NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Pyrrhic Victory (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Done

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:43 am

Vault 34 all their guns =belong to me, unless the OP has problems
Faction Name: Vault 34, New Gun Runners.
Musical ThemeIndustrial Junk
Leader and Personality: Overseer Williams of Vault 34, ultimately. He is much more op[en minded than many of the previous overseers, he is cautious however and realizes they will need allies to survive in this world.
Most used character and Personality Jonathan Carver(Was one of the elites but now commands the troops they have out of their territory.) WIP
Locations: Vault 34 (The vault the Boomers came from.), and some of the surrounding area. the Gun Runners compound near the strip.
WIMPS
  • Wealth 8 They are reasonably wealthy due to the profits from their guns and armor selling as well as their other ventures.
  • Influence 5 They are mildly influential, due to their wealth and military might, at the least when the group speaks most listen.
  • Might 9, due to the weapons and training they are a force to be reckoned with, there is a ranking system, much like the RL US military,
  • Popularity 6 they are reasonably popular, as they are peace keepers of sorts around the strip and for the Merchant Caravans.
  • Secrecy 2 While they do have stealth groups for scouting and intel purposes, as a whole the Group is very, uh rambunctious when someone picks a fight with them.
Source of Income: Selling Items and providing guard and protection services.
Population: around 750 soldiers/trained individuals, although all of age members are proficient in combat. 150 workers/manufacturers, 25 Farmers(One of their underground Chambers has a sort of Hydroponics bay.), 75 elite trained soldiers(these guys are elite, they are veterans among the forces of the Vault, they are few but they more than make up for it.) 100 or so non-combatants (children, elderly, otherwise.)
History:Vault 34 had a massive armory that was overflowing with guns, but they weren't allowed to use them, this would eventually force a group to leave the Vault after they raided the Armory. The Overseers over the years tried to bar other groups from leaving the Vault, This went on until one Overseer realized that they would need to change what they had been doing to continue living. He started a change within the Vault that has been rather successful. Over the years they have been selling some weapons to get by, that all changed when Former members of the Gun Runner's who had fled the Boneyard just before the Fall of the NCR, they took some of their gun making equipment with them. The gun Expertise of the vault inhabitants when coupled with the Gun Runners knowledge to make guns, enabled them to enhance premade gun, not just scrap and salvage broken guns to make new ones. They have created a heavily fortified community centered around the Entrance to Vault 34, they have expanded the vault underground and created areas to store and build their weapons, recently they have also been branching out into making primitive armor. Under the original Vault they have created a farming area, with a hydroponics bay, they have a small underground spring that they discovered when blasting caves. Recently they took over a Warehouse near the Strip and have turned it into a workshop and store as well as a propaganda center of sorts to advertise themselves. The warehouse is heavily fortified and modified, and is prepared to be defended against most attacks. Some of the elite possess Armor that is a form of light power armor kind of thing. They possess the means to replicate extremely small amounts of energy weapons. They have small portable outposts across the Mojave, these are lightly armed compared to the Compounds but can still put up a fight if need be.
Goals: Become the most powerful supplier of weapons, and to establish trade routes with the minor factions.
RP Sample: FMG, AOHAV, Division 6, As Gods are We, Are We Evolving?, GW: TEI, and Might Makes Right.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 19 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 am

Faction Name: Brotherhood of Steel
Leader and Personality: Elder Laurence Alder-Cold, Calculating, Genius, and Arrogant
Most used character and Personality Paladin Owyn Lyons- Compassionate, Calculating, Smart, and level-headed.
Locations:
WIMPS
  • Wealth- 6
  • Influence- 7
  • Might- 7
  • Popularity- 6
  • Secrecy- 7
Source of Income:
Population: WIP
History: WIP
Goals:
RP Sample:
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Vault 34 all their guns =belong to me, unless the OP has problems
Faction Name: WIP
Musical Theme
Leader and Personality:
Most used character and Personality
Locations: Vault 34 (The vault the Boomers came from.)
WIMPS
  • Wealth 7
  • Influence 6
  • Might 8
  • Popularity 6
  • Secrecy 3
Source of Income: Selling weapons
Population:
History:
Goals:
RP Sample:
Waits you're faction?
Few quick question:
1. do the gun runners still exist?
2. If they don't who would trade with my people?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Well NAI, I was going to have my faction be the descendants and inhabitants of Vault 34, also along with some Gun Runners who needed a place to stay after they were forced to flee the Boneyard. I am working on the rest of the App info now, don't exactly have a faction name yet.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Pirimus
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pirimus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Faction Name: Sons of Antler
Musical Themehttps://youtu.be/sZpbCLdg-r8
Leader and Personality: Davison the Nightkin rules over the Reppcon test site, having stormed into the area in search for stealth-boys, and having slaughtered the majority of the Ghoulish inhabitants of the area. Davison brought along with him a small regiment of Nightkin and Super Mutants, conquering the Reppcon Test site and holding Novac as a protectorate area, expecting tribute and servitude in exchange for protection. Davison himself has ceased to rever the skull Antler, having regained his sanity through his exposure to the counself of Jason Bright, however indirect. Jason speaks to Davison, and Davison listens, though neither quite know why. Jason has led Davison to be more sane and rational, though his violent streak could not be altered.
Most used character and Personality Davison/Jason Bright. Jason is Rational, pleasant, diplomatic and kind, avoiding combat where possible and hoping to aid the citizens of Novac and the Ghouls of the test site. Davison is strong, violent, commanding and blunt, the opposite of Jason, but the one capable of defending Novac and the Test site.
Locations: Novac, The Reppcon Test site.
WIMPS
    [8]Wealth
    The Prosperity of Novac and it's convenient trade route have made quite an amount of Profit, along with all of the technology around the Reppcon Test Site being sold. Oh, and the meat and furs of Bighorners and Brahmin reared by the Mutants
    [5]Influence
    They Keep the surrounding area safe from attack and have kept Novac safe for years, establishing a remarkably good reputation in the surrounding Area.
    [9]Might
    The Mutants are heavily armed and armoured, The Ghouls have some advanced energy weapons and the Humans in Novac have some very skilled snipers. Davison's Nightkin wield large blades or super-sledges, along with heavy machine guns and stealth-boys. The Mutants commonly wield heavy Rebar clubs and machine guns, Miniguns being fairly rare, ammo is commonly found, especially energy ammo.
    [6]Popularity
    They are seen as reliable trade partners and have made Novac a safe stop on the way to Vegas. They are still widely prejudiced against, especially among The Enclave, NCR remnants and the Legion.
    [2]Secrecy
It's a town of Super Mutants. Secrecy is not their thing.

Source of Income: Taxing trade through Novac.
Population: 1200 Humans in Novac, 120 Ghouls in the Reppcon Test Site, 100 Super Mutants and 25 Night-Kin.
History: Davison was sent out by the Master to reclaim the Stealth boys at the Reppcon test site, arriving under the influence of Antler. Jason Bright 's ghouls managed to steal Antler away from Davison, beginning to pass messages as if they were from Antler to Davison through the various intercomms. Eventually, they convinced Davison that the Ghouls were friends with Antler, and that he should help them, and that Jason Bright spoke Antler's words. Davison was convinced, and agreed to listen to Jason. Over time, Jason managed to slip therapy into their talks, ever so slowly easing Davison from his madness towards rationality, pulling him away from the Master. The Ghouls have begun to attempt to do the same, slowly distancing the Mutants from the Master. The Nightkin have mostly been convinced, and the Super-Mutants simply follow as ordered.

Davison, under Jason's guidance, conquered Novac, establishing a contract to defend the town in exchange for Tribute. The people of Novac were terrified in the beginning, but have begun to adjust to their circumstances, their trade is almost universally safe, and Davison's taxes are not too extravagant. Davison and his mutants have assembled a scrap wall around the town, and a checkpoint at the only entry-way to the test site, manning it with mutants and humans alike. The route between the two is travelled very often, a small checkpoint having been established on the road to ward off unruly animals. The Super Mutants have begun to farm Bighorners and Brahmin at the test site, slowly adjusting to human society, in their own way.
Goals: Jason's Goal: Protect Novac and bring more Ghouls and Mutants to the test site to keep them safe and distance them from the Master. Davison's Goal: Protect Novac and the Test Site, Get more Mutants, and get some Centaurs.
RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349627
My Youtube Channel (Hey, I can hope):https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVE9RvWotAcy9p1yBBtIoAw

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Faction Name: Desert Rangers
Musical Theme TBD
Leader and Personality: Henry Adams, who is hell bent on defending New Vegas from the Legion
Most used character and Personality Ranger Gale, leader of the Searchlight Rangers.
Locations: Camp Searchlight, Searchlight Airport, Camp Forlorn Hope, Searchlight East Gold Mine, Sniper's Nest, Coyote Mines, Searchlight North Gold Mine, Matthews's Animal Husbandry Farm, Raided Farmstead, Wolfhorn Ranch, Nelson, Techatticup Mine, Lucky Jim Mine, and the Southern Nevada Wind Farm.
WIMPS
  • Wealth 5, they have a moderate income from taxing people (with representation), guarding caravans, and exporting raw materials
  • Influence 5 they have moderate influence in the region, and are one of the most influential independent factions.
  • Might 10 They are centered around defending New Vegas, so they are heavily armed and dangerous.
  • Popularity 8 They are the most popular independent faction, as they are known to defend the Mojave from the legion.
  • Secrecy 2
They don't do much anything secretly, but they aren't totally transparent.
Source of Income: Taxing people and guarding caravans.
Population: 1,000 Rangers. 1,500 farmers, caravaners, settlers, ect.
History: Rangers have sworn to uphold law and order in the Mojave desert, and to defend it's settlements. They are based off of the old world Texas Rangers, and are heavily armed. They sport old riot armor of pre-war origins, having secured it from multiple nearby towns' respective police department's. Most in the Mojave appreciate their efforts, and agree with their goals.

When the Legion showed up, everything changed. They lost many men, and the situation became critical. Then the other large factions went into a horrific war, with the Rangers caught in the middle. They avoided most conflicts, but mainly targeted Legion forces. Over time, they recovered, and started fortifications on the west side of the Colorado River.

During the war, due to their few numbers compared to the larger factions, were forced to abandon many key areas, such as Hoover Dam and Nelson. They paid great prices for this mistake, as the other factions practically took their places. The Enclave took the Dam, and the Legion took Nelson. Eventually they were able to take back Nelson and secure it. They entrenched on the wast side of the river, and turned many settlements into forts.

Searchlight was always an important city for the Rangers, as it stood in the way of the Legion troops at Cottonwood Cove and the Mojave settlements. The Rangers fortified the town, and the nearby airport, and helped defend the nearby farmsteads and mines. They usually export materials from the mines and take a share of the food for defending the farms.
Goals:
RP Sample:
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Pri, can you explain how you recruited super mutants.

Tayner, how are you everywhere? Are they yours? Because you have very low secrecy.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:50 pm

North America Inc wrote:Pri, can you explain how you recruited super mutants.

Tayner, how are you everywhere? Are they yours? Because you have very low secrecy.

What? It's mostly Farms and Mines.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Tayner wrote:

What? It's mostly Farms and Mines.

I haven't worked out the map, but it seems like a lot. Also, what about the actual population? Are they all rangers?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:58 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Tayner wrote:What? It's mostly Farms and Mines.

I haven't worked out the map, but it seems like a lot. Also, what about the actual population? Are they all rangers?

Just like it says, 1,000 Rangers, 1,500 farmers, miners, ect.

If you want to get specific, it's 850 Desert Rangers, 50 Medics, 100 support staff (radio men, logistics workers, ect.

And it does look like a lot, but that's because most of that stuff is literally right next to Camp Searchlight, if you look at the map.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 pm

An excellent premise for a Fallout RP; not many Fallout RPs touch on the possibility of the Chosen One failing to destroy Unity.

Anyway, I'm actually rather conflicted about what faction to be. I'm thinking perhaps Jacobstown, an army of rogue mutants under the banner of Marcus, disillusioned with Unity, or perhaps the Fiends, or the Great Khans, or one of the other underrepresented factions. What do the rest of you think?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:An excellent premise for a Fallout RP; not many Fallout RPs touch on the possibility of the Chosen One failing to destroy Unity.

Anyway, I'm actually rather conflicted about what faction to be. I'm thinking perhaps Jacobstown, an army of rogue mutants under the banner of Marcus, disillusioned with Unity, or perhaps the Fiends, or the Great Khans, or one of the other underrepresented factions. What do the rest of you think?

I would say the khans are a possibility, since they weren't destroyed by the NCR and the Vault Dweller and Chosen one. Maybe a coalition of the Fiends and Khans.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:An excellent premise for a Fallout RP; not many Fallout RPs touch on the possibility of the Chosen One failing to destroy Unity.

Maybe the Followers?

If they escaped California before the NCR was destroyed?

Pirimus
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pirimus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:05 pm

I didn't, Davison is the leader of the entire faction, he led Super Mutants and Nightkin to attack the Reppcon facility before being tricked into listening to Jason Bright. The other Nightkin follow Davison as his sub-ordinates and the Super Mutants follow the Nightkin. The ghouls have started to help the Nightkin to think independantly of the master, and the Ghouls and Humans serve under the Mutants under Davison.
Last edited by Pirimus on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube Channel (Hey, I can hope):https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVE9RvWotAcy9p1yBBtIoAw

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Tayner wrote:Maybe the Followers?

As much as I like the Followers, I'd really like to have my posts include more than just this:

"The Followers helped some drug addicts. The Followers gave medical aid to people. The Followers taught shit to people. The end."

The Followers don't really have much room to do much of anything other than medical work and whatnot; it would be extraordinarily dull in the IC.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:

As much as I like the Followers, I'd really like to have my posts include more than just this:

"The Followers helped some drug addicts. The Followers gave medical aid to people. The Followers taught shit to people. The end."

The Followers don't really have much room to do much of anything other than medical work and whatnot; it would be extraordinarily dull in the IC.

Maybe you could have a branch in Searchlight that would assist the Rangers? And help maybe fix some of those airplanes at the Searchlight Airport?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:20 pm

You can make your own faction, perhaps your own strip family.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:As much as I like the Followers, I'd really like to have my posts include more than just this:

You can make your own faction, perhaps your own strip family.

So, is my app good?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Or you can be unity.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:29 pm

North America Inc wrote:You can make your own faction, perhaps your own strip family.

As much as I like Unity, and super mutants, I'd prefer to play a slightly smaller faction; large, major factions aren't exactly my forte.

But, speaking of Strip families, what about a White Glove Society doing essentially what Benny was doing, stealing the Platinum Chip and trying to overthrow House? And, of course, led by Mortimer; after all, cannibal White Glove Society is best White Glove Society.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:30 pm

North America Inc wrote:Or you can be unity.

How expansive and detailed should the history be?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Or you can be unity.

How expansive and detailed should the history be?

I thought you were vault 34

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:35 pm

North America Inc wrote:You can make your own faction, perhaps your own strip family.

As much as I like Unity, and super mutants, I'd prefer to play a slightly smaller faction; large, major factions aren't exactly my forte.

But, speaking of Strip families, what about a White Glove Society doing essentially what Benny was doing, stealing the Platinum Chip and trying to overthrow House? And, of course, led by Mortimer; after all, cannibal White Glove Society is best White Glove Society.

We'll need a Mr house faction but i don't see anything wrong with it

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:How expansive and detailed should the history be?

I thought you were vault 34

I am Vault 34 but some gun Runners joined them, imparting tech and knowledge, they have merged throughout the years, I couldn't think of a good name.

This is an Alt vault 34 since you know Vault 34 was pretty much destroyed.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 pm

North America Inc wrote:We'll need a Mr house faction but i don't see anything wrong with it

Excellent; in that case, I'll have a White Glove Society application ready within a couple hours.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse