NATION

PASSWORD

[P2TM Chat] The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse III

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Hold it right there.

Unless you have permission from the original creator, you'll get smacked with plagiarism. Even if the original creator no longer uses the site. You might be able to get away with making a similar RP, but no, just taking one without asking is a huge no-no.

If you're talking about a RP that you originally made, it generally depends on the circumstances. Mods will usually allow your RP a second chance if continuing to post in the original thread would be gravedigging at this point, but if it becomes clear that no one is interested in this game (i.e., the other threads also quickly die), you'll be asked to essentially stop spamming the forum with the same unwanted game. There have been other instances where the Mods granted a new thread, such as the old one having become too toxic and the players wanting a fresh start, but these are rather unique situations.

In essence, I would ask the Mods to review your specific circumstances.

So, if it is my own and I want to give it a second chance, I'm clear, but no third or fourth OOCs?

You can have as many IC or OOC threads you need if they're each hitting the 500 posts mark. I'm referring more to making additional threads in the event that the original thread goes dead (nobody posting in it for a long time).

What I'm saying is if I post an RP called, "Adventures with Gio," and it only gets a few posts if any at all, I'll probably be able to reboot it later. If I make "Adventures with Gio 2," and it also gets almost no posts, I might be able to make "Adventures with Gio 3," but if nobody posts in that either and it's becoming clear that nobody is really interested in playing my "Adventures with Gio" game, I might be asked to stop pursuing a lost cause. Does that make sense?
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 pm

> TFW no RP about plague doctors running from zombies with unbalanced humours and creating a cure from crush mushrooms and goat milk.

Sadfrog.tapestry
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 am

Giovenith wrote:
Eclixia wrote:
So, if it is my own and I want to give it a second chance, I'm clear, but no third or fourth OOCs?

You can have as many IC or OOC threads you need if they're each hitting the 500 posts mark. I'm referring more to making additional threads in the event that the original thread goes dead (nobody posting in it for a long time).

What I'm saying is if I post an RP called, "Adventures with Gio," and it only gets a few posts if any at all, I'll probably be able to reboot it later. If I make "Adventures with Gio 2," and it also gets almost no posts, I might be able to make "Adventures with Gio 3," but if nobody posts in that either and it's becoming clear that nobody is really interested in playing my "Adventures with Gio" game, I might be asked to stop pursuing a lost cause. Does that make sense?

Gotcha, brief and unsuccessful RPs have two chances to catch on and maybe a third if they show potential.
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Gotcha, brief and unsuccessful RPs have two chances to catch on and maybe a third if they show potential.

More or less. I'd ask a Mod for an absolute answer though.
she/her

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 am

So whats good? Anything cool RP-wise. Things Re really slow for me

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 am

Achesia wrote:So whats good? Anything cool RP-wise. Things Re really slow for me

Anything in particular you're into, or nah?
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Achesia wrote:So whats good? Anything cool RP-wise. Things Re really slow for me

Slice of life/light hearted rp, fantasy (adventure), sci fi adventure?

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:38 am

Achesia wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

You could ask Tiltjuice about his sci-fi game, ATHENA. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417751
she/her

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 am

Giovenith wrote:
Achesia wrote:

You could ask Tiltjuice about his sci-fi game, ATHENA. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417751

hmmmm i guess when I say sci fi i am more particular. Seems like a cool idea, just dosnt appeal to me. (I guess I am being that guy, complains here is no rps but then makes excuses for why he dosnt like the rps there is) lol.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am

Achesia wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

There's Pandora's Box, which is pretty welcoming. It's got a bit of all of that, with fantasy and Sci-fi characters. The concept itself involves adventuring through various worlds and universes, with the current story being in a fantasy world and the next already planned to be Sci-fi.

When not on a mission, there's also a central hub which is open for minor interactions.

I would also point to some Fallout or TES RP's, but that's my personal bias. I also don't really take part in any of those, so I don't know what to say for those.

Also, I understand the complaining bit, lol. I'm picky about RP.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 am

Achesia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

hmmmm i guess when I say sci fi i am more particular. Seems like a cool idea, just dosnt appeal to me. (I guess I am being that guy, complains here is no rps but then makes excuses for why he dosnt like the rps there is) lol.

It's cool! I'm the same way. :) "There's nothing here!" "What about this?" "But I don't want that!"
she/her

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Achesia wrote:

There's Pandora's Box, which is pretty welcoming. It's got a bit of all of that, with fantasy and Sci-fi characters. The concept itself involves adventuring through various worlds and universes, with the current story being in a fantasy world and the next already planned to be Sci-fi.

When not on a mission, there's also a central hub which is open for minor interactions.

I would also point to some Fallout or TES RP's, but that's my personal bias. I also don't really take part in any of those, so I don't know what to say for those.

Here I go again, but that Rp is too far along for my liking lmao. Im so sorry, im so bad

Ive dont the occasional TES rp, but idk

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Achesia wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

Here I go again, but that Rp is too far along for my liking lmao. Im so sorry, im so bad

Aw, it's the very first mission :p

But no worries then. Worth a shot, eh.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Achesia wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

You can see if you can still join The Elder Scrolls: Hammerfell.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Achesia wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

You (and everyone else) is welcome to check out my comedy RP, The Infinites: And Beyond (see links in my signature). Though it's a long running RP, we're in our 2nd arc and it's still somewhat early. Very light-hearted, some action and adventure, but with the lamest of the lame superheroes or villains.

-Talc
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Achesia wrote:

You (and everyone else) is welcome to check out my comedy RP, The Infinites: And Beyond (see links in my signature). Though it's a long running RP, we're in our 2nd arc and it's still somewhat early. Very light-hearted, some action and adventure, but with the lamest of the lame superheroes or villains.

-Talc

Oh! I remember hearing about this one awhile back. So you are taking new apps? how would I join in midway?

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:58 am

Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:09 am

wai potatoe quality?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:28 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:

wai potatoe quality?

Ask Yutube.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 am

Achesia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

-Talc

Oh! I remember hearing about this one awhile back. So you are taking new apps? how would I join in midway?

We indeed are taking new apps. Any time. How you would join in midway is very easy. We have a running gag that any new characters who come in have been with the heroes or villains the entire time of the RP, just they were quiet the whole time and didn't say anything...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:33 am

Talchyon wrote:
Achesia wrote:

We indeed are taking new apps. Any time. How you would join in midway is very easy. We have a running gag that any new characters who come in have been with the heroes or villains the entire time of the RP, just they were quiet the whole time and didn't say anything...

Color me interested! You mind linking me to the ooc?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 am

Achesia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Color me interested! You mind linking me to the ooc?

It's all there in my signature.

-Talc

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:11 am

Now whenever I see Talc's name, I think of Death Grips.

I'm so fucking glad I got into These dank memes.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 am

So as a vet of this forum for quite some time, and someone who has been in countless rps where the quality of one's post was judge in part by its length and depth. Am I the only one who is exausted of huge 1000+ posts and is drawn more to casual rps that only require 2-3 paragraphs a post? I think thats why I've gravitated in majority from II to P2TM. I infact am running an rp that specifically states in the rules that posts should not be more than a few paragraphs long.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it makes it more fun and more "roleplaying to have shorter posts? Do you think its less quality? How do you run your rps?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:44 am

Achesia wrote:So as a vet of this forum for quite some time, and someone who has been in countless rps where the quality of one's post was judge in part by its length and depth. Am I the only one who is exausted of huge 1000+ posts and is drawn more to casual rps that only require 2-3 paragraphs a post? I think thats why I've gravitated in majority from II to P2TM. I infact am running an rp that specifically states in the rules that posts should not be more than a few paragraphs long.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it makes it more fun and more "roleplaying to have shorter posts? Do you think its less quality? How do you run your rps?

It depends, really. I think a healthy mix of RP types helps prevent burnout. I enjoy long RP posts when they have good content and don't come too thick and fast, but I have to dip in to Dice-RPs/casual RPs every so often just as a palate cleanser. Too much of one and you'll struggle to write articulately, too much of the other and you'll evolve in to a pompous windbag.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse