection, but not everyone is able to redirect this energy to achieve something that moves past regret (another energy).

To achieve a life without regret would in theory require 'self-recycling' on a mental level but perhaps there is a comfort in mentally living in the past. Maybe its contentment. Its comfort but is it security? Yes... it can be to oneself, perhaps it is more tangible to hold to than a formless future, even at the cost of stifling with regret. Yes... this indeed self-destructive, lingering to the past, covering oneself in regret and letting it eat away at you until there is no more potential for growth.

Regret is... dangerous. But it is inevitable. Can one live unbound to the past without denying it? I suppose the hopeful answer is Yes.

If so then what is the key? Working backwards... regret arising from reflection; reflection is a cause for mental evolution, which goes in a direction to adapt and improve. So the regret from the past can then be moved on from so long as we leave armed with knowledge of experience that led to the original choice and the insight to make a different one.

Different becomes better. Regret from the past is a drive forward. Perhaps this some part of the mechanics behind reflection and regret (or my applied understanding), truly self-beneficial yet difficult to use.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:43 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I probably did. Strange memory to retain.

The ability to reflect and regret... an intrinsic function in all humans, the ability to look into the past with a present-oriented perspective and to feel some measure of loss against oneself for past decisions or lack thereof. Does the process or something beyond it serve a self-beneficial purpose?

I might say... the goal of reflection is evolution but regret doesn't necessarily complement and may result in stifling and mental decay.

Hey Saes do you think the past is still playing out, like in a state of flux, continuously gluing itself to the present each moment that makes it up is continuously repeating itself, sustaining itself, feeding into a larger ever expanding energy that forms the backbone of the ever changing present?

Well, even if it was true the significance is only applicable to the self, there is a certain sense of overwhelming futility in tying down to regret, the only remedy being to step over it and continue with no choice but to learn from your decisions, because past regret does not exist to bind oneself in the present but only itself in the past.

But then why do people live with regret? It doesn't seem beneficial but still built-in, I suppose its like an energy (or something behind an energy) that is a natural by-product of reflection, but not everyone is able to redirect this energy to achieve something that moves past regret (another energy).

To achieve a life without regret would in theory require 'self-recycling' on a mental level but perhaps there is a comfort in mentally living in the past. Maybe its contentment. Its comfort but is it security? Yes... it can be to oneself, perhaps it is more tangible to hold to than a formless future, even at the cost of stifling with regret. Yes... this indeed self-destructive, lingering to the past, covering oneself in regret and letting it eat away at you until there is no more potential for growth.

Regret is... dangerous. But it is inevitable. Can one live unbound to the past without denying it? I suppose the hopeful answer is Yes.

If so then what is the key? Working backwards... regret arising from reflection; reflection is a cause for mental evolution, which goes in a direction to adapt and improve. So the regret from the past can then be moved on from so long as we leave armed with knowledge of experience that led to the original choice and the insight to make a different one.

Different becomes better. Regret from the past is a drive forward. Perhaps this some part of the mechanics behind reflection and regret (or my applied understanding), truly self-beneficial yet difficult to use.

Hmmm. Thinking about this gave me a headache. I cannot provide an intellectual response.

Morrallia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrallia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Kylantha wrote:Hmmm. Thinking about this gave me a headache. I cannot provide an intellectual response.

Going to second this. Also, we never spoke much but you and I had no beef so it's good seeing you back.
Anti-this stupid trend of putting political beliefs in signatures. You're all kids playing big man on a rip-off of the Civilization series. If you all knew how to influence policies and run nations you wouldn't be on a Mongolian basket weaving forum (this one). Time to grow up, children.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Morrallia wrote:
Kylantha wrote:Hmmm. Thinking about this gave me a headache. I cannot provide an intellectual response.

Going to second this. Also, we never spoke much but you and I had no beef so it's good seeing you back.

Morrallia? My goodness- I thought you where like- gone gone from NS. It's great to see you :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Harbertia wrote:
It just occurred to me from reading the third answer... was Salvia's son, a full fledged Tiste Hora (with tainted lineage), born on Earth?
And just like Salvia, there must have been other survivors among the outcasts and Korli's army, though presumably few in number who were left or stayed behind.

1). Can you elaborate on the OOC origin of Salvia? What was the inception of her creation and how much of her character design came about as a reaction to Savior?

2). Zein is no longer with us, but their character of Savior is considered the most powerful canon character of the OM&T mythos. In the 500+ years since Salvia was summoned from the Rending do you picture her at any point to have encountered or interacted with Savior in any manner? What does Salvia think of Savior (and what do you think Savior would have thought of Salvia)?

Both of them are fundamentally on the opposite side of a grand design, perhaps even in ideals and agenda, its almost a shame the two were in the same city in Book II and never directly acknowledged each other (to my memory, although I think there was a moment where Savior alluded of Salvia as a curse bound to Damien, but I might be recalling false).

3). Out of fun curiosity, when Terra has a breakdown after witnessing Savior in Book One, do you think anything of note in the original story would have changed if the tiste she witnessed was Salvia? I recall reading how Terra saw Savior, a Tiste Longa, appearing as an angel, as divine retribution for her amoral deeds as the Beast, would she have a similar thought process if facing Salvia, a Tiste Hora, OM&T's equivalent of a demon?

4). When writing Salvia how do you engage in her thought process? She is someone whose experienced far more any mortal, from the circumstances of her birth (among the first Hora), her capture and tainting, fealty to Mer, exile to earth, her multi-century long influence on civilisation, role in Korli's invasion, loss of loved ones and departure into the Rending, in terms of experience she must have developed a very interesting overall state of mind that is unlike your other characters like Myra and Terra?

Salvia's son was indeed born on Earth and more of a Hora but having some light powers. Earth was the only home he knew, the outcast his only kin. He was young when the world was invaded- he fought for the only home he knew- and at such a young age fell by his recklessness. Salvia tends to remember one moment that she prizes of him- nothing fantastic but rather small- the two on a rock underneath a Savana tree watching the sun rise. As for the other survivors- Salvia went to Japan to be with a group of them- she had taken on the persona of a Kitsune and presumably those she joined up with where of similar types. I feel personally that those spirits Damien encountered in Japan where others.

1) Back in OM&T Book One I asked Zein if I can contribute to the mythology and provided him an example of Jalism. He let me and - actually gave me full reign over the topic. I had asked because I very much disliked Savior, and in our discussions Zein stated that Savior came from another RP where she was not a swearing violent terror- Zein told me that he regrets having changed her to be how she was in Book One. We texted about Savior's half human sister (who Zein also regretted but had added to balance out Savior's horrible-ness). According to Zein the sister was closer to what Savior was in previous appearances in the Multiverse. As we where on the topic of the Tiste I asked if I could create a dark counterpart to them, just like Angels have Demons- and Zein told me he has been thinking of such but had not got around to and that he'd like to see what I propose. So I create the Tiste Hora and again impressed he approved. He asked if I wanted to create a Tiste Hora character and I told him that I'd consider it but at the time I couldn't think of how to fit such a character into the plot so he mentioned about how (at the time) Book Two focused on the daughter of Hrova However that plot changed rather quickly as we the players really didn't want to continue the 'fall- buildup - apocalypse' plot line. Which lead to the relauch and replotting of Book 2 and our eventual take over. But before that- when you came as a new player- and in the process began discussion regarding rules about immortal characters- I thought about how Book one had helped me. I though about what was going on and about Zein wanting me to have a Hora character- and- while I don't remember clearly all that motivated me to send my request to you- my proposal- I do remember thinking about 'Her' the mysterious blue jean wearing black haired girl from my childhood. My memories of 'her' certainly gave me inspiration for Salvia. When I was in elementary school I got shoved to the ground by two other students and then- there was of course pain and well their voices fell silent and I heard someone ask If I needed any help. I saw a hand and some blue jeans and a girl obviously older then me and certainly not a student on the playground as the older kids had their own on the otherside. I took her hand and she helped me. I got a glimpse of her hair and necklace before looking to the side away from her and thanking her only to find that she was- gone. I never saw the two kids who pushed me ever again but I did see Her. I'd be alone having few friends and she'd appear- like some older sister I never had. She always vanished when someone came up to us or the bell rang. She helped me get through early school until the fourth or fifth grade. I was at home, she as usually appeared behind me and told me that we'd be unable to see each other again. I asked why and she wouldn't say- I suggested that if this is the last time we can see each other that we should make the most of it so we played a lot in the backyard and saying goodbye I waved- looked away as she started to walk off- looked back with some question I can't remember- and she was gone. It's from Her that I got inspiration to create a dark guardian angel character due to Her having black hair but being really nice and looking out for me. Having research alchemy in High School I devised utilziing what you had told me of Damien a bit more on the story about his father. Personality wise though- I felt a need to counter Savior since Ann Putnam (the sister) was not to be in Book Two. But as I became attached to Damien such motive of 'countering' Savior faded.

Note: will make additional post soon, Good morning :)

So about Savior... Savior comes from CYOS (create your own superhero) where she was very much a superman stand-in... her powers included reincarantion... originally she was a black man. Anyway, Zein left the rp and I took over playing Savior who went from g-rated curses to broken right before I inherited her (she married my character). Anyways, the next Saviour Zein made was edgy.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
Salvia's son was indeed born on Earth and more of a Hora but having some light powers. Earth was the only home he knew, the outcast his only kin. He was young when the world was invaded- he fought for the only home he knew- and at such a young age fell by his recklessness. Salvia tends to remember one moment that she prizes of him- nothing fantastic but rather small- the two on a rock underneath a Savana tree watching the sun rise. As for the other survivors- Salvia went to Japan to be with a group of them- she had taken on the persona of a Kitsune and presumably those she joined up with where of similar types. I feel personally that those spirits Damien encountered in Japan where others.

1) Back in OM&T Book One I asked Zein if I can contribute to the mythology and provided him an example of Jalism. He let me and - actually gave me full reign over the topic. I had asked because I very much disliked Savior, and in our discussions Zein stated that Savior came from another RP where she was not a swearing violent terror- Zein told me that he regrets having changed her to be how she was in Book One. We texted about Savior's half human sister (who Zein also regretted but had added to balance out Savior's horrible-ness). According to Zein the sister was closer to what Savior was in previous appearances in the Multiverse. As we where on the topic of the Tiste I asked if I could create a dark counterpart to them, just like Angels have Demons- and Zein told me he has been thinking of such but had not got around to and that he'd like to see what I propose. So I create the Tiste Hora and again impressed he approved. He asked if I wanted to create a Tiste Hora character and I told him that I'd consider it but at the time I couldn't think of how to fit such a character into the plot so he mentioned about how (at the time) Book Two focused on the daughter of Hrova However that plot changed rather quickly as we the players really didn't want to continue the 'fall- buildup - apocalypse' plot line. Which lead to the relauch and replotting of Book 2 and our eventual take over. But before that- when you came as a new player- and in the process began discussion regarding rules about immortal characters- I thought about how Book one had helped me. I though about what was going on and about Zein wanting me to have a Hora character- and- while I don't remember clearly all that motivated me to send my request to you- my proposal- I do remember thinking about 'Her' the mysterious blue jean wearing black haired girl from my childhood. My memories of 'her' certainly gave me inspiration for Salvia. When I was in elementary school I got shoved to the ground by two other students and then- there was of course pain and well their voices fell silent and I heard someone ask If I needed any help. I saw a hand and some blue jeans and a girl obviously older then me and certainly not a student on the playground as the older kids had their own on the otherside. I took her hand and she helped me. I got a glimpse of her hair and necklace before looking to the side away from her and thanking her only to find that she was- gone. I never saw the two kids who pushed me ever again but I did see Her. I'd be alone having few friends and she'd appear- like some older sister I never had. She always vanished when someone came up to us or the bell rang. She helped me get through early school until the fourth or fifth grade. I was at home, she as usually appeared behind me and told me that we'd be unable to see each other again. I asked why and she wouldn't say- I suggested that if this is the last time we can see each other that we should make the most of it so we played a lot in the backyard and saying goodbye I waved- looked away as she started to walk off- looked back with some question I can't remember- and she was gone. It's from Her that I got inspiration to create a dark guardian angel character due to Her having black hair but being really nice and looking out for me. Having research alchemy in High School I devised utilziing what you had told me of Damien a bit more on the story about his father. Personality wise though- I felt a need to counter Savior since Ann Putnam (the sister) was not to be in Book Two. But as I became attached to Damien such motive of 'countering' Savior faded.

So about Savior... Savior comes from CYOS (create your own superhero) where she was very much a superman stand-in... her powers included reincarantion... originally she was a black man. Anyway, Zein left the rp and I took over playing Savior who went from g-rated curses to broken right before I inherited her (she married my character). Anyways, the next Saviour Zein made was edgy.

Which Savior was that?
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Was that her OM&T counterpart? Are they separate entities or the same person?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am

Morrallia wrote:

I don't remember you at all. :(

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:25 am

I dreamt I was a chicken... swimming in a sterile looking metal barn filled with corn soup and other chickens. Maybe I was a duck?

I remember hearing my own voice, as if there were another me, saying how these chickens somehow know and furthermore accept that they're destined for slaughter, that they're able to tell from the confined space and constant supply of food (corn) that this is too good to be true but they're resigned nonetheless, just compelled to keep eating as the only thing they can do.

Harbertia wrote:
Morrallia wrote:Going to second this. Also, we never spoke much but you and I had no beef so it's good seeing you back.

Morrallia? My goodness- I thought you where like- gone gone from NS. It's great to see you :D

That awkward moment where you have no idea who a certain someone is only for someone else to remember them instantly...
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morrallia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrallia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:33 am

Harbertia wrote:
Morrallia wrote:Going to second this. Also, we never spoke much but you and I had no beef so it's good seeing you back.

You . . . you saw me a few weeks ago.
Anti-this stupid trend of putting political beliefs in signatures. You're all kids playing big man on a rip-off of the Civilization series. If you all knew how to influence policies and run nations you wouldn't be on a Mongolian basket weaving forum (this one). Time to grow up, children.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Morrallia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Morrallia? My goodness- I thought you where like- gone gone from NS. It's great to see you :D

Going by daily usage of NS that’s a long time to be gone.
Last edited by Rynagria on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Morrallia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Morrallia? My goodness- I thought you where like- gone gone from NS. It's great to see you :D

My short term memory is very poor. It's an issue. I'll be dedicated to something and then forget why I was interested in only to weeks after say 'Hey remember this? I want to bring it back! It was so good!"
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:00 pm

====================
=STAR WARS RETHINK=
====================

Scenario: Palpatine (as Sidious) doesn't approach Dooku.

Basis: Now we know Sidious had great foresight- could cloud the mind of the Jedi even. But as seen in his undoing all men, regardless of power, make mistakes. Interestingly Episode Two offers the most clear image of how things could have been different. Nute Gunray, of the Trade Federation- when brought before the Senate for trial over the occupation of Naboo- warned the Republic of the Sith Lord. Now- the senate dismissed after getting the Jedi Council's opinion- such a claim. The Jedi Council under Mace Windu did not believe a Sith Lord capable of hiding his presence from them in Corosaunt- the largest concentration of Jedi in the Galaxy.

As stated in Episode 2 Nute Gunray sought out Dooku, a former Jedi who had left the Order to return to his family's holdings where he became Count. Nute presented his case to Dooku, who long aware of the corruption of the Jedi Order and the Senate- believed such. Dooku states in Episode 2 that he sought to find this Sith Lord but the Sith Lord found him.

So- imagine if you will for a moment that Dooku with his resourced discovered Palpatine before Palpatine could approach Dooku. Now imagine that Dooku sets out to organize these worlds leaving the Republic- seeing war on the horizon.

Imagine for a moment, that the CIS isn't manipulated by Darth Sidious.... We know Obi-Wan would still not believe Dooku, but imagine....
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse