NATION

PASSWORD

Generations of Advancement (OOC Thread/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should I get the United Nations thread up?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Yes
89%
No
11%
Maybe later
No votes

Total votes : 9

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Generations of Advancement (OOC Thread/CLOSED)

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Book I: The Darkest of Times
IC |United Nations Thread | Factbook
Co-Ops: Reatra, British Empire Strikes Back

The question is: how bad do things have to get before you will do something about it? Where is your line in the sand? If you don't enforce the constitutional limitations on your government very soon, you are likely to find out what World War III will be like.
-Michael Badnarik

Backstory
The world is currently at the doorsteps of World War III with North Korea showing mass troop movements to the DMZ, Iran forging alliances in the middle-east to spread influence goal, and Russia taking bits and pieces of land to further their territorial expansions causing massive tension between East and West like during the Cold War. Where will you be in this heightened state of affairs?

December 2015: Chechen terrorist set off bombs across the border of Russia and Georgia leading to the deaths of 800 Russian citizens. One of the bombers were found to be of Georgia origin, leading many to believe Georgia to be supporting terrorism against the Russian people. The government of Georgia having no diplomatic connection to Russia after 2008 does not response to the allegations, with the Russian government claiming "Those responsible will pay".

February 2016: Iran announces a new economic partnership to the countries of Afghanistan and Iraq. This partnership comes with a protection clause allowing Iran to send troops into certain area's to protect economic interest, but allows for the growth of industry within all states.

May 2016: Kim-Jong Un announces "The Sunshine Plan" to his people, arguing that within a few years North Korea will be able to overpower the South Korean forces. Little reaction is given in the western world, but rumors of North Korean generals negotiating deals with Iran began spreading.

July 2016: Saudi Arabia begins a ground campaign into Yemen to finally restore the legimitate government and is supported by Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and Sudan with other countries like Pakistan, United States, and Somalia playing logistical or naval roles.

August-December 2016: Iran begins to further cement influence in Afghanistan and Iraq by sending troops and aircraft to modernize their forces to fight ISIS in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan over the course of the months, while secretly sending North Korea nuclear research and components.

January 2017-January 2021: Additional bombings take place around the Georgia Russian border, to the point Putin orders a full scale invasion into George causing much distrust in the region. With the war in Yemen going on, not many did much about Russia's expansion outside of imposing more sanctions deepening the tension between the two. ISIS is finally pushed back into small towns in Syria and the group is later defeated. The Syrian Government begins to cooperate more with Russia to assist them in modernization of their forces. Later in the years Yemen is taken fully and the legitimate government is restored.

January 2021-January 2024: Iran signs a full alliance pact with Iraq and Afghanistan allowing for mutual defense and encouragement of Islamic Ideology across the middle-east with little influence from an outside source. Russia begins to go into ultra-nationalist expansion mode with the election of leaders who launched invasions into Azerbaijani and Armenia claiming "They were supporting terror efforts against our citizens". The United States begins to deploy more troops into Eastern Europe along with increasing military cooperation to counter Russia's invasion efforts. North Korea boast it has 20 Nuclear Weapons around this time, and their military looks to be at 2015 levels equivalent of the strength of Ukraine's forces around that time.

January 2025-May 2025: The United States launches Freedom Star and PATRIOT. Freedom Star being an orbital platform planned by the United States government to achieve rapid deployment to any theater of war necessary. While partly designed for civilian research purposes, the station also houses three companies of U.S. Marines, who can deploy anywhere on Earth within 90 minutes. PATRIOT is a Kinetic Strike Bombardment System which is an acronym for the Presidential Airborne Targeting Reponse Initiative to Obliterate Tango's. It houses a total of twenty rods, equivalent in destruction to an atomic bomb without radiation. This makes the world very angry as it seems to be another weapon of mass destruction.

May-December 2025: Russia announces the deployment of PUTIN. Which is a new system for ground troops, which will temporarily shield them from bullets for a period of ten minutes after use and must be recharged after every use. This does not include bigger rounds from RPG's, tanks, or planes as severe damage may occur. North Korea places 2 million troops on the border of South Korea and announces that the invasion will begin soon to finally unite the continent.

The time period is 2026. You will use real nations in the near future. You may form alliances with other players, or play multiple countries in an alliance. There must be an IC reason for anything and everything. Constant adding to the backstory is important to me.

This RP will follow a simple system of in-character management. Major eras in history will be split into "Books", lasting roughly a century. To keep the pace up, there will be a major event that will encompass a large region, or large numbers of nations at once, that will become the focal point of a single IC thread. Each IC thread will be numbered by "Acts", which will each have a single focal point that will be played out throughout the thread, lasting roughly 2-3 decades. Other events will be going on in the thread as well, that may be unrelated to the main focal point.

If two or more players wish to form a separate thread for a specific event regarding their own countries in addition to the OP stated events, they may post about both in the same IC thread although due to way the RP will advance, we request for you to keep your posts together as to not take so much space and allow players to post some stuff for them to advance to as the time will not stop for anyone as that will slow down the pace of the RP.

Rules

1. I am OP, my word is law.
2. No Godmodding, Period.
3. No Metagaming.
4. Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. Also be aware of the terrian you are invading as that is a determining factor in battles.
5. You are free to edit your nations history as this is in the future just don't let it get out of hand, but if you are playing Russia, North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, or the United States you must follow the established timeline, but may add some custom information.
6. I will allow some huge nations to have some secret technology as the world advances and we must keep up with it. Try not to make the technology OP as we want to keep some balance for smaller nations who cannot get them.
7. Be prepared to lose.
8. Any countries not being played, the OP will play out what you need from them.

Reservations

Roster

National Independence Movement of the United Republic of Kivu - New Republika Srpska
The Federative Republic of Brazil - Waztaskio
The People's Republic of China - Reatra
Federal Republic of Nigeria - The Peoples East Africa
The East African Federation - Vacant
The Swiss Confederacy - Divusia
The Islamic Republic of Iran - Vacant
The United States of America - New Rnclave
The State of Israel - The Sotoan Union
The French Republic - The New Greek Republic
The Republic of Kurdistan - World Anarchic Union
The Republic of Poland - Soviet Chernarus
The United Mexican States - Pimps Inc
The Collective Forces Union - The Emerald Dragon
The Venetian Republican Force for Independence - Alouite
The Kingdom of Sweden - Mairland
The Kingdom of Spain - Empire of Gibraltar
Canada - British Empire Strikes Back
Dominus Europa - North Calaveras
The Russian Federation - Kelmet

Applications

Country Application Form
Code: Select all
[box][b]NS Name:[/b]
    [b]Nation Name:[/b] (You are encouraged to include both its formal name and its informal name)
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Head of Government:[/b]
    [b]Flag:[/b](Put in Spoiler)
    [b]Capital City:[/b]

[b]Foreign Policy:[/b] (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?)
    [b]Domestic Policy:[/b] (How does your nation internally operate?)
    [b]Civil Freedoms:[/b]
    [b]Political Freedoms:[/b]
    [b]Economic Freedoms:[/b]

[b]Military Size:[/b]
    [b]Military Description:[/b] (ie, quality of equipment, doctrine, etc.)
    [b]Strengths and Weaknesses:[/b] (What is your military good at, and what is it bad at?)
    [b]Secret Weapons(If your a small nation, do not give yourself this)[/b]

[b]History of your Nation from 2015-2026:[/b]
    [b]Population of entire nation:[/b]

429 - DO NOT REMOVE[/box]

Rebel/Terrorist Application Form

Code: Select all
    [box][b]Organization Name:[/b]
        [b]Areas of Operation:[/b] (Must be actual nation(s))

[u][b]Governmental Information[/b][/u]
        [b]Group Ideology:[/b]
        [b]Leader:[/b] (If multiple leaders then please list all)

[b][u]Group Information[/u][/b]
        [b]Membership Size:[/b] (How many members do you have?)
        [b]Nationality:[/b]
        [b]Resources:[/b] (Does your group have access to any equipment and training?)
        [b]Militia:[/b] (If multiple militia forces, please separate into different groups)
        [b]Small history:[/b]

[b]Other information:[/b][/box]

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Additional Information

PASSAGE OF TIME

I plan to keep time progression constant and fast, in order to encompass large amounts of time which I want to cover. This RP's aim is to effectively go from 2026 to 2300 at the minimum. Because of that, the rate of time for this RP will be quite fast. Each day IRL will be three months. While this may originally seem fast, remember that most of the time, nothing happens in many years. The Modern Age would be really boring for a good amount of you if we just kept going like everything is right now. This being said, wars and such will use a concept introduced by Horusland known as a "time warp." In a time warp, the participants of the war will RP at a different rate than the rest of the RP. They will be isolated in their own bubble until their conflict ends. This has proven to be successful on many occasions and will be implemented here. If a major war that involved most nations of the world comes about, the official speed of the RP will slow down to something appropriate.

GOAL OF RP

My personal plan for this RP is to most likely get it into WW3, or at least a state of heightened tension and collapse. The reason for this is I'm super sadistic and wish to see the world burn :twisted:. I'm kidding, but really the reason for this is to make our world enter into new space. Maybe no war will happen and we get to have some interesting Space Colonization RP spurred from growth and development, maybe we will have to adjust this into a post-nuclear RP. Who knows, but I enjoy giving you all the possibilities.

Useful Resources

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:So, you're rping in/as a foreign nation...

Well, you should probably learn things about them, yes?

First off, there's a marvellous list here which helps cover the cultures of many countries so you can roleplay them more accurately, including the USA, England, Scotland, Canada (English and France), Ukraine and so on. Many people (from all nations, not just Americans and Japanese) tend to be bafflingly ignorant about different countries and therefore cause me severe pain when they begin roleplaying that nation entirely wrong. Different nations hold different cultures and different views, which must be researched in depth. Yes, even between America and Canada there can be large differences that need to be looked into. For example, the pages for America differs substantially from English Canada and even more from Québec.

Encyclopedia of Nations
The World Factbook
Last edited by Waztaskio on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 53 times in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Reservation for...really I don't know. Could be for anything.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Tag.

Idk what I want to play yet...but here ya go.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Sanabel wrote:Tag.

I was in your same situation. I had to pick some nation that wasn't just OP, but held considerable influence so if stuff hits the fan, I can try and be something good for people. Brazil was the only thing that fit my profile.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Tag! Reserve Poland.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Tag.

I was in your same situation. I had to pick some nation that wasn't just OP, but held considerable influence so if stuff hits the fan, I can try and be something good for people. Brazil was the only thing that fit my profile.

Yeah. I want to be relevant, but not major. And preferably not a democracy, because where's the fun in RPing that?

Perhaps Egypt, with a proper, non military dictator.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Tagged
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Would it be alright to reserve Israel?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:I was in your same situation. I had to pick some nation that wasn't just OP, but held considerable influence so if stuff hits the fan, I can try and be something good for people. Brazil was the only thing that fit my profile.

Yeah. I want to be relevant, but not major. And preferably not a democracy, because where's the fun in RPing that?

How about....Ethopia? They're a semi-dictator-semi-democractic sorta thing.

The Sotoan Union wrote:Would it be alright to reserve Israel?

Of course!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yeah. I want to be relevant, but not major. And preferably not a democracy, because where's the fun in RPing that?

How about....Ethopia? They're a semi-dictator-semi-democractic sorta thing.

The Sotoan Union wrote:Would it be alright to reserve Israel?

Of course!

Is of too hungry for me. And I've done them twice now.

How many changes may we make to the politics of a country? Egypt is sounding decent, actually.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Poland can into relevance!

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:Poland can into relevance!

Added you on my reservation list!

Sanabel wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:How about....Ethopia? They're a semi-dictator-semi-democractic sorta thing.

Of course!

Is of too hungry for me. And I've done them twice now.

How many changes may we make to the politics of a country? Egypt is sounding decent, actually.

I'll reserve you Egypt then.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Waztaskio wrote:

Added you on my reservation list!

Sanabel wrote:Is of too hungry for me. And I've done them twice now.

I'll reserve you Egypt then.

Thanks, I will probably have an app up tomorrow.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:28 pm

POLAND supposed to be one of the top ten economies by the 2020's if I'm not mistaken

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm really hoping my timescale works with that three months thing, because that way the world keeps advancing and advancing, to the point if one era starts to die, I can restart a new RP thread with the history we made and keep it moving with a new set of players. :p

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Tag, but don't know a country yet
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Tag, but don't know a country yet

Well allow us to help. What are you most comfortable with when it comes to nations? Democracy, dictatorship, something in between?

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 pm

New Rnclave wrote:

POLAND supposed to be one of the top ten economies by the 2020's if I'm not mistaken

I think you're wrong on that.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:

It is one of the fastest growing economies in the EU though

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:

Same here.

Just looked it up. It isn't true.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Soviet Chernarus wrote:I think you're wrong on that.

It is one of the fastest growing economies in the EU though

That is correct. By 2020 it will have doubled at pace of growth. But that doesn't mean much. Growth rates that high could also hurt the country in even the smallest collapse.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Poland would be moved into the seventh largest economy in the EU, and attain Italy's GDP Per Capita, be the third largest manufacturer in the EU among other things. However making it a real economic power in the world is still a bit far.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm thinking a Bernie led America becomes more inward looking, looking to fix itself and bring everything up to standard, before focusing outwards :)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:52 pm

New Rnclave wrote:I'm thinking a Bernie led America becomes more inward looking, looking to fix itself and bring everything up to standard, before focusing outwards :)

Again, I've already explained why that wouldn't happen, unless he enacted a self coup to bypass congress and the supreme court, which I doubt would be very popular. But it isn't possible that he could do that much without a democrat(and even establishment dems hate him) supermajority. With a Republican congress and both parties fractured, Sanders wouldn't be the miracle worker you're expecting.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Sanabel wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:I'm thinking a Bernie led America becomes more inward looking, looking to fix itself and bring everything up to standard, before focusing outwards :)

Again, I've already explained why that wouldn't happen, unless he enacted a self coup to bypass congress and the supreme court, which I doubt would be very popular. But it isn't possible that he could do that much without a democrat(and even establishment dems hate him) supermajority. With a Republican congress and both parties fractured, Sanders wouldn't be the miracle worker you're expecting.

It wouldn't work until the enxt congressional election, which is in 2016 as well, which would result in a more even balance of power in Congress, especially if a democrat won

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse