NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, OOC 3, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pygmalionia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pygmalionia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 am

How does one get added to the Tropes page?

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 am

Pygmalionia wrote:How does one get added to the Tropes page?

Just create an account and you can add anything you like to IJ's tropes page.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Pygmalionia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pygmalionia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 am

The Starlight wrote:
Pygmalionia wrote:How does one get added to the Tropes page?

Just create an account and you can add anything you like to IJ's tropes page.

Thanks! I'll work on Laz's tomorrow. ^_^

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:So...which DC heroes that sides with the Pro-reg? Does the sides based on Injustice game, or we make themselves?

The former.

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:So...which DC heroes that sides with the Pro-reg? Does the sides based on Injustice game, or we make themselves?

The former.

YES! Batman joins teh good guys again. I think it's contradictory though, because Batman creates Superhero Busters and has a contigency plan to destroy the JLA.

Pygmalionia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pygmalionia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:10 am

What are the sides in Injustice? O.o

Oh and,

>realizes The Boys is partially with Vertigo
>Vertigo is under DC
>If they get included in CW shit may get interesting ._.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:23 am

When the Loki Returns Arc is over, Jenny's gonna look like this:

http://pre07.deviantart.net/9ba5/th/pre/i/2014/083/3/1/lady_loki_by_vinnie14-d7bjtwt.jpg

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:25 am

Finally got my first post in IC.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:26 am

Servinta wrote:Finally got my first post in IC.

I liked it :)
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:31 am

New Rnclave wrote:
Servinta wrote:Finally got my first post in IC.

I liked it :)

Thank you so much, I was all like "OMG they said not to make my post like a wall of text, dear god why am I writing this much.Halp" and now I am freaking out less so thanks again. :)

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 am

Osnil wrote:
The former.

YES! Batman joins teh good guys again. I think it's contradictory though, because Batman creates Superhero Busters and has a contigency plan to destroy the JLA.

Disable, not destroy. And Neither side is "The good side."

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:48 am

Osnil wrote:YES! Batman joins teh good guys again. I think it's contradictory though, because Batman creates Superhero Busters and has a contigency plan to destroy the JLA.

So, is Oblivion accepted? :unsure:
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

Osnil wrote:YES! Batman joins teh good guys again. I think it's contradictory though, because Batman creates Superhero Busters and has a contigency plan to destroy the JLA.

Both sides have equal merit and stances, but it's very clear that the Civil War writers wanted you to root for the Anti-Reg faction from the get go by demonizing Stark and making the Pro-Reg fascist as hell. Plus there's Cap'ns death to make him a martyr and seal the eventual Anti-Reg victory despite the Pro-Reg's actually "winning".
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

New Neros wrote:

Both sides have equal merit and stances, but it's very clear that the Civil War writers wanted you to root for the Anti-Reg faction from the get go by demonizing Stark and making the Pro-Reg fascist as hell. Plus there's Cap'ns death to make him a martyr and seal the eventual Anti-Reg victory despite the Pro-Reg's actually "winning".

Yeah, it's pretty obvious from the get-go, especially after the Spider-Man debacle.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:53 am

New Neros wrote:

I mean they used Parker as an example-Gwen Stacy died because Goblin found out Spiderman's real name. It's best to keep that stuff secret unless they've committed a crime, like Green Arrow.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 am

New Neros wrote:

They presented a good idea, but their mistake was having Mark Millar write it. He's...not very good when it comes to writing for a diverse set of characters, which is integral to a story like Civil War because you need a bunch of different ideas being presented to instigate interesting and engaging debates/discussions in the comic.

Instead, everyone on the pro-registration side essentially all talk and act the same: like totalitarian dickfaces.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 am

Mavorpen wrote:
New Neros wrote:Both sides have equal merit and stances, but it's very clear that the Civil War writers wanted you to root for the Anti-Reg faction from the get go by demonizing Stark and making the Pro-Reg fascist as hell. Plus there's Cap'ns death to make him a martyr and seal the eventual Anti-Reg victory despite the Pro-Reg's actually "winning".

They presented a good idea, but their mistake was having Mark Millar write it. He's...not very good when it comes to writing for a diverse set of characters, which is integral to a story like Civil War because you need a bunch of different ideas being presented to instigate interesting and engaging debates/discussions in the comic.

Instead, everyone on the pro-registration side essentially all talk and act the same: like totalitarian dickfaces.

Someone should write a DC fanfic set almost exactly like CW with Batman and Superman taking the sides of Anti and Pro respectively.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:03 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:
New Neros wrote:Both sides have equal merit and stances, but it's very clear that the Civil War writers wanted you to root for the Anti-Reg faction from the get go by demonizing Stark and making the Pro-Reg fascist as hell. Plus there's Cap'ns death to make him a martyr and seal the eventual Anti-Reg victory despite the Pro-Reg's actually "winning".

Yeah, it's pretty obvious from the get-go, especially after the Spider-Man debacle.

Poor Spidey - came out and still went Anti.

Osnil wrote:

I mean they used Parker as an example-Gwen Stacy died because Goblin found out Spiderman's real name. It's best to keep that stuff secret unless they've committed a crime, like Green Arrow.

Yet every two bit tom can figure out Sup's or Bat's name and no one dies or even cares too much. Besides, I think it's more about Parker recklessly stopping her fall and breaking her neck in the process than the Goblin.

Still - Pro is the "bad" guys.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:05 pm

New Neros wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Yeah, it's pretty obvious from the get-go, especially after the Spider-Man debacle.

Osnil wrote:I mean they used Parker as an example-Gwen Stacy died because Goblin found out Spiderman's real name. It's best to keep that stuff secret unless they've committed a crime, like Green Arrow.

Yet every two bit tom can figure out Sup's or Bat's name and no one dies or even cares too much. Besides, I think it's more about Parker recklessly stopping her fall and breaking her neck in the process than the Goblin.

Pro is traditionally the bad guys. C'mon, guys- Grey is so much more fun to play than black and white! Let's do CW the way it SHOULD be done, eh?

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

WHERE WAS JOHN HICKMAN WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!

Osnil wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:They presented a good idea, but their mistake was having Mark Millar write it. He's...not very good when it comes to writing for a diverse set of characters, which is integral to a story like Civil War because you need a bunch of different ideas being presented to instigate interesting and engaging debates/discussions in the comic.

Someone should write a DC fanfic set almost exactly like CW with Batman and Superman taking the sides of Anti and Pro respectively.

...That fanfic is called Injustice: Gods Among Us, except replace Pro-Reg with Regime (and Iron Man with Superman) and Anti-Reg with Resistance (and Cap with Batman). And instead of supporting the government, the Regime is the government.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 pm

New Neros wrote:

Pro is traditionally the bad guys. C'mon, guys- Grey is so much more fun to play than black and white! Let's do CW the way it SHOULD be done, eh?

The issue with neutrality and gray in an event like Civil War is that you are viewed with suspicion and even hostility by both factions because they don't know if you're with them, so they reason that you're against them, and for your own safety, you either flee or join a side so that you don't get caught with two teams hating you.

But - It's possible to be neutral, it's just not as fun as you think.

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:12 pm

New Neros wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Pro is traditionally the bad guys. C'mon, guys- Grey is so much more fun to play than black and white! Let's do CW the way it SHOULD be done, eh?

The issue with neutrality and gray in an event like Civil War is that you are viewed with suspicion and even hostility by both factions because they don't know if you're with them, so they reason that you're against them, and for your own safety, you either flee or join a side so that you don't get caught with two teams hating you.

Not at all what I meant :P What I meant was, let's not play this as Good vs Bad, let's play this as Good vs Good, like it should be.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm

New Neros wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:They presented a good idea, but their mistake was having Mark Millar write it. He's...not very good when it comes to writing for a diverse set of characters, which is integral to a story like Civil War because you need a bunch of different ideas being presented to instigate interesting and engaging debates/discussions in the comic.

WHERE WAS JOHN HICKMAN WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!

I don't think he was even with Marvel at the time.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm coming up surprisingly blank on creative ideas for Valka vs HG and DS, Neros...

I'll keep trying though. There are a few vague concepts but nothing concrete yet.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:32 pm

New Neros wrote:The issue with neutrality and gray in an event like Civil War is that you are viewed with suspicion and even hostility by both factions because they don't know if you're with them, so they reason that you're against them, and for your own safety, you either flee or join a side so that you don't get caught with two teams hating you.

Not at all what I meant :P What I meant was, let's not play this as Good vs Bad, let's play this as Good vs Good, like it should be.

Oh! Am sorry!

The Starlight wrote:I'm coming up surprisingly blank on creative ideas for Valka vs HG and DS, Neros...

I'll keep trying though. There are a few vague concepts but nothing concrete yet.

Why you little...

How about Valka trying to go a little easy at first, only to realize that the two New Gods ain't nothing to fuck with - maybe even have her fight through the Omega Sanction?

Mavorpen wrote:
New Neros wrote:WHERE WAS JOHN HICKMAN WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!

I don't think he was even with Marvel at the time.

That bastard!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse