NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Tayner wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
He could have raided Norfolk. Unless good ole' Dixie controlled it.

I think Dixie would've controlled it by then.

And they would've blown that sub out of the water if he threatened them.


If he had ever come to Washington we could have trapped him in the sound and used primitive depth charges to sink him. Plus since he has to surface to fire his missiles, we could always use missiles salvaged from PSNS or Bangor. Mostly Bangor, since PSNS is mostly a shipyard. I would know, as I can walk over a hill right outside of my house and see it lol
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Laurvier wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:ACCEPTED. Question: how did the submarine resupply as the Remnants had no coastal territory, being entirely located in the central USA. Just wondering.


There's always the option of aerial resupply for food and spare parts. Just surface and then receive an air drop. There was also the option of scavenging what they could with shore parties from the coasts of the entire world given the operating range of a modern sub is virtually unlimited. I'd assume they had rearmed at least a few times before the Remnant Navy disbanded as well though I edited that most of their missiles had been spent by the time they abandoned the sub. Keep in mind they spent most of the time after the disbanding hunting and killing deserter vessels all over the world. I would say they got a few to surrender, commandeered their supplies then sunk them after. As for refueling, the nuclear reactors on modern submarines last a long time (very long).

Walle, to answer your question...Keegan was pretty gung ho about the Remnants and killing "traitors" if you remember. Also, he wouldn't have really needed to go back to Boston to hit it. Range of Tomahawks is over a thousand miles.

Aerial resupply would only work for so long as fuel reserves became limited. The Navy disbanded in Year 4, so there is a long while between that and the final collapse of the Remnants. Just saying. Also, keep in mind, you're not threatening to blow anyone up in this thread. You are just a man without your sub. For lack of a better word, a nobody with no standing in this world. Most of the younger generation probably have little knowledge of the Remnants and older folks see them as ghosts of the past. So you can try to throw around the weight of your position but don't expect many to listen.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Laurvier wrote:
There's always the option of aerial resupply for food and spare parts. Just surface and then receive an air drop. There was also the option of scavenging what they could with shore parties from the coasts of the entire world given the operating range of a modern sub is virtually unlimited. I'd assume they had rearmed at least a few times before the Remnant Navy disbanded as well though I edited that most of their missiles had been spent by the time they abandoned the sub. Keep in mind they spent most of the time after the disbanding hunting and killing deserter vessels all over the world. I would say they got a few to surrender, commandeered their supplies then sunk them after. As for refueling, the nuclear reactors on modern submarines last a long time (very long).

Walle, to answer your question...Keegan was pretty gung ho about the Remnants and killing "traitors" if you remember. Also, he wouldn't have really needed to go back to Boston to hit it. Range of Tomahawks is over a thousand miles.

Aerial resupply would only work for so long as fuel reserves became limited. The Navy disbanded in Year 4, so there is a long while between that and the final collapse of the Remnants. Just saying. Also, keep in mind, you're not threatening to blow anyone up in this thread. You are just a man without your sub. For lack of a better word, a nobody with no standing in this world. Most of the younger generation probably have little knowledge of the Remnants and older folks see them as ghosts of the past. So you can try to throw around the weight of your position but don't expect many to listen.


Bei you never answered my question
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20340
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Good thing GPS wouldn't work after so many years.

Also, years of sailing and this one submarine wins EVERY TIME? Sounds unlikely. The Bostonians might have even sabotaged it once he got comfortable with making port or enlisting new sailors.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: May 07, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Laurvier » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Laurvier wrote:
There's always the option of aerial resupply for food and spare parts. Just surface and then receive an air drop. There was also the option of scavenging what they could with shore parties from the coasts of the entire world given the operating range of a modern sub is virtually unlimited. I'd assume they had rearmed at least a few times before the Remnant Navy disbanded as well though I edited that most of their missiles had been spent by the time they abandoned the sub. Keep in mind they spent most of the time after the disbanding hunting and killing deserter vessels all over the world. I would say they got a few to surrender, commandeered their supplies then sunk them after. As for refueling, the nuclear reactors on modern submarines last a long time (very long).

Walle, to answer your question...Keegan was pretty gung ho about the Remnants and killing "traitors" if you remember. Also, he wouldn't have really needed to go back to Boston to hit it. Range of Tomahawks is over a thousand miles.

Aerial resupply would only work for so long as fuel reserves became limited. The Navy disbanded in Year 4, so there is a long while between that and the final collapse of the Remnants. Just saying. Also, keep in mind, you're not threatening to blow anyone up in this thread. You are just a man without your sub. For lack of a better word, a nobody with no standing in this world. Most of the younger generation probably have little knowledge of the Remnants and older folks see them as ghosts of the past. So you can try to throw around the weight of your position but don't expect many to listen.


I kind of figured the second part. Thought that was apparent from my apps.

If he had ever come to Washington we could have trapped him in the sound and used primitive depth charges to sink him. Plus since he has to surface to fire his missiles, we could always use missiles salvaged from PSNS or Bangor. Mostly Bangor, since PSNS is mostly a shipyard. I would know, as I can walk over a hill right outside of my house and see it lol


Wrong, an Ohio does not have to surface to fire its missiles. No modern submarine does. This includes Virginia, Los Angeles and Seawolf class subs. Many Cold War era Russian subs don't have to as well. They just have to rise to a certain depth. Either those converted to fire tomahawks or the regular Trident IIs. Also modern subs are quiet and can go deep enough to hide from WWII style anti-submarine tactics. To hunt one, without another sub, is a very difficult process that requires advanced equipment and a coordinated effort between ASW aircraft and surface vessels.
Last edited by Laurvier on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7723
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Laurvier wrote:
Tayner wrote:I think Dixie would've controlled it by then.

And they would've blown that sub out of the water if he threatened them.


Boston considered the same thing and Keegan was perfectly fine with that as long as he took them with him. :evil:

Well, let's see, after Keegan left, Boston probably warned nearby settlements about him, and Dixie would've caught wind. When they secured Norfolk, roughly four years after the outbreak, they would've probably set up submarine nets and mines, so the sub couldn't have gotten close enough to determine if there were survivors in Norfolk. And in all seriousness, why would the sub nuke Norfolk if they didn't even know what was there, even if it was still there.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Sarejo wrote:Bei you never answered my question

Sorry, what question again?

User avatar
Kazirstan
Senator
 
Posts: 3989
Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:19 pm

So, I have this map of the continental United States. People have come up with all of these factions, and I felt like marking them on the map.

There's some stuff on the west coast in BC and Washington, Boston, Dixie, and the former Remnants, I was wondering if people could clarify exactly where, and how large these factions territories are. Also, what others have I missed?

http://i.imgur.com/oU4GX4m.png

I put a little brown dot in Colorado where I presumed Vulture territory is.
Pro- Communism, Feminism, LGBT rights, Social justice, BLM, Labour unionism, Public transit, Choice, Environmentalism, Palestine
Anti- Capitalism, Fascism, Racism, Misogyny, Automobiles, Science denial, Gun control, Nationalism, NATO, Imperialism, Zionism, Neocolonialism
Tankie trash
Regressive leftist
Feminazi SJW
Cultural Marxist

she/her plz | Better red than dead! | Proud proponent of White Genocide™ | Stalinist-Feminist

It's cool that you have opinions but they're wrong and I hate you~

Women's liberation is a basic necessity for the revolution to triumph. Women hold up the other half of the sky. - Thomas Sankara

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Bei you never answered my question

Sorry, what question again?


Lol how you make so many successful RPs.

Also, Laurvier, NBK has so many Ohio Class subs its not funny. If they really wanted to, the Union could sink you.
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Laurvier wrote:>SNIP<

I know this is also in the past but how long can a submarine be operational without maintenance? There was no place to dock and, again, supplies would always have been an issue. And it's unlikely that all subs were loyal to the Remnants after Year 4, meaning that Keegan would have been at risk should he have gone hunting after them only to come back unscathed. I know all your power relies on the submarine but you seem to have been a near unstoppable force. Maybe it's nothing but I dislike overpowered characters more so than military, so that's something to keep an eye on should Keegan and friend make issues later on.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Sarejo wrote:Lol how you make so many successful RPs.

I only had two successful, both of them Outbreak. My first RP died rather quickly and the reboot is traveling at a snail's pace. If anything I feel you need to have a concrete idea that's interesting as well as some leeway for IC actions, but with also enough structure to keep things from getting out of hand. Hence while NML has more tightly held rules than Outbreak. Luck also doesn't hurt. Never expected Outbreak to be successful, and yet here we are on the sequel. Plus getting some dedicated people along for the ride helps. And writing: good writing makes things interesting and, hopefully, will keep others enthralled enough to not simply drop out.

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: May 07, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Laurvier » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Tayner wrote:
Laurvier wrote:
Boston considered the same thing and Keegan was perfectly fine with that as long as he took them with him. :evil:

Well, let's see, after Keegan left, Boston probably warned nearby settlements about him, and Dixie would've caught wind. When they secured Norfolk, roughly four years after the outbreak, they would've probably set up submarine nets and mines, so the sub couldn't have gotten close enough to determine if there were survivors in Norfolk. And in all seriousness, why would the sub nuke Norfolk if they didn't even know what was there, even if it was still there.


Wouldn't have done anything. Like I said, the range of tomahawks is over a thousand miles. They don't have to come close and you can't really set that up for an entire ocean. Especially in a postapocalyptic world where resources are scarce. It's also a lot easier for a submarine to hide if they aren't being actively hunted by surface vessels or other subs. This includes moving through different temperature layers in the ocean where sonar from dipped aircraft sonar domes and sonar buoys can't penetrate. Or using bad weather which, though doesn't really affect a submerged sub, harms sonar performance throughout the ocean. Modern subs also have advanced enough sensor systems and sonar to avoid mines.

As for knowing people are there. Second, submarines would still be able to connect to reconnaissance, weapon guidance and communications satellites overhead. Many submarines such as the Virginia-Class are also used for signals intelligence collection so they would be able to intercept any chatter and communications going on to verify activity.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Kazirstan wrote:So, I have this map of the continental United States. People have come up with all of these factions, and I felt like marking them on the map.

There's some stuff on the west coast in BC and Washington, Boston, Dixie, and the former Remnants, I was wondering if people could clarify exactly where, and how large these factions territories are. Also, what others have I missed?

http://i.imgur.com/oU4GX4m.png

I put a little brown dot in Colorado where I presumed Vulture territory is.


The Northwest Union controls Kitsap, King, and Pierce Counties in Washington State.

The Vancouver Commonwealth control most of the area of British Colombia within a 50-75 mile radius around Vancouver City.

The Free Territories of Portland control both Portalnd and Vancouver, Washington. They're pretty small.

The California Empire control most of Northern California from San Francisco to the California-Nevada border, and as far north as Butte County, and as far south as Kings County.
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: May 07, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Laurvier » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Laurvier wrote:>SNIP<

I know this is also in the past but how long can a submarine be operational without maintenance? There was no place to dock and, again, supplies would always have been an issue. And it's unlikely that all subs were loyal to the Remnants after Year 4, meaning that Keegan would have been at risk should he have gone hunting after them only to come back unscathed. I know all your power relies on the submarine but you seem to have been a near unstoppable force. Maybe it's nothing but I dislike overpowered characters more so than military, so that's something to keep an eye on should Keegan and friend make issues later on.


Was I not clear by the app that Keegan and Rachel are now on their own trying to survive in Colorado?

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1022
Founded: May 07, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Laurvier » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Good thing GPS wouldn't work after so many years.

Also, years of sailing and this one submarine wins EVERY TIME? Sounds unlikely. The Bostonians might have even sabotaged it once he got comfortable with making port or enlisting new sailors.


Actually, I think it could. Not that it had to. They could load a targeting package onto a tomahawk before it is fired and let the missile's own independent radar guidance system do the rest.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Kazirstan wrote:So, I have this map of the continental United States. People have come up with all of these factions, and I felt like marking them on the map.

There's some stuff on the west coast in BC and Washington, Boston, Dixie, and the former Remnants, I was wondering if people could clarify exactly where, and how large these factions territories are. Also, what others have I missed?

http://i.imgur.com/oU4GX4m.png

I put a little brown dot in Colorado where I presumed Vulture territory is.

Boston and New Orleans are small, being centered around their city of origin.

Republic of Texas encompasses most of Texas and the fringes of surrounding states, but it's not a unified entity being more of a loose confederation of settlements in the area. As such it's not a major player in world events.

The Remnants formerly controlled most of the territory west of the Mississippi and east of the Rocky Mountains and were, for the longest time, the most powerful group in America. However, they quickly became isolationist and had little dealings with outsider groups. When they collapse the entire area fell to civil unrest. Bandits and struggling settlements make up most of what once was Remnant's territory.

The Pacific Northwest is located along the coastline from Northern California up to Vancouver. Don't see them pushing too far inland and with fishing they could likely have a stable source of food.

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7723
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Laurvier wrote:>SNIP<

I know this is also in the past but how long can a submarine be operational without maintenance? There was no place to dock and, again, supplies would always have been an issue. And it's unlikely that all subs were loyal to the Remnants after Year 4, meaning that Keegan would have been at risk should he have gone hunting after them only to come back unscathed. I know all your power relies on the submarine but you seem to have been a near unstoppable force. Maybe it's nothing but I dislike overpowered characters more so than military, so that's something to keep an eye on should Keegan and friend make issues later on.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think the ship it's self doesn't need to refuel for about 75 years. Why? Nuclear Propulsion lasts a long time.

Laurvier wrote:
Tayner wrote:Well, let's see, after Keegan left, Boston probably warned nearby settlements about him, and Dixie would've caught wind. When they secured Norfolk, roughly four years after the outbreak, they would've probably set up submarine nets and mines, so the sub couldn't have gotten close enough to determine if there were survivors in Norfolk. And in all seriousness, why would the sub nuke Norfolk if they didn't even know what was there, even if it was still there.


Wouldn't have done anything. Like I said, the range of tomahawks is over a thousand miles. They don't have to come close and you can't really set that up for an entire ocean. Especially in a postapocalyptic world where resources are scarce. It's also a lot easier for a submarine to hide if they aren't being actively hunted by surface vessels or other subs. This includes moving through different temperature layers in the ocean where sonar from dipped aircraft sonar domes and sonar buoys can't penetrate. Or using bad weather which, though doesn't really affect a submerged sub, harms sonar performance throughout the ocean. Modern subs also have advanced enough sensor systems and sonar to avoid mines.

As for knowing people are there. Second, submarines would still be able to connect to reconnaissance, weapon guidance and communications satellites overhead. Many submarines such as the Virginia-Class are also used for signals intelligence collection so they would be able to intercept any chatter and communications going on to verify activity.


I'm not sure every satellite in orbit would be operational four years after the outbreak.

And you didn't use the Virgina-Class.

Also, Dixie is about the entire state of Virginia, with a few settlements in other bordering states.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Laurvier wrote:>SNIP<

I know, just the sabre rattling is getting tiresome, and I need to make sure Keegan is knocked down a peg or three.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kazirstan wrote:So, I have this map of the continental United States. People have come up with all of these factions, and I felt like marking them on the map.

There's some stuff on the west coast in BC and Washington, Boston, Dixie, and the former Remnants, I was wondering if people could clarify exactly where, and how large these factions territories are. Also, what others have I missed?

http://i.imgur.com/oU4GX4m.png

I put a little brown dot in Colorado where I presumed Vulture territory is.

Boston and New Orleans are small, being centered around their city of origin.

Republic of Texas encompasses most of Texas and the fringes of surrounding states, but it's not a unified entity being more of a loose confederation of settlements in the area. As such it's not a major player in world events.

The Remnants formerly controlled most of the territory west of the Mississippi and east of the Rocky Mountains and were, for the longest time, the most powerful group in America. However, they quickly became isolationist and had little dealings with outsider groups. When they collapse the entire area fell to civil unrest. Bandits and struggling settlements make up most of what once was Remnant's territory.

The Pacific Northwest is located along the coastline from Northern California up to Vancouver. Don't see them pushing too far inland and with fishing they could likely have a stable source of food.


But my PNW Lore is split between four different nations, each spread out over different territories.
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Tayner wrote:>SNIP<

Oh yeah, Dixie. It may be me but I feel large territories would be difficult to defend seeing as there would be a lot of open space where bandits and infected could funnel into. That would probably be a downside to more rural areas, especially now since travel isn't as fast as it was.


Sarejo wrote:>SNIP<

Couldn't remember all the faction names so just lumped them together as the PNW.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:>SNIP<

Oh yeah, Dixie. It may be me but I feel large territories would be difficult to defend seeing as there would be a lot of open space where bandits and infected could funnel into. That would probably be a downside to more rural areas, especially now since travel isn't as fast as it was.


Why do you think the California Empire and Vancouver are so unstable? And why Portland and the Union are so stable? I take things like this into consideration lol

And yeah that's the problem with world-building. You gotta remember all these factions because they're smaller so there's more of them.
Last edited by Sarejo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7723
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:>SNIP<

Oh yeah, Dixie. It may be me but I feel large territories would be difficult to defend seeing as there would be a lot of open space where bandits and infected could funnel into. That would probably be a downside to more rural areas, especially now since travel isn't as fast as it was.


Sarejo wrote:>SNIP<

Couldn't remember all the faction names so just lumped them together as the PNW.

Bandits wouldn't be a problem and zombies would pose a moderate threat. It's not like we control the second largest state in the Union and some surrounding territory. They got the real problem.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20340
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:40 pm

The Massachusetts Bay Colony claims all of Massachusetts, with Boston and Harlem being the main population centers. Springfield is currently under recolonization.

The Republic of Louisiana claims the Mississippi delta, but has a few outposts, most notably an oil well in east Texas.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7723
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Wallenburg wrote:The Massachusetts Bay Colony claims all of Massachusetts, with Boston and Harlem being the main population centers. Springfield is currently under recolonization.

The Republic of Louisiana claims the Mississippi delta, but has a few outposts, most notably an oil well in east Texas.

I was thinking that in the lore of Dixie, I could have a finished USS Enterprise. It'd just be 15 years behind schedule.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10598
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Tayner wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:The Massachusetts Bay Colony claims all of Massachusetts, with Boston and Harlem being the main population centers. Springfield is currently under recolonization.

The Republic of Louisiana claims the Mississippi delta, but has a few outposts, most notably an oil well in east Texas.

I was thinking that in the lore of Dixie, I could have a finished USS Enterprise. It'd just be 15 years behind schedule.

Or you could turn it into Rivet City.


Wallenburg wrote:The Massachusetts Bay Colony claims all of Massachusetts, with Boston and Harlem being the main population centers. Springfield is currently under recolonization.

The Republic of Louisiana claims the Mississippi delta, but has a few outposts, most notably an oil well in east Texas.

I feel the RoT would take offense to that, but they may not be able to actually throw their weight around to get things done.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christian Confederation, Dayganistan, Dentali, Endem, Galnius, Google Adsense [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Hypron, Imperialisium, Krugmar, Meelducan, Plzen, Remnants of Exilvania, Union Princes

Advertisement

Remove ads