NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: Ascension [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Véronique Leclercq
Chorrol, Cyridiil

The day a bit cloudy, something I enjoyed as it reminded me of the fond times in Northpoint, however I needed to make my way out of the city and figure out what I was suppose to do. I made my way out of the inn I spent the night in and walked through the city prarusing the city shops for anything I may need for my expedition outside of Chorrol. I had on simple robes covering my body but if I were to leave I would need something that could more effectivly protect me from the outside. I found myself looking at a nice set of leather armor coupled with a cloak something I could use to both shield me from any physical injury but to also shield me from the environment as well.

I walked into the store my pockets filled with the money I took while escaping those bandits in Falkreath, I walked through the store looking at the glistening steel weaponry and armor. Walking up to the store own she asked me a simple question of what I would like and I simply nodded over to the displayed leather armor and cloak. The woman smiled at me and gathered the armor as I placed the coin on the table of which a large sum of my coin was used to obtain this armor.

My transaction finished and I said good bye taking my leave of the building gity with excitement about wearing the knew armor. I walked back out looking up at the bleak dancing clouds swirling in the sky. I made my way to a secluded area of the city and made a quick change in wardrobe sealing my robes for a nice leather armor and cloak combination. Making my way out of the area and to the gates I cared not to look back at the city for it held nothing for me and I simply wanted to move forward with the last stolen coin in my pocket for a horse which wasn't hard to find at the sables with a chestnut coat, a slim frame, and powerful muscular legs something I could get used to riding on this trip.

"How much for the steed?" I asked the stable owner as he placed hay in the stables.

"About 150 septims ma'am" he said as my heart sank a bit, the horse was more expensive than I had thought it to be. I only had maybe 100 steins in my pockets.

"Well, I've only got 100 septims, can we please work out a deal?" I asked him trying to use my womenly charm to try and convince him to take my offer.

"Sorry I can't do that, this horse is a masterpiece of natural design! You think he's only worth a hundred Septims? Your lucky I'm not selling him for four times that." He said flat out refusing my offer but I persisted with my request for one hundred semptims to which he emphatically denied not allowing me to do what I could within my means. I finally pulled out something I thought would work and help me get ahead but it was something I wasn't fond of doing so randomly.

"So your saying a Priestess of Dibella isn't allowed a horse? I'm sorry if you feel as if I'm swindling you but we of Dibella simply don't make a lot of money." I said putting a new emphasis in my voice making it more feminine and innocent sounding again to attempt and coheres him into giving me the deal but he simply raised his eye brow.

"Well what if I were to show you the dibellan arts for the horse at ninety septims?" I inquired his eyes growing big at first but soon he directed to a pile of hay where my acts were to be consecrated.

Véronique Leclercq
Aleswell

I had traveled withough incident through the Great Forest although the whole time I felt a fearful lake of wildlife sounds that are so common yet seemed absent from the forest. I had stumbled upon the small village of Aleswell where I believe I would retire for the evening. I let down my hood showing off my long flowing black hair with strands of white streaking through my mane which was unusual for someone of my age but it's been a feature of mine since I was a young girl. I took my horse and tied him up at the stabels and made my way into the Inn. It was a humble place something I had become accustom to since I left High Rock.

"May I get a room for one please." I asked the clerk using what was left of my septims to afford the room, as I had my money taken I noticed another Bretin partaking in a bottle of wine. I mearly looked not finding intrest in getting involved, that is unless she invited me over.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013

Postby Alouite » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:29 pm

The 7th Army
South of Skingrad
Military Camp along southern Cyrodiil Border
The Empire

Legate Lucius Scipio received the message from the General as he was about to give it to Praefect Augustine approached preparing to be briefed. He signaled for one of the soldiers to bring him two horses and said "Mount the horse, we'll talk on the way to speak with General Mark Antony, I have good news." He mounted the horse while continuing "You see, you've done an exemplary job as Praefect in Battle-Fire regiment, for this reason you will become the Optio to Centurion Aulus Gabinius from the first Century, if he retires you'll become Centurion of the 1st Century, our frontal force on the field. By 'our' I mean you're being transferred to the Imperial War Hawks Regiment

As he closed in on the fort he said to the men at the gate, "I am Legate Scipio, here to talk with General Antony." The men saluted before they gave the word to open the gate. As it opened Lucius continued while having the horse move forward at a slower pace and looking at now Optio Augustine "You're lucky you know, most men never get the chance to command in our famed Imperial War Hawks Regiment, let alone have a chance to lead the front line, I'd say, you're either well connected, or going places. I personally think you might just be the next Legate in my position, but that's for you to prove to me. We are the most elite unit in the Imperial Armed Forces in battle as infantry. That's why they let us wear our own uniforms, that's why our commanders are issued silver blades and wear blue rather than most of the 7th Army who wear Purple. As you know, the 7th Army is the most powerful Imperial Army, so consider now that the Imperial War Hawks are another step above that."

Now close to the building he got off his horse taking his helmet off and the two guards at the door opened it for them. He walked forward. "I need to speak to the General, come with me, I'll finish the rest of my speech later." He approaches General Antony saluting before saying "General Antony, I am here, ready for any request you bestow upon me."

General Antony replied "Just a moment, Legate Volcanus will be here shortly." Almost as if on cue, Legate Volcanus walked in and saluted before he said said "General Antony, I am here upon you're request."

Mark Antony asked "Who is this other man Legate Scipio?" The Legate replied "The newest optio in the 1st Century, former Praefect Augustine from the Battle-Fire regiment whom will likely replace Centurion Gabinius when he retires." Mark Antony replied "Well then, it is an honor to meet you. Now on to business, I need you're two units to relocate to this new Fort here we call 'Fort Fireside'. I'll slowly be transferring more from out borderline Army to prepare for an invasion of Mainland Thalmor Territory."

Legate Volcanus replied "It shall be done." Legate Scipio replied "Our men will be ready to drive fear into the hearts of the High Elves upon you're mere request General." General Antony nodded and approval and said "Then be off."

The Legates left the room and Legate Scipio then said to Optio Augustine "So there you have it, even our general doesn't question you're appointment, congratulations. Welcome to the Imperial War Hawks. Remember our motto; Proelium est sanguis nostri Baptismi."
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Praefect Marcus Augustus
South of Skingrad
Military Base along Southern Cyrodiil Border
The Empire

Marcus was absolutely stunned... going from a simple Praefect to a Centurion? That was almost impossible--lower officers were never promoted so vastly--, but through all the commotion and wave of new information, Marcus had been stuck on the idea of invading the Dominion. The Emperor promised not to start a war, but now it seemed that Marcus would lead the start of what could be the biggest conflict since the Great War.

Nodding to the Legate and thanking him, Marcus turned to the General and saluted him. "General Antony, sir, it's an honor to meet you". Marcus shook the general's hand and nodded to him. "It would be a privilege to command the Empire's finest, General. I can assure you, I will not only command... I will lead". Marcus backed up, standing stiffly out of respect. "May I speak freely, General?"
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Ylgim Skycrown
Sleeping Giant Inn, Riverwood, Whiterun Hold
Skyrim, The Empire

"Who is that guy?" Said a Nord man as he looked to the bar. He motioned to a man sitting on a stool, arm wrestling a much large Orc. The man was wearing a strange armor.

"I don't know, keep your nose out his business." Said another Nord beside the man.

Meanwhile at the bar, the Orc was changing from its normal shade of green to red. The Nord at the bar stool looked at the Orc, "You ready to give up, my friend?" He asked. The Orc groaned, "Not yet." The Nord just smiled as he slammed the Orc's arm to the table, "I win." The Nord said.

Turning to everyone in the inn the man smiled. "Drinks tonight are on me. Ylgim Skycrown." He said. With the sound of his name, everyone stopped and stared at him. The Skycrowns rarely visited small inns, and even less often interacted with everyone.

Then everyone cheered, and clanked their glasses. Ylgim smiled and returned to drinking. Eventually he pulled out his Lute and started to sing. The Sleeping Giant was definitely no longer sleeping. The next morning, Ylgim payed for everyone's drinks, his stay, and left a little extra for the inn keeper.

Ylgim then left the inn and got on his horse and rode of to the north. To Whiterun.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Fort Fireside General's Administrative Quarters
South of Skingrad
Military Camp along southern Cyrodiil Border
The Empire

General Antony nodded once and replied "Of course Optio Augustine, as a soon to be century commander I would be honored to assist you with any questions you need clarified. It is a big promotion after all."

Legate Scipio stood towards the back of the room while Legate Volcanus left for his military post to help re-locate the forces to Fort Fireside.

Outside the fort guard soldiers began re-enforcing the wall of the fort with stone and Cyrodiil Concrete. A small cattle pen had been built inside the fort and was being used to help in the case of a siege, along the outside cheval traps surrounded the fort and molten copper was prepared at a fort blacksmith building in case enemies tried to break through the iron front gates. Bear traps also covered the forest to the south along the very edge of the border. Covered in Venom from large Frostbite Spiders in Skyrim, they would serve an effective toxin even if the enemy's leg wasn't incapacitated from the trap. Defenses were now almost lain for the enemy force in case the Thalmor or Dominion Army attacked first and if the Elite units arrived even a full strength Dominion force couldn't beat their fort, which itself was placed on the top of a hillside.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Praefect Marcus Augustus
South of Skingrad
The Empire

"General Antony, sir" Marcus began, looking the General in the eyes. "I thought orders from High Command were to defend borders, not initiate a conflict?". Marcus believed that an attack would put the Empire at fault for the death of thousands, and didn't want that for the Empire.
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

South Sutalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Sutalia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Camicon wrote:*snip* "I am going back to Whiterun myself, if you are going d'at way as well d'en I would be welcome for d'e company."

Vorid Ursine
North-East of Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch, Skyrim

Vorid was visibly impressed the moment the giant's head came into view. She had seen more adventures launched into Sovngarde by a giant than actually killing one. The Nord girl began to feel a bit nervous as Hjolfr looked at her, but still trusting in his good intentions. He may have been more perceptive than previously guessed.

Stormcloak armor nowadays was more of a collector's antique, and to be seen wearing it often brought unwanted stares outside of Eastmarch. Vorid had always known that her execution would be swift, if she was caught wearing the uniform of her ancestors outside of Skyrim, should they recognize it. Her ears perked up on listening to Hjolfr's offer. Whiterun was, by far, the most pleasant city Vorid could think of, and she had planned to travel to Whiterun Hold anyway. The mere sight of Dragonsreach from afar put her in a trance. Vorid jumped out of the cart, feeling shakiness in her legs. She had no doubt to the man's honesty. After all, he did save her life.

Casually walking around the dead bodies here and there, Vorid couldn't help but relieve them of their gold. It would be fair compensation for what they tried to do to her. Still thinking, she took Hjolfr's hand and put a coin bag into it, simultaneously admiring his Nordic gauntlets. Only now did the fact sink in that he was one of the Companions. Vorid could only dream of the stories this man would share. "A trip to Whiterun sounds wonderful! I mean, um, having company for a bit sounds nice." Vorid tried to control her excitement. "I heard the Bannered Mare has great mead." Not wishing to waste any of her rescuer's time, the Nord girl got back onto her horse, who indeed was giving Hjolfr very unpleasant stares.
"Blessed are the young, for they will inherit the national debt." -Herbert Hoover

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:09 pm

In vicina di Città d'Imperali

The sun was high in the sky above the majestic Imperial City, home to many people of all walks of life. There were men, mer, and beast all working alongside each other. In the land of Cyrodiil, the Thieves' Guild was nowhere near the same trouble it was in places like Skyrim. They were criminals, undoubtedly, but they had a sense of good about them. The Guild in Skyrim acted like an organized crime ring, intimidating shopkeeps and destroying property just to prove a point: that they were in charge, and that they were not to be cheated. The Cyrodiil guild, however, worked on honor. They were much closer to social supporters rather than a crime ring. The Cyrodiil guild did things like steal taxes to return to the poor, and it drew the eye of Velyna, a Dunmer noblewoman escaped from Morrowind to the enchanting land of Cyrodiil. Velyna took her chance to join, and has since been employing the survival skills she'd learned in Morrowind and honing them by use in such missions. Her most recent mission was to burgle a large jewel from the home of a wealthy nobleman. The keyword there is burgle, as no violence was to be committed. She was a thief, not an assassin. And so the plan had been made: to use whatever means necessary to sneak in, to minimize damage to persons, to acquire the jewel, and to return it to the guildmaster.

This job would be difficult, as the sun still shone. Nonetheless, this time of day had been observed as the most opportune, when security reached its lightest and the guards reached their apex of dozing off. A few creeks from the manor, thus, would be something to shrug off as the old house making its usual sounds, rather than something immediately demanding of attention. Everything seemed to be carefully calculated, and the route had been set. There was a partially hidden external entrance to a wine cellar beneath the target. It was hidden behind a bush, and it was locked, but it was a valid secondary method into the estate, and furthermore one that could be used to remain undetected. So the plan was set, and so Velyna made her approach.

The grass crunched under her boots, and a single twig snapped. This noise was of little consequence, she was still much too far away for the guards to hear it. Even better, she was crouched low to remain a small silhouette if anything. She was, in fact, so low, she could smell the scent of the broken grass with every step she took. It was a dangerous game she was playing, but it was worth it. She'd become a very experienced thief, or at least experienced in such skills, throughout her life, and so she felt confident enough to keep steady breath and heartbeat under such stress. The Dunmer inched closer and closer until coming across a cobblestone wall meant to keep the common rabble out, and to defend against wild beasts. Bears could, of course, be dangerous to large homes in the woods.

Upon reaching this wall, she took a deep breath, a step back, and lunged at it, shifting her forward momentum upward to gain a bit of extra height, and grasped the top of the wall with her fingers, leaving herself hanging on, but just barely. Mustering her strength, she pulled herself up on top of the wall, and quickly leaped into a tree to hide and to survey the area. The guards were most concentrated at the front, though a few were patrolling around the house and there were two at the exterior of the gate. A bit more searching, and the bush hiding the entrance was found. A smile lit up Velyna's face as she waited for the guard to make his way around. After such, she dropped from the tree and quietly made her way to the door, in which she picked the lock hurriedly and made her way inside. Infiltration had succeeded, and now the jewel was to be located and extracted. Getting in was the easy part.

The wine cellar was well-lit and very quiet. The underground aspect meant it was fairly isolated from the rest of the house, completely unguarded, and in a position in which sound did not travel to the other areas of the house. It might make a superb dungeon, and this may likely have been the case at some point. There were random holes in the wall, and even a few mounted shackles upon further inspection. One of them was even occupied by a well-dressed skeleton hidden behind a few casks of fine wine. This place, upon the discovery, became much more uncomfortable to stay in, and so Velyna's mind returned to her mission and she moved on.

Sneaking out from the wine cellar led to the main hall, currently unoccupied by guardsmen. Velyna made her move with hushed footsteps, using an effective tactic of going step-by-step, with the foot on the ground bearing all weight. Thus, all footsteps were light. Slow, steady, she made her way across the wooden floors with minimal noise. Soft, quiet breaths were the only sound other than creaking wood that came from her. Up the stairs, carefully, and finally into the room containing the jewel.

The jewel was beautiful. A large, blueish diamond cut into a beautiful pattern. Light from a nearby window passed through it, and it acted almost as a prism, spreading the light across the room in a mostly blue hue, though other colors were likewise present. They scattered across the small area, and the ultimate effect looked almost like waves, as if underwater. Indeed, the diamond was a fine one, and the wealth the Guild could achieve by obtaining it might be endlessly helpful in the long struggle against the corrupted bureaucrats. This might've been an exaggeration, but the diamond was indeed a beauty, and so she took a moment to enjoy the sight before making her move to secure it.

(Finished. Working with Feroxi here)

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Einar Lundson
Ninendava, Jerall Mountains
West of Bruma, Cyrodiil, the Empire

"I know, it's amazing" Einar said, forcing a smile. Behind his smile, he was drained, the fight had taken a lot out of him. So, to conserve energy, he kept quiet. He watched as Ja'sari raked through the chest, emptying it of it's contents. As she looked to him, Einar offered another smile, he couldn't tell quite what she was thinking about. However, it mustn't have been of any importance as she didn't say anything.

"Einar mostly nodded in reply. He had no complaints, but doubted he would have been able to voice them if he had.

"I... I disagree. I think people have the right to know the truth," Einar said simply, "but it might be dangerous for people..." Einar trailed off, conflicted.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 am

Aicandaar Garegwyn Aldmeris
General Spokesperson and Ambassador of the Aldmeri Dominion

Aicandaar was amazed. He's heard remarkable stories about this Human.

''Aicandaar Garegwyn Aldmeris, General Ambassador of the Dominion, Prince of Alinor.''

Aicandaar sat down and began speaking. ''Don't be scared of these Peacekeepers. They're more loyal to me than to the Thalmor.

He took a map from his cabinet and unrolled on the table. The map had positions of Dominion forces and Imperial Legions.

''Our spies have reported movements in Colovia. They're fortifying their forts. May i ask something, how strong are these forts? how many men do they usually have? Nevertheless, we will be doing something about this if they attack us first. I've already ordered the Aldmeri Navy to move into strategically defensive positions.''

Streets of Morrowind and Argonia

Two Khajiits walked to the signposts and began giving people letters. They pasted these notices and letters to every possible town and cities and castles. They've been doing these for the past two weeks and they recently received supplies from Alinor.

PROPOSITION!
From the Aldmeri Dominion Diplomatic Corps!

Citizens of Tamriel!

We are in need of able body men who can fight for coin. We will be paying 400 Septims to every recruitee and will pay an additional 100 septims for every battle fought! Depending on your skill, you may earn up to 10,000 Septims! Register now at your nearest Aldmeri Dominion recruitment center. All beasts and elves are allowed. Here are our payments;

Recruit: 400 Septims

Every encounter: 100 Septims

Family bonus: 500 Septims

Food bonus: 130 Septims

Every major encounters: 120 Septims - 500 Septims

Total: More than 1,200 Septims to 1,700 Septims!

BE A HERO! EARN MORE THAN 20,000 Septims in your first SEVEN MONTHS!

[ This is not an act of war. The Aldmeri Dominion simply wishes to bolster it's national security forces by mercenary drafts. ]

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:09 am

City Watch
White-Gold Tower, The Imperial City
Cyrodiil, The Empire

The guardsman Hrothmund and Harald had approached stopped walking, and looked towards them. "Mercenaries, eh? A company? Head over to the Bastion, at the Prison District. You'll find a recruitment officer there, as well as a paymaster. He'll ask you about your numbers and equipment and such, before giving you your orders. You're not the only ones today." The man gave a nods, shouting "Long live the Empire!" before walking off, stopping his patrol again as he started talking about some rumors with a small group of people, mainly concerning mudcrabs and things like that.

Remaunes Cardes III
White-Gold Tower, The Imperial City
Cyrodiil, The Empire

"... and forces from Hammerfell are coming together in the area here, here, and here. Dominion scouts were caught and beheaded, their bodies dumped in the Abecean sea. More Orsimer are arriving by the day as well, and we've recruited several additional mercenary companies from both within the Empire and outside of it." The Emperor looked up from the map as his advisers briefed him on the current situation. "And we are sure that Hammerfell can execute authority on Stros M'Kai?" A Legion veteran nodded. "In as far as offering them a good business opportunity they're bound to take, aye." The Emperor thought about that for a moment. "That'll have to do, then." He looked behind him as one of the Palace Guard approached. "Your grace, excuse me, but I've been told that there is a man wishing to see you. It's quite urgent, I believe." Remaunes frowned. Who was this man? What was so urgent? "Did he state why he was here?" The guard shook his head. "No, your grace, he did not." The Emperor sighed, speaking as he walked towards the Ruby Throne. "Very well. Get the guard here, and show him in."

Esthael Cardes III
Aleswell Inn, Aleswell
Cyrodiil, The Empire

Esthael emptied her bottle of wine, watching another Breton enter the inn. She looked young, and her hair was black with a few odd white strands. That was odd. The Emperor's cousin looked towards her protector, the ever-silent Legate Cullagia, whom had just finished her evening's meal. "D'you think she's from here?" Ethael asked her, the ever-silent Penitus Oculatus officer shrugging. "I don't think so. Too pretty, don't you think?" Esthael looked at the other Breton for another moment, before turning around, towards Cullagia and her table. She remembered being told something about keeping a low profile or something like that before she left, and decided to try her best at doing so - as far as that was possible for an armor-clad, highly attractive Breton like her together with a bodyguard in a small town like this.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:41 am

Ja'sari
West of Bruma, Cyrodiil, The Empire

"Ja'sari agrees that people have the right to know, but she also fears for others safety. If we tell people, they'll come, and they might wake Gordhaur again. Hence why Ja'sari wants to keep this place secret. Not for personal greed, but for the safety of others." She said to Einar.

Ja'sari then put her share into her bag, including the journal, and then handed the armor to Einar. She then grabbed the remaining two Welkeynd stones, and handed them to him. She then picked up the sword and wrapped it, putting it in her bag to carry it.

"Ja'sari thinks we should leave now. Ja'sari knows a good merchant in the Imperial City, Ja'sari is heading that way, if you want to join her." She said as she started to walk away and then back down the corridor to the secret door.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

The Warriors of the Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warriors of the Sun » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 am

General Laurence Willheim
Valenwood-Cyrodiil Border
Valenwood, The Aldmeri Dominion

"I have a tendency to be wary of any who are not loyal to me, which is a lot of people these days," responded Laurence walking over to the table. He looked to his daughter Gemma and whispered, "Why don't you take a seat and read a little, alright?" She nodded quietly and walked over to a seat to begin reading one of the two books she brought with her. Laurence looked up and said, "I hope you do not mind that I brought one of my daughters along."

Laurence glanced down at the map, this war would be long and bloody, both sides know war in inevitable and have been digging in to prepare for the worse. "Unfortunately I cannot answer that question anymore, when I left the empire they were in the middle of mass recruitment campaign in the provinces outside Cyrodiil. If you are receiving reports these forts are still being fortified I can only assume they have the Colovian border just as well defended as we have this side of it defended. Whoever strikes first in this war should be ready for a very slow and bloody advance with the defenses either side have erected."

"My main fear lies in the vulnerability of Summerset Isles. There is little Dominion forces stationed in Elsweyr or Valenwood can do if an invasion fleet is sent from Hammerfell or High Rock and The Empire knows that well. Hopefully your fleets will be ready. Truth be told from what I have seen from both sides, the advantage does not lie with the Dominion and if we don't find a new source of men or strength soon we will need to hope this war starts soon. The Empire simply has a bigger pool of men to draw from and the more time they are given the bigger advantage they will have. Thankfully your kind is gifted in magic in a way far beyond the other races."

Laurence paused, looking at the map, the more he saw maps of Tamriel the more his fear was ensured. "The Dominion just needs to hold our position, given the defensive strength of our enemy if we were to attack we would likely just be opening up our own defenses for their counter. As much as it pains to just wait and be attacked, the Empire needs to make the first move, so we can assess and respond. Or in other words, I believe we will need to give a little ground if we are to eventually take their grounds."

The issues with defending the Summerset Isles still disturbed Laurence so he added, "Forgive me as this suggestion may be much for the honorable or those with a particularly large elven pride, but to help slow down any possible invasion fleet and hamper the enemy's supplies, it may be in our interests to buy out any pirates, bandits, and mercenaries we can find in the Western Seas. Pirates hampering their ports and ship routes will buy us time to respond to any naval actions made by The Empire. Unfortunately, I have neither the funds to do buy them myself nor the influence to ask the Thalmor Courts in the Summerset Isles to buy more human support. Would perhaps you be able to do this?"
Last edited by The Warriors of the Sun on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:51 am

Aicandaar Garegwyn Aldmeris
General Spokesperson and Ambassador of the Aldmeri Dominion.
Valenwood - Cyrodiil Border. Heavily Militarized Zones.

Aicandaar couldn't agree more. This human was as bold as he was. He saw a big future for him. Nevertheless, he had to focus on the current situation more now. Imperial Legions are moving south, possibly attacking Elsweyr first rather than Valenwood. Despite the Thalmor sending Influential Khajiit Warlords to the borders, the strength in Anequina is relatively weaker than in Valenwood. Because of this, Propaganda techniques spread wildfire in Elsweyr and in Valenwood.

Holographic Recruitment [Similar to ESO's Colovian Propaganda in Arenthia] were implemented in every town and cities across Dominion lands and into neighboring provinces; Namely the Ports of Argonia and Morrowind. Posters for recruitment, Aldmeri Flairs were all erected across the Aldmeri Dominion.

''One hundred thousand.... One hundred thousand minimal military casualties the Dominion could suffer at an event of an all out war with the Empire. I believe that war is not the solution. We believe that we can find a Diplomatic way to solve this issue. I have a proposition.''

He gestured all the Peacekeepers to go out. Including his trusted friends.

''We should initiate a coup. I have close friends and contacts in the Navy. Most of them Admirals. My sister is being hunted down by the Thalmor. I seek to reform the Thalmor and the Aldmeri Dominion and promote equality. Although, i believe that mer is much more wiser and superior to the Humans, we shouldn't kill every men. We can ask for our own lands and let them leave us alone.''

''Although, that may change oncce i see the Human Emperor. He might start something really... really... bad. Let's just speculate on it first right? Now, i shall send word to the Admirals to send ships to the general direction of Stros M'kai for defense. Woodhearth is a perfect place for a Port Command in the Northern Part of the Blue Divide.''
Last edited by Hastiaka on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:17 am

Einar Lundson
West of Bruma, Cyrodiil, the Empire

"You're right, we can't risk it" Einar said. Some truths must be left buried...

Einar accepted the armour, seeing that Ja'sari wasn't in much of a rush. He quickly changed into the armour, putting his robe back on over it. No need to attract extra attention he thought. The armour fit very well, it was both comfortable and didn't weigh him down. It was perfect.

In a rush, Einar caught up with Ja'sari and she closed the door behind him, hopefully burying the Dead King for the rest of time. Einar walked with Ja'sari in silence, what could you say to someone you just killed an undead Ayleid King with? he thought.

After leaving the ruin, Einar broke the silence.

"So, what are your plans after we meet your friend?" Einar asked, secretly hoping that she wanted to stick together. Over the years, he had had but a few fleeting romances and the same number of friendships. To find someone who was friendly to him was... extraordinary. He didn't feel lonely with her, this made him happy, loneliness was one of the few problems he faced in his life. To think that someone might bring an end to that pleased Einar greatly.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 am

Fort Fireside General's Administrative Quarters
South of Skingrad
Fort Fireside
The Empire

General Antony chuckled and then replied "What would possibly make you think I was going to attack the Dominion first? I am not here to initiate any conflict, and to think I would attempt to start a second Great war is slightly offensive. However, perhaps you misunderstood my orders to the Legates. You see, if the Thalmor invade the Empire, it will be my job to not only hold the line at Skingrad but immediately initiate a counter offensive into Valenwood. The objective will be to destroy their mainland force and isolate them to the Summerset Isles before beginning a coastal invasion of the Isles. Any more questions? Legate Scipio will need you in the first century when they march over to this fort. We have much work to do, setting up outposts, creating palisade walls along the border here and practicing combat in case the counter offensive is needed so that we'll all know what to do."
Last edited by Alouite on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 am

Praefect Marcus Augustus
South of Skingrad
The Empire

Marcus nodded, relieved that the Empire wasn't planning to instigate a Second Great War. "Alright General, thank you. I must say, I was worried, I didn't want the graves of thousands to be a result of Imperial actions". Marcus saluted the General and nodded to him. "It was an honor to meet you, sir. I'll report to the Legate and we will meet the First Century". Marcus walked towards the door but stopped and turned to face the General. "Thank you again, General Antony".

With that, Marcus exited the General's cabin and approached Legate Scipio and mounted his horse. "Alright, Legate, take me to the Century"

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:21 am

Esthael Cardes III
Goodwill Inn, Bleaker's Way
Cyrodiil, The Empire

It had been a quiet night in Aleswell - Esthael and Cullagia had gone to sleep pretty early, seeking some rest for the journey the day ahead, northwards. Unfortunately, the two had to share the bed, although it didn't turn out to be that much of a problem, the warmth of their bodies turning out to provide more warmth than the beaten quilt that lay on the bed anyway. With not much else to find in Aleswell, the two had their breakfast early in the morning before heading towards the coast of Lake Rumare, Esthael insisting on not spending a day without a bath (something the inn seemed to be sorely lacking, among other things). With that done, the two set out on their journey to Cyrodiil's northern lands of County Bruma.

The journey was an uneventful one, the pair only running across several other travelers, and a battalion of marching Imperial Legionaries, fresh recruits from Skyrim by the looks of them. The roads seemed to be clear of bandits, the inherently violent version of thieves clearly avoiding the roads like the plague with the increased Legion movements, not daring to test their luck with so many men actually skilled at fighting around.

It was late in the afternoon when the two arrived at the small town of Bleaker's Way, a town that had once been involved in nefarious plotting by the Daedric Prince Mephala. Judging that they wouldn't reach Bruma before nightfall, Esthael and her protector decided to stay the night at the town's inn, named the Bleaker's Way Goodwill Inn, this time managing to renting two rooms for the night, one for each - the prices, again, were surprisingly low in Esthael's opinion, the Inn clearly named after the generosity of its owners. They both brought their things to their room, the Emperor's cousin quickly changing into a simple, but elegant, blue dress, preferring it over the armor she had been wearing all day. Together they went downstairs again, quietly sitting in the commons room, enjoying the warmth of the fire in the quiet town of Bleaker's Way.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 am

Somewhere in Skyrim,
Near Falkreath

The travel to Skyrim was long, bitter, and cold. Ki'nanik had heard of the rumors of war on the horizon but his quest had already begun. The Khajit caravans had been able to walk in the city after the Imperials retook Skryim and crushed the Stormcloaks once and for all. Though, when the caravan walked in the city, they still hostile eyes and racist remarks were no short as their words were like arrows to the cats' fur. The words hurt Ki'nanik but the leader Khajit, one who was born on a full moon and can easily be a Mane, just laugh saying," Khajit has been cut by stronger steel than this. You've must be new to Skyrim cub. Don't worry about the Nords, they're frost is nothing that we can handle. Just think of it as a " welcome committee" young cub."

Ki'nanik just laughed," Ki'nanik sees, this Khajit has only been out of the sands since the Dominion came. This Khajit is following a tale from his father but its not as strange as it may seem." The Caravan Leader smiled," ahh, it is a quest? It seems that the young cub is a family cat?" Ki'nanik just nods," yes, this Khajit is a family cat, but I believe this is far as this Khajit can go. This Khajit must be on his way." He waved goodbye as he started his way out of the city to the southeast in the mountains that border High Rock and into a cottage to where he could smell the cooking of stew and it made him lick his lips as he knocked on the door of the cottage.

The door creaked open and a woman in a robe had peaked her face through the door to see the Khajit. " Yes?" she asked when she saw the cat who looked like he was already came through hell through his travels. " Are you Sevannia Urmbranox?" The very question seem to be heavy as she gave a deep sigh with her response," yes... Yes I am." Ki'nanik started to put his back down on the ground and rummage through his things but she step out and stopped them," stop Khajit, I know why you are here. Please come inside and warm up."

He quickly got his back and slipped inside. The fire itself was warm to his body and quickly melted the snow off his whiskers as he sat down where the woman and what seemed to be a man sleeping but got spooked with the Khajit and just when back to sleep saying," a first for everything." The Khajit's right ear twitched towards the sound and she just chuckled," please, don't worry about my husband, we have done this many times but you are the first Khajit to try and get the Cowl of Nocturnal. Why would someone like you want to go after the Cowl?"

Ki'nanik's eyes started to dagger and his face started to show a more series, yet sad tone when he started to speak," this Khajit has seen his homeland become nothing but a feasting grounds for the Thalmor and the Imperials may pick their teeth with the Khajits' bones. The Khajit need the will to fight. However, Khajit are not warriors like Nords and Imperials, Khajit like to sneak. Only one legend comes to this Khajit's mind that can make the Khajit look at themselves with the same honor as the Khajit once had, is the Gray Fox."

She grabs a bowel of stew and starts to eat," well, you wish to use the legend of the Gray Fox to try and unite Elswyer? Well..." trying to think of a name where the Khajit spoke," this Khajit's name is Ki'nanik." She reacted to the name and grabbed an arrow from a chest and she said," well Ki'nanik, your not the only thief that tried to get the Cowl, but it's the first time in over 300 years that we had a Khajit tried to go for the Cowl. Whatever your means of trying to become the Gray Fox, you will need this arrow."

The arrow fell on the lap of the Khajit and he was puzzled," what will Ki'nanik need an arrow for?" She just started to laugh," oh, that is the Arrow of Extrictation, that will be needed as a key and trust me, everything will be explained if you get that far. Now, the start of your tests will be here on your map, just south towards the northern border of Cyrodill. Good luck Ki'nanik, and Shadow hide you."
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Warriors of the Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warriors of the Sun » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:11 am

General Laurence Willheim
Valenwood-Cyrodiil Border
Valenwood, The Aldmeri Dominion

"Gemma, why don't you go read over there," said Laurence to his daughter, pointing to a chair n the far side of the room. Laurence proceeded to speak in a whisper, not wanting his daughter or anyone else to hear even though no one else was presence. "I admit, I have no love for the Thalmor. It would bring me joy to see them replaced, but a coup..." Laurence paused, deep in thought over how to proceed. These were dangerous talks for more than just these two. "And equality and peace are both admirable, but the cost may be too great."

"You believe peace can be achieved, this war can be prevented. I do not. The Empire has only ever had one purpose, to control Tamriel, and we are the obstacle that prevents them from achieving this. I fear all you can achieve is to delay the inevitable destiny of this continent, war. If you are lucky you may convince this emperor war is unnecessary, perhaps he will convince their children. But after that...eventually a man or woman will rise wishing to reclaim the glory the Empire once achieved. And as long as the dominion exists we will be the enemy they turn to fight."

"But...perhaps a coup could work, if we fail we will all be put to death. If we succeed at the wrong time those who still support the Thalmor will work against us and The Empire will strike us in our weakened state. But if done at the right, with enough support, enough influence backing a new regime who could possibly be an advantage in this coming war. If the empire attacks and the Thalmor no longer rule, it will not be a war to protect the world from elvenkind, it will be a war of conquest. And if this war to conquest we may be able to negotiate peace with Hammerfell and even make an ally out of Argonia. But if we start this war, no regime change will convince the world that we are just."

"Now I am neither commending or condemning such a coup," said Laurnece. "Know that I will do whatever ensures the survival of the Dominion. If I think your coup will work you will have my full support, if not, expect me to do everything to stop it. But for now all I can do is prepare for a war I believe to be inevitable and for that means waiting in central Valenwood with my soldiers. My men won't be the first line of defense, but wherever they attack my men will be the first to reinforce the defenses whether it is in Valenwood, Summerset isles, or Elsweyr."

"And I agree, I fear the Emperor has nothing food planned for your arrival. I hope you are safe in your journey, and I hope the Thalmor Courts are wise enough to let The Empire make the first move..." Laurence was about to walk over to his daughter on the otherside of the room to check on her, but stopped to say. "...And I wish your sister luck and safety. I could not imagine being without my daughters, and can only guess at what you are going through."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:17 am

Ja'sari
West of Bruma, Cyrodiil, The Empire

Ja'sari closed the door to the secret corridor behind them. Then she walked with Einar out of the ruin. They went on in silence for a while, until Einar broke the silence. Ja'sari looked at him, she really didn't have any plans.

"Ja'sari doesn't know. Ja'sari just goes where ever the wind blows her." She said with a smile, "That's the way Ja'sari has lived since her childhood, care free, going where ever she feels like." She then looked into Einar's eyes, "Ja'sari will travel with Einar, if that's what he wants. Einar has been a friend to Ja'sari, not many have been friends with Ja'sari."

At Bleaker's Way

Ja'sari walked into Bleaker's Way, she was tired, but hid it well. The journey was fairly easy, a couple wolves and bandits but nothing that Ja'sari and Einar could handle. Ja'sari had got very little sleep during the journey, she kept thinking about the journal, and Einar. She looked at the inn and sat down on the stairs. "Ja'sari thinks we should rest here for a bit. It's almost nightfall."

With that Ja'sari entered the inn. She walked up to the inn keeper and paid for a room. Then she saw something interesting. A Breton, in a very expensive looking blue dress. But that was not it, something seemed different, it was the way she appeared to be carrying herself. To Ja'sari she saw a new adventurer, who looked to be from some prestigious family. She elbowed Einar, "Does Einar notice anything strange about that Breton?" She whispered, but before Einar could respond, Ja'sari was discretely positioning herself closer to the Breton.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Esthael Cardes III
Cyrodiil, The Empire

Esthael curiously looked towards the door as it opened, two figures coming out of it and walking inside. One of them was a large-shouldered man with dark blond hair, a typical nord, really, except for the fact that he was wearing a mage's robes. The other figure, however, truly caught the Breton's eyes. Clad in some form of hooded leather armor was a surprisingly human-looking Khajiit, something she'd never seen before. The cousin of the Emperor had only heard about the Ohmes-raht, and had never seen one before in person - truly her adventure was a success already! She couldn't help but giving a giddy smile towards Cullagia, the legate seemingly giving something of a sigh. Esthael discreetly turned her gaze back towards the two new arrivals, whom appeared to be true adventurers, and watched them hire a room (or two? She couldn't hear). Oh my. She noticed that the Ohmes-raht came closer - this was her chance to finally meet one in person, as well as talking to some true adventurers! She turned towards the two, a wide grin on her face as she waved. "Hellooooo!"
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Einar Lundson
Cyrodiil, the Empire

Einar was absolutely bemused by the Breton woman's approach. Rather than sneakily wondering about the other party, she had called to them across the tavern! This woman must be desperate to see us, very trusting or very naive. In his confused state, he bumbled over to the woman and, who at least seemed to be, her bodyguard, a Legionnaire who's rank Einar had no clue of.

"Hello?" Einar replied, unsure of whether he was invited over. The Breton's attention was fixed solely on Ja'sari. Who is this woman, why is Ja'sari so interesting to her. And who is she that she deserves a Legion soldier as a bodyguard? Einar thought.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Eliskar Deathgrove
Skyrim-Cyrodiil Boarder Crossing

"What do you want, elf?" Said a Legionnaire harshly. He was most definitely a Nord. He said this to a shady looking Bosmer, who had approached the Boarder on horse back.

"I want to enter into Skyrim," he said as he handed the Legionnaire his papers. The papers where false, but had tricked many Legionnaire guards before. The papers labeled him a member of the Imperial Intelligence, a spy, tasked with the job of counter spying, "I have reason to believe a group of Dominion spies has entered Skyrim. They likely claim to be refugees, but do not travel as such. Has there been anybody matching that pass through here."

"Now that you mention it, there was, a couple days ago." Another Legionnaire stated, "There was a snowstorm, so we just rushed them through."

"Thank you. Now, I must be on my way and catch them. For the Empire." The Bosmer said as he got his papers back and rode away. Once far enough away he smiled, Easy, he thought, Now to find that traitor to the Dominion.

This Bosmer was one of the top agents of the Dominion, Eliskar Deathgrove. He was under strict orders from the Thalmor to find, and eliminate this traitor. Appearently she was the biggest threat at the moment to the Thalmor. As such, they gave him the job, the top agent in the Dominion, one who's existence is known by a select few. Eliskar rode North into Skyrim, tracking this rouge elf.

Ja'sari
Cyrodiil, the Empire

Ja'sari looked at the Breton, and returned her smile. She appears to be to trusting, Ja'sari could definitely rob her blind, if not for that bodyguard, She told herself as she approached the Breton. An Imperial Bodyguard, definitely Legion, why would she need this one? She asked herself, Ja'sari will get to the bottom of this She saw how the Breton looked at her, This one has never seen a Khajiit like Ja'sari, she figured.

"Hello. Ja'sari sees the way you look at her, this one has many questions, is Ja'sari correct? Ja'sari also has questions for this one, like who is this one?" She said motioning to the Breton with a smile as she sat down near by.

Ylgim Skycrown
Whiterun, Whiterun Hold
Skyrim, The Empire

Ylgim arrived in Whiterun before noon. He looked at the walls, still crumbling, but still strong, like Skyrim herself. Skyrim was strong, but in decline, never to reach her true glory under the Empire. Ylgim smiled, If t was up to me, I would bring Skyrim independence, and she would prosper, he said, In fact, the time nears when the Skycrowns can attempt it. Ylgim pushed the thought to the back of his head as he approached the city gates. The guards stopped him. Ever since the Stormcloak Rebellion, the Empire has insisted on Legion guards in the main cities, plus some normal city guards, just in case the Nords tried to rebel again.

"Halt. Who are you, and what business do you have here?" one of the guards said.

"Ylgim Skycrown, traveling, visiting Whiterun." He said simply to the guard.

"Very well then." The guard said as he opened the gate allowing Ylgim into the city.

Ylgim thanked the guards and entered the city. He headed for the Bannered Mare for some drinks.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Ralos Athelyn
The Black Road

The silence of the forest was broken only by the gentle clip-clop of two score horses bearing as many riders down Cyrodiil's Black Road. Shining and resplendent high above, the afternoon sun was almost negated on the forest floor, where the gargantuan oaks of the Great Forest diminished it's blaze into a mere trickle, giving Ralos and the men of his company the impression that it might as well be twilight, though they all knew better.

Primordial and ancient, it was quite obvious that the trees here were easily older than the white stones of Ayleid ruins that occasionally poked out of the dirt and moss, desperate for those in the current era to recall another time, millenia before. With Ralos' company, the ruins seemed to succeed, casting a blanket of silence about the forty riders that refused to come undone. Conversations started quietly and quickly drifted off into each man's private thoughts. Opening notes of marching songs burst forth from their lips only to be swallowed up the woods as if an unseen leviathan devoured each tune. The forest was old, beyond anything Ralos had ever seen, and the trees demanded silence.

Ralos was only too happy to give them that. Anyone who had served under him for any length of time was aware that he simply didn't speak while on the march. New recruits in his company tried every year to share some jibe or other with him, or regale him with some tale. Ralos ignored them until they fell silent, or bestowed them with his glare if they persisted. After a year or so one simply learned that their Dunmer captain wouldn't talk in the saddle, and so they jested with one another or with Fadren Senoril, who was only too happy to talk. Ralos truly didn't mind if his men talked or not, so long as it wasn't to him. He valued silent, solitary thought much more than conversation, and the more he could exercise the former, the more satisfied he was. It was for this reason that he welcomed the forest's effect on his men.

Ahead, the trees began to thin, allowing sunlight to break through and illuminate the ground with ease. Ralos knew they were close to the point where the Black Road met the Red Ring Road that encircled the Imperial City and the island in Lake Rumare on which it sat. The Red Ring Road, site of so many battles in the past, and likely more in the future.

A few minutes of further riding took them out of the Great Forest and onto more open ground, occasionally marked with the sandstone ruins of deteriorating and abandoned Imperial forts, unused since the Second Era. The village of Weye appeared ahead, a popular stopping point for tired travelers who wished to get some rest before crossing the bridge over Lake Rumare and entering the Imperial City the next morning. Ralos had been there once before, in the same year the Redoran Councilors had cast him out of Morrowind.
The residents of the tiny hamlet of Weye gave the mercenaries guarded and sometimes hostile looks as they wound their way through the village towards the bridge. Ralos glimpsed a finely-clad old man entering the city at the far end. He wondered what the man was in the Imperial City for.

A young guard captain with a Colovian look about him gave his company a once-over. "What's your business in the Imperial City?" he demanded.

"Just mercenaries, passing through and maybe staying for a night or two." It pleased Ralos to be telling the truth to city guardsmen for once. Far too often he had to lie, cajole or bribe his way into cities. I am unwelcome in too many places.

The captain stared suspiciously at him, apparently hesitating on whether to allow forty armed men into the city. Finally, reluctantly, he waved them onto the bridge. "Don't go causing any trouble now," he warned.

Ralos' company began to chatter again as they rode across the bridge and over the still waters of Lake Rumare. This was the Imperial City, the capital of the Empire and in the minds of many, the most magnificent city in Tamriel. Despite having traveled up and down much of the north of the continent for twenty-five years, even Ralos agreed. As a Dunmer, he had grown up hearing of the wonders of Vivec and Mournhold. But Vivec and all it's people had been destroyed in the Red Year and the Argonians had sacked Mournhold not long after. The former was no more and the latter was just a shadow of the Mournhold that had existed in the Third Era. Blacklight, the new center of Redoran power in Morrowind, was no mean settlement but neither was it a particularly large or wealthy or pretty city.

Solitude in Skyrim had been impressive, as had Wayrest and Daggerfall in High Rock and Sentinel in Hammerfell. But of all the cities Ralos had seen, he still considered the Imperial City to be their better. Nothing compared to the sight of the White-Gold tower looming up out of the mist on a foggy day, or to the general wealth of the city and it's plethora of shops.

After further questioning, the guards on the wall cranked open the magnificent gates to admit Ralos and his men. Passerby and residents of the city gave the party of forty armed and mounted men strange and suspicious glances as they cantered through the streets of the city towards the Market District.

Fadren dug his spurs into the side of his mount and drew even with Ralos. "What is there for us here, my friend? We should be riding east, not south."

Ralos Athelyn smiled for the first time that day. "There is always something in the Imperial City. Always. One simply has to look."
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse