NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:24 am

I personally think the Dead Island Trailer Theme is the most depressing fucking song I have ever heard... Like honestly sometimes I fight back tears when I listen to it.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:27 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:150 people sounds like a faction to me. Aspen the biggest named settlement has 47 people... Taking into account reproduction that could become a BIG ASS faction in a few years.

There are probably some bigger settlements than Aspen, most just happen to be small due to resources.

Yea that's why I said named. But Yea There arent to many places that are bigger I'd assume cause of all that stuff...
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:29 am

Deramen wrote:Yea that's why I said named. But Yea There arent to many places that are bigger I'd assume cause of all that stuff...

I was just giving some info, not trying to pick apart what you said.

Sarejo wrote:I personally think the Dead Island Trailer Theme is the most depressing fucking song I have ever heard... Like honestly sometimes I fight back tears when I listen to it.

It was considered but I tried for something a bit lesser known.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:30 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:Yea that's why I said named. But Yea There arent to many places that are bigger I'd assume cause of all that stuff...

I was just giving some info, not trying to pick apart what you said.

No Prob Brah! :)

Edit: Hey whats the currency now?
cause we need some sort of money going on cause its not like everyone has a specific thing to sell.

For the time im going with bottle caps for simplicity.

Edit Two: I have written my first wall of text...
Congratulate me! :p
Last edited by Deramen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:54 am

Deramen wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I was just giving some info, not trying to pick apart what you said.

No Prob Brah! :)

cause we need some sort of money going on cause its not like everyone has a specific thing to sell.

Walls of text everywhere. Just note that I'm pretty sure electricity isn't an easy thing to come by and that Infected are rare to the point of being nonexistent, and one being in Aspen is unlikely as A) watchmen and B) most people nowadays have some sort of immunity. Just saying.

As for currency most simply barter. People in settlements probably offer services to one another. I give you beer and you build me a chair.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dubrovka
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dubrovka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 am

Very glad another one of these is coming up.
I'll have an app in soon.
Economic Left/Right: -0.67
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.52
http://imgur.com/y7QRuGi
Pro: SPACCEEEEE, Enviornment, LGBT Rights(Or general equality), Pro-Choice, Basic Human Niceness, Increased funding to arts programs in schools
Anti: Racism, Homophobia, Shark Finning, killing for sport
If anyone needs to talk about something or vent or whatever would make you feel better, I am here, just TG me.

Dubrovka
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dubrovka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 am

Name:Alex Warner
Nation Name:Dubrovka
Birthplace:Outside of Des Moine, Iowa
Ethnicity: Parents were Ethic Russian.
Pic/Description:

Immunity:Immune

(OPTIONAL)
Personality:Distant,Quiet,Protective,Thoughtful,Well Travled
Skills:Firearm and Melee Training,Tracking,Perception,Survival,Land Navigation
Dislikes:Crazies,Infected,Color Pink,Useless chatting(Occationaly)
Fears:Becoming Attached to someone, Feeling Helpless, Killing an innocent

Bio:Alex was born just outside the capital city of Iowa shortly after the outbreak. His mother and father were caring individuals who cared for him and wanted him to have the best in life, despite their meger surroundings. Alex traveled with his parents all over the midwest looking for work, his father a carpenter and handyman, and his mother could sow and make clothes. It was a meger upbringing, but Alex didn't mind too much, since he got to travel to many settlements. Because of this, he got to know the lay of the land pretty well when out walking with his parents. He also learned how to survive when there wasn't enough food to go around, hunting birds and rabbits with his makeshift bow. He soon learned how to operate and maintain many different types of weapons, from the simple spear or bow, to the complex firearms that he ran across.

Around the age of 14, while his parents were traveling to Colorado, hearing rumors there might be a large settlement built, were ambushed by bandits along the highway.This wasn't a normal ambush though, no shooting, no loud sounds. They were walking, then men came with large C's on their robes and gas masks. They injected Alex's parents with a syringe, and out they went, dead where they stood. But what stuck with Alex was what occured after they died. The people then proceeded to comfort Alex, telling him it will be alright and they won't hurt him. They even gave him a backpack with some food and water and pointed him in the direction of a settlement called Aspen. This whole scene made Alex extremely confused and horrified at the same time, wondering why these men would do this. Its an issue that Alex still ponders to this day.

Alex made his way after that to Aspen, where he was taken in by some of the towns folk. They cared for him for about a week before asking him to find work in town, since he had to help pay for some of the care he was given. They asked him what he was good at, the only thing that came up was Land Navigation and Weapon Handling. They said to go talk to one of the caravans and offer your services as a guard. Alex did that and got a job at the caravan company, being paid per run in Arms,Armor, and Ammunition as well as food and water. He traveled all over, from settlements in Indiana to settlements in Nevada, he trecked all the way, somehow not dying in the process. While he was treking across the country he came across settlement after settlement and destroyed town after town. He found what he could from scavanging, but almost always used it up on the return trip to Aspen. He ussualy only made it back with 10 rounds and an empty backpack. This the job he has held up to this point, and intends to keep making ends meet in this desperete existance.

RP Examples:I was in the previous RP.
Last edited by Dubrovka on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -0.67
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.52
http://imgur.com/y7QRuGi
Pro: SPACCEEEEE, Enviornment, LGBT Rights(Or general equality), Pro-Choice, Basic Human Niceness, Increased funding to arts programs in schools
Anti: Racism, Homophobia, Shark Finning, killing for sport
If anyone needs to talk about something or vent or whatever would make you feel better, I am here, just TG me.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:04 am

First mini-wall of text up! Mostly just exposition. One of my more... detailed RP posts, I am rather proud of it.

So, Deramen, our characters are meeting up, correct?

And as for the theme, Kevin Sherwood's and Malukah's "Always Running" or "Where are we Going" are both pretty sad-sounding songs, and fit the apocalyptic theme quite well.
Last edited by The Wolven League on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:34 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:No Prob Brah! :)

Walls of text everywhere. Just note that I'm pretty sure electricity isn't an easy thing to come by and that Infected are rare to the point of being nonexistent, and one being in Aspen is unlikely as A) watchmen and B) most people nowadays have some sort of immunity. Just saying.

As for currency most simply barter. People in settlements probably offer services to one another. I give you beer and you build me a chair.

Alrighty then. I would say the bar would be one of the few places with electricity cause morale is fairly important. But Mary doesnt have a service to give so I'm gonna go for bottle caps for now. Also I wanted to make it seem like maybe it wasnt there. BUUT I dont think I gave a clue about that.
Last edited by Deramen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:38 am

Deramen wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Walls of text everywhere. Just note that I'm pretty sure electricity isn't an easy thing to come by and that Infected are rare to the point of being nonexistent, and one being in Aspen is unlikely as A) watchmen and B) most people nowadays have some sort of immunity. Just saying.

Alrighty then. I would say the bar would be one of the few places with electricity cause morale is fairly important. But Mary doesnt have a service to give so I'm gonna go for bottle caps for now. Also I wanted to make it seem like maybe it wasnt there. BUUT I dont think I gave a clue about that.

So, in other words, Mary is a delusional idiot.

sarcasm Great, I think our characters will get along quite well /sarcasm
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:44 am

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:Alrighty then. I would say the bar would be one of the few places with electricity cause morale is fairly important. But Mary doesnt have a service to give so I'm gonna go for bottle caps for now. Also I wanted to make it seem like maybe it wasnt there. BUUT I dont think I gave a clue about that.

So, in other words, Mary is a delusional idiot.

Well she is drunk! And when you are drunk shit can hit the fan!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:47 am

Deramen wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:So, in other words, Mary is a delusional idiot.

Well she is drunk! And when you are drunk shit can hit the fan!

Alright...

So how are our characters going to meet up?

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:53 am

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:Well she is drunk! And when you are drunk shit can hit the fan!

Alright...

Well My character went to sleep and had A nightmare, And probably went back to to the bar to forget or something.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:58 am

Deramen wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Alright...

Well My character went to sleep and had A nightmare, And probably went back to to the bar to forget or something.

Highly doubt Edward has ever been to the bar. I dunno, maybe the bar owner owes me something.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:01 am

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:Well My character went to sleep and had A nightmare, And probably went back to to the bar to forget or something.

Highly doubt Edward has ever been to the bar. I dunno, maybe the bar owner owes me something.

Who knows man. Who knows. OOH! I have it! Edward went to the bar to find a person for some reason but they aren't there.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 am

Beiarusia wrote:
The NAR wrote:>SNIP<[/b] N/A

Few things. I actually had future plans for the complex at Cheyenne Mountain, and living inside a bunker actually removes you from interacting with other people, which is what I'm trying to promote. Also, just a thought for all, not everyone who becomes infected becomes an Infected. Some can die of hemorrhagic fever. I would also like to distance ourselves from the Remnants and professional soldiers in general. Think of an alternative before I accept you.

You're seriously gonna make me do a whole nother app? Wtf
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 am

Deramen wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Highly doubt Edward has ever been to the bar. I dunno, maybe the bar owner owes me something.

Who knows man. Who knows. OOH! I have it! Edward went to the bar to find a person for some reason but they aren't there.

Sounds good to me.

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:10 am

The NAR wrote:You're seriously gonna make me do a whole nother app? Wtf

Bei's the OP of this thread. He has the right to refuse any application that is submitted to him. Besides, he wasn't going about it rude, and trust me, I've seen OPs turn people away in a much meaner fashion. It'd be nice if you showed him the same respect he showed you.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 am

The NAR wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Few things. I actually had future plans for the complex at Cheyenne Mountain, and living inside a bunker actually removes you from interacting with other people, which is what I'm trying to promote. Also, just a thought for all, not everyone who becomes infected becomes an Infected. Some can die of hemorrhagic fever. I would also like to distance ourselves from the Remnants and professional soldiers in general. Think of an alternative before I accept you.

You're seriously gonna make me do a whole nother app? Wtf

Brah...

Feroxi wrote:
The NAR wrote:You're seriously gonna make me do a whole nother app? Wtf

Bei's the OP of this thread. He has the right to refuse any application that is submitted to him. Besides, he wasn't going about it rude, and trust me, I've seen OPs turn people away in a much meaner fashion. It'd be nice if you showed him the same respect he showed you.

Thats True...
Last edited by Deramen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:18 am

Anyone want to meet up with Westley? He's currently eating soup, which I won't question the meat used for the broth. He has a bottle of whiskey to share.
Cheers mates.

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am

I got turned away from an rp once because the OP thought my name wasn't serious enough so asking for an alternative app really isn't bad
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am

Sarejo wrote:Anyone want to meet up with Westley? He's currently eating soup, which I won't question the meat used for the broth. He has a bottle of whiskey to share.

Well Mary was in the bar drinking...
So yea.

Partially Blind People wrote:I got turned away from an rp once because the OP thought my name wasn't serious enough so asking for an alternative app really isn't bad

Your Nation name?
Or character?
Last edited by Deramen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 am

Post is up, does it look good?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 am

Tayner wrote:Post is up, does it look good?

Not Bad I think. I like it.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 am

Deramen wrote:
Tayner wrote:Post is up, does it look good?

Not Bad I think. I like it.

Good. I finally got into the habit of writing big posts in the end of OITBREAK.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse