NATION

PASSWORD

Bunch of Rag Tag Bastards: An 1863 Crime RP (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 am

NationStates Name: Ausie the Great and Powerful
Character Name: Eddie Wright
Ethnicity: Irish-American(Pale white boy)
Appearance:
http://www.dvrbs.com/people/Images/GeorgeShields-001.jpg

Allegiance: 6th Precinct
Weapons: Colt Model 1855 Revolving Carbine, Colt Model 1862 Police, Custom Made Dagger
Personality: Kind and Warm-Hearted, he sympathies with the Civilians caught in the cross fire. He has no issues, however, with killing any criminal who attempts to harm him, his citizens, or his brothers on the force
Skills: Hand-to-Hand, Shooting, and fairly good at talking.
Bio: Born to Irish Parents who'd immigrated to America, Eddie was always around violence. His older brother was a member of the Dead Rabbits gang, and as such had tried to get his little brother to join. Eddie refused, hoping for a brighter future. His decision was proved right when his brother was killed on a dark snowy night by some Bowery Boys who'd ransacked their house. His father was severely beaten and his mother was forced to watch. It was then Eddie vowed to get his revenge. But instead of joining a gang as his brother had, he joined the police force. Over the years with the police he rose through the ranks, in part by his remarkible strength and shooting skill, and in part by his charmingness and ass-kissery. Eddie's main target was the Bowery Boys, but if the Dead Rabbits ever got in his way he didn't hesitate to knock a few heads or shoot a few rounds at them.
RP Examples:
Last edited by Australian Antarctica on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:20 am

Oooooook guys with the exception of New Grestin should he wish to be a detective, the police is now closed as a fsction. Those applying currently may still apply, but newcomers are now to be in a gang.
Last edited by Sarejo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:NationStates Name: James Usari
Character Name: Col. Peter Smith-Parker
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance:
(Image)
Allegiance: New York City Police
Weapons: Model 1860 light cavalry sabre, Colt Police Percussion revolver
Personality: A combination of hot-headedness and ease of mind finds itself in the personality of Smith-Parker. He normally is one for the more quiet parts of life, finding relaxation in a good scotch or a play. Whenever he’s given the chance, however, he will not hesitate to grab the sword, shout ‘Hallelujah’ and get into the fray. A pleasant man, overall.
Skills: A good fencer and a good shot, Peter is an officer through and through. He knows how to command on the battlefield, and how to drill men.
Bio: Peter Smith-Parker was born a Brit, five years before the battle of Waterloo. He was born to a true soldier’s family. His grandfather had fought the French in the French and Indian wars, his father had fought the colonial scum in the American War of Colonial Aggression, and he had served in Europe during Napoleon’s many coalition wars. The destiny of Peter seemed assured from the very beginning. He joined the military academy at a very young age, and was basically a battle-ready officer by the time he was finished.

This, he prove even more when his Lancaster Regiment was sent out abroad for service. Peter fought the Afghans during the disastrous Afghan wars, kicked some Latin butt in the Uruguayan Civil War, and, eventually, landed himself in the Crimean war, where he fought the Russian forces in famous battles like Balaclava. He fought as a true Brit would, with the sabre and the bayonet, trying to force his enemies from the fields or into the pits of hell. Both would be acceptable alternatives.

Although, that didn’t seem to be enough. Even though he was a competent officer, having performed many feats of heroism throughout all wars, he didn’t rise in rank fast enough. Even during the Crimean war, where he basically fought his way across the entire peninsula, the high command didn’t deem it necessary to promote him. Mostly because he wasn’t of noble blood. This aggrieved Peter to such an extent that he made a decision after the war was over. He would emigrate to the US. There, the slowly developing army was always looking for new officers with experience, so he took his wife with him and moved to New York, where he landed himself as an officer in the local militia.

This was his job, until the dreaded year 1860. Peter was one of the first men to volunteer, he had been sitting idly by for too long. They made him a colonel, gave him a regiment, and sent him off to fight the hated southern rebels. Off with their heads! During this campaign, he fought in various battles, the most important of which was the battle of Malvern Hill. Since the beginning of the war, Peter had loathed the American style of fighting. As a true bayonet leader, the constant shooting and reloading of the US soldiers got to him. He would have none of it. One or two volleys, at most, followed by a bayonet charge. That was how wars should be fought. Thus, when the Confederates charged his positions, he charged back.

Eventually, this action won him the day. But it came at a cost. During the charge, the Confederates had begun taking shots at his men, whom Peter was leading from the front. He received his reward for his heroism; a minie ball in the kneecap. He demanded to be carried towards the Confederate lines to take a few swings and shots, but to no avail. He had to be carried back to the camp, where a surgeon tried to remove his leg. The revolver Peter held helped dissuade him from that course, but the leg was never again what it was before. Peter was sent back to New York to help organise the police force there, while the war was claiming the best officers and soldiers. And that is where we find him today.

ACCEPTED. But remember, you're a character, not the whole police force.
Cheers mates.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28 am

There's a lot of coppers
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 am

Sarejo wrote:Oooooook guys with the exception of New Grestin should he wish to be a detective, the police is now closed as a fsction. Those applying currently may still apply, but newcomers are now to be in a gang.

Dammit :p

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 am

The Krogan wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Oooooook guys with the exception of New Grestin should he wish to be a detective, the police is now closed as a fsction. Those applying currently may still apply, but newcomers are now to be in a gang.

God man, in the title it says CRIME RP lol.
Cheers mates.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:33 am

Sarejo wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

I suppose I can be a rabbit, kill some Bowery boys and be a general shit disturber. :p

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:34 am

The Krogan wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I suppose I can be a rabbit, kill some Bowery boys and be a general shit disturber. :p

No complaints there lol
Cheers mates.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:36 am

Sarejo wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

Damn me and my morals.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:40 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

Damn me and my morals.

That^

Suppose I can toss them to the way side for this one though.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

Damn me and my morals.

I'd have no qualms if I was a ganger in here. Just wouldn't kill women or children.
Cheers mates.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 am

In all fairness, I planned honest Ragnar to become more and more corrupt over time.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 am

Kinky Bastards wrote:In all fairness, I planned honest Ragnar to become more and more corrupt over time.

I planned on being a confederate spy in the police force, but I haven't started an app yet.

I'll be a spy in a gang who's blackmailing a cop. Is that good?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 am

Tayner wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:In all fairness, I planned honest Ragnar to become more and more corrupt over time.

I planned on being a confederate spy in the police force, but I haven't started an app yet.

I'm thinking that might be the Bowry boys then.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 am

Tayner wrote:

Fine by me.
Cheers mates.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 am

Finished my app.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:40 am

Kinky Bastards wrote:NationStates Name: Kinky Bastards
Character Name: Ragnar Persson
Ethnicity: Swedish
Appearance: Ignore the ring in his ear.
Allegiance: 6th Precinct, New York City Police
Weapons: Baton, Colt revolver.
Personality: Friendly, naive, quiet. Well-mannered and nice, unless angry or drunk.
Skills: He doesn't look like a mountain of muscles, but years of hard work as a farmhand has made him naturally strong. He has never studied boxing or anything similsr, but he's been in a couple of fights and knows how to defend himself and take down an opponent. And as mentioned, strong hard hands. Hidden talent: A good singer and accordion player (though mediocer at the violin).
Bio: Born in late 1841 in a small village outside a small town in Småland, Sweden, to a poor single maid, fired and banished from the farm after the farmer knocked her up to avoid scandal since he was already married, Ragnar's future didn't seem the brightest. But luckily the local priest took pity on his mother and her newborn child, he allowed them to live on his/the church's estate and hired his mother as a maid.

In school Ragnar was often teased for being a bastard, but he tried to not let it affect him. But when it did, fights erupted. The teachers saw him as a troublemaker, but he did all right in class and finished with decent grades. Now a young adult, he started to work as a farmhand for the priest. The pay wasn't the best, but it was far from the worst, and Ragnar saved every penny. He didn't have a clear goal with it, but figured it could become handy in the future.

With his blonde hair, blue eyes, and height, Ragnar was quite the looker and had no troubles with girls. His boyish charm didn't hurt either. One of the women who fell for him was the priest's wife, who tried to seduce him. Ragnar refused. But as the saying goes, "hell hath no fury like a scorned woman". She told her husband that Ragnar had tried to rape her, and he believed his wife. Furious, the priest kicked out both Ragnar and his mother.

They were now homeless and their reputations were ruined. No one would shelter or hire either of them. But Ragnar came up with an idea. With the money he had saved, it was enough for two tickets to America! Looking for a better future, they migrated. His mom found work in a wealthy home, but Ragnar had to look out so he wouldn't be drafted. He hadn't sailed across the Atlantic to fight in a war he had nothing to do with. But it was tiresome to hide. In an attempt to get away, he joined the police force. He figured it was a safer job than in the army, but important enough that he wouldn't be drafted. Though he is starting to doubt about that.
RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... &start=150
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&start=25
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 0&start=50

If Ragnar turns out to be bad at English, it is because he is, not I... :p

ACCEPTED
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 am

What I find funny is that you guys were hyped for a crime RP, yet almost everyone then decides to join the cops xD
Cheers mates.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Sarejo wrote:What I find funny is that you guys were hyped for a crime RP, yet almost everyone then decides to join the cops xD

What's also funny is how this immediately reminded me of "Gangs of New York", but I didn't remember the name of the movie until now.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Sarejo wrote:What I find funny is that you guys were hyped for a crime RP, yet almost everyone then decides to join the cops xD

What's also funny is how this immediately reminded me of "Gangs of New York", but I didn't remember the name of the movie until now.

That's because GoNY takes place in Five Points in 1863 right around the time this does. However I'm basing this a lot on that show Copper, which is from an Irish-American Detective's perspective in Five Points, also in 1863 around the same time. He's also a Union veteran. See the similarities in my character and his? ;)
Cheers mates.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:What's also funny is how this immediately reminded me of "Gangs of New York", but I didn't remember the name of the movie until now.

That's because GoNY takes place in Five Points in 1863 right around the time this does. However I'm basing this a lot on that show Copper, which is from an Irish-American Detective's perspective in Five Points, also in 1863 around the same time. He's also a Union veteran. See the similarities in my character and his? ;)

I'm not sure I've seen that show, maybe a random episode of it.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I'm not sure I've seen that show, maybe a random episode of it.

It's a great show.
Cheers mates.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:I'm not sure I've seen that show, maybe a random episode of it.

It's a great show.

Sounds interesting.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:34 pm

NationStates Name: Tay-Tay
Character Name: David Foster
Ethnicity: White (Trash)
Appearance:

Allegiance: Bowry Boys / Confederacy
Weapons: LeMat Revolver, Bowie knife.
Personality: Doesn't have a standpoint on slavery, ruthless in getting his job done, doesn't care if he destroys someone's life.
Skills: Shooting, spying, arson.
Bio: Born in a small town in Northern Virginia, David was raised hating the Union. He was in a town where it was mostly poor white people, and he never did care for slavery. He joined in the Civil War originally as a soldier but was dismissed after receiving a bullet wound in his left arm. He soon gave up his military life, and became a Confederate Spy. Richmond sent him to Five Points to keep tabs on Union activities there.

Once he got dirt on a dirty cop in the 6th, he started blackmailing him. David uses the corrupt cop to keep tabs on the 6th, wile helping the Bowry Boys stay out of trouble. He doesn't usually help the gang fight, but does more behind the scenes work. Bribing, threatening, and doing reconnaissance on cops. He sends reports to Richmond at a secure telegraph office protected by the Bowry Boys.
RP Examples: If you don't know me by now, I will, in all seriousness, cry.
Last edited by Tayner on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Grand Britaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Grand Britaria » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Aight, so I've been rewatching Deadwood recently and I saw this. They don't go exactly hand in hand and I've not really done much RP outside my region, but I might try my hand at this.

NationStates Name: Grand Britaria
Character Name: Zachary Morgan
Ethnicity: Caucasian, American
Appearance:

Allegiance: Bowery Boys
Weapons: Revolver, knife, owns a set of knuckle dusters
Personality: Morgan is a cold-hearted, ruthless killer working for the Bowery Boys. He's a calculating agent in the employ of the New York gang with a net of connections ranging from arms dealers to opium sellers. His shrewd business sense has provided him with the opportunities to become a respected member of the Bowery Boys, if a feared one. His loyalty is largely to himself, despite his gang affiliation, but he continues to work under the Boys.
Skills: Keen business sense, unrestrained by a moral compass, good with a knife in close quarters.
Bio: Zachary Nathan Morgan was born in 1827 in Detroit to a drunk, abusive father and a prostitute mother. Morgan grew up in poverty with his brother and sister, and was a witness to repeated acts of violence against his mother by his father. When he was 11, in 1838, his mother absconded to Chicago with Zachary and his siblings, deserting his father.

Chicago was little better for the Morgans than Detroit was, and they once against ended up in poverty. Zachary grew up amongst drunks and thieves, giving him a street-smart education. When he was 19, he rode out to Detroit to confront his father. Finding him a frail drunk, he murdered him and framed a homeless vagrant as the murderer. Instead of returning to Chicago, Zachary took work in a bar where he regularly smuggled opium for the owner. Zachary took over the establishment at the age of 28 after the previous owner died mysteriously. He promptly sold the property and used the money to take passage to New York City, where he brought a derelict housing block in Five Points. Within a year, Zachary was the owner of the Five Rubies bar.

It was from the Rubies that Zachary began his small-time crime operation, smuggling drugs and weapons across the city and further afield. The Rubies soon developed a reputation as a den of inequity and degeneracy, a place where one could purchase opiates, prostitutes and liquor. Soon enough, Morgan came into contact with the Bowery Boys, a local crime gang. After meeting the leader of the gang, Zachary agreed to join them, making the Five Rubies a frequent base of operations for the Boys.
RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=306456

Taken a few liberties with the idea of the Rubies being a hangout for the Bowery Boys, but if you have an issue with it just say and I'm happy to change it. Just thought it'd be pretty cool for them to have some sort of hangout/retreat.
Pro: Social democracy, LGBT rights, soft drug decriminalisation, European Union, UK Green Parties, green politics, direct democracy, UK Labour Party, proportional representation

Against: Fascism, authoritarianism, non-secular states, censorship, mass surveillance, Euroscepticism, UKIP, UK Conservatives, US Republicans, racism/prejudice/discrimination, British political system, Neo-liberalism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse