NATION

PASSWORD

[P2TM Chat] The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse III

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 am

Shadow Guard wrote:hello

ALOHA, KIMOSABE
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Maybe it's just me listening to Initial D music a lot recently, but a retro Sci-fi RP with 80's and 90's aesthetic about illegal racing a la Red Line sounds kinda dope.

I don't even like racing that much, but...I dunno...

On another note, I'm still working on PT and FT nation factbook thingymabobbers.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Shikihara wrote:
Zanera wrote:
The only thing that makes me uneasy about the get-up is that animal skulls, but then again it's Halloween and it sounds like it'd fit the whole thing.

If I ever dressed up again I'd probably just get a Grim Reaper costume and wear a couple of black veils over my face. Just enough where I can see and my face would be unseen. Carry around an hourglass and a fake scythe...
I'm pretty unimaginative.

Considering that I still look 15, tempted to dress in a sailor fuku for Halloween, but that sounds too cringey.

Whatever you wanna do mang...

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 am

While this may not appropriate place to talk about RP ideas, I just want to talk about it (while juggling my life in the RL work) with some people I know here frequently. I've been having some bizarre ideas on RPs lately.

Let's just say I felt like I want to make a Three Kingdoms-style fantasy AU settings. Complete with guns and magic. Well, guns and magic are fun~. Anyway...getting on the three faction empires in my RP idea, they're all technically Chinese states which sets on the continental mainland which is roughly twice bigger than East Asia. Cosmetic-wise, the three empires are based on my imaginations I had in mind recently and favourite parts of histories of mine to which I've read. These three empires in question fought each other for dominance of the continent.

One is a Sinofied Muslim Turco-Mongolian khaganate in the north which built their empire through unique conquests. Basically, Chinese Mughal Ottomans.

Second is the Isolationist Ming Dynasty in the centre. Lots of Hanfu and all the 'traditional' Chinese stuff, lots of strict Confucianists. Stereo-typically Imperial Chinese.

Third is a South-East Asian Buddhist state in the south, covering the Canton and parts of Southern China. You could say they're like Nanban empire complete with tropical SEA Buddhism. Prolly Thai-focused.

In case you're asking, the reasons I feel like Chinese themed settings. Well, you can hardly see much RPs here with Chinese settings.

So any thoughts?

Shadow Guard
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Guard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm

MInroz wrote:While this may not appropriate place to talk about RP ideas, I just want to talk about it (while juggling my life in the RL work) with some people I know here frequently. I've been having some bizarre ideas on RPs lately.

Let's just say I felt like I want to make a Three Kingdoms-style fantasy AU settings. Complete with guns and magic. Well, guns and magic are fun~. Anyway...getting on the three faction empires in my RP idea, they're all technically Chinese states which sets on the continental mainland which is roughly twice bigger than East Asia. Cosmetic-wise, the three empires are based on my imaginations I had in mind recently and favourite parts of histories of mine to which I've read. These three empires in question fought each other for dominance of the continent.

One is a Sinofied Muslim Turco-Mongolian khaganate in the north which built their empire through unique conquests. Basically, Chinese Mughal Ottomans.

Second is the Isolationist Ming Dynasty in the centre. Lots of Hanfu and all the 'traditional' Chinese stuff, lots of strict Confucianists. Stereo-typically Imperial Chinese.

Third is a South-East Asian Buddhist state in the south, covering the Canton and parts of Southern China. You could say they're like Nanban empire complete with tropical SEA Buddhism. Prolly Thai-focused.

In case you're asking, the reasons I feel like Chinese themed settings. Well, you can hardly see much RPs here with Chinese settings.

So any thoughts?

no
National Information
Leader - Juan Pablo
Capital - Azleka
Population - 4.09 billion
Currency - Gold coin (₡)
Roleplay Information
Dead Man Standing - PLANNED
Galactacia - PLANNED
Name -
Name -

THE ORDER OF SHADOW GUARD
COBALT NETWORK OFFICIAL MEMBER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 am

MInroz wrote:-snip-

I can't really say much on the setting, because it's sort of mixed for me...but I do like the idea of more oriental settings. I especially enjoy China as a setting, moreso than Japan or Southeast Asia.

Korea and India are interesting as well, but China is where it's at.

The North Fort
Attaché

Founded: Oct 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Fort » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Can mafia be run here or is that somewhere else?
link to links
Porg. Put this in your sig so that people find NationStates when they Google "porg."

big important link
Abusing the anonymity of the internet

Rostavykhan
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 pm

The North Fort wrote:Can mafia be run here or is that somewhere else?

It's allowed. Just about anything is.

On another note, was thinking it would be neat to make a temporary Halloween discord right before the 31st, and make it an open thing for anyone on NS to hop into. Have a voice/story time channel for scary stories using a youtube bot, and one for Halloween music. Maybe even a channel for costumes and images.

I think it would be a neat idea anyways. Thoughts? I might just do something similar on one of my other servers and make it a small thing, but an open server for NS I think would be neat.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:05 pm

"We're doing the zombie thing again! But this time, it'll be different!"

'kay. :meh:
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:"We're doing the zombie thing again! But this time, it'll be different!"

*sigh*
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:48 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:"We're doing the zombie thing again! But this time, it'll be different!"

It is somewhat clever to let zombies convert C+C. It means one dedicated region member, even in closed regions, could infect a clean region when everyone else is offline. Historically they love trying to depress survival numbers to make being clean/death free without selfishly closing the borders very hard to do.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:17 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

It is somewhat clever to let zombies convert C+C. It means one dedicated region member, even in closed regions, could infect a clean region when everyone else is offline. Historically they love trying to depress survival numbers to make being clean/death free without selfishly closing the borders very hard to do.

You what'll be really clever, though? A different gimmick altogether. We've been doing this for years now, and I've pretty much stopped caring for the past few games. ._.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:52 am

Ghost busting would be cool. They start having ex-nations begin coming back and haunting old thread's and threads that died after hitting five hundred can be opened again to be posted on. A grave diggers fantask come to life! Let the seven hundred page limit begin. The only problem is that threads that died can only be resurrected once, to say their goodbyes and settle unfinished business. At the end of the night, ghost busters (staff ) come in and finish everything off in time for the day to end.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:42 am

The thing is, I don't see the difference.

Wolfenium wrote:

You what'll be really clever, though? A different gimmick altogether. We've been doing this for years now, and I've pretty much stopped caring for the past few games. ._.

We could use a new one.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:14 am

Wolfenium wrote:

Yus, but what are the odds of that? :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 am

Wolfenium wrote:

Good point. :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 am

Wolfenium wrote:

Good point. :p

If in doubt, always count on those in authority (especially if they are techies) to be as lazy as possible. You shall never be disappointed!

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Feeling slightly conflicted and unsure right now... :-/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:Feeling slightly conflicted and unsure right now... :-/

If in doubt, more vodka and candy corn.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:04 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:Feeling slightly conflicted and unsure right now... :-/

I have Kit-Kats and cider...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:

...you have the superior repaste. Damn you.

Shikihara
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikihara » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

It's become a minor nuisance to me any more.

"Let's log in and... oh, someone sent me a telegram. Wonder who it could - wait, no, just a regional leader letting me know about this 4 year old thing that started as an April Fool's prank but became an annual occurrence for some reason."

:| nobody loves me
Hegel wrote:“Spirit certainly makes war upon itself - consumes its own existence; but in this very destruction it works up that existence into a new form, and each successive phase becomes in its turn a material, working on which it exalts itself to a new grade..”

Shikiharan Factbook
Lesbian, Environmentalist, (mostly) Social Democrat, Nationalist, and Japanophile.

The Mystery Bard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mystery Bard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:18 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:

Sure, but that's not helping ease my decision, chum.

After nearly a decade of Text-based Roleplaying on various sites, I'm resigning from it permanently here and now on Nation States.

I am out of ideas, inspiration, and honestly, faith in the Roleplaying community.

I honestly can't force it anymore so, putting it bluntly; "I'm done."

TBH, I feel sad.

I've always loved writing and roleplaying and it has always proved to be a warm pastime and also an effective escape from reality for me.

But, I've just lost my passion for writing and my love of Roleplaying.

I plan to stay on here on NS myself, but from henceforth the majority of my presence will be in the other forums, the discussion and debating ones and whatnot.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:

After nearly a decade of Text-based Roleplaying on various sites, I'm resigning from it permanently here and now on Nation States.

I am out of ideas, inspiration, and honestly, faith in the Roleplaying community.

TBH, I feel sad.

I've always loved writing and roleplaying and it has always proved to be a warm pastime and also an effective escape from reality for me.

I plan to stay on here on NS myself, but from henceforth the majority of my presence will be in the other forums, the discussion and debating ones and whatnot.

Ah, another failed RP then? Well, NS has plenty of other options for interaction; A+F always has some good debates going on.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:42 pm

The Mystery Bard wrote:

TBH, I feel sad.

You can always opt for roleplaying with one or two people in a closed RP. It's been done before, though mostly in NS&II.

The pace will likely be slower, but you might prefer it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse