NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life: EPIC (IC Thread XI) [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon May 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Sakarias did his best to help the injured down to the hospital, including Oto. His strength came very much in handy given that he could properly carry people up and down the stairs without tiring much at all. The whole thing about not really having a way to tire and all that. It'd been a long hour for their little group and he was just glad everyone had made it out of the little cavern without being crushed. He was more than a little banged up though, and his mind weary by the whole ordeal. Even if his body didn't tire, sometimes his mind did, especially through times of stress like this. So once he had helped people get settled, the synth made his way outside to where people were gathering from the evacuation order.

"Trapped people got out, making a quick pitstop at the hospital to properly dress wounds and damage. I'm a bit exempt given I'm not biological, repairs can wait for me." He mentioned to those there, mainly this woman wearing what seemed to be leather and looking in charge, before he sat down on the ground and worked at cleaning out some of the dust and grit from inside his panels.

Meanwhile Sterling nodded his assent to the plan proposed by Insidious. "Sounds good. Though we may want to wait a bit, I swear the dust falling down is a bit too regular to be from it just creaking and cracking. Might be someone still up on that floor and us letting them drop could seriously hurt them. Someone might want to go check if there's anyone on the floor above before we go ahead with the plan."
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Floor 7

Torii was ready to help out, though it seemed that Otonako and Sakarias were fine without her - a bit disheartening. She needed to help out. "Is anyone else still hurt up there? Kale?", She called out. "I can help Kale, it's no probl-"

Torii felt the sudden jerk and wheeze in her lungs. She coughed loudly for a moment, and had to catch her breath. The dust was getting to her. "What can I do? I'm ready to help over here!", She said, starting back towards the top of the stairs. "Can anyone else go up there? I'll gladly help her, or downstairs."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon May 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Airborne, Over the Freywold

Sunny spring days made for fine ambles, in as much as it was hard to call a flight that was almost as much gliding as flapping anything else. Ambles were good times for reflection, and Sandy desperately needed that: his life had been rush-rush-rush since they returned from pacifying Varg.

While he'd spent most of his time working with the healers, running those willing through drills and exercises, what occupied his mind the most was magic. Studying with Alexia and Anais had opened his eyes to a much wider world of magical practice. Old Sam showed him even more, even if he sometimes did little more than pose conundrums.

Old Sam's riddles usually led somewhere interesting, though it was usually somewhere deep in magic-theory land. Yesterday, one led to Hammerfall. At least now Sandy knew it had an answer, though he was no closer to solving it than before. The dwarves he talked to were almost as baffled as he was. Fortunately, there were a few other people he could--

Sandy's reverie was broken by a distant thunderclap, and his eyes and ears sought the source. His eyes found it first: dark smoke poured from an upper floor of the Building. His amble over, Sandy dug his wings into the wind and raced for home.

Nearing the Building, Sandy made out four figures in the garden. The redhead must be Blackwater, but the armored man didn't look familiar. Neither did the … android? The person on the ground could only be a patient, but from the angles of her limbs and the lack of attention the others were showing her, Sandy had to conclude she was dead. Nonetheless, so long as there was the tiniest bit of doubt, he needed to check.

Sandy glided to a landing a few steps from them and transformed back into his normal, human self. His phone played a medley of sounds as it changed back with him and found the techpriests' network: an emergency klaxon, chimes, and various beeps and pings, an audio catalog of the different messages he'd received since he took off in Hammerfall.

Despite Enali's horrific appearance, Sandy knelt by her, slipped off his backpack, and pulled an emergency kit from its outer pocket. Pulling on exam gloves, he ran thru the first responder checklist: airway... clear as far as he could tell, breathing... nope, circulation... he sought a carotid pulse just under her jawline. Nada. Her skin was already cooling, and tiny bits of it came away on Sandy's gloved fingers as he gave up. She was dead, no doubt about it. Nothing Sandy or any of the healers could do for her.

Defeated, Sandy sighed heavily and rocked back into a squatting position. He then fished a washcloth from his pack, and spread it over Enali's face. It wasn't much respect for the dead, but it was the best he could do.

He seemed to finally notice Blackwater and the others, looking up at the latter two without recognition, then studying Blackwater's oddly older face and her strands of grey hair. His eyes were full of questions, but for a change, he stayed on the important topic, nodding in the direction of the Building before asking her questions. “What happened? What's going on in there?”
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Tue May 03, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue May 03, 2016 1:39 pm

The Hospital

"Thanks Sakarias," she smiled at him. "It's good to see that they know how to get things done here... In fact I should tell them that- might give them a boost after things falling through, I've certainly had my fair share of that recently. Though I doubt this is all over yet, we still haven't found the culprit." Otonako's hair went blue; her emotions were sorting themselves out, relaxing a little. She was back in the room after all her daydreaming.

"Hey, um, guys," Otonako sat down on a hospital bed with pristine white sheets, "I just wanted to say, you've done a great job of organising stuff so far. Thanks for sorting me out, both with getting here and with my injuries, you've been a great help." "Jeez, that was a little deep. Probably just my sympathetic mind control kicking in."

"Anyway," she coughed, "What happens after we're all healed up, if there's a plan? I think I kinda blanked again, not sure whether it's this head thing or if it's just me naturally- probably a bit of both."
Last edited by CAT XIII on Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue May 03, 2016 6:21 pm

OUTSIDE

"-Your healers sprung into action," Minerva gestured towards the Building's front doors, quickly outlining the events for Sandy as Deuce lifted the dead woman from the damp earth. "They should have brought the injured to the hospital by now. A general evacuation order went out as well. I'm not seeing too many emerging."

This was true enough. Volker had propped the doors open and stood on the stoop with a clipboard in hand. Residents had trickled out, though most were people who were seldom seen. A few regarded the approaching group. Deuce, Sandy and Sakarias were unfamiliar faces to them. The Space Marine broke away and headed towards the back of the Building, and to the garden floor where Enali would be placed until proper burial.

"I'm sure Amanda is fine,' Minerva continued, taking the front steps two at a time. "I haven't heard to the contrary."

She paused on the stoop, then turned to face the remaining pair. "Sandy, this is Sakarias. New arrival. Sakarias, Sandy is one of our healers."

TUBS

Meps clambered aboard Nila's tub. The form of transportation was completely unrecognizable to her, and all references to a Building and Residents were lost on the lizard. The tubs set off at once, their shower curtains billowing to catch the wind. The trip was smooth and much quicker than usual. Sparkling ocean water raced past far below them, and then the beach appeared on the horizon. This was followed by grassy fields and densely packed forests, and then another rolling expanse. Soon an altogether odd structure came into view.

It would appear as whatever attractive design Miyuki fancied. Normally. At the moment, it had a horrible gash along one side, and black smoke billowed out from the hole. People clustered on the gravel and grass beyond the structure's front. Others had gathered on the roof to peer over the edge. The tubs coasted in and landed on the grass, patiently waited for Residents to disembark, and then floated up to the roof to tether themselves along the side of Bran's hangar.

"Oh, there's Captain Blackwater," Nila pointed a reptilian finger at the red haired woman on the front steps. The woman in tight leather seemed engrossed in conversation though her eyes momentarily met Romulus' gaze. Minerva lifted a pale hand in greeting before turning her attention back to Sandy and Sakarias.

The construct then gestured to the man on the front stoop. He seemed from the wrong time period - a Nazi in a grey woolen uniform holding a clipboard. The emblems weren't swastikas however, should the newcomers choose to look closely. "You should both see Volker," Nila advised. "He hands out apartment keys. Very nice man. But I think that will have to wait until the emergency is settled. Have either of you first aid training or magic?"

ZOMBIES

"SkyWishes, wait for u- oh!" Yuna's hoofs clattered against rocks and ice as she pulled herself to a stop. The princess-priestess wasn't much of a fighter. Normally she would take to the air to avoid the confrontation. Not today, Earth Pony. The cultist neophyte squeaked as a zombie pony stumbled from the bushes directly in front of her.

"Kill it, you silly ass!" Rache's words tore across the clearing as he sensed her arrival. He hadn't time to spare for her. A cultist was a cultist. It was time to stop being such a fucking pussy. He spun upwards with a heavy flap of his wings, then dove towards a zombie, barreling into it moments before it could lash out at the Earth Pony with golden masks on his flanks. Rache presumed it was Aegis, given that cutie mark and the brutality of his attack.

Whether it was instinct or good planning on Yuna's part was hard to tell. She spun just as the zombie's head swung towards her. Back feet connected with the zombie's skull, cracking its teeth and sending its head flying into the bushes. The princess didn't stop to ponder it. There were more to fight.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Hospital
Nick grumpily squirmed awake, wishing he could in good conscience ask the girls to be quiet.  Yes, girls.  Rmwtyliin had a tendency to sing or hum quietly while working, and she was working rather close to his sensitive ears.

Otonako mentioned Residents being a great help.  Torii.  Where was Torii?!  She had carried - "Otonako?  Do you know where she is?!"  That hadn't come out right.  "Torii.  She carried you..." Nick regretted having left her, but it had seemed best to slide down the banisters instead of being constantly underfoot.
-
Rmwtyliin (after a few seconds wait for the sleepy cat, or any other more experienced creature, to speak up) answered, pushing out her lips as she started unbandaging Otonako's leg.  "Our next step is to get out of here!  We can do that faster if everyone can run, and I think travelling as a group will be safer."  Particularly for people who couldn't shrug off wounds, or magically clear their way.
-
There was something, the sleepy cat knew, which he needed to remember about Otonako.  Sleep.  Wake.  Hard to wake - "Pour some on her head."  With that, he jumped onto the bed, now near Otonako, which he'd claimed originally. Flicking his tail over his shut eyes, he waited for Otonako's news of his friend before going to sleep - hopefully for several minutes this time.
-
After replacing the bandages as well as she could, Rmwtyliin upended jar number four over the woman, who had after all mentioned a "head thing" before the cat had.  Giovenith's mist would soon harden on Otonako's head wound.  Hopefully that would be sufficient to heal her concussion.

Returning to Elka, the teenager noticed that patches of her still-snoozing acquaintance's foot seemed rather less blue.  Her eyebrows flew up.  "Does that mean it is working?"  Nick, at least, didn't answer.
---
Lobby Thereof
Upon Sakarias' abrupt exit, the Arkadacians had decided that even while resting they could help out.  Drawing out some sort of writing material, they started listing those whom they'd noticed passing; the list currently stated that Sakarias had apparently left and that two human girls, a Reil girl, and a cat were occupying the hospital.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Outside

On their descent down, Romulus saw as clear as day from his tub the large smoky and burning wound on the side of the Building. It made him reminisced briefly the countless times he had witnessed pure destruction on his campaigns, and even the ones that he had ordered himself. While he had since grown a lot of desensitization for it over his 17 years of service, realizing the fact that it had been months since he had even ordered a single bombing made him a tad startled by now to have known that he had grown so used to unremorsefully destroying anything that came in his army's path that met them with resistance and wasn't a part of the Wilhelm Imperium.

Once the tub landed, the General had immediately disembarked and made his way towards where Captain Blackwater and others were at. As he had made his way to them, he noted that it appeared that most of the residents had made their way out of the Building, and noted as well just how worse for wear the building looked more up close. "Delta's missions have been completed, Minerva, but what's our situation here? I need reports on our current causalities and status of evac, like how many people are still in there and who? And by Wilhelm tell me if this thing is gonna run the chance of collapsing on us or not, because we need to get these people away from the Building in the event that happens." He said to her once he had gotten to them, with a concerned tone in his voice.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Brit and Chrys

The light from the open passage in Platinum's quarters grew dimmer and dimmer as the small team of magical explorers made their way down the narrow tunnel and into the darkness. Soon the light and the Lady Lightly were gone from reach, and though they had their auras and their goggles to guide them along, they found that much like Brit had felt before the darkness had a suffocating effect.

It didn't help that the tunnels were crowded for a band of four ponies. Brit and Chrys were encouraged to take the lead for their knowledge and possession of a weapon respectively, while Clover hung back analyzing her map and various magical gadgetry and consistently informing Platinum of various jargon that likely only made sense to her. It was all very eerie, but not too terribly threatening, not when braving it all in the presence of friendly company. Right?

"We have to remember that this is a very newly discovered form of magic," Clover told them all as she inspected her magic hologram map. "If anything happens we'll have to play it off the top of our heads."

"That's why I want to make this as quick as possible," Platinum said, though her tone was concerned rather than demanding. "We make sure that this... whatever it is, can't hurt my city, and then we go. No sticking around for science, it's too dangerous."

"Yes, yes, yes," the young magician nodded, though her eyes remained on the map. It seemed a bit dismissive. "Alright, about twenty trots up we'll find an obvious turn, and if we go down that, it should be a fairly straight forward to the rest of the..."

Something caught the corner of Clover the Clever's eye, cutting off her sentence and drawing her gaze upward. It would be hard for the others to miss it, as it was coming from round the very corner Clover had pointed out, a glow that of a blacklight, washing the ponies' various colors in "neon-ified" tint. Slowly and carefully the group approached and peaked round at the source of the mysterious glow: crystals.

Black crystals. The light that emanated from within them gave off the obviously named black light effect, and they grew out from all along the walls and ceiling of the tunnel. Beyond them though was a bricked-off dead end.

Clover looked between the dead end and her map. "But how can this be? I've updated this thing several times..."

"Are these supposed to grow down here?" the princess asked, folding her ears in slight fear and looking at the crystals. They were beautiful, but they unsettled her. The magic was strong enough to spawn luminescent gems?

"I don't think so," the magician said, turning on and off her map several times to see if it would change itself. "Brit, do you remember anything about-"

The green unicorn was interrupted yet again, but this time by a deep rumbling sound and the soft shaking of the walls around them. It was different from the rumbling that had brought on the visions to Brit last time though, and it's source was soon revealed as the bricks of the dead end broke away and folded on themselves to turn into three new passages, all also lit by the black crystals.

Platinum's eyes widened, and she looked back and forth between all three of the other ponies. "I didn't know the labyrinth was enchanted to change..."

"It's not," Clover answered, stunned. Her eyes narrowed. "This is very deep magic. I knew it might be powerful, but I never expected this level."

"What level is that?"

"If I had to compare to the latest edition of Meadowbrook the Charmed's papers on Saggitarean crosszaps, it would link somewhere between the first line of..."

The jargon continued on, but within Chrys' hearing, something very different would be going on. It was small at first, easily mistaken for just some odd echo coming from the ponies' presence, but it soon began to get louder, and louder. But none of the others could hear it, even when it overwhelmed the Conservapony's own senses. It was screaming, pleas for assistance, in a distinct and familiar German accent, coming from the tunnel on the furthest most right...

"Is there anything else you remember, Brit?" Platinum asked the cadet, still deaf to the Hans screams for Chrys.

The effect on the Conservapony was predictable. In a very real sense, she held sway over elemental powers - and elemental powers held sway over her. All inklings of innocent curiosity about what Clover might have been referring to, and the magician's apparent confusion about the presence of the self-folding brick walls. vanished as she turned in the direction of the dreadful crescendo. Not that she was aware of any of the changes she now manifested; not the changes that usually came over her. The unicorn's eyes widened, dilated as in the grip of primal terror rather than bloodlust or rage. Mirare swept out of its sheath, but hovered close, held over Chrys' head by her unicorn magic.

And she charged down the tunnel, heedless of all else. Companions, promises, mysteries - all lay behind her, discarded, forgotten.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 04, 2016 6:53 am

Brit was lost in transition when everything had moved around. She had several modes of personality that she separated and switched to here and there. Now, it was time for her to go into Officer mode. The leadership and strategic teachings she'd learned from schools and books were to be used to their fullest at this point. She was, after all, leading the charge on this one. She looked between the crystals.

"Umbrum...?" She tried recalling the name Arrow gave it. Well, the name wasn't important. What was important was to get the ball rolling. "Okay, so-" She turned around to Clover and Platinum. "You two will be the rear guard while Chrys and I take point. We'll need to stay together and keep track of one another. We split up and we put ourselves in danger and that's not something we can afford to do in this place. I also want you two to make conversation with us. I don't really care what it's about but we need to keep our thoughts rolling. This place screws with your mind, so anything we can do to make it harder for it to do that is going to pay off a lot more than we know. We'll try to find something but until then we'll just have to keep on the move. Chrys, I need yo-"

When Brit turned to look to her partner, she could only just barely catch a glimpse of her tail moving down the dark tunnel. For about a second, she blanked, before her mind processed what had occurred and sent the alarms blaring to the command hamster at the wheel.

"Oh, shit." She hopped forward a few steps before turning back to the other two. "STAY ON MY ASS, LET'S MOVE!" She barked before she took off after her friend, hopefully with Clover and the Princess hot on her hooves.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu May 05, 2016 11:16 am

"Nice to meet you, Sandy." Sakarias piped up with a nod, the synth standing up and offering a dust-covered hand to the man. Despite being unusually dust covered he was relatively obviously not human, though at first glance Sandy might have been fooled by his appearance would it not have been for the large hole in his 'skin' over the left side of his neck and shoulder. His movements were accompanied with whirring of servos, though it seemed unusually labored and creaky compared to how robotics normally sounded. The expressions on his face seemed realistic enough though, as he glanced over the newcomers. A small fuzzy thing, a few lizardlike things, a massive man in armor, and this normal looking human. "As she says, I'm new here. Quite an interesting first day living here, do these explosions happen often?"

Maghrl bounded over, looking intently at the obviously robotic humanoid. "Droid? Nono.... Too real-lookie for droid... Something more, yes yes yes." He muttered to himself, bewildering the synth by rubbing his purple furred face up against what he could reach to get more information. Sakarias was looking down at him in utter bewilderment, wondering what was up with this strange little humanoid who insisted rubbing up against him and was talking too much to allow him to ask why.

"Very koovy, you bets. Oh yes yes. Maghrl." The little alien pointed to himself, "Nice meet-see droidman. What name?"

"Sakarias?" The synth responded slowly, dusting off his clothes a bit more while the now slightly dusty alien kept looking over the synth and occasionally rubbing his face against his legs. This was almost surreal....

"Human name? Stranger yet stranger!"
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Thu May 05, 2016 11:30 am

The Hospital

Otonako thought for a moment,

"Erm, I think she went back upstairs Nick." She patted him without getting jumpy this time.

She looked at Rmwtyliin properly for the first time, she smelled of tea and her hair was interesting. "What is that on her forehead?"

"Thanks," she said to her, "I feel a lot better now." She wanted to get up but she didn't think it was a good idea yet, she just stroked Nick instead.
Last edited by CAT XIII on Thu May 05, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu May 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Konayama Miyuki

Miyuki carefully stepped off the tub, looking at the surroundings. People were injured, and there was a request for healing or magic. Being new, Miyuki had little idea what that meant but... somehow... she knew how to weave her songs into something of greater effect than just normal singing.

"I-I can try!" Miyuki said as she stepped forward, grasping her songbook. She had a head full of songs from her preparation for the concert earlier, a mix of songs meant to invigorate her allies, while resting or actively working.

Miyuki took another step forward, volunteering herself to help the injured. "I'm new here, but please do guide me. I want to help."
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 pm

OUTSIDE
Cerillium wrote:
"-Your healers sprung into action," Minerva gestured towards the Building's front doors, quickly outlining the events for Sandy as Deuce lifted the dead woman from the damp earth. "They should have brought the injured to the hospital by now. A general evacuation order went out as well. I'm not seeing too many emerging."

Sandy nodded as Blackwater spoke, visibly pleased that the healers had done so well. The situation seemed to be well in hand -- at least as well in hand as could be expected for an explosion that blew somebody through the Building's front wall -- so Sandy saw no reason to try to fix what wasn't broken.

Cerillium wrote:"I'm sure Amanda is fine,' Minerva continued, taking the front steps two at a time. "I haven't heard to the contrary."

"Oh, I'm sure she's fine", Sandy called to the departing cultist, flashing a grin. "She's in Ascalon."

Holy Lykos wrote:"Nice to meet you, Sandy." Sakarias piped up with a nod, the synth standing up and offering a dust-covered hand to the man. [...]"As she says, I'm new here. Quite an interesting first day living here, do these explosions happen often?"

Sandy peeled off his gloves as he rose to his feet, then shook the synth's hand. "I can't say there's ever been anything like this before. There was some trouble with an elevator some months ago, but nothing --" Sandy was cut off by Maghrl's enthusiastic greeting.

Holy Lykos wrote:Maghrl bounded over, looking intently at the obviously robotic humanoid. "Droid? Nono.... [...]

"Sakarias?" The synth responded slowly, dusting off his clothes a bit more while the now slightly dusty alien kept looking over the synth and occasionally rubbing his face against his legs. This was almost surreal....

"Human name? Stranger yet stranger!"

Sandy could only look on in amusement as the squib practically humped the machine-man's leg. Sandy did manage to keep his reaction to a sympathetic smile, while he tried to figure out what to say to Sakarias. He was clearly from a society more technically advanced than Sandy's own, but he seemed a bit battered, even besides his recent coating of dust. Sandy wasn't sure how that fit together.

Sandy tried a safe topic, gesturing at the synth's violin case: "You're a musician?"

Relikai wrote:"I-I can try!" Miyuki said as she stepped forward, grasping her songbook. She had a head full of songs from her preparation for the concert earlier, a mix of songs meant to invigorate her allies, while resting or actively working.

Miyuki took another step forward, volunteering herself to help the injured. "I'm new here, but please do guide me. I want to help."

Sandy looked over at Miyuki as she addressed Volker, then turned back to Sakarias and Maghrl. "My apologies, Sakarias, duty calls. Blackwater left out a small detail: I'm not just one of our healers, I'm in charge of them. I, uh... should see how the new arrival can help us. Excuse me, and excuse me, Maghrl."

Sandy bent down to stuff his emergency kit back into his pack, then hoisted the pack on. He briskly walked over to Miyuki and introduced himself. "If you'd like to help us with the injured, I think I'm the best person to guide you. My name is Sandy Bela, and I'm the coordinator of our healers. Welcome to the Building!" He smiled broadly at her, then paused for a second to gather his thoughts. "I realize the situation is probably very confusing for you, but... you may have to help us on short notice. So, if may ask: what sort of help can you provide? Are you a doctor? Do you work magic? Or do you have another set of healing skills or abilities?"
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Thu May 05, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu May 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Hospital
Rmwtyliin kept her face still as she lamented her lack of powers and experience.  This new woman probably could do this as well as I could.  She stares at me.  Is something on my forehead?  She coughed. Her left hand twitched upwards.  The gesture, even aborted, brought to mind all the other times she'd lifted that hand to her forehead to trace -

Oh.  My tattoo.  Of course.  How could I have forgotten?

The Fvaarniimarn stood absolutely still for a moment - barely breathing, face betraying her shock and distress.  Yanking a glove off, she began tracing her tattoo.

Updownlikemountain.  Down - Glancing down, Rmwtyliin saw the jars she'd grabbed and bit her lip.  This has to wait.  They would say the same.  Right?  Grabbing a jar from the floor - red drowning in blue-violet - Rmwtyliin handed it to Otonako, clearing her throat.

"Unbandage your leg.  Pour it over.  NOW."  Rmwtyliin's voice had been high already, but the musician (if not only listening to the translation) would probably notice its increase in pitch and the now-terse tone.  If her condition had improved enough, she might even notice how lost the girl looked.

How can I be helpful enough? How can I make a difference soon enough for us all to leave safely?  Were I home - NO!  Stop.  As I was thinking, I am no more useful than -  Suddenly Rmwtyliin smiled.  If she was no more useful than the new Resident, that meant that the new Resident would be able to help equally well. 

"Come over here!  I need your help -"  It hurt her a little to admit it.  "Uh, yes, you."  She pointed to Otonako -

---

Nick - who had started pacing between lobby and hospital - nodded at the clarification and scurried back towards the hospital lobby.  More creaking...  Glancing nervously at the ceiling, the Arkadacians decided to follow Sakarias' example.  Nick, still pacing frantically, watched their slow descent with not a little bemusement.

"Why isn't anyone checking the elevators? They're faster, at least for groups."  Injured groups in particular.

---

- as she continued.  "I will..." Which task to delegate?  She hesitated to trust someone unsteady with something invaluable and fragile, but removing bandages quickly was more difficult than spilling something. "Unbandage.  When I tell you to, carefully open a jar and pour it over where I point." Fortunately, translation of one short word to another caused little delay.

If Otonako was going along with her sudden drafting, she'd be pointed to the remaining five jars, which were on the floor near Elka's bed, and admonished to absolutely not knock them over.  At first the pain in her leg might impair concentration, but that would quickly fade.

Rmwtyliin had continued to unbandage; the foot which had loosened a hinge was now uncovered, and she either was pouring on the seventh jar or Otonako was being directed to pour it over the foot.  Much of the mist coalesced around the previously splinted toe, which wasn't good news. The surrounding fur was stained red with blood.

As she cut the last of the bandages away and poured a second jar over that leg, Rmwtyliin realized that Elka would need to be flipped.  Now was where Otonako would be the most helpful.  Whether or not she'd refused originally, her help was requested again.  "Please help me turn Elka so she lies on her stomach."  (Again, refusal was an option; Rmwtyliin would successfully attempt to wake Elka but lose more time in the process.  If Otonako hadn't been helping to begin with, Elka would barely roll onto her back before time ran out.)

Now awake, Elka groaned.  The younger girl coughed. Assuming Otonako was helping...

Rmwtyliin looked at the two jars she'd picked up in the meantime.  They were down to three, it seemed... And Elka's foot had remained injured, although the toe was healed. "Do we have enough? I can grab more..." But doing so would take time, which they lacked. "We should try to use these first. One each on the backs of her legs, one on the foot..." Most of the leg wounds were covered by sparkly stuff, but Rmwtyliin didn't dare try and split a jar. As the foot was most crucial for walking, she'd started on it already. "I think I can hold another, but not open it."

---

Nick's pacing had taken him back to Elka. With a brief touch, whatever pain she still experienced temporarily faded. She stared into the pillow as his head turned.
"Oh, and remember to blink!" He sneezed.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Thu May 05, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 06, 2016 2:33 am

Nothing.

Or at least nothing conerning her, and with the injured moved down, Torii had what to contribute now? Marcus had things under control, Gio was brilliant, Insiduous had her medicines, and all the others had something unique to bring. At this point, Torii wouod just be a burden.

She wasn't needed here. Perhaps, she thought, downstairs would bring more opportunity. Otonako and Kale were being taken down, and Nick and Rmwtyllin had headed down with Sakarias. Maybe she could assist them? "Hey", She started, though she doubted anyone would hear her from the stairs. "I'm going dow-"

Her chest jerked back as she coughed again. The damn dust was getting to her. She hadn't had to put up with it in such a long time. She recovered and started moving. "I'm going downstairs to help there. If anything happens, please don't hesitate to get me."

She leaped down the stairs two steps at a time. She hoped that those on the 7th fooor and up would be fine. They WOULD be fine, she assured herself. Nobody else was getting hurt.

A minute or so later, a familiar voice echoed through the lobby. Torii came pacing out, mumbling to herself and trying to supress another little cough as she batted dust off of her shoulders and out of her hair.

Outside, Torii's sister was feeling even more useless. The young woman stood leaned against the wall outside, brooding. She'd not even been noticed, and was playing over the scene earlier in her head, picturing herself falling, her sister off to another mission of her own while she had nothing else to do but be complacent and follow the rest outside.

She bit her lip. She needed to find a purpose. Could she help the doctors and healers? She doubted it. She couldn't do anything. Who would need her, she thought.

She'd be best out of the way while the real adults took charge. This just wasn't her day.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri May 06, 2016 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Fri May 06, 2016 8:44 am

The Hospital

Otonako felt bad, she'd been staring at Rmwtyliin too long, she could tell she'd made her feel insecure. She tried to think of something to say but thankfully she broke the silence. Otonako listened to the instructions Rmwtyliin gave her and followed them carefully.

The leg cream didn't quite provide instantaneous relief but it sure did feel nice putting it on. She made sure she put enough on before giving the jar back to Rmwtyliin.

Otonako noticed her head had started to feel better, she was going to pass comment on it but then she noticed Rmwtyliin's expression. She looked like a raven flying on a detour in the sun- out of place and unsure of herself. She wondered if she was ok, maybe she hadn't done this before? "I dunno, it could be if she's calling me over right now. I should help her."

"Sure, what do you need me to do?" She asked, getting up too fast. She had to cover her eyes with her hand for a moment.

Rmwtyliin showed her the jars of medicine she was using to heal Elka's foot and Otonako handed them to her when she needed them, making sure she didn't drop them. Her leg hurt a little when she put pressure on it but she barely felt it.

"I hope Elka's alright," she thought.

She helped Rmwtyliin roll Elka over, standing by in case she needed her help again. "It's so nice to see everyone work together to do something positive after that war." she thought as Nick came in, relieving Elka's pain. Then she remembered how Rmwtyliin had looked,

"Are you ok?" she asked her, "You looked a bit meh."
Last edited by CAT XIII on Fri May 06, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri May 06, 2016 10:53 am

Fifth Floor
Was that - Nick sped up somewhat, rounding a corner and seeing -

"Torii!" The brown blur all but slammed into her. "Shit, I was so worried!" The sentiment might be difficult to hear; simultaneous loud meowing alternated with coughing and sneezing. However, he had another means of conveying it - apart from frantically nuzzling her foot, which he was doing.

Sniffing Tora, Nick nosed her leg. <areyouokayareyouokay?! Probably she is... You were gone awhile!! I'm really glad you're safe!> Feelings came through - extreme worry/concern, fear, relief.

---

"I am absolutely fine," Rmwtyliin snapped as the jar she was pouring emptied.  A few coughs allowed Duncan the rodentiform translator to catch up.  "Hold this over that leg - no, pour a line over the wounds."  Shoving the penultimate jar at Otonako, Rmwtyliin held it securely until the woman had a secure grip.  It soon became apparent that Rmwtyliin intended to do likewise over the leg she was next to.  The jars were opened.  "Now!"  Otonako might invert her jar a moment later as the command was translated.

Pouring gave Rmwtyliin a few moments to think over her actions.  This woman, whose name she had not even asked, had been incredibly helpful.  Even if she was a stranger, even if Rmwtyliin was upset that she had revealed so much, even if she was upset period, snapping like that had been mean and wrong.

"I apologize. I expect you just wanted to try to help. You have been very helpful already. It...it has been a long day. I forgot home for a few moments, and that hurt."

---

Elka was now mostly healed, and what hadn't been healed was healing. Using nine jars had probably been overkill, but it had done the job. Once the blue crust on her foot had vanished she would be mobile.

She groaned.

---

The exhausted and coughing Arkadacians frequently stopped to rest. Now halfway to the second floor, they were doing so again...
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri May 06, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri May 06, 2016 11:56 am

Collab - 7th Floor
Seeing signs of approval, or at least no signs of disapproval, Insidious made her way into the stairway with Giovenith and left room for any other nonessential persons to make their way past her on their way to the fifth floor. Her skin had taken on a purplish hue with subtle grey patterns as she tried to think through the situation in every possible way but realizing such a task was infeasible. Instead she chose to focus on people rather than worrying about things totally out of her control.

The rabbit wasted no time in bounding over to Kale, claws clicking on the floor-of-all-materials. Blinking twice, MB waved his ears in circles and then belly-crawled onto the plant girl’s feet.

“Everybody be careful,” Giovenith couldn’t help but urge as they rushed ahead. “We need to get out quick, but don’t strain your injuries!”

Insidious nodded and changed her skin to a traffic signal red shade as she crossed her fingers and gave a final role call.

“Alright final check. MB you in position?” Insidious asked.

Ready, he signed, nose and whiskers twitching in agitation.

“Kale you ready?”

“Good to go.”

“Sterling you prepared?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be, Ma’am!”

“Gio?”

“No choice but to be!”

“Alright, then i’m going to count down from from three and when I say one. I want you two to teleport. Okay?”

Insidious nodded one final time and began counting “3...2...1...”

With the countdown’s finish Sterling instantly dropped his telekinetic magical field, its dissipation letting him feel it starting to collapse under its own weight. After a brief moment of panic the Unicorn closed his eyes and focused on the location he intended, his horn flashing bright enough to obscure him from view for a moment. Less than a second later another flash appeared in the stairwell, followed by the sound of hooves landing on the landing Gio and Insidious were on.

“Here!” Sterling called out to make sure they knew he was all good, shaking his head softly. “That certainly wasn’t pleasant. I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes!”

With an answering red and blue flash, Kale and the furry hat of mischief appeared, the plant girl now seated on the Pony with MB’s paws over her eyes. Uncovering them, the rabbit disappeared again, reappearing in between Sterling’s head and the fez - which just about hid him from view.

“Oof. Oh hey there. Looks like I have passengers too!” Sterling blinked, glancing back at Kale and noting the extra weight on his head and assuming it was the rabbit. Strange little guy but he was welcome to stay as long as he didn’t try eating his hat or something of the sort. “Not used to passengers, but I’ll manage!”

Insidious was only barely listening to the teleporters instead focusing on the sound of breaking wood and plaster which signalled the slow collapse of the ceiling that had once been supported. A fresh cloud of plaster showered the hallway and the stress being placed on the building was audible.

With the other Residents clear, Luce moved forward now, hand raised to seemingly ‘push’ a translucent yellow field filling the entire width of the hallway. It wouldn’t have done to freeze them in with the ruined area, after all. Dora stood back away from him, closer to Anais, scanning the scene for anything unexpected.

“Let move folks. Everybody make? Anyone injured?” Insidious said leaping the stairs three at a time to get as far away from the collapsing area as possible. The rest of the group explained that we are relatively uninjured as they followed Insidious lead and eventually the entire group found itself in the fifth floor hospital.

Anais was glad the spirit had served its purpose, having seen determination rather than panic had taken over; she took a step back from the group, moving over to the summoned spirit in the hallway. The empty gaze of the ethereal being barely acknowledged her and its body moved languidly within the small circular confines of the ritualist’s power.

“Your task here is complete for now,” she whispered, waving a hand in front of it as she murmured a thanks and a prayer, sending the helpful being back to the ether. It would be called again soon.

Taking a deep breath after a moment of silence, she turned to voice her intent, knowing at least Luce and Dora would hear her having been closest to them. There were other matters to attend to, “I’m headed outside the building to set up a small triage area. See you downstairs.”

Giving an encouraging nod to Dora and Luce, Anais took the stairs and flew down upon it as fast her her sandals could take her.

“I’ll help,” Dora called out, moving in Anais’ wake. “It’s what I came here for originally.”

Collab made by Gio, NA, Tilt, Min and Carly
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Fri May 06, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Sandy bent down to stuff his emergency kit back into his pack, then hoisted the pack on. He briskly walked over to Miyuki and introduced himself. "If you'd like to help us with the injured, I think I'm the best person to guide you. My name is Sandy Bela, and I'm the coordinator of our healers. Welcome to the Building!" He smiled broadly at her, then paused for a second to gather his thoughts. "I realize the situation is probably very confusing for you, but... you may have to help us on short notice. So, if may ask: what sort of help can you provide? Are you a doctor? Do you work magic? Or do you have another set of healing skills or abilities?"

Miyuki gave a low bow to Sandy Bela, suddenly realising the lack of manners on her part.

"Konayama Miyuki desu." Miyuki said. "I... I can sing, the magic... might help to invigorate the healers, and ease the injuries of the wounded as they rest." Taking a flip through her songbook to understand her abilities better, she came across a note detailing the different musics, something to guide her better. Songs which improve the recovery of people as they rest, and songs which invigorates people as they work, or fight or anything. Her songs speak to the soul of those working, as Miyuki nodded, finishing the note.

"Unfortunately, I can only perform one at a time..." Miyuki said, wrapping her fingers around themselves as she placed the book back into her pack, fitting snugly by her side. "Do tell me where I can help, I will go immediately!"
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Fifth Floor
Was that - Nick sped up somewhat, rounding a corner and seeing -

"Torii!" The brown blur all but slammed into her. "Shit, I was so worried!" The sentiment might be difficult to hear; simultaneous loud meowing alternated with coughing and sneezing. However, he had another means of conveying it - apart from frantically nuzzling her foot, which he was doing.

Sniffing Tora, Nick nosed her leg. <areyouokayareyouokay?! Probably she is... You were gone awhile!! I'm really glad you're safe!> Feelings came through - extreme worry/concern, fear, relief.

Nick's worrying, though she felt guilty to admit it, did make her feel a bit better. She smiled and knelt down to pet her little friend once again, but pulled her arm back at the last second to cough up some more dust. "Sorry.", She finally replied with a weak smile. "I guess fighting and saving a man's life on top of lifting rubble in a dusty hall is draining on me, huh. Doesn't help that I haven't eaten today."

She patted Nick on the head and stood back up. She seemed upset, a little empty, defeated, on top of all of her worry and anxiety. "I didn't help much. Why can't I ever make a difference? I just need to get downstairs so I can let the adults do their jobs."

She shifted, uncomfortable, before looking back down at Nick and forcing another little smile. She enjoyed her friend's company. She may have been useless, but at least she still had good friends to make her feel a little less useless.

She sighed. "And to think, I was so close to being able to make a difference."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Sat May 07, 2016 12:26 am

The Hospital

Otonako looked down at her boots when Rmwtyliin snapped at her, she held the jar for her and she would've given it to her when she needed it.

"It's ok, I think it's been a hard day for everyone, and Lord knows I deserve it..." she trailed off, thinking of everything she'd done. "Jeez, I deserve more punishment. I should have saved them, I should've... No, this is a chance to prove that is not who I am. I'm helping people now, not fighting a pointless war."

"Are you feeling any better?" she asked Elka, attempting conversation with her. "Maybe that wasn't a good idea. She's still recovering."
Last edited by CAT XIII on Sat May 07, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat May 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Relikai wrote:Miyuki gave a low bow to Sandy Bela, suddenly realising the lack of manners on her part.

Oh, boy! The other Residents' politeness is already too much... What am I going to do with a Japanese woman who thinks I'm a person of some importance? Sandy never got a chance to answer his own thought, as the rest of what Miyuki said banished it from his mind.

Relikai wrote:"Konayama Miyuki desu." Miyuki said. "I... I can sing, the magic... might help to invigorate the healers, and ease the injuries of the wounded as they rest." [...] "Unfortunately, I can only perform one at a time..." Miyuki said, wrapping her fingers around themselves as she placed the book back into her pack, fitting snugly by her side. "Do tell me where I can help, I will go immediately!"

"Oooooh!" Sandy exclaimed with obvious delight. "Another magical talent I didn't have any idea existed! OK... I think we should... Let me try to explain what's happening."

Sandy seemed to glance upwards for some seconds while he figured out what to say, then described the situation in a measured voice. "There's been an explosion on the 8th floor of the Building. I didn't see it. I returned to the Building a little before you arrived, and I've only just been brought up to date myself. Other healers have rescued a number of injured people, and brought them -- or are bringing them -- to our hospital, which is on the 5th floor." Sandy gave Miyuki a moment to take that in.

"I don't know how many injured people there are, nor how seriously. I could easily call the hospital, but until I spoke to you, that seemed like a mistake. My job is keep the healers running smoothly. The others are doing just that, and I didn't want to distract them from their work, especially if there are people seriously injured. But knowing your abilities changes that conclusion."

"However, the Building is being evacuated, and I'd like to talk to another one of the Building's leaders before I call. If the other healers and the patients are being evacuated with everybody else, I don't want to confuse the situation by saying that we're coming up to the hospital."

"So, I'd like you to follow me so we can talk to Captain Blackwater, the red-haired woman on the porch. I realized I've just told you rather a lot, so I hope it all makes sense." Sandy waited for her reply, and hoped she was lighter on her feet than he was. In her shoes, he'd need a while to digest that.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat May 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:"So, I'd like you to follow me so we can talk to Captain Blackwater, the red-haired woman on the porch. I realized I've just told you rather a lot, so I hope it all makes sense." Sandy waited for her reply, and hoped she was lighter on her feet than he was. In her shoes, he'd need a while to digest that.

Miyuki's expression changed from a wide eyed mask of curiosity as she absorbed the information and the current situation, to one of determination as she heard of the wounded, those needing medical aid, as well as the healers who were doing their best to aid them with their efforts. However, her abilities were still alien to her. The definitions of what she can and could do came from a note, and she could only trust that as she begins her life in this new world.

Just like how she was when Miyuki first entered the entertainment industry. Without the pressure, without the competition, without the intense rivalry which she felt she ultimately lost. Even so, even if she felt she could no longer keep up with her rivals and decided to allow the younger generation to step up, she has tried to lead an example the best she could.

It's time to start anew here.

Her expression was one of determination. Miyuki's fingers wrapped around themselves again, but this time, she spoke with a clear voice full of conviction. "Yes. I will do my best. Please bring me to see the Captain, so she can lead our efforts better!"

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 am

With Dora by her side, Anais had flown down the stairs ahead of the group, through the lobby and to the outside. It was a different scene here and a relief of fresh air opposed to the dust ridden particulates that had clogged her nose minutes ago. It was a most needed change to her own lungs and a bigger relief to see her guild mates had spread across the field in a defensive position. She almost wanted to scoff at Alexia not joining the healers group, but the ritualist knew her smiting prayers could still make any attacker think twice, at least, in their attempt.

Surveying the area, she noted an overly large ostrich in a tan military uniform with a monocle, seemingly meandering about in the field. She frowned for a moment, but didn't give it (him? her?) more attention than required before the periphery caught her eye to Sandy and a new person.

"Sandy!" She said with relief to having their coordinator among them. She was proud of the emergency response team, and if there was ever a doubt among them or those trapped, Anais would be the first to defend their efforts. Still, it was a measure of comfort to know the head of the healers had returned.

"It seems fate took it easy upon you, Sandy. We've had quite the tumble," she greeted with a sardonic smile. Looking upon the newcomer, Anais bowed her head and continued, "Greetings, I'm Anais Adarah."

She turned her gaze once more upon the sorcerer, this time a subtle shift of a more serious note while she gave her succinct report, "The healers, along with Dora here, Luce, MB and Sterling, managed to get the wounded out. They may be in the hospital to assess any serious injuries. I'll be setting a small triage area..."

She scanned their vicinity, spotting a large tree and pointed in that direction, "There. They did well, Sandy," she said with a brighter smile filled with hope and enthusiasm to the success of the Residents, healers and non-healers alike.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun May 08, 2016 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 08, 2016 3:25 am

Brit and Chrys

" 'Umbrum' means 'dark,' " Platinum noted, displaying what was honestly only a bare minimum of knowledge of Old Language. She'd wasted much a time during that class, to her now regret. The light lavender of her eyes was eerily lit by the crystalline blacklight as they drifted upon the mysterious gems. "I suppose that's appropriate. Are you a gem ex-"

The surprise of Chrys running away caught the two unicorns just as quickly as it caught Brit, and with just as much dread.

"Chrys, no!" Clover called frantically, reaching after the time traveler. "We don't know what's down there!"

What had gotten into her? Was this yet another part of the mind games Brit had described? Darkly influenced powers or no, if there was one thing unicorns knew just as well as the heavens and magic, it was the dangers of the mountains. The blonde pony could have fallen down any number of unreachable cracks or crevices, doomed to slowly starve in the shadows if not crushed immediately! Especially if the labyrinth was shifting and changing without warning! No time was wasted picking up speed to head down the dark path after their friend.

Chrys, meanwhile, was having a strange time indeed. The tunnel she'd sprinted down contained all manner of sharp turns and twists that were easy to collide into in the pitch blackness, darkness so thick even her goggles helped little, but the screaming reverberating off the stone was enough to lead her all the way to the end. It was as she finally came towards the end though that the screams stopped.

Not even an echo lingered. It was snuffed out as soon as suddenly as a flame against a gentle breeze. In it's place was the soft and distant sound of burbling water and chirping birds, and a soft glow crawled through the shadows round the last corner of the tunnel.

Claustrophobia was suddenly replaced by a perfect summer sky once that corner was rounded. The softest clouds drifted along the impossible blue, and below it was a splendid green garden filled with twisting vines and a full spectrum of flowers. All of it was centered around a small clearing overlaid with glistening white bricks and a pristine fountain made of shimmering crystal. The warm sunlight seemed to grow outward and overtake the Conservapony, who melted once again into a regular old Conservator in a shimmering gold shower as it did, and the opening to the tunnel behind her was soon gone, replaced only with more budding greenery.

SMACK!

Brit, Clover, and the princess ran into a wall.

Not a stone wall, no, nor even a brick wall. The labyrinth had not shifted, and indeed, nothing at all seemed to be in their way, and yet the solid force was there plain as day, crumpling them into a shocked and sore clutter on the ground.

"You said you'd lead the way!" Platinum complained, rubbing her head as she picked herself up.

Clover did not complain, but curiously trotted ahead and winced in front of them. Illuminating the path with her horn, she saw through the tunnel and shortly up ahead, the entrance to a huge cavernous opening. Standing there in the middle was Chrys, who in the rest of the group's eyes, was still in unicorn form.

"Chrys!" the teenage magician called out to the pony. But Chrys would not hear. Clover called her name again and tried to trot forward, only to once again smack into the invisible wall. She backed up and reached her hooves out to feel the anomaly - solid! Yet to the eyes, there was nothing there! It kept them back just out of reach of their friend while taunting them with the illusion of free passage. Clover quickly backed up, and despite the previous warnings about the labyrinth decreasing magic, summoned up her strength.

Luckily, whatever force Arrow had warned of before was suddenly lifted, and Clover's magic flourished. Unluckily, it had little effect. The violet energy blasted against the invisible wall and only deflected away, leaving behind a linger burn of sigils in the air which quickly faded away. The magician gasped in dismay but was soon flanked by her mistress.

"Try it again!" Princess Platinum commanded, summoning her own silvery-perwinkle aura.

The two hit the wall again with combined magic but to the same failure. It was as the second magical burn and sigils faded away that their sight was presented with something new and terrifying up ahead in the opening with Chrys. Platinum was the first to spot it's shape in the dark, and it caused her to instantly recoil and screech.

"What is that?!"

"Chrys, is that you?" the source of the screaming was now a gentle tone of beckoning curiosity, and a familiar Nazi emerged from one of the garden's vine fences and smiled once he caught sight of the blonde woman. Hans, actually Hans, not just Rache in the man's body, and not in pegasus form either. "There you are, finally! We've been searching for you all morning."

He quickly moved across the bricks to smile brightly at her, but with a twinge of concern.

"You seem fatigued," he said, lifting a hand. "Has something been troubling you? Here, sit by the fountain..."

It was hard to make out in the shadows at first, but the way it forced your eyes to adjust and slowly allow it's shape to pop out just made it all the more horrifying. It looked as though it was made of poisonous air and shadows, the dusty wrath of some pestilent storm coming to block out the sun and all life it gave, twisted up into a bony, ferocious, equine form and looming as a hunchbacked giant over Chrys, who gazed upon it with the same possessed eyes that had taken over Brit during her vision of Willow in the twisted library. Platinum and Clover had resorted to banging on the invisible wall with their hooves and screaming furiously in a futile attempt to get the other pony's attention.

Up above

Arrow held no regard for bottles or boxes, each of them flying off the shelves in a flurry and into the large bubbling cauldron in the center of her room as soon as she desired and located the ingredients contained within them. Each new piece of the brew caused a small explosion and burst of light in a new color every time that spooked Razzalia to no end. The blue socialite was having second, third, and fourth thoughts about all of this but still had yet to back out of the offer, feeling too much was at risk to chicken out now.

Still though, as Brit had already learned, Arrow was a bit much to deal with at times.

"Did I say you could stop stirring?!" the pinkish-purple witch snapped back at the other unicorn, taking a moment to look away from her ingredient shelf and check if the other pony was still mixing the brew like she demanded.

Razzalia snapped out of her thoughts and started quickly churning the large metal spoon with her telekinesis again. "Oh, I apologize!"

"Don't you dare screw this up for me! If I don't get what I want, you don't get what you need!"

"I know, I said sorry already!"

"Just do as I say!"

Arrow sighed, rolled her eyes, and tsked disapprovingly before returning back to her ingredient search. Gold shavings, she had gold shavings right? No? Damn these shortages! She'd have to use the cheap stuff. Patience though, patience, it would all be over soon. Eye on the prize.

Both eyes on the prize...

Even as a filly, Desert Rose had been as beautiful as she was talented, and even in a small academy exclusively for well-to-do daughters, it was impossible for her to not collect a small cult of admirers. Whatever troubles her parents had hoped to avoid with crowds of dazzled boys was just barely a success, for though the crowds of dazzled girls' attentions were not romantic (not for most anyway), she was scarcely any less of an utter muse to them. Everypony wanted to be her friend, and although she was golden hearted to top it all off, few truly got passed the simple politeness and earned her sincere friendship.

Back then, there was nothing Arrow valued more than her status as Rose's proclaimed best friend.

It wasn't just a simple superficial claim either, for although Arrow was just as taken with the other girl's popularity as any other, the two of them had a real understanding and heart between them that faced few challenges for a time. During recess they hid in their special spot behind the decorative wall to escape the smothering worship of their classmates and talk and laugh freely, and in the learning hall, Arrow was always just a few marks behind Rose, was always top of the class. There was always a small tinge of embarrassment whenever grades came back and showed that once again the little unicorn had stayed behind in 2nd place, wondering whether she could possibly work even harder next time, and wondering whether or not some part of Rose would rather not hang out with a "dummy" like her.

Rose had always laughed away such ridiculous concerns. "Numbers are for formulas, not ponies! Genius is genius! Embrace your talent silly, do not look such a gifthorse in it's mouth!"

That always brought her up.

And father always brought her back down.

Father held a much different philosophy than Desert Rose, and Arrow knew for a fact that Rose's own father was similar in temperament. That was another key difference between them: while Arrow was sure that Rose handled such critiques with grace and bravery, Arrow only lived in constant dread.

"There is a certain point," father would always say. "In the climb to success where stopping is not an option. If you were a simple child I would not care. But you are far from simple, and so
two is much too far from one than you have any excuse being."

And he would burn up her ribbons, certificates, and prizes before her eyes with a flame spell. For though her teachers saw her status as just as worthy of celebration and reward, father had made it clear that any trophy given for less than that Number 1 spot was worthless in his eyes. 1, 1, 1, that was all that mattered. Until she could bring back that 1, there would be no smiles or parties in this house. Or any other house. While her friends dressed in pretty dresses and ribbons for birthdays and days out, Arrow stayed inside with the papers and books, knowing that the only path to ever combing close to such a luxury would be that shiny number 1 spot.

If she could only get there, she could have it all.

If she could only get there, she would stop feeling so empty.

If only.

That didn't mean she didn't occasionally cry. And it was those unlucky days that she was unable to hide somewhere before the tears squeezed through as she looked out at yet another happy herd of girls on their way to some special, magical moment that she feared the worst.

"Stop being such a baby!" father demanded.

"Stop being such a baby!" Arrow demanded.

The baby in question being a screaming and crying Razzalia as Arrow held up a live cat by it's tail with her magic and used a knife to slice open it's neck and let the blood pour into the cauldron. God, did the struggles ever end? She went ahead and dropped the rest of the cat's convulsing body into the mixture and began to inspect it's consistency.

"Stop blubbering or I'll beat you with a bag of oranges, Razzalia!" she snapped again, needing peace and quiet to make sure the brew was coming along well. "Yes, yes, I think this will do."

Razzalia slowly removed her shaking hooves from her eyes. "And, and, what now...?"

Arrow pulled the other unicorn back from the small lower floor layer that the cauldron resided in. "Now we prepare for the journey downward." Slowly, carefully, her magic pushed the cauldron on it's support and began to pour the noxious green brew into the lowered layer, burning away at the stone floor. The glow from the display washed the two's faces, of which Arrow's took on a malicious grin and Razzalia a nervous grimace.

"And you really meant it? Everything you said?" the blue unicorn questioned. "You're going to stop the winter? Save everypony? Give everypony their magic back, including mine? All of that, if we just get that one thing from down there?"

"Every word," said Arrow. "But I won't be able to if Clover, our princess, and the false ones get there first."

"But why wouldn't the princess want to do the same?"

"Because the princess is a vapid twitterbrain, and don't you pretend everypony doesn't know it. These are desperate times Razzalia, and they call for innovative solutions! We shall not stand around and starve to death as we wait for the monarchy to become useful!"

Razzalia sighed and folded her ears at these harsh words but felt no protest. There was only one thing she cared about at this point, and that was restoring her magic. It was already so low from her participation in the sunrise, and tonight with the moonrise, it would all be gone and she would be one of the Empty. Such a fate! There was no choice but to believe. Sensing these thoughts, Arrow grinned grimly and offered reassurance.

"Trust me, Lady Everfilly," the sorceress said. "After this, you will have all the magic you could ever want, and more."

The brew was finally done burning through the floor, but rather than burning through the ceilings of the lower rooms, it had instead offered them a portal leading directly into the tunnels of the labyrinth. Arrow handed a bag similar to Clover's packings to Razzalia and kept one for herself, and together, they jumped downward into their own quest in the depths of darkness.

Smart Cookie

The secretary had no idea what exactly it was her boss expected her to return with when it came to her order to search the unicorns' trash for more books and papers. It was snowing nonstop, for cripe's sake! Anything Smart Cookie managed to scavenge in her miniature expedition alongside the bottom of the north-east mountains where Caer Gloriana stood was nothing but a soggy, frozen, unusable mess by the time she managed to dig it up, so the only real reason Cookie was even taking this order seriously was so that Puddinghead wouldn't completely bitch her out for not following directions (Cookie was terrible at lying).

It was still a ridiculous suggestion. Unicorn trash mostly consisted of outdated encyclopedias, unfinished embroidery, and old copies of books that had since been re-printed into shinier editions all callously tossed out over the mountainside, unconcerned with whoever took it considering that any magical knowledge the discarded media contained was useless to non-magic users. If the nobility tribe held anything useful toward combating their situation, winter and cannibal alike, Smart Cookie severely doubted they wouldn't have held onto it for themselves. But still, she searched, hoping that maybe at least, she could find something to aid in her quest of helping Yuna and Aegis, odd things they were.

Other than the crunching of the snow and the occasional whistle of the wind, things were very quiet. Smart Cookie was far too far away to hear the commotion from the zombie fight her allies had found themselves in, but soon enough, she was facing her own issues.

It began with instinct creeping along her spine warning her she wasn't alone. That was followed by scraping and gibbering sounds, and fearing a unicorn presence, the secretary dove behind one of the larger ridges to hide and wait the presence out. She counted Missus Sippy's in her head and kept her ears peeled for a shuffling on away but everything felt the same for minutes on end, so she chanced a peak over the boulder to see what she potentially facing.

What Cookie saw was a deeply strange and macabre scene: Two pony-like figures were wrapped in ear to hoof in black cloaks so thick she couldn't see anything of their natural forms were standing with their backs to her and watching a miniature circus unfold before them. Zombies like the ones the others were fighting, two cannibals like the one that had attacked the night before, and several tiny furry creatures which she did not know the name of but others would recognize instantly as baby ghoulings were all dancing around in a little circle with each other in a dazed state. Cookie blinked and rubbed her eyes, sure she was hallucinating at first, and her heartbeat increased rapidly as she confirmed that this was in fact reality.

"Are the cold ones feeding well?" one of the cloaked figures asked the other in a voice Cookie couldn't tell if belonged to a male or female.

"They must be," the other one responded with a similarly ambiguous pitch. "The devastation for the ponies is great. If things go accordingly we shall have a nice symbiosis with them for a time, like the clownfish to the anemone."

"For a time?"

"We know not yet how we shall deal with them once we are fully ascended. Likely they will live out their use and we will shoo them away once they become a burden, if they have not already moved on to new feeding grounds by then. It is lucky for us that the cold ones are not particularly ambitious or advanced, they eat and they exist, but little more. No diplomacy is needed, they notice not nor care when we dip into their power for our own purposes."

What in the cold pits of Tartarus were these two talking about? And all those monsters! Smart Cookie didn't want to hear anymore and began to attempt to sneak away without being heard or seen. Gotta report this to the Chancellor!

"And what of the unicorn mare?" the first figure asked.

"The others say she has much bitterness in her heart, but for which of them is that not the case now? Still, she may be of use, however we will wait until that becomes important. Our patience felled the mighty Queen with good time, she and the rest will be little chore...."

Being so focused on looking back to make sure the figures didn't turn around and catch her, Smart Cookie hadn't been a very smart cookie to look in front of her, and wound up lightly bumping into somepony. Slowly, she looked upward to see the drooling, bloody face of Mr. Pepperstick, one of her old neighbors. In a half-second, her heart broke to see him in such a state. In the other half, she screamed in terror as he made a lunge for her throat and her hoof sent him flying across the snow - she may have been a bookworm, but like any good Earth pony, she was built of brawny stuff. But her cover was obliterated.

Cookie had zero time to recover and react, as soon as the cannibal Pepperstick went down, a ghouling babe had sprung into action and took a total of one second to gouge a wicked gash along the secretary's cheek and shove her to the ground with a pained scream. Her hat was knocked astray and bits of green hair sliced off by the attack went flying in her eyes and mouth. The babe swung back on it's tiny buzzy wings for a second attack but was met with a powerful hind smash and sent flying as well. Cookie scrambled back to her hooves and replaced her hat atop her head, ignoring the hot blood from her face cut clashing and burning away at the white snow it dripped upon beneath her, and quickly moved her head to try and make a nip for the utility knife she carried in one of her boots. She was obviously going to have to stab her way out if she wanted to make a run for it.

"You!" she heard one of the figures snarl.

Gritting her teeth, Smart Cookie unsheathed the knife and turned to face the two. "I am an authority of Groundtown! As you are here-"

Her sentence was stolen from her lips as her eyes gazed on the faces of the figures for the first time - the same smokey, shadowy, monstrous beings that Chrys and the others were facing below. They both screeched something inpony, melted out of their cloaks, and dove straight through Cookie's body in a noxious haze, disorienting her and causing her to stumble towards the mountainside - and down a narrow but steep hole into the caverns below. The light yellow Earth pony tumbled and rolled violently down, down, down the long dark rock chute, hitting her head too hard against one of the sides and falling unconscious, helpless to pick herself up as she finally reached the bottom and wound up dispensed motionless and alone on the labyrinth floor, many, many twists and turns away from the unicorn group.

Zombies

Yuna, Aegis? Yuna, Aegis! They were here!

"I've got you!" Willow called, and attempted to lower himself to the ground to aid in the fight, but was quickly chased back up by a violent lash out by one of the creatures. "AH!! Or, uh-..."

Not that the others needed it. The zombies were vicious and persistent, but they were physically weak, and with the combined efforts of Rache and the Earth ponies, the majority of them were cut and knocked down like wet tissue. They ripped and exploded against the ground this way and that, one practically disintegrating against Aegis' strength, and many others near-literally being reduced to confetti against Rache. Yuna would have had a little more of a struggle, but lucky for her, it soon caught onto what little intelligence the swarm had that this was a fight they would not win: Those who still had enough limb power to run turned around and began to head tail back into the trees from whence they came.

SkyWishes calmed, folded her ears, and looked around at the rotted carnage. Her ears slowly lifted again as she realized something. "These are all ponies we buried months ago," she said. "They died from cold, starvation, sickness..."

"So we weren't killing regular ponies?!" Willow gasped, finally able to come back down from the tree. "Thank Celestia!"

Cloud Duster came down from the tree soon after but Pansy lingered in utter confusion, staring at the scene below with wide eyes.

"And thank Celestia we found YOU GUYS!" Willow took a moment to outright hug Aegis and Yuna simultaneously. "That's two down, two to go!"

"Earth, ponies...?" Pansy asked quietly, shrinking back. "Your traveling companions are... Earth ponies?"
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun May 08, 2016 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse