NATION

PASSWORD

Ærworuld (Dark Medieval RP, OOC) [Ended]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Glendalia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Glendalia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Glendalia wrote:So, 'witchcraft' is verboten?
Does a vigilante just declare, "open season", or is there a royal or church over site organization?

Forbidden by taboo, yes. And after many bad experiences with Witches, the Christian Church, which is the largest unifying power in Ærworuld, has branded them enemies of God and sanctioned the hunting and killing of them.

Is there a court, or do they just weigh the suspect witch against a duck?

"She turned me into a newt!"
"A newt?"
"I got better."
Last edited by Glendalia on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Asyir wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Explain please.

A coat of plates, such as this:

Here

Or any other variation of plate mail from the 1100s.

To cut back on the amount of juggernauts traipsing around, I'm afraid I'm going to limit you down to a brigandine and visored sallet. Still heavier than most mate, but not invulnerable.
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Glendalia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Forbidden by taboo, yes. And after many bad experiences with Witches, the Christian Church, which is the largest unifying power in Ærworuld, has branded them enemies of God and sanctioned the hunting and killing of them.

Is there a court, or do they just weigh the suspect witch against a duck?

"She turned me into a newt!"
"A newt?"
"I got better."

Think a quick version of the Massachusetts Salem Witch Trials. Accusations are brought up through rumors, and investigation by a sanctioned Witchhunter is brought up, and if they find any evidence supporting the claims, off with 'er head.
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Sarejo wrote:Yes, but anything later than 1200 is not allowed. At least, not to common folk. Very basic modern technology is available to those who wish to be a "Witch", but be warned. 99% of the world will hate you and you will be ruthlessly hunted by Witchhunters such as my character.

Only basic technology? Had an idea but may need to rethink it a bit. Will try to get the app up tomorrow.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Interest.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Yes, but anything later than 1200 is not allowed. At least, not to common folk. Very basic modern technology is available to those who wish to be a "Witch", but be warned. 99% of the world will hate you and you will be ruthlessly hunted by Witchhunters such as my character.

Only basic technology? Had an idea but may need to rethink it a bit. Will try to get the app up tomorrow.

TG me about it. I'll see about what you want.
Cheers mates.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:57 pm

So what would you say is the most advanced piece of technology right now?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Morskova
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Morskova » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Working on a paper tag for later
(That German Guy who lives in NC)
National Anthem:Das Lied von der Morskovan
Motto: “Ein gekrönter Bär fürchtet keine.”(A crowned bear fears none.)
Government: Electoral Absolute Monarchy
Languages: Nordic (German), Morskoj (Russian)
Religion: Nebver and Old Gods Worship

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Vacif wrote:So what would you say is the most advanced piece of technology right now?

For the common person, no later than the 12th century.

For those with an aptitude for being different (Witches) no later than 2015*, and I reserve the right of discretion to nerf any technology I deem too overpowered.

*Projected 2030 technology. Again, at my discretion.
Last edited by Sarejo on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers mates.

Glendalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Glendalia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:19 am

Sarejo";p="26544858"is not quite descript[quote="Vacif wrote:So what would you say is the most advanced piece of technology right now?

For the common person, no later than the 12th century.

For those with an aptitude for being different (Witches) no later than 2015*, and I reserve the right of discretion to nerf any technology I deem too overpowered.

*Projected 2030 technology. Again, at my discretion.[/quote]
I think that "12th century" doesn't provide many examples of items. Here are some groups of things:

Weapons:
Metalurgy:
Transportation:
Medicine:
Agriculture:
Machinery:
Cloth-Textiles:
Construction:
Last edited by Glendalia on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:40 am

Glendalia wrote:I think that "12th century" doesn't provide many examples of items. Here are some groups of things:

Weapons:
Metalurgy:
Transportation:
Medicine:
Agriculture:
Machinery:
Cloth-Textiles:
Construction:

Anything in here that is listed before the 12th century and is not gunpowder related I will allow as "advanced medieval technology, as this is obviously not a complete list of everything they hd, just the technological developments they made.
Cheers mates.

Glendalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Glendalia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:58 am

Sarejo wrote:
Glendalia wrote:I think that "12th century" doesn't provide many examples of items. Here are some groups of things:

Weapons:
Metalurgy:
Transportation:
Medicine:
Agriculture:
Machinery:
Cloth-Textiles:
Construction:

Anything in here that is listed before the 12th century and is not gunpowder related I will allow as "advanced medieval technology, as this is obviously not a complete list of everything they hd, just the technological developments they made.

Great!

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 am

So I take it Harlot Town is the first meeting point for our PCs?
Cheers mates.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 am

Sarejo wrote:So I take it Harlot Town is the first meeting point for our PCs?

Seems like it.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Glendalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Glendalia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:05 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Sarejo wrote:So I take it Harlot Town is the first meeting point for our PCs?

Seems like it.

Well, it seemed as if there'd be work there for an apothecary-midwife.

hat and I suppose that the Church-Witchhunting community probably doesn't have a big influence there. 'Cuz you know, midwives and such were often the historical targets of witch hunts.

I don't suppose that a "revival" with Brother Gantry is in the plot? :lol:
Last edited by Glendalia on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am

Alrighty I'll have my PC go there :P
Cheers mates.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:50 pm

tagged.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Cheers mates.

Glendalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Glendalia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Sarejo wrote:The Hunt Begins is up.

Just felt a chill up Kevroyce's spine.

So, do you want me to figure out what the book is
Or would you like to?

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Glendalia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:The Hunt Begins is up.

Just felt a chill up Kevroyce's spine.

So, do you want me to figure out what the book is
Or would you like to?

Go for it.
Cheers mates.

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Tag
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Name: Ennis Tallow

Appearance:
A lanky young woman of near average height. Has a sharp, freckled face with an upturned nose, crooked grin, and emerald eyes. Her fiery hair is frizzled and unkempt. Right arm is missing, replaced instead with a old world prosthetic jury-rigged to working order, though possesses only three of the five fingers. The prosthetic is hidden by gloves and baggy clothing.

Birthplace: Scarborough

Biography (Must be at least 2 paragraphs):
Ennis does not remember much of her childhood save for the name of her home, Scarborough, a town of questionable existence. At some point the girl would wander the Badlands far to the east. It was there that she was attacked, her arm taken of her. Fate, however, was kind, and Ennis was saved by a passing wanderer. The man, and the others like him, were scavengers, connoisseurs of old world treasures, isolated from the world. They would adopt the girl as their own, teaching her and bestowing upon her a new limb to replace that which was lost.

Only a scant number of years would pass before tragedy struck. Witch-hunters descended upon them, slaughtering all with knowledge of the old world and desecrating the amassed technologies. Ennis was lucky, hiding away where none could find her, emerging only after darkness had come and all had gone silent. Mourning the loss of her adoptive family she would seek shelter in the nearby town of Vargo. Reality was unkind. Claimed a Witch, Ennis would be forced to flee, returning only briefly to her now gone home before disappearing.

Heading west, Ennis would learn much of the world, developing a hatred for Witch-Hunters and for what they stood for. Though proud to be a Witch a tremendous effort would be taken to shelter her identity less she be killed. Either through skill or dumb luck she has managed thus far, partaking of odd jobs as needed -- many of which were that of a messenger -- and living a nomadic lifestyle.

RP Examples: See Signature below.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Tag, also could I be a lost noble who wants to gain power? They wouldn't have any real power but their goal is to gain it.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Deramen wrote:Tag, also could I be a lost noble who wants to gain power? They wouldn't have any real power but their goal is to gain it.

Sure, but you're one person. I don't want any factions. I trust you because I've been in plenty RPs with you, but still.

Beiarusia wrote:Name: Ennis Tallow

Appearance:
A lanky young woman of near average height. Has a sharp, freckled face with an upturned nose, crooked grin, and emerald eyes. Her fiery hair is frizzled and unkempt. Right arm is missing, replaced instead with a old world prosthetic jury-rigged to working order, though possesses only three of the five fingers. The prosthetic is hidden by gloves and baggy clothing.

Ennis does not remember much of her childhood save for the name of her home, Scarborough, a town of questionable existence. At some point the girl would wander the Badlands far to the east. It was there that she was attacked, her arm taken of her. Fate, however, was kind, and Ennis was saved by a passing wanderer. The man, and the others like him, were scavengers, connoisseurs of old world treasures, isolated from the world. They would adopt the girl as their own, teaching her and bestowing upon her a new limb to replace that which was lost.

Only a scant number of years would pass before tragedy struck. Witch-hunters descended upon them, slaughtering all with knowledge of the old world and desecrating the amassed technologies. Ennis was lucky, hiding away where none could find her, emerging only after darkness had come and all had gone silent. Mourning the loss of her adoptive family she would seek shelter in the nearby town of Vargo. Reality was unkind. Claimed a Witch, Ennis would be forced to flee, returning only briefly to her now gone home before disappearing.

Heading west, Ennis would learn much of the world, developing a hatred for Witch-Hunters and for what they stood for. Though proud to be a Witch a tremendous effort would be taken to shelter her identity less she be killed. Either through skill or dumb luck she has managed thus far, partaking of odd jobs as needed -- many of which were that of a messenger -- and living a nomadic lifestyle.

ACCEPTED.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:Tag, also could I be a lost noble who wants to gain power? They wouldn't have any real power but their goal is to gain it.

Sure, but you're one person. I don't want any factions. I trust you because I've been in plenty RPs with you, but still.

Beiarusia wrote:Name: Ennis Tallow

Appearance:

ACCEPTED.

If by no factions you mean a massive kingdom, sign me up! :p
But seriously would a bodyguard be allowed? To "defend" the lost noble.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse