NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (OOC 4, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Infinite Justice: Beyond (OOC 4, Open)

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:41 am

In a world where the 2 universes of Marvel and DC, are all combined into one. It brings a legion of new heroes and villains to deal with. But while they're all off stopping Thanos from getting all of the Infinity Gems or making sure Darkseid doesn't get his hands on the Anti-Life Equation, who keeps the homeworld safe? Everyone is familiar with Superman, Captain America, and the likes, but they're not the only heroes. And even they can't be everywhere at once. With more and more superhumans popping up all over the world, alien invasions happening on earth regularly, and Gods just simply trying to destroy or take over the Earth for some reason, numbers are a factor, and everyone knows it. So join the numbers and be a hero! There are very little limits!

Alright. Exposition! YAY! You can create a hero. Or you will if you want to join this RP. I MIGHT allow some people to be major villains from the various universes if I see that you're an active poster and want to do it. You can have pretty much any power(s) you want. Within reason of course. But I am more than happy to let your powers grow. If you think something may be a little over the top, let me know. I am very reasonable. This is a Comic Book Roleplay. Create a character that you'd want to read about! Since it's comic book related, things also happen in "comic book time." That means you could have your character in multiple places at once, doing different arcs. So there's no rush.

You DO NOT have to be something from those two universes. You could be a freaking WH40k SpaceMarine if you can just explain how they got to the current time. Or, you could even make up your own race!

There will be majorish arcs led by me that will often change the time period. Anywhere from a few days to 10 years. HOWEVER! You DO NOT have to participate in them if you don't want to. Infinite Justice is much like a comic book in the way that not all Superheroes are at the same place at the same time. Most of the stories and fights will be ones YOU construct on your own. You can use ANY of the pre-existing characters in them or invite another player to join you. Provided you A: Don't interfere with another player unless they say it's okay, or B: Don't kill existing characters as someone else may want to use them. This is a Superhero Sandbox and there are MASSIVE universes out there for you to interact with at your leisure. Have fun!

Official IJ: Beyond Summary
(Will be updated every month or so. Maybe two. Maybe three. Actually, I'll just say that I'll update it after every major arc. Note, this summary focuses only on major arcs. Char arcs, along with AUs are not being included.)

So, the IC begins in East City, where our characters converge. Two aggressive Saiyans arrived on Earth, and caused some destruction. Then, things went offworld, in what we call the Namek arc, where the characters (some of them at least) looked for the Dragon Balls or something like that. No need to worry about Namek, our first arc wasn't very major. The next semi-major arc took place in Gotham, called the Long Night. There's my char(Elena Galadera) became Batgirl. This went on for quite a while, and not all of our chars participated, but Batman was missing and most of the new characters at the time headed there. Eventually, Gotham was swapped with chars.

The next arc was the incursions and the subsequent Secret Wars. In the incursions, other Earths from alternate universes were colliding with the IJ:B Earth. The first incursion was actually with the IJ1 Earth, allowing chars who had been in IJ1 to bring back their chars. The chars eventually discovered that the universe was ending due to a race called the Beyonders who had slain all of the cosmic and even multiversal beings. In order to survive, chars built an ark capable of withstanding the end of the universe, and when they awoke, it was on an entirely new world, Battleworld, a conglomeration of all the multiverses held together by the sheer will of Dr. Doom. Our chars investigated this new world, and soon confronted Doom, convincing him to remake everything as it was. As for rather major char developments, Valka(Star) became All-Mother of Asgard after Odin's death before the universe collapsed, and has been All-Mother and Queen of Asgard ever since.

Sometime after Secret Wars, the first RPer team was created: The Justice Queens(JQ). The Justice Queens are a group of female superheroes based in New York City. Its current members are Katie(Charm), Cora(Tomia), Valancy(Star), Kylie(Temp), Ruby(Mav) and Naja(Atria). A potential new member is Del(Silh). Honorary male members are Roy(Tomia) and Xander(Atria). Another team was also formed soon after the Justice Queens, called the Young Bloods(YB), based in Jump City. Its current members are Mars and Rocket(Tomia), Rin(Sili), Xyri(Charm), Vera(Illica), Kiris(Zark) and Elena(Star).

The next major arc was Civil War, initiated in part by the torture of Craig(Star), the U.S gov't trying to get him to build weapons that could kill supers. He escaped, told the world, and CW pretty much started. Then, when it was time for a change, the CW was basically frozen because of a new threat, the Builders, who threatened to destroy the universe. So a few of our chars went up to space along with the rest of the Avengers and a few JL members and basically had an epic time, and those who went up to space generally established themselves as saviors of the universe and among the most powerful members of the RP, including, Manifest(Silh), Hadri(Zark), Valka and Craig(Star), Xander and Naja(Atria) and Simon(Lavan).

After the Builder War, a new war immediately ensued, its first battle taking place on Asgard. The antagonists were the Xyrixima(Charm) a race of slime-beings that can absorb pretty much anything, leading to most being the size of planets. The Xyrixima were 'defeated' (more like temporarily set back) by Zaki(Charm), Valka(Star), Manifest(Silh), Katie(Charm), Cora(Tomia), Eternal Night(Zark), Otis(Atria), and also a few others whom I can't remember at the moment. The Slime War will continue at a later time.

And our most current major arc is the New God arc. Otis, an Inhuman speedster, managed to kill Darkseid with Mjolnir, lots of luck, and the Justice League. The death of Darkseid released all of his godly energy into the universe, creating many New Gods. Now, the New Gods, and the other heroes of IJ:B assembled to face Yuga Khan, the father of Darkseid who seeks the Omega Effect from Otis, being far more powerful than his son. After getting beat up by Khan for awhile, Xander gained access to the Starbrand(infinite cosmic power) and divided it among the heroes in attendance, and the tables quickly turned, Khan being thrown onto Apokoplis and now is currently being rather brutally beat up.

Typical RP etiquette: No Godmodding(without permission), No Metagaming. No in OOC arguing, I am the OP/God.
Saiyans and Kryptonians are totally okay.
ALL characters are required to have a feasible weakness.
Fun is mandatory. Beatings will continue until morale improves!
Fights between characters should be discussed OOCly or over TG before they take place. If an agreement cannot be reached, it will be taken to a poll.

Ultimate Justice: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=361899

ARCHIVE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=342639

Tvtropes Page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/R ... iteJustice

Sub Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/infinitejustice/

IC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=335292

Character App

Code: Select all
Name/Alias:

Appearance(Pics are fine, include costume if needed!):

Species:

Backstory:

Powers and Abilities:

Weaknesses:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/general-obd-terms/13-general-obd-terms/80-destructive-capacity]Destructive Capacity[/url]:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/45-speed]Speed[/url]:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/134-durability]Durability[/url]:

[url=http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/general-obd-terms/13-general-obd-terms/37-strength]Lifting Strength[/url]:

[url=http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/39-strength-2]Striking Strength[/url]:

Standard Equipment:

Intelligence:

[b]Optional stuff.[/b]

Theme song:

Random Facts about your character:

Faction App

Name:
How large is the faction in numbers:

Short description of Tech level:

Short history of the faction:

Race(s) the faction is made up of:

Custom Race App

Race name:

Race standard/average appearance:

Race Specific abilities:

Homeworld name:

Lore:

Item Application

[b]Item Name[/b]:

[b]Item Appearance[/b]:

[b]Powers and Abilities[/b]:

[b]Drawbacks[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

[b]Extra[/b]:
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:22 am, edited 25 times in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 am

I DID IT! I BECAME FIRST!

Don't forget to change the link in your sig, Atria.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 am

The Forgotten People are massive idiots for thinking a "benevolent" Darkseid is possible. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:13 am

Mavorpen wrote:The Forgotten People are massive idiots for thinking a "benevolent" Darkseid is possible. :p

True. But their prophecy was kinda right.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:The Forgotten People are massive idiots for thinking a "benevolent" Darkseid is possible. :p

Well if it wasn't right, it wouldn't really be a prophecy. It would just be the ramblings of crazy people. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 am

Mavorpen wrote:

Well if it wasn't right, it wouldn't really be a prophecy. It would just be the ramblings of crazy people. :p

But who just guesses that someone is going to kill Darkseid? Of course they were WAY off with who did it, and were also wrong about the Omega Effect. So I'm thinking they just got lucky.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 am

Mavorpen wrote:Well if it wasn't right, it wouldn't really be a prophecy. It would just be the ramblings of crazy people. :p

But who just guesses that someone is going to kill Darkseid? Of course they were WAY off with who did it, and were also wrong about the Omega Effect. So I'm thinking they just got lucky.

Eh, I don't think it was more of a guess, just a matter of hoping someone does. You have enough people who hope for the same thing and suddenly it becomes a prophecy as a way to keep them going.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:21 am

Mavorpen wrote:

Eh, I don't think it was more of a guess, just a matter of hoping someone does. You have enough people who hope for the same thing and suddenly it becomes a prophecy as a way to keep them going.

My question is, they basically told the story of Superman. The adopted and raised on a farm part. But didn't know that he was Kryptonian and that Lex was full of shit. Where did they get that info?

Either way. I just read the Batman one shot. This is gonna be good.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:23 am

Who the fuck?
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Illica Falki
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Illica Falki » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:23 am

Bonjour! New Thread! And New faction App.
Illica
Illy/Illi/Illa
Flora

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:24 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Who the fuck?

Me the fuck. That's who.

Illica Falki wrote:Bonjour! New Thread! And New faction App.

Yup! I know some people have them, and I thought "Might as well"

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:34 am

Yay new thread :p
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Illica Falki
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Illica Falki » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:40 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Who the fuck?

Me the fuck. That's who.

Illica Falki wrote:Bonjour! New Thread! And New faction App.

Yup! I know some people have them, and I thought "Might as well"

Yeah, it seems like a good idea. I might use that if I decide one of my characters will make a Faction, Like Sanford may making a Vigilante group... After I get around to finishing his intro...
Illica
Illy/Illi/Illa
Flora

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:46 am

My god, FOUR OOC's!

So anyways, how should I have Shimura and Kazuko turn into Gods, just... poof?

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Taggity tag.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

I am here.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:58 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:My god, FOUR OOC's!

So anyways, how should I have Shimura and Kazuko turn into Gods, just... poof?

Yup. We've come a long way.

Probably have them comment that something feels really weird. And then they transform.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Hm, probably gonna have Karnilla show up on Apokolips and tell Otis about how much he dun fucked up.

Baxten
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baxten » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Tag. And why only two universes and not the DBZ one, as well?
The symbolism of theUnited States of Columbia's flag can be found by clicking here

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right:
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.36

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Baxten wrote:Tag. And why only two universes and not the DBZ one, as well?

DBZ was major in the first few versions of IJ. But after so long, most of the DBZ fans either switched over to more Western-based characters or left. Now, since it's not as equal of a component as MARVEL or DC, it's not going to be majorly involved in any plot.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Age of Man has begun, huh? How do we write about them becoming Gods? Does it just descend from the heavens or something?
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:20 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Age of Man has begun, huh? How do we write about them becoming Gods? Does it just descend from the heavens or something?

However you feel it's best.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:22 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

DBZ was major in the first few versions of IJ. But after so long, most of the DBZ fans either switched over to more Western-based characters or left. Now, since it's not as equal of a component as MARVEL or DC, it's not going to be majorly involved in any plot.

I still have a DBZ character that I use, but I haven't really connected Cora to DBZ lore other than her backstory, so it doesn't really matter I suppose.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Hm, probably gonna have Karnilla show up on Apokolips and tell Otis about how much he dun fucked up.

Because he did all of that shit knowing what was going to happen. :p

The dude just wanted a sandwich!

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

Wait what? I had plans for Beerus, and I also have an Arcosian as a character!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse