NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Deramen wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Mary-person, new post is up. Lots of exposition, but it does get to you... eventually.

Oh, and Edward brought his hairless cat with him to the jail. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Mary-Person?
Just-Just say Dera please.

Sorry, forgot your name ;P
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:21 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:Mary-Person?
Just-Just say Dera please.

Sorry, forgot your name ;P

Read it and weep!
;}
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Deramen wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Sorry, forgot your name ;P

Read it and weep!
;}

Another post is up, this time quite.... short.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:47 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:Read it and weep!
;}

Another post is up, this time quite.... short.

Im making a long one to compensate.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Name: Alex Lhomme
Nation Name:Aelex
Birthplace:Lyon, France
Ethnicity:White
Pic/Description: Alex was surnamed when he was young "l'asperge" (the asparagus) because of his height (almost 1m96) and skinniness, both of this traits intensifying because of the roughness of the life in this post-apocalyptic world. The light tan of his skin had been swapped to a pale close to white since of his infection which emphasize his eyes of a difficulty nameable color situated between the green and the blue. He had abandoned since a long time the very idea of cutting his curvy hair which made him look like a greek shepherd but he was still shaving his beard from time to time to avoid that the light stubble growing near his mouth became a literal forest.

Occupation:Once an exchange student in a university of medicine, the life gave him more practical knowledge in the medical field than studying could ever had. He usually don't like to be part of group but is sometime willing to offer them his service in exchange of decent remuneration.

Immunity: Gifted

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Before the outbreak, he appeared to most the people who knew him as a calm and polite man but this was only a façade he made because of his introspection. With the few real friends he counted, his behavior was totally different. Light-hearted, mischievous and in general quite overly demonstrating, he was in no way the conform to what people thought of him. Sadly, because of this job; he was one of the first to be touched by it and saw all the people he knew here die. Completely alone and witnessing powerless the eventual death of the people he met after the apocalypse, he slowly began to withdraw into himself to the point that what was only a façade slowly began to become his normal comportment. Cunning, calm and manipulative he's now the very archetype of the "coldhearted son of a bitch" who don't value any life other than it's own and who pushed the machiavelism (in it's literal sense) to it's borders.
Skills:His calm and allure as well as a subtle french accent he never managed to loose give him an undeniable charm which he's able to exploit along with a certain oratory skill to sweet talk his way out of most of his problems. He tittle himself as a doctor though he never actually had the time to finish his study but compensate his lack of theoretical understanding by practical skill he learned through his experience. He also practiced escrime, thought not at a professional level, which gave him a certain advantage at this time ammunition are running low and more and more people are using bladed weapon.
Likes:Reading, women (though he isn't a womanizer), his patrie, feeling that he is needed, the Fire.
Dislikes:Anything which fly from the little bugs to the big birds (with the exception of the crows), the fucking zombies, people who are disrespectful of him, the military.
Fears:Being powerless, loosing the control, the Fire.

Bio: Alex was born in France and lived here for most of it's life. He had a little above the middle-level result during most of his scholarship and was eventually accepted in the Université de Médicine et Pharmacologie de Lyon. He barely managed to pass the exams of first and second year but was still accepted to an exchange student program he applied to.
He wanted to go study abroad in Irland but his results made him be in the last one to chose where they could go, giving him only two possibility, to go either to the U.S or Germany. Not really happy of it, he still chose the first thinking that though it wasn't a contry he liked, it would still be a valuable experience and that, at worst, he would live here only six month.
However, despite his rather defeatist stance, he eventually found himself quite good here and renewed his stage to another six months. He then met Anna, a girl who attended the same class as him and who he started dating.
And as the 6 month passed again, he renewed his stage a second time; seeing no reason to leave when everything was doing just fine. Without even understanding it, his whole life was now in the U.S as he only went back to France from time to time to pass the holyday in family then to present his girl-friend to them. As the time remaining was running low and that it was impossible to prolongate the stage a third time, he eventually chose to be transferred officially to the university he was studying in the U.S.

He then continued to study in America, living happily when, surpassing his fear, he managed to propose to Anna which she accepted. Everything was doing just fine and the betrothed had even fixed a date for the weeding when It happened. Being both in the first line as they were working in the hospital as extern; they were among the first casualty being both bitten by the same men they tried to contain. Both were then confined in a quarantine room with the other patient. Being particularly receptive to the strain he fall into a form of coma only to wake up as the military were executing methodically the already transformed among who he saw the corpse of his bride.

Reacting as anybody else would have reacted in this situation, he almost got shot by the military who eventually "only" beated him up before conducting his once again unconscious body to a camp were survivor were gathered. As the situation predictably ended, he barely managed to get out of the camp without being eaten by infected.
He then lived alone, avoiding the groups as much as he could but sometime joining them when he thought it was needed before leaving them when he felt they were being a weight for him.

RP Examples: Some exemples of the R.P I participed in.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Aelex wrote:Name: Alex Lhomme
Pic/Description: Alex was surnamed when he was young "l'asperge" (the asparagus) because of his height (almost 1m96) and skinniness, both of this traits intensifying because of the roughness of the life in this post-apocalyptic world. The light tan of his skin had been swapped to a pale close to white since of his infection which emphasize his eyes of a difficulty nameable color situated between the green and the blue. He had abandoned since a long time the very idea of cutting his curvy hair which made him look like a greek shepherd but he was still shaving his beard from time to time to avoid that the light stubble growing near his mouth became a literal forest.

Occupation:Once an exchange student in a university of medicine, the life gave him more practical knowledge in the medical field than studying could ever had. He usually don't like to be part of group but is sometime willing to offer them his service in exchange of decent remuneration.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Before the outbreak, he appeared to most the people who knew him as a calm and polite man but this was only a façade he made because of his introspection. With the few real friends he counted, his behavior was totally different. Light-hearted, mischievous and in general quite overly demonstrating, he was in no way the conform to what people thought of him. Sadly, because of this job; he was one of the first to be touched by it and saw all the people he knew here die. Completely alone and witnessing powerless the eventual death of the people he met after the apocalypse, he slowly began to withdraw into himself to the point that what was only a façade slowly began to become his normal comportment. Cunning, calm and manipulative he's now the very archetype of the "coldhearted son of a bitch" who don't value any life other than it's own and who pushed the machiavelism (in it's literal sense) to it's borders.
Skills:His calm and allure as well as a subtle french accent he never managed to loose give him an undeniable charm which he's able to exploit along with a certain oratory skill to sweet talk his way out of most of his problems. He tittle himself as a doctor though he never actually had the time to finish his study but compensate his lack of theoretical understanding by practical skill he learned through his experience. He also practiced escrime, thought not at a professional level, which gave him a certain advantage at this time ammunition are running low and more and more people are using bladed weapon.
Likes:Reading, women (though he isn't a womanizer), his patrie, feeling that he is needed, the Fire.
Dislikes:Anything which fly from the little bugs to the big birds (with the exception of the crows), the fucking zombies, people who are disrespectful of him, the military.

Bio: Alex was born in France and lived here for most of it's life. He had a little above the middle-level result during most of his scholarship and was eventually accepted in the Université de Médicine et Pharmacologie de Lyon. He barely managed to pass the exams of first and second year but was still accepted to an exchange student program he applied to.
He wanted to go study abroad in Irland but his results made him be in the last one to chose where they could go, giving him only two possibility, to go either to the U.S or Germany. Not really happy of it, he still chose the first thinking that though it wasn't a contry he liked, it would still be a valuable experience and that, at worst, he would live here only six month.
However, despite his rather defeatist stance, he eventually found himself quite good here and renewed his stage to another six months. He then met Anna, a girl who attended the same class as him and who he started dating.
And as the 6 month passed again, he renewed his stage a second time; seeing no reason to leave when everything was doing just fine. Without even understanding it, his whole life was now in the U.S as he only went back to France from time to time to pass the holyday in family then to present his girl-friend to them. As the time remaining was running low and that it was impossible to prolongate the stage a third time, he eventually chose to be transferred officially to the university he was studying in the U.S.

He then continued to study in America, living happily when, surpassing his fear, he managed to propose to Anna which she accepted. Everything was doing just fine and the betrothed had even fixed a date for the weeding when It happened. Being both in the first line as they were working in the hospital as extern; they were among the first casualty being both bitten by the same men they tried to contain. Both were then confined in a quarantine room with the other patient. Being particularly receptive to the strain he fall into a form of coma only to wake up as the military were executing methodically the already transformed among who he saw the corpse of his bride.

Reacting as anybody else would have reacted in this situation, he almost got shot by the military who eventually "only" beated him up before conducting his once again unconscious body to a camp were survivor were gathered. As the situation predictably ended, he barely managed to get out of the camp without being eaten by infected.
He then lived alone, avoiding the groups as much as he could but sometime joining them when he thought it was needed before leaving them when he felt they were being a weight for him.

Glad to see you here, friend.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:01 pm

(OPTIONAL)

The outbreak happened 27 years ago. Your guy would be born after the apocalypse started.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Tayner wrote:

(OPTIONAL)

The outbreak happened 27 years ago. Your guy would be born after the apocalypse started.

Exactly what I was thinking...
Cheers mates.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:03 pm

(OPTIONAL)

Beated? BEATED?
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Tayner wrote:

(OPTIONAL)

DAMMIT TAYNER YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH!
Man I love delivering bad news... :p
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:08 pm

(OPTIONAL)

he would have to be a lot older for your Bio to make since.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:13 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:

(OPTIONAL)

he would have to be a lot older for your Bio to make since.

Yeah, assuming he was about 20-21, which is the average age for someone studying in college, he would have to be, at minimum, 47 or 48 years old.
Cheers mates.

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Name: Bruce Thorn
Nation Name: Sveltlana
Birthplace: Amarillo
Ethnicity: White
Pic/Description: Lean but tough build, 1.83m. Chestnut hair and blue eyes. Straight features somewhat covered by a short and coarse beard. Thin cheekbones, small eyes.

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Realistic (as in, applying the teachings of realpolitik to his life), somewhat arrogant.
Skills: Shooting, Cooking
Likes: His trusty sidearm (a colt revolver), fellow Texans, traders
Dislikes: The Infected, Spiders, Cold coffee, Warm beer
Fears: None immediately apparent.

Name: Kate Thorn
Pic/Description: Lean but tough build at 1.78m. Chestnut hair and blue eyes.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Outspoken and charismatic.
Skills: Persuasion, First aid
Dislikes: The Infected, greedy traders, Bruce's arrogance
Fears: Those undead that remain all too human.

Bio: The Twins were born in Amarillo, Texas, to an industrious and well-off middle-class family shortly before the eruption of the plague. For nearly 3 years, the city survived under the powerful mantle of the Remnants and the former United States Military, but subsequently joined the Republic of Texas three days after it was formed. The family won a reasonable living by running a large farm on the outskirts of the city, selling off grain at ever-increasing prices not only to their fellow Texans, but also to passing traders on their way to Denver and Albuquerque.

Their father, Bruce Sr., joined the militias to defend Texas — this after the threat of the infected rose after the fall of The Remnants. They were sixteen. After six months in service, he was found missing in action after fighting erupted in the border with Louisiana. Because of their full resistance to the T-13 virus, the Twins firmly believe that their father was not infected — rather, he must have either been the victim of an incident or suffered horrific death in the face of the infected. In any case, the family received a pension from the government, but never saw the man again.

When the two were twenty, bandits assaulted and pillaged the farm — yes, it unfortunately lay in the western frontier of the Republic. Their mother was summarily executed by the bandits, but the two of them were granted their lives by being pressed into slavery. When the bandits encountered a rival band, the twins seized the moment and escaped their captors with a couple of other prisoners. The two hiked fifty kilometers in a day, surviving with stolen and foraged provisions. By then, they were in the uncharted midst of Colorado, a desolate, barren land. Knowing that to the East and South the land was teeming with bandits, making any attempt of return to Texas hazardous, and to the West lay the mighty Rocky Mountains, the Two traveled North until they were in Canon City.

From there, the twins followed a group of travelling tradesmen. The tradesmen offered to take them to Aspen, reputedly a safe haven, in exchange for Bruce's revolver ammunition. The town was bustling compared to desolate swathes of land they had left behind. Still, the two took the opportunity to settle in one of the larger wooden cabins at the center of town. Kate refurbished the cabin as a small shop, the Thorn General Trader, and soon the two began bartering with traders, scavengers and natives alike.

That was five years ago. Since then, the General Trader has became a staple location of the small town, and a necessary stop for any traders travelling through Aspen.

RP Examples: Will send via TG.
Last edited by Sveltlana on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Sveltlana wrote:Name: Bruce Thorn
Pic/Description: Lean but tough build, 1.83m. Chestnut hair and blue eyes. Straight features somewhat covered by a short and coarse beard. Thin cheekbones, small eyes.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Realistic (as in, applying the teachings of realpolitik to his life), somewhat arrogant.
Skills: Shooting, Cooking
Likes: His trusty sidearm (a colt revolver), fellow Texans, traders
Dislikes: The Infected, Spiders, Cold coffee, Warm beer
Fears: None immediately apparent.

Name: Kate Thorn
Pic/Description: Lean but tough build at 1.78m. Chestnut hair and blue eyes.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Outspoken and charismatic.
Skills: Persuasion, First aid
Dislikes: The Infected, greedy traders, Bruce's arrogance
Fears: Those undead that remain all too human.

Bio: The Twins were born in Amarillo, Texas, to an industrious and well-off middle-class family shortly before the eruption of the plague. For nearly 3 years, the city survived under the powerful mantle of the Remnants and the former United States Military, but subsequently joined the Republic of Texas three days after it was formed. The family won a reasonable living by running a large farm on the outskirts of the city, selling off grain at ever-increasing prices not only to their fellow Texans, but also to passing traders on their way to Denver and Albuquerque.

Their father, Bruce Sr., joined the militias to defend Texas when they were sixteen once the threat of the infected rose exponentially after the fall of The Remnants. After six months in service, he was found missing in action after fighting erupted in the border with Louisiana. Because of their full resistance to the T-13 virus, the Twins firmly believe that their father was not infected — rather, he must have either been the victim of an incident or suffered horrific death in the face of the infected. In any case, the family received a pension from the government, but never saw the man again.

When the two were twenty, bandits assaulted and pillaged the farm, which, unfortunately, lay in the western frontier of the Republic. Their mother was summarily executed by the bandits, but the two of them were granted their lives by being pressed into slavery. When the bandits encountered a rival band, the twins seized the moment along with other prisoners and escaped from their captors. The two hiked fifty kilometers in a day, surviving with stolen and foraged provisions. By then, they were in the uncharted midst of Colorado, a desolate, barren land. Knowing that to the East and South the land was teeming with bandits, making any attempt of return to Texas hazardous, and to the West lay the mighty Rocky Mountains, the Two traveled North until they were in Canon City.

From there, the twins followed a group of travelling tradesmen which offered to take them to Aspen, a safe heaven, in exchange for Bruce's revolver ammunition. The town was nearly desolate, but the two took the opportunity to settle in one of the larger wooden cabins in the centre of town. The cabin was refurbished as a small shop, the Thorn General Trader, and soon the two began bartering with traders, scavengers and natives alike.

The General Trader rapidly became a staple location of the small town, and a necessary stop for any traders travelling through Aspen. Aspen continued to grow slightly over time until the present. Now, 47 individuals call the cold village their home.

RP Examples: Will send via TG.

I see no problem here.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Hey wolven, glad to see you here! ^^
And, sorry sarajevo, I wasn't sure of how much time exactly has passed and I planned to ask it but I just saw that it was 27 seven year so I will correct my character's age as soon as I can get my pc because I'm currently on my portable who simply don't support that much text to simply load which is also the reason I can't quote to respond.
Also, a little question for the O.P, would pyrokinesy (not as cracked as Charlie in firestarter but in the same way) be possible for gifted infected?
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Empire of the Rising Moon
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Name: Hunter Kai Ozyspitz
Nation Name: Empire of the Rising Moon (ERM is the proper abbreviation)
Birthplace: White Horse, Canada
Ethnicity: white
Pic/Description: A average height man who is about average build. He has scars covering his body from his many encounters during the twenty seven years he had to fight for survival. He has a whitening beard and white hair. His hands are rough and covered in small burns and cuts from encounters and from tinkering with stuff that he really shouldn't have been. Has blue eyes with a tint of yellow around his pupil. He wears a thick white fur jacket along with a fur cloak. He wears a pair of old, wore down jeans that have patches from various rags. He also has an old welding mask that shows it's age but still works. Think of a fit elderly man.

Occupation: Before outbreak, A mechanic and worked as a tinkerer as a hobby. Now: None, he scavenges and hunts what he can, and makes use of anything that he can.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: I just wrote a long Bio so no.
Skills: Fixing stuff, improvising stuff, making stuff, hunting and preserving skills, fishing, leather working and sewing.
Likes: Working with his hands, hunting, inventing, fixing stuff, fishing
Dislikes: Overly complicated things, infected, waiting for people, dogs
Fears: Has a fear of big dogs due to him being attacked by one shortly after the outbreak happened, and almost getting killed by a pack a few years back that had killed his best friend. He also fears of losing people who he is charged to protect, as he had lost his family at the beginning of the outbreak, and his best friend a few years back due to his negligence to check a barricade they had made which broke, letting a pack of feral dogs come in and kill his best friend.

Bio:
Shortly before the outbreak happened, Hunter and an old friend of his, Zack, had been stocking up and making a shelter for a "What If?" scenario. They just did it for fun and as a way to waste some money as they joked about what they would need, what skills they would have to have and what they would do for almost any situation possible. They had liked the idea of a zombie apocalypse or nuclear fallout so they had their "shelter" fitted with basically anything they would need for about fifteen years of survival. Hunter even built himself what he called the "All terrain, long distance, tracked hauler" or as he called it, "ATTH" It worked quite well in their test runs of it up in the mountains during winter. However little did they know that they would need everything that they had used.

Shortly after the outbreak began he lost his girlfriend as well as his parents in a raid against their house while Hunter was preparing the last of the things they wanted to bring to their shelter. Hunter managed to survive as he was armed with his hunting rifle when they came in through his bedroom door where he killed them stone dead. He lost most of his will to survive and was contemplating suicide when Zack came to his house where he found a scene that was like a nightmare. Zack grabbed Hunter and rushed him over to the shelter where he would help Hunter recover from his depression that would last for over five years.

After the temperature dropped ten degrees, which was over a decade since they had taken shelter, they were forced to start looking for sustainable ways to live in this new environment as their greenhouse was not going to be able to produce enough food for the two to survive when the remaining five years of supplies runs out. Thankfully they found plenty of game that had moved south from the tundra that was searching for new food sources. They were able to learn how to survive off of the animals, however this was about the time they started to heavily barricade their perimeter due to increased sightings of wolfs, and each time they looked more desperate.

At around 15 years after the outbreak, they ran out of fuel to use for the ATTH, leading them to have to walk whenever they went out on excursions. It also left them more vulnerable and unable to bring back as much supplies that they used too. It was also around this time that Zack started to catch a nasty fever that forced Hunter to go out more often and lead to him also spending more time fortifying their shelter by using his makeshift welder to weld metal plates to the chain link fences and any weak spots in their compound. Their shelter which looked like an small warehouse some fifteen years ago now looked like a fortress. They also were running low on supplies from before the outbreak and caused them to become completely self reliant by relying on their greenhouse and hunting.

At around 19 years after the outbreak, Hunter had started to neglect checking for damage in the barricades as he spent more and more time out ice fishing and on day long excursions. Zach and Hunter had settled into a routine of leaving the compound where they would return to the compound every Sunday so that they can talk about what had to be done in the week and just relax. It was a fairly easy life living like that, but even they suffered sometimes if the animals went elsewhere or if they had a bad batch of plants in the greenhouse. They also were running low on stuff that they could salvage from the area, forcing them to leave for longer stretches of time.

At around 23 years after the outbreak, Zach died. He died due to the neglect of checking for damage as Hunter missed the gap that was growing bigger due to wear and tear from wild animals trying to get in at night. This all accumulated to the point where on one Sunday when Zach and Hunter were discussing what should be done in the following week, where they even mentioned that they should give the compound a good once over, as well as what should happen should one of them die, as they were starting to become old men. They decided that living up at the compound would be doable, but would be extremely tough as the more aggressive animals had recently become feral and had been attacking the compounds defenses more and more in recently. It was when they finished talking about what they would do should they die that a large feral wolf broke through into their shelter and started to attack them. The wolf lunged at Zach, catching him off guard and bringing him to the ground. Hunter went to grab the gun and shot the wolf, however Zach was bleeding heavily and would die in the following week from infection.

Not wanting to stay around with all his memories of his friend that were made over the last twenty years, he decided to fix up the compound and cremated Zach's corpse. He put up a small cross inside the compound as well as left his diery that he had kept along with a notebook which he labeled "Important: How to survive in this compound" and wrote extensively what one should do to be able to live in this fortress like compound should anyone find it. He wrote on the first few pages why he was leaving and why he made the book as well as where to pay respects to Zach, as well as him. Hunter knew that he would likely die in the following years and even mentioned it in the notes. The personalized pages were ended with "May you and if you have a family, they, live peacefully in our fortress" He then gathered everything he would need for his long journey that he had planned with Zach in his last hours and gave a prayer to Zach as he locked up the compound. He wrote instructions with his torch how to get into the now locked up compound and put the torch back into the compound as those who come after him will need it.

Hunter then spent the next four years traveling south, hunting, gathering, and whenever he found someone who was friendly helped them. Hunter had no destination as he was surviving just as much as he was running. He ended each day by praying to Zach, and asked him to watch over him and that he will likely join him soon. He eventually ended up a little ways away from Aspen. He had heard about Aspen from some traders that he met a few weeks back and decided he would settle down for a little while before he started heading south again.
RP Examples: You know me. However just in case, Are We Evolving?
Well I do all sorts of RP's, mainly PT and FT, although by cannon my nation is PT mixed with FanT
Billy May's Here! And this is ERM, 100% guaranteed or your money back!

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Name: Michael Richard Gavin
Nation Name: The NAR
Birthplace: Denver, Colorado
Ethnicity: American, with German Descent
Pic/Description:

Occupation: Survivor, Traveller & Trader, Volunteers for Security Guard and co-owns the Trading Post (Will explain in Bio)

Immunity: Full Immunity

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Kind and Generous, brave and loyal, dedicated and warm
Skills: Very charismatic, good at trading, but also a very capable fighter, both with guns, melee weapons, and his fists.
Likes: Elysium, Safety, protecting his fellow survivors, trade, music, Christianity
Dislikes: Infected, Raiders, Reavers.
Fears: Death, losing Elysium

Bio:

Michael Gavin was born in a Atlas Facility's Containment Bunker located just outside of Denver. His mother, a Biologist and employee of Atlas and his father, a Marine, were among the 50 people who managed to seal themselves away when the Infection consumed the rest of mankind. The bunker, known today as the "the Vault", was a state of the art lab facility, designed to protect the facility's Personnel in the event that it was required. When the infection broke out in Denver, U.S. Military from the area retreated to the Atlas Facility and planned to hold out. Within a few weeks, supplies began to run out, and the civilians and soldiers found greedily fought for the last ounce of supplies. About three weeks after the fall of Denver, U.S. Military, now under the command of the Remnants, began to attack civilians who didn't obey. A civil war broke out, and blood was spilled.

In the chaos, the Infected and Reavers caught on, and would strike the Facility while it was weak and exposed. In only a few minutes, the defenses were overrun, and the facility was compromised. A few quick-thinking soldiers, led by Richard Gavin, Michael's father, set up barricades and defensive positions inside the building, intent on buying time for the Scientists and Civilians. Wave upon wave of Infected clashed with the Remnant Soldiers, and they were held off just long enough for the civilians to move supplies into the Containment Bunker. Only a few Soldiers made it to the Bunker... The rest, including Michael's father Richard, were killed.

Michael was born a week later. He managed to have a stable beginning, for the Bunker always had power and small farms grew food for the inhabitants. Things were peaceful for a while, until the Geothermal Power Generator failed when Michael was 7. Due to this, the Nuclear Generator was pushed into overdrive, which would eventually cause it to meltdown and likely explode. Engineer's tried but couldn't figure out a way to fix it, so the only option was to leave. Though, some were stubborn and wanted to stay, fearing the outside world. They prevented the others from leaving with ignorance, and the frightened Separatists resisted. In a short but brutal civil war, more than half of the Bunker's inhabitants were slaughtered. The Separatists, who'd won, packed everything they could carry; from guns, to medicine, to food and everything in between.

The Separatists wandered for about a month, losing some people in the process. One person who died was Michael's Mother, Jane. An Ex-Soldier, Larry King, accepted Michael as his own, and would lead him and the others into Aspen. The Separatists would enter the city from beneath, using the train tracks to maneuver the city without much threat. Eventually, they settled in the Old, abandoned metro tunnels.

It was called Elysium. Heavily guarded with effective defenses, Elysium became the haven for survivor. As the population grew, official government was needed, which led to the creation of the Elysium Security Council, which made the rules and controlled the Security Force. Under the firm leadership of the E.S.C., Elysium blossomed into a massive trade center, and became a beacon of hope for Denver. Elysium is home to approximately 80 people, and has some of the best the Post-Outbreak America has to offer.

Michael stuck with Elysium through it all. Every Infected horde, every Raider attack, every riot and every time of doubt. Because of his loyalty and dedication, Michael has earned a seat on.The Elysium Security Council, and also serves as a Guard and co-owner to the Elysium Trading Post, which has connections all over Colorado.

RP Examples: Hopefully I shouldn't have to
Last edited by The NAR on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:47 pm

The NAR wrote:Name: Michael Richard Gavin
Pic/Description:

Occupation: Survivor, Traveller & Trader, Volunteers for Security Guard and co-owns the Trading Post (Will explain in Bio)

(OPTIONAL)
Skills: Very charismatic, good at trading, but also a very capable fighter, both with guns, melee weapons, and his fists.
Likes: Elysium, Safety, protecting his fellow survivors, trade, music, Christianity

Bio:

Michael Gavin was born in a Atlas Facility's Containment Bunker located just outside of Denver. His mother, a Biologist and employee of Atlas and his father, a Marine, were among the 50 people who managed to seal themselves away when the Infection consumed the rest of mankind. The bunker, known today as the "the Vault", was a state of the art lab facility, designed to protect the facility's Personnel in the event that it was required. When the infection broke out in Denver, U.S. Military from the area retreated to the Atlas Facility and planned to hold out. Within a few weeks, supplies began to run out, and the civilians and soldiers found greedily fought for the last ounce of supplies. About three weeks after the fall of Denver, U.S. Military, now under the command of the Remnants, began to attack civilians who didn't obey. A civil war broke out, and blood was spilled.

In the chaos, the Infected and Reavers caught on, and would strike the Facility while it was weak and exposed. In only a few minutes, the defenses were overrun, and the facility was compromised. A few quick-thinking soldiers, led by Richard Gavin, Michael's father, set up barricades and defensive positions inside the building, intent on buying time for the Scientists and Civilians. Wave upon wave of Infected clashed with the Remnant Soldiers, and they were held off just long enough for the civilians to move supplies into the Containment Bunker. Only a few Soldiers made it to the Bunker... The rest, including Michael's father Richard, were killed.

Michael was born a week later. He managed to have a stable beginning, for the Bunker always had power and small farms grew food for the inhabitants. Things were peaceful for a while, until the Geothermal Power Generator failed when Michael was 7. Due to this, the Nuclear Generator was pushed into overdrive, which would eventually cause it to meltdown and likely explode. Engineer's tried but couldn't figure out a way to fix it, so the only option was to leave. Though, some were stubborn and wanted to stay, fearing the outside world. They prevented the others from leaving with ignorance, and the frightened Separatists resisted. In a short but brutal civil war, more than half of the Bunker's inhabitants were slaughtered. The Separatists, who'd won, packed everything they could carry; from guns, to medicine, to food and everything in between.

The Separatists wandered for about a month, losing some people in the process. One person who died was Michael's Mother, Jane. An Ex-Soldier, Larry King, accepted Michael as his own, and would lead him and the others into Denver. The Separatists would enter the city from beneath, using the train tracks to maneuver the city without much threat. Eventually, they settled in the Old, abandoned metro tunnels.

It was called Elysium. Heavily guarded with effective defenses, Elysium became the haven for survivors all throughout Denver-- people wishing to find safety. As the population grew, official government was needed, which led to the creation of the Elysium Security Council, which made the rules and controlled the Security Force. Under the firm leadership of the E.S.C., Elysium blossomed into a massive trade center, and became a beacon of hope for Denver. Elysium is home to approximately 450 people, and has some of the best the Post-Outbreak America has to offer.

Michael stuck with Elysium through it all. Every Infected horde, every Raider attack, every riot and every time of doubt. Because of his loyalty and dedication, Michael has earned a seat on.The Elysium Security Council, and also serves as a Guard and co-owner to the Elysium Trading Post, which has connections all over Colorado.

Once again man we are trying to prevent the beginning of factions such as this. So I am going to say the Elysium part is DENIED.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 pm

As it will be very important to my updated app, may I ask if a limited pyrokinesis power would be acceptable for a "gifted" infected?

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Aelex wrote:As it will be very important to my updated app, may I ask if a limited pyrokinesis power would be acceptable for a "gifted" infected?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. The infection works off of what humans can already do, much like a toolkit. Since humans can't typically project fire, as far as I know, that'd be basically giving your character superpowers, which really won't work.
Last edited by New Grestin on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 pm

New Grestin wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. The infection works off of what humans can already do, much like a toolkit. Since humans can't typically project fire, as far as I know, that'd be basically giving your character superpowers, which really won't work.

Hum, quite sad. I jut finished fire-starter and I do have to say it gave me a weird fetish about burning think with the only power of my mind. I suppose telekinesis is out of question too so...
Well, it's not a problem; thought being cool power are quite silly anyway. ^^

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Aelex wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Short answer: No.

Hum, quite sad. I jut finished fire-starter and I do have to say it gave me a weird fetish about burning think with the only power of my mind. I suppose telekinesis is out of question too so...
Well, it's not a problem; thought being cool power are quite silly anyway. ^^

It's all good in the neighborhood, comrade. Just no crazy psychic powers.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:06 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:
The NAR wrote:Name: Michael Richard Gavin
Pic/Description:

(OPTIONAL)

Bio:

The Separatists wandered for about a month, losing some people in the process. One person who died was Michael's Mother, Jane. An Ex-Soldier, Larry King, accepted Michael as his own, and would lead him and the others into Denver. The Separatists would enter the city from beneath, using the train tracks to maneuver the city without much threat. Eventually, they settled in the Old, abandoned metro tunnels.

It was called Elysium. Heavily guarded with effective defenses, Elysium became the haven for survivors all throughout Denver-- people wishing to find safety. As the population grew, official government was needed, which led to the creation of the Elysium Security Council, which made the rules and controlled the Security Force. Under the firm leadership of the E.S.C., Elysium blossomed into a massive trade center, and became a beacon of hope for Denver. Elysium is home to approximately 450 people, and has some of the best the Post-Outbreak America has to offer.

Once again man we are trying to prevent the beginning of factions such as this. So I am going to say the Elysium part is DENIED.

Jesus Christ...

It's a settlement. Not a faction. It won't be really influential in the actual story but logically nobody is gonna survive without some sort of cooperation and settlement
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Posted.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:15 pm

New Grestin wrote:Posted.

Nice post.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse