NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:17 am

Elerian wrote:Could I reserve southern and central India?

Yush. I shall see to it.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:18 am

Britain might want more of India, so you better watch out.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:18 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Second Helghan Empire wrote:Reserve A Holy Roman Empire that broke up the principalities and was dominated by Austria rather than Prussia In the 1800's

Include Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, Czechoslovakia, Modern Germany, Prussia, East Prussia, Bohemia, Silesia, Hanover, Luxembourg

Edit:NVM instead I would like a Hanseatic league like nation dominated by Prussian Influence that includes

Modern Germany, Prussia, East Prussia, Silesia, Denmark (but not copenhagen), and the Netherlands

Errr... the lands are rather large chunk of land (from European perspective). Could you settle for Northern Germany, Prussia (up to the eastern territories)and Denmark?

Oh and nice history lessons XDDD I am glad that I don't have to explain every fasset of history by punching things into google~!

EDIT : Hmmm... on second thought... keep entire modern germany. The size of Europe is really deceptive simply because there are too many stuff happening all at the same time. So could I limit your claim to Modern Germany, Prussia, and Denmark?

Of course you are the OP so yeah I can
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:19 am

ApplePieistan wrote:

Speaking of... you didn't specify any Indian lands. So I am assuming just Canada and Australia, right?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:20 am

Oscalantine wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Britain might want more of India, so you better watch out.

Speaking of... you didn't specify any Indian lands. So I am assuming just Canada and Australia, right?

Can I at least have western India?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am

ApplePieistan wrote:Um, actually slaves were well fed. The masters would give them plenty of food because a strong, well-fed man could do much more than a starved one. Also, about giving Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to the Indians, it's worth noting that some of them also used slaves. These were the ones that helped the Confederacy during the civil war. Also, how could you enforce banning transatlantic slave trade? That's a large area to cover.

Georgia exists, but within the confines of its historical colonial boundaries. As for the native territory I was referring to its potential to be used as a free province hence blocking the expansion en masse which happened in real life. Britain, and the U.S certainly tried their hand at it especially within their own borders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Africa
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Can I at least have western India?

western coastlines, right? Yeah, I guess that's about acceptable landgrab ^^

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 am

ApplePieistan wrote:

@Oscalantine

Ah! And Sri Lanka if that wasn't implied as being part of my claim.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:25 am

Oscalantine wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Britain might want more of India, so you better watch out.

Well they mentioned they wanted Canada to support the Confederacy.

So...not exactly sure how thats going to work out in terms of the American Commonwealth suddenly going into a civil war over a dead issue. The machinations of slavery within the provinces is no longer coming back, and the south seems content with exploiting its vast class of contracted servants.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:27 am

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Well they mentioned they wanted Canada to support the Confederacy.

So...not exactly sure how thats going to work out in terms of the American Commonwealth suddenly going into a civil war over a dead issue. The machinations of slavery within the provinces is no longer coming back, and the south seems content with exploiting its vast class of contracted servants.

Right. I was off and on for a bit so I didn't get to read every historical issues folks were discussing.

But I am assuming that Canadian claims still belong to Apple? Or did you manage to take some from his over negotiations?

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:30 am

Second Helghan Empire wrote:Of course you are the OP so yeah I can

Thanks~!!

Now... I gotta find how Germany looks like... this is going to be a disaster in of itself... Why must you have so much borders Germany!!!

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 am

Central America, Columbia, and Ecuador has been reserved ^^

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:49 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well they mentioned they wanted Canada to support the Confederacy.

Right. I was off and on for a bit so I didn't get to read every historical issues folks were discussing.

But I am assuming that Canadian claims still belong to Apple? Or did you manage to take some from his over negotiations?

Still working on the issue with Canada.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:51 am

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Still working on the issue with Canada.

Well, I still reserved your eastern half of US, so feel free to take it to IC if it takes you ^^

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:59 am

Benuty wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Um, actually slaves were well fed. The masters would give them plenty of food because a strong, well-fed man could do much more than a starved one. Also, about giving Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to the Indians, it's worth noting that some of them also used slaves. These were the ones that helped the Confederacy during the civil war. Also, how could you enforce banning transatlantic slave trade? That's a large area to cover.

Georgia exists, but within the confines of its historical colonial boundaries. As for the native territory I was referring to its potential to be used as a free province hence blocking the expansion en masse which happened in real life. Britain, and the U.S certainly tried their hand at it especially within their own borders.

But I'm not helping with that, so it might be harder to make those blockades.

As for the bigger issue as to who gets Canada, I also wanted it to help me expand into western America which I would do in the IC.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:04 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Benuty wrote:Georgia exists, but within the confines of its historical colonial boundaries. As for the native territory I was referring to its potential to be used as a free province hence blocking the expansion en masse which happened in real life. Britain, and the U.S certainly tried their hand at it especially within their own borders.

But I'm not helping with that, so it might be harder to make those blockades.

As for the bigger issue as to who gets Canada, I also wanted it to help me expand into western America which I would do in the IC.

This won't be the first War of 1812, it certainly won't be the last XDDD

And... to be absolutely clear, Apple DID claim Eastern Canada first. While I love the lore behind North America and I would love to see it come to fruition... I cannot simply force Apple to give up any part of Canadian reserves. Thought I should make that clear.
Last edited by Oscalantine on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:10 am

Oscalantine wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:But I'm not helping with that, so it might be harder to make those blockades.

Be rather odd to wait so long to commit back to the area.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:12 am

Oscalantine wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:But I'm not helping with that, so it might be harder to make those blockades.

And... to be absolutely clear, Apple DID claim Eastern Canada first. While I love the lore behind North America and I would love to see it come to fruition... I cannot simply force Apple to give up any part of Canadian reserves. Thought I should make that clear.

Eastern Canada, and Rupert's Land (Central Canada) aren't exactly the same thing.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 am

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Eastern Canada, and Rupert's Land (Central Canada) aren't exactly the same thing.

Just give me Rupert's Land and I'll be happy. You can have eastern Canada.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 am

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

No, it really isn't. My thought on when Apple reserved Eastern section of Canada would be around the eastern... horn? Around Quebec areas that Britain originally had claims over and anything west of that. Rupert's Land is viable, unless I am completely mistaken, although to be on the safe side, I would have to say eastern coast of Hudson bay should belong to Apple while you can go for the western areas.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:15 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Benuty wrote:Eastern Canada, and Rupert's Land (Central Canada) aren't exactly the same thing.

Just give me Rupert's Land and I'll be happy. You can have eastern Canada.

Right. That's interesting. So Hudson bay and all its coastlines to Apple, and Quebec area eastward to Benuty?

Is that something that we can settle with?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:21 am

Oscalantine wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Just give me Rupert's Land and I'll be happy. You can have eastern Canada.

Right. That's interesting. So Hudson bay and all its coastlines to Apple, and Quebec area eastward to Benuty?

This is agreeable, and actually connects somewhat historically (since Hudson bay was colonized long after the civil war) as a way the British in the homeland have started reappearing in strength again. As for who has settled or will settle the western portion of North America only time will tell as participants show up.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:24 am

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

This is agreeable, and actually connects somewhat historically (since Hudson bay was colonized long after the civil war) as a way the British in the homeland have started reappearing in strength again. As for who has settled or will settle the western portion of North America only time will tell as participants show up.

Awesome. I'll update the claims and wait for your apps~!!

Phew, what a rush of folks. Glad that I got to catch all of you up so late XDD

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:30 am

Map updated~~!

The greyed-out ones are territory reserves. I didn't put names because... well, I don't know'em ^^;;;

Let me know if I missed something, and I'll add it. Most likely, though... if I didn't "add on" to your existing territory, I probably thought I should read your history before I understand just WHY you need that particular set of land ^^

Norwegian Vinland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Norwegian Vinland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:34 am

Could I reserve Austria Hungary

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse