NATION

PASSWORD

Fatherland [IC/OPEN/ALT-HISTORY]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Fatherland [IC/OPEN/ALT-HISTORY]

Postby Russian-America » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Somewhat based on the novel by Robert Harris.
"Long Live The Fatherland."

Nazi Germany, April 1964, in the week leading up to Adolf Hitler's 75th birthday. Hitler has cunningly won WWII. The United States and the Greater German Reich are at cold war. Richard Nixon has been elected president. Richard Nixon is sympathetic to both the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, inviting peace talks in Switzerland. Germany has requested that America participate in peace-talks in Germany and has invited Richard Nixon to Berlin for Hitlers 75th birthday which will be a celebration of a Birthday bash and hopefully the aged Fuhrer can sign a peace treaty between the two nations. However, relations have been tense due to defections of Nazi scientists to America with claims of a holocaust which has been denied by Germany who America has been led to believe due to no proof from the Scientists. Journalists from around the world have been invited to see the Reich. The SS has been transformed in to a Political police investigating political crimes (such as Corruption, murder of a government official, etc.) while having a Waffen-SS wing in Russia and at the homefront. Daily police is controlled by the Ordnungspolizei and Border guard and so on follow under it's numerous sub-organizations. Berlin has been transformed in to a showpiece city full of art, cuisine, and so-called technological marvels of the Reich. Welcome to Germany. Will you uncover the truth?

Downtown Berlin
Nazi Germany
April 14th, 1964

Hans drove down Germania Platz in his Black SS Mercedes 300 SEL which had two blue lights and a speaker system ontop. The vehicle stopped at the intersection. Hans kept a eye out for any vehicle violations or radio chatter that'd be alarming. Hans placed his hands back on the steering wheel as the light turned green. He pressed the pedal. A car suddenly rode by with a expired tag. Hans grinned and changed in to their lane. He pressed a button on the dashboard. The lights kicked on and the sirens kicked on aswell, emitting a loud screech through the normally quiet Germania Platz. The vehicle slowed down to the halt along with Hans. He reached to his hat on the dashboard picking it up. He reached to the door opening it. He stepped out, putting his black SS hat on firmly securing it. He walked to the drivers side window of the car. "Greetings. Sturmbannfuhrer Dietrich with the SS-Polizei division under Ordnungspolizei authority. May I see your license and registration please?" and the man shook his head and said, "I'm sorry. I just rented this car. I am a foreigner. I come here from Vichy France. I do have a international license however." and the man suddenly reached in to his pocket, pulling out his wallet and opening it up. He pulls out his ID, sliding it to Hans. He went back to his Mercedes, getting in to it. He picked up the radio speaking in to it, "Records check on a Blue Mercedes 300 SEL. License plate is "SNN1938" and the driver is.. Aldric Fontaine."

OOC
Last edited by Russian-America on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Federern
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federern » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:11 pm

The halls of the University were empty. Sophie Graf gathered the leaflets together. She stood on the second floor of the main atrium; she looked over the railing and into the center of the hall. She smiled for a moment and jumped off the railing with glee and a huge smile. Sophie then took the box of leaflets and threw them into the center atrium.

There is no difference between the races

A Jew is nearly one hundred percent genetically the same as a German

We are no better!

"Ms Graf? What are you doing?" Klein asked with a small grin.
"You always say that the Aryan people vary next to nothing with the Jews. If you wish to arrest me, then so be it, but you know it's the truth." Sophie said proudly.
"Hmmm... Good for you! We need more people to extoll the truth. I was a nationalist once. I believed in a united Germany, but I know now some horrifying truths. something that might make your leaflets slightly more important." Klein said very slowly
"Like what?" Sophie said with a concerned sound in her voice.
"Let's just say that the SS has some skeletons in their closet," Klein said angrily, "and it's coming out to the rest of the world. Sophie, let's spread the truth here. We have a few other students on our side."

Dosteovania
Attaché

Founded: Nov 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

SS-Standartenführer Anna-Katrin von Bödeker leaned back in her chair in her office in the Ordnungspolizei on Adolf Hitler Straße in downtown Berlin. Scattered about on her desk in front of her were the latest reports on the local troublemakers and dissidents that were causing trouble in Berlin. Most of the reports were simple and mundane...some graffiti on a wall, flyers left illegally under the windshield wipers of parked cars, little things like that. Unfortunately, with the upcoming celebration of the Führer's birthday, NOTHING could be taken for granted, and every little thing had to be investigated.

Never mind the fact that it wasted the time of her men, when there were much more important issues to attend to.

Anna-Katrin sighed, leaning forward to pick a framed photograph off of her desk.

"Ahh, Klaus," she said to the smiling man in the portrait. "Sometimes I wonder why the hell I bothered taking this damnable job. I could've gone back to Kiel and taken over the family farm..."

"But you know you never would have been happy," she heard his voice in her head. "You know the uniform is your life. Serving the Reich is what you were born to do."

"Damn you. You always were the sensible one," she said as she replaced his portrait in its proper place.

She reached for the first file folder at the top of the pile. Flipping it open, she began to read.

"Klein, Robert. Scientist. Professor at the Universität zu Berlin. Surveillance necessary. Could possibly have information detrimental to the Führer and the good of the Greater German Reich." Klein's face smiled out at her almost mockingly from the photograph that was paper-clipped to the report.

"Well now, Professor Klein. Looks like you're first on our list today. Let's see what you have to say when I send Sturmbannführer Dietrich out to question you."

With that, she tossed the file back down on her desk and limped out to the radio room.

"von Greiff," she said to the man at the controls. "I want you to call Sturmbannführer Dietrich back from patrol. I have a little job that I need done, and I need to send my best man out to do it."

"Yes, ma'am!!"

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:51 am

Not far from Standartenführer Bödeker's office sat Leutnant Martin Waltz. He was unlike many of his co-workers only an Ordnungspolizei, and had no additional rank in the SS. He wasn't even a member of the Nazi Party. Membership in those two organizations would definitely have helped his career, but he wasn't the opportunistic type. He had no love for the regime, and would not pretend that he had any by joining its political clubs, even if he held his life dear enough to not openly express dissent. As a police officer he was, ironically, a tool of the Nazi state and part of the brutal machinery of the Reich, but he had to do something for a living, so why not something he was good at? Besides, even in a dictatorship there were plenty of non-political crimes to solve. Even in Hitler's Germany some laws existed with the intent to keep the common people safe and free from harm.

Martin lit another cigarette where he sat in his desk, working on his report. He knew the dangers of smoking, another good thing coming from the Nazis, but he was too addicted to quit right away. Though he did smoke less these days. He would quit entirely one day, he told himself, just like he had told himself a thousand times before. Perhaps it would be true one day, if he hadn't collapsed of lung cancer long before that.

Back to the report. Martin inhaled and exhaled the poisonous smoke from the fag as his nine fingers danced over the typewriter. His last case had been a success. A little girl, only four years old, an Aryan dream and the daughter of a prominent local NSDAP commissioner had been kidnapped, but Waltz and his group had found her and gotten the perpetrator behind bars. The girl was unhurt and the kidnapper awaited trial. His fate was already sealed. If he survived the "accidents" and "suicide attempts" that were so common for people in custody in this country, then it wasn't a fair trial that waited him, not that he deserved one, and even if he did, all the evidence spoke against him. The kangaroo courts would sentence him either to death or to a stay either in Plötzensee or one of all the concentration camps, in which he would likely die anyway. Whatever the outcome would be, Martin Waltz had no sympathy or pity for him. Going after children was the worst thing anyone could do in his book.

He finished the report and read it, two times. It looked good enough. He quenched the cigarette butt in the ashtray on the table and got up to leave the papers to his boss. As he walked trough the corridor, he realized that the father to this little kid that he had saved undoubtly was very grateful, and that it was possible that he could pull some strings to make it easier for him to get the promotion he believed he deserved. He was hardly a careerist, but he knew that he had been held back by the higher ups, and he didn't like it. He suspected that the reason was that they doubted his loyalty. Well, they weren't entirely wrong, but not entirely right either. It was complicated, and many times Martin himself didn't even know exactly where he stood.

He knocked at the door and waited impatiently. Colonel Bödeker's office looked empty, and it was, as he found out when he entered. Nothing to be done about. With Hitler's birthday and Nixon's state visit coming up, the Reich would be even more of a police state than usual. Martin didn't like that thought. He didn't like Nixon either. There was something about the US president that made him look like a crook, even more so than all the other Yankees combined. And Hitler, well, he would of course bang the big propaganda drum and pretend to be an old, cozy Uncle Adi... Perhaps Nixon was the better one of them anyway. Ah, what did it matter? He shrugged and tossed his report onto Bödeker's desk.

Waltz felt the smell of his breath. It stenched of tobacco. Well, maybe that was some kind of progress, that he no longer liked the taste of it. Unfourtanately, the need for nicotine was still there. Maybe some coffee could wash it away. He left the SS-woman's office, closed the door, and went to the cafeteria across the street. The staff over there made much better coffee than the cops themselves. And their pastries were sweeter thn the ones in the lunchroom. It was an easy choice.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-America » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Germania Platz, Downtown Berlin
Nazi Germany
April 14th, 1964

The dispatcher's voice spoke back on the radio among the chatter of SS-Polizei and Ordnungspolizei calling out crimes and the dispatchers dispatching people, "Records check on the vehicle reveal it to be a rented car from Tempelhof International Car Rental. Check on a... Aldric Fontaine turned up no prior convictions or bulletins with the Vichy France folders and our folders." and Hans picked up the vehicles CB, speaking in to it. "Very well then. I'll be closing it with a warning for the driver and a ticket to the agency." and Hans once again got out of the vehicle and then proceeded to walk towards the Frenchman's rented car. He leaned in and said, "Alright. I'll be giving you a warning today Mr. Fontaine. Be sure to check which cars you get in to next time, alright?" and the Frenchman nodded. Hans walked back to his car as the Frenchman drove off. Hans got in to his car and turned off the emergency lights while shutting the door. He proceeded to write down the ticket and and a written paper notifying that a warning was given to Aldric Fontaine. He sealed both in separate envelopes. He wrote down the address of Martin Waltz at Polizei Headquarters in Berlin so he could sort the letters and investigate the rental agency and keep a record on Aldric Fontaine. When he finished writting everything down, he placed his hands on the steering wheel and proceeded to drive the car towards the Polizei Headquarters. He parked it outside the building and a young NCO belonging to the Ordnungspolizei came out and saluted the officer. Hans not really caring much for the nazi salute himself saluted traditionally and then passed the letters to the NCO and said, "Make sure he gets these." and the NCO nodded while once again saluting. He proceeded to walk in to the building going to a nearby elevator. Suddenly the radio cracked with the voice of Greiff. "Major Dietrich, you are requested to Bödeker's room" Hans sighed and picked up the radio speaking, "Very well. I'll get up there in a second. We've been getting calls all day from there about damn college people getting drunk." and the dispatcher laughed and said, "You know how it is with the college life these days Major Dietrich. Very different from when we were college boys. Now it's rampant with sex, drugs and all that nonsense." and Hans said, "Yeah." while placing the radio back down. He got out of the vehicle and walked towards the SS-Polizei headquarters. He opened the door and walked inside. Proceeding towards the elevator. He pressed the up button on the control panel. The elevator opened and he stepped in to the elevator. The elevator proceeded to go up towards the third floor. He walked towards Bödeker's office and knocked on the door.

Dosteovania
Attaché

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Anna-Katrin was sitting at her desk, reading through Leutnant Martin Waltz's closing report on the Berlin kidnapper when there was a knock at her door.

"Come in," she said irritably.

Sturmbannführer Dietrich poked his head in.

"Ah, yes, Dietrich, come in," she said. "Please, have a seat. I just need to finish up one little thing here." She waved him to a chair.

She signed the paperwork with a flourish, slapped the folder closed, and tossed it into her outbox. She then picked another folder up off of the never-ending pile.

"Here," she said, leaning over and handing it to Dietrich. "Dietrich, you're one of my best men. I want your opinion on this Robert Klein."

She leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest. Her Knight's Cross glinted darkly at her throat.

"Read that file, and tell me what you think. We've had enough problems lately at Universität zu Berlin, and I have a feeling this guy is getting ready to stir up the pot. What are your feelings on this? Should we just sit on him and watch him? Or should we bring him in for...questioning?"

Federern
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federern » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Klein had revealed the Holocaust to his student in his office under hushed whispers, the agreement being that she would take the blame if caught. She was quite horrified at the pictures in his binder hidden under pictures of friends and family. There was some bit of pride in him that a pupil of his would take up the fight against the party like those kids in Munich. He remembered when it first came out, and the brutal hunt for those students. Nowadays you'll see a flier in a windshield once a week, but it's still a dangerous job and he was proud of Sophie. Klein sat in his office calibrating a microscope.

"Professor Klein!" A gaunt man said to the professor, "Good to see you again!"
"You as well! How are you doing Adolphus?" Klein said with a warm smile as he went to hug the man.
"I am doing better now that I have seen you. They took me out of the SS and put me under Goebbels." Adolphus said with a smile.
"Really what type of job is that?" Klein said as he leaned on the desk, "Are the censorship boards as bad as they used to be?"
"Sometimes, particularly now, I censor information from local broadcasts." Adolphus said looking down, "I got a tip that an SS officer is coming your way soon, probably nothing, but a good excuse to see an old friend!"
"Thank you for the warning! Luckily I've done nothing wrong." Klein said as he straightened his posture, "I have some Italian wine in my cupboard if you would like a glass."
"Cant resist that!" Adolphus said with a chuckle as Klein poured out two glasses.

The two had a quick drink as they talked more about their lives now. The two had shared a distaste for the narrative of the Nazi party, but Adolphus was still a nationalist and stood with the party. Klein moved the topic of conversation skillfully away from their days in the SS, and by the time Adolphus had left, Klein had rebuilt an old friendship. He then sat at his desk waiting for this officer to come, sending out a letter cancelling classes for the day.
Last edited by Federern on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stauffys Place
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stauffys Place » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:14 am

Oberst Claus von Stauffenberg was not having the best morning.

One of the kids was down sick, his dog, who was nearly convinced he was one of the horses, had busted the gates trying to jump them, his coffee pot was broken, his favourite mug also in ruin, the cat had eaten his daughter's fish and he had been five minutes later for work, which was, for him, a vast contrast to his usual punctuality.

Now, as he sat at his desk going over weekly reports an abnormality had caught his eye, causing him to pause altogether.

"Oberst Stauffenberg, sir," said a voice, jarring the colonel from his thoughts, "Lady Anna-Katrin requests you bring her coffee."

Claus looked up at the young officer, frowning.

"What does she think I am? Her hired help!?"

Annoyed, Claus rose from his desk, taking the folder with him.

After making the blackest cup of coffee he could manage he awkwardly knocked on Anna-Katrin's door.

"Your coffee awaits, your ladyship," He called drily through the wood, "And also, I have a report you will wish to see."

Eredion
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 am

SS Hauptquartier, Berlin
Großdeutsches Reich
April 14th, 1964

Lukas Meyer sat at his desk, it was quite an unusual and uncomfortable situation for him to be in, normally he is out on patrol and to add to that he had been out late yesterday to a NSDAP meeting, then he got orders in. He did not like the desk and the formal parts about his job, but he loved being able to bring down enemies of the state and help Adolf Hitler protect Germany, because he was able to silence a few of the inner security concerns, the job also was not paid bad and he had a young pregnant wife at home.

"Untersturmführer Lukas Meyer you are to aid in the investigation of the employees of the Universität zu Berlin, who are under suspicion to have spread lies about the Reich, it is unknown if with the subject in question there is a risk of flight and if he has gained any supporters at the university by making them believe his lies... Heil Hitler!"

"Another little troublemaker... some just never know when to quit." He though to himself.

Lukas grabbed his Luger, put on his leather mantle and hat, straightened his attire and then went off to the university to fulfill his duty.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Martin Waltz returned refreshed from his coffee break to find two sealed envelopes at his desk. He sat down, opened them, and read the documents. Didn't seem to be much of a case, but Major Dietrich seemed to believe there was something suspect about the Frenchie. And since it didn't seem to be any record at all, of any kind, on the frog, perhaps his superior was correct. Regardless, all Martin could do was to obey orders. If it had merely been about giving the letter to the rental agency then any Anwärter could have done it, but Dietrich's instructions were clear: Investigate Tempelhof International Car Rental and find out who Monsieur Aldric Fontaine really is. He grabbed his hat and coat, put the envelopes and what they contained in the inner pocket, and went down do the garage to get a car. Just as good to get going right away.

A few minutes later he was driving towards the rental agency.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-America » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Barapam wrote:Martin Waltz returned refreshed from his coffee break to find two sealed envelopes at his desk. He sat down, opened them, and read the documents. Didn't seem to be much of a case, but Major Dietrich seemed to believe there was something suspect about the Frenchie. And since it didn't seem to be any record at all, of any kind, on the frog, perhaps his superior was correct. Regardless, all Martin could do was to obey orders. If it had merely been about giving the letter to the rental agency then any Anwärter could have done it, but Dietrich's instructions were clear: Investigate Tempelhof International Car Rental and find out who Monsieur Aldric Fontaine really is. He grabbed his hat and coat, put the envelopes and what they contained in the inner pocket, and went down do the garage to get a car. Just as good to get going right away.

A few minutes later he was driving towards the rental agency.

Templhof International Airport Car Rental, Berlin
Großdeutsches Reich
April 14th, 1964

Upon arriving at the scene. Martin would notice the same blue Mercedes 300 SEL Hans reported earlier. He would notice a strange man in the car, presumably the frenchmen. The frenchmen not realizing it's a Police car, steps out. The frenchman is wearing all black with a combat vest and black combat boots. He is holding a shortened version of the AKM-47 with a folding stock. He had a drum magazine loaded in to the AK. He shouted in fluent Russian and poor German, "DEATH TO THE FASCIST PIGS WHO SET ME UP!" and proceeded to fire on the business, mowing down just about everyone in the entire business, presumably leaving them injured or dead. He proceeded to fire until his drum-mag was empty. He threw down the AK and noticed that Martin's car had Government plates obviously belonging to Ordo. He grabbed a P38 from his combat vest holster pulling it out swiftly. He took aim at Martin and click. The gun was jammed and was suffering from a mechanical flaw. He said, "shit!" and threw down the gun and just raised his hands up, proceeding to surrender.

Polizei Headquarters, Berlin
Großdeutsches Reich
April 14th, 1964

Hans took the file and looked over it carefully. He said, "Well. I say we keep a eye on him for no-" before being interrupted by his police-radio on his belt erupting with emergency calls from people at Templhof Airport reporting gunshots and screaming. Hans looked back to Anna and smirked saying, "Well. It seems we have bigger problems in the wonderful city of Berlin. I'll meet you there." and walked out of the office nodding to Stauffenberg. He rushed to the armory and requested a STG-53. The armory attendant nodded and said, "Ja, ja Hans.. I'll get you your damn assault rifle." and went to a cabinet, pulling out a STG-53 and 3 magazines for the gun. Hans grabbed one and popped the magazine in, pulling back the charging handle on the gun while keeping the safety on. He held the STG-53 in one hand and his magazines in the other. He rushed out to his vehicle having the young NCO from before open the door. He threw the weapon and magazines in to the passenger seat. He closed the car door and turned on the emergency lights and siren, proceeding to Templhof in emergency traffic.

Dosteovania
Attaché

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:02 am

"Jesus Christ," Anna-Katrin mumbled under her breath as she grabbed her visor cap off her desk and jammed it onto her head. The frantic call she'd heard come in over Dietrich's radio had the entire station in an uproar.

Grabbing her greatcoat off her coat rack, she shrugged into it as she ran out the door, almost running Stauffenberg over in her haste.

"Scheisse! Where the hell have you been?" she exclaimed coldly. "Never mind." She waved off his response. "We have a situation. I need you to get out to the press and tamp this shit down before it gets blown out of proportion. There's too much at stake here for the press to get a hold of this and run with it."

She grabbed the cup of coffee out of Stauffenberg's hand and headed over to the radio room. The startled radio operator visibly cringed at the thunderous look on her face.

"I want all unit to be dispatched IMMEDIATELY to the Templhof International Airport Car Rental. There's been a shooting...make sure everyone takes the proper precautions."

She gulped down the coffee, tossed the cup into the garbage can, and ran down to the garage to her car. She started the car, jammed it into gear, and sped out of the garage, lights and sirens blasting.

Stauffys Place
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stauffys Place » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:21 am

Stauffenberg rolled his remaining eye at almost being ran over but nodded.

He strode back to his desk and picked up the phone, dialing the house number of Alfred Rosenberg, editor of ‘Vőlkischer Beobachter.'

"Rosenberg? Yes, Colonel Stauffenberg. There as been an incident that the boss wishes remains as quiet as possible. Yes, a shooting at Templhof International Airport Car Rental... Frankly I don't care what you tell them. Training exercise mishap was the last cover up... No, somehow I don't think a backfiring car will quite cover it... You're the editor you figure it out!"

Claus banged the phone down on the receiver, taking a moments revenge before he picked it up to dial Eugen Hadamowsky.

Eredion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:24 am

Lukas received the radio call for back up via radio, while on his ride to the university.

"Copy that, Lukas Meyer, SS-Untersturmführer is on the way to give back up in the shooting at Flughafen Tempelhof." He responded via on board radio.

He lit another cigarette, put it in his mouth and rammed the wheel around, made a U-turn, turned on his siren and drove as fast as he could to the Flughafen Tempelhof, already switching off the safety of his Luger.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:45 am

SS-Oberst Gruppenführer Adolf K. Weismann shut the two finely crafted mahogany doors behind him as he exited the office of SS-Reichsführer Reinhard Heydrich, having just delivered him his regular monthly report concerning his assessment of the Ordnungspolizei in Adolf's capacity as Generalinspekteur der Polizei. As the Inspector General of the Police, it was his job to make routine reviews of Orpo to ensure they were functioning at full capability, as well as root out any wisps of corruption or illegality within the ranks. Weismann also acted as the liaison officer between the SS and the Orpo in the event coordination was required or a conflict or interest occurred. Officially speaking, he was Head of the Special Services Division of the Political Crimes Department, unofficially he also had a hand in the general internal security, he did work as subordinate to the Reichsführer after all.

As he closed the doors and entered the outer office, the young man at the desk, whose attention was formerly fixed upon his computer screen, took notice of him and immediately stood up at attention. His right arm shot out as was drilled into his generation from birth and he gave that shout which was so common-place now in Germany. "Heil Hitler!" Adolf, who responded by raising his own right hand crooked back at the elbow, palm opened upwards, in a gesture of acceptance, walked over to check if any messages had come for him. Two decades ago, it would have been quite unusual for anyone but the Führer himself to make such a variation of the traditional Party salute, yet now it was quite commonplace for officers and officials of high rank to also use such a variation.

Before he could check with the secretary, his aide, Oberführer Hubert Gruber, ran up and leaned in to whisper in Adolf's ear. "Herr Weismann, there is a situation occurring at Tempelhof. A shooting by a foreign national apparently." Adolf frowned at this, true the Special Services Division did handle investigations regarding foreign nationals, but this should have been a job for Orpo rather than the SS, why would they be calling in- "It would seem the shooter slipped in impersonating a Vichy French citizen though reports put him as Russian." That was why they were calling in the Special Services Division.

Weismann and Gruber immediately headed for the front doors leading out to the parking lot where Weismann's official SS-issued staff car was parked. On the way Weismann was issuing orders to Gruber whom would relay them along the line from the telephone inside the staff car once they reached the vehicle. "I want Tempelhof locked down and a temporary news blackout until this situation has been defused and properly assessed. If anyone asks questions, say it is a drill for a special emergency. Cordon off Tempelhof and make sure no one leaves." As they approached the vehicle, Gruber opened the rear door for Adolf to enter and then got in the drivers seat himself. They quickly pulled out of the parking lot and into the main street, lights flashing atop the vehicle. "As to this shooter, take him alive if possible, dead if necessary."

As they were several blocks from Tempelhof at the moment, he used the radio in the back of the staff car to issue his orders. "Attention all Ordnungspolizei and Schutzstaffel units responding to the events occurring at Tempelhof Flughafen. This is SS-Oberst Gruppenführer Adolf K. Weismann, I am taking charge of this operation and here is the main directive. Secure and cordon off Tempelhof, I don't even want our own people getting out without being frisked and having their identity triple checked. As to this shooter, I want him taken alive if possible, dead if necessary." Weismann then opened a compartment beneath his seat and took out a weapon from it. This weapon being his old service Luger back when the war was raging across the globe rather than simply in the East. He checked it was loaded and felt satisfied that it was as he holstered it at his belt.

He then pulled a locket out from around his neck and flipped it open to see a picture from 1943 of himself, Eva, and Manfred in front of his parents old townhouse. Whenever he set out to work, he always looked at this picture to remember more peaceful times. Now Manfred was a young man seeking his fortunes in the world. His last letter was from France where he and a friend of his had established a small legal firm in Paris. It made Adolf happy to see his son distancing himself from the violence that had followed the Weismann household for generations.
Last edited by New Decius on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Whatever he had expected, it sure as hell wasn't this. Just as he stopped the car, the alleged Frenchie, heavily armed, began to shout and shoot the place up. Martin instinctively tried to make himself small and crouched behind the steering wheel while reaching for his gun. Scheiße! It was stuck! Come on! The lunatic shooter spray painted the car rental with hot lead while the police lieutenant cursed his bad luck. Finally, he got his pistol out of the holster just as the Russkie was out of bullets, only to find himself as the next intented target. As of divine intervension, the P38 aimed at him jammed, and Martin didn't waste any more time. As the shooter raised his arms to give up, he quickly opened the car door, with enough force to knock down his opponent. He then hurried out to hold down and cuff him. He put the pipe of his own P38, the same model that had been pointed towards him a second ago, against the shooter's thick neck, hard enough to leave a round mark that would last for days.

"Lay still! Or I'll shoot! And I don't want your brain substance on my coat!"

He then stood up, still aiming at the Russkie's fake-French skull. He was about to call for backup, but heard over the radio that they were already on way. Good. Someone would need to take a look inside the building, hopefully some of the victims could still be saved. Now he heard the sirens, not far away.

"Now just what the hell was this about?" Waltz shouted at the man. He had his ideas. If he was right, then the SS would be very interested. Those guys loved to torture Soviet spies.

Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-America » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:18 am

Hans continued to speed down to the crime scene. Hans finally arrived on scene and quickly opened the door as he was cutting the siren off and stepped out of the vehicle. He looked to Martin who already had him apprehended. He approached Martin and said, "Leutnant Waltz. Sturmbannführer Dietrich. Can you tell me what happened?" before noticing the Frenchmen was one of the men he had pulled over earlier. He walked to the rented Mercedes and opened the door and pressed the trunk lever. The trunk opened and Hans walked over and begun to search. He finds nothing in the trunk. He looked to the AK on the ground walking over to it. He picked it up and inspected it carefully. "Same one that was on the eastern front in the early 40s. Just shortened and with some modifications" before he was interrupted by moaning. A wounded NSDAP Gauleiter stumbled out who just returned from North Africa on a vacation and fell to the ground. Hans reached for his radio shouting in to it. "WE NEED A AMBULANCE OR SOMEONE WITH A MEDICAL KIT!"
Last edited by Russian-America on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dosteovania
Attaché

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:13 am

Anna-Katrin pulled her Mercedes to a screeching halt behind Dietrich's. She turned off the ignition, leaned over and reached into her glove box. She pulled out her Luger...it had been a gift from her husband on their wedding day. Thumbing off the safety, she jammed it into her holster as she got out of her car, slamming the door behind her. She had just grabbed a junior officer, ordering him to cordon off the area, when she heard Dietrich shout for help over the radio. She took off across the lot at a run.

She found Dietrich kneeling down over the prone body of one of the local NSDAP Gauleiters. Blood was spurting from a wound in his neck. Dietrich was calling over the radio for an ambulance. Anna-Katrin quickly assessed the scene, kneeling down over the Gauleiter.

She shuddered at the amount of blood. Leaning in close, she pressed her fingers into the wound; an artery throbbed beneath her fingertips.

"Sheisse," she breathed. "Dietrich, quickly, get me the med-kit out of your trunk. He's taken a bullet to the throat and an artery has been torn. If I don't get this clipped off in the next minute, he will die. GO!"

Dietrich did as he was bid, returning quickly with the med-kit. She dug through it purposefully and brought out the locking forceps. Working quickly, she clamped off the spurting artery. She took gauze wrap and was carefully wrapping up his neck to hold the forceps in place when the ambulance crew arrived. Working quickly, they scooped him up off the ground, got him into the ambulance, and took off.

Anna-Katrin looked down at her hands; they were covered in blood up past her wrists. She paled, her thoughts suddenly pulled into the past, thinking of Klaus and the sight of him lying there in the snow, the blood staining the pure white....

She shook her head and pulled herself back to the present. Dietrich stood a few feet away, watching her. He wordlessly handed her a towel and she took it gratefully.

"Ok, we need to work this quickly before Weismann and his crew get here and try to take things over again. Waltz, I want you to get the perp back to the station on the double. Weismann is NOT getting his claws into this one. I don't give a damn whether or not he outranks me, this is OUR crime scene. Dietrich, go around and collect up what evidence you can. von Greiff will help you." She motioned to a couple other officers. "Lang, you and Albrecht talk to any witnesses."

She stood up, stumbling a bit as her leg almost gave out on her. She mentally cursed her old injuries.

"Gentlemen, I don't have to tell you how important it is that we keep this little...INCIDENT...as quiet as possible, ok?"

Anna-Katrin looked down at her hands. The white towel was stained red with the Gauleiter's blood. Her heart twisted in her chest.

"Meanwhile, I'll wait for Weismann to show up."

Norlur
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Norlur » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 am

Templhof International Airport, Berlin
April 14th, 1964

Jyrki yawned quietly as he walked the busy halls of Tempholf International Airport, heading towards the exit, carrying his baggage with him. The airplane had descended in Berlin some hours ago, but he had decided to sit in a small corner of one of the airport's many cafes and take a look at his notes. He had been YLEs reporter on European affairs ever since 1958 and had been collecting information on the 'skeletons' of the Greater Reich for years. Although Finland was an ally country of Germany, it had never officially joined the Pact of Steel nor had it been subjected to the same level of repression under the boot of Nazism as other countries. Journalists in Finland were still free to research their stories and reach their own conclusions, despite protests of Nazi Germany and the ever-looming danger of censorship.

What intrigued Jyrki the most was a little known and hushed 'conspiracy' theory that had been circulating ever since the end of the Second Weltkrieg. That the official Greater Reich story, that Jews and other minorities had been relocated in the East, wasn't true. With Reichkommisariat Ostland and Generalgovernent Polen still being closed to the eyes of the public save for Wehrmacht and SS officials, nobody could confirm or deny these rumors. Jyrki's own interest in this case had begun in 1960 when he first discovered that in November 1942 eight Soviet jews and other 19 deportees had been relocated to Nazi Germany, never to be traced back, even with the end of the war. For these four years he had collected evidence piece by piece, through bribing, persuading and often (although he was not proud of it) blackmailing and favor-returning. Although he had not been able to find solid evidence on the existence of the so called 'Holocaust' he had managed to trace down one name. Some Professor Klein in the Universität zu Berlin was rumored to know more of the Holocaust and perhaps have evidence of it's existence.

This was the real reason he had been so keen to be the leading YLE journalist in Germany. Jyrki was determined to uncover the truth, under the shield of being a mere foreign journalist, one from a proud 'friendly' to Germany nation, simply here to cover the birthday of the Fuhrer and the possible attendance of President Nixon. Perhaps speaking to the Professor could clear things up and cooperating could turn up well for both, if the Professor was willing to trust a foreign journalist to reveal the story in press with tremendous backing.

Sipping the last of the coffee he held, he decided to take a cab and go to the International Airport Car Rental. He would need a car if he was going to be bouncing from area to area of Berlin. He threw the coffee in the trashcan outside the Airport's huge entrance and entered a cab.

"Templhof International Airport Car Rental, please" he said to the taxi driver, and the car begun speeding up the highway.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:39 am

Anna would not have to wait long as Weismann's staff car just cleared and passed through the cordon, now being strengthened on his orders. It pulled up to the crime scene as Gruber got out of the drivers seat. He nodded respectfully to Anna and then opened the door to allow Weismann to get out. The fifty seven year old SS-Oberst Gruppenführer grunted a bit as his shoulder throbbed just slightly, an after effect of being shot on the Eastern Front those years ago when he was stationed there, and also feeling his age. He exited the vehicle and walked straight towards Anna with Gruber in tow, looking around to see her men already working on the scene whilst the units he had called for were still strengthening the cordon.

SS-Standartenführer Anna-Katrin von Bödeker was quite an intrigue for Weismann, whom usual struck discipline into the hearts of any with his presence yet from her he seemed to get defiance. He could see it in her eyes as he approached and stopped before her. He then performed the salute, fully this time with right arm fully extended, "Heil Hitler. SS-Standartenführer Anna-Katrin von Bödeker please regale me with the details of what has happened here. After all, a possible terrorist attack at Tempelhof does I believe come under the authority of the Special Services Division. However perhaps a joint-investigation would be more fruitful in this situation would it not."
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-America » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:48 am

Hans distanced him from the scene and was adjusting his Party-armband on his black uniform. Hans twisted his head and noticed a Taxi approaching towards the Crime Scene. Hans approached the vehicle and raised his hand up in to a stop motion. Hans knocked on the window of the taxi. The taxi driver rolled down the window and said, "Sturmbannnfuhrer. What happened?" and Hans said, "It's nothing. There has just been a small accident. Turn around at once." The taxi-driver sighed and said, "No can do. The guy here in the back wants to be dropped off here." Hans looked towards the guy in the back and said, "Fine. He can be let out here but you have to keep going on. Don't let me catch you back here with any more fares." and Hans opened the door for the Finnish reporter letting him out of the vehicle. Hans looked towards him and said, "If you're looking for a car. You're going to be waiting a damn long while."
Last edited by Russian-America on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 am

Russian-America wrote:Hans continued to speed down to the crime scene. Hans finally arrived on scene and quickly opened the door as he was cutting the siren off and stepped out of the vehicle. He looked to Martin who already had him apprehended. He approached Martin and said, "Leutnant Waltz. Sturmbannführer Dietrich. Can you tell me what happened?" before noticing the Frenchmen was one of the men he had pulled over earlier. He walked to the rented Mercedes and opened the door and pressed the trunk lever. The trunk opened and Hans walked over and begun to search. He finds nothing in the trunk. He looked to the AK on the ground walking over to it. He picked it up and inspected it carefully. "Same one that was on the eastern front in the early 40s. Just shortened and with some modifications" before he was interrupted by moaning. A wounded NSDAP Gauleiter stumbled out who just returned from North Africa on a vacation and fell to the ground. Hans reached for his radio shouting in to it. "WE NEED A AMBULANCE OR SOMEONE WITH A MEDICAL KIT!"

Leutnant Waltz greeted the Sturmbannführer with a quick nod as he arrived. "I'd salute you properly, but as you can see my hands are busy." He then gave him all details of what had happened, from when he had arrived, to the fascist yelling, the shooting, and the apprehending. "... and that's when you arrived. We need people to check inside for wounded and dead. And I might just as well tell you already that this little 'Frenchie' of yours actually is one of Khrushchev's boys." He glanced at the Gauleiter, but Colonel Bödeker was quickly there to assist.
Dosteovania wrote:"Ok, we need to work this quickly before Weismann and his crew get here and try to take things over again. Waltz, I want you to get the perp back to the station on the double. Weismann is NOT getting his claws into this one. I don't give a damn whether or not he outranks me, this is OUR crime scene. Dietrich, go around and collect up what evidence you can. von Greiff will help you." She motioned to a couple other officers. "Lang, you and Albrecht talk to any witnesses."

Martin nodded affirmitevely to his female boss. She might have been too much of a Nazi for his taste, but there was no doubt that she was very competent and good at her work. He respected her for that, and had most of the time no reason to criticize her. Though it was a bit surprising to see her react to the sight of blood in the way that she did.

He ordered one of all the constables running around to help him carry the unconscious culprit into the back of his car, and come with him back to the station. The younger man in green uniform did as he was told. Martin gave him the car keys. Just as Weismann's car arrived, theirs left. Martin hoped he would get some time to question this Ivan by himself before anyone else got to interrogate and/or beat him up.

Norlur
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Norlur » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 pm

April 14th, 1964

Jyrki watched as the taxi driver and the SS officer conversed and stepped out of the car once the man opened the door. "If you're looking for a car, you're going to be waiting a damn long while." said the Sturmbannnfuhrer looking towards him. Shit he thought, rolling his eyes and looking at the ground. Only few hours had passed since he had arrived in the Greater Reich and his investigation was already being hindered already. However, he realised that this did not look like a regular crime scene. He could see the busy movements of SS officers, and the fact that they had stopped their on it's tracks did not look normal. Yet, it could just be another regular crime. He decided he would ask the officer about it.

"Jyrki Heikkinen" he said offering his hand to the Sturmbannfuhrer. "I am journalist for Finnish state television here to cover the Fuhrer's birthday celebration. I just wanted to rent a car to ease my moving around Berlin." he finished, looking at the officer. "Do you know any other way to get to Berlin sir, or when the car rental will open again?" Jyrki told the officer, grabbing a cigarette from his case. He had to make sure that he would be able to get in Berlin as soon as possible if he didn't want to delay the investigation process.

Hopefully the Sturmbannfuhrer would know some way to Berlin, even bus if needed.

Eredion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 am

Lukas arrives at the scene behind the finnish reporter.
He turns off his siren, steps out, straightens his coat, puts on his hat as he closes the door and talks to the reporter:

"Why are you here, you can clearly see that the press has no access to this facility, let alone foreign press, I order you to leave the vicinity of the car rent immediately."

He looks at his notepad "Let me see what you have written down so far..."

He grabs into the inside of his coat and takes out a box of cigarettes, they are almost empty, not really boosting his morale, but takes one out anyway, he puts the cigarette in his mouth and the box back in the coat and lights his cigarette.

Norlur
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Norlur » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:37 am

April 14th, 1964

Jyrki had just finished explaining his situation when the other SS fellow appeared. A rather young man, around his early to mid 20s, Jyrki saw him getting off his car and approaching him and the Sturmbannfuhrer. He frowned as the young man exclaimed that he had to leave, obviously not having heard his conversation with the other officer. To make things worse, the young SS man had demanded to take a look at his notebook. This would not normally be a problem as he always took notes in Finnish but this time it was different. He did mention both Klein and Berliinin yliopiston (University of Berlin). And more worrying, he had written Holokausti with a bold question mark next to it. Although the first pages of his notebook were things concerning the Fuhrer's birthday celebrations he could not risk the SS man beyond the second page.

"I was explaining to your esteemed colleague here, I am the Finnish state television reporter here to cover the Fuhrer's birthday. I just arrived from Templhof International Airport, and I was not aware of any 'inciden't happening here. " he said, looking towards the SS man who was now smoking his cigarette. "I think your colleague can also confirm that I just asked him instructions on how to leave the car rental, as obviously I need to go to Berlin to continue my report." Jyrki continued, lighting the cigarette he had taken out of his case.

He ripped the first page of his notepad and gave it to the young SS man. "This is some of the things I have written down so far, most notes taken while I was still on the plane." Jyrki said, finding an opportunity to finally put his notepad in his bag with the other baggage. Hopefully this would satisfy the curiosity of the SS man and the other officer would intervene so that he could left off the hook.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse