NATION

PASSWORD

Azura Skies: From Dust [OOC/PMT/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Azura Skies: From Dust [OOC/PMT/OPEN]

Postby Cerrania » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Azura Skies: From Dust

"What was odd to me was... how quietly the apocalypse seemed to come. It was like by the time the Azuran ships started dumping rounds onto our cites...by the time their troops started marching through our streets... It was too late. Almost no resistance was offered. It's like we accepted it, y'know? Like humanity just laid down and took the kicking. And boy were we kicked. The Azurans almost cleaned out our major cities, leaving those who did survive to flee to the countryside. No one fought back. How could we? They crippled our military first. They forced us to assimilate, to submit to their rule. They got comfortable, let us retain some scraps of our old life.

That was their first mistake. Now, humanity is rising back from the dust. And we're pissed off."

-Kami Hofuku Officer

Welcome, everyone, to a CerraniaTM Production! In this roleplay, Azura Skies: From Dust, you will play as an individual struggling to survive in the wake of an extra-terrestrial invasion in the city of Tokyo. There will be several preset factions, as well as a few slots open to player-created factions for you all to make! As far as the actual plot goes, it will be mostly free-form. Though there will be a central storyline that can drive characters, every person is free to do whatever they want on Azuran Earth. Just be careful you don't run into a Quietus Patrol... but more on them later!

This RP will be both open world and scripted events. Characters will be mainly free-form, but I may edit/accept/reject as I see fit to fill certain character roles that may need filling/already have an overabundance. To establish a divide, it is my job, as OP, to create an interesting and fun plot to RP. Your characters can pick between the many options that will be placed on the table as per my plot-writing, and those actions that your characters take will heavily influence the story.

Anyways, before we delve into the meaty bits of this creation of mine, let's establish some rules that I'm sure you all already know, but are good to have in writing anyways.

1.) Cerrania is your OP, and you fully accept that. Obey him.
    2.) One-liners, two-liners, even three-liners are a huge no-no. Every post should have quality, structure, and volume. I don't want books, but try to make every post at least a paragraph. Three strike system here.
    3.) Godmodding is out. In fights, of either faction v. faction, or character v. character, discuss or pre-determine the winner of the fight.
    4.) Explicit permission to harm or kill other authors' characters is required. If it is not given, it is absolutely not allowed.
    5.) Realism, please. Some technology guidelines will be given below.
    6.) Don't be a dick.
    7.) Please make an effort to tell me if you're leaving the RP. I don't need a reason, I just want to know you're gone.

Okay. Now for a bit of lore. I preface this by saying you do not need to know all of this. You only need to get the general gist of it.

It was in 2035 C.E. that humanity came to discover that it was, in fact, not alone in the galaxy. Far from it, in fact. After decades of transmitting data, sound, smell, and images into space to be picked up by extra-terrestrial beings, it finally was. The United States Solar Command, USSC, picked up a mysterious signal passing through their informational filters. After frantic decoding, and an emergency meeting of the United Nations, it was discovered that there was alien life. And mankind was the first extraterrestrial beings they had made contact with as well.

Pax Galactica came next. The much of the developed world united in a global effort in order to find a better way to contact these ETs. It was almost half a year before a breakthrough was discovered. Using an advanced receiver to replay the waves of information that had been sent by our new galactic neighbors, it was determined their general direction relative to Earth's orbit, and the amount of time it had taken for the waves to reach Earth. Relaying another transmission in a much more direct cone, Earth's nations patiently waited for a response. It was only a few weeks before one was received. The ETs, acknowledging how close Earth and their planet - which roughly translated to be called Azura - were, decided to up and come visit. Humanity was given an estimate of four months before they arrived, as their spaceships were capable of travel at a large percentage of light speed.

What followed next was a scramble by Earth's nations to prepare. Some, fearing an imperialistic juggernaut of an alien race, bolstered their military and hunkered down for the worst. Others, a tad more optimistic, began the process of preparing their population and cities to be visited by a peaceful race. Many others simply carried on life as was, presuming that the aliens should see them in as honest a form as possible.

It was January 10th, 2036, at approximately 10:34:13 A.M., when the first ships were noticed in the sky. Initially, when entering Earth's orbit, they were just seen as tiny specks of light; out of place stars that seemed to move ever so slowly, independent of Earth's rotation. By 1:16:42 A.M. of January 11th, the tiny specks had grown into large, floating lights in the sky. It was confirmed, then, by the USSC, that the extra-terrestrials arrived. Those nations that had prepared their military collectively cocked back their rifles, and those who had been beautifying themselves gathered in the streets to watch television broadcasts of the arrival.

The ETs - or Azurans, as many had begun to call them - anchored their vessels in almost every major city in the world. New York, Paris, Cairo, Dubai, Berlin, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and more all received at least one massive ship. Quiet for a long time, the ships simply waited, floating, alien zeppelins in the sky. It was on January 15th, at 12:43 P.M., when Azurans began emerging from their ships. Tall, gaunt things, they possessed a deep blue hue to their skin and wore what looked to be re-breathers on their face. It was later discovered the atmosphere of Earth was fairly toxic to Azurans, and they could only breath it for a few minutes before perishing. Not that those few minutes would matter, as due to Azurans physiology and a complex reaction it has with oxygen-mixed molecules, they would be thrown into paralysis almost immediately upon breathing Earth air.

The Azurans came with open arms. Having studied different Earth languages along their travels, they almost immediately set about teaching those who so chose about their language and culture. Their scientists met with ours, exchanging massive amounts of information and resources, commencing the largest cultural and technological diffusions in human history. Many experts estimated the technology and resources that the Azurans gave us jumped us forwards 50+ years. Though, the speculation was that it was still nowhere near the capabilities that the Azurans possessed. Months upon months of research and peaceful interaction were spent with these extra-terrestrials, and even some of the nations who had prepared for invasion came out of their holes to welcome Azuran ships into their skies. It had seemed a new era of peace, partnership, and prosperity and come down upon Earth. Cooperation between nations was at an all-time high, and many Earthly conflicts had been resolved by the inception of Azuran culture, language, and technology into society. This era of peace, known as Earth's Blue Age - after our benefactors - lasted for more than three years.

October 23rd, 2039, 8:37 A.M. Eastern Seaboard Time Zero Hour, to those who remember the day. The Azurans, who had receded back into their ships the previous night, had yet to emerge from their ships. It was odd, especially, for them. Every since learning about the 24 hour day and its relation to work schedules on Earth, the Azurans had been obsessed with the concept of punctuality and were exactly on time, or ten minutes early, for everything. Many labs, businesses, facilities, and other institutions were scratching their heads, wondering what had happened to their partners. At 8:40 A.M., a strange hum began emanating from the Azuran ships, across the world. At 8:41 A.M., a massive bolts of energy rocketed out from the Azuran ships, and began tearing apart the cityscapes. The first shot in London eviscerated London Bridge, the first shot in Paris toppled the Eiffel Tower, and the Burj Khalifa was cut in half by the opening blast in Dubai. People ran in every which direction, screaming. The Azuran ships seemed to care little for this, however, and simply began firing indiscriminately. Pods were dropped by the thousands from the ships, deploying Azuran soldiers in droves. Tall, pure-black skinned, and extremely muscular, the soldiers carried intimidating weapons which they used to deadly effect. Those not killed by the bombardment by the ship were hunted down and slaughtered by the systematic and efficient Azuran troops. Almost no resistance was offered, anywhere. How could there have been? We had accepted Azurans into our society with open arms.

It only took a few weeks for the Azurans to be finished with their annihilation. When they had sufficiently cleaned out the cities, most left to formless rubble, they sent out a broadcast to the rest of the human population. In terrifyingly perfect English, they spoke of how we, as Earth, had been officially assimilated into the Azuran Commonwealth.

As of the present date, March 26th, 2040, humans in many nations had survived a particularly harsh winter in the suburbs and countrysides that they rested their heads. Many began a migration back into the city, hoping to find new life and a sense of purpose. It is here our story begins. As plucky New Grime(more seasoned residents of cities like to give slang terms to newcomers), or as a grizzled, tough survivor, you will carve out your journey here, in the wake of Azura Skies.

I strongly recommend you read most of this before applying

Code: Select all

(DELETE ALL TEXT IN PARENTHESES, IF THIS IS NOT DONE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE)
[align=center][size=175][b]From Dust Character Profile[/b][/size][/align]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] (Anywhere between 14-45)

[b]Gender:[/b] (Can also include what your character identifies as sexually here)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Can be an image, text-based, or both)

[b]Personality:[/b] (At least one paragraph please, PLUS the traits system attached to this section)
(Space for writing here)

[i]Traits[/i]
[list]Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause?
Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you?
Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions?
Do you work better by yourself or in a group?
Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic?[/list]

[b]Biography:[/b] (Since I hate detailed biographies myself, a paragraph or two is adequate here)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (Use the format provided. Please add or delete bullets as needed)
[i]Weapons[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[i]Clothing and Garments[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]
[i]Other Equipment[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*][/list]

[b]Faction:[/b] (You can be undeclared)

[b]Occupation within Faction:[/b]

4211 DO NOT DELETE
From Dust Character Profile

Name: Jonas Burnham

Appearance: Gear on, Gear off. Also, shirtless

Personality: Jonas is, through and through, the classic example of an opportunist. He, throughout his life, has taken advantage of prosperous situations and used them to his benefit. Never really has he stuck with something, and it emerges in his character. Cold, seemingly disinterested, and hard to impress, Jonas is a lazy perfectionist. He expects the best out of those around him, but sometimes cannot or will not meet those same standards. Jonas is quite intelligent, and fully cognizant of his flaws. He simply chooses not to address them. He is prone to being manipulative, using people's own emotions against them in order to use them. Jonas rarely starts conflict, but he almost always finishes them on top.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? Personal gain.
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others start the conflict? Let others start the conflict.
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Creative, intellectual solutions.
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? By himself.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? Realistic

Biography: Jonas moved to ______ when his father, a fairly wealthy lawyer, was offered a promotion and an increased pay grade. Despite the clear benefits of the move, Jonas mother vehemently protested, stating that the Burnham family was "perfectly fine where it was". Jonas' father responded by swiftly divorcing her, telling Jonas, "Those who do not agree with you or follow you must be left behind." Jonas took this advice to heart as he and his father prospered in _______, living an affluent lifestyle in a penthouse apartment.

However, this joy would not last long. Zero Hour came only a few years into Jonas' new life. Being one of the wealthy few, Jonas and his father were sequestered onto a private jet. They were climbing to altitude, and nearly out of the city, when an Azuran anti-air battery picked them up, and blasted the plane out of the sky. The jet subsequently crashed into the suburbs surrounding the city, killing Jonas' father and everyone else on board. Jonas was left as a sole survivor. After surviving for several months on scraps and emptied homes, Jonas was picked up by the Kami Hofuku as they traveled through the suburbs on their long march back to the city, and has been enlisted with them ever since.

Equipment: (Use the format provided. Please add or delete bullets as needed. Images are encouraged.)
Weapons
Clothing and Garments
  • Overcoat
  • Military fatigues
  • Bulletproof vest
  • Necklace with his father's name inscribed on a circle, surrounding a star.
Other Equipment
  • Gas mask
  • 30 ft of nylon rope, extremely thin.
  • 1 week's worth of field rations
  • Ammunition

Faction: Kami Hofuku

Occupation within Faction: Enlisted soldier. Currently on strike detail.

4211 DO NOT DELETE
Human Faction Roster

NOTE: All factions, and thusly those characters in the faction, will be interacting at the start of the roleplay, whether it be conflict, trade, or some combination thereof.

• Kami Hofuku: Started by an officer of the American Army - who was clearly terrible at Latin - Kami Hofuku is the primary resistance faction against the Azuran rule of Earth. Controlling a fair amount of resources, having scurried from the city with a large supply of weapons and munitions, Kami Hofuku has just recently moved back into the urban landscape and is attempting to reinstate order among in the city zones not actively controlled by the Azurans. It has roughly 2,000 military capable members, with a few thousand non-military members who are just standard civilians. They control several blocks of the city directly, but their influence spreads far wider than that, and they are beginning to draw the eye of the Azurans.

• Gaio's Dogs: A collection of grizzled city survivors with a rather unfortunate title, they take their namesake from their founding member, Ronson Gaye. Originally, it was just a collection of individuals whom were chose not to leave the city, were occupied with city matters when the invasion came, or were cut off by the attack and did not have an opportunity to leave the city. Ronson gathered many of these individuals in a shopping mall inside the city, where they cowered in an attic for weeks. When the attacks ended, they emerged to a destroyed cityscape, and immediately went to work forging a life from the city. They have accumulated roughly 650 members, with enough weapons to arm a good one-third should any conflict arise. They control a shopping mall on the fringes of Azuran controlled city.

• Rubble Scrapers: The Rubble Scrapers are the opportunists of the wasted city, scavenging for valuable goods around the city and visiting other factions to trade these goods for asylum or other staple goods. They have roughly 200 known members, though rumor has it that they control a significant portion of the city's intricate subway system.

• Toshi: One of the unique factions in the sense that they are based almost entirely underground. Toshi is actually the name of their settlement, which is a massive "city" located inside one of the massive tubes of the subway system. It stretches almost a full three miles down the track, with a staggering number of almost 12,000 members inside. A full 4,000 of these individuals are military capable, though the faction is severely under-armed. It only has enough weapons to arm 1,000 of these individuals. The founder of this faction is unkonwn, and general consensus is that the settlement was created when a few hundred survivors fled into the subway system and hid from the Azuran invasion.

• Hightower Security and Associates: The remnants of a megacorporation and its private military elements, Hightower Security and Associates, also known as simply Hightower, is a collection of wealthy businessman, their security details, and a fairly large number of survivors. These survivors taken in by Hightower, however, must go through an application process, the details of which are unknown. Extremely well-armed, and possessing a "professional" military of about 550, with about another 1,000 military capable individuals. It also serves as the home for a further 1,700 non-military civilians. Hightower's base, a skyscraper that was seemingly devastated by the invasion - yet still very tall - is located just inside Azuran territory. Rumor has it that a deal between Hightower's leaders and the Azurans were struck, and that is the reason the two technically coexist.

• The Stations: Another underground faction that has remained largely undetected by the Azurans, The Stations are actually a conglomerate of separate train stations throughout the Old Tokyo Metro. They were founded by a group of outsiders to the city who brought a wide range of weaponry, and the survivors disseminated throughout the Metro and slowly grew their population. Now, The Stations act as if life simply has not been interrupted by the Azuran annexation, though that attitude may change once their strength has grown.

• Open for application!

• Open for application!

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=175][b]From Dust Faction Application[/b][/size][/align]

(DELETE ALL TEXT IN PARENTHESES. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FINISHED IF YOU DO NOT.)
[b]Faction Name:[/b]

[b]Faction Leader/Leaders:[/b]

[b]Faction Total Population:[/b]
[list][i]Total Military-Capable Individuals:[/i](This number should not exceed 1/3 of your total population)
[i]Total non-Military Individuals:[/i][/list]

[b]Faction Origins/History:[/b] (One paragraph will suffice)

[b]Faction Military:[/b] (Description here)
[i]Faction Military Traits[/i]
(Pick two. Place an "x" next to those you choose)
[list][*]Hunting Store: Your faction controls a hunting and fishing store. They are skilled in marksmanship and precision strikes. They have an abundance of precision weapons, such as the Mosin Nagant. (X goes here)
[*]Unity: Your faction's military fights as one. They are skilled in small unit tactics and logistics. (X goes here)
[*]Guerrilla Warfare: Your faction is very good at hit-and-run tactics. They can navigate the cityscape excellently and know the best ambush spots. (X goes here)
[*]Zeal: Your faction is pissed off. Whoever they fight, they fight brutally and to the death. (X goes here)
[*]Police Station: Your faction controls a police station stocked with weapons. They are skilled with pistols and shotguns. They have an abundance of bulletproof vests and sidearms. (X goes here)
[*]Boomers: Your faction has managed to find someone who can craft makeshift explosives, provided they have the resources. (X goes here)
[*]Outsiders: Your faction is new to the city. They have brought weapons and equipment that would not regularly be seen inside the city. They have an abundance of civilian legal assault weapons, such as the AR-15, and some illegal weapons, such as the AK-47. (X goes here)[/list]

[b]Faction Short Term Goals:[/b]

[b]Faction Long Term Goals:[/b]

4619 DO NOT DELETE

The city the roleplay will take place in is Tokyo. It will still be the same city you know and love. However, there are a few changes. First, the Azurans control a massive swath of the city in the center, containing both the Ikebukuro and Kasumigaseki Wards. They have their ship anchored in the core of their territory, with a large spire serving as a space elevator leading to it. Much of the Azuran territory has been Azuran-ized, with their own architecture and culture permeating the city. Second, that territory which is not controlled by the Azurans is divided up into factions of humans vying for resources and control. Third, the city is a mess. Many landmarks have been reduced to skeletons of themselves, or pure rubble. Though some of the city still remains intact, most of it(95%) is war-torn. Fourth, the air is choked. A byproduct of the Azurans' weapons and destruction, the air is thick with ash and vaporized detritus. Gas masks and rebreathers are a necessity, so include them in your equipment. Fifth, "nuclear winter". At the inception of the roleplay, the real winter is taking its leave. However, due to the air and significant amount of ash, the city is still in a nuclear winter of sorts.
The Azurans are a tall species, standing at average about 2.5 metres tall. They have a very gaunt appearance, and usually take on white, blue, or black color tones. Generally humanoid in appearance, they have a very large mouth, which takes up more than half of their head, and moves from several angles for speaking and eating. Azurans will never be seen without a rebreather mask on outside their ship, as Earth air is toxic to their physiology.

Some variants include:
  • Soldier Variant: The Soldier variant looks almost identical to a generic Azuran. However, it stands at an average of 3 metres high, and is much more muscular. The Soldier is also genetically engineered to a very tough, yet quite flexible, exoskeleton. It gives the appearance of skin, if a bit oddly colored and much tighter around the muscles. However, the "skin" is actually a collection of microplates designed to absorb impact and punctures.

• Servitor Variant: Originating from a mutation in the Azuran gene pool that has become extremely common, Servitor variants are rarely seen outside of Azuran controlled territory. They stand about as tall as humans do, averaging 2 metres. They are usually thicker than regular Azurans, and have the job of janitors and public servants.

The Azuran military functions much in the same way that modern-day Earth militaries function. Soldiers are divided into small units, and then larger units, all the way up until they are considered part of the Azuran armed forces as a whole. Though the military is mainly confined to guarding Azuran controlled cityscape, groups of Azurans, dubbed Quietus Squads, roam the streets of non-Azuran cityscape. They pretty much kill-on-sight, though some have been seen kidnapping survivors of engagements.
Last edited by Cerrania on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 pm

My goodness, I am impressed at this. You sir, you have my interest raised.

TAG.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:38 am

Stormwrath wrote:My goodness, I am impressed at this. You sir, you have my interest raised.

TAG.

Great! Glad to have you on board. By any chance, will you be making a character and a faction? Or just a character?
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 am

Also, probably should have established this before, but everyone will start off interacting with either another PC or a faction that a PC is a part of.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:49 am

Very interested in this, would probably prefer a location to be settled upon before I put in a character app though. If you need another faction I'm fairly certain I can cobble something together that'll work no matter where it is.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:Very interested in this, would probably prefer a location to be settled upon before I put in a character app though. If you need another faction I'm fairly certain I can cobble something together that'll work no matter where it is.

Probably going to do Tokyo. Seems like an interesting place to start. Gonna poll it, though.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Technology post probably coming soon.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Cerrania wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:Very interested in this, would probably prefer a location to be settled upon before I put in a character app though. If you need another faction I'm fairly certain I can cobble something together that'll work no matter where it is.

Probably going to do Tokyo. Seems like an interesting place to start. Gonna poll it, though.

Well, I'm definitely voting Tokyo. :p
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Videssos wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Probably going to do Tokyo. Seems like an interesting place to start. Gonna poll it, though.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do Tokyo. Just my favorite option. I'll edit some of the faction names to suit it.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Cerrania wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:My goodness, I am impressed at this. You sir, you have my interest raised.

TAG.

Great! Glad to have you on board. By any chance, will you be making a character and a faction? Or just a character?

Just a character. I'm not sure if I'm going to have her join Igna Nova (or its Japanese equivalent) or not.

Cerrania wrote:
Videssos wrote:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do Tokyo. Just my favorite option. I'll edit some of the faction names to suit it.

*pulls out drawer for Japanese names*

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Great! Glad to have you on board. By any chance, will you be making a character and a faction? Or just a character?

Just a character. I'm not sure if I'm going to have her join Igna Nova (or its Japanese equivalent) or not.

Cerrania wrote:Yeah, I think I'm gonna do Tokyo. Just my favorite option. I'll edit some of the faction names to suit it.

Heh. There's also Gaio's Dogs, Rubble Scrapers, and Hightower, not to mention Civitas.

However, some name changes are under effect. Igna Nova will become Hofuku, and Civitas will become Toshi.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Cerrania wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Just a character. I'm not sure if I'm going to have her join Igna Nova (or its Japanese equivalent) or not.

Heh. There's also Gaio's Dogs, Rubble Scrapers, and Hightower, not to mention Civitas.

However, some name changes are under effect. Igna Nova will become Hofuku, and Civitas will become Toshi.

Excellent.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Heh. There's also Gaio's Dogs, Rubble Scrapers, and Hightower, not to mention Civitas.

Excellent.

I await your app with bated breath. :p

Say, is In Memorial Of The Fallen still open to new members? Or are you too far into it to really permit them? I was in it briefly, before I kinda dropped off the face of the Earth.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Cerrania wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Excellent.

I await your app with bated breath. :p

Say, is In Memorial Of The Fallen still open to new members? Or are you too far into it to really permit them? I was in it briefly, before I kinda dropped off the face of the Earth.

Don't worry, it's still open. 2nd year to 4th year students, as well as Hunters outside of Beacon are open as well.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Cerrania wrote:I await your app with bated breath. :p

Don't worry, it's still open. 2nd year to 4th year students, as well as Hunters outside of Beacon are open as well.

Cool, I'll consider dropping an app.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:30 am

Creating a Tokyo based app now.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:05 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:Creating a Tokyo based app now.

Awesome! Hopefully we'll garner a tad more attention soon.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:04 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
From Dust Faction Application

Faction Name: The Stations

Faction Leader/Leaders:Amatov Krushkev, Yamato Higara, Hattori Yoshimitsu

Faction Total Population:4,000
    Total Military-Capable Individuals:1000
    Total non-Military Individuals:3000

Faction Origins/History: The Station is a an alliance of 8 underground train stations, each being a little city of its own and they do everything Old Tokyo did before it was blown apart. They farm, they trade, they raise, the die, they live, and everything underground. They have so far avoided any hostile fights against the Azurans.

Faction Military: The Stations employed former soldiers that survived the war. Civilians that are known marksmen are also hired.
    Faction Military TraitsBest snipers around. Not good at hand to hand combat

• Hunting Store: Your faction controls a hunting and fishing store. They are skilled in marksmanship and precision strikes. They have an abundance of precision weapons, such as the Mosin Nagant. X
    • Boomers: Your faction has managed to find someone who can craft makeshift explosives, provided they have the resources. X
    • Outsiders: Your faction is new to the city. They have brought weapons and equipment that would not regularly be seen inside the city. They have an abundance of civilian legal assault weapons, such as the AR-15, and some illegal weapons, such as the AK-47. (X goes here)

Faction Short Term Goals: Avoid fights with the Azurans while they are still weak

Faction Long Term Goals:Survive.

4619 DO NOT DELETE
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 am

Korhal IVV wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
From Dust Faction Application

Faction Name: The Stations

Faction Leader/Leaders:Amatov Krushkev, Yamato Higara, Hattori Yoshimitsu

Faction Total Population:4,000
    Total Military-Capable Individuals:1000
    Total non-Military Individuals:3000

Faction Origins/History: The Station is a an alliance of 8 underground train stations, each being a little city of its own and they do everything Old Tokyo did before it was blown apart. They farm, they trade, they raise, the die, they live, and everything underground. They have so far avoided any hostile fights against the Azurans.

Faction Military: The Stations employed former soldiers that survived the war. Civilians that are known marksmen are also hired.
    Faction Military TraitsBest snipers around. Not good at hand to hand combat

• Hunting Store: Your faction controls a hunting and fishing store. They are skilled in marksmanship and precision strikes. They have an abundance of precision weapons, such as the Mosin Nagant. X
    • Boomers: Your faction has managed to find someone who can craft makeshift explosives, provided they have the resources. X
    • Outsiders: Your faction is new to the city. They have brought weapons and equipment that would not regularly be seen inside the city. They have an abundance of civilian legal assault weapons, such as the AR-15, and some illegal weapons, such as the AK-47. (X goes here)

Faction Short Term Goals: Avoid fights with the Azurans while they are still weak

Faction Long Term Goals:Survive.

4619 DO NOT DELETE

This is quite good. Accepted! Though I don't know how much attention this roleplay is receiving at the moment.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 am

Cerrania wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:snips

This is quite good. Accepted! Though I don't know how much attention this roleplay is receiving at the moment.

*ahem* sorry. Just got myself Star Wars: The Old Republic on recommendations by several friends, been playing it quite a lot since I got it on Sunday, I've almost got the app done.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:51 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:
Cerrania wrote:This is quite good. Accepted! Though I don't know how much attention this roleplay is receiving at the moment.

*ahem* sorry. Just got myself Star Wars: The Old Republic on recommendations by several friends, been playing it quite a lot since I got it on Sunday, I've almost got the app done.

That's fine! I'm excited for your app.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:25 am

Name: Shiori Asayama

Appearance: Sloop.

Personality:
Shiori is a slightly melancholic person, enjoying the more artistic things of life such as music or visual arts. She used to cling to a naive optimism, but due to the Azuran annexation she had shifted from her formerly idealistic view of the world to a more realistic view. What used to be a cheery girl is now eclipsed by a colder personality, and the only thing that kept her going was her will to survive — even if it was at the expense of her comrades. That doesn't mean that she had become entirely heartless, as she will care for those that hold dear to her most. Perhaps the strangers that she may encounter in this prolonged winter may become one of those people.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? Does survival count as personal gain?
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? Probably not the first into a fight, nor one to sit back and let everyone else fight. She's not one to be the last into a fight either.
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Creative, intellectual solutions.
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? By herself.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? Realistic.

Biography: Shiori Asayama was born to a middle-class family in Hokkaido and moved to the Tokyo area when she was five. She had been exposed to music in her early childhood due to her father, and so had developed a natural love for it. Her parents enrolled her in piano lessons when she was four, and moved on to violin lessons when she was nine. Shiori then learned to make her own music, and had composed a musical piece in high school — much to the amazement of her music teacher when she played it at a talent show. He recommended that Shiori be enrolled as a scholar in a prestigious musical college.

At the time of the Azuran annexation of Earth, she was a college student at the Tokyo University of the Arts, pursuing a course in music composition. She had barely escaped the destruction of Tokyo by the Azuran annexation of Earth, seeking refuge in Saitama Prefecture. She wouldn't be spared by the cold and harsh winter that fell on Japan had it not been for a certain farmer living in the countryside. After the smoke seemed to clear up, Shiori left in early March and began to make the long journey back to Tokyo.

Equipment:
Weapons
Clothing and Garments
  • A scarf. Winter. Duuuuh.
  • Dark gray parka jacket
  • Greenish-gray trousers
  • Boots
Other Equipment
  • Smartphone (and other related accessories)
  • Ammunition
  • Canteen bottle
  • Gas mask
  • 1 weeks worth of rations, mostly canned food taken from convenience stores

Faction: Undeclared, may join a faction as the RP progresses

Occupation within Faction: n/a

4211 DO NOT DELETE
Last edited by Stormwrath on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:29 am

Not quite finished yet.

(DELETE ALL TEXT IN PARENTHESES, IF THIS IS NOT DONE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE)

Name: Tristan McFadden

Appearance: When outside

Personality: (At least one paragraph please, PLUS the traits system attached to this section)

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? Loyal to a cause (within reason)
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? Hang back (or not be in the fight at all)
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Creative and intellectual solutions
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? Group (small groups really)
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? Optimistic

Biography: Born and raised in Scotland, Tristan ended up traveling to almost the other side of Britain for university. Studying Computing at University, Tristan ended up getting involved in Ultimate Frisbee, competing in the second team when he was a fresher and moving up to the first team in his second year. In his second year he was also the dedicated Health and Safety Officer, which alongside giving him training in various medical techniques saw him accompanying all the teams to the tournaments and being on hand in case of any injuries, which occurred frequently even if it was meant to be a non-contact sport. Unbeknownst to him, this would later become a vital part of his life.

Nearing the end of his second year Tristan began to look into placement options that would give him the experience he needed to go into the business world, looking set to take on a more permanent role with the IT technicians at the leisure centre where he worked as a lifeguard in college and when he was home from the holidays, things took an interesting turn when Tristan received an email one day. The email, from his personal tutor, explained that the university and one of the university's in Japan would be, for the 12th time, exchanging computer students for a year instead of them doing a placement, learning in another country and studying both Computing and the other country's culture. Eager to learn more about Japan (after all, some of the best computer games came from the country) Tristan applied, and (to his and his parents amazement) he was one of the ones accepted.

Less than one month into his away year in Japan, the Azurans attacked. Staying in Tokyo for an Ultimate Frisbee tournament with his new (mainly Japanese) team, Tristan survived, even if he got separated from his friends. With hopeful heart Tristan started to scavenge, ending up with the Rubble Scrapers. With his skills Tristan has managed to worm his way into a unique niche with the Scrapers and is happy to help his faction, and the other factions if need be, gain a better foothold on Azuran Earth.

Equipment:
Weapons
Clothing and Garments
Other Equipment

Faction: Rubble Scrapers

Occupation within Faction: Scavenger/Medic

4211 DO NOT DELETE
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:21 am

Tag
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:26 am

Ufufufufu?
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse