NATION

PASSWORD

{ATHENA: Operation Falling Star} (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

{ATHENA: Operation Falling Star} (IC)

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 am

Hangar
V-44 Bay
Several hours before Mission Start

With everyone in the V-44, the bird had the green to go. With the doors closing, Sergeant Conde looked over her team. Men and women from different backgrounds, different nations all here to fight and extraterrestrial threat. While it wasn't her first time leading a squad, it was a first to lead one with team members of various backgrounds. And it was definitely a first against aliens. But she was prepared for it regardless of experience. They had a mission, and she was disciplined to follow through with her leadership role. Her only worry was corporal Artem, who was still injured from a previous Op.

"Alright everyone. Listen up for the mission debrief," Awa said, speaking to everyone in the transport's bay, "As you know, one of our birds was knocked out of the sky. We have confirmed that the pilot ejected from the aircraft before it crashed. So the mission is to find him and bring him home." She took a bit of a breathe before continuing on. She was not much of a speaker. Always a quick reader, and she could type her thoughts well, but when it came to speaking, she wasn't inspiring nor had the charisma. She can say her piece, but that didn't mean she would convince or draw eyes. The only thing keeping others to her was her authority and the enclosed space of the transport.

"High energy signatures were detected before the plane went down. Though it is not confirmed, it is assumed that it was shot down by an alien aircraft. Not only that, but there were other high energy signatures detected along the canyon the bird was shot down over, after it was shot down; Also assumed to be alien tech," Conde continued, "Our search will be along the canyon floor, based on where the pilot ejected before his plane crashed. The region is dotted with various abandoned mines, so our man will likely be hiding in one nearby. We are expected to encounter enemies with alien weaponry on the ground with possible support in the sky." Saying what was on the PDA was different from reading it. Her words felt like they had more weight than emotionless words on the screen. She had more sense of foreboding when hearing it in her voice than reading it. She suppressed it, but the feeling was still there. It was always there, against an enemy. Even more against an extraterrestrial one. Would they all make it? Would their guy still be alive? These questions popped up but she didn't want to answer them. She just looked on to her people, her responsibility, and continued.

"Remember people, this is a rescue operation. Our mission is to get our guy and get out. No recovery of the downed bird nor looking for enemies. Our modus operandi will be stealth. we'll keep to the canyon walls and the vegetation, no visible areas or clearings when we can manage it. If we have to engage the enemy, we'll eliminate them fast before they can use whatever they are wielding," she said, "The flight there will be long, so rest up before we land. I hope you are all mentally and physically prepared for this operation." She then went to sit. Just then, the V-44 started to lift off, signalling their departure to the mission.

Death Valley, California
V-44 Bay
Mission Start

The V-44 started descending, down into the long canyon that ran north-south in the area. Greenery was abundant but none higher than a couple of feet. The sun was high, but the ever increasing shadow along the western wall signaled its descent. Setting down on the canyon floor, the bay doors open, revealing this scene to the squad.

Sergeant Conde was already standing by the door, getting out first and scanning the scene. No hostiles. Not yet. She moved to a nearby shrub, pulling out the PDA. "Over here everyone," she ordered to them.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 am

Death Valley, California
Mission Start

Odetta hopped off the aircraft, her carbine still shouldered, and she wasn't even intending on using it just yet. She scanned her surroundings, looking for any trail of the plane or the aliencraft. She only saw one clue, which was the stream of smoke streaking through the sky and going off deeper into the canyon. It had been recent, but some time had already passed as the white line was already beginning to disappear into the atmosphere. Well, now we know for sure it landed here...

She walked over to Sergeant Conde, and awaited further orders. Some sweat began to gather as the sun wasn't blocked at all from the barren skies, and Odetta cursed clear days. It's like Egypt again. Gottverdamm...

"What's up, Sarge?"
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 am

Artem casually walked out of the aircraft, the Skorpion dangling from the sling, which was looped over his right shoulder, and in his left hand was clutching one of ATHENA's toys. A second generation full metal combat helm, inbuilt with a comm suite, HUD, and various other accessories. With a quick yawn, he walked over to the Sarge, placing the helmet on his mop of hair, where it fit comfortably over his glasses. He unslung the Czech's native weapon, and placed the heavily modified sub machine gun in his hands.

His brief stroll over to the Sarge had been unbearably hot, and Artem was suddenly grateful for the tan spray paint that he'd placed in the pouch labeled 'misc.' with it, he'd managed to spray up the twin SAPI plates from the black shade they'd been before to a dark sandstone color.

"What now, boss?"
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Cpl. Herrman
I strode out the back of the massive VTOL with the rest of the squad. As I looked around I noticed the sun was going down, it wouldn't dip below the horizon for a while, but then again we have no clue how long we'll be needed here. Casting my gaze back down to the earth, I was given memories of my time in Iraq and the two or three ops during that mess in Egypt. I shook my head, removing the haunting feeling of a suicide bomber about pop out from behind a rock and give me a nasty hug.

I formed up with the squad behind a bush, it was unnervingly quiet, in a combat zone quiet was never good, I had a feeling I should probably back up a few feet away from them, I half stood and took a few cautionary steps away from the Sergeant, "We probably shouldn't clump up this tight, an MG gunner would have a field day."
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Sonitusia wrote:Odetta's eye twitched as she had obviously overheard what the French had said. Or was it because only she could hear it? Years of hunting had accustomed her to notice even the faintest slight of movement, and the woman muttering was no exception. "Ahhh, nein nein nein, it's not like that," Odetta interjected, awkwardly smiling to try and cover up her bloodlust. No, she wasn't a coldblooded killer. She just didn't mind hunting baddies. But, it was hard to explain her lust for the blood that came out of them. It was sort of... Like a game? No, that's an even worse way to put it.

"I just... Enjoy the hunt, that's all," she continued, "how the target ends up is probably my choice or my duty, but the hunt is the most thrilling part of it all." Hopefully that makes her less insane than the woman claims she is.

Oosterscheldekering Dam Base
V-44
Emilie Girard

Emilie raised an eyebrow, amused at the woman's swift defence - and that she'd even heard her whispered breath in the first place. The medic seemed to mull the words over silently before breaking out into a laugh and slapping the German light-heartedly on the shoulder. "Bof, I'll take you're word for it then." Emilie continued to chuckle to herself as she leaned back into her seat, folding her arms across her chest as she prepared for the inevitable battle to try and get some sleep during the flight. It was better than staying awake through the thing. Sounds like a crazy to me, but maybe that's for the best. They tend to come out of these things better-off than the patriots and the fools. Before she dozed off for the trans-Atlantic flight, Emilie cast one last glance over at Odetta. She hoped that the woman never lost sight of that thrill she spoke of - for her own sake. Maybe that way she'd forget to notice the screams.

As soon as the door hit the desert sand, Emilie followed Conde out with her P90's butt pressed tight against her shoulder, her eye aligned down its sight. She moved out of the VTOL with a speed and ease that could only be earned through practice, brutal training in the real world having taught her that a bird was most vulnerable on take-off and landing. Although she refused to beleive that the real reason for her sharp pace was simply to get off of the sealed metal can as quickly as she could. Her nerves seemed to calm down as soon as her feet touched upon soft, solid ground and Emilie took a deep breath of the warm Californian air before making her way over to the Sergeant.

"If a machine gunner could see us where we are right now, they'd have a field day no matter where we stood." Emilie piqued up bluntly, noting the lack of cover their immediate vicinity had to offer. Sure, they could try hiding in the shrubs - might make their foe expend a bit more of his bullets to mow them down. "What's the plan?"
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Artem was sitting down, the small SMG laying in his hands as he listened to the others speak about how they should and shouldn't form up. With a sigh, he put his two cents in as he sat in the sand, idly drawing in the sand with his knife.

"The pilot was shot down by ET, right? If they had any idea we were here, we wouldn't have even touched down alive. So, we can conclude that the ETs don't know we're here." He said, shrugging his shoulders.
'

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Shyluz wrote:Artem was sitting down, the small SMG laying in his hands as he listened to the others speak about how they should and shouldn't form up. With a sigh, he put his two cents in as he sat in the sand, idly drawing in the sand with his knife.

"The pilot was shot down by ET, right? If they had any idea we were here, we wouldn't have even touched down alive. So, we can conclude that the ETs don't know we're here." He said, shrugging his shoulders.
'

I replied, looking at the canyon's edges for any shoddily place ghillies or camo nets, "Checking a helicopter's burning wreckage for bodies is less convenient than straight up turning them to pulp with a fifty. Our pilot can probably attest to that." A crow cawed in the distance and I jumped a bit, "Fuck me..." the reminder of the man in an exploding vest nearly killing my squad a few years back reminded me of something. I gazed down at my vest, just as I thought, I had forgotten to bring any frags or other offensive grenades, not even a flashbang or roadflare, I sighed, and turned to the rest of the squad "I don't suppose any of you brought any frags?"
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Artem 's metallic helm covered the wide grin that he wore underneath, before unbuckling the pouch labeled in white chalk 'grenades' and tossing it over to the other man.

"I just stuck grenades in there. Keep it. I won't be needing them." He said, his hands effortlessly doing a field strip of the EVO he held, fixing a small loose firing pin, before he returned it to operational status. "But, you need to cool your nerves. This your first ET op?"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Shyluz wrote:Artem 's metallic helm covered the wide grin that he wore underneath, before unbuckling the pouch labeled in white chalk 'grenades' and tossing it over to the other man.

"I just stuck grenades in there. Keep it. I won't be needing them." He said, his hands effortlessly doing a field strip of the EVO he held, fixing a small loose firing pin, before he returned it to operational status. "But, you need to cool your nerves. This your first ET op?"

I rather clumsily caught the bag, not expecting a little over 5 pounds of grenades to fly towards me, 'Six grenades?... this guy's fucking loopy.' I strapped three to my vest before tossing them back, I replied to his inquiry, "Only need three, better to spread ordinance out y'know? But yeah it's less nervousness and more trying to realize a man named Abdul isn't gonna try blowing me up with a hug again. If anything I expect ETs to be easier to deal with than that. Anyway we should cut the chatter, lest we actually get found." I continued my scan of the canyon edges, as well as the actual canyon for any movement.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Sergeant Conde was staring at the two until they stopped talking. "Yes, please do that," she said. She moved the PDA closer to everyone in the group. It was displaying a map of the canyon. Using her index finger, she guided the group along the map. "This is our current position," pointing to Main Saddle, "We'll be moving north across the ridges, enter the valley, and move here," pointing to the Upper Waterfall, "From there, we'll move east into Surprise Valley and towards Panamint City. Along this path are several abandoned mining tunnels. We'll be checking every one. Our pilot is likely in one of them." She tucked the PDA back into her pocket and got up. "We need to move fast. No doubt he enemy will be looking for him as well. But we must remain hidden from them. We'll engage with them only when we can ambush them," She looked to Artem specifically, "Keep those grenades handy," she said, then looking back to the others. "If all goes well, we'll get our guy and avoid enemy contact," she said," Let's move out and get our guy out of this hornet nest.

With that, Sergeant Conde headed out, leading ahead of the squad but never too far ahead of them.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Sergeant Conde was staring at the two until they stopped talking. "Yes, please do that," she said. She moved the PDA closer to everyone in the group. It was displaying a map of the canyon. Using her index finger, she guided the group along the map. "This is our current position," pointing to Main Saddle, "We'll be moving north across the ridges, enter the valley, and move here," pointing to the Upper Waterfall, "From there, we'll move east into Surprise Valley and towards Panamint City. Along this path are several abandoned mining tunnels. We'll be checking every one. Our pilot is likely in one of them." She tucked the PDA back into her pocket and got up. "We need to move fast. No doubt he enemy will be looking for him as well. But we must remain hidden from them. We'll engage with them only when we can ambush them," She looked to Artem specifically, "Keep those grenades handy," she said, then looking back to the others. "If all goes well, we'll get our guy and avoid enemy contact," she said," Let's move out and get our guy out of this hornet nest.

With that, Sergeant Conde headed out, leading ahead of the squad but never too far ahead of them.

Cpl. Herrman
After looking at the map I had several worries about this Op, the sun was almost halfway through the sky already and the foot travel alone would take until nightfall, let alone searching the mines which could go on for God knows how long, telling Sarge now would be better than holding it in until mid way through the search, I stood and strode beside Sergeant Conde, "Ma'am, I don't think we have the man power to do this effectively, if we were just walking I'd be fine with it, but those mines could be massive, we could spend hours searching them, and our pilot might be moving as well. I don't think we can do this with just the five of us."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm

"Alright, will do." She followed the Sergeant, and then overheard the conversation that Corporal Herrman had started. Coughing into her fist, slightly offended, she muttered loudly, "Excuse me, I think that's why I'm here. To save your precious time." She took out her heat tracker, but did not activate it just yet. Her weapon was still slung over her shoulder, and her eyes flicked left and right as she tracked possible traces. "Sergeant, I suggest we check the ones with the highest heat signatures. That, and there would most likely be tracks from the pilot. Unless he went through all the trouble to cover them up."
Last edited by Sonitusia on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Sonitusia wrote:"Alright, will do." She followed the Sergeant, and then overheard the conversation that Corporal Herrman had started. Coughing into her fist, slightly offended, she muttered loudly, "Excuse me, I think that's why I'm here. To save your precious time." She took out her heat tracker, but did not activate it just yet. Her weapon was still slung over her shoulder, and her eyes flicked left and right as she tracked possible traces. "Sergeant, I suggest we check the ones with the highest heat signatures. That, and there would most likely be tracks from the pilot. Unless he went through all the trouble to cover them up."

I snorted at the Bundeswehr operative, I craned my neck to speak to her, "I wouldn't mind spending the night, if there wasn't a possibility of us being hunted. And although the thermal will help, steam produces heat too." A small iguana skittered across our path, "Not to mention wildlife. The way I see it, the only way we're finding that pilot in a reasonable time-frame is if we're incredibly lucky. Either with our search or with enemy contact."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Sergeant Conde stopped and listened to what the corporal had to say. To be honest, the defeatist attitude of the corporal pissed her off a bit. But she kept her professional manner, burying the anger.

"Well, then we'll have to be fast then," she said," Not to mention, most of these sites are prospector tunnels; None larger than fifty meters. The only big mine is in Panamint City, northeast of here. That'll be our last stop." Knowing her training, in this terrain, and if they were fast, it shouldn't take till nightfall. "If we are fast, it shouldn't take longer than three hours," she said, looking at Hermann directly, "Now let's start moving soldiers." Looking away, she started moving again.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

"Didn't even answer my suggestion," Odetta grumbled, pocketing the thermals once more. "Sergeant, it's really unwise to check every single one as they could lead to anywhere," she mentioned once more, "like I said before, let's just check the entrances for traces, and if there are none, we just move on to the next." Will she listen this time? Gottverdamm, I'd rather be on my own for this, like I usually am...

"And if what you're saying is true, I don't really think our man has three hours to spare."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:35 am

As soon as the Sergeant told them to get moving, Emilie offered a curt nod and fell in line. She walked briskly but at a solid pace that would allow her to conserve her energy, cradling her P90 as her eyes scanned the distance. The medic tried to ignore the heated discussion going on behind her by focusing on the task at hand, mentally calculating how long it would take them to reach their first destination. Best case scenario, the pilot’s there and they could call for an immediate exfil – but Emilie had learned long ago never to expect the best case.

Sighing to herself, Emilie looked over her shoulder without breaking her stride, starting to get slightly irritated by the whining that she could overhear. “We can always iron out the details when we get there.” She was becoming exasperated with the situation, knowing full well that even if they found the pilot he may well have already succumbed to his injuries without a healthy dose of luck. “I don’t know if the thought’s occurred to you,” Emilie aimed her statement at the man who seemed adamant in talking back to the Sergeant, “but I don’t have a full surgical suite stuffed down the back of my pants. This whole mission is a roll of the dice, so let’s not start questioning things and just get to do doing our jobs, bon?” They had a long walk ahead of them no matter which-way you cut it, and Emilie didn’t want to have to listen to complaints the whole way – or draw the attention of any less-than-friendlies if they could help it.

The medic turned towards the Sergeant without waiting for a response from the Corporal, “Madame, requesting permission to take point?” They were deep in hostile territory, and Emilie wasn’t too keen on all of them cresting a hill to bump into a couple of aliens. All the same, she felt her trigger-finger starting to get an uncomfortable itch; she’d signed up with Athena to shoot some ETs, and now she may finally get her chance.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Cpl. Herrman
I shut my mouth, it was quite obvious my concerns were ignored in favour of some special snowflakes who thought everything was about them. I sighed, it seemed as if everyone in this squad had a stick up their ass about needing to get a few words in, I hadn't even mentioned anything related to medical problems and Frenchy decided to shove her nose in, and the hunter seemed a bit arrogant in pointing out she had thermal. Sarge was bristling, most likely at me. The only person yet to show any sort of asshattery was the Czech, Artem, and he was still wounded. After walking a few minutes in silence I felt unnerved for some reason, like I was walking somewhere I shouldn't be, I kept it to myself not wanting to 'annoy' the others with my 'half-baked' reasoning.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Sergeant Conde's anger was fuming. Did they listen to her at all. Did they remember what mission they were on? She didn't know she was herding self-centered teenagers around instead of soldiers. She was about to say something, but then the medic took the words for it. A sense of ease went through her, and her anger subsided a bit. Her face was the same though, stoic and professional. But she shot a slight smile to Emilie as she moved closer to her as a little thank you.

"Permission granted," Sergeant Conde said.

The squad trekked for about an hour and a half. They made stops to the various tunnels along the way. Five tunnels, searched and scanned, and no pilot came up. On the ridges, the group was on the approach to the next canyon, Surprise Canyon, near the Upper Waterfall. The squad could see the verdant greenery of bushes and small trees.

Sergeant Conde, even more tense than usual, stopped suddenly. She heard something. She raised her hand, signalling the group to stop and then took a knee, signalling them to do the same. She stayed there for a good few seconds, listening. She then tensed up, hearing something from the canyon below. Corporal Carrius would have heard the voices as well. She moved slowly back to the others.

"I heard voices down there. No aliens, human voices," she said in a quieted and serious tone, with a hint of confusion. She thought they were gonna face aliens, but human beings? She knew that there were opposition groups, but she didn't know she would face them with the mission report. She looked directly at Odetta. "Corporal Carrius. Move up and look into the canyon. We need to know who we are dealing with," she said to her in a quieted tone.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Artem was crouched a good meter away from the sarge, and he held the EVO in his hands, and the empty metal eyes of the helm staring at Conde in a manner as if to say 'What about me?'

Which was precisely what the Czech said a moment later as he did a final check (heh) on his Skorpion, making sure the rounds were chambered in the sub-machine gun, before drawing the CZ 75, and doing a quick check there as well. "Sarge, all due respect. My specialty is scouting and flanking operations. Having said that, permission to function as a fireteam with Carrius ma'am?" He asked, placing the CZ back in it's holster as he prepared himself for the upcoming firefight.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Shyluz wrote:Artem was crouched a good meter away from the sarge, and he held the EVO in his hands, and the empty metal eyes of the helm staring at Conde in a manner as if to say 'What about me?'

Which was precisely what the Czech said a moment later as he did a final check (heh) on his Skorpion, making sure the rounds were chambered in the sub-machine gun, before drawing the CZ 75, and doing a quick check there as well. "Sarge, all due respect. My specialty is scouting and flanking operations. Having said that, permission to function as a fireteam with Carrius ma'am?" He asked, placing the CZ back in it's holster as he prepared himself for the upcoming firefight.

Conde thought for a moment on the consideration. Her concerns were over whether sending two would be too much. The canyon was dry, and having two people increased the chances of the enemy hearing them. On the other hand, Carrius could get spotted and be on her own against how many there were. Having an extra man increased the chances of surviving and neutralizing targets. Remembering the terrain, there was a likely chance that they could get spotted if something fell into the canyon, regardless of there being one person or a two person team.

"Permission granted," she said, "Stay frosty."
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Artem's helm looked as if it were smiling as he tapped Carrius on the back, signaling for her to prepare herself as he gripped the EVO ever so slightly tighter. After all, in his personal experience, humans are deadlier than ETs. He turned back to the sarge, giving a lazy salute.

"Always." He said, dropping the salute, "It's my job to be a snowflake in hell."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Artem was crouched a good meter away from the sarge, and he held the EVO in his hands, and the empty metal eyes of the helm staring at Conde in a manner as if to say 'What about me?'

Conde thought for a moment on the consideration. Her concerns were over whether sending two would be too much. The canyon was dry, and having two people increased the chances of the enemy hearing them. On the other hand, Carrius could get spotted and be on her own against how many there were. Having an extra man increased the chances of surviving and neutralizing targets. Remembering the terrain, there was a likely chance that they could get spotted if something fell into the canyon, regardless of there being one person or a two person team.

"Permission granted," she said, "Stay frosty."

Cpl. Herrman
I was a bit worried about thew fact everyone was talking and not gesturing on what to do, granted Gambia wasn't part of NATO so the signals might not have been the same, I still wanted the squad to remain unheard so I gestured to Sergeant Conde, I put my left palm to my right wrist, thumbed the front of my helmet and held up a fist to say: 'How many did you see? if any?'
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Odetta indeed heard the voices, several men and a few women, who were down below. "Definately human, no doubt about it," Odetta whispered, "let's go, Tschechien." For the first time since they touched down, she finally held onto the HK416C, peering down the sights for a moment before slowly trudging towards the canyon ridge. She motioned for Artem to follow, and she quickened the pace.

Before reaching the ridge, Odetta had taken out a combat knife, and began cutting branches of the bushes surrounding them, sticking them into multiple areas of her uniform, including her hair. "Discretion is advised," she mused, and she crawled once she was near the edge. She took out her binoculars, and scanned the depths below.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:05 am

The two moved up to the ridge overlooking the canyon. Odetta and Artem would notice down in the ridge a five person team. All human, two females and one male. They were all kitted with attire for the terrain and weather, with basic body armor covering their torso and helmets covering their head. Four of them, two females and two males, wielded AK-47's while one, a male and clearly the leader, held a .45 Colt SAA and a radio. On all five, clearly visible on the left breast of their body armor, was the symbol of the ARES Division.

"This guy could be anywhere," said one of the male grunts, "We're wasting our time." "My feet hurt. Damn rocks," said the other male grunt, kicking a smaller rocks. "Quit your whining soldier. We have to find him. He's alive and knows about the transport and our weapons," The male leader said very stenly, "If a rescue team get's here and extracts him, that info goes to the enemy, you understand?!"

"Yes sir!" the grunts said, almost in unison.

Artem was stealthy, but the injury from the last mission was still effecting his ability. The sandy terrain along with the slope was difficult to stand on, along with the injury, something was bound to happen. One small slip happened. He caught himself, but it was a bit late to stop what happened next. A rock, small but good sized, was kicked off by his foot. It hit the ground, rolled down the ridge, and bounced into the canyon, causing several loud knocks before it hit the canyon ground.

"What the fuck was that?!" said the leader, on edge. The other soldiers tensed up. "Either a rock fell into the canyon," said a female grunt, "Or that idiot could have kicked a rock too hard." "I did not kick a rock! I stopped!" replied the rock-kicking male grunt. "Quiet both of you!" the leader said, his eyes looking around. Luckily, Artem and Odetta were out of his view. "Stay alert. There might be an enemy around here," he said, his face showing paranoia.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Artem grimaced invisibly, the helm obscuring his face from Odetta's view, as the rock alerted those below. His shoulders visibly tensed, and his hand moved to the pouched labeled 'grenades,' and he dug around it for a few moments. Eventually, he came out with two grenades, a flashbang, and a tubular fragmentation grenade. Each was an impact detonator, and as such there was only a pin, and no priming handle. He placed the pins in a row, the two grenades hanging from his gloved fingers.

"Sarge, this is Yurivich. We've got five human dipshits down here. All milspec or paramil. They're on high alert, but they don't know where we are. Permission to engage?" He said on the general comms channel, silently alerting Odetta to prepare herself.
Last edited by Shyluz on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse