NATION

PASSWORD

Athena: Fall of Europe (OOC | Closed-ish)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should chars be able to have psychic or cybernetic augmentations?

Yeah! Sounds cool and can only add to the plot.
39%
No. Determination, sweat and blood against other-worldly horrors is the way to go.
32%
Just psychic.
2%
Just cybernetic.
22%
I have my own input and will post my thoughtful ideas in the OOC.
5%

Total votes : 41

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Google and Bing pls
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Camicon wrote:It involves having a free-scrolling mouse wheel, and lots of procrastination. :p

So, same as me, except on deviantART, not zerochan?

Basically. :lol:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Google and Bing pls

Google is not so great for unique artsy-type pictures. Throws up lots of repeats and basic CG-renders, and it's all swamped by popular media.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:26 pm

That raises an interesting point though, since I usually go with popular media as a source of pics.

(ponder)
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:That raises an interesting point though, since I usually go with popular media as a source of pics.

(ponder)

Will Tine be making a reappearance?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm going to bring back my two characters from my spinoff, the second thread linked in the OP...

So I reserve the position of group psychologist.
Here lies a bad OP.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Camicon wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:That raises an interesting point though, since I usually go with popular media as a source of pics.

(ponder)

I....still haven't returned that motion tracker...after 5 years....
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Vacif wrote:
Camicon wrote:Will Tine be making a reappearance?

Man, the Quartermaster is gonna be pi-i-issed.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Camicon wrote:

(ponder)

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. :P

Vacif wrote:
Camicon wrote:Will Tine be making a reappearance?

In alien-occupied Denmark, motion tracker returns you!
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

South Donese Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Donese Union » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Class / Role: Infantry
Name: Samuel Albright
Experience: 2nd Battalion, Parachute Regiment (6 years) 22nd Special Air Service Regiment (5 years) ATHENA (1 year)
Height and Weight: 6'1, 219lbs
Appearance: Visual Aid
Bio: Born in a large farming family in Norfolk, Samuel (Also called Sammy or Sam) was determined from a young age to leave the country and travel the world by any means. Attending the local school, teachers continually noticed that he had a very short temper and wasn't shy from fighting, although they noted he never hit anyone that was in his class or his sports team. For most of his early life, Sam had enjoyed a sense of normality ad, despite his aggressive behavior, was never expelled from school and was able to continue in school, while also helping his family around the farm, much to his displeasure. At age 16, with the possibility of leaving school coming ever closer, Sam began looking for options to leave Norfolk and eventually found the Parachute Regiment and feel in love with the idea of being a paratrooper. Once he informed his parents of his plans, they were initially against the idea of one of their sons joining the military, although after heavy persuasion they gave their consent for him to join.

Completing the Infantry Training Course and Pegasus Company with a surprising amount of ease, he arrived at RAF Brize Norton to complete his parachute course, although this was where he discovered his fear of heights. As he was about to complete his first jump, he hesitated as he got near the door of the Skyvan and almost fainted at how high they were. Despite this, he was determined to complete the training and, with what seemed like an eternity of motivation, jumped through the door and didn't look back since, although he states that he hates heights 'above 800 feet and freefall'.

Joining 2nd Battalion, he was well-recieved by his comrades due to his humour and determination...and the fact he could put away his alcohol and win most drinking competition. Most of his early deployments consisted of training and British Army commitments, such as the Falklands and Cyprus, although he was deployed to Northern Iraq where he helped taring peshmerga soldiers in their fight against ISIS. It was here the Samuel first met members of the SAS and, hearing of the places they'd been, was determined to volunteer to join as soon as he returned home.

Following the year-long mission, Samuel returned home and did as he swore to himself and applied to enlist within the SAS. Following interviews and applications, he was accepted into the selection process where he found himself pushed to his very limits but eventually succeeded in completing the Selection Process and was accepted into the Special Air Service. It was from here that Samuel found himself travelling the world far more often than he imagined, taking part in high-risk operations behind enemy lines and conducting raids against suspected terrorist cells, and he loved every minute of it. He became well known within the Regiment for his determination and aggression within the field and against those that threatened the lives of his friends.

It was from this prominence that he was selected to participate in the Athena Program, granted with the conflict winding down he didn't expect to take part in much fighting and thus requested to be posted in the Netherlands HQ region, not long after the Netherlands HQ was wiped out and Samuel went on the run with other survivors, most he hadn't been aware of to their existence till now.
Personality: From a young age, Samuel was marked out for his aggressive and fiery behavior when a friend of his or a classmate were in being bullied and came close to expulsion several times as he took matters into his own hands, although his classmates were often targets with his aggressiveness he never laid a hand on them in anger. He is also noted as being almost dangerously stubborn when it comes to arguments, refusing to admit he is wrong unless it is explicitly stated that he is. He is was called 'Brighto' by his squadmates for his uncharacteristically optimistic view on things when it hit the fan.
Weaknesses: Extremely short tempered, any slight annoyance to him can result in an explosion of anger against the person annoying him, which has landed him in trouble from time to time. He is also ridiculously stubborn, refusing to admit his wrongs unless convinced to do so, this has led to some viewing him as uncooperative from time to time.
Skills: Samuel is a surprisingly good shot with most weapons. A very talented drinker when it comes with putting away sheer volumes of alcohol, he can outdrink almost anyone. He also has a high level of stamina and strength,which he uses to intimidate most people who go against him.
RP Example:
"What do you MEAN South Donese isn't a credible state?" Richie demanded, slamming his hand down on the pristine wodden table, knocking over a set of SDU flags over "Do we not have land, language AND history? What else do you demand?" he questioned the Salvanian delegate. The history between Salvania and South Don was twisted with betrayal and hatred. South Don was colonised by Salvania in the early 1700's before an influx of Salvanians immigrants arrived hearing of the large coal and gold reserves the nation possessed, however this was done upon the backs of the native South Donese which had led to tension between the white and native populations.
"I mean sir, that you are still a dominion of the Salvanian Empire and as such you listen to us and we refuse to grant you any sort of independence, perhaps in the future, but not now" the Salvanian replied
"This is the FIFTH time you have done this to us! Each time it is refused and put off, is toying with a possible nation fun for you then?" Richie questioned, getting up and walking up to the delegates face
"The financial situation, as you are FULLY aware, in Salvania is poor and as such we need access to the Empires reserves to maintain stability"
"Leuens!" Richie cried "You do not believe we are capable to govern ourselves because of our...system of governance. Has your king not suggested MULTIPLE TIMES that we work to include the blacks? Perhaps you fail to realise they are incapable of running a modern, developed nation." Richie added, watching the sweat drip from the delegates face.
"You have our answer" the Salvanian replied, before walking briskly out. Fine. If the Salvanians wanted to play this game, then he would too.

Two hours later, Huis van Verteenwoordigers

The House was an interesting place. Constructed of polished oak wood, it had been carved to represent animals native to the nation, with springbok heads being the ends of the banisters and scenes of nature occupied the walls. The chairs were of light green leather and a wooden table stood in the centre, with the Constitution carved into all four lower sides and the actual piece held under a thick glass layer at the top. Standing at on the Southern Side, the spot where the leading parting is seated, he held in his hand a piece of paper while the eyes of the Representatives looking at him in curiosity.

"Respective delegates" he began with a confident tone in his voice "I stand before you a proud yet sad man. Today I met with the Salvaian Governor of the South Donese Union in which he refused AGAIN to grant our great nation and its mandate independence," boos began to become audible as he said this, although the resided as he raised his hand "but I tell you this. I REFUSE to listen to the man from a nation that thinks the blacks can run a modern country, I REFUSE to listen to a nation that has taken others by force and I REFUSE to listen to the nation that has lied to us FIVE TIMES! In my hand I hold the Deceleration of Independence which guarantees us OUR RIGHTFUL INDEPENDENCE!" Cheers began to rise loudly from the group while slurs were hurled at the stunned Governor, although they again resided as he lifted his hands "I warn you though, the Empire has refused to grants us independence and as such they will be willing to fight against the dreams of the people. So prepare, for war is about to come upon us" he said, his words lingering in the air, the silence broken only by the sound of the Governor retreating from the Hall and, presumably, to Salvania to report the Declaration.

Likes: Whiskey, Meat, military life, wearing his maroon beret, Muscle Cars, sleeping, parachuting into combat and walking.
Dislikes: Sailing, Vegetable, vegans, farming, cowardice, people intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch
Hobbies: Sleeping, reading, drinking, running, drinking competitions.
Theme Song: This
Discipline: 7
Devotion: 7
Riskiness: 7
Languages Spoken: English (Fluently)
Tastes: Anything meaty
Voice: I mean...he's from Suffolk...plus you don't want to hear a real Norfolk accent
Family:
Father: Alive
Mother: Alive
4 Brothers: All Alive
5 Sisters: All Alive

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:46 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:There we are, made some quick additions to my old bio and changed some of the numbers accordingly to the time passed and all that.

Class:Scout
Name: Natasha Vasilyev
Experience: 6 years KNLM (Dutch Ground forces), 6 years MIVD (Military Intelligence), 3 years ATHENA.
Height and Weight: 187 cm, 70 kg
Appearance:

Short Bio: Natasha was born to two rich Russians whom had fled (with their capital, naturally) to the west and ended up in the Netherlands. She grew up like any regular girl in the country, her parents trying to speak Dutch at home, too, so that her first language would be the one of the country she was born in. At the age of 19, having finished school, she enlisted for the army rather than opting for a degree, preferring the challenge the job would give her. She was later approached by the MIVD for a job, which she accepted, forcing her to stop contact with her friends and family but offering better career options, and a job even more challenging. She later joined ATHENA, after First Contact had been established. She took part in several missions, and saw deployment in South America during the attack on a large alien encampment. Afterwards, she was honorably discharged and returned to her position in the MIVD. With the return of the alien menace in 2025, she stayed with the MIVD but once again she had to focus on the extra terrestrial threat. Now, with the alien assault pressing onwards, Natasha has lost most of her faith in ATHENA, but finds herself close to recently the destroyed base of the organisation, having blown up some of the dikes in the area in an (so far unsuccessful) attempt to flood the land, what remained of command wanting to surrender as little land as possible to the aliens. Comms have fallen eerily silent, however, and Natasha finds herself stranded, cut off and trying to survive.
Weaknesses: Not very social as a result of working at the MIVD, hasn't seen any combat deployment prior to being a part of ATHENA- not much deployment afterwards, either.
Skills: Able to analyze situations quickly, good at coming up with solutions in short time, stealthy.
RP Example: You know me, right? I was also in the previous RP..

Theme Song: why not two?
Discipline: 8
Devotion: 4
Riskiness: 4
Languages Spoken: English, Dutch, some German and Russian
Tastes: Sweet food, mainly. Also those Onion & Sour Cream crisps, 'cause those are just excellent.

Accepted, good to see you again Dutch.

@Camicon, a part of me is tempted to nick your old pic for Emilie. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Camicon wrote:
Vacif wrote:I....still haven't returned that motion tracker...after 5 years....

Wait... 3 character limit right?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 pm

South Donese Union wrote:Class / Role: Infantry
Name: Samuel Albright
Experience: 2nd Battalion, Parachute Regiment (6 years) 22nd Special Air Service Regiment (5 years) ATHENA (1 year)
Height and Weight: 6'1, 219lbs
Appearance: Visual Aid
Bio: Born in a large farming family in Norfolk, Samuel (Also called Sammy or Sam) was determined from a young age to leave the country and travel the world by any means. Attending the local school, teachers continually noticed that he had a very short temper and wasn't shy from fighting, although they noted he never hit anyone that was in his class or his sports team. For most of his early life, Sam had enjoyed a sense of normality ad, despite his aggressive behavior, was never expelled from school and was able to continue in school, while also helping his family around the farm, much to his displeasure. At age 16, with the possibility of leaving school coming ever closer, Sam began looking for options to leave Norfolk and eventually found the Parachute Regiment and feel in love with the idea of being a paratrooper. Once he informed his parents of his plans, they were initially against the idea of one of their sons joining the military, although after heavy persuasion they gave their consent for him to join.

Completing the Infantry Training Course and Pegasus Company with a surprising amount of ease, he arrived at RAF Brize Norton to complete his parachute course, although this was where he discovered his fear of heights. As he was about to complete his first jump, he hesitated as he got near the door of the Skyvan and almost fainted at how high they were. Despite this, he was determined to complete the training and, with what seemed like an eternity of motivation, jumped through the door and didn't look back since, although he states that he hates heights 'above 800 feet and freefall'.

Joining 2nd Battalion, he was well-recieved by his comrades due to his humour and determination...and the fact he could put away his alcohol and win most drinking competition. Most of his early deployments consisted of training and British Army commitments, such as the Falklands and Cyprus, although he was deployed to Northern Iraq where he helped taring peshmerga soldiers in their fight against ISIS. It was here the Samuel first met members of the SAS and, hearing of the places they'd been, was determined to volunteer to join as soon as he returned home.

Following the year-long mission, Samuel returned home and did as he swore to himself and applied to enlist within the SAS. Following interviews and applications, he was accepted into the selection process where he found himself pushed to his very limits but eventually succeeded in completing the Selection Process and was accepted into the Special Air Service. It was from here that Samuel found himself travelling the world far more often than he imagined, taking part in high-risk operations behind enemy lines and conducting raids against suspected terrorist cells, and he loved every minute of it. He became well known within the Regiment for his determination and aggression within the field and against those that threatened the lives of his friends.

It was from this prominence that he was selected to participate in the Athena Program, granted with the conflict winding down he didn't expect to take part in much fighting and thus requested to be posted in the Netherlands HQ region, not long after the Netherlands HQ was wiped out and Samuel went on the run with other survivors, most he hadn't been aware of to their existence till now.
Personality: From a young age, Samuel was marked out for his aggressive and fiery behavior when a friend of his or a classmate were in being bullied and came close to expulsion several times as he took matters into his own hands, although his classmates were often targets with his aggressiveness he never laid a hand on them in anger. He is also noted as being almost dangerously stubborn when it comes to arguments, refusing to admit he is wrong unless it is explicitly stated that he is. He is was called 'Brighto' by his squadmates for his uncharacteristically optimistic view on things when it hit the fan.
Weaknesses: Extremely short tempered, any slight annoyance to him can result in an explosion of anger against the person annoying him, which has landed him in trouble from time to time. He is also ridiculously stubborn, refusing to admit his wrongs unless convinced to do so, this has led to some viewing him as uncooperative from time to time.
Skills: Samuel is a surprisingly good shot with most weapons. A very talented drinker when it comes with putting away sheer volumes of alcohol, he can outdrink almost anyone. He also has a high level of stamina and strength,which he uses to intimidate most people who go against him.
RP Example:
"What do you MEAN South Donese isn't a credible state?" Richie demanded, slamming his hand down on the pristine wodden table, knocking over a set of SDU flags over "Do we not have land, language AND history? What else do you demand?" he questioned the Salvanian delegate. The history between Salvania and South Don was twisted with betrayal and hatred. South Don was colonised by Salvania in the early 1700's before an influx of Salvanians immigrants arrived hearing of the large coal and gold reserves the nation possessed, however this was done upon the backs of the native South Donese which had led to tension between the white and native populations.
"I mean sir, that you are still a dominion of the Salvanian Empire and as such you listen to us and we refuse to grant you any sort of independence, perhaps in the future, but not now" the Salvanian replied
"This is the FIFTH time you have done this to us! Each time it is refused and put off, is toying with a possible nation fun for you then?" Richie questioned, getting up and walking up to the delegates face
"The financial situation, as you are FULLY aware, in Salvania is poor and as such we need access to the Empires reserves to maintain stability"
"Leuens!" Richie cried "You do not believe we are capable to govern ourselves because of our...system of governance. Has your king not suggested MULTIPLE TIMES that we work to include the blacks? Perhaps you fail to realise they are incapable of running a modern, developed nation." Richie added, watching the sweat drip from the delegates face.
"You have our answer" the Salvanian replied, before walking briskly out. Fine. If the Salvanians wanted to play this game, then he would too.

Two hours later, Huis van Verteenwoordigers

The House was an interesting place. Constructed of polished oak wood, it had been carved to represent animals native to the nation, with springbok heads being the ends of the banisters and scenes of nature occupied the walls. The chairs were of light green leather and a wooden table stood in the centre, with the Constitution carved into all four lower sides and the actual piece held under a thick glass layer at the top. Standing at on the Southern Side, the spot where the leading parting is seated, he held in his hand a piece of paper while the eyes of the Representatives looking at him in curiosity.

"Respective delegates" he began with a confident tone in his voice "I stand before you a proud yet sad man. Today I met with the Salvaian Governor of the South Donese Union in which he refused AGAIN to grant our great nation and its mandate independence," boos began to become audible as he said this, although the resided as he raised his hand "but I tell you this. I REFUSE to listen to the man from a nation that thinks the blacks can run a modern country, I REFUSE to listen to a nation that has taken others by force and I REFUSE to listen to the nation that has lied to us FIVE TIMES! In my hand I hold the Deceleration of Independence which guarantees us OUR RIGHTFUL INDEPENDENCE!" Cheers began to rise loudly from the group while slurs were hurled at the stunned Governor, although they again resided as he lifted his hands "I warn you though, the Empire has refused to grants us independence and as such they will be willing to fight against the dreams of the people. So prepare, for war is about to come upon us" he said, his words lingering in the air, the silence broken only by the sound of the Governor retreating from the Hall and, presumably, to Salvania to report the Declaration.

Likes: Whiskey, Meat, military life, wearing his maroon beret, Muscle Cars, sleeping, parachuting into combat and walking.
Dislikes: Sailing, Vegetable, vegans, farming, cowardice, people intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch
Hobbies: Sleeping, reading, drinking, running, drinking competitions.
Theme Song: This
Riskiness: 7
Languages Spoken: English (Fluently)
Tastes: Anything meaty
Voice: I mean...he's from Suffolk...plus you don't want to hear a real Norfolk accent
Family:
Father: Alive
Mother: Alive
4 Brothers: All Alive
5 Sisters: All Alive

Accepted! Welcome aboard.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Camicon wrote:
Shyluz wrote:
So, same as me, except on deviantART, not zerochan?

Basically. :lol:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Google and Bing pls

Google is not so great for unique artsy-type pictures. Throws up lots of repeats and basic CG-renders, and it's all swamped by popular media.

You just need to know how to search proper :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Class / Role:Gunner
Name: Roger Kendall
Experience:  USMC, 26 years
Height and Weight: 5'10", 13st 4lbs
Appearance: Here.
Bio: Roger was born in St Louis, Missouri, to a family that ran one of the city's many corner shops. His early life wasn't that exciting, and could be labeled as downright boring, with him doing so badly in school that he dropped out at the age of 17. 

Desperate for work, he enlisted in the USMC the same year, in 2000. After all, the Cold War was over, there wouldn't need to be any large scale military deployments overseas, right?

Then 2001 happened. Roger wasn't immediately sent into action, and first saw combat in 2003 in the Second Gulf War and then 4 long years of service in Iraq before he was withdrawn in 2007, followed by a decade in Afghanistan until the US presence finally ended there for good in 2017.

After 2017, the world settled down. Roger became a drill instructor with the USMC, content to stay with the Corps until he could finally retire. When shit hit the proverbial fan in 2025, Roger was called out from his quiet post as drill instructor back into the field, and along with the USMC task force he was part of was deployed to the northern part of the defensive line in the Netherlands. And then the line collapsed. Roger's unit was cut to pieces and scattered, for all intents and purposes no longer a formation in any sense.

Cut off, with nothing on comms and no orders to act on, Roger slowly made his way south, in search of, well, anyone friendly.
Personality: Roger is an old, battle-hardened vet but somehow still manages to be a bit of a joker. Prone to sarcasm, snark and launching into long-winded tales of his exploits in wars that the bloody young 'uns grew up watching.
Weaknesses: He's getting old, so he's not as fit or quick as he once was. Very, very reluctant to put himself purposefully in harm's way for any reason. Can and will question any and all orders given to him, even if he will follow them through.
Skills:  Very keen sense of tactical awareness from his vast experience in military service across many wars and continents.
RP Example: You remember me, right? ...Right?

Likes: Any and all decent war stories, cold beer, Latino food, the St Louis Cardinals and Baseball.
Dislikes: Anyone speaking in foreign languages he doesn't understand, the vaguest implication he might be stuck behind a desk somewhere.
Hobbies: Watching baseball, mostly.
Theme Song: Can't really be bothered to find one.
Discipline: 5
Devotion: 9
Riskiness: 1 (he wants to retire, goddamnit)
Languages Spoken: English (fluent), Arabic (near-fluent)
Tastes: Latino food, or practically anything with barbecue sauce on it. Or even better, both.
Voice: I had to use Doakes' voice in an RP somewhere
Family:
Parents: Dead from age.
Elder Brother: Alive. 
Younger Brother: Alive.
Sister: Alive.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:52 pm

So, would ATHENA have any purpose for a service dog?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Wait, I'm confused, are we RPing several days after the NATO lines fall, or in 2026, a year after the line falls?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Bentus wrote:*snip*
The RP is set only a few days after NATO lines collapsed - the 2016: Europe falls thing is a bit of a teaser ;)
*snip*
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Camicon wrote:
Bentus wrote:*snip*
The RP is set only a few days after NATO lines collapsed - the 2016: Europe falls thing is a bit of a teaser ;)
*snip*

Oh....thanks.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Class / Role:Gunner
Name: Roger Kendall
Experience:  USMC, 26 years
Height and Weight: 5'10", 13st 4lbs
Appearance: Here.
Bio: Roger was born in St Louis, Missouri, to a family that ran one of the city's many corner shops. His early life wasn't that exciting, and could be labeled as downright boring, with him doing so badly in school that he dropped out at the age of 17. 

Desperate for work, he enlisted in the USMC the same year, in 2000. After all, the Cold War was over, there wouldn't need to be any large scale military deployments overseas, right?

Then 2001 happened. Roger wasn't immediately sent into action, and first saw combat in 2003 in the Second Gulf War and then 4 long years of service in Iraq before he was withdrawn in 2007, followed by a decade in Afghanistan until the US presence finally ended there for good in 2017.

After 2017, the world settled down. Roger became a drill instructor with the USMC, content to stay with the Corps until he could finally retire. When shit hit the proverbial fan in 2025, Roger was called out from his quiet post as drill instructor back into the field, and along with the USMC task force he was part of was deployed to the northern part of the defensive line in the Netherlands. And then the line collapsed. Roger's unit was cut to pieces and scattered, for all intents and purposes no longer a formation in any sense.

Cut off, with nothing on comms and no orders to act on, Roger slowly made his way south, in search of, well, anyone friendly.
Personality: Roger is an old, battle-hardened vet but somehow still manages to be a bit of a joker. Prone to sarcasm, snark and launching into long-winded tales of his exploits in wars that the bloody young 'uns grew up watching.
Weaknesses: He's getting old, so he's not as fit or quick as he once was. Very, very reluctant to put himself purposefully in harm's way for any reason. Can and will question any and all orders given to him, even if he will follow them through.
Skills:  Very keen sense of tactical awareness from his vast experience in military service across many wars and continents.
RP Example: You remember me, right? ...Right?

Likes: Any and all decent war stories, cold beer, Latino food, the St Louis Cardinals and Baseball.
Dislikes: Anyone speaking in foreign languages he doesn't understand, the vaguest implication he might be stuck behind a desk somewhere.
Hobbies: Watching baseball, mostly.
Theme Song: Can't really be bothered to find one.
Discipline: 5
Devotion: 9
Riskiness: 1 (he wants to retire, goddamnit)
Languages Spoken: English (fluent), Arabic (near-fluent)
Tastes: Latino food, or practically anything with barbecue sauce on it. Or even better, both.
Voice: I had to use Doakes' voice in an RP somewhere
Family:
Parents: Dead from age.
Elder Brother: Alive. 
Younger Brother: Alive.
Sister: Alive.

Accepted. Like the idea of a grizzled vet, could introduce some cool dynamics ;)

Anowa wrote:So, would ATHENA have any purpose for a service dog?

Hmm, not too sure. While I wouldn't explicitly say no, I couldn't see it being a major boon to the story :P But hey, I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Also, another point that's worth bringing up: would you guys prefer having a 'leader' (higher ranking officer)? And if so, would you like to decide who it is prior to the IC starting out, or allow it to develop organically over time?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Class / Role:Sniper
Name: Lindsay Black-Sharrow
Experience:
  • 4/73 (Sphinx) Special Observation Post Battery RA (5th Regiment Royal Artillery), 2012-2017
  • Special Reconnaissance Regiment, 2018-2020
  • ATHENA (observer), 2020-2022
  • Special Reconnaissance Regiment, 2022-present
  • ATHENA, 2025-present
Height and Weight: 5'4", 130 lbs / 162cm, 59 kg
Appearance

Family: Mother and father both living in Surrey.
Bio: As the only child of headstrong, high-powered white-collar parents, sparks regularly flew between them on the best way to raise her. With one an investment banker and the other a regional director for a major cosmetics conglomerate, both tried to impress her into the world of business as their personal legacy. The only thing they did agree on was that she should enter a profession in their social stratum, and as she grew older and more able to fend off her parents' arguments, they toned down their volume in favor of subtler persuasive arguments that she should at least read something to do with business. Economics, law, even medicine or international studies if she felt that was the right track.

A decade and a half of parental aggravation was not so easily forgotten, however, despite their boundless support of her studies. A day after her 18th birthday, she signed the paperwork that made her an enlistee in the British Army, immediately available for operational assignment after completion of training. Serving largely without distinction, but also without demerit, she deployed to British Forces Cyprus, throughout her tenure as a member of the Royal Artillery. Generally kept in a support role following the Army's regulations on allowing women into frontline combat roles, it was only through the last-minute incapacitating illness of another artilleryman and a sympathetic sergeant who had been watching her performance that she was allowed to substitute into a Surveillance and Target Acquisition patrol as part of Operation Tidal Wave II, aimed at cutting off the fuel trucks that helped finance ISIL. Commended for her work there, she decided to pursue this type of work full-time, applying for and passing Special Forces Selection and receiving her emerald beret.

Upon the arrival of hostile extraterrestrials, she was pulled from her assignment in Northern Ireland and retasked as the Special Reconnaissance Regiment's observer with ATHENA, taking part in the South Sandwich Island counteroffensive. Once it was clear the organization had matters in hand, she returned home. The lull was brief, however, as both NATO and ATHENA crumpled under the second onslaught and the British Armed Forces mobilized to offer all possible aid to continental Europe.

Returning to ATHENA as an active participant (although still strictly identified as an SRR operator), she was inserted alone into northwestern France. Like several others from the Regiment, she seeks to link up with surviving ATHENA or NATO servicemembers wherever they might be found.
Personality: Headstrong, but tempered with religion - the only thing that stuck with her from her parents; she is an observant Anglican. Very open to new experiences, as long as she can choose them (unless, of course, it's an order). Generally reserved, not minding interactions around others, but usually not counted on to join conversations unless directly addressed.
Weaknesses: Fears of fire and flying
Skills: Situational awareness, lightness on her feet, and good balance. Also, a decent listener when not on-call.
Likes: Cocktails, rain and running in it, paintball/Airsoft
Dislikes: Fish and chips, snow/cold weather. Also, call her 'Pound Sterling' after her initials and family background at your own peril; though strangely she pays 'Sterling' no heed.
Tastes: Mediterranean food, fruit
Hobbies: Beach volleyball, photography, jewelry making
Languages Spoken: English (fluent), French (conversant), Irish (conversant), Arabic (poor, limited to stilted commands/requests)

Voice (for reference/better visualization only) - the regional accent is the same.

RP Example:
Co-OP, The Walking Dead Survivor Stories
Senior Co-OP, Personification Life
Links to posts made available as required
Time Zone = UTC-7 (UTC+8 over holidays)
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Class / Role:Sniper
Experience:
  • 4/73 (Sphinx) Special Observation Post Battery RA (5th Regiment Royal Artillery), 2012-2017
  • ATHENA, 2025-present
Appearance

Bio: As the only child of headstrong, high-powered white-collar parents, sparks regularly flew between them on the best way to raise her. With one an investment banker and the other a regional director for a major cosmetics conglomerate, both tried to impress her into the world of business as their personal legacy. The only thing they did agree on was that she should enter a profession in their social stratum, and as she grew older and more able to fend off her parents' arguments, they toned down their volume in favor of subtler persuasive arguments that she should at least read something to do with business. Economics, law, even medicine or international studies if she felt that was the right track.

A decade and a half of parental aggravation was not so easily forgotten, however, despite their boundless support of her studies. A day after her 18th birthday, she signed the paperwork that made her an enlistee in the British Army, immediately available for operational assignment after completion of training. Serving largely without distinction, but also without demerit, she deployed to British Forces Cyprus, throughout her tenure as a member of the Royal Artillery. Generally kept in a support role following the Army's regulations on allowing women into frontline combat roles, it was only through the last-minute incapacitating illness of another artilleryman and a sympathetic sergeant who had been watching her performance that she was allowed to substitute into a Surveillance and Target Acquisition patrol as part of Operation Tidal Wave II, aimed at cutting off the fuel trucks that helped finance ISIL. Commended for her work there, she decided to pursue this type of work full-time, applying for and passing Special Forces Selection and receiving her emerald beret.

Upon the arrival of hostile extraterrestrials, she was pulled from her assignment in Northern Ireland and retasked as the Special Reconnaissance Regiment's observer with ATHENA, taking part in the South Sandwich Island counteroffensive. Once it was clear the organization had matters in hand, she returned home. The lull was brief, however, as both NATO and ATHENA crumpled under the second onslaught and the British Armed Forces mobilized to offer all possible aid to continental Europe.

Returning to ATHENA as an active participant (although still strictly identified as an SRR operator), she was inserted alone into northwestern France. Like several others from the Regiment, she seeks to link up with surviving ATHENA or NATO servicemembers wherever they might be found.
Personality: Headstrong, but tempered with religion - the only thing that stuck with her from her parents; she is an observant Anglican. Very open to new experiences, as long as she can choose them (unless, of course, it's an order). Generally reserved, not minding interactions around others, but usually not counted on to join conversations unless directly addressed.
Skills: Situational awareness, lightness on her feet, and good balance. Also, a decent listener when not on-call.
Dislikes: Fish and chips, snow/cold weather. Also, call her 'Pound Sterling' after her initials and family background at your own peril; though strangely she pays 'Sterling' no heed.
Languages Spoken: English (fluent), French (conversant), Irish (conversant), Arabic (poor, limited to stilted commands/requests)

Voice (for reference/better visualization only) - the regional accent is the same.

RP Example:

Accepted.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Bentus wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Class / Role:Sniper
Experience:
  • ATHENA, 2025-present
Appearance

RP Example:

Accepted.

Tanks.

Camicon wrote:
Vacif wrote:I....still haven't returned that motion tracker...after 5 years....

I'm tempted to do it now, if only for the brick joke. :P
mumblemumblemumble

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'm tempted to do it now, if only for the brick joke. :P

Already have half an app written up for the old QM.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Bentus wrote:(snip)

Also, another point that's worth bringing up: would you guys prefer having a 'leader' (higher ranking officer)? And if so, would you like to decide who it is prior to the IC starting out, or allow it to develop organically over time?

I wouldn't mind. I think it'd be more fun organically.
mumblemumblemumble

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Bentus wrote:(snip)

I wouldn't mind. I think it'd be more fun organically.

Ditto.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse