NATION

PASSWORD

A New Pantheon (Deity RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 am

Tag.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:26 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Bentus wrote:Elfkiller

I had such high hopes :'(

Muahahahha! All to lull you into a false sense of insecurity :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

I had such high hopes :'(

Oh, so is that the torture aspect? Mira gets no lust this time?

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Bentus wrote:

Ehh, maybe. Probably. Still need to make an openning post for Jileli - just waiting on a TG from New Strausberg.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:32 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Probably.

How much? Enough to completely overtake the torture or only half-way?

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Probably.

Probably depends how she feels that day.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Kinky. Well, you'll have to beat back Earth if you want her all to yourself.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:51 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Well that's something.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:54 am

Do I even need to make a real faction app for my followers?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

Illan wrote:Do I even need to make a real faction app for my followers?

It's not essential, but a brief one makes life easier (putting them on the map, etc).
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Acruan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

Nation/Faction name: The Shadows
Race(s): Any
Patron God(s): Archene, God of Shadows and Silence
Current Leader(s): Council of the Seven, a Council of 7 people who threw away their names and are now addressed with numbers from 1 to 7.
Brief History: They are an ancient guild of assassins that at some point in time began worshiping Archene after a long time ago he showed himself to them. Since that time, the original members, and every member since then, vouched perpetual silence. The guild slowly spread itself throughout the world, most of its members being orphaned children whom they brought up over time though over time those of appropriate profession have been invited with promises of power.
Geographical area and key features: While they have presence in larger and smaller cities, the area surround surrounding their HQ, The Still City, is surrounded by a mountain called the Mountain of No Return. The mountain is rather rocky having almost no vegetation covering it. No animals seem to visit it though there is a small spring halfway to the top of the mountain.
Map Claim: http://i.imgur.com/7EPBcNP.jpg?1 Red area the mountain, the green dot in the northwestern part being the exact location of the Still City.
Other details:
For them, Shadows show the Way, and with Silence it should be walked. From the Shadows, they bestow Eternal Silence upon those who deserve. Though they kill people of all ranks and races, the payment they accept ranges from a proper, but hefty, monetary payment to a proper personal sacrifice to even their own souls.

For them, there is only the Council and the Unnumbered:
-The Council being members whom are considered the best among the most devout followers. While they vouch Eternal Silence, much like the founding members of the Shadows, their control over shadows is the greatest among His followers. They are there to ensure that the Traditions are upheld when they must be, but also that Changes are made so they may survive the tests of time.
-The Unnumbered is the general rank the members of the Shadows who are not in the council have. They have the power to cover themselves in shadows to conceal themselves and the ability make things out of shadows, shadowforming. These objects are solidified shadows, and while weapons made with it are stronger than a good range of mundane materials, their strength is related to the power of their maker. They only make robes with shadows, said robes being as maleable as the finer materials while as durable as tanned leather. They are split in between The Silent, The Wanderers and Many.
-The Silent are non-council members who made a vouch of silence, strengthening their powers and connections to Archene. Along the usual ability to use shadows, they are also capable of completely silencing themselves, making no sound at all. The best of the best. Usually only taking the jobs that even The Shadows would consider hard.
-The Wanderers are unnumbered who go from city to city doing their profession along the way wherever a job stumbles upon them. They are the ones who more often than not take orphans into the Shadows, teaching them all they should know about Archene and The Shadows. Most wanderers at some point visit The Still City Under The Mountain, the one and only true HQ of The Shadows, to find out if they are worthy of vouching silence. The worthy are able to vouch so, the one who aren't, are merely silenced.
-Many is the name given to the Shadows who simply stay in a city, proving their services in a limited area. While they strength varies, they are more often than not regarded the weakest within the Shadows. Those who become strong enough, tend to become wanderers, unless situation forces them to remain in an area.

When not on jobs, they usually have a name they use in public or a profession they have. Their personal history is usually of someone that one day moved to the area or someone who goes from place to place, for a reason or another. They usually work are merchants, sometimes the owners of stores or pubs, or about any job that would get them to deal with people, and make them easy to be approached.

In regards to the payments, truly personal objects, such as one's favorite book or engagement ring, and souls are offered to Archene, while things that would bring monetary gain are used by The Shadows to help them provide for themselves.

Acruan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:59 am

In regards to my general believers, would it be better if I had some app even if they are the kind who worship in secret and in silence? (And have little in the ways of organization beyond possibly on local level?) (specially if there aren't enough places for me to wonder where they might be.)

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 am

Acruan wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Shadows
Race(s): Any
Patron God(s): Archene, God of Shadows and Silence
Current Leader(s): Council of the Seven, a Council of 7 people who threw away their names and are now addressed with numbers from 1 to 7.
Brief History: They are an ancient guild of assassins that at some point in time began worshiping Archene after a long time ago he showed himself to them. Since that time, the original members, and every member since then, vouched perpetual silence. The guild slowly spread itself throughout the world, most of its members being orphaned children whom they brought up over time though over time those of appropriate profession have been invited with promises of power.
Geographical area and key features: While they have presence in larger and smaller cities, the area surround surrounding their HQ, The Still City, is surrounded by a mountain called the Mountain of No Return. The mountain is rather rocky having almost no vegetation covering it. No animals seem to visit it though there is a small spring halfway to the top of the mountain.
Map Claim: http://i.imgur.com/7EPBcNP.jpg?1 Red area the mountain, the green dot in the northwestern part being the exact location of the Still City.
Other details:
For them, Shadows show the Way, and with Silence it should be walked. From the Shadows, they bestow Eternal Silence upon those who deserve. Though they kill people of all ranks and races, the payment they accept ranges from a proper, but hefty, monetary payment to a proper personal sacrifice to even their own souls.

For them, there is only the Council and the Unnumbered:
-The Council being members whom are considered the best among the most devout followers. While they vouch Eternal Silence, much like the founding members of the Shadows, their control over shadows is the greatest among His followers. They are there to ensure that the Traditions are upheld when they must be, but also that Changes are made so they may survive the tests of time.
-The Unnumbered is the general rank the members of the Shadows who are not in the council have. They have the power to cover themselves in shadows to conceal themselves and the ability make things out of shadows, shadowforming. These objects are solidified shadows, and while weapons made with it are stronger than a good range of mundane materials, their strength is related to the power of their maker. They only make robes with shadows, said robes being as maleable as the finer materials while as durable as tanned leather. They are split in between The Silent, The Wanderers and Many.
-The Silent are non-council members who made a vouch of silence, strengthening their powers and connections to Archene. Along the usual ability to use shadows, they are also capable of completely silencing themselves, making no sound at all. The best of the best. Usually only taking the jobs that even The Shadows would consider hard.
-The Wanderers are unnumbered who go from city to city doing their profession along the way wherever a job stumbles upon them. They are the ones who more often than not take orphans into the Shadows, teaching them all they should know about Archene and The Shadows. Most wanderers at some point visit The Still City Under The Mountain, the one and only true HQ of The Shadows, to find out if they are worthy of vouching silence. The worthy are able to vouch so, the one who aren't, are merely silenced.
-Many is the name given to the Shadows who simply stay in a city, proving their services in a limited area. While they strength varies, they are more often than not regarded the weakest within the Shadows. Those who become strong enough, tend to become wanderers, unless situation forces them to remain in an area.

When not on jobs, they usually have a name they use in public or a profession they have. Their personal history is usually of someone that one day moved to the area or someone who goes from place to place, for a reason or another. They usually work are merchants, sometimes the owners of stores or pubs, or about any job that would get them to deal with people, and make them easy to be approached.

In regards to the payments, truly personal objects, such as one's favorite book or engagement ring, and souls are offered to Archene, while things that would bring monetary gain are used by The Shadows to help them provide for themselves.

Accepted.

Acruan wrote:In regards to my general believers, would it be better if I had some app even if they are the kind who worship in secret and in silence? (And have little in the ways of organization beyond possibly on local level?) (specially if there aren't enough places for me to wonder where they might be.)

Entirely up to you. You don't even need to put up an app for a follower if you don't want to - and still RP them.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:04 am

Bentus wrote:
Illan wrote:Do I even need to make a real faction app for my followers?

It's not essential, but a brief one makes life easier (putting them on the map, etc).

That's true - I will eventually get it up but I may mention them on the IC beforehand.
Above even The Boss

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:05 am

Illan wrote:
Bentus wrote:

That's true - I will eventually get it up but I may mention them on the IC beforehand.

That's fine.
For what it's worth, the app doesn't have to be too detailed (you can always add stuff later) as long as it doesn't claim too much land or power.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Acruan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 am

Bentus wrote:
Acruan wrote:-snip-

Accepted.

Acruan wrote:-snip-

Entirely up to you. You don't even need to put up an app for a follower if you don't want to - and still RP them.

Oohhh awesome~ :3 Now, to the business of being sneaky. Last question before I think more about what I should be thinking, but!
What planes are there? Can gods make their own planes and such?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 am

Looks like I have a lot to add to the map... Are all the accepted factions in the OP?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:10 am

Acruan wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Accepted.

Oohhh awesome~ :3 Now, to the business of being sneaky. Last question before I think more about what I should be thinking, but!

'Planes' no, realms yes. The Planes are: the Heavens, Drinda, and the Underworld. Hold on, you reminded me to plop something I wrote earlier in the OP:

Bentus wrote: In lieu of the NAR's app, figured it was high time that I made it official that the Ichor can create 'realms' for themselves and the souls of their most devout followers (note that the realms themselves are essentially manifestations of the Gods so aren't actually really there per se, hence you can't have worshippers mine a realm for resources or some-such :P). A realm can take the form of anything an Ichor desires, from a single Temple/Palace-like structure to practically their own miniature kingdom (keyword being miniature). Most realms have no influence on the mortal plane, with an exception likely to be that of the God of the Dead (I presume, potentially). Consider the realms to be the 'home' of an Ichor. Heck, you don't even need one if you don't want one.

Also, I wanted to open discussion on the Afterlife of this world. I've been chatting to New Strausberg about it briefly via TG but I wanted to get some wider feedback as well. My current thought is that the souls of the Dead usually make their way to the Underworld where Horus acts as a kind of Judge, and watches over the vast majority of them. Those that he deems to have be deserving of punishment are sent to Jileli for their dues. Exceptions to this normal process are the especially devout worshippers of particular Ichor (priests, demigods, prophets, etc) whose souls belong to their respective patrons and don't come under Horus' jurisdiction. Thoughts?

@Faal. Almost all of them. Give me 5 minutes and I'll have it up to date.
Last edited by Bentus on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:11 am

Bentus wrote:
Acruan wrote:

'Planes' no, realms yes. The Planes are: the Heavens, Drinda, and the Underworld. Hold on, you reminded me to plop something I wrote earlier in the OP:

Bentus wrote: In lieu of the NAR's app, figured it was high time that I made it official that the Ichor can create 'realms' for themselves and the souls of their most devout followers (note that the realms themselves are essentially manifestations of the Gods so aren't actually really there per se, hence you can't have worshippers mine a realm for resources or some-such :P). A realm can take the form of anything an Ichor desires, from a single Temple/Palace-like structure to practically their own miniature kingdom (keyword being miniature). Most realms have no influence on the mortal plane, with an exception likely to be that of the God of the Dead (I presume, potentially). Consider the realms to be the 'home' of an Ichor. Heck, you don't even need one if you don't want one.

Also, I wanted to open discussion on the Afterlife of this world. I've been chatting to New Strausberg about it briefly via TG but I wanted to get some wider feedback as well. My current thought is that the souls of the Dead usually make their way to the Underworld where Horus acts as a kind of Judge, and watches over the vast majority of them. Those that he deems to have be deserving of punishment are sent to Jileli for their dues. Exceptions to this normal process are the especially devout worshippers of particular Ichor (priests, demigods, prophets, etc) whose souls belong to their respective patrons and don't come under Horus' jurisdiction. Thoughts?

Ok. Thanks.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Acruan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 am

Bentus wrote:
Acruan wrote:

So in those realms, physics, logic and such can get as wonky as I want?

Secondly, can souls be 'marked' for a god? My shadowy assassins supposedly accept souls as payment. I imagined they would mark or do some brief ritual with the victim so if they die, their soul would be sent to Archene for power.

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:16 am

Tag
5.)Total peace, no conflict, total harmony and no real need for military
4.)Heightened security, spying agencies pick up the effort a little
3.)Air and Space forces are prepared to mobilize within 15 minutes
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Current DEFCON: 4
THIS NATION IS FT/FFT/FanT. IT DOES NOT USE NS STATS.
Political war in Polaria 2: WON
Nomad War: WON
First Separatist War: WON
Second Separatist War: In progress
First Fascist War of Demalia: Withdrawn due to internal affairs

Proud Leader of the COD. TG for info!

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:17 am

Acruan wrote:

Secondly, can souls be 'marked' for a god? My shadowy assassins supposedly accept souls as payment. I imagined they would mark or do some brief ritual with the victim so if they die, their soul would be sent to Archene for power.

I'd say yes and yes. But the second question is the kind of thing I'm open to discussion about.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Acruan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:24 am

Bentus wrote:
Acruan wrote:

I'd say yes and yes. But the second question is the kind of thing I'm open to discussion about.

The second one, I'd imagine, would go to Archene if the person wasn't a particularly devout devout of an Ichor. The kind of thing that would go on case to case basis, possibly. Such as, unless devout enough to not simply go to the underworld, they would go to Archene.

Since I got a kinda yes, if it comes up before something definitive, I'll go with that. (They would still do some ritual, even if in fact the souls end up at the underworld though. It is their way to see how willing the person is.)

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:44 am

Jorliefstreiken wrote:Nation Name:Jorliefstreiken
Deity Name: Marús
Generation: Second
Domain of Power: Terror and Anarchy
Persona: Chaotic Evil, wants to see the downfall of everything orderly and create a world of pure chaos. He feasts on chaos and can be found wherever order has been lost. His whisperings have provoked many a war.
Mortal Appearance: when appearing to his followers he appears as a massive black dragon with red eyes, when creating havoc in battle he looks like C'thullu, when whispering to Kings hr appears as a robed humanoid to other Ichors he appears in his dragon form
Symbol of Power: Dragon fire
Blessed Animal: Dragons
Divine weapon: Whip of eternal fire
Did you read the rules?:yes
Rp Example: Infinite Justice
Keep this for Tracking 713

Nation/Faction name: Cult of Chaos/ the kingdom of Zarvonus
Race(s): all of them except for ents
Patron God(s): (May be none)Marús
Current Leader(s): Queen Virona
Brief History: The cult began when a few unfortunate orcs accidentally took Marús for a good god when he visited them and began to worship him. Their minds quickly deteriorated and they came under their masters complete control. Disguising themselves they forced anyone they found to join them under there masters control. The religion spread to zarvonus where Marús infiltrated the kings castle disguised as a priest. He took control of the queen then princess and made her kill her father and siblings. He then forth ruled through her and conquered the rest of Zarvonus through her. She is now a figure head concubine, Slave to Marús with no mind at all. The entire island now serves Marús and his Chaos pantheon
Geographical area and key features: Flat island with one mountain inhabited by Chaos drunk dwarves. Mostly forested except for new Saron The cults home city.
Map Claim: The Southern tip of that unclaimed northern island. Like the south half of it.
Other details: the cult acts as law there. Everyone follows its teachings and worships Marús. The culture is Chaos. Everything is allowed as long as the queen does not act against it and it goes with the cults teachings

Divine realm- A dark realm of obsidian and dragon where damned souls may be sent to forever face their worst nightmares. Marús' most devout followers are granted sanctuary here to torture damned souls.

Edited my map claim and domain and added my realm. Note souls damned don't have to go there its whoever decided this stuffs choice to send them there
I KILLED MUFASA

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:44 am

[img]http://www1.union.edu/wareht/gkcultur/guide/od_hades/hades.jpg

[img]http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/02/Hades_8.png

[img]http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/God_of_War_III__Hades_Battle_by_andyparkart_6582.jpg

[img]http://jay.mobile9.com/download/media/531/hadesandth_4u163vhf.png

[img]http://www.creatinghistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cerberus-MEDIUM.jpg

No peeking these will be used later
Last edited by New Strausberg on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse