NATION

PASSWORD

The Hunt for the Samurai who Smells of Roses(OOC/D&D/FanT)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Padnak wrote:Class: Samurai
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Name: Miyata Tsukiko
Appearance: Utsukushī ojōsan
Health: 11.8
---
Strength 1
Intelligence 3
Constitution 1
Will 1
Dexterity 3
Charisma 1
---
Abilities: (pick 3)
  • Terrifying Presence
  • Mask of the Demon
  • Three Strikes
Optional Bio Trained since her youth in the art of the naginata, Miyata Tsukiko once was the iron fist with which the Yamana clan crushed its enemies in glorious combat, but constant wars and feuds eventually brought destruction to the aggressive and destructive clan to its end. Her master killed in a duel between himself and the clans daimyo Miyata now wanders the lands in look of work as a hired sword, living the life of a ronin. Deadly and graceful with her naginata Miyata has brought many great warriors to their ends and will forever stand as an example of silk hiding steel.

Health rounds up BTW you'd have 12.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:11 pm

---
Strength 1
Intelligence 3
Constitution 1
Will 1
Dexterity 3
Charisma 1
---
  • Terrifying Presence
  • Mask of the Demon
  • Three Strikes
Optional Bio Trained since her youth in the art of the naginata, Miyata Tsukiko once was the iron fist with which the Yamana clan crushed its enemies in glorious combat, but constant wars and feuds eventually brought destruction to the aggressive and destructive clan to its end. Her master killed in a duel between himself and the clans daimyo Miyata now wanders the lands in look of work as a hired sword, living the life of a ronin. Deadly and graceful with her naginata Miyata has brought many great warriors to their ends and will forever stand as an example of silk hiding steel.

Looks good boyo. You'll enter on the third night of the adventure. Archive it. Also, since you're not part of your band, I'm gonna give you 15 ch'ao, and based off of the previous posts, buy yourself some gear. Be sure to add it once you're in the archive.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Will do!
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:35 pm

---
Strength 1
Intelligence 3
Constitution 1
Will 1
Dexterity 3
Charisma 1
---
  • Terrifying Presence
  • Mask of the Demon
  • Three Strikes

yus

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Never seen a real onna-bugeisha before.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Did Van make the backstory mandatory? I forget...
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Jordkloden
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2014

Postby Jordkloden » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:25 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Did Van make the backstory mandatory? I forget...

It still says optional bio in the app, so I suppose not.
I’m a communist. Not much else to say.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Jordkloden wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Did Van make the backstory mandatory? I forget...

It still says optional bio in the app, so I suppose not.

THEN I REFUSE.
Class: Samurai (Ronin).
Sex: Male.
Race: Human.
Name: Minoru Ichikawa.
Appearance:

Health: 18
---
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 0
Constitution: 0
Will: 3
Dexterity: 3
Charisma: 0
---
Abilities: Three Strike, Terrifying Presence, Very Honorable.

Short Bio: Minoru, while technically a samurai, is not exactly the ideal image of one. For one, he is quite young. Compared to much older veterans, Minoru's 22 years are nothing special. But what Minoru lacks in age and experience, he makes up for in perseverance. Minoru was born to a samurai father and a mother who was no one special in her social standing, but who was kind and loving more than anyone he knew. From a young age, Minoru was already learning the way of the samurai, and of the path of bushido. He followed through with it because he enjoyed the rush of combat, but also because his father's lord's daughter was a wonderful girl whom Minoru wanted to protect. Her name was Asami Kozo, and her father, Tetsuyuki Kozo, was a great man whom Minoru respected (and not just because he adored his daughter).

Sadly, Minoru's love for Asami was not to be. When he turned 16, the day Minoru became a samurai in service to the Kozo family, disaster struck. Bandits raided the Kozo's village, and all who could fight were ordered out into the field to protect the civilians. While Minoru fought, the bandits set fire to Kozo Castle, and Minoru's father ran back to rescue their lord. By the time the castle collapsed, only a few of the Kozo samurai were left standing. That might have been for the better, so only the few were alive to see their lord's home burn to the ground. In the heat of the moment, Minoru fled, believing his father, Lord Kozo, and Asami to be dead. Therefore, with his lord dead, Minoru was now a rouge samurai; a ronin.

For the past 6 years, Minoru has honed his sword skills. He has survived by doing jobs for anyone who would offer pay, or a night's rest. Not to mention continuing the search for any Kozo samurai, to ask anyone if maybe, just maybe, his family, his lord, or his love had survived that day.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Korva wrote:more noble swine D:

Who? Me? No, Minoru is a masterless samurai. Young too. Maybe writing a short backstory would help, because I just came up with some stuff about how he was being trained to serve a family, but then the family crumbled, his parents killed, and he ran off to survive. Probably throw a sister or childhood friend in there, for stereotypical purposes of wanting to become a great samurai.

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:09 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Korva wrote:more noble swine D:

Who? Me? No, Minoru is a masterless samurai. Young too. Maybe writing a short backstory would help, because I just came up with some stuff about how he was being trained to serve a family, but then the family crumbled, his parents killed, and he ran off to survive. Probably throw a sister or childhood friend in there, for stereotypical purposes of wanting to become a great samurai.

ah

Yeah a short bio would probably help. Especially since we haven't really been able to interact with your character as of yet.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Korva wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Who? Me? No, Minoru is a masterless samurai. Young too. Maybe writing a short backstory would help, because I just came up with some stuff about how he was being trained to serve a family, but then the family crumbled, his parents killed, and he ran off to survive. Probably throw a sister or childhood friend in there, for stereotypical purposes of wanting to become a great samurai.

ah

Yeah a short bio would probably help. Especially since we haven't really been able to interact with your character as of yet.

Much better. :D

Now waiting for Van.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm slightly tired of the whole samurai with no master trope, but everything checks out.

I'm gonna include both of you in a moment. I have the perfect spot for both of you to join in.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Vancon wrote:I'm slightly tired of the whole samurai with no master trope, but everything checks out.

I'm gonna include both of you in a moment. I have the perfect spot for both of you to join in.

Well soooo-rry! The character started out as just your average merc anyway, but somebody wanted a samurai. :P

If you think about it, what reason would a samurai with a lord have for leaving his lord's side? I guess that's why most samurai here are masterless, so we have the freedom to go wherever. At least mine might eventually find his lord.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Vancon wrote:I'm slightly tired of the whole samurai with no master trope, but everything checks out.

Well soooo-rry! The character started out as just your average merc anyway, but somebody wanted a samurai. :P

If you think about it, what reason would a samurai with a lord have for leaving his lord's side? I guess that's why most samurai here are masterless, so we have the freedom to go wherever. At least mine might eventually find his lord.

Mhm. No worries; be happy. New abilities are now up!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014

Postby Anowa » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Actually. Fun fact: nearing the end of the Shogunate, Samurai became more and more independent, so this fits kinda.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Temp, you'll need to put your char in the archive. Also, you have 15 ch'ao. based off of the previous comments, you can purchase some gear with it. I would suggest some armour or food.

Sorry, I missed 5 ch'ao. I added it in.
Last edited by Vancon on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Vancon wrote:Temp, you'll need to put your char in the archive. Also, you have 10 ch'ao. based off of the previous comments, you can purchase some gear with it. I would suggest some armour or food.

Ugh, gotta go back and read to buy shit?
Not kewl, bro. :P

OOC reading or IC reading? I've only read the O.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Vancon wrote:Temp, you'll need to put your char in the archive. Also, you have 10 ch'ao. based off of the previous comments, you can purchase some gear with it. I would suggest some armour or food.

Ugh, gotta go back and read to buy shit?

OOC mentions it here and there, with the IC mentioning it too. I bumped your spending money up to 15 as well.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Vancon wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Ugh, gotta go back and read to buy shit?

OOC mentions it here and there, with the IC mentioning it too. I bumped your spending money up to 15 as well.

So... I should go and read which in-depth?
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Vancon wrote:OOC mentions it here and there, with the IC mentioning it too. I bumped your spending money up to 15 as well.

So... I should go and read which in-depth?

IC, since the ooc is the same. It's just that there's less IC and it's a more interesting read.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Vancon wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:So... I should go and read which in-depth?

IC, since the ooc is the same. It's just that there's less IC and it's a more interesting read.

Before I go in and look for stuff to buy, shouldn't there be a katana in my equipment already? Since samurai get "insane and uncomfortable" without their signature weapon?

Anyway, I'll go digging for prices now.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Vancon wrote:IC, since the ooc is the same. It's just that there's less IC and it's a more interesting read.

Before I go in and look for stuff to buy, shouldn't there be a katana in my equipment already? Since samurai get "insane and uncomfortable" without their signature weapon?

Anyway, I'll go digging for prices now.

Yes. You and Pad aren't initially part of our group, so I assume you're already geared up.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Once pad and Temp post, we can move on. You as a group will need to decide what to do, and there is a map to help you with this choice. Check
Last edited by Vancon on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse