NATION

PASSWORD

[P2TM Chat] The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse III

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri May 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Marvel RPs for some reason haven't done as well lately. I've seen DC RPs do pretty well, and I don't quite understand the reason why Marvel wouldn't.

I, personally, love the Marvel world and various characters, and the DC universe is just kind of "there" for me. I thought about joining the Marvel RP when it first started, but was in a busy time. The one character I wanted to try playing was Sleepwalker. But I didn't think I could do him justice. And he might be too OP.

I think the reason for the amount of DC RP's is probably because a lot of people prefer the edgy tone of the DC Universe. Any DC RP I seen, it usually takes place in Gotham.

However, even if I prefer DC over Marvel, I decided to still attend, while trying to stay close to some source material, even if both characters I did were originals. A lot of people tend to do anti-hero characters, which DC has like a whole bunch of. The Marvel RP I was at was alright, though it died out before I can anticipated.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri May 01, 2020 6:38 pm

It was a shame, I wanted a rematch between joki and maria
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Throwing out the hook for my latest harebrained, most likely doomed to fail RP attempt: This here thing set in the League Of Legends universe.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat May 02, 2020 6:59 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
Marvel RPs for some reason haven't done as well lately. I've seen DC RPs do pretty well, and I don't quite understand the reason why Marvel wouldn't.

I, personally, love the Marvel world and various characters, and the DC universe is just kind of "there" for me. I thought about joining the Marvel RP when it first started, but was in a busy time. The one character I wanted to try playing was Sleepwalker. But I didn't think I could do him justice. And he might be too OP.

I think the reason for the amount of DC RP's is probably because a lot of people prefer the edgy tone of the DC Universe. Any DC RP I seen, it usually takes place in Gotham.

However, even if I prefer DC over Marvel, I decided to still attend, while trying to stay close to some source material, even if both characters I did were originals. A lot of people tend to do anti-hero characters, which DC has like a whole bunch of. The Marvel RP I was at was alright, though it died out before I can anticipated.

I remember the Gotham: New Generation RP. That was a fun one. Also, only time I've played a vigilante.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat May 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I remember the Gotham: New Generation RP. That was a fun one. Also, only time I've played a vigilante.

I want to do a Gotham RP badly in the form of the one I was in, sorta as a spiritual sequel. There was a character I want to reboot, since even though I did some interesting ideas, I would prefer to do them again differently.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I remember the Gotham: New Generation RP. That was a fun one. Also, only time I've played a vigilante.

I want to do a Gotham RP badly in the form of the one I was in, sorta as a spiritual sequel. There was a character I want to reboot, since even though I did some interesting ideas, I would prefer to do them again differently.

Yeah, I would like to do more with my character, maybe do somethings differently.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat May 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I want to do a Gotham RP badly in the form of the one I was in, sorta as a spiritual sequel. There was a character I want to reboot, since even though I did some interesting ideas, I would prefer to do them again differently.

Yeah, I would like to do more with my character, maybe do somethings differently.

I wish Flutter and Brainy weren't banned..

RPs I do

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat May 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Yeah, I would like to do more with my character, maybe do somethings differently.

Is that what happened to Brainy? I always wondered what had happened to them. I do remember Flutter getting deated though.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I wish Flutter and Brainy weren't banned..

Is that what happened to Brainy? I always wondered what had happened to them. I do remember Flutter getting deated though.

I have no clue on what happened to Brainy. Whenever someone is an ex-nation, I assume they got banned.

RPs I do

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sat May 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Is that what happened to Brainy? I always wondered what had happened to them. I do remember Flutter getting deated though.

I have no clue on what happened to Brainy. Whenever someone is an ex-nation, I assume they got banned.

I see y'all are talking about the two trouble makers.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun May 03, 2020 3:18 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Yeah, I would like to do more with my character, maybe do somethings differently.

I've got no idea the current status of Brainy but Flutters isn't banned. His original nation was deleted and he came back as Triassica. It looks like he hasn't been on the forums in a bit though.
don't tread on me

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon May 04, 2020 6:51 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Is that what happened to Brainy? I always wondered what had happened to them. I do remember Flutter getting deated though.

I just checked the Boneyard. It says Brainy CTE'd, but nothing about being disgraced.
Forest State wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I wish Flutter and Brainy weren't banned..

I've got no idea the current status of Brainy but Flutters isn't banned. His original nation was deleted and he came back as Triassica. It looks like he hasn't been on the forums in a bit though.
That's interesting. I didn't realize Flutters hadn't been banned.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Mon May 04, 2020 7:36 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:I have no clue on what happened to Brainy. Whenever someone is an ex-nation, I assume they got banned.

I just checked the Boneyard. It says Brainy CTE'd, but nothing about being disgraced.
Forest State wrote:I've got no idea the current status of Brainy but Flutters isn't banned. His original nation was deleted and he came back as Triassica. It looks like he hasn't been on the forums in a bit though.
That's interesting. I didn't realize Flutters hadn't been banned.

They gave flutter a lot of warnings and was banned for a bit but came back. I guess like a warning ban.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 am

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I just checked the Boneyard. It says Brainy CTE'd, but nothing about being disgraced. That's interesting. I didn't realize Flutters hadn't been banned.

They gave flutter a lot of warnings and was banned for a bit but came back. I guess like a warning ban.

Ok, that makes sense.

Anyway, it's good to see you Statt.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Tue May 05, 2020 10:27 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:They gave flutter a lot of warnings and was banned for a bit but came back. I guess like a warning ban.

Ok, that makes sense.

how have you been holding up Pax?

Yeah I wasn't too much of a fan when all that drama was going down.

Drown wrote:

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 06, 2020 7:12 am

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Ok, that makes sense.

how have you been holding up Pax?

Good, how are you?
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed May 06, 2020 8:37 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:how have you been holding up Pax?

Good, how are you?

Rolling depression and anxiety cause of the quarantine.

Drown wrote:

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu May 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Good, how are you?

Rolling depression and anxiety cause of the quarantine.

That stinks. If you need someone to talk to, I'd be happy to listen.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Thu May 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:Rolling depression and anxiety cause of the quarantine.

That stinks. If you need someone to talk to, I'd be happy to listen.

Nahhh it's all good. It's just the same old stuff. Thankfully I moved out before the quarantine

Drown wrote:

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri May 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That stinks. If you need someone to talk to, I'd be happy to listen.

Nahhh it's all good. It's just the same old stuff. Thankfully I moved out before the quarantine

I hope you feel better.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:Nahhh it's all good. It's just the same old stuff. Thankfully I moved out before the quarantine

I hope you feel better.

Aye, slowly but surely.

Drown wrote:

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat May 09, 2020 7:21 am

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I hope you feel better.

Aye, slowly but surely.

That's good that your feeling better.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed May 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Are there any active hard sci-fi RPs right now? My main gripe with most sci-fi RPs is that they're too soft in science fiction terms, so I'd like to see an RP where the laws of physics still apply.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu May 14, 2020 6:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Are there any active hard sci-fi RPs right now? My main gripe with most sci-fi RPs is that they're too soft in science fiction terms, so I'd like to see an RP where the laws of physics still apply.

I love hard SF, but I never see many RPs of that nature. I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse