NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Tayner wrote:I'm not addicted to BaJa Blast. I can stop anytime I want.

But I searously wish they sold it year-round. That shits like my kryptonite. I'm literally sitting on my bed next to a twelve pack of it right now.

It's just ok, if you ask me. I'm not going to go out of my way to drink it.

Personally, I'm sipping a glass of V8 at the moment. I might make some Earl Grey later, but I rarely buy soda at the grocery store.

Mainly because I don't feel like spending the money on it when I get it free at work and at my parent's house.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I'm not addicted to BaJa Blast. I can stop anytime I want.

But I searously wish they sold it year-round. That shits like my kryptonite. I'm literally sitting on my bed next to a twelve pack of it right now.

It's just ok, if you ask me. I'm not going to go out of my way to drink it.

Personally, I'm sipping a glass of V8 at the moment. I might make some Earl Grey later, but I rarely buy soda at the grocery store.

Mainly because I don't feel like spending the money on it when I get it free at work and at my parent's house.

Yeah. I just get discounted guns and ammunition from my work. -_-

But BaJa blast is the only thing I will buy before Coke. Maybe occasionally some regular Mountain Dew, or maybe some store brand stuff if it's on sale.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:It's just ok, if you ask me. I'm not going to go out of my way to drink it.

Personally, I'm sipping a glass of V8 at the moment. I might make some Earl Grey later, but I rarely buy soda at the grocery store.

Mainly because I don't feel like spending the money on it when I get it free at work and at my parent's house.

Yeah. I just get discounted guns and ammunition from my work. -_-

But BaJa blast is the only thing I will buy before Coke. Maybe occasionally some regular Mountain Dew, or maybe some store brand stuff if it's on sale.

Benefits of working in a long-term care facility. They don't give a shit if the employees snag some iced tea here and there.

I try to only drink soda here and there. Most of the time, I end up drinking milk, water, or tea.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:03 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Yeah. I just get discounted guns and ammunition from my work. -_-

But BaJa blast is the only thing I will buy before Coke. Maybe occasionally some regular Mountain Dew, or maybe some store brand stuff if it's on sale.

Benefits of working in a long-term care facility. They don't give a shit if the employees snag some iced tea here and there.

I try to only drink soda here and there. Most of the time, I end up drinking milk, water, or tea.

I live in South Carolina. I have replaced my water intake with sweet tea.

No, searously, I rarely drink water, just soda, sweet tea, and maybe some other random beverages. The only time I drink milk is with cereal.

As you probably know by now, I'm not the healthiest guy out there. But at least I work off all my fat.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Benefits of working in a long-term care facility. They don't give a shit if the employees snag some iced tea here and there.

I try to only drink soda here and there. Most of the time, I end up drinking milk, water, or tea.

I live in South Carolina. I have replaced my water intake with sweet tea.

No, searously, I rarely drink water, just soda, sweet tea, and maybe some other random beverages. The only time I drink milk is with cereal.

As you probably know by now, I'm not the healthiest guy out there. But at least I work off all my fat.

See, living in the middle of a desert, you learn to drink water constantly. Whenever possible. All of it. All the time.

Otherwise, you're going to fucking die.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I live in South Carolina. I have replaced my water intake with sweet tea.

No, searously, I rarely drink water, just soda, sweet tea, and maybe some other random beverages. The only time I drink milk is with cereal.

As you probably know by now, I'm not the healthiest guy out there. But at least I work off all my fat.

See, living in the middle of a desert, you learn to drink water constantly. Whenever possible. All of it. All the time.

Otherwise, you're going to fucking die.


Thanks for the title idea for BoRTB, Gres ;)
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
New Grestin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Sarejo wrote:
New Grestin wrote:See, living in the middle of a desert, you learn to drink water constantly. Whenever possible. All of it. All the time.

Otherwise, you're going to fucking die.


Thanks for the title idea for BoRTB, Gres ;)

*tips hat*
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:11 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I live in South Carolina. I have replaced my water intake with sweet tea.

No, searously, I rarely drink water, just soda, sweet tea, and maybe some other random beverages. The only time I drink milk is with cereal.

As you probably know by now, I'm not the healthiest guy out there. But at least I work off all my fat.

See, living in the middle of a desert, you learn to drink water constantly. Whenever possible. All of it. All the time.

Otherwise, you're going to fucking die.

Thank god I live in the country.

I'll run a mile in dark blu-jeans and a black shirt, at 70% humidity, in July. I'll puke a few times, but I bet I can finish in less then ten minutes.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
True Refuge
Minister
 
Posts: 2607
Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby True Refuge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:12 pm

I hate all soft drinks :P I prefer a nice cappuccino.

Also, posted.
Last edited by True Refuge on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20034
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Bei, what do you think about the caravan being ambushed by psychotics? I have a post in mind.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 pm

True Refuge wrote:I hate all soft drinks :P I prefer a nice cappuccino.

Also, posted.

Im going to say Luke know you were there, because just being undetected and then walking out of the shadows just seems unrealistic.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
True Refuge
Minister
 
Posts: 2607
Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby True Refuge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Tayner wrote:
True Refuge wrote:I hate all soft drinks :P I prefer a nice cappuccino.

Also, posted.

Im going to say Luke know you were there, because just being undetected and then walking out of the shadows just seems unrealistic.


All right.

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3744
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:See, living in the middle of a desert, you learn to drink water constantly. Whenever possible. All of it. All the time.

Otherwise, you're going to fucking die.

Thank god I live in the country.

I'll run a mile in dark blu-jeans and a black shirt, at 70% humidity, in July. I'll puke a few times, but I bet I can finish in less then ten minutes.


Nothing like living in Massachusetts. It's either stupid hot with so much humidity you can drink the air or so cold your spit will freeze before it hits the ground.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Don't be offended if I swear way too much, that's just me


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Tayner wrote:Thank god I live in the country.

I'll run a mile in dark blu-jeans and a black shirt, at 70% humidity, in July. I'll puke a few times, but I bet I can finish in less then ten minutes.


Nothing like living in Massachusetts. It's either stupid hot with so much humidity you can drink the air or so cold your spit will freeze before it hits the ground.

So, identical to South Carolina?

It's 100°+ in the summers, and 20°- in the winters.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3744
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Tayner wrote:
Mizrad wrote:
Nothing like living in Massachusetts. It's either stupid hot with so much humidity you can drink the air or so cold your spit will freeze before it hits the ground.

So, identical to South Carolina?

It's 100°+ in the summers, and 20°- in the winters.


Heat probably isn't as bad as South Carolina's but it gets mad cold here.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Don't be offended if I swear way too much, that's just me


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20034
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Southern California doesn't have winter. We have "not summer".
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Southern California doesn't have winter. We have "not summer".

Yeah. I've actually considered moving to Texas to avoid the cold.

I fucking hate any temperature under 70°
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20034
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Tayner wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Southern California doesn't have winter. We have "not summer".

Yeah. I've actually considered moving to Texas to avoid the cold.

I fucking hate any temperature under 70°

I'd switch weather with you in an instant. The heat is unbearable.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD
Minister of World Assembly Affairs for The East Pacific

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7707
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Well, I'm gonna hit the rack y'all. I'm already gonna get less then six hours of sleep for a 9 hour work day, so yeah, fuck my life.
Last edited by Tayner on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own Discord Server now. Check it out. Or don't. Or do if you don't plan on it.

If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10595
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Wallenburg wrote:Bei, what do you think about the caravan being ambushed by psychotics? I have a post in mind.

Yeah that's fine.


Maverica wrote:>SNIP<

Keep in mind that the Outbreak occurred 27 years ago, so he would have been 12 when things went south.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3744
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Wallenburg wrote:
Tayner wrote:Yeah. I've actually considered moving to Texas to avoid the cold.

I fucking hate any temperature under 70°

I'd switch weather with you in an instant. The heat is unbearable.


I have no idea how anybody likes the heat. The cold may suck but at least it's escapable. If it's get hot you're just plain fucked.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Don't be offended if I swear way too much, that's just me


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10595
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:I'd switch weather with you in an instant. The heat is unbearable.


I have no idea how anybody likes the heat. The cold may suck but at least it's escapable. If it's get hot you're just plain fucked.

I kind of agree. I'd so much rather be cold than hot. At least when it's cold outside I can put a coat on.


Wallenburg wrote:>SNIP<

Hey, what direction are the Psychotics coming from?


Posted. It is now Day 95. I don't expect much to happen on this day so another time skip will happen in the near future.

EDIT: Roster and Timeline have been updated.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
True Refuge
Minister
 
Posts: 2607
Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby True Refuge » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:03 am

Also, Bei, the swords are in sheaths strapped to their belts, hidden under the Walking Men's coats.

User avatar
Laurvier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1020
Founded: May 07, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Laurvier » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:21 am

If I may, I think I would be a prefect fit for leading the remaining Remnant. Or at least claiming to be the Remnant. Still trying to come up with the diabolical scheme for them though.

Name: Vice-Admiral Keegan Gilroy "The Admiral"
Nation Name: Laurvier
Birthplace: Austin, TX
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age: 55
Pic/Description: 6'2", graying blonde hair, unattractive, lanky, glasses

Occupation: Remnant Commander

Immunity: None

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Intelligent, Polite, Refined, Fanatical, Violent
Skills: Survival Skills, Leadership, Electronics, Diving, Submarine Systems/Naval Warfare (not that it necessarily matters but he does have those skills given his past)
Likes: Order, Loyalty,
Dislikes: Weakness, Fickleness, Rudeness, Foul Language
Fears: Treachery,

Bio: Once the weapons officer of an Ohio-Class submarine, the USS Ascension. The outbreak 27 years ago had Keegan quickly departing port with a skeleton crew and acting commander. Ever loyal to the United States, he patrolled the seas in virtual radio blackout as was ordered. About a month after the Outbreak Keegan's crew made contact with a settlement in Boston protected by a fleet of ships that had broken away from the Remnant (in his mind, the true United States). Thus began a stand off where he was hell bent on destroying the Bostonions or forcing them to surrender even if it meant his own death and the death of all his crew. While Keegan was outnumbered, the Ascension, armed with a mix of land strike and anti-ship tomahawk cruise missiles, including 2 fitted with W8 tactical nuclear warheads, had enough firepower at his disposal. Eventually, the Bostonions yielded and surrender was brokered. After being stationed in Boston for a time to ensure Bostonian loyalty, he was sent out on another patrol. Keegan spent the years when the Remnant reigned helping conduct brutal cruise missile strikes to halt the spread of infection and often, against civilians that the Remnant command considered enemies. This involved even a few tactical nuclear strikes against settlements who would not bend to Remnant authority. Slowly he was promoted through the ranks to Vice-Admiral doing his best to serve the Remnant in a Navy that was quickly disintegrating through desertion and lack of resupply. Desperation led to even more vicious attacks from naval assets all ordered by Keegan. As time passed, the Remnant collapsed along with Keegan's purpose. He anchored the Ascension, fully stocked with a payload of cruise missiles at the bottom of a Lousiana coastal inlet.

Setting out with his crew from his boat, Keegan has since gathered more Remnant followers still loyal after the collapse. Over many years they did their best to survive and grow. Many of their number are the children of the Ascension's original crew and their families. Keegan's name, as the most infamous Remnant war criminal for his ruthless measures, is still remembered by those old enough. Although he has kept in hiding since the Remnant collapse rumored to be dead. He is known now only as "the Admiral". His mission and that of his followers, insane and deluded, is to reestablish the United States and to bring death to all those who they consider "traitors". Currently, his surviving band has settled in Colorado, splitting into a few separate cells to conduct various missions. He maintains contact with them through his secret hideout in the Colorado wilderness.

RP Examples: I was in the last one if you remember

Name: "Commander" Rachel Sasaki (As in she was promoted to the position long after the collapse of the Remnant by Keegan)
Nation Name: Laurvier
Birthplace: Seattle, WA
Ethnicity: Japanese/Caucasian
Age: 31
Pic/Description: 5'8", Slim, Athletic, Attractive, black hair cut short

Occupation: Remnant Cell Leader

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Loyal, Devoted, Cunning, Tenacious,
Skills: Survival Skills, Knife Fighting, Combat, Salvaging, Basic First Aid, Diving, Submarine Systems/Naval Warfare
Likes:
Dislikes:
Fears:

Bio: As the infection spread throughout the United States, Sasaki was evacuated living with her father, the XO of the USS Ascension aboard the submarine. It was common at the time as many of the crew had taken their families on for their safety. Raised with Gilroy's crew, she was groomed to eventually serve as an officer aboard the submarine due to the need of replacements and military personnel. Rachel was brought up learning Remnant dogma and becoming a naval officer from Gilroy and her father. Smart and quick to learn, at 13 she was already manning stations on the CIC. Such as a life was not meant to be as the crew eventually abandoned the Ascension after the Remnant collapse due to lack of supply. She went with Keegan and the survivors, salvaging what they could and moving from place to place until they went on the offensive. This meant gathering more Remnant loyalists and setting up cells. Like the others, Rachel had to learn how to live in the postapocalyptic world outside the safe confines of a submarine. In this she adapted well. Eventually becoming a trusted lieutenant in Keegan's circle. Currently she is leading a cell of 5 throughout Colorado with the mission of salvaging useful equipment and recruiting others to their cause.

RP Examples:
Last edited by Laurvier on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
The Wolven League
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5390
Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:13 am

Laurvier wrote:If I may, I think I would be a prefect fit for leading the remaining Remnant. Or at least claiming to be the Remnant. Still trying to come up with the diabolical scheme for them though.

Name: Vice-Admiral Keegan Gilroy "The Admiral"
Nation Name: Laurvier
Birthplace: Austin, TX
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age: 55
Pic/Description: 6'2", graying blonde hair, unattractive, lanky, glasses

Occupation: Remnant Commander

Immunity: None

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Intelligent, Polite, Refined, Fanatical, Violent
Skills: Survival Skills, Leadership, Electronics, Diving, Submarine Systems/Naval Warfare (not that it necessarily matters but he does have those skills given his past)
Likes: Order, Loyalty,
Dislikes: Weakness, Fickleness, Rudeness, Foul Language
Fears: Treachery,

Bio: Once the weapons officer of an Ohio-Class submarine, the USS Ascension. The outbreak 27 years ago had Keegan quickly departing port with a skeleton crew and acting commander. Ever loyal to the United States, he patrolled the seas in virtual radio blackout as was ordered. About a month after the Outbreak Keegan's crew made contact with a settlement in Boston protected by a fleet of ships that had broken away from the Remnant (in his mind, the true United States). Thus began a stand off where he was hell bent on destroying the Bostonions or forcing them to surrender even if it meant his own death and the death of all his crew. While Keegan was outnumbered, the Ascension, armed with a mix of land strike and anti-ship tomahawk cruise missiles, including 2 fitted with W8 tactical nuclear warheads, had enough firepower at his disposal. Eventually, the Bostonions yielded and surrender was brokered. After being stationed in Boston for a time to ensure Bostonian loyalty, he was sent out on another patrol. Keegan spent the years when the Remnant reigned helping conduct brutal cruise missile strikes to halt the spread of infection and often, against civilians that the Remnant command considered enemies. This involved even a few tactical nuclear strikes against settlements who would not bend to Remnant authority. Slowly he was promoted through the ranks to Vice-Admiral doing his best to serve the Remnant in a Navy that was quickly disintegrating through desertion and lack of resupply. Desperation led to even more vicious attacks from naval assets all ordered by Keegan. As time passed, the Remnant collapsed along with Keegan's purpose. He anchored the Ascension, fully stocked with a payload of cruise missiles at the bottom of a Lousiana coastal inlet.

Setting out with his crew from his boat, Keegan has since gathered more Remnant followers still loyal after the collapse. Over many years they did their best to survive and grow. Many of their number are the children of the Ascension's original crew and their families. Keegan's name, as the most infamous Remnant war criminal for his ruthless measures, is still remembered by those old enough. Although he has kept in hiding since the Remnant collapse rumored to be dead. He is known now only as "the Admiral". His mission and that of his followers, insane and deluded, is to reestablish the United States and to bring death to all those who they consider "traitors". Currently, his surviving band has settled in Colorado, splitting into a few separate cells to conduct various missions. He maintains contact with them through his secret hideout in the Colorado wilderness.

RP Examples: I was in the last one if you remember

Name: "Commander" Rachel Sasaki (As in she was promoted to the position long after the collapse of the Remnant by Keegan)
Nation Name: Laurvier
Birthplace: Seattle, WA
Ethnicity: Japanese/Caucasian
Age: 31
Pic/Description: 5'8", Slim, Athletic, Attractive, black hair cut short

Occupation: Remnant Cell Leader

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Loyal, Devoted, Cunning, Tenacious,
Skills: Survival Skills, Knife Fighting, Combat, Salvaging, Basic First Aid, Diving, Submarine Systems/Naval Warfare
Likes:
Dislikes:
Fears:

Bio: As the infection spread throughout the United States, Sasaki was evacuated living with her father, the XO of the USS Ascension aboard the submarine. It was common at the time as many of the crew had taken their families on for their safety. Raised with Gilroy's crew, she was groomed to eventually serve as an officer aboard the submarine due to the need of replacements and military personnel. Rachel was brought up learning Remnant dogma and becoming a naval officer from Gilroy and her father. Smart and quick to learn, at 13 she was already manning stations on the CIC. Such as a life was not meant to be as the crew eventually abandoned the Ascension after the Remnant collapse due to lack of supply. She went with Keegan and the survivors, salvaging what they could and moving from place to place until they went on the offensive. This meant gathering more Remnant loyalists and setting up cells. Like the others, Rachel had to learn how to live in the postapocalyptic world outside the safe confines of a submarine. In this she adapted well. Eventually becoming a trusted lieutenant in Keegan's circle. Currently she is leading a cell of 5 throughout Colorado with the mission of salvaging useful equipment and recruiting others to their cause.

RP Examples:

Firstly, no player can lead factions. Secondly, we don't even know it Remnant rump states are canon yet.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agarntrop, Ah-eh-ioh-uh, Alozia, Arlye Austros, Bortslovakia, Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi, Flarbinia, Rebels and Saints, Sanabel, Tarnislav, The New Fallen Jedi

Advertisement

Remove ads