NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial War Academy |Year 2|[FT/Fan-T][OPEN][IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:
As he spoke, Elaine's chest tightened and a lump rose in her throat as tears began to fall from her own eyes. She wanted to believe him, she did, but...that voice was still in the back of her mind. He's lying to you...he doesn't care about you...he doesn't remember you...he's only doing his job... But for a moment, she ignored the voice. Just for a moment...as the tears fell from her eyes. The despair was quickly being replaced by sadness, heartbreak, and...fear. "...you don't understand, I...I...I can't go back...I can't..." Her expression collapsed as she cried. "I can't...I just can't go back to that place...I'm...terrified to go back there...I'm scared of what they'll do to me, I...I can't be with that...that bastard...I would rather die...then have to..." She stopped, and she looked back over the edge for a moment. When she looked back, tears were streaming down her cheeks. "...I am...I am scared of dying...but I would rather face death than have to go back there...or to be the reason you suffer more...it's...unbearable to watch you disappear more and more everyday..." She used the crook of her arm to wipe her tears away again. "So please, let me go...I...have no future...just let me go while I can be happy...instead of in the future...when I'll have to do it because I have no other choice..."

"You.. you just have to obey them.. they won't do.. anything to you.. if you just.. obey them..", Slaine replied weakly. He had never been able to understand.. why she was like that. Obeying.. was natural to him. The simple thought of refusing to obey orders was.. nearly unthinkable for him, but she had proven, so many times, that she not care at all about what her brothers were saying. And maybe it was because of her.. but the boy had managed to gather the courage to disobey orders.. a few times, ever since they had met. When Michael had nearly killed him however, fear had taken control of him again..but he felt that.. if it was for her..he wouldn't mind.. being punished. He just wanted to protect her, and it wasn't because of any orders.. Prince Michael had canceled them anyway. But the fear of Elaine dying.. was like a cold grip over his heart. "You're not the reason.. for why I'm suffering. It's something that.. I brought over myself. Life.. may be bad.. it might be a living nightmare.. but if you die.. then nothing can change. Death will be the end.. but even if you suffer.. you need to keep your hope..that one day.. one day, this will change. Death.. may seem like the easy way out.. but you would just.. give in to despair. You don't have to die.. you can continue to live, you can continue to hope and.. I will try.. to carry some of the burden.. with you.."

"You don't understand..." She replied softly, her frame deflating. "You don't...remember what he's like...what kind of cruel person he really is...he isn't just mean, he's spiteful, he's vengeful...and he...enjoys seeing others in pain..." She shivered. "If I have to marry him...I'm already dead...being with him would be worse than death...there is no such thing as obedience in that...even if I do nothing wrong, he...he does things...just to see me in pain..." Her tears were disappearing, and she was quickly retracting back into her state of emotionlessness. "...if that end comes...nothing will change...you can't change that, as...nice as that sounds..." She grimaced and turned away from him, looking over the edge again. "I'm sorry..." She said softly, once more. "I'm...sorry I couldn't do more to save you....I'm sorry I didn't do all that I should've for you...I'm so...sorry...but I...I have to go before...anything else happens..."
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:"You.. you just have to obey them.. they won't do.. anything to you.. if you just.. obey them..", Slaine replied weakly. He had never been able to understand.. why she was like that. Obeying.. was natural to him. The simple thought of refusing to obey orders was.. nearly unthinkable for him, but she had proven, so many times, that she not care at all about what her brothers were saying. And maybe it was because of her.. but the boy had managed to gather the courage to disobey orders.. a few times, ever since they had met. When Michael had nearly killed him however, fear had taken control of him again..but he felt that.. if it was for her..he wouldn't mind.. being punished. He just wanted to protect her, and it wasn't because of any orders.. Prince Michael had canceled them anyway. But the fear of Elaine dying.. was like a cold grip over his heart. "You're not the reason.. for why I'm suffering. It's something that.. I brought over myself. Life.. may be bad.. it might be a living nightmare.. but if you die.. then nothing can change. Death will be the end.. but even if you suffer.. you need to keep your hope..that one day.. one day, this will change. Death.. may seem like the easy way out.. but you would just.. give in to despair. You don't have to die.. you can continue to live, you can continue to hope and.. I will try.. to carry some of the burden.. with you.."

"You don't understand..." She replied softly, her frame deflating. "You don't...remember what he's like...what kind of cruel person he really is...he isn't just mean, he's spiteful, he's vengeful...and he...enjoys seeing others in pain..." She shivered. "If I have to marry him...I'm already dead...being with him would be worse than death...there is no such thing as obedience in that...even if I do nothing wrong, he...he does things...just to see me in pain..." Her tears were disappearing, and she was quickly retracting back into her state of emotionlessness. "...if that end comes...nothing will change...you can't change that, as...nice as that sounds..." She grimaced and turned away from him, looking over the edge again. "I'm sorry..." She said softly, once more. "I'm...sorry I couldn't do more to save you....I'm sorry I didn't do all that I should've for you...I'm so...sorry...but I...I have to go before...anything else happens..."

Slaine just stood there, nearly frozen as he heard Elaine say.. what her fate might be, if she was going to return home. She was right.. asking her to survive, to possibly go through all of that.. it was selfish. He couldn't remember Prince Michael very well, and in the short time which he had spent with him.. Prince Michael hadn't been crueler than any of his usual superiors, and he was certainly less cruel than how Prince Alexander used to be..It was clear that the princess knew him much better. But he couldn't just.. stay.. and watch her die. For some reason.. he was afraid of it. He was ready to do.. anything.. to save her.."But if you obey your father.. you.. you won't have to marry him.. ", the blue eyed boy tried to say, before remaining quiet once again, as tears continued to flow out of his hollow eyes. "You don't need to be sorry.. you didn't have to.. save me..I just.. I just don't want you.. to die.."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Slaine just stood there, nearly frozen as he heard Elaine say.. what her fate might be, if she was going to return home. She was right.. asking her to survive, to possibly go through all of that.. it was selfish. He couldn't remember Prince Michael very well, and in the short time which he had spent with him.. Prince Michael hadn't been crueler than any of his usual superiors, and he was certainly less cruel than how Prince Alexander used to be..It was clear that the princess knew him much better. But he couldn't just.. stay.. and watch her die. For some reason.. he was afraid of it. He was ready to do.. anything.. to save her.."But if you obey your father.. you.. you won't have to marry him.. ", the blue eyed boy tried to say, before remaining quiet once again, as tears continued to flow out of his hollow eyes. "You don't need to be sorry.. you didn't have to.. save me..I just.. I just don't want you.. to die.."

As she listened to him speak, Elaine closed her eyes. Why...did he have to be so persistent..? Why couldn't he just leave her alone? She wanted to believe him, but...what if he was lying? But...what if he isn't..? Her shoulders sagged, more tears falling from her eyes as the thought struck her. No, I...I can't...there's...only pain left...I...I'll only end up hurting him... She thought as she choked back a sob. "...I'm...sorry..." She whispered softly, turning back to him and opening her eyes once more. "I wish...things could've...been different..." She smiled, but it wasn't a horrific smile. It was genuine, but melancholy. "I wish I...could fulfill your request, but...there's too much...pain...sadness, I...I can't handle it like you could..." Her eyes quickly reflected her bittersweet mood. "...you were always stronger than me...I know you can get over this...with a little time..." Her smile broadened for a moment. "...goodbye, Slaine..." She finished, and with that, she spread her arms and leaned back. It didn't take but half a second for her feet to lift from the pavement, for the air to hit her back, and for her to wish there was another way. And in that half of a second, she couldn't help but have one thought: was this a mistake..?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Slaine just stood there, nearly frozen as he heard Elaine say.. what her fate might be, if she was going to return home. She was right.. asking her to survive, to possibly go through all of that.. it was selfish. He couldn't remember Prince Michael very well, and in the short time which he had spent with him.. Prince Michael hadn't been crueler than any of his usual superiors, and he was certainly less cruel than how Prince Alexander used to be..It was clear that the princess knew him much better. But he couldn't just.. stay.. and watch her die. For some reason.. he was afraid of it. He was ready to do.. anything.. to save her.."But if you obey your father.. you.. you won't have to marry him.. ", the blue eyed boy tried to say, before remaining quiet once again, as tears continued to flow out of his hollow eyes. "You don't need to be sorry.. you didn't have to.. save me..I just.. I just don't want you.. to die.."

As she listened to him speak, Elaine closed her eyes. Why...did he have to be so persistent..? Why couldn't he just leave her alone? She wanted to believe him, but...what if he was lying? But...what if he isn't..? Her shoulders sagged, more tears falling from her eyes as the thought struck her. No, I...I can't...there's...only pain left...I...I'll only end up hurting him... She thought as she choked back a sob. "...I'm...sorry..." She whispered softly, turning back to him and opening her eyes once more. "I wish...things could've...been different..." She smiled, but it wasn't a horrific smile. It was genuine, but melancholy. "I wish I...could fulfill your request, but...there's too much...pain...sadness, I...I can't handle it like you could..." Her eyes quickly reflected her bittersweet mood. "...you were always stronger than me...I know you can get over this...with a little time..." Her smile broadened for a moment. "...goodbye, Slaine..." She finished, and with that, she spread her arms and leaned back. It didn't take but half a second for her feet to lift from the pavement, for the air to hit her back, and for her to wish there was another way. And in that half of a second, she couldn't help but have one thought: was this a mistake..?

When Elaine said her last words, the boy simply stood there, as if he was frozen in place, just crying in silence. But as the purple eyed girl fell.. it was as if.. something, broke into him, and almost instinctively, the boy thundered forwards. It was true that he was most often just beaten or punished, and that even in combat, he was supposed to be nothing more than cannon fodder. A toy. A worthless robot, existing just to die. That was his sole purpose. But.. he was a soldier. And the fact that he had survived, in a place where most people died like flies..he was pretty good. Not even thinking about it, he just ran, and in a near superhuman feat, he managed to pretty much jump after Elaine, and for a moment, it seemed that both of them were going to fall to their deaths..but somehow, the blue eyed boy managed to catch the edge with his other hand..saving both himself and Elaine from a painful death. For a couple moments the boy remained quiet, breathing heavily, before he desperately tried to raise Elaine with his left hand, finally managing to more or less throw her back on the roof, a little roughly. Now, with his other hand free, the blonde boy managed to climb back up on the roof, falling on the floor, exhausted. But, just a few moments later, Slaine suddenly got on his knees, before he hugged Elaine really, really tightly. It was nothing like the first hug they had shared back on the spaceship, cold and awkward. And it wasn't even like how the hugged in the water. It was the warm hug of two really good friends, meeting again after so long.. "Please, Ellie.. don't ever scare me like that again..", Slaine said.. in a voice that the girl that hadn't heard in a long time..
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

When Elaine said her last words, the boy simply stood there, as if he was frozen in place, just crying in silence. But as the purple eyed girl fell.. it was as if.. something, broke into him, and almost instinctively, the boy thundered forwards. It was true that he was most often just beaten or punished, and that even in combat, he was supposed to be nothing more than cannon fodder. A toy. A worthless robot, existing just to die. That was his sole purpose. But.. he was a soldier. And the fact that he had survived, in a place where most people died like flies..he was pretty good. Not even thinking about it, he just ran, and in a near superhuman feat, he managed to pretty much jump after Elaine, and for a moment, it seemed that both of them were going to fall to their deaths..but somehow, the blue eyed boy managed to catch the edge with his other hand..saving both himself and Elaine from a painful death. For a couple moments the boy remained quiet, breathing heavily, before he desperately tried to raise Elaine with his left hand, finally managing to more or less throw her back on the roof, a little roughly. Now, with his other hand free, the blonde boy managed to climb back up on the roof, falling on the floor, exhausted. But, just a few moments later, Slaine suddenly got on his knees, before he hugged Elaine really, really tightly. It was nothing like the first hug they had shared back on the spaceship, cold and awkward. And it wasn't even like how the hugged in the water. It was the warm hug of two really good friends, meeting again after so long.. "Please, Ellie.. don't ever scare me like that again..", Slaine said.. in a voice that the girl that hadn't heard in a long time..

In the moment that Elaine had begun to fall from the roof, she closed her eyes, preparing to accept death with open arms. She would be saved a lot of pain, a lot of misery, and a lot of abuse. But...she'd be missing out on a lot of good things too, wouldn't she..? She expected the fall to be a monotonous feeling save the end, but it only took another second for her fall to violently come to a stop, nearly knocking the breath from her lungs. In surprise, she opened her eyes to see that Slaine had nearly thrown himself off of the roof to catch her, gripping both the edge of the roof and her wrist as tight as he could. She wasn't sure what to do or say, but all she could really do was...watch. He managed to pull her up halfway before he used his strength to sling her back onto the roof, if not a little more violent than expected. She came to a stop and simply lay there for a moment, not entirely sure what'd just happened. Was it just her imagination? Was this just what she'd wanted to happen? Were the scrapes on her skin just a figment of her imagination?

All of it seemed unreal until Slaine moved closer and hugged the girl tightly to himself. She was still wordless, in shock more or less. It didn't feel like what she'd grown used to. It felt too human. Too...comfortable. She blinked, her mind desperately trying to accept all of the information being processed now. Then, he spoke, and her breath caught in her throat. The name caught her attention, brought her back to her senses. Without any other way to express everything she was feeling, fat tears welled in her eyes as they sat there. "...how do you...know that name..?" She asked softly, wanting confirmation before getting her hopes up. "Who told you that name..? There's no way that you..." She trailed off, but it was obvious what she meant by it. How could he remember such a thing with no sort of physical trigger?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:When Elaine said her last words, the boy simply stood there, as if he was frozen in place, just crying in silence. But as the purple eyed girl fell.. it was as if.. something, broke into him, and almost instinctively, the boy thundered forwards. It was true that he was most often just beaten or punished, and that even in combat, he was supposed to be nothing more than cannon fodder. A toy. A worthless robot, existing just to die. That was his sole purpose. But.. he was a soldier. And the fact that he had survived, in a place where most people died like flies..he was pretty good. Not even thinking about it, he just ran, and in a near superhuman feat, he managed to pretty much jump after Elaine, and for a moment, it seemed that both of them were going to fall to their deaths..but somehow, the blue eyed boy managed to catch the edge with his other hand..saving both himself and Elaine from a painful death. For a couple moments the boy remained quiet, breathing heavily, before he desperately tried to raise Elaine with his left hand, finally managing to more or less throw her back on the roof, a little roughly. Now, with his other hand free, the blonde boy managed to climb back up on the roof, falling on the floor, exhausted. But, just a few moments later, Slaine suddenly got on his knees, before he hugged Elaine really, really tightly. It was nothing like the first hug they had shared back on the spaceship, cold and awkward. And it wasn't even like how the hugged in the water. It was the warm hug of two really good friends, meeting again after so long.. "Please, Ellie.. don't ever scare me like that again..", Slaine said.. in a voice that the girl that hadn't heard in a long time..

In the moment that Elaine had begun to fall from the roof, she closed her eyes, preparing to accept death with open arms. She would be saved a lot of pain, a lot of misery, and a lot of abuse. But...she'd be missing out on a lot of good things too, wouldn't she..? She expected the fall to be a monotonous feeling save the end, but it only took another second for her fall to violently come to a stop, nearly knocking the breath from her lungs. In surprise, she opened her eyes to see that Slaine had nearly thrown himself off of the roof to catch her, gripping both the edge of the roof and her wrist as tight as he could. She wasn't sure what to do or say, but all she could really do was...watch. He managed to pull her up halfway before he used his strength to sling her back onto the roof, if not a little more violent than expected. She came to a stop and simply lay there for a moment, not entirely sure what'd just happened. Was it just her imagination? Was this just what she'd wanted to happen? Were the scrapes on her skin just a figment of her imagination?

All of it seemed unreal until Slaine moved closer and hugged the girl tightly to himself. She was still wordless, in shock more or less. It didn't feel like what she'd grown used to. It felt too human. Too...comfortable. She blinked, her mind desperately trying to accept all of the information being processed now. Then, he spoke, and her breath caught in her throat. The name caught her attention, brought her back to her senses. Without any other way to express everything she was feeling, fat tears welled in her eyes as they sat there. "...how do you...know that name..?" She asked softly, wanting confirmation before getting her hopes up. "Who told you that name..? There's no way that you..." She trailed off, but it was obvious what she meant by it. How could he remember such a thing with no sort of physical trigger?

The blonde haired boy remained quiet for a few good moments, simply hugging Elaine as tightly as he could, as if he was afraid.. that somehow, he was going to lose her. And who could blame him? She had just tried to kill herself a few moments ago..the fear that he had felt when the girl had leaned back, ready to fall, ready to die..it was unlike.. anything he had ever felt before. He wasn't afraid of pain, of suffering. He wasn't afraid of dying. But he was afraid, he was so afraid.. of losing her..
"How.. do I know the name?", the blue eyed boy eventually said, as if he was really, really confused. "I gave it to you.. didn't I?", Slaine told her.. as he smiled.. a smile even more genuine than those in his few moments of happiness, as if he was vaguely remembering something.."Back then, during the first times when I visited you in the palace...don't you remember?"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

The blonde haired boy remained quiet for a few good moments, simply hugging Elaine as tightly as he could, as if he was afraid.. that somehow, he was going to lose her. And who could blame him? She had just tried to kill herself a few moments ago..the fear that he had felt when the girl had leaned back, ready to fall, ready to die..it was unlike.. anything he had ever felt before. He wasn't afraid of pain, of suffering. He wasn't afraid of dying. But he was afraid, he was so afraid.. of losing her..
"How.. do I know the name?", the blue eyed boy eventually said, as if he was really, really confused. "I gave it to you.. didn't I?", Slaine told her.. as he smiled.. a smile even more genuine than those in his few moments of happiness, as if he was vaguely remembering something.."Back then, during the first times when I visited you in the palace...don't you remember?"

Elaine sat there as he continued to hug her, still unsure of what to think, what to feel. Then, he looked incredulous when she asked how he knew that name, and told her he'd been the one to give it to her when they'd first met. Finally, she broke. Her expression of shock wilted and she choked back a sob as she threw her arms around him. His smile, the remembrance in his expression...it was almost too much. This time, she was the one hugging him as tightly as she could, crying softly into his shoulder. "...how..? How can you remember so suddenly..?" She asked, her voice muffled by his shoulder. She continued to return the tight hug as they sat there, simply crying for a moment. This was what she had always wanted, what she'd been working towards since the moment she saw him after getting off the ship at the beginning of the school year. This was what she'd wanted to happen after she'd hurt him so badly in his room. And now, she held him tightly because she was scared of losing him again. She knew nothing she did could prevent him from keeping his mental state, but in the moment, she felt that she could. The thought of losing him again only made her cry more.

"...I thought you were gone...I thought...I thought it was hopeless...I thought you would never remember, and I...I was just...so scared of that...I was scared of seeing you forget me day by day..." She buried her face into his shoulder, the realization of what she'd almost done hitting her. "Oh God, oh God...I'm so sorry...I, I wasn't thinking...I was so afraid of what's coming...I'm so sorry..." She brought her face up for a moment, the tears streaking her cheeks. "Can you ever forgive me for what I've done..? It was a horrible decision, but I...I wasn't sure of what else to do, and without you, I...I thought that...life was pointless..." She grimaced, her lip quivering. "...I'm...so sorry..."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The blonde haired boy remained quiet for a few good moments, simply hugging Elaine as tightly as he could, as if he was afraid.. that somehow, he was going to lose her. And who could blame him? She had just tried to kill herself a few moments ago..the fear that he had felt when the girl had leaned back, ready to fall, ready to die..it was unlike.. anything he had ever felt before. He wasn't afraid of pain, of suffering. He wasn't afraid of dying. But he was afraid, he was so afraid.. of losing her..

Elaine sat there as he continued to hug her, still unsure of what to think, what to feel. Then, he looked incredulous when she asked how he knew that name, and told her he'd been the one to give it to her when they'd first met. Finally, she broke. Her expression of shock wilted and she choked back a sob as she threw her arms around him. His smile, the remembrance in his expression...it was almost too much. This time, she was the one hugging him as tightly as she could, crying softly into his shoulder. "...how..? How can you remember so suddenly..?" She asked, her voice muffled by his shoulder. She continued to return the tight hug as they sat there, simply crying for a moment. This was what she had always wanted, what she'd been working towards since the moment she saw him after getting off the ship at the beginning of the school year. This was what she'd wanted to happen after she'd hurt him so badly in his room. And now, she held him tightly because she was scared of losing him again. She knew nothing she did could prevent him from keeping his mental state, but in the moment, she felt that she could. The thought of losing him again only made her cry more.

"...I thought you were gone...I thought...I thought it was hopeless...I thought you would never remember, and I...I was just...so scared of that...I was scared of seeing you forget me day by day..." She buried her face into his shoulder, the realization of what she'd almost done hitting her. "Oh God, oh God...I'm so sorry...I, I wasn't thinking...I was so afraid of what's coming...I'm so sorry..." She brought her face up for a moment, the tears streaking her cheeks. "Can you ever forgive me for what I've done..? It was a horrible decision, but I...I wasn't sure of what else to do, and without you, I...I thought that...life was pointless..." She grimaced, her lip quivering. "...I'm...so sorry..."

The blonde haired boy smiled again as Elaine hugged him, crying, as he continued to hug her back. "How.. how can I remember so suddenly?..", he repeated, clearly confused. "I'm.. I'm not sure. I know that.. when I saw you leaning back.. and falling.. I was just.. so scared. But.. I had no idea why.. I just couldn't understand. Why would I be so afraid.. of your death? Why.. why was the thought of losing you so horrifying? Why.. did I want to protect you so much? And then.. I just remembered it..how funny.. I don't eve know how I forgot that... how could I forget you?.. How could I abandon you like that? Even if promised you.. I still disappeared...I'm not exactly a good friend, am I?", the blue eyed boy asked, with a sad smile on his face. "And.. I can't.. I can't remember everything... I know.. I know who I am.", he continued, surprised to even hear himself saying those words. "But the rest.. is so.. fuzzy.. so vague...I remember bits.. and pieces..like that night.. when you ran away from home.. and you came to my family's villa on the imperial capital planet. My father and my sisters weren't there, because I have no idea what they would have said about one of the princesses running away from home..and then I told you that you should return to your home. That was it too soon.. and that I was going to visit you the day after that.. but..how weird.. I know that.. I never visited you again.. but I don't.. remember why.."

Slaine sighed. "It's okay.. of course that I'll forgive you. If.. what Michael said.. is true.. you would be so afraid..and if even I.. wasn't there to help you..", he told her in a calm voice. "I'm sorry.. for leaving you alone...and I don't know how.. but I promise you.. that I will protect you from him. I won't allow him.. to hurt you anymore.."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

The blonde haired boy smiled again as Elaine hugged him, crying, as he continued to hug her back. "How.. how can I remember so suddenly?..", he repeated, clearly confused. "I'm.. I'm not sure. I know that.. when I saw you leaning back.. and falling.. I was just.. so scared. But.. I had no idea why.. I just couldn't understand. Why would I be so afraid.. of your death? Why.. why was the thought of losing you so horrifying? Why.. did I want to protect you so much? And then.. I just remembered it..how funny.. I don't eve know how I forgot that... how could I forget you?.. How could I abandon you like that? Even if promised you.. I still disappeared...I'm not exactly a good friend, am I?", the blue eyed boy asked, with a sad smile on his face. "And.. I can't.. I can't remember everything... I know.. I know who I am.", he continued, surprised to even hear himself saying those words. "But the rest.. is so.. fuzzy.. so vague...I remember bits.. and pieces..like that night.. when you ran away from home.. and you came to my family's villa on the imperial capital planet. My father and my sisters weren't there, because I have no idea what they would have said about one of the princesses running away from home..and then I told you that you should return to your home. That was it too soon.. and that I was going to visit you the day after that.. but..how weird.. I know that.. I never visited you again.. but I don't.. remember why.."

Slaine sighed. "It's okay.. of course that I'll forgive you. If.. what Michael said.. is true.. you would be so afraid..and if even I.. wasn't there to help you..", he told her in a calm voice. "I'm sorry.. for leaving you alone...and I don't know how.. but I promise you.. that I will protect you from him. I won't allow him.. to hurt you anymore.."

The more he talked, the more she found herself being filled with relief and hope. And then, when he reflected on the time she'd tried to run away...the doubt was immediately shaken from her head that someone like Michael or Alexander had put him up to this. It was impossible, because that information had only been shared among the two of them. They'd both vowed not to tell. And she remembered, then, what it had felt like to wait for him when he never showed. Her lip quivered again and fresh tears broke from her eyes. "It wasn't your fault...I never doubted you, not even for a moment when all of that happened...I didn't lose faith, not ever..." She sobbed. ...not until a few moments ago, atleast...but it's different now...isn't it..? He's...back...for the most part... "You're back now...that's...all that matters..." She said softly, hugging him tightly as she had before. "If you're here, even for just a little bit...then I...I can do it...I can do it as long as I have you..." She grimaced, more tears running down her cheeks. She knew that was what he'd said just before she'd tried to kill herself, and she couldn't help but feel waves of guilt upon herself. How could she have been so selfish? She hadn't even tried to think of how he'd be affected. "...and, I know you won't...but I won't let him hurt you, either...this is a job that has to be shared between the both of us now, atleast until we can remove that collar..." She smiled a little, pulling away slightly to wipe her tears away. "As long as we have each other...it's okay..."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The blonde haired boy smiled again as Elaine hugged him, crying, as he continued to hug her back. "How.. how can I remember so suddenly?..", he repeated, clearly confused. "I'm.. I'm not sure. I know that.. when I saw you leaning back.. and falling.. I was just.. so scared. But.. I had no idea why.. I just couldn't understand. Why would I be so afraid.. of your death? Why.. why was the thought of losing you so horrifying? Why.. did I want to protect you so much? And then.. I just remembered it..how funny.. I don't eve know how I forgot that... how could I forget you?.. How could I abandon you like that? Even if promised you.. I still disappeared...I'm not exactly a good friend, am I?", the blue eyed boy asked, with a sad smile on his face. "And.. I can't.. I can't remember everything... I know.. I know who I am.", he continued, surprised to even hear himself saying those words. "But the rest.. is so.. fuzzy.. so vague...I remember bits.. and pieces..like that night.. when you ran away from home.. and you came to my family's villa on the imperial capital planet. My father and my sisters weren't there, because I have no idea what they would have said about one of the princesses running away from home..and then I told you that you should return to your home. That was it too soon.. and that I was going to visit you the day after that.. but..how weird.. I know that.. I never visited you again.. but I don't.. remember why.."

The more he talked, the more she found herself being filled with relief and hope. And then, when he reflected on the time she'd tried to run away...the doubt was immediately shaken from her head that someone like Michael or Alexander had put him up to this. It was impossible, because that information had only been shared among the two of them. They'd both vowed not to tell. And she remembered, then, what it had felt like to wait for him when he never showed. Her lip quivered again and fresh tears broke from her eyes. "It wasn't your fault...I never doubted you, not even for a moment when all of that happened...I didn't lose faith, not ever..." She sobbed. ...not until a few moments ago, atleast...but it's different now...isn't it..? He's...back...for the most part... "You're back now...that's...all that matters..." She said softly, hugging him tightly as she had before. "If you're here, even for just a little bit...then I...I can do it...I can do it as long as I have you..." She grimaced, more tears running down her cheeks. She knew that was what he'd said just before she'd tried to kill herself, and she couldn't help but feel waves of guilt upon herself. How could she have been so selfish? She hadn't even tried to think of how he'd be affected. "...and, I know you won't...but I won't let him hurt you, either...this is a job that has to be shared between the both of us now, atleast until we can remove that collar..." She smiled a little, pulling away slightly to wipe her tears away. "As long as we have each other...it's okay..."

As Elaine told him.. that as long as he was here.. she was going to try.. to keep on living..Slaine smiled, as he just continued to hug her. It was obvious.. that she was feeling horrible.. just crying.. crying all her pain, her guilt, and her sadness. And it hurt him too, to know that she was feeling like that.. that she had went through so much suffering. But he was here for her.. and she was here for him. And that's all that mattered. "I know.. thinking that I could maybe convince you to ignore if I'll be hurt..it was foolish.", the blue eyed boy told her, smiling again. "And I know, that you want to protect me too.. and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you Elaine.. for being my friend. But.. I am used to pain. I am used to be hurt. You don't have to worry that much.. and if there will ever be a choice between you being hurt, or me having to suffer through it..please, let me be the one who would be harmed. It might be selfish.. but I don't want him, or anyone else to harm you. While I'm used to it..it won't hurt that much. I can handle it." But then, the blonde boy remained quiet for a few moments. "But we'll be here for each other..alright? I won't break my promise anymore.."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

As Elaine told him.. that as long as he was here.. she was going to try.. to keep on living..Slaine smiled, as he just continued to hug her. It was obvious.. that she was feeling horrible.. just crying.. crying all her pain, her guilt, and her sadness. And it hurt him too, to know that she was feeling like that.. that she had went through so much suffering. But he was here for her.. and she was here for him. And that's all that mattered. "I know.. thinking that I could maybe convince you to ignore if I'll be hurt..it was foolish.", the blue eyed boy told her, smiling again. "And I know, that you want to protect me too.. and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you Elaine.. for being my friend. But.. I am used to pain. I am used to be hurt. You don't have to worry that much.. and if there will ever be a choice between you being hurt, or me having to suffer through it..please, let me be the one who would be harmed. It might be selfish.. but I don't want him, or anyone else to harm you. While I'm used to it..it won't hurt that much. I can handle it." But then, the blonde boy remained quiet for a few moments. "But we'll be here for each other..alright? I won't break my promise anymore.."

Her smile almost became sad. "It won't come to that. I...won't let them hurt you again. Not while I can do something about it." She replied, and after a moment, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him again. It wasn't quite as tight, and it was more of a compassionate, loving, warm hug than the desperate, sudden hug it had been before. Even if she'd said earlier that he hadn't mattered, that he'd get over her, that she didn't care, it wasn't true. The only world she knew had him in it, and without his presence...it wouldn't even be worth living. He was the one who'd expanded her world from that room, and she wasn't about to lose him because of her idiot brother and her stupid empire. He mattered far too much to her to lose him to something as simple as that. "No one will hurt me, and I won't let anyone hurt you, either. They wouldn't dare put a mark on me if they really want to give me to the richest suitor. So...don't worry, okay..? I have my ways of persuading that idiot to take that collar off, if I can scare him enough." Her smile grew. "So it'll be okay. We'll always be there for each other, no matter what. And if we get separated again..." It grew a bit softer, and a little more knowing. "Well, then I'll just have to find you again, won't I? It'll be alright. Distance is nothing when it comes to us."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:As Elaine told him.. that as long as he was here.. she was going to try.. to keep on living..Slaine smiled, as he just continued to hug her. It was obvious.. that she was feeling horrible.. just crying.. crying all her pain, her guilt, and her sadness. And it hurt him too, to know that she was feeling like that.. that she had went through so much suffering. But he was here for her.. and she was here for him. And that's all that mattered. "I know.. thinking that I could maybe convince you to ignore if I'll be hurt..it was foolish.", the blue eyed boy told her, smiling again. "And I know, that you want to protect me too.. and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you Elaine.. for being my friend. But.. I am used to pain. I am used to be hurt. You don't have to worry that much.. and if there will ever be a choice between you being hurt, or me having to suffer through it..please, let me be the one who would be harmed. It might be selfish.. but I don't want him, or anyone else to harm you. While I'm used to it..it won't hurt that much. I can handle it." But then, the blonde boy remained quiet for a few moments. "But we'll be here for each other..alright? I won't break my promise anymore.."

Her smile almost became sad. "It won't come to that. I...won't let them hurt you again. Not while I can do something about it." She replied, and after a moment, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him again. It wasn't quite as tight, and it was more of a compassionate, loving, warm hug than the desperate, sudden hug it had been before. Even if she'd said earlier that he hadn't mattered, that he'd get over her, that she didn't care, it wasn't true. The only world she knew had him in it, and without his presence...it wouldn't even be worth living. He was the one who'd expanded her world from that room, and she wasn't about to lose him because of her idiot brother and her stupid empire. He mattered far too much to her to lose him to something as simple as that. "No one will hurt me, and I won't let anyone hurt you, either. They wouldn't dare put a mark on me if they really want to give me to the richest suitor. So...don't worry, okay..? I have my ways of persuading that idiot to take that collar off, if I can scare him enough." Her smile grew. "So it'll be okay. We'll always be there for each other, no matter what. And if we get separated again..." It grew a bit softer, and a little more knowing. "Well, then I'll just have to find you again, won't I? It'll be alright. Distance is nothing when it comes to us."

Even if he was now able.. to remember her.. it was still difficult to understand.. why she was that determined to protect him from being hurt. Being hurt and feeling pain.. was nothing new for him, after all. But if she was as worried about him as he was worried about her.. that he could perhaps understand it.."You've always been.. just so stubborn. But okay...I suppose that I can come to terms with that.", Slaine told her, still smiling. It was painful, to see her like this. On the verge of perhaps being sent back home, and then sent away to marry someone..with Michael ready to hurt her at any time..but seeing her determination.. it made him feel much better. Together.. together they could find a way out of this. He was sure about it. "Yeah...we'll always be there for each other. I'm sure of it.". The blonde boy remained quiet for a little, as if he wanted to say something else..without being sure how to do it. "Most of the memories that I have now.. are cold, and filled with pain. That's why.. that's why even if I can't remember all of it, and even if my memories are so fuzzy and vague.. I'm glad.. that I was able to remember you... Ellie.. thank you for everything." Slaine hugged her back one last time, as if he was still afraid of losing her.. of this being all just a dream.. allowing himself to show one moment of weakness. For a moment..Slaine was just the poor boy that had been beaten and hurt so much that it turned him nearly incapable of feeling anything..that had to see how his father died, and how they had taken his sisters away, before taking him away too..the boy, that went through to so much pain. That's what he wanted it to be. A moment..but as he felt the pain in his heart... he tried.. he really tried to just remain like that, to remain strong.. but he just.. he just couldn't. It was too much. He had to be strong for her..but at the same time.. he knew that she was the only person.. that would understand.. And in silence, the blue eyed boy simply started to cry...tears continued to flow out, as the for the first time in so long, the boy finally stopped trying to keep it all inside.. as he cried his pain away.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Even if he was now able.. to remember her.. it was still difficult to understand.. why she was that determined to protect him from being hurt. Being hurt and feeling pain.. was nothing new for him, after all. But if she was as worried about him as he was worried about her.. that he could perhaps understand it.."You've always been.. just so stubborn. But okay...I suppose that I can come to terms with that.", Slaine told her, still smiling. It was painful, to see her like this. On the verge of perhaps being sent back home, and then sent away to marry someone..with Michael ready to hurt her at any time..but seeing her determination.. it made him feel much better. Together.. together they could find a way out of this. He was sure about it. "Yeah...we'll always be there for each other. I'm sure of it.". The blonde boy remained quiet for a little, as if he wanted to say something else..without being sure how to do it. "Most of the memories that I have now.. are cold, and filled with pain. That's why.. that's why even if I can't remember all of it, and even if my memories are so fuzzy and vague.. I'm glad.. that I was able to remember you... Ellie.. thank you for everything." Slaine hugged her back one last time, as if he was still afraid of losing her.. of this being all just a dream.. allowing himself to show one moment of weakness. For a moment..Slaine was just the poor boy that had been beaten and hurt so much that it turned him nearly incapable of feeling anything..that had to see how his father died, and how they had taken his sisters away, before taking him away too..the boy, that went through to so much pain. That's what he wanted it to be. A moment..but as he felt the pain in his heart... he tried.. he really tried to just remain like that, to remain strong.. but he just.. he just couldn't. It was too much. He had to be strong for her..but at the same time.. he knew that she was the only person.. that would understand.. And in silence, the blue eyed boy simply started to cry...tears continued to flow out, as the for the first time in so long, the boy finally stopped trying to keep it all inside.. as he cried his pain away.

The moment that he began to cry, Elaine couldn't help but feel happy to hear such a thing coming from him. How many times had she asked for that? How many times had all she wanted was a single sign that he felt something, that he was actually taking in what she told him? How many times had she wished to, at the very least, see his smile again? It was almost like in an instant, all of her wishes had been granted. He couldn't be faking it. It was impossible. The emotions he showed were all too real. She couldn't help but smile as she held him close, comforting him as he cried. It wasn't spiteful, or prideful; it was joy. She was happy. As she held him, she let herself take a bet as she gently kissed his temple, hoping that it would help calm him a little. It wasn't entirely a romantic act, but more in the way that a mother might try to soothe her child in such a way. "It's alright," She told him softly, restraining her urge to cry tears of joy from all of the emotions that both of them were experiencing. "You've held all of it in for so long...it's okay to let go a little. I won't blame you for it, just as long as you feel better for it." She continued to try and calm him, hugging him, embracing him for what she'd wished from him for so long. She never wanted to let go, never again. She wouldn't let herself do that to him ever again. Not now, not ever.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Even if he was now able.. to remember her.. it was still difficult to understand.. why she was that determined to protect him from being hurt. Being hurt and feeling pain.. was nothing new for him, after all. But if she was as worried about him as he was worried about her.. that he could perhaps understand it.."You've always been.. just so stubborn. But okay...I suppose that I can come to terms with that.", Slaine told her, still smiling. It was painful, to see her like this. On the verge of perhaps being sent back home, and then sent away to marry someone..with Michael ready to hurt her at any time..but seeing her determination.. it made him feel much better. Together.. together they could find a way out of this. He was sure about it. "Yeah...we'll always be there for each other. I'm sure of it.". The blonde boy remained quiet for a little, as if he wanted to say something else..without being sure how to do it. "Most of the memories that I have now.. are cold, and filled with pain. That's why.. that's why even if I can't remember all of it, and even if my memories are so fuzzy and vague.. I'm glad.. that I was able to remember you... Ellie.. thank you for everything." Slaine hugged her back one last time, as if he was still afraid of losing her.. of this being all just a dream.. allowing himself to show one moment of weakness. For a moment..Slaine was just the poor boy that had been beaten and hurt so much that it turned him nearly incapable of feeling anything..that had to see how his father died, and how they had taken his sisters away, before taking him away too..the boy, that went through to so much pain. That's what he wanted it to be. A moment..but as he felt the pain in his heart... he tried.. he really tried to just remain like that, to remain strong.. but he just.. he just couldn't. It was too much. He had to be strong for her..but at the same time.. he knew that she was the only person.. that would understand.. And in silence, the blue eyed boy simply started to cry...tears continued to flow out, as the for the first time in so long, the boy finally stopped trying to keep it all inside.. as he cried his pain away.

The moment that he began to cry, Elaine couldn't help but feel happy to hear such a thing coming from him. How many times had she asked for that? How many times had all she wanted was a single sign that he felt something, that he was actually taking in what she told him? How many times had she wished to, at the very least, see his smile again? It was almost like in an instant, all of her wishes had been granted. He couldn't be faking it. It was impossible. The emotions he showed were all too real. She couldn't help but smile as she held him close, comforting him as he cried. It wasn't spiteful, or prideful; it was joy. She was happy. As she held him, she let herself take a bet as she gently kissed his temple, hoping that it would help calm him a little. It wasn't entirely a romantic act, but more in the way that a mother might try to soothe her child in such a way. "It's alright," She told him softly, restraining her urge to cry tears of joy from all of the emotions that both of them were experiencing. "You've held all of it in for so long...it's okay to let go a little. I won't blame you for it, just as long as you feel better for it." She continued to try and calm him, hugging him, embracing him for what she'd wished from him for so long. She never wanted to let go, never again. She wouldn't let herself do that to him ever again. Not now, not ever.

The blonde haired boy cried, cried, and cried again, finally able to let his pain and suffering go, his sadness a d despair, after years of keeping them locked behind a cold and emotionless appearance. And when there finally were no tears left to cry.. the boy remained quiet, just staying there, continuing to hug her, as if he was just a little ashamed.. of showing so much weakness. But if she was here.. everything was okay."Thank you..", the blue eyed boy said one last time, as he stood up, wiping his last year's before also helping​ the purple eyed girl to stand up too. Slaine smiled."But I think that we should go back..Before people start wondering why we are missing." And with that, the two of them left, in a happy and comforting silence, holding their hands.

But on the way back to their rooms.. they realized that the hallway was blocked by two persons..and as they approached them, they noticed that those two persons were threatening each other with swords, before they actually realized who those two persons were. With the back at them, there was a blonde haired girl, wearing the uniform of the Imperial Knights, holding her sword with the tip right on the chest of a certain blood-red eyed boy, with a black uniform with silver accents that was pretty similar to what Alexander had worn earlier that day, that only accentuated the sick pallor of his skin, his crimson eyes nearly seeming to glow in the artificial light of the hallway. It was the middle of the night, after all. Michael seemed to find this situation rather amusing, as he held the blade of his own sword resting on Lise's neck, right next to her shoulder. The two of them seemed to be locked in a deadly waiting game.. but then Michael laughed, continuing to look at Slaine's sister.. and just about then, Elaine could feel Slaine's fear.. "My dear sister..", the blonde haired prince said, in a voice that was.. surprisingly calm, considering the situation. "What are you doing here, at this hour in the night? And with Slaine.. I mean, romantic rendezvous aren't forbidden, he is basically your slave after all...but this late? You should be sleeping at this hour.. and what if something would happen to you? You do like to make me feel worried, don't you.. my dear sister..?"
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

The blonde haired boy cried, cried, and cried again, finally able to let his pain and suffering go, his saddness a d despair, after years of keeping them locked behind a cold and emotionless appearance. And when there finally were no tears left to cry.. the boy remained quiet, just staying there, continuing to hug her, as if he was just a little ashamed.. of showing so much weakness. But if she was here.. everything was okay."Thank you..", the blue eyed boy said one last time, as he stood up, wiping his last year's before also helping​ the purple eyed girl to stand up too. Slaine smiled."But I think that we should go back..Before people start wondering why we are missing." And with that, the two of them left, in a happy and comforting silence, holding their hands.

But on the way back to their rooms.. they realized that the hallway was blocked by two persons..and as they approached them, they noticed that those two persons were threatening each other with swords, before they actually realized who those two persons were. With the back at them, there was a blonde haired girl, wearing the uniform of the Imperial Knights, holding her sword with the tip right on the chest of a certain blood-red eyed boy, with a black uniform with silver accents that was pretty similar to what Alexander had worn earlier that day, that only accentuated the sick pallor of his skin, his crimson eyes nearly seeming to glow in the artificial light of the hallway. It was the middle of the night, after all. Michael seemed to find this situation rather amusing, as he held the blade of his own sword resting on Lise's neck, right next to her shoulder. The two of them seemed to be locked in a deadly waiting game.. but then Michael laughed, continuing to look at Slaine's sister.. and just about then, Elaine could feel Slaine's fear.. "My dear sister..", the blonde haired prince said, in a voice that was.. surprisingly calm, considering the situation. "What are you doing here, at this hour in the night? And with Slaine.. I mean, romantic rendezvous aren't forbidden, he is basically your slave after all...but this late? You should be sleeping at this hour.. and what if something would happen to you? You do like to make me feel worried, don't you.. my dear sister..?"

Elaine stayed where she was as Slaine let out his pent-up emotions, knowing well that everything that'd just happened must be taking a toll on him. Not to mention all of the things he'd been put through in his past, the things that he actually could remember...she could only imagine how awful that must be. She continued to stay even as he ceased his tears, wishing more than anything that the simple embrace they shared would remind him of everything...but that would be asking for too much, she knew. This would be okay. If he stayed like this...it would be enough. If it could be so simple as for him to act the same...then it would only be as though they were meeting for the first time. He would be the same person, minus the history. She was thankful that he could remember what he could, and that was okay. That was plenty. He told her thank you, and explained that they should head back as he stood and helped her up too, holding her hand as he did. In that instant, the moment of sweet escape from reality was over. Every step towards the stairs was a step away from her instant, open-armed escape. Every movement felt like a mistake before she remembered who's hand she was holding. He remembered her. As long as he was here, everything would be okay.

As they made their way down each flight, it wasn't long before they ran into a rather unsettling sight. Michael and Lise at a stand-off, their swords at each other's throats. She wondered why and pondered staying to see, but it was spoken too soon. Michael spotted her, and that moment, too, was over. She could almost feel the fear emanating from her companion, and she gently squeezed his hand to comfort him. How funny how their roles had switched so quickly...she was now the one comforting him when only moments ago he'd stopped her from committing suicide. But his voice...the calmness of it cut through the tension in the air like a sharp, icy knife. Funny how, in such a situation, he was concerned with what she was doing up so late. Then, he decided to poke a bit of inappropriate fun at the two of them, and she was a bit shocked that he would assume she'd make him do such a thing. She was nothing like her older siblings; the idea of making someone obey such orders wasn't enticing to her. "Hey! I-it's not like that!" She replied quickly, blushing from the absurdity of the suggestion. "And what I'm doing up right now is none of your business...in fact, it seems like the least of your worries right now." Then, he spoke of worrying about her...and she forced a laugh. "As if...if you were really worried about me, you would've checked on me by now and discovered that I was missing." She frowned. "You don't tell me what to do, either. What's more important is what the hell is happening right now between you and Lise. What'd you do?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The blonde haired boy cried, cried, and cried again, finally able to let his pain and suffering go, his saddness a d despair, after years of keeping them locked behind a cold and emotionless appearance. And when there finally were no tears left to cry.. the boy remained quiet, just staying there, continuing to hug her, as if he was just a little ashamed.. of showing so much weakness. But if she was here.. everything was okay."Thank you..", the blue eyed boy said one last time, as he stood up, wiping his last year's before also helping​ the purple eyed girl to stand up too. Slaine smiled."But I think that we should go back..Before people start wondering why we are missing." And with that, the two of them left, in a happy and comforting silence, holding their hands.

Elaine stayed where she was as Slaine let out his pent-up emotions, knowing well that everything that'd just happened must be taking a toll on him. Not to mention all of the things he'd been put through in his past, the things that he actually could remember...she could only imagine how awful that must be. She continued to stay even as he ceased his tears, wishing more than anything that the simple embrace they shared would remind him of everything...but that would be asking for too much, she knew. This would be okay. If he stayed like this...it would be enough. If it could be so simple as for him to act the same...then it would only be as though they were meeting for the first time. He would be the same person, minus the history. She was thankful that he could remember what he could, and that was okay. That was plenty. He told her thank you, and explained that they should head back as he stood and helped her up too, holding her hand as he did. In that instant, the moment of sweet escape from reality was over. Every step towards the stairs was a step away from her instant, open-armed escape. Every movement felt like a mistake before she remembered who's hand she was holding. He remembered her. As long as he was here, everything would be okay.

As they made their way down each flight, it wasn't long before they ran into a rather unsettling sight. Michael and Lise at a stand-off, their swords at each other's throats. She wondered why and pondered staying to see, but it was spoken too soon. Michael spotted her, and that moment, too, was over. She could almost feel the fear emanating from her companion, and she gently squeezed his hand to comfort him. How funny how their roles had switched so quickly...she was now the one comforting him when only moments ago he'd stopped her from committing suicide. But his voice...the calmness of it cut through the tension in the air like a sharp, icy knife. Funny how, in such a situation, he was concerned with what she was doing up so late. Then, he decided to poke a bit of inappropriate fun at the two of them, and she was a bit shocked that he would assume she'd make him do such a thing. She was nothing like her older siblings; the idea of making someone obey such orders wasn't enticing to her. "Hey! I-it's not like that!" She replied quickly, blushing from the absurdity of the suggestion. "And what I'm doing up right now is none of your business...in fact, it seems like the least of your worries right now." Then, he spoke of worrying about her...and she forced a laugh. "As if...if you were really worried about me, you would've checked on me by now and discovered that I was missing." She frowned. "You don't tell me what to do, either. What's more important is what the hell is happening right now between you and Lise. What'd you do?"

Michael smiled. "Come on, my dear little sister.. you know that cold words like those hurt me so deeply..and how isn't what you do my business?How could I explain it to father if something were to happen to you? Or.. to be more specific, how could I explain it to him if you would be hurt by anyone else than me? Older brothers must both take care of their little sisters, and punish them when they do wrong things.. right?" Saying that, the blood-red eyed boy laughed. And then.. as he started to speak again.. weird. It was as if he was speaking to someone else.. to someone that wasn't Lise, Elaine, or Slaine. For the entire conversation, he had continued to look directly at Lise, so there was nothing changed in that.. but his tone changed.. to something, almost normal. As if he was speaking to someone dear to him.."Oh, come on.. it's not my fault that she doesn't like me. She probably just can't understand.. how concerned I am for her wellbeing..I mean, it's not my fault that she does all of those things, and that she has to be punished.. I'm just trying to be a good brother.. you know that, don't you? You understand that, you understand me.. unlike her." And then, the prince suddenly interrupted that weird monologue, laughing again, and moving his sword forward just a little, but enough to leave a small cut on Lise's neck, from which blood started to drip on his sword.. and Slaine's sister also reacted, pushing the tip of her sword into his sword, just enough to leave a small cut..from which drops of blood started to flow, staining the black uniform. "Well, I would have checked on you, but as you can perhaps see, I'm in a pretty.. difficult situation, here. And are you playing the rebellious little sister again? A little princess like you should be sleeping at this hour.. what's so weird about that?" Michael sighed."What did I do? I don't know.. why ask me? I was minding my own business, when she suddenly came to me, looking all angry and stuff.. she somehow said that I am the one guilty for what happened to her brother.. which is pretty stupid. If we have to look for a guilty person, then that would obviously be you, my dear little sister..or perhaps the officers that.. trained him. It's not my fault that he was turned to a little robot... and she was also especially angry about what happened on the beach.. asking me how could I be so cruel.. to nearly kill him, and stuff. Once again, not my fault that you corrupted Slaine so that he would stop obeying orders....and then I told her that the Slaine she knew was dead.. which is pretty true, I mean, he doesn't even remember her.. how ironic is that? And somehow, this angered her so much that she tried to attack me..but of course, I'm not stupid.. I wouldn't walk around unarmed. So.. we pretty much ended like this." And the blonde prince seemed to chuckle. "But well.. I really wouldn't want to ruin my beautiful uniform any further.. and I also wouldn't like to order Slaine to kill his own sister. That would be pretty cruel, even for me.. because what's more beautiful than sibling love? It's such a tragedy when people lose their siblings to cruel deaths.. that shouldn't happen here. So.. could you help me, my dear little sister?"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Michael smiled. "Come on, my dear little sister.. you know that cold words like those hurt me so deeply..and how isn't what you do my business?How could I explain it to father if something were to happen to you? Or.. to be more specific, how could I explain it to him if you would be hurt by anyone else than me? Older brothers must both take care of their little sisters, and punish them when they do wrong things.. right?" Saying that, the blood-red eyed boy laughed. And then.. as he started to speak again.. weird. It was as if he was speaking to someone else.. to someone that wasn't Lise, Elaine, or Slaine. For the entire conversation, he had continued to look directly at Lise, so there was nothing changed in that.. but his tone changed.. to something, almost normal. As if he was speaking to someone dear to him.."Oh, come on.. it's not my fault that she doesn't like me. She probably just can't understand.. how concerned I am for her wellbeing..I mean, it's not my fault that she does all of those things, and that she has to be punished.. I'm just trying to be a good brother.. you know that, don't you? You understand that, you understand me.. unlike her." And then, the prince suddenly interrupted that weird monologue, laughing again, and moving his sword forward just a little, but enough to leave a small cut on Lise's neck, from which blood started to drip on his sword.. and Slaine's sister also reacted, pushing the tip of her sword into his sword, just enough to leave a small cut..from which drops of blood started to flow, staining the black uniform. "Well, I would have checked on you, but as you can perhaps see, I'm in a pretty.. difficult situation, here. And are you playing the rebellious little sister again? A little princess like you should be sleeping at this hour.. what's so weird about that?" Michael sighed."What did I do? I don't know.. why ask me? I was minding my own business, when she suddenly came to me, looking all angry and stuff.. she somehow said that I am the one guilty for what happened to her brother.. which is pretty stupid. If we have to look for a guilty person, then that would obviously be you, my dear little sister..or perhaps the officers that.. trained him. It's not my fault that he was turned to a little robot... and she was also especially angry about what happened on the beach.. asking me how could I be so cruel.. to nearly kill him, and stuff. Once again, not my fault that you corrupted Slaine so that he would stop obeying orders....and then I told her that the Slaine she knew was dead.. which is pretty true, I mean, he doesn't even remember her.. how ironic is that? And somehow, this angered her so much that she tried to attack me..but of course, I'm not stupid.. I wouldn't walk around unarmed. So.. we pretty much ended like this." And the blonde prince seemed to chuckle. "But well.. I really wouldn't want to ruin my beautiful uniform any further.. and I also wouldn't like to order Slaine to kill his own sister. That would be pretty cruel, even for me.. because what's more beautiful than sibling love? It's such a tragedy when people lose their siblings to cruel deaths.. that shouldn't happen here. So.. could you help me, my dear little sister?"

The moment he began to speak with such a smile, to explain that only he was allowed to hurt her, and that it was okay...made her blood run cold with fear. This time, instead of squeezing Slaine's hand in an attempt to comfort him, she squeezed it because she was afraid, too. The only difference was that she was afraid of a person, not the situation. She was afraid of something she would never quite be able to escape from. But, suddenly, he began to have a conversation with himself, something that only drove her deeper into fear. It was kind, far too kind to be to someone in the room, other than himself. When he referenced to "she," Elaine immediately knew he was talking about her. His maniacal laugh interrupted his own monologue, and the personality that she knew best began to bleed back into visibility. He cut Lise, and she cut him back. She wished she would cut him more.

He explained that he would've checked on her if it weren't for the situation, and that she was being rebellious, perhaps because she should've been asleep. He explained further that this was from Lise's fault, that she'd come upon him angry, for the same reason she'd once been upset with Elaine. He poked once more that it was really her fault, which struck her heart with a pang of both guilt and fear. She seemed angry now because of what Michael had done to Slaine on the beach. He pointed that Slaine didn't remember Lise, and Elaine could see how that would make the girl aggravated enough for violence. She didn't seem the best at keeping in her emotions in, but she'd never been one to brag. Then, Michael asked for her help in diffusing the situation. She could only oblige, but only for Lise and Slaine's sake. "He's lying, Lise. It isn't true...he does remember you. Maybe...not everything...that you might remember of him, but he remembers who you are. He mentioned it earlier. It's...okay." She told the other girl softly, letting go of Slaine's hand only for a moment to talk to Lise in a way that she hoped Michael wouldn't hear much of. She was deathly afraid of what he might do if he knew that Slaine remembered the both of them. "It took a little...convincing, and I don't know why, all of a sudden, but..." She smiled, but only slightly, in a calming way to try and reroute the girl's anger. "...He does...you can ask him yourself, if you want..." She casted a glance back at the blonde boy before she looked back to Lise. "If you kill him now, he'll be winning. He'll be getting you to do what he wants you to. That's the last thing either of us want...and if you give it time, he'll get what's coming for him for what he's done, too, but if you kill him now...if you end it now..." She frowned. "...it won't end well for any of us. He's one of the princes of the Royal Family that's held to the highest regards...he might even take the throne next...and if you kill him, all of us will die. These are two things you must consider and think of through your vengeful mind. It's...your choice, but I suggest you make the smart one."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Michael smiled. "Come on, my dear little sister.. you know that cold words like those hurt me so deeply..and how isn't what you do my business?How could I explain it to father if something were to happen to you? Or.. to be more specific, how could I explain it to him if you would be hurt by anyone else than me? Older brothers must both take care of their little sisters, and punish them when they do wrong things.. right?" Saying that, the blood-red eyed boy laughed. And then.. as he started to speak again.. weird. It was as if he was speaking to someone else.. to someone that wasn't Lise, Elaine, or Slaine. For the entire conversation, he had continued to look directly at Lise, so there was nothing changed in that.. but his tone changed.. to something, almost normal. As if he was speaking to someone dear to him.."Oh, come on.. it's not my fault that she doesn't like me. She probably just can't understand.. how concerned I am for her wellbeing..I mean, it's not my fault that she does all of those things, and that she has to be punished.. I'm just trying to be a good brother.. you know that, don't you? You understand that, you understand me.. unlike her." And then, the prince suddenly interrupted that weird monologue, laughing again, and moving his sword forward just a little, but enough to leave a small cut on Lise's neck, from which blood started to drip on his sword.. and Slaine's sister also reacted, pushing the tip of her sword into his sword, just enough to leave a small cut..from which drops of blood started to flow, staining the black uniform. "Well, I would have checked on you, but as you can perhaps see, I'm in a pretty.. difficult situation, here. And are you playing the rebellious little sister again? A little princess like you should be sleeping at this hour.. what's so weird about that?" Michael sighed."What did I do? I don't know.. why ask me? I was minding my own business, when she suddenly came to me, looking all angry and stuff.. she somehow said that I am the one guilty for what happened to her brother.. which is pretty stupid. If we have to look for a guilty person, then that would obviously be you, my dear little sister..or perhaps the officers that.. trained him. It's not my fault that he was turned to a little robot... and she was also especially angry about what happened on the beach.. asking me how could I be so cruel.. to nearly kill him, and stuff. Once again, not my fault that you corrupted Slaine so that he would stop obeying orders....and then I told her that the Slaine she knew was dead.. which is pretty true, I mean, he doesn't even remember her.. how ironic is that? And somehow, this angered her so much that she tried to attack me..but of course, I'm not stupid.. I wouldn't walk around unarmed. So.. we pretty much ended like this." And the blonde prince seemed to chuckle. "But well.. I really wouldn't want to ruin my beautiful uniform any further.. and I also wouldn't like to order Slaine to kill his own sister. That would be pretty cruel, even for me.. because what's more beautiful than sibling love? It's such a tragedy when people lose their siblings to cruel deaths.. that shouldn't happen here. So.. could you help me, my dear little sister?"

The moment he began to speak with such a smile, to explain that only he was allowed to hurt her, and that it was okay...made her blood run cold with fear. This time, instead of squeezing Slaine's hand in an attempt to comfort him, she squeezed it because she was afraid, too. The only difference was that she was afraid of a person, not the situation. She was afraid of something she would never quite be able to escape from. But, suddenly, he began to have a conversation with himself, something that only drove her deeper into fear. It was kind, far too kind to be to someone in the room, other than himself. When he referenced to "she," Elaine immediately knew he was talking about her. His maniacal laugh interrupted his own monologue, and the personality that she knew best began to bleed back into visibility. He cut Lise, and she cut him back. She wished she would cut him more.

He explained that he would've checked on her if it weren't for the situation, and that she was being rebellious, perhaps because she should've been asleep. He explained further that this was from Lise's fault, that she'd come upon him angry, for the same reason she'd once been upset with Elaine. He poked once more that it was really her fault, which struck her heart with a pang of both guilt and fear. She seemed angry now because of what Michael had done to Slaine on the beach. He pointed that Slaine didn't remember Lise, and Elaine could see how that would make the girl aggravated enough for violence. She didn't seem the best at keeping in her emotions in, but she'd never been one to brag. Then, Michael asked for her help in diffusing the situation. She could only oblige, but only for Lise and Slaine's sake. "He's lying, Lise. It isn't true...he does remember you. Maybe...not everything...that you might remember of him, but he remembers who you are. He mentioned it earlier. It's...okay." She told the other girl softly, letting go of Slaine's hand only for a moment to talk to Lise in a way that she hoped Michael wouldn't hear much of. She was deathly afraid of what he might do if he knew that Slaine remembered the both of them. "It took a little...convincing, and I don't know why, all of a sudden, but..." She smiled, but only slightly, in a calming way to try and reroute the girl's anger. "...He does...you can ask him yourself, if you want..." She casted a glance back at the blonde boy before she looked back to Lise. "If you kill him now, he'll be winning. He'll be getting you to do what he wants you to. That's the last thing either of us want...and if you give it time, he'll get what's coming for him for what he's done, too, but if you kill him now...if you end it now..." She frowned. "...it won't end well for any of us. He's one of the princes of the Royal Family that's held to the highest regards...he might even take the throne next...and if you kill him, all of us will die. These are two things you must consider and think of through your vengeful mind. It's...your choice, but I suggest you make the smart one."

As Elaine spoke to Lise, trying to calm her down, the blonde haired knight and the blonde haired prince remained in their deadly stance, with the prince's sword on her neck, and with the knight's sword close to his heart. None of them moved an inch, just looking at each other, with Michael continuing to smile, and with Lise keeping her emotionless expression. For a few good moments.. the purple eyed girl was unable to say if Slaine's sister had actually listed to her. There was no way for them to know what was going to happen.. this could either calm down here.. or continue on a path that would end in a lot of suffering. But then.. Lise started to quiver...her resolve shaken....and then she stepped back, lowering her sword. Elaine's thoughts were right.. she had never been good at controlling her feelings. Anger. Like when she had tried to shoot Elaine, or right now, when she had tried to attack Michael. Despair. Sadness. After all, she was just a young girl..and not so long ago, everything she believed about the world was proved to be wrong, her illusions shattered, just like her dreams. The shock of finding out what happened to her brother..of learning that all the ideals she believed in were nothing more than sugarcoated lies, hiding the cruelty, corruption, and pure evil of an entire civilization. All the pillars on which her identity had been built came down, one after the other. Her brother was gone, the empire she had sword to protect had never existed in the first place, not in the way she had imagined it, at least, and being a knight... it disgusted her, so much. To know that she was wearing an uniform that was similar of those who had hurt her brother like that.. it hurt her. It pained her so much.

But then, the blonde haired girl tried to turn around, to leave.. and that's when Michael laughed. "You aren't going to get away with this.. not that easily, at least.", the prince said in a venomous voice. But when Lise realized that this wasn't just an empty threat, it was too late. Michael moved his sword, hitting the girl with a calculated slash.. not to kill her, not to wound her too much. Just enough to leave a painful cut on her back..and the blue eyed girl fell on the floor, due to the pain and the sheer shock. Michael smirked, but just as he wanted to hit her again.. Slaine intervened, moving in front of her, and before the prince could react, the blonde eyed boy caught the blade of the sword with his own hand, even if it cut him. Michael looked at him in silence, but seeing only the usual hollowness inside of those blue-green eyes..the older boy simply pushed the other one away. Slaine immediately turned away to look after his sister, and Michael remained quiet for a few moments, looking at the blood that was staining his sword's blade, before he looked back at Elaine, smiling, as if nothing had happened.. "Thank you for your help, my dear sister..but I believe that there is something that I must clarify.." And in one swift move, the tip of the sword's bloodstained blade was put next to Elaine's neck. "I don't know what you are planning..or maybe I'm just imagining things... but there is one thing that you should remember, my dear sister....no one ever provokes me and survives to tell the tale. That whore is lucky that I didn't kill her.. for now." Michael's voice changed to an angry tone, his crimson eyes filled with hate. "I am going to be the best. I am going to prove father than I am strong, and I don't care what I have to do for that. I will get the throne, and I will prove father that he was mistaken..that our blood isn't weak.. that what he did was wrong. And I don't care if I have to leave a trail of blood and death behind me." The boy laughed again, a broken laugh, filled with pain. "You are lucky, because I can't hurt you.. but trust me, I can kill the other two, and I can make you regret any rebellious thoughts that you might have.. so you better be a good little sister. Alright?"

With that, the prince sheathed his sword. For a moment, he looked back at Slaine, who was hugging his crying sister. With that moment of anger gone, Michael seemed to have returned to his usual apathetic calmness, as he sighed, before he turned around and left, leaving them there.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

As Elaine spoke to Lise, trying to calm her down, the blonde haired knight and the blonde haired prince remained in their deadly stance, with the prince's sword on her neck, and with the knight's sword close to his heart. None of them moved an inch, just looking at each other, with Michael continuing to smile, and with Lise keeping her emotionless expression. For a few good moments.. the purple eyed girl was unable to say if Slaine's sister had actually listed to her. There was no way for them to know what was going to happen.. this could either calm down here.. or continue on a path that would end in a lot of suffering. But then.. Lise started to quiver...her resolve shaken....and then she stepped back, lowering her sword. Elaine's thoughts were right.. she had never been good at controlling her feelings. Anger. Like when she had tried to shoot Elaine, or right now, when she had tried to attack Michael. Despair. Sadness. After all, she was just a young girl..and not so long ago, everything she believed about the world was proved to be wrong, her illusions shattered, just like her dreams. The shock of finding out what happened to her brother..of learning that all the ideals she believed in were nothing more than sugarcoated lies, hiding the cruelty, corruption, and pure evil of an entire civilization. All the pillars on which her identity had been built came down, one after the other. Her brother was gone, the empire she had sword to protect had never existed in the first place, not in the way she had imagined it, at least, and being a knight... it disgusted her, so much. To know that she was wearing an uniform that was similar of those who had hurt her brother like that.. it hurt her. It pained her so much.

But then, the blonde haired girl tried to turn around, to leave.. and that's when Michael laughed. "You aren't going to get away with this.. not that easily, at least.", the prince said in a venomous voice. But when Lise realized that this wasn't just an empty threat, it was too late. Michael moved his sword, hitting the girl with a calculated slash.. not to kill her, not to wound her too much. Just enough to leave a painful cut on her back..and the blue eyed girl fell on the floor, due to the pain and the sheer shock. Michael smirked, but just as he wanted to hit her again.. Slaine intervened, moving in front of her, and before the prince could react, the blonde eyed boy caught the blade of the sword with his own hand, even if it cut him. Michael looked at him in silence, but seeing only the usual hollowness inside of those blue-green eyes..the older boy simply pushed the other one away. Slaine immediately turned away to look after his sister, and Michael remained quiet for a few moments, looking at the blood that was staining his sword's blade, before he looked back at Elaine, smiling, as if nothing had happened.. "Thank you for your help, my dear sister..but I believe that there is something that I must clarify.." And in one swift move, the tip of the sword's bloodstained blade was put next to Elaine's neck. "I don't know what you are planning..or maybe I'm just imagining things... but there is one thing that you should remember, my dear sister....no one ever provokes me and survives to tell the tale. That whore is lucky that I didn't kill her.. for now." Michael's voice changed to an angry tone, his crimson eyes filled with hate. "I am going to be the best. I am going to prove father than I am strong, and I don't care what I have to do for that. I will get the throne, and I will prove father that he was mistaken..that our blood isn't weak.. that what he did was wrong. And I don't care if I have to leave a trail of blood and death behind me." The boy laughed again, a broken laugh, filled with pain. "You are lucky, because I can't hurt you.. but trust me, I can kill the other two, and I can make you regret any rebellious thoughts that you might have.. so you better be a good little sister. Alright?"

With that, the prince sheathed his sword. For a moment, he looked back at Slaine, who was hugging his crying sister. With that moment of anger gone, Michael seemed to have returned to his usual apathetic calmness, as he sighed, before he turned around and left, leaving them there.

For a moment, Elaine was relieved to see that things hadn't escalated any farther...but the moment was quickly over. That venomous tone...she knew it, but the second she opened her mouth, it was too late. He slashed his sword against her back and she fell, the shocking movement going through all that'd witnessed it. He raised his sword to hit her again, but before any of them could react, Slaine moved in front of him and caught his sword. Elaine could only watch with wide eyes, and she could only feel a wave of relief as Slaine seemed to manage to disguise his newly found independency. Michael backed off, Slaine tended to his sister, and the black-haired girl could already feel the red-eyed boy's eyes on her. He smiled as she turned her attention to him. He spoke that he didn't know what she was planning, but that no one provokes him and lives to tell the tale, and how lucky Lise was that he hadn't already killed her. Though there was a sword at her neck, she wasn't completely scared, not as she used to be. She had Slaine back, after all, and with him at her side, she could do and conquer anything she wanted. But something about that prideful, arrogant tone...how he threatened her so carelessly...just...angered her, but he seemed to feel the same. He spoke that he would prove to their father that he was strong, that their blood wasn't week, that what he...did was wrong. Was he talking of her, or was there something else her sinful father had done that she didn't know about? He laughed in an odd, pitiful way, and he told her that while he couldn't hurt her physically, he could completely destroy her mental state. That...that was what scared her the most. How willing he was to hurt those she loved, just to make her feel pain...and with all that hatred, all of that spitefulness, it was easy for her to forget that he was her brother. Without another word, he began to walk away, but how carelessly he did this...just angered her. It made her blood boil. She couldn't stand to see him walk away so smugly. "I'm not scared of you!" She yelled after him, scrunching her fists up at her sides as she did. "I'll never be scared of you! I hate you! You'll pay for the sins you've brought to this world, for what you've done to them, to me! Something is going to send you to Hell, and I'll be there to watch!" She hissed, and with that out of her system, she took a breath and turned her attention to Slaine and Lise. "Are you guys okay? I can get a first aid kit to tend to the cuts, I atleast know something about that."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:

For a moment, Elaine was relieved to see that things hadn't escalated any farther...but the moment was quickly over. That venomous tone...she knew it, but the second she opened her mouth, it was too late. He slashed his sword against her back and she fell, the shocking movement going through all that'd witnessed it. He raised his sword to hit her again, but before any of them could react, Slaine moved in front of him and caught his sword. Elaine could only watch with wide eyes, and she could only feel a wave of relief as Slaine seemed to manage to disguise his newly found independency. Michael backed off, Slaine tended to his sister, and the black-haired girl could already feel the red-eyed boy's eyes on her. He smiled as she turned her attention to him. He spoke that he didn't know what she was planning, but that no one provokes him and lives to tell the tale, and how lucky Lise was that he hadn't already killed her. Though there was a sword at her neck, she wasn't completely scared, not as she used to be. She had Slaine back, after all, and with him at her side, she could do and conquer anything she wanted. But something about that prideful, arrogant tone...how he threatened her so carelessly...just...angered her, but he seemed to feel the same. He spoke that he would prove to their father that he was strong, that their blood wasn't week, that what he...did was wrong. Was he talking of her, or was there something else her sinful father had done that she didn't know about? He laughed in an odd, pitiful way, and he told her that while he couldn't hurt her physically, he could completely destroy her mental state. That...that was what scared her the most. How willing he was to hurt those she loved, just to make her feel pain...and with all that hatred, all of that spitefulness, it was easy for her to forget that he was her brother. Without another word, he began to walk away, but how carelessly he did this...just angered her. It made her blood boil. She couldn't stand to see him walk away so smugly. "I'm not scared of you!" She yelled after him, scrunching her fists up at her sides as she did. "I'll never be scared of you! I hate you! You'll pay for the sins you've brought to this world, for what you've done to them, to me! Something is going to send you to Hell, and I'll be there to watch!" She hissed, and with that out of her system, she took a breath and turned her attention to Slaine and Lise. "Are you guys okay? I can get a first aid kit to tend to the cuts, I atleast know something about that."

For a moment there, Michael really thought that somehow.. that somehow, he had misheard that. It wouldn't be too weird. All too often, he heard voices that did not exist and he saw people that were not there. So probably, that had all been something imagined by his twisted mind..but no..he had actually heard that. Elaine had actually said that. His little sister had actually said that.. neither Slaine nor Lise ever managed to answer the purple eyed girl's question. The prince suddenly turned around, as he started to walk towards his little half sister, as he looked at her with his blood-red eyes, Andheri and wrath clearly visible in them."What did you say?..", Michael asked, in a voice as cold as a blizzard, that seemed to be even more threatening than the angriest scream."I will pay for my sins, sooner or later. That's obvious. And I have nothing against burning in hell..but I'll go there myself, once the purpose for which I live is accomplished. I am going to prove father that I am not weak. And I couldn't possibly care less about what I have to do in order to achieve that. You hate me? Well guess what, I don't care! I promised someone that I will prove that father is wrong..and even that someone probably hated me. I'm used to people hating me. Despising me. I don't care anymore. Strength is the only thing that matters. And you say that you'll never be scared of me? For how long are you going to continue this brave act? I hate you too, you don't need to worry... Isn't it weird? I both love you and I hate you, my dear little sister..but I have no qualms about hurting you.."

The blonde haired boy unsheathed his sword again, the blade stained by dried blood shining in the pale artificial light of the hallway. His voice had remained calm for as long as he spoke, but he was nearly shaking because if the sheer anger and resentment that he was feeling. But he never managed to do anything else. Suddenly, the building was shaken by explosions, and the floor seemed to break under them, the building seemed to collapse...none of them had any time to react. One moment, they were there.. in the other, they were falling, between rubble and chaos.. and then, darkness.

Upon waking up, the first thing that Elaine saw was a blood-red eyed boy that she knew looking down at her. His blonde hair was messy and stained by blood, parts of his black uniform were torn up, and well, stained by blood, that slowly dripping from what looked like a wound made by something that had pierced his right arm. Despite the wound, the boy was desperately trying to hold a rather big piece of rubble that would have fallen over Elaine. From the looks of it, he could have simply stepped aside at any moment, but he was a little too far away from his sister to push her away or anything else, blocking him in that situation, as he was torn apart by different feelings. With one final effort, the prince managed to push his back into the piece of cement and steel, which was enough to make it fall on the other side. But whether it was because of the effort or because of something else, Michael fell on his knees, gripping his chest with his left hand. It was dark all around them, as they were caught under the collapsed building, and no one else seemed to be around..but the distance between them was still close enough for them to see each other in the darkness, even if just vaguely."How ironic..", her older half-brother said, in a strained voice, breathing heavily.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

For a moment there, Michael really thought that somehow.. that somehow, he had misheard that. It wouldn't be too weird. All too often, he heard voices that did not exist and he saw people that were not there. So probably, that had all been something imagined by his twisted mind..but no..he had actually heard that. Elaine had actually said that. His little sister had actually said that.. neither Slaine nor Lise ever managed to answer the purple eyed girl's question. The prince suddenly turned around, as he started to walk towards his little half sister, as he looked at her with his blood-red eyes, Andheri and wrath clearly visible in them."What did you say?..", Michael asked, in a voice as cold as a blizzard, that seemed to be even more threatening than the angriest scream."I will pay for my sins, sooner or later. That's obvious. And I have nothing against burning in hell..but I'll go there myself, once the purpose for which I live is accomplished. I am going to prove father that I am not weak. And I couldn't possibly care less about what I have to do in order to achieve that. You hate me? Well guess what, I don't care! I promised someone that I will prove that father is wrong..and even that someone probably hated me. I'm used to people hating me. Despising me. I don't care anymore. Strength is the only thing that matters. And you say that you'll never be scared of me? For how long are you going to continue this brave act? I hate you too, you don't need to worry... Isn't it weird? I both love you and I hate you, my dear little sister..but I have no qualms about hurting you.."

The blonde haired boy unsheathed his sword again, the blade stained by dried blood shining in the pale artificial light of the hallway. His voice had remained calm for as long as he spoke, but he was nearly shaking because if the sheer anger and resentment that he was feeling. But he never managed to do anything else. Suddenly, the building was shaken by explosions, and the floor seemed to break under them, the building seemed to collapse...none of them had any time to react. One moment, they were there.. in the other, they were falling, between rubble and chaos.. and then, darkness.

Upon waking up, the first thing that Elaine saw was a blood-red eyed boy that she knew looking down at her. His blonde hair was messy and stained by blood, parts of his black uniform were torn up, and well, stained by blood, that slowly dripping from what looked like a wound made by something that had pierced his right arm. Despite the wound, the boy was desperately trying to hold a rather big piece of rubble that would have fallen over Elaine. From the looks of it, he could have simply stepped aside at any moment, but he was a little too far away from his sister to push her away or anything else, blocking him in that situation, as he was torn apart by different feelings. With one final effort, the prince managed to push his back into the piece of cement and steel, which was enough to make it fall on the other side. But whether it was because of the effort or because of something else, Michael fell on his knees, gripping his chest with his left hand. It was dark all around them, as they were caught under the collapsed building, and no one else seemed to be around..but the distance between them was still close enough for them to see each other in the darkness, even if just vaguely."How ironic..", her older half-brother said, in a strained voice, breathing heavily.

The sound of footsteps approaching from behind was what brought her attention up first, and the second was the vengeance in his eyes. The third was his cold, low tone, one that struck a pike of fear through her heart like an ice pick through a block of ice. Everything he said in such a tone was always much more terrifying than when he yelled. It meant he was serious. It meant he was really, really angry. In seconds, she'd risen to her feet to meet his intimidating stature, and while she was scared, she now had two lives to protect from the fury of her brother. He once more mentioned proving to their father that he wasn't weak, that he didn't care that she hated him, that he had to keep a promise to someone. But...who? She couldn't stay on the thought for more than a second before he easily saw through her false bravery. Well--partially false. Her fear was once more ignited as he pulled his sword out, and as she feared the worst...there was a loud boom, and the floor gave way. She didn't even have a moment to scream, because it was all over in seconds. For what felt like forever, there was darkness. In fact, she was almost led to believe she was dead, but she knew that wasn't quite possible.

It was once more proven when she opened her eyes again, her ears ringing, her breath plagued by dust. The inhalation of plaster caused her to break into a coughing fit. When it was over, she realized who was standing over her in the dim, near pitch-black light. It was Michael, and her heart seized again. She was scared. She didn't want to be left alone with him, not again, not after everything he'd done...but he was hurt. He was hurt, and he'd also saved her life. Even in the dim light, she could tell something was wrong with his chest. She hated him, but she wasn't heartless. "Are...you okay..?" She asked meekly, not wanting to speak loudly enough to anger him. She made a point of shifting her weight some, but it was then that she realized what was wrong. Adrenaline and shock had stopped her from noticing before. Besides being caked in dust and battered with bruises, there was something else in the midst; a large, sharp piece of shrapnel was sticking out of her thigh, blood lacing the edges. The moment she looked at it, the intense pain hit her like a train. She resisted yelping in pain, and felt nauseous. "I guess neither of us fit the bill of healthiness anymore..." She groaned, wondering what exactly was the best course of action for removing a sharp piece of metal fron her leg.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:For a moment there, Michael really thought that somehow.. that somehow, he had misheard that. It wouldn't be too weird. All too often, he heard voices that did not exist and he saw people that were not there. So probably, that had all been something imagined by his twisted mind..but no..he had actually heard that. Elaine had actually said that. His little sister had actually said that.. neither Slaine nor Lise ever managed to answer the purple eyed girl's question. The prince suddenly turned around, as he started to walk towards his little half sister, as he looked at her with his blood-red eyes, Andheri and wrath clearly visible in them."What did you say?..", Michael asked, in a voice as cold as a blizzard, that seemed to be even more threatening than the angriest scream."I will pay for my sins, sooner or later. That's obvious. And I have nothing against burning in hell..but I'll go there myself, once the purpose for which I live is accomplished. I am going to prove father that I am not weak. And I couldn't possibly care less about what I have to do in order to achieve that. You hate me? Well guess what, I don't care! I promised someone that I will prove that father is wrong..and even that someone probably hated me. I'm used to people hating me. Despising me. I don't care anymore. Strength is the only thing that matters. And you say that you'll never be scared of me? For how long are you going to continue this brave act? I hate you too, you don't need to worry... Isn't it weird? I both love you and I hate you, my dear little sister..but I have no qualms about hurting you.."

The sound of footsteps approaching from behind was what brought her attention up first, and the second was the vengeance in his eyes. The third was his cold, low tone, one that struck a pike of fear through her heart like an ice pick through a block of ice. Everything he said in such a tone was always much more terrifying than when he yelled. It meant he was serious. It meant he was really, really angry. In seconds, she'd risen to her feet to meet his intimidating stature, and while she was scared, she now had two lives to protect from the fury of her brother. He once more mentioned proving to their father that he wasn't weak, that he didn't care that she hated him, that he had to keep a promise to someone. But...who? She couldn't stay on the thought for more than a second before he easily saw through her false bravery. Well--partially false. Her fear was once more ignited as he pulled his sword out, and as she feared the worst...there was a loud boom, and the floor gave way. She didn't even have a moment to scream, because it was all over in seconds. For what felt like forever, there was darkness. In fact, she was almost led to believe she was dead, but she knew that wasn't quite possible.

It was once more proven when she opened her eyes again, her ears ringing, her breath plagued by dust. The inhalation of plaster caused her to break into a coughing fit. When it was over, she realized who was standing over her in the dim, near pitch-black light. It was Michael, and her heart seized again. She was scared. She didn't want to be left alone with him, not again, not after everything he'd done...but he was hurt. He was hurt, and he'd also saved her life. Even in the dim light, she could tell something was wrong with his chest. She hated him, but she wasn't heartless. "Are...you okay..?" She asked meekly, not wanting to speak loudly enough to anger him. She made a point of shifting her weight some, but it was then that she realized what was wrong. Adrenaline and shock had stopped her from noticing before. Besides being caked in dust and battered with bruises, there was something else in the midst; a large, sharp piece of shrapnel was sticking out of her thigh, blood lacing the edges. The moment she looked at it, the intense pain hit her like a train. She resisted yelping in pain, and felt nauseous. "I guess neither of us fit the bill of healthiness anymore..." She groaned, wondering what exactly was the best course of action for removing a sharp piece of metal fron her leg.

Even if Elaine was afraid not to anger the blonde haired boy that was sitting on his knees in front of her, it seemed that her fear was.. unfounded. All the traces of the wrath that had taken over the boy not so long ago were gone.. replaced by his usual apathetic calmness. For a while, he just looked away, at the darkness, with his blood-red eyes that now seemed.. empty, as if there was someone there..but no other soul was here, with them. Eventually, Michael seemed to look back at Elaine, as he smiled. "This is ironic, isn't it?..but I guess that.. I deserved it..", he said in a low voice, raising his right arm, so that Elaine was able to see the object that had pierced his upper arm. A piece of the prince's blade, the one that seemed to contain the tip, a piece that probably broke off during the collapse. And for that piece to hurt him in the end..that was a weird twist of fate. And then, Michael looked at her once again.. but it was as if he was looking at someone else. Or.. as if the young Michael, the one of the past, the one of her childhood, had returned. His expression was nothing like the usual bored attitude that he had towards her, or the occasional insane displays of his twisted love. It was a warm smile..that looked a lot like the way in which he had used to smile. Even Elaine may had chosen not to think about it anymore.. but way back, Michael had really been a good brother, taking his position as the oldest sibling quite seriously. Back then, when they were still a normal family. Back then, when he wasn't trying to hurt her. Back then, when he had used to be a normal person, and older brother that actually seemed to love his younger half-siblings.

But that lasted only for a few moments.. as the crimson eyed boy finally seemed to notice her presence. "Oh.. it's you..I knew that I was seeing things again..", he told her, with a sad smile now on his face. But then, as he opened his eyes again, he noticed Elaine's wound. "Oh, you're hurt..", the boy said, as if he was really worried, completely seeming to disregard his own condition. "I have to.. help you.. does it hurt? We could try to remove it..but then we'd have to stop the bleeding somehow.." The blonde haired prince tried to stand up, to help her, blood still dripping from his right arm..but as he tried to stand up, his mumbling stopped as he fell right back on his knees, gripping his chest again, looking as if he was in pain. He closed his eyes again for a few moments, breathing slowly, but despite his obvious attempts to maintain his composure, a few tears started to flow down his cheeks. "I'm sorry...", Michael said, in a voice that was slightly quivering. "It's my heart. I..", he tried to say, suddenly stopping. "I'm pathetic, right? I can't even help my little sister.." The way in which he said that.. seemed that he was actually feeling sorry for that. But then, his disposition suddenly became a little grim. "But hey, it does seem that you have a lot more chances of surviving this than me. Maybe you'll finally get rid of the brother you hate so much.. aren't you happy?"
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed May 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Even if Elaine was afraid not to anger the blonde haired boy that was sitting on his knees in front of her, it seemed that her fear was.. unfounded. All the traces of the wrath that had taken over the boy not so long ago were gone.. replaced by his usual apathetic calmness. For a while, he just looked away, at the darkness, with his blood-red eyes that now seemed.. empty, as if there was someone there..but no other soul was here, with them. Eventually, Michael seemed to look back at Elaine, as he smiled. "This is ironic, isn't it?..but I guess that.. I deserved it..", he said in a low voice, raising his right arm, so that Elaine was able to see the object that had pierced his upper arm. A piece of the prince's blade, the one that seemed to contain the tip, a piece that probably broke off during the collapse. And for that piece to hurt him in the end..that was a weird twist of fate. And then, Michael looked at her once again.. but it was as if he was looking at someone else. Or.. as if the young Michael, the one of the past, the one of her childhood, had returned. His expression was nothing like the usual bored attitude that he had towards her, or the occasional insane displays of his twisted love. It was a warm smile..that looked a lot like the way in which he had used to smile. Even Elaine may had chosen not to think about it anymore.. but way back, Michael had really been a good brother, taking his position as the oldest sibling quite seriously. Back then, when they were still a normal family. Back then, when he wasn't trying to hurt her. Back then, when he had used to be a normal person, and older brother that actually seemed to love his younger half-siblings.

But that lasted only for a few moments.. as the crimson eyed boy finally seemed to notice her presence. "Oh.. it's you..I knew that I was seeing things again..", he told her, with a sad smile now on his face. But then, as he opened his eyes again, he noticed Elaine's wound. "Oh, you're hurt..", the boy said, as if he was really worried, completely seeming to disregard his own condition. "I have to.. help you.. does it hurt? We could try to remove it..but then we'd have to stop the bleeding somehow.." The blonde haired prince tried to stand up, to help her, blood still dripping from his right arm..but as he tried to stand up, his mumbling stopped as he fell right back on his knees, gripping his chest again, looking as if he was in pain. He closed his eyes again for a few moments, breathing slowly, but despite his obvious attempts to maintain his composure, a few tears started to flow down his cheeks. "I'm sorry...", Michael said, in a voice that was slightly quivering. "It's my heart. I..", he tried to say, suddenly stopping. "I'm pathetic, right? I can't even help my little sister.." The way in which he said that.. seemed that he was actually feeling sorry for that. But then, his disposition suddenly became a little grim. "But hey, it does seem that you have a lot more chances of surviving this than me. Maybe you'll finally get rid of the brother you hate so much.. aren't you happy?"

The moment that the boy looked off into the darkness, for longer than a few moments, Elaine knew something was wrong. What was he looking at? Was there something, or someone that she couldn't see? But...he looked back, as if nothing had happened. His smile only made her more fearful. He showed her his own wound, one caused by the tip of his own sword in the fall. She resisted the urge to laugh or smile, the irony almost humorous. She knew that probably hurt, too. Then, he looked at her...he looked at her in a friendly, warm way, giving out a compassionate smile...one she hadn't seen on his face, atleast not directed towards her, in a long time. It...terrified her. Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. It was clarified when he seemed to come back to his senses, claiming that he was only seeing things. Seeing things..? She thought wildly, the fear struck in her heart only growing by the moment. If he acted this crazy, what would he do to her? No one could save her in the moment, if he did try anything. He could suffocate her, break her neck and blame it on the collapse, and no one would know. Even by accident, if he did, no one would know. Not a living soul.

He wanted to help, but something in relation to his heart was stopping him. In seconds, he was in hidden pain, tears running down his dusty cheeks. He confirmed it was his heart, that he was pathetic because he couldn't help her, and that she was probably happy that he might die. While she hated him, while sometimes she did wish he was dead, it was never something she'd actually wanted to happen. Even after everything he'd done to her, Elaine couldn't stop herself from being sympathetic. He was still her brother, after all. She knew that, somewhere, somehow, his moral compass was simply forced into the wrong direction. He only did what he did because he didn't know better. "...no..." She answered softly, avoiding looking in his silhouetted direction. "I might hate you, I might wish you'd burn in hell, but I would never will death on someone. If not for my own sake, the Empire needs you. If anyone needs to survive this, it's you." She frowned, momentarily trying to calm the fear in her heart. "...and...what's...wrong with your heart..?" She asked cautiously, not wanting to upset him by such a sensitive question. But it was then that a question hit her mind. Where were the others?

Immediately, panic forced its ways into her veins, the fear and the panic mixing in a deadly concoction of emotions. Her panic was clear as she began to hyperventilate and bang at the rubble walls with her soft fists. "Hello? Hello!?" She shrieked, looking frantically in the dark, even if she could barely see. "Slaine!? Are you there!? Can you hear me!?" She waited a moment, the loud noise of her hyperventilation filling her ears as she felt tears begin to well in her eyes. "Slaine!?" She shrieked again, and in an instant, she struggled to her feet. It only lasted a moment before a wave of intense pain shot from her leg before it gave way, and she fell to the floor once more, breaking into a coughing fit. When that was over, she began to sob among the disturbed layer of dust around them. She didn't move from the ground. She gripped it, instead, fear clawing at every part of her body. How, how could she come so far only to lose him now? To be given false hope, and have it ripped away in an instant? Why, why must God play such harsh tricks on her? Her sobs grew louder, and she drew up her unharmed leg to curl up. "Please, please, oh God, please...please, answer me...please...answer me..!"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 04, 2017 8:31 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Even if Elaine was afraid not to anger the blonde haired boy that was sitting on his knees in front of her, it seemed that her fear was.. unfounded. All the traces of the wrath that had taken over the boy not so long ago were gone.. replaced by his usual apathetic calmness. For a while, he just looked away, at the darkness, with his blood-red eyes that now seemed.. empty, as if there was someone there..but no other soul was here, with them. Eventually, Michael seemed to look back at Elaine, as he smiled. "This is ironic, isn't it?..but I guess that.. I deserved it..", he said in a low voice, raising his right arm, so that Elaine was able to see the object that had pierced his upper arm. A piece of the prince's blade, the one that seemed to contain the tip, a piece that probably broke off during the collapse. And for that piece to hurt him in the end..that was a weird twist of fate. And then, Michael looked at her once again.. but it was as if he was looking at someone else. Or.. as if the young Michael, the one of the past, the one of her childhood, had returned. His expression was nothing like the usual bored attitude that he had towards her, or the occasional insane displays of his twisted love. It was a warm smile..that looked a lot like the way in which he had used to smile. Even Elaine may had chosen not to think about it anymore.. but way back, Michael had really been a good brother, taking his position as the oldest sibling quite seriously. Back then, when they were still a normal family. Back then, when he wasn't trying to hurt her. Back then, when he had used to be a normal person, and older brother that actually seemed to love his younger half-siblings.

The moment that the boy looked off into the darkness, for longer than a few moments, Elaine knew something was wrong. What was he looking at? Was there something, or someone that she couldn't see? But...he looked back, as if nothing had happened. His smile only made her more fearful. He showed her his own wound, one caused by the tip of his own sword in the fall. She resisted the urge to laugh or smile, the irony almost humorous. She knew that probably hurt, too. Then, he looked at her...he looked at her in a friendly, warm way, giving out a compassionate smile...one she hadn't seen on his face, atleast not directed towards her, in a long time. It...terrified her. Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. It was clarified when he seemed to come back to his senses, claiming that he was only seeing things. Seeing things..? She thought wildly, the fear struck in her heart only growing by the moment. If he acted this crazy, what would he do to her? No one could save her in the moment, if he did try anything. He could suffocate her, break her neck and blame it on the collapse, and no one would know. Even by accident, if he did, no one would know. Not a living soul.

He wanted to help, but something in relation to his heart was stopping him. In seconds, he was in hidden pain, tears running down his dusty cheeks. He confirmed it was his heart, that he was pathetic because he couldn't help her, and that she was probably happy that he might die. While she hated him, while sometimes she did wish he was dead, it was never something she'd actually wanted to happen. Even after everything he'd done to her, Elaine couldn't stop herself from being sympathetic. He was still her brother, after all. She knew that, somewhere, somehow, his moral compass was simply forced into the wrong direction. He only did what he did because he didn't know better. "...no..." She answered softly, avoiding looking in his silhouetted direction. "I might hate you, I might wish you'd burn in hell, but I would never will death on someone. If not for my own sake, the Empire needs you. If anyone needs to survive this, it's you." She frowned, momentarily trying to calm the fear in her heart. "...and...what's...wrong with your heart..?" She asked cautiously, not wanting to upset him by such a sensitive question. But it was then that a question hit her mind. Where were the others?

Immediately, panic forced its ways into her veins, the fear and the panic mixing in a deadly concoction of emotions. Her panic was clear as she began to hyperventilate and bang at the rubble walls with her soft fists. "Hello? Hello!?" She shrieked, looking frantically in the dark, even if she could barely see. "Slaine!? Are you there!? Can you hear me!?" She waited a moment, the loud noise of her hyperventilation filling her ears as she felt tears begin to well in her eyes. "Slaine!?" She shrieked again, and in an instant, she struggled to her feet. It only lasted a moment before a wave of intense pain shot from her leg before it gave way, and she fell to the floor once more, breaking into a coughing fit. When that was over, she began to sob among the disturbed layer of dust around them. She didn't move from the ground. She gripped it, instead, fear clawing at every part of her body. How, how could she come so far only to lose him now? To be given false hope, and have it ripped away in an instant? Why, why must God play such harsh tricks on her? Her sobs grew louder, and she drew up her unharmed leg to curl up. "Please, please, oh God, please...please, answer me...please...answer me..!"

Michael.. had no idea what to feel. He had never imagine.. that the time would come, when he would feel just.. so confused. Yes, he hated her. For a lot of reasons, some more obvious than the others. And even if he always hurt her while thinking that it was for her own good.. that did not mean that he wasn't enjoying it. It wasn't his fault.. that he had ended up like the twisted person that he was today, but that did not mean that he was a saint, or that he was completely innocent. His own suffering and misery had made him find relief in hurting other people, and in enjoying it. He loved to hurt others, and he loved to bring her pain, and to see her suffer. So seeing her in a panic like that..seeing her as she was slowly but surely taken over by despair.. by all means, he should have been enjoying it. But still.. he just couldn't, taken over by all sorts of different feelings. Was he actually.. feeling bad for her? Was that.. compassion?

Trying to ignore his own pain, the blonde haired prince attempted to stand up, to help her, but all he managed to do was to fall down on the ground, next to her. She probably couldn't see him, as she was curled up, broken and crying, but as he turned around, to lay with his back on the rough floor, he was so close to her that he could have touched her if he would wanted to. Normally, he would have tried to stand up..to get away from her.. since just his presence there, next to her, was probably enough to scare her and to disgust her at the same time. But he just.. he just couldn't. The boy closed his eyes again, breathing heavily, still gripping his chest with his left hand, while his right hand continued to bleed, with him just trying to ignore the pain. "I'm sure.. that Slaine is okay.", Michael told her, in a voice that was even lower than before. "If there is anyone who can get through this without a scratch.. it's him. Compared to what he's been through..having a building collapse on top of his is nothing. I'm sure that he's alright..." Even is his voice was slightly shaking..it was as if the prince really believed what he was saying. "And I'm sure that he'll protect Lise.. he's a good older brother.. much better than me, at least. And he'll probably protect you too.. you just have to wait. He can save you.. I'm sure about that." The red eyed boy then remained, quiet, again. It was so difficult for him.. to say things like these. Why was he even trying?.. But then, remembering something, he just laughed, his broken laugh cutting through the silence.

"The Empire needs me? How funny. I don't care about the Empire. I just want to prove that bastard that he was wrong.. that I have what it takes.. to rule. First Prince? Heir presumptive? I never wanted any of this..but my own blood is a curse." Michael sighed."If anyone needs to survive this.. it's you. You did nothing wrong.. you don't deserve to die here like I do. But I don't think that God will hear you..does He even exist, after all? Probably not. And even if He exists, I would never pray to a God as cruel as that." But then, the prince fell silent..telling that to her would be like.. admitting his weakness.. it hurt him to do something like that..and why was she curious, after all? She clearly wasn't worried about him.. so maybe she just wanted that information to hurt him in the future..or maybe he was just overthinking things.. "A lot of things..", Michael said, chuckling. "This isn't even my heart, to begin with. Which is pretty ironic, since it seems that I may not even be able to live the years... the life that I have stolen from someone else." And the boy hesitated again. "It's just..physical effort.. isn't exactly good...so.. in hindsight..that fight with Lise.. and holding that damn piece of rubble.. they probably weren't.. good ideas. Just like.. not taking my medication before all of this.. but I was just sick of being so weak.. of depending on them so much..." The prince smiled, as his breath became more and more and more shallow. "I knew that this was going to happen, sooner or later.."

Somehow though, simply laying on the floor seemed to clam him down a little, and as he tried to ignore the suffering, he continued to speak, suddenly moving to a new topic. "But I just can't understand it..why aren't you happy? Why aren't you happy? Why don't you want me to die? You just said it.. you hate me.. you want me to burn in hell..why wouldn't you wish my death? Me dying would spare you from a lot of problems.. and if I die.. then I won't be able to hurt you anymore.. I just.. can't understand.", Michael told her, trying to remain calm.. until he suddenly came to a conclusion. "Oh.. I see.. I must be imagining it..", he exclaimed, nervously. "You're probably not real.. yeah..you're not here, and I'm just imagining you..that would explain it. I mean..if the others.. the others that I can see right now are just products of my mind.. why would you be real? It's strange.. since I've never seen you like this before..but.. I'm probably alone.." Michael closed his eyes for a few moments. "They say that you aren't real either...yeah.. this would make much more sense.."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu May 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Michael.. had no idea what to feel. He had never imagine.. that the time would come, when he would feel just.. so confused. Yes, he hated her. For a lot of reasons, some more obvious than the others. And even if he always hurt her while thinking that it was for her own good.. that did not mean that he wasn't enjoying it. It wasn't his fault.. that he had ended up like the twisted person that he was today, but that did not mean that he was a saint, or that he was completely innocent. His own suffering and misery had made him find relief in hurting other people, and in enjoying it. He loved to hurt others, and he loved to bring her pain, and to see her suffer. So seeing her in a panic like that..seeing her as she was slowly but surely taken over by despair.. by all means, he should have been enjoying it. But still.. he just couldn't, taken over by all sorts of different feelings. Was he actually.. feeling bad for her? Was that.. compassion?

Trying to ignore his own pain, the blonde haired prince attempted to stand up, to help her, but all he managed to do was to fall down on the ground, next to her. She probably couldn't see him, as she was curled up, broken and crying, but as he turned around, to lay with his back on the rough floor, he was so close to her that he could have touched her if he would wanted to. Normally, he would have tried to stand up..to get away from her.. since just his presence there, next to her, was probably enough to scare her and to disgust her at the same time. But he just.. he just couldn't. The boy closed his eyes again, breathing heavily, still gripping his chest with his left hand, while his right hand continued to bleed, with him just trying to ignore the pain. "I'm sure.. that Slaine is okay.", Michael told her, in a voice that was even lower than before. "If there is anyone who can get through this without a scratch.. it's him. Compared to what he's been through..having a building collapse on top of his is nothing. I'm sure that he's alright..." Even is his voice was slightly shaking..it was as if the prince really believed what he was saying. "And I'm sure that he'll protect Lise.. he's a good older brother.. much better than me, at least. And he'll probably protect you too.. you just have to wait. He can save you.. I'm sure about that." The red eyed boy then remained, quiet, again. It was so difficult for him.. to say things like these. Why was he even trying?.. But then, remembering something, he just laughed, his broken laugh cutting through the silence.

"The Empire needs me? How funny. I don't care about the Empire. I just want to prove that bastard that he was wrong.. that I have what it takes.. to rule. First Prince? Heir presumptive? I never wanted any of this..but my own blood is a curse." Michael sighed."If anyone needs to survive this.. it's you. You did nothing wrong.. you don't deserve to die here like I do. But I don't think that God will hear you..does He even exist, after all? Probably not. And even if He exists, I would never pray to a God as cruel as that." But then, the prince fell silent..telling that to her would be like.. admitting his weakness.. it hurt him to do something like that..and why was she curious, after all? She clearly wasn't worried about him.. so maybe she just wanted that information to hurt him in the future..or maybe he was just overthinking things.. "A lot of things..", Michael said, chuckling. "This isn't even my heart, to begin with. Which is pretty ironic, since it seems that I may not even be able to live the years... the life that I have stolen from someone else." And the boy hesitated again. "It's just..physical effort.. isn't exactly good...so.. in hindsight..that fight with Lise.. and holding that damn piece of rubble.. they probably weren't.. good ideas. Just like.. not taking my medication before all of this.. but I was just sick of being so weak.. of depending on them so much..." The prince smiled, as his breath became more and more and more shallow. "I knew that this was going to happen, sooner or later.."

Somehow though, simply laying on the floor seemed to clam him down a little, and as he tried to ignore the suffering, he continued to speak, suddenly moving to a new topic. "But I just can't understand it..why aren't you happy? Why aren't you happy? Why don't you want me to die? You just said it.. you hate me.. you want me to burn in hell..why wouldn't you wish my death? Me dying would spare you from a lot of problems.. and if I die.. then I won't be able to hurt you anymore.. I just.. can't understand.", Michael told her, trying to remain calm.. until he suddenly came to a conclusion. "Oh.. I see.. I must be imagining it..", he exclaimed, nervously. "You're probably not real.. yeah..you're not here, and I'm just imagining you..that would explain it. I mean..if the others.. the others that I can see right now are just products of my mind.. why would you be real? It's strange.. since I've never seen you like this before..but.. I'm probably alone.." Michael closed his eyes for a few moments. "They say that you aren't real either...yeah.. this would make much more sense.."

For a while, Elaine stayed where she was on the ground, sobbing, full of fear and worry. She heard him lay next to her, and she almost expected him to hug her...but she knew better. She knew much better than to expect that from him. They hated each other, after all. Through the breaks in her sobs, she listened to his heavy breathing, and then his attempts to reassure her. She didn't turn to him, though, and kept her eyes on the wall of rubble that lay in front of her, the tears streaming down her skin, pooling on the side of her nose before dripping off onto the dusty ground entirely. He spoke that if anyone could survive this, it was Slaine, but...how can one keep off thousands of tons of rubble off of themselves? How can he prevent himself from being crushed? The thought of his broken body, stuck underneath all of the rubble maybe even only a few feet from them, made her nauseous. She didn't want to imagine it. Even the thought terrified her. "...I hope so..." Was all she responded with, keeping her eyes ahead as she tried not to think about the very possible death of her best friend.

It was his laugh that snapped her back to her senses, if only for a moment. She listened as he spoke, and couldn't help but atleast feel a little sympathetic for him. He was a horrible person, but he was still human, and he was her brother. "...neither of us deserve to die here." She spoke softly, not even moving an inch, the tears still leaking from her eyes. She was nearly expressionless, but that was only because she was both in a state of shock, and also keeping her emotional turmoil strained inside. "...it doesn't make you weak to need medicine. Not taking it is what will make you weak, the medicine is supposed to help you stay strong..." and though he couldn't see it, she frowned. "...what happened to your old heart, if you don't mind me asking..? I don't think you've ever told me."

Then, he spoke again, not waiting to reply. He was becoming delirious, claiming that she wasn't real, that all of this was in his head...and she could really only think of one way to prove otherwise. In a second, she turned around and slapped him hard across the face. It was a good way to show him she was real, but she'd also been itching to do so for a long time. "Is that real enough for you? Don't be an idiot. I can deal with your arrogance, and I can deal with your stuck-up attitude, but I don't have the energy to deal with madness right now." She snapped, giving him a brief glare before she returned to her position. "And just because I said those things, it doesn't mean I want you to die. You might suck a lot of times, but you're still my brother. You still matter to me, at least on some level, no matter how miniscule." She turned her eyes to him again. "But if you ever touch Slaine, ever," She was incredibly serious. "I'll kill you myself, damn the Empire. If you kill him, you're next." With that out, she sighed and relaxed. "But until then, you don't deserve to die. Not yet, and it wouldn't make me happy. So, for now, let's focus on getting out of here...or at the very least, finding Slaine and Lise."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse