NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:10 am

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
If you had a unified Hansa, I'd be that, because Hansa is basically Lunas-bait, but since there isn't, I'll need to look through the roster and map fully.

U wot 8. Hansa is my middle name.

Hey Jon, you what?

Maybe you want to play a round of "Destroy a Russia"?
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:11 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:U wot 8. Hansa is my middle name.

Hey Jon, you what?

I would rather that you don't, lol, and as a great power, I would need a more complete app from you ;)
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:23 am

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Hey Jon, you what?

I would rather that you don't, lol, and as a great power, I would need a more complete app from you ;)

I didn't expand much because the infomation will be subject to change.

Russia will be destroyed. Or at least, that's the plan.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 am

Finland SSR wrote:

It won't be destroyed by you without a complete app, and I would much prefer that you did not attempt to destroy a nation for the sake of destroying a nation.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:27 am

Finland SSR wrote:I didn't expand much because the infomation will be subject to change.

It won't be destroyed by you without a complete app, and I would much prefer that you did not attempt to destroy a nation for the sake of destroying a nation.

I dunno, that app looks complete enough to me. I'll add stuff tomorrow.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:42 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:U wot 8. Hansa is my middle name.

Hey Jon, you what?

A round of "Destroy a Russia"? Sounds like a rather fun game.... How do I play?
Finland SSR wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Finland SSR wrote:I didn't expand much because the infomation will be subject to change.

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Reservation

Name of the State: Königreich Preussen
Area to be reserved: 29
Code: 635

I have been given information that this is, in fact, availabe.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:43 am

Would Egypt be a Great Power or a High Secondary Power?
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Sveltlana wrote:
Application

Name: The Second Mexican Empire
Symbols: Flag, Arms, Anthem
Claims: 73
Power: Secondary

Government Structure: Unitary Constitutional Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Christian (Catholic) Monarchy, Conservatism, Economic Interventionism
Leaders: Emperor Maximiliano I de Habsurgo
Capital City: México

Population: ca. 7.300.000
Primary Ethnic Group: Mestizo
Minority Ethnic Groups: Nahuatl, Iberian, Mayan; Many other native cultures.
Description of Ethnicity: Mestizos are the product of the matrimony of the Spanish or European ethnicity and the native populations of what is currently Mexico.
Language: Spanish
Religion: Catholicism

Foreign Relations: Allied with France, good ties with Austria and Belgium. Bad relationship (terrible) with USCA. Conflict with the Northern indian tribes (they often raid Mexican holdings).
Military Information: Mexico holds a large territory, and as such, its army is comprised in three different formations: an elite core of Guards to be stationed at important urban centres, a large number of regular infantry to be located at strategic points or important thoroughfares, and a large number of irregular infantry based around the wild frontiers of the nation. The army receives the bulk of the military funding; the navy is critically undermanned and underfunded.
Army Size: ca. 140,000 men in total. Around 20,000 are elite Guards, the core of the army. 40,000 are regular infantry. The remainder are largely disorganised guerillas.
Navy Size: Quite small. The navy operates three frigates, with the European-built El Sagrado Tridente as its flagship. It also operates a few dozen Sloops and Brigs.

Economic Policy: Interventionism
Economic Situation: Mexico's economy is based around two focal areas: mining and farming. From the mines of Guanajuato and Zacatecas, hoards of silver are extracted which provide ample cash reserves for the government, which has recently gone into debt spending on lavish public projects spurred by the young emperor. From the large hacendado farms, Cacao (chocolate), Coffee, and other local plants are grown and cultivated for export to Europe and Columbia. This also produces some money. Nevertheless, the absence of large and productive foodstuff farms has led the country to import large amounts of food to feed its growing population.
Infrastructure: Important urban centres are linked by roads in good state. Given the size of the nation, other roads are usually in a worse condition, if they are in good repair at all. Most roads in the country, of course, are in such a state.
Imports & Exports: Imports: refined products, foodstuffs; Exports: Silver, Coffee, Cacao, and other local goods.
Currency: The Mexican Peso (Peso mexicano)

History:
Miscellaneous:
RP Example:

Viva Massimiliano di Absburgo!
The real guy the best guy,
e

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Application

Name: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland | Great Britain | Britannia | The UK
Symbols:
The Flag
CoA
Britannia and her Lion
Claims: 1 :P
Power: You described it as a 'hyper power'

Government Structure: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy.
Ideology/Policy: Imperialism, Colonialism, Constitutional Monarchism, Liberalism,
Leaders:
William IV, King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Prime Minister William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne. (Whig)
Capital City: London.

Population:
16,970,000 for the England, Wales, Scotland,
7,890,000 for Ireland.
257,000,000 ~ for India.
311,700 for Jamaica
22,000 for Belize
16,000 for the Bahamas.
17,000 for Gibraltar.
Texas - 90,000 ~
South Africa -132,000
British Columbia and whatnot - I have no idea.
East Timor - No clue
New Zealand - Like, five people?

Currently sitting at: 282,432,700.
Primary Ethnic Group: Anglo-Saxon Britishers. :P
Minority Ethnic Groups: Scots, Irish, Welsh, Afrikaners, Marathan and other Indian Subcontinent Groups, native peoples of Africa, New Zealand and the various islands in possession of the British. Native peoples of Canada.
Description of Ethnicity: White Anglo-Saxon Protestants :P Everything else, there's no point in mentioning. The British maintain a stiff upper lip in terms of their cultural ties. 'Being British is what has made us the powers we are, lads!' 'Continentals don't know how to have a functioning navy nor can they cook a half decent pie!'
Language: English. The only official language.
Religion: The official religion is Anglicanism. Various other Protestant groups are found across the Empire, as is Roman Catholicism. The religion with the most adherents is Hinduism, due to India, and Islam and various other Eastern Religions can be found in the area as well. Some native faiths across the settling of New Zealand and the island of East Timor.

Foreign Relations: Britain hates everyone. Everyone is shit in comparison to Britain. The only semi-decent nation in the world is probably Belgium. Regardless, Britain likes the Prussians, the Netherlands (But doesn't like Boers) and the Nordic Peoples and holds a great disdain for everything with an Eagle on their Flag (1v1 me, shitty German states. Except Prussia, love you bby <3) and anything that rhymes with 'shit-beria'. They also hold a great disdain for upstart Asian Nations that think they can be relevant on the world stage. Britannia laughs, then sets the lion to maul the corpse.
Military Information: The Royal Navy is the greatest navy in the world. Pax Britannia and all that jazz. The British Army is well equipped and trained, used mainly for home defence but can embark on colonial wars all the well. Her marines are some of the best in the world and operate in tandem with the Royal Navy.
Army Size: British Army: 100,000 men of excellent quality and training. British Indian Army: 1,750,000 men. Of a substantially lower quality than their English counterparts, but they are all equipped and drilled by officers of Britain.
Navy Size:
12 120 Gun First Rates.
5 110 Gun First Rates
9 100/104 Gun First Rates.
5 98 Gun Second Rates.
3 90 Gun Second Rates.
11 84 Gun Second Rates.
5 80 Gun Third Rates.
48 74 gun Third Rates.
1 70 Gun Third Rate.
6 50 Gun Fourth Rates.
48 9-pounder Frigates.
24 12-pounder Frigates.
61 18-pounder Frigates.
12 24-pounder Frigates.
16 32-pounder Frigates.
26 Corvettes.
18 Ship-Rigged Sloops
21 Brig-Rigged Sloops
8 Paddle Driven Sloops. Steam Vessels.

Economic Policy: Currently sitting at mercantilism.
Economic Situation: The economic situation in the Empire is actually quite fantastic. Britain is 'the workshop of the world' and has fully embraced the ideals of the industrial revolution. Her goods are plentiful and powerful with India at the heart of her Empire. Efficient administration and taxation systems provide great income from across her colonies and, in the case of India, allow for the upkeep of the Indian Army of the East India Company.
Infrastructure: Railways have just become the new 'fad' in Britain, with the government expecting to donate a healthy section of their interest into the continuing development of the laying of rails across the isles. Regardless, Britain herself maintains a very good road system along with a canal system. The colonies in New Zealand and Canada also have this high quality attention to infrastructure, but the other colonies begin an increasing decline in this. As an example, only India's most important coastal settlements are even given attention to by the Company Rule of India.
Imports & Exports: Britain exports industrial goods to the world, as well as goods from India, tea and opium. Britain herself imports goods from China such as silk and other commodities that are found in that land. Food, too.
Currency: The Pound.

History: Following the Act of Union in 1707 England and Scotland joined as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. This nation was a mighty naval power and immediately set off to continue the efforts against the French and Spanish in putting an Bourbon on the throne of the latter. They invaded Brazil - Portugal having fallen as a member of the Iberian Federation - and managed to swiftly and quickly take the coastal settlements. In the peace settlement with the French and their allies later, Britain gained this piece of land as well as a part of Texas from the Iberians. A period of Anglicisation occurred and slowly but surely the Portuguese culture became English as migration was encouraged.

Under Prime Minister Lloyd Thetch Britain declared war on Iberia yet again in the late 1750s, in which the British landed and took over Uruguay. This costly war in the Southern American Continent left part of the British treasury empty and in the hopes of refilling it to suitable levels increased taxation amongst the loyal colonies of Columbia. This was met with resistance and so a revolutionary war occurred. France and Iberia made Britain fight a global war and so Britain ended up losing what could have been argued as her most profitable colonies. Brazil was soon to follow. However, Britain maintained its dominance in India and managed to colonise the northern isle of what is nowadays New Zealand.

Following the industrial revolution, Britain has become the wealthiest, most industrialised and most powerful nation on the planet.
Miscellaneous:
RP Example: Top lel.

Better, Columbia?
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Application

Name: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland | Great Britain | Britannia | The UK
Symbols:
The Flag
CoA
Britannia and her Lion

Ideology/Policy: Imperialism, Colonialism, Constitutional Monarchism, Liberalism,
Leaders:

Population:
7,890,000 for Ireland.
257,000,000 ~ for India.
311,700 for Jamaica
22,000 for Belize
16,000 for the Bahamas.
17,000 for Gibraltar.
Texas - 90,000 ~
South Africa -132,000
East Timor - No clue

Minority Ethnic Groups: Scots, Irish, Welsh, Afrikaners, Marathan and other Indian Subcontinent Groups, native peoples of Africa, New Zealand and the various islands in possession of the British. Native peoples of Canada.
Description of Ethnicity: White Anglo-Saxon Protestants :P Everything else, there's no point in mentioning. The British maintain a stiff upper lip in terms of their cultural ties. 'Being British is what has made us the powers we are, lads!' 'Continentals don't know how to have a functioning navy nor can they cook a half decent pie!'
Religion: The official religion is Anglicanism. Various other Protestant groups are found across the Empire, as is Roman Catholicism. The religion with the most adherents is Hinduism, due to India, and Islam and various other Eastern Religions can be found in the area as well. Some native faiths across the settling of New Zealand and the island of East Timor.

Foreign Relations: Britain hates everyone. Everyone is shit in comparison to Britain. The only semi-decent nation in the world is probably Belgium. Regardless, Britain likes the Prussians, the Netherlands (But doesn't like Boers) and the Nordic Peoples and holds a great disdain for everything with an Eagle on their Flag (1v1 me, shitty German states. Except Prussia, love you bby <3) and anything that rhymes with 'shit-beria'. They also hold a great disdain for upstart Asian Nations that think they can be relevant on the world stage. Britannia laughs, then sets the lion to maul the corpse.
Military Information: The Royal Navy is the greatest navy in the world. Pax Britannia and all that jazz. The British Army is well equipped and trained, used mainly for home defence but can embark on colonial wars all the well. Her marines are some of the best in the world and operate in tandem with the Royal Navy.
Army Size: British Army: 100,000 men of excellent quality and training. British Indian Army: 1,750,000 men. Of a substantially lower quality than their English counterparts, but they are all equipped and drilled by officers of Britain.
Navy Size:
12 120 Gun First Rates.
5 110 Gun First Rates
5 98 Gun Second Rates.
3 90 Gun Second Rates.
11 84 Gun Second Rates.
5 80 Gun Third Rates.
48 74 gun Third Rates.
1 70 Gun Third Rate.
6 50 Gun Fourth Rates.
48 9-pounder Frigates.
24 12-pounder Frigates.
61 18-pounder Frigates.
12 24-pounder Frigates.
16 32-pounder Frigates.
26 Corvettes.
18 Ship-Rigged Sloops
21 Brig-Rigged Sloops

Economic Situation: The economic situation in the Empire is actually quite fantastic. Britain is 'the workshop of the world' and has fully embraced the ideals of the industrial revolution. Her goods are plentiful and powerful with India at the heart of her Empire. Efficient administration and taxation systems provide great income from across her colonies and, in the case of India, allow for the upkeep of the Indian Army of the East India Company.
Infrastructure: Railways have just become the new 'fad' in Britain, with the government expecting to donate a healthy section of their interest into the continuing development of the laying of rails across the isles. Regardless, Britain herself maintains a very good road system along with a canal system. The colonies in New Zealand and Canada also have this high quality attention to infrastructure, but the other colonies begin an increasing decline in this. As an example, only India's most important coastal settlements are even given attention to by the Company Rule of India.
Imports & Exports: Britain exports industrial goods to the world, as well as goods from India, tea and opium. Britain herself imports goods from China such as silk and other commodities that are found in that land. Food, too.

History: Virtually the same in principle. Settles Brazil (After taking it from Iberia) instead of Canada, but loses Brazil akin to the American Revolution. Columbian Revolution Occurs due to the 'Six Years War' with Iberia in South America, which leads to the capture of British Uruguay and Texas from the Iberians further north. The Brits see it as their opportunity to begin taxing the colonials for more money, end up inciting them into a rebellion. #whoops. Aside from that odd divergence (And the obvious inability to colonise Australia and the southern isle of New Zealand) all the rest has remained the same.
Miscellaneous:

Britain, would you want to dig the Suez Canal and control Port Said at the mouth in return for a military alliance with the Mamluk Empire?
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Elepis wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:
Application

Symbols:
The Flag
CoA
Britannia and her Lion

Leaders:

Population:
7,890,000 for Ireland.
257,000,000 ~ for India.
311,700 for Jamaica
22,000 for Belize
16,000 for the Bahamas.
17,000 for Gibraltar.
Texas - 90,000 ~
South Africa -132,000
East Timor - No clue

Navy Size:
12 120 Gun First Rates.
5 110 Gun First Rates
5 98 Gun Second Rates.
3 90 Gun Second Rates.
11 84 Gun Second Rates.
5 80 Gun Third Rates.
48 74 gun Third Rates.
1 70 Gun Third Rate.
6 50 Gun Fourth Rates.
48 9-pounder Frigates.
24 12-pounder Frigates.
61 18-pounder Frigates.
12 24-pounder Frigates.
16 32-pounder Frigates.
26 Corvettes.
18 Ship-Rigged Sloops
21 Brig-Rigged Sloops

History: Virtually the same in principle. Settles Brazil (After taking it from Iberia) instead of Canada, but loses Brazil akin to the American Revolution. Columbian Revolution Occurs due to the 'Six Years War' with Iberia in South America, which leads to the capture of British Uruguay and Texas from the Iberians further north. The Brits see it as their opportunity to begin taxing the colonials for more money, end up inciting them into a rebellion. #whoops. Aside from that odd divergence (And the obvious inability to colonise Australia and the southern isle of New Zealand) all the rest has remained the same.
Miscellaneous:

Britain, would you want to dig the Suez Canal and control Port Said at the mouth in return for a military alliance with the Mamluk Empire?

I could alternatively gun boat diplomacy you into submission.

Decisions...
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Elepis wrote:

I could alternatively gun boat diplomacy you into submission.

Decisions...

Were not that weak (we are the most powerful country in the Middle East and Eastern Med), and besides, why lose loads of men and ships for something you can get for signing a defensive alliance?

if you don't like it I could offer it to the French? :p

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 pm

French gib Louisiana to Columbia. I pay gud price I promiz

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Elepis wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:I could alternatively gun boat diplomacy you into submission.

Decisions...

Were not that weak (we are the most powerful country in the Middle East and Eastern Med), and besides, why lose loads of men and ships for something you can get for signing a defensive alliance?

Britain is not easily deterred by your claims, Mamluke.

Offer it to the descendants of Bonaparte, Britain will abide and watch and strike when it suits us :P

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Elepis wrote:

Britain is not easily deterred by your claims, Mamluke.

Offer it to the descendants of Bonaparte, Britain will abide and watch and strike when it suits us :P

Hang on, aren't you meant to be all splendid and isolationist? :p

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:02 pm

Elepis wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Britain is not easily deterred by your claims, Mamluke.

Nah.
I've got a world to plant my flag on. :P

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Elepis wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Britain is not easily deterred by your claims, Mamluke.

That's 1890s UK.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Application

Name: The Hesperian Union
Symbols:

Claims: 74
Power: Regional/Secondary Power

Government Structure: Constitutional Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Liberal Monarchism, Nationalism, Expansionism, Industrialization
Leaders: King João Aviz, Prime Minister Teixeira de Palmela
Capital City: Cidade de Novos Começos, usually shortened to Novos Começos, which is built in the same area as OTL Charleston.

Population: 3,703,332
Primary Ethnic Group: Hesperian
Minority Ethnic Groups: Afro-Hesperian, Native American
Description of Ethnicity: Portuguese + Native American
Language: Portuguese
Religion: Catholicism, but not extremely fervent.

Foreign Relations:
Pro: France, England, Columbia
Anti: Iberia
Neutral: Everyone else.
Military Information:
Army Size: 30,000 mans, 5,000 horses, 900 cannons total.

Exército das províncias do norte -

Garrisoned in Costa Norte and Montanhas Norte (OTL Virginia and Tennessee), 10,000 men, 2,000 horses, 300 cannon are detailed to them. Mostly see combat against local belligerent groups of Native Americans and the occasional rebel group. Have average standards of recruitment and can be considered "average" when compared to other nation's forces.

Exército Real-

Garrisoned in Terras Reais, Terra de Joao, and Terras Real Norte (OTL South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina), 10,000 men, 1,000 horses, 300 cannon are detailed to them. This army get the fancy dress uniforms and performs ceremonial duties, but is considered the "easiest" of posts to hold, as they are rarely called upon to act outside of ceremonies.

Exército das províncias ocidentais-

Garrisoned in the Western Provinces, this Army is detailed 10,000 men, 2,000 horses, and 300 cannon. They can be considered the most active of the groups, as the Western provinces are still being settled by Hesperians, a situation that the local Native Americans are not happy about in the least. Involved in territorial disputes with tribes that resort to violence, protecting settler's homesteads, and keeping the peace on the frontiers.

Navy Size: 35 ships, split into two fleets:

Real Frota do Atlântico Norte-
2 Ship 'o the Line
5 Frigate
8 Sloop o' War

Real Frota do Caribe-
2 Ship 'o the Line
8 Frigate
10 Sloop o' War

Economic Policy: Economic policy is driven mostly by the Crown, who has tried to incentivized the building of textile mills and the building of industry other than agriculture through direct subsidies. Most revenue is derived from export tariffs and taxation on commerce, with only a minority coming from direct taxes on person income or property.
Economic Situation: The Union currently sustains itself off of a very healthy plantation economy. The plantations produce cash crops for export or grain for consumption, using the sharecropper system after the end of indentured servitude and slavery under Edward II. Most manufactured goods are either produced by local artisans and craftsmen or are imported from the more industrialized powers of Europe.
Infrastructure: Paths are cleared and maintained, though few are paved to any extent outside of the larger cities.
Imports & Exports: Imports industrial and manufactured goods, exports cotton, tobacco, and other cash crops.
Currency: Hesperian Peso

History:
1580: King Henry of Portugal dies, leaving behind a vacant throne with three claimants, Infante Catarina, Antonio of Crato, and Phillp II of Spain. The Spanish monarch was quick to press his claim on the Portuguese crown, and won quite handily, though he did not manage to capture the dethroned King Antonio.
1581: After a harsh voyage, Antonio and his retinue make landfall in what would become Novos Começos, settling the immediate area and sending word back to those in Lisbon who still supported Antonio that they could leave for the New World safely.
1585: Antonio dies of syphilis, and leaves the colony to his son, Joao. By this time, the colony had grown beyond the original bounds of Novos Começos. The Hesperian colony had spread out to take advantage of the fertile soil of the New World.
1600: Twentieth anniversary of the settlement of Novos Começos, census conducted found that around 1,000 settlers now lived in the colony, in addition to another 1000 "civilized natives," and 250 African slaves.
1650: Joao dies of fever, his son Henry inherits the "throne" of Hesperia, and the census conducted found that around 2,500 settlers now lived in the colony and held most of Terras Reais as their own, though most still live along the coast.
1660:A brief war with the Creek sees Terra de Joao claimed by Hesperia.
1704: Henry dies, his son also named Henry inherits. Hesperia had grown tremendously, adding Terras Real Norte in addition to Terra de Joao.
1725: A wave of Portuguese immigration begins from Iberia.
1743: Immigration wave ends and due to the large surplus workforce slavery and indentured servitude end, and are replaced by a system where plantation workers plant and work the fields in exchange for a share of crop.
1780: Two century anniversary of the now emerging Union.
1790: Death of Henry II, addition of Costa Norte, Montanhas Norte into the Union as provinces.
1800: Another wave of immigration, and the Western Provinces are added into the Union officially.
1835: Immigration wave subsides, and we reach the current date.

Miscellaneous: no
RP Example: ye
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Elepis wrote:

That's 1890s UK.

This is the new?

On other notes, any progress on a nation choice :P?
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
That's 1890s UK.

This is the new?

On other notes, any progress on a nation choice :P?

Nope. Normally takes me a while, plus mid 1800s isn't my favourite area of history.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 pm

i pay good price for louisiana + arkansas, pls gib franci
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:i pay good price for louisiana + arkansas, pls gib franci

I'll pay more than he will :P

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Application

Name: The Hesperian Union
Symbols:

Claims: 74
Power: Regional/Secondary Power

Government Structure: Constitutional Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Liberal Monarchism, Nationalism, Expansionism, Industrialization
Leaders: King João Aviz, Prime Minister Teixeira de Palmela
Capital City: Cidade de Novos Começos, usually shortened to Novos Começos, which is built in the same area as OTL Charleston

Population: 9,103,332
Primary Ethnic Group: Hesperian
Minority Ethnic Groups: Native American
Description of Ethnicity: Portuguese + Native American
Language: Portuguese
Religion: Catholicism, but not extremely fervent.

Foreign Relations:
Pro: France, England, Columbia
Anti: Iberia
Neutral: Everyone else.
Military Information: The Union's army is composed of mostly light infantry and cavalry, following a synthesis of Native and Portuguese tactics. Officer corps is meritocratic in principle, but military school costs money that most families do not have. The fleet is the pride of the nation, and draws from a long history of Portuguese naval excellence.
Army Size: 45,000 mans, 15,000 horses, 3,000 cannons
Navy Size: 55 ships

Economic Policy: Industrialization.
Economic Situation: The Union currently sustains itself off of a very healthy plantation economy, but is transitioning into an industrial economy based off of textiles.
Infrastructure: Paths are cleared and maintained.
Imports & Exports: Imports industrial and manufactured goods, exports cotton, tobacco, and other cash crops.
Currency: Hesperian Peso

History: Was founded after the whole Iberian fiasco. The crown evacuated to the Union after the fall of Lisbon, and slowly expanded across the southern portion of America.
Miscellaneous: no
RP Example: no

Few things, an rp sample is compulsary save for those who I have seen in the IC in previous rps. Second, generally you should tone down your nation a bit. Rl Brazil had a population of around 5-6 million at this time, and the american south had a population 3,800,000 roughly in the areas you have. Your history also needs more expansion. Infrastructure, economic situation and economic situation also need expansion. I am uncertain if industrialization is an economic policy. The military also needs more specifics, including ship types and numbers mostly.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:i pay good price for louisiana + arkansas, pls gib franci

I'll pay more than he will :P

I'll gib trade access through New Orleans free of tariff. And monies for the West Bank of the Mississippi.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Surprise!

Application

Name: Königreich Preussen
Symbols: Eagles, Pickelhaube, The flag which means that you can't just claim this land for Britain, The Coat of Arms
Claims: Prussia (29), Probably lays claim to the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and -Hechingen held by Switzerland and Neuchatel held by France - if I can have those remain historical until not too long ago. Also, it probably should have Eupen-Malmedy that is not a province on the damn V2 map.
Power:Great Power! Sadly lacks a global clout or power projection

Government Structure: Absolute and Unitary Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Conservatism/Old Order, Concert of Europe, (Pan-Germanism, officially I'm not sure yet to what extent), sprinkled with Imperialism
Leaders: King Friedrich Wilhelm the third of his name, the count of Lottum as Prime Minister.
Capital City: Berlin

Population: 13,000,000 give or take some
Primary Ethnic Group: Germans
Minority Ethnic Groups: Flemish, Polish, French, Dutch, Frisian, Walloon, Jewish, Sorbian, Masurian
Description of Ethnicity: Germans are known to be abnormally fond of wörk and doing so at inhuman efficiency (but less than even less human swiss efficiency), of drinking beer in maßes (Badumm-ts), and eating Sauerkraut. They also are a warlike folk and amongst them foremost the Prussians.
Language: Deutsch
Religion: Mostly Protestant(mainly Lutheran), many Catholics, some Jews.

Foreign Relations: Allied to Britain since the Diplomatic Revolution, in a love-hate relationship with Austro-Bavaria for dominion of Germany, probably on moderate terms with Russia
Military Information: Awesome as fuck army. Famed discipline and quality in the armies, supposedly the best army downtime of Sparta. Also, they use the awesome Dreyse Needle gun (historically developed in 1836 and adopted into service earlier than OTL), which basically is WunderwaffeTM 1800s Edition. Prussia has been at times called an army with a state. A mixed system of universal conscriptions with service in reserves and a professional backbone is used.
Army Size: 195,000 regulars; 204,750 Landwehr. There's also technically the Landsturm which can call up any Prussian military-capable males between 17 and 45 who are not currently in either of the former.
Navy Size: Mostly irrelevant EDIT: Two Gunboats and 6 sloops should be the specific /EDIT

Economic Policy: Free trade and support for industrialization
Economic Situation: Germany, and Prussia within it, to word things simply, is currently undergoing a rather rapid process of industrialization in attempt to catch up to Britain and France. The first railways have been constructed in the last few years, the Zollverein has started removing economic barriers within the German states, all in all a period that will hopefully be prosperous and lead to much growth.
Infrastructure: A few railways on some central lines exist, otherwise there are rather fine and intact roads, with some rivers also being in use for transport of cargo and people.
Imports & Exports: Imports... raw materials mostly, I believe. To an extent trains as well. Exports coal, Iron, and steel, possibly a bit of machinery, probably weapons.
Currency: (Prussian) Thaler

History: Considering OTL borders(Except for the Belgian technicality) I'd say OTL, basically. I can expand upon that and it would be pending other apps, but roughly speaking, it'd probably be that.
I'll start with short histories of the two officially claimed areas, though both of those will somehow have to be worked out in cooperation with their current owners (I assume my history of these does not take precendence over theirs, but fuck it, I'll write what I hope for and can always roll back from there).
Neuchatel is first mentioned in 1032 by Rudolph 3 of Burgundy, and was passed through multiple houses throughout the middle ages and early modern period, until in 1707 there was an inheritance issue. With the reformation having spread there in 1530, and a monarch both far and yet powerful, thereby ensuring both the autonomy and safety of neuchatel, was desired amongst all the candidates, the then-king of Prussia, Friedrich. It since then had been ruled by Prussian Governor-Generals and local authorities under the Hohenzollern crown until the French revolution, in which it had been annexed to France, and not been returned since.

The lands of the two minor and catholic Hohenzollern branches have been ruled by those families since the early 17th century, when they were split into two principalities tied into each other with en- and ex-claves. Before that those lands were ruled by the united Swabian branch of house Hohenzollern, who's control of that area ranges as far back as the 11th century as the county of Zollern.
During the unification and annexation of the more minor states in the Rheinbund and the Congress of Vienna these two states were handed over to Switzerland, which completely surrounded them, despite fervent Prussian protests.

As for Prussia proper:
Prussia, under that name, came into existence with the de-monasticization of the Teutonic Order and the creation of the Duchy of Prussia under the Prussian homage. It was founded with a member of a cadet branch of the Hohenzollerns as its monarch, which later allowed for it to be inherited by the Brandenburgian line in 1619. This was the beginning of the Brandenburg-Prussia. Almost a century later the Hohenzollerns would declare themselves Kings in Prussia, circumventing the Imperial monopoly on granting royal titles within the Holy Roman Empire. This dual-state would through various wars and partitions unify and grow into most of what is 1836's Kingdom of Prussia. During the Napoleonic wars Prussia was part of some of the coalition wars, though at times also in an unwilling alliance with France. It's role in the destruction of Napoleon, as well as the existence of some Prussian lands in the Rhineland meant that at the Congress of Vienna it would gain the Rhineland and Westphalia, but would have to give the lands gained in the third Polish partition to Russia.
Since then Prussian history has been rather dull.

Miscellaneous:
RP Example:
Last edited by The Jonathanian States on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse