NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC] The Reign of Castamere - Westerosi RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

[OOC] The Reign of Castamere - Westerosi RP

Postby Argentumurbem » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:40 pm

The Reign of Castamere
A Reyne-Tarbeck Rebellion RP

Every great lord has unruly bannermen who envy him his place

And during the reign of the Lords Gerold the Golden and Tytos the Toothless, these bannermen were the Reynes. Born a Reyne, Lady Ellyn married in to the Lannister family, hoping to make her self Lady of the Rock. During the final years of Lord Gerold's rule, she gained such influence as to make her family one of the most powerful Houses in the Westerlands, showering her brothers, cousins and uncles with land, titles and honours. And yet, her husband died before they could have a child, seeing the position of Lady of the Rock pass over her to her rival, Lady Jeyne Marbrand. Unable to make the new heir accept her hand, Ellyn was married off to the old Lord Tarbeck, sent out of the court of the Lannisters for good.

During the rule of the weak-willed Tytos Lannister, the Reynes and Tarbecks were able to one more take what was not theirs. Yet, with the return of the pragmatic Tywin, fresh from the War of the Ninepenny Kings, this all changed. Tywin made it his goal to take back House Lannister's position in the Westerlands, long marred by his father's inability to demand respect. During one such exercise, Lord Tarbeck journeyed to Casterly Rock to demand that Tytos retract the edicts his son had presented him with. However, he was imprisoned by Tywin, resulting in Lady Ellyn capturing three Lannisters in order to secure the release of her husband. Shortly afterwards, Tywin called the Lords Tarbeck and Reyne to court to answer for their crimes. In reply, they raised their bannermen in revolt.

This is a war-centric RP revolving around the conflict between the much-weakened House Lannister of Casterly Rock and the Houses Reyne of Castamere and Tarbeck of Tarbeck Hall. This conflict saw the return of Lannister supremacy to the Westerlands, and displayed Tywin Lannister's prowess as a nobleman.

You will play as Lords of the Westerlands during these turbulent times. After years, and indeed, decades of leeching off of the Lannisters you are being called to account. Will you side against your liege lord with the Red Lion in order to maintain the position you currently hold, or will you instead honour the oaths you have been lax in upholding to see Tarbeck Hall and Castamere smoking ruins? The choice is up to you.

However, choosing a side is not the only thing which must be decided upon. As a noble lord, you also have your lands and household to take in to consideration. War is expensive, and every man lost could see your influence in the realm diminish at such a rate that it appears that you chose the wrong side in the war.

Lordship
You will select a lord to play as, creating a House head and their family. The options are any house and their assigned lordship from the list below. If you take a High Lord (highlighted in bold), then the minor lords listed beneath are considered your landed vassals.
Vassals
As a High Lord, you will have vassal lords and knights who you will also have to interact with. These noblemen will be loyal to you and your House, over that of your own liege for as long as it is profitable for them to do so. If you constantly refuse their demands, allow their keeps to be looted and give rewards to less deserving servants, then they will be forced to turn against you.

Household
As a lord, you start off with a single province, which houses your ancestral seat. Over the course of the RP, as you displace your enemies or find your vassals dying without issue, you will come in to control of more than a single province. At this point, you can decide to either keep it for yourself, or bestow it on a loyal servant. Both decisions have their own advantages and disadvantages, depending on the situation.

You have three main resources: wealth, influence, manpower. Each one has a primary function.

Wealth - primary: purchasing edicts
This is how much gold you have within your treasury, and is necessary for the upgrading of your holdings in the form of edicts. It is also used to pay for the equipment and supplies needed for your soldiers, vital for waging war.
Influence - primary: promoting yourself in the eyes of your peers
This is the prestige and power your House holds in relation to the other nobles. With this, you can bribe nobles, inspire your troops, instill loyalty in subjects and generally opens up more options for your Household.
Manpower - primary: provides the levies used in military actions
This is the number of men you can raise when you call the banners.

Campaign
The game takes place over "turns" which last a certain allotted time. Armies are "levied" and then move in "real-time" during the turn.
Calling the Banners
When war descends on the realm, all lords who wish to fight must rally their bannermen. To do so, a time stamped order must be posted in the IC, preferably within spoilers. It takes eighteen hours for your levies to marshal. Unless otherwise stated by the OP, all of a High Lord's vassals are considered to raise for him in their own provinces.
Wealth
Unlike usual, you do not buy "buildings" instead, you implement edicts or laws. As each edict/law has a turn expense, you are able to set the edicts you want in place at the beginning of the first turn and leave them be for most of the RP. This way, you do not have to waste much time on fiddling about with the finances of your Household until after the war.
Each province has a natural wealth rating which is used to purchase these edicts/laws
Movement
- Movement orders for armies are given via Telegram
- It takes twenty-four hours for a military unit to pass in to an adjacent province
- An all cavalry force takes eighteen hours, giving such forces an advantage in outmaneuvering the enemy

Battle
- Players TG their battle orders to the OP, who will compare them to that of the opponent. Results will be rolled if applicable.
- Several more TGs with players reacting to the results and flow of the battle until a clear winner is decided.
- Modifiers being applied based on level of RP, commander's abilities, feasibility of tactics, and the men deployed
- Each battle can last several engagements depending on the results and player decisions, as is seen in real life
- This method allows for a sense of confusion with the commanders and ensures that players wishing to deploy "tricks, traps or traitors" can do so without the other player catching wind of it
- Certain unit types have advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation.
- An example of this is: Men-At-Arms are move effective against light infantry caught out of formation, charging downhill. They are least effective trotting uphill in the rain against a phalanx of unengaged pikemen
- Remember that this is a medieval-era world. Tactics are in many ways still rudimentary and the more confusing they are, the less able your soldiers are at carrying them out.
Casterly Rock - House Lannister
- Lannisport - House Lannister
- Tendring - House Broom
- Fang Tower - House Clegane

Castamere - House Reyne
- The Crag - House Westerling
- Banefort - House Banefort

Tarbeck Hall - House Tarbeck
- Fair Isle - House Farmen
- Maunhill - House Plumm

Ashemark - House Marbrand
- Wyndhall - House Estren
- Thurrock - House Garner
- Glitterdale - House Vikary

Goldentooth - House Lefford
- Nunn's Deep - House Doggett
- Pendric Hills - House Bettley

Kayce - House Kenning
- Feastfires - House Prester

Sarsfield - House Sarsfield
- Goldshire - House Algood
- Oxcross - House Yarwyck

Hornvale - House Brax
- Moreland - House Moreland
- Deep Den - House Lydden

Crakehall - House Crakehall
- Falwell - House Falwell
- Greenmonth - House Jast
- Hawthorne - House Yew

Silverhall - House Serrett
- Myatt - House Myatt
- Redbramble - House Turnberry

Payne Hall - House Payne
- Peckledon - House Peckledon
- Drox Castle - House Drox
- Riverspring - House Sarwyck
- Brent Brook - House Foote

Cornfield - House Swyft
- Lonmont - House Lorch
- Greenfield - House Greenfield
WIP
These are purchased with wealth.

These upgrades affect your personal levy
- Castle Quartermaster: costs 15 wealth, allows D20*50 footmen to be upgraded to heavy infantry
- Militias: costs 20 wealth, provides 2000 men (adhere to the same ratios as the levy)
- Military Infrastructure: costs 20 wealth, provides 2000 men (adhere to the same ratios as the levy)
- Castle Barracks: costs 10 wealth, provides 750 extra men to your garrison (split 100 heavy infantry, 300 Footmen, 250 archers), unmoveable from your home province.
- Sellsword Contracts: costs 15 wealth, reduces province income by 10%, provides D20*50 sellswords when the levies are called up (these sellswords are divided 1/2/2/2/2/1 - Men-At-Arms, Heavy infantry, archers, light cavalry, Footmen, Polearms. Example: roll 4 - 200 men, of which 10 are MAA, 20 HI, 20 archers, 20 LC, 20 Foot, 10 PA)

These upgrades affect both you and your levies
- Autonomous Vassals: costs 5 wealth per vassal, adds 500 men to your vassals levy, cannot be taken alongside Centralised Power
- Centralised Power: provides 5 wealth per vassal, reduces your vassal's levy by 50%, cannot be taken alongside Autonomous Vassals
It takes eighteen hours from when you order the banners raised to gather the levies in their home province. These men require no upkeep, however their combat abilities in comparison to professional and mercenary forces are weak without sufficient tactics and leadership.

When called up, the ratios of the levy's different unit types are:

1:2:1:2:3:2
Men-At-Arms: Light Cavalry: Heavy Infanty: Archers: Footmen: Polearms

Large Levy – 5,500
Goldentooth
Castamere
Ashemark
Casterly Rock

Medium Levy – 3,500
Crakehall
Silverhill
Cornfield
Sarsfield
Payne Hall
Hornvale

Small Levy – 2,000
Tarbeck Hall
Fang Tower
Greenfield
Fair Isle
The Crag
Wyndhall
Nunn's Deep
Goldshire
Greenmonth
Myatt
Riverspring
Banefort
Kayce
Lannisport

Very Small Levy – 750
Feastfires
Pendric Hills
Glitterdale
Maunhill
Feastfires
Oxcross
Thurock
Deep Den
Tendrig
Fallwell
Hawthorne
Redbramble
Brent Brook
Peckledon
Drox Castle
Moreland
Lonmont
This is the base wealth of all provinces you directly control. At the beginning of each turn you can add this money (minus or addition of modifiers) to your total wealth remaining from the previous turns.

Very Rich Provinces = (70):
Golden Tooth
Castamere
Casterly Rock
Sarsfield

Rich Provinces = (60):
Ashemark
Lannisport
Silverhill
Payne Hall
The Crag
Kayce
Cornfield
Crakehall
Hornvale

Very Prosperous Provinces (50):
Fair Isle
Nunn's Deep
Pendric Hills
Tarbeck Hall
Thurock
Wyndhall
Maunhill
Goldshire
Fallwell
Greenfield

Prosperous Provinces (40):
Myatt
Brent Brook
Peckledon
Banefort
Feastfires
Drox Castle
Fang Tower
Glitterdale
Oxcross
Riverspring
Deep Den
Redbramble
Tendrig
Greenmonth
Hawthorne
Moreland
Prestige is a vitally important thing to the nobles of Westeros. Wars and centuries old feuds have been born out of matters of prestige. As a result, the lords and ladies have come to be brought up with the knowledge that prestige is a very real power to be gained.

At the beginning, aside from a few exceptions, all High Lords begin with 100 prestige. All minor Lords begin with 50.

- House Lannister of Casterly Rock begins with 35
- House Lannister of Lannisport begins with 20
- House Reyne of Castamere begins with 125

Prestige is "spent" on a variety of bonuses and events which can aid the House in their efforts to assume dominance within the Westerlands. Those bonuses which are bought in the form of household courtiers and retainers are as follows:
- Armoursmith: 25 prestige - provides a bonus to health and survival during battle and duels
- Weaponsmith: 25 prestige - provides a general bonus during battle and duels
- Veteran Commander: 25 prestige - provides a general bonus to battle odds
- Seasoned Soldier: 20 prestige - provides a bonus to survival during battle and assassinations
- Maester: 40 prestige - provides bonuses to survival during assassination, childbirth, injuries, provides a 5% modifier to tax income, can increase the likeliness of soldiers recovering from wounds in battle
- Sworn Sword: 15 prestige - a trained duelist, provides increased chance of survival during battle, can act as a leader and can take the place of the lord during duels.
- Siege Engineer: 20 prestige - allows the construction of more complex siege weapons, gives a bonus to siege defenses.

Application:
Code: Select all
NS Name:
House Name:
House Members: (with some form of family tree)
House Head: (your main character, please include such things as age, personality and biography)
POV Characters: (other characters who you will personally RP as)
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Tag.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Tag

Greswark
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greswark » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm interested but I must admit I've never taken part in an roleplay of this fashion; which is why I am interested.

Questions:
What determines the character attributes
What ARE the possible character attributes
Can you explain the warfare dynamic a bit better
What is TG/FOW?

That's all I can think of for now. This could use some serious elaboration though. You must of loved crusader kings

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:42 am

I added this to the main page of the ASOIF RP group.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Greswark wrote:I'm interested but I must admit I've never taken part in an roleplay of this fashion; which is why I am interested.

Questions:
What determines the character attributes
What ARE the possible character attributes
Can you explain the warfare dynamic a bit better
What is TG/FOW?

That's all I can think of for now. This could use some serious elaboration though. You must of loved crusader kings

First two Qs, that would be in the spoiler labeled "Character Attributes" however debating over removing them entirely in favour of "randomly" rewarded traits. - No longer valid, replacing them with traits earned via RP
You TG your orders, enemy TGs theirs. I roll to see the results, inform you. You send TG the next stage, I roll. This repeats until someone wins/both agree to withdraw.
TG - Telegram, FOW - Fog of War

And that will be because, as stated in the Title, this is not completed yet. And yes for ease I use what is there. Simplifies things. Tho I will go on the record and say I dislike CK2

EDIT: I used to take part in something that the used the same setup, however I am severely dumbing it down.

Streamlining this since I started bringing in various different economy systems relating to castle/holding/provinces. Now the focus has been turned back on the fighting and politics.
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:32 pm

The Lannister's yellow is burning my eyes.

The facts: 2,500 (500 Tarbeck household knights, 2,000 Reyne soldiers) Against 16,000 soldiers leaded by an ambitious lion, sounds like a massacre (It was a massacre anyway).

Reyne's quote would be: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve''

Swyft is a knightly house family not a powerful lord like the Lannisters. House Brax, House Crakehall, House Payne and House Serrett of Silverhill are the only ones who can afford a thousands army while the Lannisters' gold can afford a mercenary army of ten thousands because they own a golden mine.
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Cuprum wrote:The Lannister's yellow is burning my eyes.

The facts: 2,500 (500 Tarbeck household knights, 2,000 Reyne soldiers) Against 16,000 soldiers leaded by an ambitious lion, sounds like a massacre (It was a massacre anyway).

Reyne's quote would be: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve''

Swyft is a knightly house family not a powerful lord like the Lannisters. House Brax, House Crakehall, House Payne and House Serrett of Silverhill are the only ones who can afford a thousands army while the Lannisters' gold can afford a mercenary army of ten thousands because they own a golden mine.

The facts: As previously stated using CK2's set-up for ease, although it is mentioned that Swyft is one of Lanny's principle houses which implies some sort of power. And do not forget that being a "knightly" house does not stop you from being more powerful than a "lordly" house, even if such things are uncommon. Easiest example being Templeton, or Glover/Tallhart in the North.

The result of the war rests with the players, their decisions and actions so if they end up winning the war for Reyne, then so be it.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:41 pm

The power of alt-history.

>Plays as House Reyne
>Uses wealth to hire rogue faceless man
>Assassinates Tywin Lannister and Emmon Frey
>Reynes sack Casterly Rock
>Marries Roger Reyne to Genna Lannister
>Reynes become Lords Paramount
Last edited by Austria and Bavaria on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm

tag so excited! App up later.
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Will we be restricted to these houses listed? If so would we be able to play as all of the houses listed, I am sure you explained this already I just didn't understand.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:44 am

Second Helghan Empire wrote:Will we be restricted to these houses listed? If so would we be able to play as all of the houses listed, I am sure you explained this already I just didn't understand.

Yeah sorry that is poor writing on my part.

You can take any lordship/house in the list, however if you are to take a lord without the "-" in front of it, the lords listed beneath are deemed your vassals. As previously stated these may not be "correct" in the world of GRRM but as the man himself confessed to have wished to have created a better hierarchy system, we will go with it since it has already been created.

Personally I would rather the "High Lords" were APPed first, since they will have the most power and will most certainly take lead role, I will initially leave it completely open.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 am

Argentumurbem wrote:
Second Helghan Empire wrote:Will we be restricted to these houses listed? If so would we be able to play as all of the houses listed, I am sure you explained this already I just didn't understand.

Yeah sorry that is poor writing on my part.

You can take any lordship/house in the list, however if you are to take a lord without the "-" in front of it, the lords listed beneath are deemed your vassals. As previously stated these may not be "correct" in the world of GRRM but as the man himself confessed to have wished to have created a better hierarchy system, we will go with it since it has already been created.

Personally I would rather the "High Lords" were APPed first, since they will have the most power and will most certainly take lead role, I will initially leave it completely open.

Okay thanks so much

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:00 am

NS Name: Cuprum
House Name: House Crakehall
House Members: Lord Sumner Crakehall, Lord of Crakehall and his two sons:
Ser Roland Crakehall, his eldest son and heir to Crakehall.
Ser Tybolt Crakehall
Ser Lyle Crakehall, his second son, called the "Strongboar".
Ser Merlon Crakehall, his third son.
Ser Burton Crakehall, his brother. A fierce knight.
House Head: Lord Sumner Crakehall, 30 years old, He is a confident vassal and childhood friend of Lord Tywin Lannister. He also have a good relationship with Lord Tytos, Tywin's father. When the rebellion started, he joined the Lannister's side expecting an award of more lands to his house after the war ended.
POV Characters: The House of Crakehall
Last edited by Cuprum on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:58 pm

Cuprum wrote:NS Name: Cuprum
Ser Tybolt Crakehall
House Head: Lord Sumner Crakehall, 60 years old, Ser Jaime Lannister squired for Sumner for four years; Merrett Frey was also sent to Crakehall as a page and made a squire by the lord. During the campaign against the outlaws of the Kingswood Brotherhood, Merrett was captured by Wenda and Lord Sumner had to ransom him back. After receiving a hard blow to the head from a mace, Merrett was no longer able to fight and Sumner sent him back to the Twins. Jaime saved Sumner's life in battle with the Brotherhood when he stopped Big Belly Ben from killing the Lord of Crakehall.

If you get the bio in line with the RP's timeline then this can be accepted.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:02 pm

That is the OOC opened officially now.

Here is an updated APP:

Code: Select all
NS Name:
House Name:
House Members: (with some form of family tree)
House Head: (your main character, please include such things as age, personality and biography)
POV Characters: (other characters who you will personally RP as)
House Wealth: (the income of the province per turn)
House Manpower: (the levy size of your house's province)
Household Edicts: (the edicts you intend to have in effect at RP's start)

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Argentumurbem wrote:
Cuprum wrote:NS Name: Cuprum
Ser Tybolt Crakehall
House Head: Lord Sumner Crakehall, 60 years old, Ser Jaime Lannister squired for Sumner for four years; Merrett Frey was also sent to Crakehall as a page and made a squire by the lord. During the campaign against the outlaws of the Kingswood Brotherhood, Merrett was captured by Wenda and Lord Sumner had to ransom him back. After receiving a hard blow to the head from a mace, Merrett was no longer able to fight and Sumner sent him back to the Twins. Jaime saved Sumner's life in battle with the Brotherhood when he stopped Big Belly Ben from killing the Lord of Crakehall.

Fixed

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:02 am

Cuprum wrote:
Argentumurbem wrote:

Fixed

accepted

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:28 am

What will happen after we destroy Lord Reyne?

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:31 am

Cuprum wrote:What will happen after we destroy Lord Reyne?

I have several ideas.

We hold a tourney and the winner weds Cersei. Tourney RP could be fun, plus there is a sweet reward.

We all join the Watch. This can then begin a Night's Watch RP.

We shift this forward into a Robert's Rebellion RP.

Seriously though, anything could happen.
Last edited by Austria and Bavaria on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 am

Also, reserve House Marbrand.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse