NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 pm

SLATTSENW wrote:Name: Nikolai Palk
Nation Name: Slattsenw
Birthplace: Berlin, Germany
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Pic/Description: Light brown hair, combed to the right side. Average muscular tone. Always wearing a vintage black suit and bright red tie (White undershirt). Six foot. Always serious.

Immunity: None

Personality: Loves business. Always deals for the greater of his position. Corruption is the cure.

Skills: Strength, intelligence, and mischief.

Dislikes: Chaos, irritations, distractions, and ludicrous ideas.

Fears: A position in which Palk is low and unskilful. Feelings of disapproval, loneliness, helplessness, and fear itself.

Bio: Lived in Germany till he created ITC, Informational Technologies Corporation, then he moved to the China to grow is prized business. Succeeded in being featured in the "Top Fifty Men Under 40 Worth Over 1 Billion Dollars."

One this took place over twenty seven years after the worlds end, next beef up that bio. Two paragraphs.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:

Pic/Description: Light brown hair, combed to the right side. Average muscular tone. Always wearing a vintage black suit and bright red tie (White undershirt). Six foot. Always serious.

Personality: Loves business. Always deals for the greater of his position. Corruption is the cure.

Fears: A position in which Palk is low and unskilful. Feelings of disapproval, loneliness, helplessness, and fear itself.

Bio: Lived in Germany till he created ITC, Informational Technologies Corporation, then he moved to the China to grow is prized business. Succeeded in being featured in the "Top Fifty Men Under 40 Worth Over 1 Billion Dollars."

One this took place over twenty seven years after the worlds end, next beef up that bio. Two paragraphs.

I reaaaaaaalllly hope he gets denied, he seems like a terrible RP'er.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah, I hate to dogpile here, but there's a menagerie of problems with this app, the most problematic being the skimpy bio. What Wolven pointed out was also correct, but the lack of any substantial bio or RP experience lends me to say that this is Denied for the time being.

I'd be willing to forgive the lack of experience, but the bio is what really kills this for me.

EDIT: Wolven, I appreciate the sentiment, but please let myself, Terran or Bei handle this. I say that in the nicest way humanly possible.
Last edited by New Grestin on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:17 pm

New Grestin wrote:

Yeah, I hate to dogpile here, but there's a menagerie of problems with this app, the most problematic being the skimpy bio. What Wolven pointed out was also correct, but the lack of any substantial bio or RP experience lends me to say that this is Denied for the time being.

I'd be willing to forgive the lack of experience, but the bio is what really kills this for me.

EDIT: Wolven, I appreciate the sentiment, but please let myself, Terran or Bei handle this. I say that in the nicest way humanly possible.

Sorry. Should I delete it or just remove the caps. (I assume you mean the IC post?)
Last edited by The Wolven League on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:19 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Yeah, I hate to dogpile here, but there's a menagerie of problems with this app, the most problematic being the skimpy bio. What Wolven pointed out was also correct, but the lack of any substantial bio or RP experience lends me to say that this is Denied for the time being.

Sorry. Should I delete it or just remove the caps. (I assume you mean the IC post?)

Delete or if not possible redact
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:19 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Sorry. Should I delete it or just remove the caps>

Don't take that as me being mad or anything. I'm just trying to be as...diplomatic about this as possible.

Last thing we need is someone throwing a shit-fit in the OOC because he/she thinks everyone hates them.

Here's a gif, just to show I'm actually not upset at all.

Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:21 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Sorry. Should I delete it or just remove the caps. (I assume you mean the IC post?)

Sorry. I can't stand RP'ers who ignore the rules. I overreacted, sorry.

And I still don't know if you mean the IC or OOC post, Grestin. I deleted the IC one. (which was OOC, although just in the IC.)

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm

New Grestin wrote:

Don't take that as me being mad or anything. I'm just trying to be as...diplomatic about this as possible.

Last thing we need is someone throwing a shit-fit in the OOC because he/she thinks everyone hates them.

I like your style Grestin! :p
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm

New Grestin wrote:

....and that gif is most coincidental, considering I started playing a Fallout game (3) for the first time today.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:23 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Don't take that as me being mad or anything. I'm just trying to be as...diplomatic about this as possible.

....and that gif is most coincidental, considering I started playing a Fallout game (3) for the first time today.

And I got New Vegas a few days ago...
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:23 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Don't take that as me being mad or anything. I'm just trying to be as...diplomatic about this as possible.

Do you have all the DLC's?

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Deramen wrote:

I like your style Grestin! :p

I'm certainly much more... aggressive when dealing with things like this.

Yet in video games I usually go the diplomatic path.

I am evil/good bipolar.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

The Wolven League wrote:

Sorry. I can't stand RP'ers who ignore the rules. I overreacted, sorry.

And I still don't know if you mean the IC or OOC post, Grestin. I deleted the IC one. (which was OOC, although just in the IC.)

I was talking about the IC one, to elaborate.

Like I said, just trying to be diplomatic. I'd rather him improve the application and give it another shot than have a temper tantrum and just leave.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

The Wolven League wrote:....and that gif is most coincidental, considering I started playing a Fallout game (3) for the first time today.

Duh. Not getting GOTY this far after release is silly. I got the GOTY for 12 bucks.

Thanks, Gamestop.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Sorry. I can't stand RP'ers who ignore the rules. I overreacted, sorry.

I was talking about the IC one, to elaborate.

Like I said, just trying to be diplomatic. I'd rather him improve the application and give it another shot than have a temper tantrum and just leave.

My only concern with him being accepted is that he truly seems like a terrible roleplayer, from his first post.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 pm

The Wolven League wrote:

Duh. Not getting GOTY this far after release is silly. I got the GOTY for 12 bucks.

Thanks, Gamestop.

Fuck yeah! My [INSERT RACIAL SLUR]. Did the same thing.

Fallout 3 kicked ass. Fallout: NV was even better.

Oh, right, and posted.

The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I was talking about the IC one, to elaborate.

My only concern with him being accepted is that he truly seems like a terrible roleplayer, from his first post.

It's all good in the hood. Like I said, I'm willing to let it slide seeing as how he's only got 10 posts to his name. If he improves the application and tries again, I'd be more willing to let him give it a shot.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:28 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Duh. Not getting GOTY this far after release is silly. I got the GOTY for 12 bucks.

Thanks, Gamestop.

Oh, right, and posted.

The Wolven League wrote:My only concern with him being accepted is that he truly seems like a terrible roleplayer, from his first post.

It's all good in the hood. Like I said, I'm willing to let it slide seeing as how he's only got 10 posts to his name. If he improves the application and tries again, I'd be more willing to let him give it a shot.

Grestin, I only put Lucas in jail. The other guy is free :P

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:29 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Fuck yeah! My [INSERT RACIAL SLUR]. Did the same thing.

Oh, right, and posted.

Luke. Also, fuck me sideways. Damnit. Other angry words.

I'll edit. Actually, why wouldn't they both be in jail? Fuck, Foley was the one that pulled a gun. I feel that would constitute at least a night in the drunk tank.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:29 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Duh. Not getting GOTY this far after release is silly. I got the GOTY for 12 bucks.

Thanks, Gamestop.

Oh, right, and posted.

The Wolven League wrote:My only concern with him being accepted is that he truly seems like a terrible roleplayer, from his first post.

I had to choose between Fallout: 3 and Fallout: NV and I whole hardily went for NV.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Grestin, I only put Lucas in jail. The other guy is free :P

Luke. Also, fuck me sideways. Damnit. Other angry words.

I'll edit. Actually, why wouldn't they both be in jail? Fuck, Foley was the one that pulled a gun. I feel that would constitute at least a night in the drunk tank.

Edward thought Luke started it.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

The Wolven League wrote:....and that gif is most coincidental, considering I started playing a Fallout game (3) for the first time today.

Go to anchorage and then mothership zeta. You will be unstoppable.
The Wolven League wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Fuck yeah! My [INSERT RACIAL SLUR]. Did the same thing.

Oh, right, and posted.

I'll go along with this, could be fun. Give me a bit need to recharge the old RP reserves.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Go to anchorage and then mothership zeta. You will be unstoppable.
The Wolven League wrote:Grestin, I only put Lucas in jail. The other guy is free :P

I'll go along with this, could be fun. Give me a bit need to recharge the old RP reserves.

Your guy is free. Sounds like you are talking about being in jail...
Last edited by The Wolven League on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Deramen wrote:I had to choose between Fallout: 3 and Fallout: NV and I whole hardily went for NV.

Fallout 3 is by no means bad, in fact, I played it well before New Vegas. I still prefer certain parts of Fallout 3.

Iron sights, for example, can blow it out their ass.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:32 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Edward thought Luke started it.

If Terran wants to roll with it, I don't see why not.

Besides, indiscriminate frontier justice is cool and stuff.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Just caught up with the IC.

While I work on my intro, were any of the arrested (Deramen's Mary in the earlier fight or Tayner's Luke just now) or PC's present hurt in either brawl? Might give my character, as one of the towns more certified M.D.'s, a reason to show up on scene and start interacting.
Last edited by TriStates on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse