NATION

PASSWORD

World War Kaiju (OOC, Open, Nations RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

World War Kaiju (OOC, Open, Nations RP)

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:50 pm

World War Kaiju

The first kaiju to appear was Genbu, a large, tortoise like creature, in 1954, after nuclear weapons testing in the pacific had awaken it from its slumber. The creature was named after a mythological creature from Japanese Folklore, one of the four guardian spirits that protect Kyoto. Ironically, Kyoto was one of the few cities left intact when the creature came storming through the southern half of Honshu. Genbu raged through Japan for two weeks, despite the valiant efforts of the JSDF and US forces in the region. The creature then made its way towards the mainland, laying waste to both Koreas, Manchuria, and southern Siberia. Realizing that the creature was a threat to all humanity, the Soviet Union and the United States worked together in Operation Common Good. Of course, the Operation was highly classified so that the people of each nation didn't know that their governments were working with the "enemy". Operation Common Good was a success, as the two superpowers were able to drive the creature up into northern Siberia near the artic circle. Officials hoped that the cold would kill it off. After two weeks; however, it was seen that the creature was still alive and with little sign it was weakening. After days of arguing between diplomats and officials, it was decided that a nuke would be used to kill the beast. Despite Russian opposition to the plan, a bomb was dropped, killing Genbu and ending 2 months of chaos.

Many years passed without another Kaiju attack. The Genbu incident had fallen out of public memory and the countries rebuilt from the ashes. The world remembered the terror of the kaiju once again in 1987. A new kaiju with a Chinese dragon appearance. At 100 metres in length, appeared off the shore of the Gambia and Senegal. the new kaiju was named "Ninki Nanka", a creature in West African Folklore. Ninki Nanka travelled down the Gambia river, completely destroying the capital, Banjul, and any other city or village on the river. Once it reached the end, it got on land, travelling through Senegal in search of another water source. Thankfully, military forces were able to drive it into the Sahara where it died from being out of water for too long. While Ninki Nanka was easier to kill then Genbu, it still caused a huge loss in human life. The death toll was over 2 million Gambian and Senegalese civilians, along with 5,000 Senegalese military personnel, 250 French Foreign Legionnaires, and the entire Gambian military.

The next 26 years would be filled with minor attacks on ships in the ocean, but no attacks on major population centers. The next major attack would be in Hammerfest, Norway in 2010. A large 4 legged, mammal like creature had been awoken from its 10,000 year hibernation and had dug its way out of his resting place under the city of Hammerfest. While it wasn't as big as Genbu or Ninka Nanka, only standing at 30 metres, it was still almost impossible to take down. The creature was codenamed "Fenris" keeping with the mythological naming and it's dog like appearance. While dog-like in appearance, Fenris had long quils on its back and 4, slanted eyes. Fortunately, Fenris was able to be killed easily and confined to Hammerfest. It was able to be killed by large amounts of ammunition from the Norwegian military and airstrikes from US and NATO bases in neighboring countries.

Ever since the Norway attack, people in western countries have begun to be more worried about kaiju attacks in their countries. Before Norway, Kaiju attacks were seen as problems for people on the open sea and far away countries.

Rules

1: OP/Co=OP have final say. No arguments.

2: No Godmodding or Metagaming unless given permission to do so.

3: Use grammar and correct sentence structure, paragraphs, and anything else to make your posts readable. A wall of text with no divisions separating individual paragraphs will not be tolerated.

4: No dismally short posts. No set minimum but posts should preferably have several sentences if not at least a paragraph.

5: Be courteous to one another OOC. No spamming or hateful arguing. Being off topic from time to time is okay.

6. No jaegars or crazy mechs. Maybe later if the RP goes on for a while.

7.No Alternate History countries. While I normally don't have a problem, there were problems with a Alt country in my XCOM RP so I've decided not to allow them in this one.

Code: Select all
Nation States name:
RP Nation:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks:
RP Samples(Skip if we've RP together before):

250(Don't delete, helps me find apps)

Roster
Kaijus/NPC nations- The Greater Gambia (OP)

Needed Nations
USA
Russia-Turkmenista
Japan
China-Dereman (CO-OP)
UK
France-Ubaria
Germany
Australia-Shadowwell
Nigeria
Brazil-altito Asmoro
Last edited by The Greater Gambia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commonwealth of the South Pacific » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 am

Nation States name: The Commonwealth of the South Pacific
RP Nation: USA (if not then Australia)
Head of State: Barack Obama
Head of Government: Barack Obama
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks:9, Has several early warning posts in the sea, Submarines have been equipped with Nuclear tipped torpedoes to use in the case of a Kaiju attack. Civilians have Kaiju attack bunkers and the military has been trained extensively in anti Kaiju tactics. The airforce is authorised to deploy heavy ordinances in case of an attack such as fuel air bombs, tactical nukes and if the attack calls for it several MOABs.The Cia has several early warning satellites and the country is always on the lookout for Kaiju. It has pulled back its troops from the middle east but has left military bases there. Along the two coasts there is a huge wall which is heavily reinforced.(EDIT, is this MT or like can I have PMT stuff)
RP Samples: You know me, if this is not sufficient then my ones from the other RP.

Last edited by The Commonwealth of the South Pacific on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye Azen, You'll be sorely missed friend

Current RPs:

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 am

Whaaaa? :blink:

No alternate history countries?

Tag, in case the OP changes his mind about that.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:33 am

Plzen wrote:Whaaaa? :blink:

First of all, hey Plzwn, how's it going. Second, remember in the XCOM RP with the Slavic Union? I remember a lot of complaining about that and I don't really want to go through that again.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:36 am

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific wrote:Nation States name: The Commonwealth of the South Pacific
RP Nation: USA (if not then Australia)
Head of State: Barack Obama
Head of Government: Barack Obama
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: (if out of 10) 9-10
RP Samples: You know me, if this is not sufficient then my ones from the other RP.

Can you describe how your country is prepared?

RP's I'm hosting:

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:51 am

The Greater Gambia wrote:
Plzen wrote:Whaaaa? :blink:

First of all, hey Plzwn, how's it going. Second, remember in the XCOM RP with the Slavic Union? I remember a lot of complaining about that and I don't really want to go through that again.

:) Life is good! I still have time to log on here and do RP'ings.

Yes... I remember that fiasco with the Slavic Union very well. It's nothing that good mechanics can't solve, though...

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:33 am

Sure, I'll be here.

Hello again, Greater Gambia, and Plzen.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 am

Tagging for Rossyia. Hey again, Gambia.
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:05 am

Possible Tag of magicness.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Tag and Reservation for Australia possibly.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Nation States name: Turmenista
RP Nation: Russian Federation
Head of State: Vladimir Putin
Head of Government: Vladimir Putin / Dmitry Medvedev[?]
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 6, but will increase accordingly to the plot. Still, Not much. Some military mobilization here and there but no actual preparation. Increased military activity is noticed in the far regions of Russia and the Navy has been called back to waters close to home.
RP Samples: You know me. Your Halo 2555 RP, and the one before that. I also am In a bunch of other RPs but my main one is Infinite Justice. You know me from the Halo RPs.
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Gambia you on i have some questions.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Gambia you on i have some questions.

Yeah, I'm on, what's up?

Also, Turkmenista, it's been a few years since the last kaiju attack. I don't think Moscow would be under lock down still.

RP's I'm hosting:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Gambia you on i have some questions.

Yeah, I'm on, what's up?

Also, Turkmenista, it's been a few years since the last kaiju attack. I don't think Moscow would be under lock down still.

Theoretically, would Japan have anti Kaiju weaponry and protocols already inplace?

Also I realize we cant have alt but could we make up fictional organizations that our respective countries have made that deal with Kaiju related matters?

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Yeah, I'm on, what's up?

Theoretically, would Japan have anti Kaiju weaponry and protocols already inplace?

Also I realize we cant have alt but could we make up fictional organizations that our respective countries have made that deal with Kaiju related matters?

Kaiju attacks have been rare up until now, so probably nothing that is used solely against Kaijus (yet).

As for the organizations, sure, I don't see why not.

RP's I'm hosting:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Nation States name: Shadowwell
RP Nation: Australia(Unless pacific wants to trade)
Head of State: Queen Elizabeth II or the Governor-General: Peter Cosgrove.
Head of Government:???? don't know whether to put the above people or the prime minister, who has know actual power due to the Australian constitution.
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 6.5 to 7, SInce the last Kaiju attack, Australia has been in a low state of alertness, but the military has been training and recruiting more conscripts in case of a Kaiju attack. The government sanctioned Agency, codenamed Section 6, has been secretly making preparations in case of an attack. The preparation and the like has been an ongoing process, that Australia as a whole has been undertaking for a while since the majority of Kaiju attacks have happened in areas with coastal or water access. This has also lead to an increase in imports and Exports, to attain funds and supplies that will be needed. They have modified tsunami buoys that are used to detect the Movement of any Kaiju towards or through Australian water space. Section 6 has also set up some similar detectors on the mountains and in the Outback, much to the dismay of the Aboriginal tribes.
RP Samples: DO I have to, Gambia?

Think this is done.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Nation States name: Turmenista
RP Nation: Russian Federation
Head of State: Vladimir Putin
Head of Government: Vladimir Putin / Dmitry Medvedev[?]
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 6, but will increase accordingly to the plot. Still, Not much. Some military mobilization here and there but no actual preparation. Increased military activity is noticed in the far regions of Russia and the Navy has been called back to waters close to home.
RP Samples: You know me. Your Halo 2555 RP, and the one before that. I also am In a bunch of other RPs but my main one is Infinite Justice. You know me from the Halo RPs.

Edited.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Nation States name: Deramen
RP Nation: The People's Republic Of China
Head of State: Hu Jintao
Head of Government: Xi Jinping
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 7.5/10 Considering the next door nation of Japan has seen the attacks of Kaiju China has been on alert. Currently government is in Defcon 2 relating to Kaiju. Meaning the Military could be deploy in a half a day or so. There is currently few laws when it comes to dealing with Kaiju nor is there a big focus on it. But the army's are on alert for the time being, Just in case.
RP Samples: Do I know you? also can I CO-OP? ANND I've never watched the movies :?

Last edited by Deramen on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Deramen wrote:Nation States name: Deramen
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 8/10 Considering the next door nation of Japan has seen the attacks of Kaiju China has been on alert. Currently government is in Defcon 2 relating to Kaiju. Meaning the Military could be deploy in a half a day or so. There is currently few laws when it comes to dealing with Kaiju nor is there a big focus on it. But the army's are on alert for the time being, Just in case.
RP Samples: Do I know you? also can I CO-OP? ANND I've never watched the movies :?

Both you and Turkmenista are accepted, also yes, you can CO-OP

RP's I'm hosting:

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:01 pm

Deramen wrote:Nation States name: Deramen
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 8/10 Considering the next door nation of Japan has seen the attacks of Kaiju China has been on alert. Currently government is in Defcon 2 relating to Kaiju. Meaning the Military could be deploy in a half a day or so. There is currently few laws when it comes to dealing with Kaiju nor is there a big focus on it. But the army's are on alert for the time being, Just in case.

Both you and Turkmenista are accepted, also yes, you can CO-OP

Yus.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Nation States name: Altito Asmoro
RP Nation: Brazil
Head of State: Dilma Roussef
Head of Government: Dilma Roussef
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 7. With the increases attacks on the oceans before the arrival of "Fenrir", Brazilian Armed Forces increased its military presence on Brazil's sea territory, as well as modernizing its navy and air force. After the arrival of "Fenrir" Brazil began to develop continent-wide contingency plan, alongside Latin America nations which willing to help.
RP Samples: XCOM RP.

Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Nation States name: Altito Asmoro
Country preparedness for Kaiju attacks: 7. With the increases attacks on the oceans before the arrival of "Fenrir", Brazilian Armed Forces increased its military presence on Brazil's sea territory, as well as modernizing its navy and air force. After the arrival of "Fenrir" Brazil began to develop continent-wide contingency plan, alongside Latin America nations which willing to help.

Alright, you're accepted

RP's I'm hosting:

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Nation States name: Altito Asmoro

Alright, you're accepted

hey can I change my alertness to a nine?
Pls.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Deramen wrote:
Alright, you're accepted

hey can I change my alertness to a nine?
Pls.

Yeah, sure, China has been attacked before in this universe.

RP's I'm hosting:

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Deramen wrote:hey can I change my alertness to a nine?
Pls.

Yeah, sure, China has been attacked before in this universe.

then its a ten! :p
(can it?)
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse