NATION

PASSWORD

Amergos:Men, Elves, and Others (ClosedOOC, Medieval/Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:42 pm

Sarejo wrote:
The Greater Gambia wrote:
Bitch, you getting smart with me?

No, just telling you my Dwarves are supposed to be OP and powerful. It's the whole reason I chose them in the first place. Not everything can be a perfectly balanced plane of perfection. Just like in the real world, there have to be power players. The bonus here is I'm not a warmongerer so you only really need to worry when I wrench gun technology from you. But I solved that issue by saying I give technology like that to my friends, so naturally just become my friend.

nothing should ever be OP in RP. OP is Over Powered. Thats not equal to powerful its above powerful its when your on a other playing level.
and its no fun to have a OP person.
Last edited by Deramen on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
No, just telling you my Dwarves are supposed to be OP and powerful. It's the whole reason I chose them in the first place. Not everything can be a perfectly balanced plane of perfection. Just like in the real world, there have to be power players. The bonus here is I'm not a warmongerer so you only really need to worry when I wrench gun technology from you. But I solved that issue by saying I give technology like that to my friends, so naturally just become my friend.

nothing should ever be OP in RP. OP is Over Powered. Thats not equal to powerful its above powerful its when your on a other playing level.

Why do you think the Tar'tash exist...
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Deramen wrote:nothing should ever be OP in RP. OP is Over Powered. Thats not equal to powerful its above powerful its when your on a other playing level.

Wah?

Paint Me Confused
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Deramen wrote:nothing should ever be OP in RP. OP is Over Powered. Thats not equal to powerful its above powerful its when your on a other playing level.

Exactly. I can be beaten. Just not by some collection of tribes or a small kingdom. Sorry to break it to you guys, but it's not fun either when everyone has to be on the same level. This is applied to nation RPs, not RPw as a whole. But there has to be a power tree. I'm not OP per se, but I have a way better military than say Anura or Selkieland or Barasheen. It's the reality of things,
Cheers mates.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Deramen wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Why do you think the Tar'tash exist...

Wah?

Paint Me Confused

It's a joke since they actually have the magic to counteract Dwarven tech but can never replicate it.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Sarejo wrote:

Exactly. I can be beaten. Just not by some collection of tribes or a small kingdom. Sorry to break it to you guys, but it's not fun either when everyone has to be on the same level. This is applied to nation RPs, not RPw as a whole. But there has to be a power tree. I'm not OP per se, but I have a way better military than say Anura or Selkieland or Barasheen. It's the reality of things,

I mainly was ranting on the word OP and its meaning, not much on you...

Ralnis wrote:
Deramen wrote:Wah?

Paint Me Confused

It's a joke since they actually have the magic to counteract Dwarven tech but can never replicate it.

Ok. I was completely confused cause I was like

"I never mentioned the Tar'Tash in a post."
Last edited by Deramen on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Sarejo wrote:

I feel comparing the Dwarves to the Anura is like comparing an RPG with a broken slingshot.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:02 am

Sarejo wrote:

That's where I disagree with you. It can be fun to play on the same level with some differences. I have played that on multiple RPs and even have won against stronger foes by either allies or wits. Though I usually love to play as pirates, barbarians, or the common horde because no one seems to play them because everyone does the " might is right" idea.

Even the Tar'tash are more traders than fighters because it brings in wealth. They have a professional military and the most advance magic in the word but they hardly met anyone that they have to use their magic till they met the Dwarves thirty years ago.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:02 am

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I mainly was ranting on the word OP and its meaning, not much on you...

Ralnis wrote:It's a joke since they actually have the magic to counteract Dwarven tech but can never replicate it.

Ah well. I am a large and wealthy nation. And unfortunately for others, that comes with a large, advanced, and well-trained military.

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I feel comparing the Dwarves to the Anura is like comparing an RPG with a broken slingshot.

Hahahahaha I'll drink to that.
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:03 am

Ralnis wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

That's where I disagree with you. It can be fun to play on the same level with some differences. I have played that on multiple RPs and even have won against stronger foes by either allies or wits. Though I usually love to play as pirates, barbarians, or the common horde because no one seems to play them because everyone does the " might is right" idea.

Even the Tar'tash are more traders than fighters because it brings in wealth. They have a professional military and the most advance magic in the word but they hardly met anyone that they have to use their magic till they met the Dwarves thirty years ago.

I'm trying to keep it realistic. And the real world has powerful nations, amd not so powerful nations. And someone has to play the powerful ones. And it can't be everybody.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 am

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:I mainly was ranting on the word OP and its meaning, not much on you...

Ah well. I am a large and wealthy nation. And unfortunately for others, that comes with a large, advanced, and well-trained military.

Beiarusia wrote:I feel comparing the Dwarves to the Anura is like comparing an RPG with a broken slingshot.

I have a drinking game.

every time Joe says Tsar canons we take a shot.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:06 am

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I have a drinking game.

Hahhahah what about every time Shadow says WAHGGGGGHHH?
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 am

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I have a drinking game.

My liver hurts already.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 am

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:I have a drinking game.

Hahhahah what about every time Shadow says WAHGGGGGHHH?

God I'd die from alcohol poisoning.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:11 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:I have a drinking game.

My liver hurts already.

*whispers* "Motherfucking....."

*Shouts at the top of my lungs right in your ear* "TZAR CANNONS!!!!!!"
Cheers mates.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:11 am

NS name: Kasike Akuai U'akakota'i Yocatali Kari'i Xitekatopa Kalopo'i Ik' Ka' Ek' Akai

Nation: Marikalaratani ("Southern Tribes) For an easier name: Marikalar ("South") or Kalaka ("Lost Ones")

Race: The entire native population is elves

Region: Bottom rightish

Description of your people: The "Kalaka" as they are known in their language bear typical elvish features of pale skin, shorter stature than humans, and pointed ears. Their pupils have a much larger capacity for expansion than others in order to grant a sort of night-vision for the winter months in which light is little. Their smaller frame makes them more susceptible to the elements, but they require less energy to survive. Hair is typically wavy, though curly hair also appears, and straight hair is the least prominent. Between clans, eyes are typically either gray or brown, and most Kalaka have dark hair, but there are occurrences of red hair found more commonly among the higher classes, though the yellow or blonde hair type seems missing. Clothes tend to be thick, usually made of furs and leather. The lower classes tend to wear bear leather, while higher classes and hunters use sealskin for its higher comfort and water resistance. Clothing comes in several forms: shirts, pants, and dresses primarily. Jackets also make an appearance. Gloves and boots are typical for all Kalaka, as they are near essential in the cold.

Culture: The Kalaka, literally "Lost" or "Forgotten" (in possessive form) are a seminomadic tribal federation living in the Antarctic regions of the world. They travel from place to place, usually making seasonal settlements nearby mountains, which they consider holy. In lacking a proper pack animal, they have domesticated dogs to pull sleigh-bound materials which are used to construct quick and mobile homes reminiscent of tipis. While not many crops can survive the Antarctic, the Kalaka have managed to grow certain edible products in shelters nearby holy mountains which protect from harsh elements without cutting off supply of sun and water entirely. Due to the low amount of natural vegetation, a large hunter culture has developed within the clans. Hunting is by far the most common occupation among men, as it provides food for the tribe where the crops do not provide nearly enough.

Certain members of the society are regarded as holy. While anyone is allowed to become a shaman, these particular members are typically raised in an environment leading to them becoming high-ranking religious leaders. These marks usually come in some physical or mental abnormality. They include, but are not limited to, homosexuality, blindness, missing or malformed fingers, heterochromia iridum, and those regarded as a Wolf's Blood (those who display dog-like traits in childhood).

Shamans are not restricted by gender. They are likewise not limited by magical ability, but mages are considered holy people still and are typically seen as defenders of the village when needed. Magic is largely elemental, and is known in the Kalaka tongue as "Cold Wind", which might provide a clear enough picture of what their focuses are. In terms of military, no distinction is made between a warrior and a hunter. Warriors use hunting weapons to fight, though there are distinct rituals surrounding war. Since the tribal federation formed, fighting has decreased drastically, but it still sometimes occurs over blood feuds and other such disputes.

RP Examples(Please link): Most recently

Okay, here's my app. Somewhat ripping off a thing I did a long time ago, but not really too much.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 am

Sarejo wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:My liver hurts already.

*whispers* "Motherfucking....."

*Shouts at the top of my lungs right in your ear* "TZAR CANNONS!!!!!!"

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
NS name: Kasike Akuai U'akakota'i Yocatali Kari'i Xitekatopa Kalopo'i Ik' Ka' Ek' Akai

Nation: Marikalaratani ("Southern Tribes) For an easier name: Marikalar ("South") or Kalaka ("Lost Ones")

Race: The entire native population is elves

Region: Bottom rightish

Description of your people: The "Kalaka" as they are known in their language bear typical elvish features of pale skin, shorter stature than humans, and pointed ears. Their pupils have a much larger capacity for expansion than others in order to grant a sort of night-vision for the winter months in which light is little. Their smaller frame makes them more susceptible to the elements, but they require less energy to survive. Hair is typically wavy, though curly hair also appears, and straight hair is the least prominent. Between clans, eyes are typically either gray or brown, and most Kalaka have dark hair, but there are occurrences of red hair found more commonly among the higher classes, though the yellow or blonde hair type seems missing. Clothes tend to be thick, usually made of furs and leather. The lower classes tend to wear bear leather, while higher classes and hunters use sealskin for its higher comfort and water resistance. Clothing comes in several forms: shirts, pants, and dresses primarily. Jackets also make an appearance. Gloves and boots are typical for all Kalaka, as they are near essential in the cold.

Culture: The Kalaka, literally "Lost" or "Forgotten" (in possessive form) are a seminomadic tribal federation living in the Antarctic regions of the world. They travel from place to place, usually making seasonal settlements nearby mountains, which they consider holy. In lacking a proper pack animal, they have domesticated dogs to pull sleigh-bound materials which are used to construct quick and mobile homes reminiscent of tipis. While not many crops can survive the Antarctic, the Kalaka have managed to grow certain edible products in shelters nearby holy mountains which protect from harsh elements without cutting off supply of sun and water entirely. Due to the low amount of natural vegetation, a large hunter culture has developed within the clans. Hunting is by far the most common occupation among men, as it provides food for the tribe where the crops do not provide nearly enough.

Certain members of the society are regarded as holy. While anyone is allowed to become a shaman, these particular members are typically raised in an environment leading to them becoming high-ranking religious leaders. These marks usually come in some physical or mental abnormality. They include, but are not limited to, homosexuality, blindness, missing or malformed fingers, heterochromia iridum, and those regarded as a Wolf's Blood (those who display dog-like traits in childhood).

Shamans are not restricted by gender. They are likewise not limited by magical ability, but mages are considered holy people still and are typically seen as defenders of the village when needed. Magic is largely elemental, and is known in the Kalaka tongue as "Cold Wind", which might provide a clear enough picture of what their focuses are. In terms of military, no distinction is made between a warrior and a hunter. Warriors use hunting weapons to fight, though there are distinct rituals surrounding war. Since the tribal federation formed, fighting has decreased drastically, but it still sometimes occurs over blood feuds and other such disputes.

RP Examples(Please link): Most recently

Okay, here's my app. Somewhat ripping off a thing I did a long time ago, but not really too much.

You are Accepted!

Enjoy Your Stay!
Last edited by Deramen on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:14 am

Sarejo wrote:
Ralnis wrote:That's where I disagree with you. It can be fun to play on the same level with some differences. I have played that on multiple RPs and even have won against stronger foes by either allies or wits. Though I usually love to play as pirates, barbarians, or the common horde because no one seems to play them because everyone does the " might is right" idea.

I'm trying to keep it realistic. And the real world has powerful nations, amd not so powerful nations. And someone has to play the powerful ones. And it can't be everybody.

So am I but its really just my own two cents. Its is a good way to have a Old Power vs New Power cold war that will become the climax of the RP when we finally turn into a world war.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 am

Ralnis wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

So am I but its really just my own two cents. Its is a good way to have a Old Power vs New Power cold war that will become the climax of the RP when we finally turn into a world war.

Yeah, it is fun. And it's also easier playimg the powerful one. Otherwise everyone and their brother wants to war with you, but if you have the ability to steamroll their spear rabble and level their capital they steer clear of you. Leaving time to create suspense that ultimately leads to a war that will actually matter, you know?
Cheers mates.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 am

Sarejo wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

Yeah, it is fun. And it's also easier playimg the powerful one. Otherwise everyone and their brother wants to war with you, but if you have the ability to steamroll their spear rabble and level their capital they steer clear of you. Leaving time to create suspense that ultimately leads to a war that will actually matter, you know?

Reminds me of a time I played as Byzantium in a nation rp. I had Constantinople and Achaea, while the Ottomans had pretty much everything else I used to have. I got sent requests to become Sunni or face the consequences. Well, as a Greek empress, I didn't particularly like the idea of embracing Turkish Islam so much, and we wound up getting a Crusade called in my defense.

It was quite interesting...

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:21 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

Reminds me of a time I played as Byzantium in a nation rp. I had Constantinople and Achaea, while the Ottomans had pretty much everything else I used to have. I got sent requests to become Sunni or face the consequences. Well, as a Greek empress, I didn't particularly like the idea of embracing Turkish Islam so much, and we wound up getting a Crusade called in my defense.

damn that sounds fun.

if you want that as a Literal video game play

Europa Universals IV
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

Wars are fun, but they have to be done right. Groomed, spread out, major foreplay. The suspense leading up to the war is almost on par with the war itself. And when thee war is over, it doesn't feel sastifying unless the whole world, or at least a sizeable chunk of it, is profoundly affected by it and its outcome.
Cheers mates.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:23 am

Deramen wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

damn that sounds fun.

Europa Universals IV

Meh, that became too hard after Common Sense came out. Like, it used to be that you could, if you won the war, claim quite a bit of Greece back. Thanks to the new Aggressive Expansion revamp, doing that nets you a sizable coalition. Plus, the Pope's actually not very likely to crusade to help you.

Crusader Kings 2, on the other hand...

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:25 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Deramen wrote:damn that sounds fun.

Europa Universals IV

Meh, that became too hard after Common Sense came out. Like, it used to be that you could, if you won the war, claim quite a bit of Greece back. Thanks to the new Aggressive Expansion revamp, doing that nets you a sizable coalition. Plus, the Pope's actually not very likely to crusade to help you.

Crusader Kings 2, on the other hand...

I really wanna play that but I just cant get into it. I tried really hard. I don't know why cause I love the idea.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:26 am

Sarejo wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Wars are fun, but they have to be done right. Groomed, spread out, major foreplay. The suspense leading up to the war is almost on par with the war itself. And when thee war is over, it doesn't feel sastifying unless the whole world, or at least a sizeable chunk of it, is profoundly affected by it and its outcome.

Well, a waning Turkish state caused a decent bit of havoc. Byzantium started to grow again, the Turks and Persians formed an alliance to squish Georgia and Ethiopia, but the war's effect on the Turks also caused an Egyptian revolt if I recall correctly. Byzantium's growth led to an alliance with England.

Oh, and thanks to alternate history, I was getting uncomfortably close to having a nice night with an Aztec prince.

In the short-lived reboot, the queen of Spain sent me her sister. I was using the same character.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse