NATION

PASSWORD

Spark of Civilization - Antiquity - In Character

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rule changes

All civs can choose a 2nd nativity at any time during eon 1!
No votes
Roads networks can transport food to adjacent domains even if there is no road there.
No votes
Raw labor can never be transported (Wealth and thought is counted globally and can be invested anywhere anytime, Industrial output can be transported like Food, Fossil fuels or Raw materials).
No votes
This bonus: The first Structure in every domain cost 2 Less Raw Labor or 1 less Industrial Output. Now only applies to starting domains!
No votes
In other words, only starting domains can get the free raw labor or Industrial output.
17%
Ooops, big mistake in the rules, or more like, big mistake from my part in informing everyone that moving populations into empty domains without being able to supply them with food will get them killed, and since the road networks are the only way to deliver food to another domain, some of your populations will starve to death.
33%
However, because the rules does not specify whether movement comes before food production/consumption, I'll allow pops to consume the food they need at any part of the turn, thus allowing for the populations moved after they have "eaten" (lets say they brough some food with themselves). But even then, everyone will have to rush out a road network or get some wealth production running to feed populations in underdevelopped domains.
No votes
RESOURCES can be used the same epoch they are produced. BUILDINGS can't be used the epoch they are built in. EXCEPTIONS are defensive / strength buildings.
50%

Total votes : 6

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Schwarzwald - Thirteenth/Fourteenth Era

The Royal Road was incredibly dull, despite the madcap pace Franz Joseph, the third insisted on setting. The colorful lights in the night sky had faded, the moon had returned, and all seemed to be as it once was. The only interesting thing, other than Franz Joseph’s incessant fretting about Lucía, was the newfound experience of maintaining a grip on the reins with only one unbandaged hand. To his chagrin, Ludwig had nearly fallen twice, and he could have sworn he’d seen Gisele laughing behind his hand both times. Ludwig, of course, was more obvious. The cunt. Ludwig’s offers to help, while given accepting in kindness his sister's hand, only made the wounded King laugh louder.

''I allow the compromise, after all you are my older brother. *Cough Pussycat *Cough *Cough''

Franz muttered something impolite under his breath, turning his gaze back to the road. A caravan of travelers lie ahead, and it wouldn’t do to be heard speaking about matters of the royal family, not when they were supposed to be three wandering merchants and their apprentice headed to Wasserfall in hopes of finding work. A terrible fucking idea.

Franz wasn’t quite sure why he had decided to go along with it, though the prospect of being left alone at Wasserfall surrounded by a horde of angry barbarians had probably played a part.

“Ho there, fellow travelers!” boomed the man at the head of the party before them, turning in his saddle to wave. Beside him on tired palfreys rode a few others, who likewise offered polite smiles as they approached.

“Headed south?” the man asked, looking them over with an earnest sort of enthusiasm.

“Aye. To the South like every other sod on this road, I imagine.”

Franz felt suddenly aware of his half-grip on the reins, and the uselessness of his bandaged hand.

“Us, too. Name’s Leonard, and this here’s Vance, Buford, Riper, and Edge. Forgive Edge, she doesn’t speak much. Shy lass, isn’t she?”

One of the girls blushed atop her pony. There were two women in the company, both near the end of their youth, if Franz had to guess. The two smaller men, Vance and Buford, looked like craftsmen of some kind but Leonard was more sturdily built, a leather jerkin squeezed over hairy chest and arms, a shock of black hair on his head.

“If you’re looking for work like we are, no doubt there will be lords in the South with coin enough to hire a few good men. Women, too,” he added, when one of the girls cleared her throat loudly.

“That’s the plan.”

Franz Joseph ''Blackheart'' von Recklinghausen was shifting impatiently, Ludwig ''The demon's groom'' von Recklinghausen stared at the two women curiously, and Edward ''the Silent Blade'' von Recklinghausen remained as silent as ever.

“Well, may the road treat you kindly in these interesting times,” Franz offered, spurring his horse.

“Wait! What would you say to joining us? The roads these days aren’t secure, what with everyone traveling to the South. Thieves prey upon the unsuspecting, and there’s safety in numbers. Doubt anyone would bother us with the likes of him around. Vance fought for the Emperor a few years back and Buford here knows how to swing an axe for firewood, but I’m afraid I’m utterly useless. Gentle giant, you see.” He gestured almost apologetically to himself.

“We’re rather in a rush.” Franz kept glancing to the road ahead.

“As are we. These ponies may look old, but they’re fast enough. We’ve been making great time.”

“The truth is,” Leonard said, lowering his voice, “I’m not entirely certain I’d be able to defend the likes of them. Edge and Piper, I mean. I count on people mistaking my size for strength, but… Well, highwaymen have gotten bolder, they say. If they were to test my threats, they’d find me a useless, quivering sack of shit.”

Franz sighed. Well, if I’m going in for this defending the innocent business. Fuck.

“Might as well,” he said. “Strength in numbers, eh?”

They were nine in all, then. Seated around a fire that night, Franz learned that the two smaller men were carpenters and the women seamstresses. Leonard professed to have taught them each their trades himself, and the five used to be in the employ of a traveling group of mummers, building sets and stitching costumes until the leader of the company decided to take their productions across the south domain.

“Wasserfall is our home,” Leonard explained. “There’s nothing for us on the northern shores. We’re better off here, finding work with another troupe. Hells, we have half of one already, only need the actors. Besides, travel by rivers is dangerous.”

“What sorts of plays do you do?” Ludwig asked. He held his tin cup of broth in two hands, peering over its rim at the strangers as though they were the most interesting people alive. “Any about knights?”

“Knights, kings, gods, dragons, you name it. We did one a few months back about the womanizer Emperor's life. Piper here got to play the beautiful and cuckolded princess when the real girl got the runs. She did a fantastic job, I’ve always said you should act, Piper. Leave the costuming to Edge.”

“This is going to be unbearable,” Franz complained to Ludwig later, when they were unraveling their bedrolls beneath a canopy of pines. “That man talks too much.”

Ludwig laughed aloud. “Not nearly as much as you.”

After three days of listening to Ludwig rehearse a truly terrible speech (plus a few more poorly thought out lies) and learning several increasingly unpleasant new nicknames, their caravan reached a lake. With no luck fishing, their use of it soon turned leisurely, and He found a shady place beneath a copse of aspens from which he could watch Ludwig and - Vance, was it? - attempt to teach Edward to swim. He picked idly at the bandages on his hand, his back against the smooth bark of a tree trunk, and had just started to nod off when a voice called out to him. He glanced up. Edge was standing not ten feet away, hands clasped in front of her. She was smiling at him, which was a significant improvement over anything he’d seen on Ludwig’s face of late. Though, to be fair, Edge was generally an improvement over Ludwig, visually.

“Your hand. What happened to it?”

“I fought a bear in single combat over the fairest maiden in the realm. It was rather dramatic.”

Edge smiled wider and took a step closer.

“And that long scar near your eye?”

“An old battle against a giant to gain the knowledge of all things. As you do.”

“Can I see it?” She nodded at his bandaged hand, and Ben extended it tentatively.

Edge knelt beside him and unraveled the bandages slowly and carefully, her gaze flitting from her work to his face, watching his reaction, perhaps looking to see if he flinched. Under the linens, new skin gleamed bright where it stretched over the stumps of Franz’s last two fingers. A long scar inched its way across his palm, ending just before the base of his thumb. She ran her fingers gently over the line.

“Does it hurt?”

“Oh, constantly. Like a fire or something. Poetic, like that.”

Edge laughed lightly.

“Here, I have something that might help.” She adjusted her skirts and then slipped a hand into one of the many folds of the fabric.

“Got a lot of pockets,” Franz observed.

“I’ve got a lot of things.” Her smile never wavered. “This is water dropwort,” she explained, “but you you might know it as-”

“Hemlock.” He’d seen it before. His mother ''The white witch'' had once shown him how to crush the leaves, roots, and seeds of the plant into a paste for treating everything from a skin irritation to a bladder infection.

“It kills the bad things good and dead,” she’d said, grinning as she dabbed at his bruised knee. She’d wiped away his tears and he’d laughed, Franz remembered. “Of course, keep it away from your mouth or it’ll get you too! Does knowledge of medicinal plants come in handy in the theatre?” He asked.

Edge dabbed his hand with the substance, and it stung.

“The theatre? No. The road? Yes.”

“I suppose you spend a lot of time on it.”

“Aye.”

“And it treats you well?”

She shrugged. “It has its ups and downs. I like seeing new places, but it’s hard to keep friends, you know, when you’re always disappearing.
There. Much better...” She stood, and looked down at him with a smile that reminded Franz of someone long dead. “Was it worth it?” she asked, pointing to her own eye. “Knowledge of all things? You look like a pirate or a burglar with that scarred face.”

“A beautiful burglar who is going to steal your heart…”

Edge smiled. “Personally,” she said, “You need to put more effort into it, Mr. Burglar. I'm not an easy girl. If you may excuse me.”

Franz watched her go. Suddenly the journey to the South was not quite so dull.

Schwarzwald

8 Population work in Agriculture, produce 10 Food, +1 from Chinampas, +1 from hunting.
2 Population working to obtain IO for ports (2/2).
1 Population in the shrine produce 1 Knowledge towards Mysticism (2/5).
1 Population has been created with food surplus.
2 Hovels.

---_---

8 Population work in Agriculture, produce 10 Food, +1 from Chinampas, +1 from hunting.
3 Population working to build a port (3/3).
1 Population in the shrine produce 1 Knowledge towards Mysticism (4/5).
2 Hovels.

Wasserfall

1 Population work in Agriculture, Produce 2 Food.

---_---

2 Population work in Agriculture, Produce 3 Food.
Last edited by Cuprum on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Epoch 1
4 population makes 6 food
2 farms make 1 food
1 person mines raw resource
1 person builds shrine

_____
Epoch 2
4 people make 6 food
1 person goes east to colonize
1 person creates 1 thought at shrine (1/5) sailing
Free road built
_____
Epoch 3
4 people make 6 food
Colonization 1/3
1 person created 1 thought at shrine (2/5)

_____
Epoch 4
4 people make 6 food
Colonization 2/3
1 person creates 1 thought at shrine (3/5)

_____
Epoch 5
4 people create 6 food
Colonization 3/3 complete
1 person creates 1 thought at shrine (4/5)

_____
Epoch 6
Dokiwi
4 people create 6 food
1 person creates 1 thought at shrine (5/5 complete sailing)
Free dock created

Julien
Free Dock created
1 person begins work on hovel 1/2 raw labour

______
Epoch 7
Dokiwi
2 people create 3 food
1 person mines 1 raw resource
Dock produces 1 food
2 farms produce 1 food
1 person produces thought at shrine (1/5) metal casting)
1 person sent to Julien

Julien
Dock produces 1 food
1 person produces 1 Io for weapons workshop

______
Epoch 8
Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produced 1 food
1 person produced 1 thought to metal casting (2/5)
1 population builds hovel (1/2)

Julien
1 person builds hovel (2/2)
1 person builds hovel (1/2)
Dock produces 1 food

______
Epoch 9
Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produced 1 food
1 person builds hovel (2/2)
1 person provides thought to metal casting (3/5)

Julien
Dock produces 1 food
1 person finishes hovel
1 person builds manufactory (1/3)

_____
Epoch 10
Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produced 1 food
1 person starts hovel
1 person produces 1 thought for metal casting (4/5)

Julien
2 people builds farm (3/3)

______
Epoch 11
Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produces 1 food
1 person finishes hovel
1 person produces 1 thought at shrine (5/5) metal casting

Julien
1 population build farm (1/1)
1 population goes to Dokiwi
Dock produces 1 food

Overall Development:
Population: 6
Inhabited Hovels: 4
Dock:2
Shrine: 1

______
Epoch 12

Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produces 1 food
1 person produces 1 thought at shrine (1/5 masonry)
2 person builds hovel (2/2)

Julian
Dock produces 1 food
1 population produces 1 raw resource

_______
Epoch 13
Dokiwi
2 people produce 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produced 1 food
1 person produce 1 thought at shrine (2/5 masonry)
2 person build hovel.

Julian
Dock produced 1 food
1 population builds granary 0/3 RL 1/1 IO

Total Buildings:
1 shrine
2 ports
2 dirt roads
1 weapons workshop
6 houses

Total development: 3+2+1= 6
______

Epoch 14
Dokiwi
2 people produced 3 food
2 farms produce 1 food
Dock produced 1 food
1 population produce 3 thought at shrine ( 5/5 masonry)
1 population goes to Julien
1 population sent west to contact harkback)

Julian
1 population builds granary (1/3 rl)

Buildings total:
Hovels: 6
Port: 2
Shrine: 1
Farm: 3
Weapons manufactory: 1
Dirt roads: 2
Manufactory
Total development: 1+2+3=6

Totals:
Population: 6
Food: 0
Raw resources: 0
Wealth: 1
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse