NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life: EPIC (IC Thread XI) [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun May 29, 2016 1:45 pm

The Burrows, Churchyard

The General pondered for a moment of the exact prospects of the Building's current absence from them, as it was confirmed by Captain Blackwater. As surely it certainly wasn't a good thing to happen, but he nodded in agreement to Sandy that Demens ought to be able to handle himself quite fine, considering that this was his world and that was his Building after all. He indeed almost gave a hand to wave the praise being given to him, but more out of an attempt of modesty in the fact that this was all standard duty that he would had performed regardless in the event of a crisis. And of course Minerva was too busy with the Mayor to even give him anymore of her precious time.

Obviously there was still work to be done around the Burrows that he must see to. He noticed that Deuce had passed by them and most likely had heard at least some of their conversation, and with the way he was moving he probably heard the part about the change of plans for the tents and was likely seeing to it. He then turned his head towards Sandy and was about to say something of the lines of continuing on their duties before a sound that pierced through the air came to their attention.

"Another mission?" He said, recognizing what the sound meant, especially from Minerva's displayed loathing for it. While it was certainly not a good time for a mission to take place, in fact it was the exact opposite; as far as he knew these missions were usually of timely essence that needed to be performed as quickly and as efficiently as can be, so there was no room to argue... Unless the Gates could actually send them to an earlier point in space time, or to an younger yet similar alternate dimension that had a perfect copy of the person they needed to extract, then all their rushing would seem redundant. Though he guessed there could only be a good reason for why they didn't do just that.

He then looked down and saw that Minerva was quickly at this side, he felt only puzzled when she said to him that they were going to go her way to the Gatehouse, and also to not ego trip on her, to which he felt even more bewildered. "What do you me-" was all he managed to say before they vanished together.

He... He didn't know what to even think at first, like what the hell was this place exactly? As it definitely didn't appeared that laws of any kind of physics or reality had any hold where they were, like it was fundamentally at its core lawless to any degree of sense and form. And that smell! He wanted to hack up from it initially as it assaulted him in every orifice he had like a cheap perfume department from hell, in fact that what it had to be surely? But he felt an added odd tingly sensation that only meant to him that this was something else. He tried his best to pull through and ignore it, but his thoughts were then penetrated by images of arousing glory and ambitious ideas. But he pushed them back as far as he could and made a strong effort to try and mentally block them, as he realized those thoughts weren't his and could only be deceit and lies.

He did not believed the thoughts to be his 'destiny,' and thought the action to embrace them to be completely absurd, as wasn't he already great enough in the eyes of his people, in the eyes of all Wilhelms and all of the Pantheon of his Creed? What more could these images hope to offer besides betrayal and perversion to what he stands for in the Wilhelm Imperium? The scent then hit him harder until he saw an envisioned and so called 'perfect' version of himself, or more like an aberration perhaps.

He starred at it, like how he would with a beast or a monster, or even a villain. He didn't see a Beacon of Light no more, as its armor was blackened and adorned with odd pink and purple symbols, he didn't even see Wilhelm XXIX's face anywhere on it, a traitor it would seem.

Nor did he see a Guardian of the Meek no more, as he saw more of a Sadist to the Meek that preyed on the innocent like a petty thug or rapist with a grin and glee. A bastard to its once held ideals and undeserving of any remorse or respect, only smite of retribution.

And neither did he insultingly see a General of the Wilhelm Imperium no more, as there was nothing heroic he could see in it, and he saw nothing of valor that could ever come from it, as this was a weak and pathetic warlord that held onto nothing. And could only rule an equally pitiful fiefdom like the ones he used to crushed decisively while he was a General. This thing couldn't be him, he wanted to refused to believe that it was. He then starred at the woman beside it, while desirable as she may be, he knew deep down that he wasn't meant for something like that... He was never intended for it, he was only meant to serve the Imperium above all else, even a spouse or romance.

His pores were assaulted and violated more and more though, and for all of his sheer resistance to it he was getting tempted by the scent. He needed to get out of here if only to feel some relief. Minerva then said something like it was distant, Think of Nila? He heard her say. He already had a lot of distrust to her at this point, as from opposition to what the thoughts had told him he should do, but in thinking of the small construct he felt a bit relaxed and sane. Like something about her made it so that he had some grounding to reality that he knew he belonged in, not the 'perfect' version the scent urges him to become an abhorrent to who he was. Maybe it was because Nila was genuine by comparison? Pure in the sense that she was imperfect and was fallible and furthermore able to be related to and understood, like a...Person! A real person with actual character that was cultivated after years of failings and experience that shaped them to who are now, and who will they be for years to come to which they would find meaning and purpose to live for.

Oh he would love to give her a hug now if he weren't still in this quagmire of scum and debauchery! But he could only hope and pray that his undying loyalty and faith to the Imperium will help him withstand this perverted onslaught and uphold his held ideals, as he assured himself that he'll persevere through it.

He then could've swore he heard Minerva say something about-

Gatehouse

He almost fell forward as they popped back into reality, sweet grim yet true reality. He could still smell that accursed perfume from that damned woman, he knew he could use a good shower after that. Perhaps even a-

He then suddenly fell to his knees and vomited out bile that had built up as a result of the perfume, he never felt so alive before with the taint finally out his system. After a brief moment with some coughing, he stood right back up, his skin radiating into a healthy glow as his Perseverance kicked in. He then looked right back down at Minerva, frowning with disdain at her, gripping his gauntlet clad hands tightly in anger. He was tempted to smack her in disgust, but he stopped himself when he realized who she was now. A victim forever tainted by... Whatever the hell that whole thing was.

His emotions turned to sorrowful pity for her. "Why?" He asked her, then putting both his hands on her shoulders and shook her lightly. "Why, why that, why all of that? Didn't you used to stand for something, where did all your willpower go? I can't believe you could've fell for something like-like that horror, I thought you were strong. In the names of my Gods and Wilhelms, why goddammit?!" He then let her go and held an expression that said he had no more to say to her. Only a single tear ran down his cheek.
Last edited by Chedastan on Sun May 29, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun May 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Aegis nodded along which Rache’s words as he explained what had happened.

“I will I could say things have been going well but unfortunately not,” Aegis replied in Aklo. Coming from a humanoid mouth the words lacked the power Rache gave them but he spoke with a strong understanding of the language.

As the group flattened a path through the snow Aegis explained how he and Yuna and appeared in the nearby woods, before being quickly captured by a gaggle of ponies who thought they were witches. Only the swift intervention of the aptly named Smart Cookie and the Chancellor had spared them from the witch burners. Aegis continued to describe how high-strung the town seemed to be and he feared that a zealous pony by the name of Sundae Surprise was coaxing people further into rage.

After that the Luxan explained, Yuna and he had gone to a town meeting where the townsfolk expressed serious concerns about the famines and weather believing both the pegasi and unicorns might be to blame. But before that meeting could go anywhere a cannibal pony attacked and every fled for their lives. Yuna and he then went to an abandoned house nearby where the zombies were and made a message in the snow for Rache and Willow.

“Then we went to sleep, and not long after we woke up a scream brought us to your location. Something else I should mention is one of the artifacts that we were looking at before we arrived here is owned by the chancellor. Also we informed Smart Cookie that we are not from this realm and that we are trying to get back. She seems to be very understand and I have a fair amount of trust in her.”

“If we are interested in finding the Chancellor we should probably start at the town hall where we met last night. I imagine she frequents that place often and someone might have seen her their today. Also when we find her we should see if we can get that artifact.”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun May 29, 2016 4:06 pm

The Burrows, Churchyard

Sandy wasn't sure which surprised him more: his phone bleating that he was needed for a mission or Blackwater's reaction to her being paged as well. What had gotten into-- Hmmm... was there more to the Building's disappearance than he realized?

He had little time to think about it, as Maghrl appeared almost as soon as Sandy started to go look for him. "Yes, we have a mission, but I have no idea of the details. We're also lacking the tubs, so you get a Pegasus-back ride there. Just give me a second to do a couple of things before I transform."

Sandy called to the Astartes. "Deuce! Please go by the clinic and let the healers know we have a hospital tent and some supplies. See if there's somebody there who can help you, uh, sort through them... We may have a patient with a concussion coming in, so people may be too busy to help." Sandy started to pull his phone from his pocket, then a thought struck him. "Oh, and if you run into a Japanese woman on the way, a Miss ... ... Konayama! Yes, that's her name! Please see if she wants to help in the clinic or help with the supplies."

Phone now in hand, Sandy tapped out a terse message to Amanda: "On mission, back later." He repocketed his phone, then cast Apollonius' Fifth Metamorphosis, kneeling down so Maghrl could get aboard.

The Jedi clambered up Pegasus' side, half using the Force to help him. Even on his knees, Pegasus' back was almost to the top of Maghrl's head. Now ready, Sandy leapt into the air, swiftly climbing. He leveled out about a mile up, and stretching his neck like a racehorse and pulling his legs up, soared to the Gatehouse with a speed that would make a hawk green with envy. Indeed, Sandy covered the entire distance in a single clause, arriving unremarkably soon after Minerva and Romulus.

Gatehouse

After Maghrl dismounted, Sandy returned to human form. Shadow-travel apparently didn't agree with the General, but that wasn't the expression on his face... sorrow? Disapproval? Sandy must have missed some bit of drama between him and Blackwater, but decided he didn't want to know what it was. He quick-stepped over to the young woman at the console. "Myra, we've brought the knight in shining armor. Who needs the rescuing?"
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sun May 29, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun May 29, 2016 5:00 pm

The Burrows, Pub
Holy Lykos wrote:"What is that?" He asked, gesturing to the laptop. "It... It looks like a computer? But much more advanced and lightweight than any I've ever seen in my life! Not even prewar America had anything close to something that small yet able to boot up that fast. [...] The most portable things we had in our world were pipboys, and even those don't seem to have anywhere close to the power of this machine."

"It is a computer!" Amanda was baffled by Sakarias' question. "It's a few years old, even, and wasn't especially fast then. But it's more advanced than anything you've ever seen? How then are you possible?"

Amanda tapped the tabletop with a slim finger as she puzzled something out. "You said 'biomechanical'. You're alive, or part of you is?" Perhaps he's from some other 2014's future, not mine.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:The Burrows, Pub
Holy Lykos wrote:"What is that?" He asked, gesturing to the laptop. "It... It looks like a computer? But much more advanced and lightweight than any I've ever seen in my life! Not even prewar America had anything close to something that small yet able to boot up that fast. [...] The most portable things we had in our world were pipboys, and even those don't seem to have anywhere close to the power of this machine."

"It is a computer!" Amanda was baffled by Sakarias' question. "It's a few years old, even, and wasn't especially fast then. But it's more advanced than anything you've ever seen? How then are you possible?"

Amanda tapped the tabletop with a slim finger as she puzzled something out. "You said 'biomechanical'. You're alive, or part of you is?" Perhaps he's from some other 2014's future, not mine.

"I don't know. Before the war we did have advanced robotics with the computing technology we had, but the computers never really became a part of daily life themselves. Mr. Handy for example, a sort of floating ball, used some kind of rocket based propulsion, with octopus like limbs meant for housework. It replaced maids and butlers with a robotic servant meant to do chores around the house so humans could do more leisure activities. Was surprisingly affordable for even lower income houses and became a normal sight in big cities. Some even fetched groceries for families. Others were a bit creepier, I know earlier robots used human grey matter as a main processor, but I can't remember their purpose. Might have been military.

"The Institute... Well, they seemed to figure out how to improve machines to have actual intelligence, and started working on creating synthetic life like myself. Technically I'm called U6-47, but I took on the memories of Sakarias with time and grew accustomed to using that identity for myself. Having this advanced intelligence only seems to be possible by making copies of human brains and putting them into some special technology they made. I don't even really understand how it works, and I, for obvious reasons, can't mess with the brain, processor, whatever I was put into. it could very well wipe my personality if I start tampering with it.

"I don't know exactly how the Institute managed to make the line of synths but I did hear biomechanics as a term they used. I've learned how to maintain my parts simply from necessity, and really don't know how most work aside from they seem to replicate just about every normal body process a human would need. Though obviously homeostasis isn't needed with a mostly mechanical body, and breathing for me is more for keeping internal temperature withing operating parameters. A cooling system, pretty much."

Sakarias tapped the table as he spoke, trying to think and recall what little he'd actually retained from his time under the institute. Unfortunately they had a tendency to wipe the memories of synths every so often to prevent personality from emerging, so he had very little. "I'm not sure if you had many robots in your world, but one common thing the Institute did was regularly wipe our memories so we didn't develop any real ones. But it seemed they kept the templates original memories too, and upon escaping if synths didn't decide on new identities they tended to become the people who their minds were based off of. I know Diamond City is home to a synth like me, who's personality is based off the template he was made from. Nick, or something similar, was his name I believe.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Groundtown

Moolisa gasped in shock and watched with sad puppy eyes as her investment went up in flames. Her own money put into, flushed away! She had half a mind to tell Rache that she would see him in court, but refrained due to both stereotypes about pegasi being violent and the correct assumption that Rache himself was capable of great violence. Willow was hard-pressed to offer sympathy though he refrained from gloating, while Cloud Duster stared at the fire with a quizzical look - they were torches, yes, but even for that the fire had started quicker than expected. He'd know, he had a penchant for starting vengeance fires himself. It was why they no longer had any mementos of his father in their house. He'd also never seen a cigarette before and began to wonder what sorts of other things Willow and Rache kept tucked under their wings.

While Pansy felt Yuna was hardly a close friend yet, she still felt sorry for the clear disappointment of the other young mare, so she touched the other's forearm and offered a smile. "We will be back with your secretary soon," she reassured. "And we shall not let any of your citizens be harmed."

So she said with a formality normally reserved for when performing duties. It was a strange dissonance, using it with an Earth pony, but it was the best way that Pansy knew how to convey such intentions. Earth pony or not, they were performing a public service for the good of it, which was at least one thing about being a soldier that she grasped well.

"Here!" SkyWishes dug around under her cloak and produced a small quill and paper, writing down a note. "If you do find Cookie, you can give this note to her to make sure that she knows that we actually sent you and you're cool, and not just flew in and are trying to trick her." She handed it to Willow.

The artist raised an eye at the atrocious mouth-writing and spelling.

"I'm not so good at reading and writing," the Earth pony admitted. "But she'll still know it was me!"

"I'm sure," Willow nodded, then winced and lightly tapped a spot on his head with his hoof.

"You are hurt?" Duster asked.

"Not too bad, I think somepony's cart collision was just a tad bit rough with me," he leveled a glare toward Moolisa, who was desperately trying to put out her cart with snow. "Let's hurry along, I don't want to spend much more of this day than we have to."

With that, Pansy gave Yuna a final reassurance and Cloud Duster a final quirky look to the fire, and the three younger pegasi took off for the base of Caer Gloriana's mountainsides.

While Aegis and Rache talked, SkyWishes took up comforting Yuna. "Pansy is right, there's nothing to worry about! Sundae can be a little kookie sometimes, but honestly, she's just been through a lot. She..." the filly trailed off, pinning her ears and grimacing. "Wasn't ever really given a chance to... not be afraid, while growing up. We need just need to talk to her right, make her understand that we all need to be on the same side."

The flight over, Cloud Duster was thinking deeply with himself. To the Glorianan garbage heap? Would this be a good time to execute things then? No, not with Pansy and Willow both here together. But then how could he get another opportunity?

"Let's try to stay high so that we don't run into any of those creatures like in the woods," Willow urged the two. "I just hope they haven't gotten Smart Cookie..." The secretary was just as important to the future as Pansy. "Is it around this tree patch, Duster?"

"No, more to the left ahead."

"So, I assume this is just one of the many things you randomly know for no real reason?"

"Not no reason. The unicorns are fickle. They drop many valuable things over the edge that can be of use to other ponies."

"The Commander says there's nothing they have that we could want besides the day cycles," Pansy said, feeling obliged to parrot the lesson, then added with some hesitation: "Nor the Earth ponies besides their food."

Cloud Duster merely shook his head. "Our way of life is dull compared to theirs. Both tribes offer many wonderful things we could benefit from."

Willow was stunned by what a surprisingly progressive thing this was to say, so despite his and Rache's previous suspicions and concerns, the artist smiled and nodded approvingly at the other young stallion. Perhaps it could serve as an example for Pansy. "That's a good attitude to take! I totally agree! What would you like most to have in your life from the other tribes?"

Pansy flushed in anxiety, feeling as if this was forbidden kind of talk, but said nothing.

"Beads," Cloud Duster lied.

"Beads? That's nice, they can be used to decorate," Willow said, then turned to explain to Pansy. "A bead is like a small decoration with a hole in it that you put on a string or hair-"

"I know what beads are," Pansy interrupted.

"Oh, sorry. Well..." Willow tried to think of something convincing for the times. "You guys don't paint much, right? Well the others can also make some really gorgeous..."

Willow's yammering at Pansy faded out into a distant humming as Cloud Duster began to faze out and dwell on his brief lie. Beads were okay, he supposed. They'd be entertaining for about, an hour, at most. No, that's not what he wanted most. He had what he wanted, once.

But as usual, he'd learned pretty fast all about how he wasn't allowed to have nice things.

Peep! Peep! Peep!

The baby chick was kept safe in the morion helmet as it was carried in the sky on the way to it's new home. The metal hat was much too deep for the thing to jump out of and the inside too sleek and slippery for it to crawl from. Cloud Duster looked down at it with big, glassy eyes but a genuine smile. He felt the satisfaction of any child who'd convinced their parents to purchase them an extra extravagant toy, though there hadn't been much convincing involved with his new pet. The old mare had insisted, said that the town had more than enough egg producers already, she could easily part with one to a good home. Neither he nor Thistle would ever learn why the mare had been so kind and, well, not racist, but it didn't matter much to them at that point. It was a lovely gift that they were glad to take.

"What are you going to name it?" Thistle asked her foster brother with a bright smile.

"Chicken," Cloud Duster said excitedly, not taking his eyes off the animal.

Thistle's smile dropped. Duster was intelligent in his own right, for sure, but he didn't have a lot of imagination. Whatever, it was his pet. "Well, I think Chicken is going to teach you a lot of things, Cloud Duster. Taking care of something for the sake of it is good practice to learn to be good to other ponies for the sake of it."

"I'm gonna teach it to fly the way Aurora Mist taught us!" he declared with a little too much excitement.

"No! Ahem..." Thistle corrected her tone when he snapped his gaze onto her. Lieutenant Aurora Mist's method of flight tutoring involved throwing foals off clouds and catching them minutes before hitting the ground until instinct finally kicked in and they caught themselves. "You don't want to do that, it's not a pegasus, so you might hurt it, remember? Plus the old mare said chickens don't fly the same way we do."

He stared at her.

"It's impossible! And if you do it, you won't have a pet anymore!"

"Oh. Okay."

"It's a living thing, not a wooden soldier doll!"

"I understand."

Thistle sighed. She wondered if he really did and vowed to keep an eye on the poor baby bird to make sure it didn't end up a splatter of feathers on the ground somewhere. At the very least, the critter seemed light enough where living on the clouds wouldn't be an issue. Chickens apparently ate grain, which wouldn't be hard at all to get in their herbivorous society. Yes. This would work out well.

It was sneaking back into their house that had Thistle the most concerned. She kept her head and ears low as she creaked open their door and peeped through to see if her foster mother was anywhere to be seen. Not so. She pushed the door open and made her way in quietly, Duster right behind her and, as usual, too absorbed in his own thing to give a damn about whether or not they were noticed. At this point he was so over the moon with his new toy pet that he could have been forgiven for forgetting who Maya was entirely.

"I don't think Auntie Rainshine is home," said Thistle.

"Who?" Duster asked absent-mindedly, shoving his face low at the squeaking chick to bop noses with it.

Or his own mother, apparently. Thistle rolled her eyes and pulled him all the way inside, shutting the door behind them and wondering about what to do next. They had a nice big nick-nack chest somewhere, didn't they? They could fill it with hay and that would be Chicken's home. Oh, but that wouldn't be so good for closing up, would it? The chick would need to feel safe while they were gone for training. For now though, it was probably hungry. The cousins made their way to the kitchen to search for their grain supply and found another surprise waiting for them: a freshly baked honey cake, just sitting there on the table. No other preparations, it stood their alone, with a little sign next to it that read:
For son.

"Look, Cloud Duster!" Thistle pointed it out. "It is for you!"

She was excited at this prospect. The only one who could have possibly made the cake was Auntie Rainshine, and if she was making it for Cloud Duster, then it must have been a peace offering over today's incident. That was wonderful! Not only was it Thistle's self-given job to act as her cousin's "social tutor," but also to facilitate the rocky relationship between him and his mother whenever she could. She hadn't at all expected for this to be their greeting after ditching out on the Maya visit, something more hostile, but if this was the response then they simply had to take advantage of it.

"Go on, go on!" she trotted behind her cousin and nudged him toward the cake. "Take a bite! Eat it! That is how you accept it and please her!"

Cloud Duster blinked, looking between her, his chick, and the cake.

He shouldn't have fallen for it. Any other day he wouldn't have, but today he had, and it was Thistle Whistle's fault. Not on purpose, of course, but the poor young mare wasn't always quite the helpful sort she took herself to be, and her actions throughout that day had unintentionally lead him to making the mistake. All day she'd done nothing but reward his atrocious behavior with kind words and adorable baby chickens, so at that time, Cloud Duster had been rendered momentarily stupid by increased susceptibility to undeserved presents and Thistle's encouragement in general. His suspicion was numbed and his selfishness amplified. Cake was sweet. He liked sweet things. Today was good. Today was a good day.

He handed off Chicken to Thistle and flew over to the table to pick the cake up and cheerfully take a bite as she nodded on approvingly. It was good but tasted a little funny, and he had to beat his chest a few times to get a cough out. Dry? He began to cough more.

"Is it too dry?" Thistle asked, guessing similar to him. "Do you want me to get you some milk?"

He didn't answer, as he just kept coughing. Thistle at first thought he might have been choking slightly and moved to pat his back, but the coughing began to escalate alarmingly, and he was soon brought to the knees by the fit, the cake plate clattering to the floor and the coughing turning into horrible, painful hacking that twisted his insides and stole his strength. Thistle panicked, kneeling down and trying to nudge him to him to his hooves, urgently begging him to tell her what was wrong. She was answered by a sudden gush of blood that fell from both his mouth and nose, soaking his face, forelegs, and the floor, and sapping the last of his strength out of him as he fully collapsed to the floor in helpless hacking and uncontrollable shudders.

Thistle was screaming.
"Cloud Duster! Cloud Duster!" she cried, ignoring all the blood drenching her as she tried to hold him in a futile attempt to cease his convulsions. She openly wept as only more blood bubbled up, hugged her cousin tight, and did the only thing she could at that point: scream for her foster mother. "Auntie! Auntie!" she yelled through her tears, praying that somehow, someway, Rainshine would be close enough to hear. "Auntie!"

And so she did. There was no rush or announcement either, she merely appeared there in the doorway, as if she had been standing there all along, and she was smiling. The mare flicked a piece of luscious turquoise and green hair from her eyes and looked between her niece and son on the reddened kitchen floor.

"Auntie!" Thistle jerked towards the older mare desperately, stuttering terribly in her heartache. "W-We-We have to g-g-..." She began to whistle from sheer shock and panic, her hyperventilation not helping. "H-He-He's bleed-d-i-i-ing-ing-"

"You're really not
that clever," Rainshine said quietly, ignoring Thistle's pleas and leveling a narrow-eyed, smug smile at her child.

Slowly, Thistle caught onto the obvious and tried to cover her cousin protectively with her body. "NO!"

Hoof came colliding into Thistle's cheek with no mercy and sent the small girl flying across the floor, the hot stinging causing bright white spots in her vision and stunning her. She could only lay there, her mane matted with sticky blood, a welt sprouting on her cheek, her strength sapped by fear, and begin to softly cry.

The other child out of the way, Rainshine turned on her son. The worst of his convulsions had stopped and ebbed into occasional twitching, his open eyes gazing nowhere, and the copious amounts of lost blood staining everything from his baby blue coat to the snow white highlights in his mane. He was alive, but broken and helpless. That didn't stop the mother from further exacting her vengeance over his disobedience. She grabbed the edge of his chest plate with her hoof and began to lift and slam the back of his skull against the floor repeatedly.

"You -- never -- think -- do you!" Rainshine snarled, emphasizing with each slam. She topped off the assault with a full force slap across the face. No, he didn't think, not if it didn't involve serving himself. "How dare you dishonor me like this! Embarrass me! You
plague!"

Peep! Peep!

During the initial panic, Thistle had dropped the helmet and Chicken had gotten loose. Her tiny feet left trails as she ran this way and that across the bloodied floor, occasionally stopping to ruffle, preen, and dart her head side to side. The little chick had gotten a few red globs on it's puffs and was trying to nip away at the irritation as it struggled to make sense of the chaos around it. The non-stop squeaking and peeping caught Rainshine's attention mid-assault and commanded her notice, confused and annoyed at the alien fuzz-creature pecking at it's wings in her home. Repulsed, she pulled back a hoof and swatted the thing away. Poor Chicken let out a long, pained peep before slapping into a nearby cabinet and sliding down to the floor motionless.

Thistle cried out again, stirred by the sound of the chick's pain and scrambling over to cradle it in her hooves. Cloud Duster watched her, emotionless. His eyes were stuck on the scene, unable to move even his head from the number the poison had done against him. He wasn't angry. He wasn't sad. He was just cold. His gaze soon moved away from the scene as his mother forced him to look back up at her.

Rainshine looked down at him with aloof distaste, silent for a moment. "I love you because you're my foal, Cloud Duster," she finally said. "But I will never like you. Not with what you force me to do to you."

Nothing about this cruel statement stirred anything inside of him. He only mustered enough energy to slowly blink at her, the dried blood around his face making a sticky crinkling sound as he did. There was a high-pitched squealing in his ears. It burned to swallow. And yet, it remained as said before: Cloud Duster never felt sorry for himself. Not as he lay in a puddle of violence at the hooves of his only living parent, not as his new pet lay dead, and not as the only pony who loved him wept for the mess that was their life. His heart was empty and his mind filled with nothing but the working gears of what he'd do next once this inconvenience had run it's course and his hand of influence returned.

Well played, mother. Well played.

Now it was his turn.

And that's how he stated setting revenge fires - to things that made her happy. Duster sneezed due to the dry air and regarded the memory matter-of-factually, before coming to his senses and realizing the junk pile was just below. "Here, here. Let's get looking."

"Great!" Willow was fairly enthusiastic. "One step closer. Not that you guys haven't been great, but I'm really looking forward to putting an end to all this insanity we've been through."

So am I, Duster thought.

And the three descended to begin their search for Smart Cookie.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Gatehouse

Myra crinkled her nose and stared at the pile of sick. Great. Cleaning it wasn't part of her job description. She opened her mouth to chastise the general, only to snap it closed once she spotted Minerva's hands. The cultist leader's fists were curling in rage.

It was too much. All of it. This shitty place, the loss of her Lads when the Building ripped itself out of Bielefeld, and now she had to face not only the death of Thaddeus but also his son. And then there was Klaus. His eyes. The way he looked at her as he urged her to take his sophie to safety. She should have stayed. She should have handed the child to Deuce. Her lover needed her. Giovenith needed her. This wasn't Minerva's first failure, but it was her worst by far.

Knuckles cracked as her nails pressed into her palms. Who the fuck was this ass to judge her on her willpower? Who was he to presume she was weak? She wanted to strike out at him, to physically beat her fists against his face, and perhaps to enrage him to the point where he'd put her out of her misery. And that was the rub, wasn't it? No matter how many times he killed her, she would revive. Her curse. The curse. She'd never asked for any of it.

"You son of a bitch," came her low hiss. "You don't know me."

To be fair to Romulus, she never allowed him to know her. Her aloofness was legendary but now, faced with losing nearly everything, her inner turmoil revealed itself as her calm veneer shattered. "I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!" Leather stretched and then tore as her cold fingers ripped the pin from her lapel. Her god's symbol glinted in the Gate's light as she thrust it in front of Romulus' face. "This. Look at it! I didn't want this!" She flung to pin from her. Myra winced as it clattered towards the door and landed in Sandy and Maghrl's shadows.

Now Romulus was presented with an accusatory finger. "You don't know me! I died, you bastard. Fucking Nazi's... on Purim. On fucking Purim, don't you get it? The day that commemorates the deliverance of my people. Jewish people, General, in the ancient Persian Empire. A day of joy. Celebration. Nazi's caught me, tortured me, raped me, and I died. And Klaus-"

The finger wavered and then curled, and Minerva seemed to curl with it. Shoulders rolled forward as she turned away from him to hide quickly forming tears. "Klaus found me, and summoned the only Daemon he could reach. I thought he did it to mock me. We were enemies. I didn't know he did it because he was in love with me. I didn't know. A thousand years of facing each other on the Void's fields, and I didn't know."

Minerva wiped her eyes. Her gaze turned upward as though the ceiling could offer some comfort. "I didn't choose Chaos. I didn't ask for my curse. I'm fortunate, I suppose. Purna was part of Charumati. And she embodies perfection, not lust and debauchery."

The cultist leader rounded on Romulus. Despite her red eyes and wet nose, she presented well as a force one shouldn't trifle with. "I am strong. What I stand for far surpasses anything Chaos could offer. Purity. Truth. Loyalty. Love. Protection. You can either fight beside me to protect those who can't protect themselves, or you can keep the fuck out of my way. But don't you ever again imply that I wanted this. And don't you dare pity me."

Clinic

The clinic door opened. A large man in dark robes ducked to squeeze into the small space. Though outside of his armor, Deuce was still massive enough to tower over everyone else. His eyes surveyed those in the room, and he politely coughed as he folded his hands in front of him.

"We have a hospital tent and some supplies," his nose, which had obviously been broken several times during the course of his life, wrinkled to convey good intention. "I need to find Miss Konayama. Professor Bela's orders. I'm to see if she wishes to help you. Do you know where she is?"
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Gatehouse

Maghrl had quite enjoyed his ride up here. Reminded him of riding in a swoop bike or similar, but the beat of wings against air certainly didn't let him hold onto those memories. It was one thing to ride something running on repulsorlifts, another to ride a flying beast. The small jedi didn't have too much trouble hanging on, mostly due to using the force to do so. He grinned with glee as he rode, though Sandy was unlikely to notice him doing anything aside from just holding on with his hands.

He almost rolled himself off of Sandy to dismount, tumbling a bit through the air yet landing on his feet easily. That was more due to the force than any reflexes. It took him a bit to notice that the general's face was showing some sort of disapproval, and then Minerva's emotions boiled over and erupted into the tirade of a lifetime. The squib could feel the raw emotions rolling off of her through the force, and it made him stay silent and even subdued. A rare thing for the Jedi that tended to run just about everywhere he went. But this wasn't his argument, nor were they his issues to deal with. It was obvious the building's apparent destruction and other events had pushed Minerva to the edge of what she could deal with.

The Squib's ears fell back, and his bright eyes glanced over at Sandy, wondering if he had any idea what they should do. They needed to get a move on if time was the essence but Minerva seemed like she needed help, or needed to vent all this out. Maghrl wasn't trained in helping people with these kinds of issues like other Jedi were. But then Minerva finished, looking as strong as ever despite the obvious hurt and distress she was under. The Squib had to admire that about her. She was nothing if not a strong person that took no shit from anyone. Admirable no matter what species you hailed from, in Maghrl's opinion. Minerva was already a person Maghrl admired from the short time he'd been here, and she'd never proved herself to not deserve that admiration.

But he kept quiet, waiting for the Romulus and Minerva to settle this between themselves so they could move on. It wasn't his issue to intervene on.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun May 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Gatehouse

He was simply speechless as Minerva unleashed her emotional tirade onto him, he didn't wanted to interrupt her as it was quite clear that he had stepped on her toes and the least he could do now was let her vent it all out to him. He couldn't had known what she had been through, and he wouldn't have imagined it in the first place. He had completely misjudged her circumstances of being who she currently was, which may as well have been forced from the sounds of it. A tragedy full of misery he thought at first, until he heard her the whole way through and realized she held herself with resolve and strength of a true individual, as she was still the person he had thought of her to be when they first met, and was still a person deserving of his respect, though he imagined how this would had played out differently if she were one of his soldiers... He stopped delving into the thought though once it became clear that it wouldn't had ended well.

His emotions calmed, he wiped the tear from his cheek, its existence proved meaningless in an single instance. He sighed, it was best not to degrade her anymore than he already had. "I'm sorry, Minerva, it would appear that I had misjudged your character. It's just I couldn't imagine that any sane person would've been able to go through that place regularly, I have mistakenly thought of you of someone of a weaker constitution, a fanatic." He paused, thinking of what more he should say to her.

"While I'm tempted to still call you a victim in all of this, I know that wouldn't help anyone, and definitely not you. But don't think I'll have no concern for you altogether, there's still a breathing human soul in you, is there not? That's deserving enough of my attention for you." He said and breathed, remembering what he had experienced just moments ago.

"Look, when we were in there I saw a version of myself, it was something that was devoid of what I stood for, a mockery of the Imperium's ideals. But the thoughts in my head kept urging me that it was a 'perfect' me, well I certainly didn't see it, I saw a monster actually. I was actually scared by it, and I feared that you fell for something like that and was trying to pursue a lie implanted in you like a hopeless fool. But obviously that isn't the case with what you just told me. You aren't embracing a lie, you're still you, and I'm really glad for it." He finished, no longer holding anything against her. He had hoped that this conflict was now resolved between them.

He then offered a hand to her, "C'mon, we got a mission to get to, everyone is here."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Mon May 30, 2016 1:37 am

Clinic

Otonako answered Rmwtyliin's question,

"Well, no. I mean, I guess I could've had other colours, like yellow for happy, but it only goes red abd blue. Red is for strong emotions that are often symbolised as being red, e.g embarrassment or anger, and blue is for strong emotions that are often symbolised as blue, e.g empathy or sadness. When they mix and balance out, my hair goes purple, which is my natural hair colour. Now that I think about it, a full rainbow would have been more interesting, I hope I find someone like that now." She smiled as she finished her sentence.

To Sterling she said,

"I feel fine honestly, although it does feel a little strange being here," she paused to laugh a bit, "Rmwtyliin did a good job. I'm feeling a lot better now. Although, checking I'm ok is probably a good idea."

To be honest, she hadn't particularly wanted to be checked over, she felt great, but, as she said, it was good to check just in case.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon May 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Gatehouse

Sandy's nostrils flared as he inhaled sharply: Blackwater gave General Asinine both barrels. And then to see her crumble, recover, reload, and give him another blast -- after what she experienced -- suggested 'strong' was the understatement of the year. 'Formidable' came to mind, as did the image of a coiled spring: flexible but impossible to break. Oh, boy! At least Asinine had the sense to let her finish before trying an apology. Sandy would accept the limp one he cobbled together, but he was like that: Romulus was trying.

Sandy gave the Squib a helpless look, making small gestures at both offender and offended with open hands, then touching his fingers together and nodding at the officers: they'd have to work this out, the most he could do was help. And speaking of which...

Sandy looked around behind him until he spotted a sparkle in the darkness, and then he stooped to pick up Minerva's pin. He'd hand it back to her when the opportunity presented itself. Sandy stared at it as he stood back up: a symbol, a trinket, worth nothing except what it represented. As Sandy gazed at it, what happened became clear. The General had a vision, provided by ... Charumati? Odd, Blackwater said she commanded Slaanesh's forces... And the vision wasn't what he saw as perfection, but something to mislead him. Cultural? The differences between pantheons? Sandy would have to try to find out later. Much later, after the mission was done.

The Burrows, Pub

Amanda weighed Sakarias' description of the technology in his world: probably somebody else's future. Probably. Her expression hardened, though, as he reached his conclusion. "They erased your memories to keep you from getting ideas? What were they doing, creating a new race of slaves?" She took a deep breath and relaxed. Whatever they might have wanted, they were apparently dead by nuclear fire, and a threat to no one.

She decided to persue an earlier part of what he said: "We have few robots. Oh, there are plenty in factories, but they do only repetitive tasks. A few people have robot vacuum cleaners, but they're only slightly smarter than can openers: they can't tell clean from dirty, so they follow randomized preprogrammed routes."

A two-note fanfare sounded within Amanda's suit jacket, and she pulled her phone out of an inner pocket without thinking. She scowled at the display for a moment. Sandy was off on a mission? With the Building on fire? What the hell?? Who was--? Right, he'd probably left Anais in charge.

Oh, that's an interesting point! Amanda placed her phone on the table where Sakarias could see the screen. "Did you have smartphones like this before the war? It's a phone, but it's also a computer." She tapped an icon, bringing up a list of restaurants in downtown Ascalon, along with a message that it was cached because she was offline. She tapped the latter, dismissing it, and pinch-zoomed into the restaurant guide, bringing up a menu for a new crêperie. "I don't know how people functioned before smartphones; they do so much! Were these as common and necessary in your world?"

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon May 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:The Burrows, Pub

Amanda weighed Sakarias' description of the technology in his world: probably somebody else's future. Probably. Her expression hardened, though, as he reached his conclusion. "They erased your memories to keep you from getting ideas? What were they doing, creating a new race of slaves?" She took a deep breath and relaxed. Whatever they might have wanted, they were apparently dead by nuclear fire, and a threat to no one.

She decided to persue an earlier part of what he said: "We have few robots. Oh, there are plenty in factories, but they do only repetitive tasks. A few people have robot vacuum cleaners, but they're only slightly smarter than can openers: they can't tell clean from dirty, so they follow randomized preprogrammed routes."

A two-note fanfare sounded within Amanda's suit jacket, and she pulled her phone out of an inner pocket without thinking. She scowled at the display for a moment. Sandy was off on a mission? With the Building on fire? What the hell?? Who was--? Right, he'd probably left Anais in charge.

Oh, that's an interesting point! Amanda placed her phone on the table where Sakarias could see the screen. "Did you have smartphones like this before the war? It's a phone, but it's also a computer." She tapped an icon, bringing up a list of restaurants in downtown Ascalon, along with a message that it was cached because she was offline. She tapped the latter, dismissing it, and pinch-zoomed into the restaurant guide, bringing up a menu for a new crêperie. "I don't know how people functioned before smartphones; they do so much! Were these as common and necessary in your world?"

"Well, at least I think they did. The simpler and earlier synths they did for sure, as most were barely sapient and more just advanced robotic servants. Its possible my mind's self deleting minor details to prevent myself overloading and likely crashing, since a crash could spell the end to my consciousness." Sakarias said with a sigh. HE really had no idea which it was anymore. It'd been a while. "And they were trying to create replacements for humanity. As far as I can remember those memory wipes they didn't perform on generation three synths. I'm a more experimental copy, between generations. I think my line was specifically made to test out if it was possible to create human emotions and replicate them, along with a human mind. Others had more procedural generated templates, some had pre-war like I did myself.

"I'm just glad those Institute people are gone. Some weird woman, frozen in one of these.... Vaults I believe they called them, showed up and dismantled them alongside either the Railroad or Minutemen. I think both. Vaults are prewar attempts to stop the nuclear devestation that was coming, many predicted and I've had the feeling since I learned about the final events that Vault Tech manipulated events to cause the war. But Vaults... Most had social experiments built in. This one the woman came from had cryogenic freezing, so she was from before the war like myself!

"Another one for example, one in the south of Boston, had a bunch of chem addicts brought in and taught coping methods and helping them get over their addictions, no drugs allowed in the Vault at all so they had to quit cold turkey About a year in, everything changed, the overseer was under orders to open a secrete cache of all sorts of drugs, chems, addictive substances, that was hidden in a wall. From what I heard... No one survived the month, and it was eventually taken over as a base by these mercenary assholes."

When he was done talking, and she mentioned the phone, he looked at it with a confused expression. He picked it up carefully, turning it and looking it over. "No idea if there was anything this obviously advanced. But we did have something called Pipboys." He grabbed his wrist, gesturing up and down an area from there to a bit over halfway up his forearm. "Took up about that much space, was a pretty advanced and rare piece of tech created by Vault Tech for their vault dwellers. It kept track of body functions, had spreadsheet and other logistics functions on it, even a tape deck to play games and music, and a small radio. It was the most advanced sort of computer we had, powered by fusion batteries like everything else was. But nothing as small and compact as that. Must be expensive, I'd guess?"
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon May 30, 2016 7:00 pm

The Burrows, Pub

Holy Lykos wrote:"No idea if there was anything this obviously advanced. But we did have something called Pipboys. [...] It was the most advanced sort of computer we had, powered by fusion batteries like everything else was. But nothing as small and compact as that. Must be expensive, I'd guess?"

Amanda shook her head with a laugh. "Fusion batteries and tape decks! Your world was something else!"

"This phone was a bit pricey, but it was a top-end model when I bought it. Most people have smartphones these days, all but the very poor. They're sometimes even credited with helping poor countries become richer, because they've cut out expensive middlemen poor people previously had to rely on."

"We've never been able to get fusion power to work, and our best attempts require machines that fill football fields. But as for music..." Amanda retrieved her phone just long enough to bring up the music player app and pick a track. She then put it back next to Sakarias, as it played instrumental jazz: a trumpet riffing on a tune set down by the bass.

Amanda's lunch arrived, as did a refill of her lemonade. She excused herself before taking a big bite of her roast beef sandwich, chewing hurridly, swallowing, and then dabbling her lips with her napkin. Then and only then did she go on, gesturing at her phone with a French fry, er, chip. "That was recorded live at a jam session Sandy and I went to in Philly. The bass player is one of the best on the East Coast. Sandy's a live music fan." Amanda stuffed her chip in her mouth while she listened to the music.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon May 30, 2016 7:29 pm

The Burrows, Pub

"Wait, you didn't have fusion batteries? Did you use fission ones or something? Those were so unstable from what I remember. And much less efficient...

"But those smartphones sound interesting. You say it helped poorer countries? Most nations in my world ended up joining one bloc of powers or another. The Soviets, Chinese, Americans, European Commonwealth, the Middle Eastern Bloc under OPEC.... Most smaller countries were absorbed or fell apart into chaos, especially in the final few decades of the world as I knew it. The UN even disbanded after most of its member states left and war slowly engulfed everything. Not even a world war, just resource wars spread across pretty much every part of the world. Chinese even invaded Alaska to take the last of the world's oil reserves. Might have had fusion powered tech, but oil still made the world go round. Up until it lead to nuclear apocalypse. And that only happened after the Middle East and Europe had fallen into absolute chaos and civil wars already, and then the Soviets and China decided to step up their war to eleven. China knew it couldn't outmatch Russia's bomb arsenal, so using these things called missiles, which are like.... these rockets but with bombs attached to the front, they shot for America. America retaliated of course, and a chain reaction of attacks and retaliation ended pretty much all war for a good fifty years from what I heard."

Sakarias sighed. He was in a very reminiscing mood right now it seemed. His mind kept going down tangents and he almost didn't notice as Amanda took the phone back and started playing music. The familiar sort of sounds lead him to sigh again, though he smiled this time. "Been a damn while since I've heard Jazz, too. At least not the same ten songs played on repeat on the radio, for who knows how long. Pretty impressive. Its all stored digitally? Like how they've stored my mind and Synth minds, I'm guessing? Huh, who knew you could use that sort of thing for entertainment and more constructive purposes." He observed, seemingly entirely surprised by the idea of proper digital storage for such a quality of music. Vinyl had been pretty much the pinnacle of their music recording technology, and a bit later tapes, though those had terrible quality by comparison.
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Mon May 30, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon May 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Torii had stayed out of the way. She just couldn't handle it, and if someone said the wrong thing, or stumbled over her...

Torii wiped tears from her cheeks, but kept weeping. She felt as if her entire world had just shattered around her. It was horrible; it was an absolute nightmare, and all she wanted was for her friends to be there to comfort her.

But they were dead. No Gio to assure her that everything was alright, or Marcus to cradle her and just treat her with dignity and respect. Torii was alone, and that was worse than anything.

Audette let out a long sigh. She had been standing behind Torii for some time, she knew, but she didn't care as long as the woman said nothing. Now, she did speak, and it was far from what Torii wanted to hear.

"You know the reason why I got my augs?"

Torii didn't respond. Audette chuckled. "My best friend was an aug. She had eyes that could put a hawk's to shame. Those eyes didn't save her when the building we were guarding exploded one night, though. It was a freak accident, or so the news said. You wanna know what really happened? Terrorists. We were called in because some prick had pissed off the wrong people, and next thing you know you got a couple of pissed off Haji's runnin' around the place. I was outside when it blew, chasing one of the fuckers. My friend? We swapped glances for barely a second before the fucker blew himself to bits."

Torii shuddered. Why was Audette saying this? Was this supoosed to help? It wasn't.

Audette paused. "I got hurt pretty bad. Eyes and shrapnel don't mix....neither does your apendix, but what are those good for anyways? Well, long story short, my friend died right in front of my eyes, and there was no stopping it. I was too damn slow on the draw, got distracted. Look, Girl, people die. People close to you die. I heard you wailing back here, and I'm just gonna say that it's better to suck it up and don't crumble. That's my advice."

Torii stood up; she was in the other woman's face in an instant. "You want me to just pretend like nothing bad happened? Becaus that's fucking stupid, Audette! Why the [i]fuck [/] should I just suck it up?! You lost your friend, and act like some hardass because that's easier for you, but not me! I played the hardass for seventeen goddamn years, and I got sick of it, so that's why I cry, so don't you fucking tell me to go back to getting used to it all. Gio and Marcus were MY best friends, the best I ever had! I loved them, damnit!"

She wanted to say more. She wanted to keep letting loose on Audette, but...

She just couldn't. Torii's energy and vigor sapped away again. "I loved her. I...I wanted to say that so bad. She was the one I protected. Marcus? He was my hero, because he could do what I couldn't. They were my anchors, Audette. I don't know what do to anymore."

An uneasy, deafening silence settled between them, and they stood for a minute longer before Audette slipped a pack of cigarettes from her back pocket. She lit one; Torii took another, and they took a few minutes to simply think and recuperate.

Finally, Audette broke the ice again. "Let's get something to drink. I think you deserve a good shot of whiskey or two anyways."

Well, they had certainly gotten a few drinks in. It was a very, very short walk to the pub, and to the bar itself. Now without the baby, and with Audette being old enough to get the hard stuff, there was nothing stopping them from drinking their sorrows away. Torii, at least, had felt her worries melt away; it had been a few years since she had anything stronger than beer, and Audette was used to slamming down hard liqour regularly, so she wasn't affected badly. It was a bit of a shock, at least, to see the two women exit the pub, Audette chuckling and looking over the younger woman, who was struggling to walk a straight line, babbling on. "You know, you said you'd say how you got your eyes, but you just rambled about your friend.", She said, her words slurred. Audette shrugged. What can I say? I'm not a motivational speaker. I shoot shit."

The two continued to talk, though Torii found herself feeling a little too dizzy, and so she sat down on a bench, unknowingly right next to Miyuki. Audette snickered and shot them both a look before pointing back. "Hey, I'm gonna go get some more drinks. Torii...take care, Kid. Don't puke."

She walked back off, back towards the pub, while Torii stared off into space, her head bobbing just slightly to each side.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Mon May 30, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Konayama Miyuki

If one were to turn towards the bench, it was a truly depressing sight. A girl wasted and lying on the bench, and another on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Miyuki was stunned when a tipsy female say next to her, but it helped that it was a human. Not that Miyuki was xenophobic, she has a favourable disposition towards Margahl, but too many anomalies in an already alien world might just break the girl.

"Er... Er..." Miyuki said as she put her book to the side, fingers wrapping around each other as she fidgeted nervously.

What do I do now?
She's drunk isn't she?
Well, she might have been affected by the recent events...
...Events which I have little idea about!
How can I comfort her?
What should I say?

Miyuki's hands trembled as she took a look at the girl, who could not be much younger than she was. A peek at her feminine body has Miyuki smiling, they were almost made in the same mold. She was not much of a counselor, but she did have experience talking with dozens of juniors. As much as she regretted, Miyuki knows that this would be her first step to redeeming herself. No longer does she have a rival to focus her time and attention on, but people around her who needed help.

Thousands who knew her back home lined up to shake her hand and have a chat of six seconds... Miyuki hoped that the charisma she possessed would be applicable here...

"Hi!" Miyuki said, shifting herself closer to Torii. "Hi... are you alright?"
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon May 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Bench

"Hmm?", Torii shifted and glanced towards the unfamiliar woman. She realized that she was probably not the most presentable at the moment, and was embarassed enough to immediately straighten her back and try to not look so depressing. She couldn't hide a bit of a blush, however.

"I-I'm fine, Ma'am.", She said. "Just a bit tipsy. My friend...my neighbor took me for drinks. I'm having a bad day."

She bit her lip, fighting back the sudden urge to start crying again. She was disheveled, with the white tanktop she was wearing being ruffled and her jacket looking ragged. She smelled just vaguely of alcohol, smoke, sweat, and vanilla perfume, and perhaps just a bit of dust from the building, and her eyes...

Torii always had wide, anxious, hooeful eyes. Now, however, she just looked tired and empty.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon May 30, 2016 8:49 pm

Konayama Miyuki
Bench

Miyuki nodded slowly, sensing that the stranger did not wish to speak much. However, she was in pain. Sadness, sorrow, depression. The girl might not have all these in her, but Miyuki could sense that the consumption of alcohol has got to do with either of these three factors. Truly dangerous if left unchecked and left only to the influences of drinking.

Nodding again, Miyuki took off her coat, a white coat of soft wool, and placed it over the tipsy girl. Hoping that the girl would not give her a backhand, Miyuki rested a gloved hand on the girl's shoulder, looking at the sky as she began to sing. Her heart cried for resolution, for the sadness to be purged. For joy and hope to fill this girl's heart, for her mood to be lifted. Whatever she was hearing, Miyuki hoped that it did the girl well.

A few minutes later, Miyuki stopped. She could feel a small strain in her throat, but mostly ignored it. Turning to the girl, Miyuki bent and looked into her eyes before asking again.

"Are you alright? Are you feeling better?"
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon May 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Torii did not flinch. She actually felt a bit more comfortable as the woman tried to make her feel better. The drinks only helped to numb the pain, but Torii could never really become numbed to what she was feeling.

And then, singing. It surprised Torii at first. Then, she understood, and relaxed while Miyuki sang. It was nice; a complete stranger was soothing her, and for what? She didn't know why Torii was upset, but she still tried to make her feel better. Torii didn't understand why, but she decided that she liked the woman.

"I'm feeling better.", She nodded. "I lost a person I loved very much today. I'm glad that someone could help me, like you just did."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon May 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Clinic
Rmwtyliin's lips were pushed out; a shrug.  She let them relax back to normal, glancing at those resting and using a lower volume.  "Thanks!  I am glad to help -"  Another grin from Rmwtyliin, as she realized that she did know roughly how.  "Lie down."  The exam table wasn't available.  "Do we have blank - never mind.  Sit."  She pushed her lips out again.  A blanket on the floor would not make for easy checking. 

Seeing her patient seated, Rmwtyliin continued, kneeling.  "I am going to check you, as thoroughly as I can without embarrassment..."  The instant she finished talking, her fingers were on Otonako's left leg, applying pressure firmly enough to be noticeable if lingering wounds existed.    Due to the necessity of going through Duncan, Otonako had little warning or explanation until several seconds after Rmwtyliin started, and the continued comments likewise experienced the lag.

"You know that I am starting with your leg.  It seems sensible to - oh, poop, which leg was it?  Tell me if you feel pain."  The fact that I cannot tell is encouraging.  The plastic of the gloves she'd donned would feel smooth.  As she prodded, she looked for bruising, scratches, or any other indicators of any wounds whatsoever.  These would likely would receive little special treatment; cataloguing still seemed sensible, as did ointment and gentleness.  An obvious wound wouldn't be purposefully poked, although nearby flesh might.

Having fallen into the rhythm and counting, Rmwtyliin was surprised to realize that she was halfway up Otonako's thigh.  Next and done!  Thirty-eight.  And yet...twice a prime...130,131!  Perfect.  Three more presses on the back of the woman's leg and Rmwtyliin could relax, knowing that the number had been by Fvaarniimarn standards quite auspicious.  Shaking out her hand, she started on the other, rather hoping that the arms would prove unnecessary.  Otonako likely was finding the leg examination similar to a light massage.

---

Reflexively, Nick curved towards Sterling's touch, relaxing. Deep in dreams, he didn't quite perceive it. It was a comfort nonetheless; terror faded to anxiety. He snoozed on.  Fortunately, he was doing so quietly.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon May 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Konayama Miyuki
Bench

Sometimes when I was alone, I would cry in frustration, in sadness. Why her, why is it always her, and not me? Have I not done enough, worked enough? How much more do they demand of me and my fans? But I understood, that there could only be one winner, one Center, and there will be the time when I have to let go, and allow the younger generation to spread their wings and fly. Enough tears, enough sorrow. It's time to help them rise.

- Konayama Miyuki, Interview.

Miyuki nodded, patting the girl softly on her head, stroking her hair as the idol shifted closer to the stranger. She was glad, glad that her song could help despite that small strain she felt in her throat. No matter, perhaps some water and milk would help, and Miyuki would share it with her new friend too.

Friend? Miyuki blinked. All her life she was surrounded by... Fans... Rivals... Haters. Friends... it was a pretty alien concept for the idol, but of course, what isn't alien in this world?

"There there." Miyuki said. "If you are feeling sad, drinking would not help. Crying does, but sometimes we cry until we slump against the wall, tired." Remembering that she does have a bottle of water from the pub, Miyuki took it out and uncapped it, taking a small swig of fresh water, before passing it to the girl.

"Come on, drink. It will help you. My name is Konayama Miyuki, I'm new here."

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue May 31, 2016 3:54 am

Tora,
Bench

Torii looked sideways at Miyuki, and, for a moment, just sat there. Finally, she accepted the bottle and took a swig, before passing it back, of course. She hated to admit that she felt better just by being patted. It reminded her of how another friend would tussle her hair when she was younger.

Well, an ex-friend. She could never really trust men with relationships after that. Maybe that was an issue that needed resolving...

"I'm Tora.", She croaked. "But most people call me Torii. I prefer that name."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 am

Miyuki
Bench

"Tora. Torii. Both are nice names." Miyuki said as she took her hands off Tora, adjusting the gloves as she tried to make them more comfortable. "I hope we can be friends! I... I was with a few others but they were busy, and I would like to help somewhere... I heard what happened and... I feel so helpless..."

Miyuki's tone was one filled with determination, and was reflected in her eyes. Her experiences in the bar, and here has told her that her voice has some magical properties. Alright, not her voice, but her song. If she'd sing as normal, people would clap and be awed. But her magic reaches out to every individual in their own unique way.

"If there is anything, anything, that I can do, please, do tell me."

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue May 31, 2016 1:51 pm

The Clinic

"No problem!" Otonako smiled.

She had to admit, all the leg-feeling was a little odd but her legs felt ok and the feeling was kind of massaging.

"Dude, what's she doing? It feels good though... I think I'm better off not to question it."

"My legs feel great Rmw, if you'll let me call you that? I mean, my right leg's a little bashed still, but it's better than it would've been without treatment."

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue May 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Relikai wrote:Miyuki
Bench

"Tora. Torii. Both are nice names." Miyuki said as she took her hands off Tora, adjusting the gloves as she tried to make them more comfortable. "I hope we can be friends! I... I was with a few others but they were busy, and I would like to help somewhere... I heard what happened and... I feel so helpless..."

Miyuki's tone was one filled with determination, and was reflected in her eyes. Her experiences in the bar, and here has told her that her voice has some magical properties. Alright, not her voice, but her song. If she'd sing as normal, people would clap and be awed. But her magic reaches out to every individual in their own unique way.

"If there is anything, anything, that I can do, please, do tell me."

"You're lucky.", Torii mumbled. Only heard. Yeah, right. Torii had been there, and even then she couldn't do a damn thing. She didn't do a damn thing, and then she was unable to help her own friends.

"I honestly don't know how you can help me.", She said, avoiding the woman's gaze. "I just-"

She bit her tongue. I'm useless. It should've been me. I wouldn't have been missed anyways."

God, her head hurt. Wait, no...it didn't hurt, but it did feel light, and weird...it hurt a little? Torii had hardly noticed, being too caught up in worry and grief. She tried shaking it all away.

Approaching behind Amanda and Sakarias, as she noticed something distinctly "off" about the new guy, another woman swooped in from the side of their table. Beer in hand, Audette greeted them, not so much as breaking her nonchalant grin. "Afternoon. I've seen y'all around, right?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse