NATION

PASSWORD

1850: The White Man's Burden (OOC/AH/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should I make the IC?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Yes, if we wait then people will lost interest.
58%
No, we should wait for more nations.
31%
I don't care.
12%

Total votes : 26

Elderowa
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elderowa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Elderowa wrote:Reservation

Nation that you are reserving: Taiping Tianguo (The Heavenly Kingdom)
Claimed Territory: Most of Coastal and South-Eastern China, Hainan and Taiwan

1337 - Please do not remove.

Denied. Someone didn't read the OP.

Confused as to what I did wrong. Was it that the Heavenly Kingdom is too historical? I know I made a mistake with Taiwan, which I edited, and everything else seems to be alright... :(

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Elderowa wrote:
Sanabel wrote:
Denied. Someone didn't read the OP.

Confused as to what I did wrong. Was it that the Heavenly Kingdom is too historical? I know I made a mistake with Taiwan, which I edited, and everything else seems to be alright... :(

Now you're good.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Elderowa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elderowa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Elderowa wrote:

Now you're good.

Okay, thanks!

Again, sorry about the Taiwan mistake! :D

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Elderowa wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Now you're good.

Okay, thanks!

Again, sorry about the Taiwan mistake! :D

No worries.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm going to make a greater Persian Empire.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Reservation
(Delete everything in parenthesis - you don't have to fill out a reservation app if you already reserved it in the RP group)

Nation that you are reserving:Aymenian Dynasty
Claimed Territory: Iran,Pakistan, and Afghanistan. claims on Mesopotamia.

Last edited by Togeria on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm

The Northernmost Americas wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Not without the proper format.

Give me a few hours and an App will be made.

He meant to use the proper reservation format.

Also, will update the roster soon before I go to bed.
Last edited by Soviet Chernarus on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:46 pm

(Delete everything in parenthesis)

Full Nation Name: Empire of Brasil
Short Nation Name: Brasil
National Flag: Image
Territory: Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia ( up until La Pez), Guyana, Surinam
Colonies:
Client States: Kingdom of Bolivia
Official Language(s): Portuguese
Form of Government: Absolute monarchy
Head of State: Pedro II
Head of Government: Pedro II
Capital City: Brasilia
Population: 20 million
Ethnicities: Portuguese, Spanish, Indian, Dutch, French, German
Culture: Near the coastline, the culture is prominently portugese. In the former Spanish colonies, Spanish is more accepted. In the interior, Indian is prominent. We have massive immigrant populations as well.
Religion: The catholic church has it's own stance the Imperial government and has wide powers across the nation.
Army: 100,000 standing men. They are armed with the colt walker as a side arm, and the Mississippi rifle as their main gun. Most are conscripted soldiers. 5,000 men of the bunch have been selected as imperial guard
Navy: 10,000 men
9 battleships
15 frigates
23 corvettes
50 destroyers
Economic Strength: On par with America IRL. A rapidly growing economy due to mass immigration and open frontier.
Infrastructure: For 90% of the nation, infustrcture is non-existent. Most infustrcture is found on the coast of the Empire, and the rest is spread out amongst the frontier towns in the interior
Scientific Research and Development: Focused mostly on industrial sciences. Although currently lacking stellar facilities, with a growing economy and immigrant base, it is expected that our scientific progress will advance onwards
Primary Goals: Become a world power
History: Since the Portuguese revolution in 1836, the Portuguese royal family has ruled over Brasil as their new homeland. In 1841, they began rapid expansion against their Spanish and weak neighbors.
RP Example: You know me
1337 - Do not remove it. This is so me and other Co-Op(s) are able to find your apps easily.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Reservation
Nation that you are reserving: Sardinia and Piedmont (Italy)
Claimed Territory: Sardinia and Piedmont, with Genoa, Sicily and Naples.
Last edited by The Eastern Antarctic State on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:(Delete everything in parenthesis)

National Flag: (Image)
Territory: Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia ( up until La Pez), Guyana, Surinam
Colonies:
Culture: Near the coastline, the culture is prominently portugese. In the former Spanish colonies, Spanish is more accepted. In the interior, Indian is prominent. We have massive immigrant populations as well.
Religion: The catholic church has it's own stance the Imperial government and has wide powers across the nation.
Army: 100,000 standing men. They are armed with the colt walker as a side arm, and the Mississippi rifle as their main gun. Most are conscripted soldiers. 5,000 men of the bunch have been selected as imperial guard
9 battleships
15 frigates
23 corvettes
50 destroyers
Economic Strength: On par with America IRL. A rapidly growing economy due to mass immigration and open frontier.
Infrastructure: For 90% of the nation, infustrcture is non-existent. Most infustrcture is found on the coast of the Empire, and the rest is spread out amongst the frontier towns in the interior
Scientific Research and Development: Focused mostly on industrial sciences. Although currently lacking stellar facilities, with a growing economy and immigrant base, it is expected that our scientific progress will advance onwards
History: Since the Portuguese revolution in 1836, the Portuguese royal family has ruled over Brasil as their new homeland. In 1841, they began rapid expansion against their Spanish and weak neighbors.
1337 - Do not remove it. This is so me and other Co-Op(s) are able to find your apps easily.

Ok, I cant accept. You see, our POD is in the 1500s. Nothing went as we know it. So you'll have to describe from then forward. And, itmoght be important for Portugal to app first, bc they might have changed their history.

The Northernmost Americas
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northernmost Americas » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Reservation

Nation that you are reserving: Ottoman empire
Claimed Territory: Iraq, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Egypt, Balkans south of the danube and as far West as Bosnia. Also the Levant. Outposts in the Persian gulf as well as dominion over the Hejaz.

Last edited by The Northernmost Americas on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:(Delete everything in parenthesis)

National Flag: (Image)
Colonies:
9 battleships
15 frigates
23 corvettes
50 destroyers

Ok, I cant accept. You see, our POD is in the 1500s. Nothing went as we know it. So you'll have to describe from then forward. And, itmoght be important for Portugal to app first, bc they might have changed their history.

So, wait until he gets his thing done?
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Elderowa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elderowa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:56 pm

LA Sisters wrote:THE DEATH SHALL COME!

... The Aztecs? :roll:

Working on my App as we speak. Since I realized the POD is in the 1500's, I think my nation's history is going to be very different from the actual Taiping Kingdom. Although, I want to know more about the Korean Empire and Chinese California before I do any of my history.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Tagging, if I can't be a powerful Mali Empire in the Dark Continent Rp. I'll make one in the Wolof's image, and there's nothing you Europeans can do to stop me!
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Perhaps Portugal could have a foothold similiar to what the English had in India.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Perhaps Portugal could have a foothold similiar to what the English had in India.

Perhaps...but the RP is actually starting with the Conference of Berlin equivalent, so no worries. I'm sure Portugal will get a nice claim.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:02 pm

LA Sisters wrote:CHIN CHANG!
Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Perhaps Portugal could have a foothold similiar to what the English had in India.

Ok time to report you unless you gtfo.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Sanabel wrote:
LA Sisters wrote:CHIN CHANG!

Ok time to report you unless you gtfo.

Annnd he's gone. That was fast.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Ok time to report you unless you gtfo.

Annnd he's gone. That was fast.

Thank god. Mods do good work.

So I can't accept Brazil for many reasons, especially the fact that it has irl American weapons as standard issue. Overall the app is denied. This ok Lin?

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Soviet Chernarus wrote:Annnd he's gone. That was fast.

Thank god. Mods do good work.

So I can't accept Brazil for many reasons, especially the fact that it has irl American weapons as standard issue. Overall the app is denied. This ok Lin?

Yeah. The Portugal player would need to give permission, a lot of the app is too brief and much of it needs to be fleshed out more. The US also doesn't exist ITTL.

The Northernmost Americas
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northernmost Americas » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Is there an equivalent to the Irl Russian empire? Needed for history purposes. Also is Lepanto still a thing? Siege of Vienna?

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Damnit so many possibilities.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Reservation
(Delete everything in parenthesis - you don't have to fill out a reservation app if you already reserved it in the RP group)

Nation that you are reserving:Mali Empire (Refounded)
Claimed Territory: Light Green in Africa. Just shave off the coastal regions owned by East Africa's Celtic thing. I'd do it myself, but apparently there are multiple versions of white in the territories so paint doesn't want to fill it, Sorry.

Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Thank god. Mods do good work.

Yeah. The Portugal player would need to give permission, a lot of the app is too brief and much of it needs to be fleshed out more. The US also doesn't exist ITTL.

Right.

Well I'm off to bed. I'll be on in the morning to accept any apps and such you don't tonight.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:Reservation

Nation that you are reserving:Mali Empire (Refounded)
Claimed Territory: Light Green in Africa. Just shave off the coastal regions owned by East Africa's Celtic thing. I'd do it myself, but apparently there are multiple versions of white in the territories so paint doesn't want to fill it, Sorry.

No need to be refounded, POD is prior, much prior, to its irl collapse.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse