NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, OOC 3, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Rob, excellent OST description for me. I'm honored, to be honest, that I managed to convey the correct feelings I wanted others to experience when I spend hours searching and comparing potential themes for my characters and scenes (when appropriate). You MVP of the Day today, homie.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Lavan Tiri wrote:Yes…

Just, yes.

Not only is your taste in shows shit, but also, your taste in music. Besides, the IJ universe is too varied and expansive to be accurately depicted by one score. Each player has their own for everyone. Some of mine include...

For me, an a symphonic metal piece with a combination of choirs and orchestrated sections to bring a level of excitement and action to a vicious fight scene, or one that begins slow and builds up, to mirror the building intensity and power of a transformation. My scenes and the music I listened to while writing them are designed to be fast and intense during fights, but first have a slow buildup, conveying a sense of darkness, as the thirst for powers inherent in the Saiyans shows itself in Okarot.

For Star, an epic orchestral piece, laden with fastly played stringed instrumentals and melodies that convey a sense of urgency and scale of battle, suited for the fantasy style combat his characters usually exhibit, usually involving some kind of weapon duel.

For Neros, a slowly building dark theme, one that conveys a moral ambiguity, much like the one present in Mad Max. He is not purely an epic hero, but also has a dark side, and any kind of music to go with it should represent this. But, he also has some relatable moments that remind us he is still human, so somewhere in his eerie and bleak ost, there would be found a slightly brighter, warmer piece, that allows you to feel calm as you connect to the character.

You see, there is not one soundtrack that could encompass the entire RP, because each character is so diverse to one another in a great many ways, along with the writing style of those controlling them.

Well, that pretty much breaks it down. You're good.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Alright, the delay is at it's end, expect a post to be up shortly.

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:58 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:Alright, the delay is at it's end, expect a post to be up shortly.

Mate... Civil War hasn't even stared yet, Star hasn't finished their posts. A time skip here would be detrimental, at best.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:04 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:
The Fallen Jedi wrote:Alright, the delay is at it's end, expect a post to be up shortly.

Mate... Civil War hasn't even stared yet, Star hasn't finished their posts. A time skip here would be detrimental, at best.

Well my patience is beginning to run thin, no offense Star. I plan on making my own eventual time skip.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Mate... Civil War hasn't even stared yet, Star hasn't finished their posts. A time skip here would be detrimental, at best.

Well my patience is beginning to run thin, no offense Star. I plan on making my own eventual time skip.

Isn't Star waiting on someone else right now? Besides, it's no small thing to churn out those big posts, and they only started the arc yesterday.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:09 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:

Isn't Star waiting on someone else right now? Besides, it's no small thing to churn out those big posts, and they only started the arc yesterday.

Yes but he hasn't been on for the whole day, and when I'm on a creative buzz, I get impatient in a relatively short time because if I wait too long I may lose my creative buzz and that will further discourage me from making a post.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Making up my first post for Hal Augustine at the mo.

Are all the Young Bloods still fighting the aliens in Jump City?

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:18 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Isn't Star waiting on someone else right now? Besides, it's no small thing to churn out those big posts, and they only started the arc yesterday.

Yes but he hasn't been on for the whole day, and when I'm on a creative buzz, I get impatient in a relatively short time because if I wait too long I may lose my creative buzz and that will further discourage me from making a post.

...Pretty sure Star had Craig escape and began with "One year later..."

You can do time skips at your own leisure because you're in space, and in Infinite Justice, where time is meaningless.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 pm

New Neros wrote:
The Fallen Jedi wrote:

...Pretty sure Star had Craig escape and began with "One year later..."

You can do time skips at your own leisure because you're in space, and in Infinite Justice, where time is meaningless.

He hasn't fully escaped yet, but almost. Zark wanted Etla to help, so I accommodated that wish.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 pm

The Starlight wrote:
New Neros wrote:...Pretty sure Star had Craig escape and began with "One year later..."

He hasn't fully escaped yet, but almost. Zark wanted Etla to help, so I accommodated that wish.

Shifting the blame to Zark, eh? Good move. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The Starlight wrote:He hasn't fully escaped yet, but almost. Zark wanted Etla to help, so I accommodated that wish.

Shifting the blame to Zark, eh? Good move. :p

Shh! ;)
Call me Star

Pygmalionia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pygmalionia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 pm

I saw a voice question thing for your char a few pages back ._.

Lazarus: ASMR-y calming voice.

Theme: Some shit from Silent Hill probably

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:42 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Making up my first post for Hal Augustine at the mo.

Are all the Young Bloods still fighting the aliens in Jump City?

Yep!
Call me Star

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:43 pm

So.... What do you guys think of my post? It's my longest one yet, and I put real work into it. I really want feedback :unsure:

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:55 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:So.... What do you guys think of my post? It's my longest one yet, and I put real work into it. I really want feedback :unsure:

I think it's really good thus far. You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked. I look forward to future posts.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:56 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:So.... What do you guys think of my post? It's my longest one yet, and I put real work into it. I really want feedback :unsure:

You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

Can I put this into my signature? :lol2:

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Can I put this into my signature? :lol2:

Go for it.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Happy for you, because you don't have to share a page with my much greater post. ;)

I'm enjoying the world building you've been creating, especially the Aquaman-Namor relations!

But Hank Pym seems uncharacteristically asshole-ish. But it sets the mood nicely.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:

I think it's really good thus far. You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked. I look forward to future posts.

My favorite parts are the cameos made by characters who are dead. :p
Last edited by Mavorpen on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm

New Neros wrote:

Happy for you, because you don't have to share a page with my much greater post. ;)

I'm enjoying the world building you've been creating, especially the Aquaman-Namor relations!

But Hank Pym seems uncharacteristically asshole-ish. But it sets the mood nicely.

To be fair. Hank doesn't get a lot of respect nowadays... Dude did some pretty crude shit.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:04 pm

New Neros wrote:

I know, right? It's so good for me!

Thanks! As for Pym, in my Universe he found out he was Scientist Supreme by plot convenience, and he let it go way to his head.

Mavorpen wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:I think it's really good thus far. You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked. I look forward to future posts.

My favorite parts are the cameos made by characters who are dead. :p

What? You mean Uata? Haha

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:What? You mean Uata? Haha

Who the heck is-

Wait, you mean Uatu?

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:What? You mean Uata? Haha

Who the heck is-

Wait, you mean Uatu?

It's midnight here. Cut me a break. :P

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Who the heck is-

Wait, you mean Uatu?

It's midnight here. Cut me a break. :P

No. :p

Anyway, no, Annihilus is dead as well as the Supreme Intelligence. Whom I'm just now realizing is called "High Intelligence" in your post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse