NATION

PASSWORD

Iron and Steel; 20th Century AH [RE/Continuation/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The IC is finally up! Are you happy?

Oh yes amazingly
42%
Yes
12%
Eh
12%
No
2%
No eww
32%

Total votes : 57

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 pm

You'll have to ask Reatra. I have no idea honestly.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Awww Danish....
You can have more than zero, you silly bloke. I'd say it could be 1/4 of a million at most homie. But my authority is nil.
Last edited by Sanabel on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Sanabel wrote:Awww Danish....
You can have more than zero, you silly bloke. I'd say it could be 1/4 of a million at most homie. But my authority is nil.

Loool. I have to agree with Sanabel. 250,000 at most

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I don't really plan on expanding in North America, South America on the other hand... I don't have much plans for them other than maybe Colombia.

Even if you do manage to defeat the Colombian government you'll be expecting a load of resistance(from the people who by now are probably really nationalistic) that will make occupation of the country unbearable. Attempting to digest Colombia IMO would probably be the straw that breaks the Camel's back, and that camel is Iberia. Tho I mean, that's just my two cents.

I can attempt to, it could be like the Ethiopian invasion by Italy. And again unless Peru tries anything I will not do anything.

I have to go, good night.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 pm

New Decius wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I don't really plan on expanding in North America, South America on the other hand... I don't have much plans for them other than maybe Colombia.

Sure you don't. Let it be known though that the German Reich will be watching you.

I am sure it is, and I don't. Cuba is one of my most important interest, and possibly establishing a western coast colony in South America to have easier trade with Asia.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
New Decius wrote:
Sure you don't. Let it be known though that the German Reich will be watching you.

I am sure it is, and I don't. Cuba is one of my most important interest, and possibly establishing a western coast colony in South America to have easier trade with Asia.

Wouldn't it be easier to colonize one of the close pacific islands like Guam?

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I am sure it is, and I don't. Cuba is one of my most important interest, and possibly establishing a western coast colony in South America to have easier trade with Asia.

Wouldn't it be easier to colonize one of the close pacific islands like Guam?

Just stay far away from German Guinea
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 pm

u.s, lets split hawaii
you get the large island, i get everything else plus midway

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:36 pm

does anyone here play swtor by any chance?

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Tag.
Full Nation Name: Papal Republic of South Italy
Short Nation Name: Papal Republic
National Flag:

Territory: As shown on the map.
Colonies: None at the moment.
Client States: N/A
Official Language(s): Italian, Latin
Form of Government: Constitutional Republic with elements of Theocracy
Head of State: President Franchesco Mandazi
Head of Government: Same
Capital City: Palermo, Sicily
Population: 12,840,000
Ethnicities: South Italian, Somali
Religion: Catholic is the dominant religion, and currently the church is loosely tied with the state.
Army: 550,000. A little more than 2% of the total population. Split into 25 Regiments of 22,000 each. Equipment is well maintained and very up to date.
Navy: 1,000 Service members, 6 Cruisers, 2 Battleships, 3 Corvettes, 1 experimental Submarine. Same as Army, equipment and ships are kept up to date and in working condition.
Air Force: The Papal Republic is experimenting with Aerial Warfare, and they currently have 50 member, mostly engineers and repairmen, 2 Recon Planes and an experimental Biplane Fighter. As with the other two branches, all planes and equipment is up to date and well maintained.
Economic Strength: Not extremely rich, but a rather rich nation. Sicily's position at the center of the Mediterranean means that it is a major trade hub, with many ships stopping at Palermo and other ports to do trade or simply pass through. All economic decisions are made by the people, so the Papal Republic is a Free Market Economy.
Infrastructure: First World European nation, so infrastructure is amazing. All equipment in hospitals, fire departments, and police stations is up to date and maintained, as are roads and buildings.
Scientific Research and Development: Currently most technological progress is focused on military might, as the constant fear in the Papal Republic is that North Italy will invade South Italy, supported by Germany.
Primary Goals: Pope's Goal: Spread Catholicism through Papal Somaliland and other areas of Africa.
President Mandazi's Goal: Secularize the Papal Republic completely, severing the link between Church and State.
Both aim to improve relations with North Italy, and to trade the province of Roma in exchange for control over the Peloponnese.
History: After Italy lost the Great War, it's populace saw the current government as one who was unreliable, and as such was angry for the loss of the war and at the government in general. The Pope, sensing an opportunity, inspired the Catholic majority of Italy to rise up against the Italian Monarchy. After 2 years of fighting, the Pope declared a New Papal State. However, this was short lived as the majority of people were tired of living under a monarchy, and they voted for South Italy to become a Republic. The vote was a success, and the Papal Republic was born. The next half century was spent building and improving upon the Armed Forces, as the fear throughout the country was that Italy would try to retake the Republic with support from the mostly Protestant Germany. After relations between North and South Italy improved slightly, the highly militarized border between the nations was De-militarized, and the Papal Republic set it's sights towards Africa, landing several Regiments there and securing Papal Somaliland in the early 1890s. Currently, the Papal Republic seeks to improve relations with North Italy, and to give Roma Province to North Italy in exchange for Republican control over the Peloponnese Peninsula, currently controlled by North Italy.
RP Example: I was the Grand Duchy of Courland/United Baltic Kingdom
Last edited by The Union of Courland on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Vicavian Empire wrote:does anyone here play swtor by any chance?

[Raises Hand]
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 pm

New Decius wrote:
Vicavian Empire wrote:does anyone here play swtor by any chance?

[Raises Hand]

which server
which class
which specialization
what force alignment
favorite class
hype for the new expansion

please feel free to answer these questions in the next year or so

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Why are your called the papal Republic if you want to be secular?
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Russia open?

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:44 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Why are your called the papal Republic if you want to be secular?

Well, I wanted to be the Papal Republic, but then no one wanted to be my friend because I wasn't secular. So then I decided that when the IC starts, I'm going to secularize the nation.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:58 pm

The Union of Courland wrote:
The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Why are your called the papal Republic if you want to be secular?

Well, I wanted to be the Papal Republic, but then no one wanted to be my friend because I wasn't secular. So then I decided that when the IC starts, I'm going to secularize the nation.
Screw 'em, if worst comes to worst, you've got all the catholics of the world on your side.
Last edited by The Eastern Antarctic State on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 am

Tagging for app reposting soon.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:31 am

I'm going to repost my app here incase New Decius forgot my app.

Full Nation Name: Ukrayinsʹka Ob'yednana Respublika | Ukrainian United Republic

Short Nation Name: Ukraine

National Flag: Image

Territory: It is on the map though.

Colonies: None.

Client States: None.

Official Language(s): The official langauge of Ukraine is the Ukrainian language although there are 18 recognised languages in the Ukrainian United Republic.

Form of Government: Unitary Presidential Republic.

Head of State: President Mikhailo Hrushevskiy

Head of Government: President Mikhailo Hrushevskiy

Capital City: Kiev

Population: 24 million people.

Ethnicities: The ethnicity in the Ukrainian United Republic are most of the second-generation Ukrainians (or Russified Ukrainians) and Russians, there are also Poles in the Northern region of Ukraine, Crimean Tatars in some parts of Crimea, and Hungarians in the far-west.

Religion: Orthodox Christianity (Most of Ukraine) | Russian Orthodox (Eastern Ukraine) | Islam (Secular Crimea).

Army: 200,000 active personnel and 50,000 reserved personnel; most of them were revolutionaries-turned-soldiers and Russian soldiers that defect to Ukraine. Their tactics are unique since they use guerrilla warfare during the Ukrainian Revolution against the imperial Russian regime. Most of them are experienced in the war because of the Ukrainian Revolution but some of them are not experienced in the war since they are a recruits in the Ukrayinsʹka Armiya or the Ukrainian Army. Total of the Ukrayins'ka Armiya are 250,000 personnel. The largest and powerful branch of the military.

Navy: 6 captured Russian first-rate ships, 20 transport ships, 40 trading ships; most of this ships were from the Imperial Russian Navy that stationed in the Black Sea. Apparently, the ships are a bit modernised but not quite powerful but they have also transport ships to transport their soldiers in the land via sea and some captured Russian trading ships that also stationed in the Black Sea were now used by the Ukrayinsʹkyy Flot or the Ukrainian Navy by trading with the neighbouring countries. The low but a slightly weak branch of the military.

Air Force: There are already recruited pilots, which are 8 pilots that came from Germany, however they still don't have an airforce, so..yeah.

Economic Strength: Moderately excellent; most the Russian economy was in Ukraine. Many Ukrainian nobles from the Russian Empire stayed in their young nation to help develop their economy although there are some areas that it is under poverty like Eastern Ukraine and Crimea.

Infrastructure: Moderately excellent; following from the Ukrainian Revolution against the Russian Empire most of the infrastructures of Ukraine were destroyed by the Russians although it is being rebuilt again after the revolution. The Russian infrastructure is very common in Ukraine but they will soon develop a more excellent infrastructures to develop the young country from the ashes although they still hate the Russians, they respect the Russian infrastructures that were built in Ukraine.

Primary Goals: To develop the country, to develop the economy and infrastructure, develop the military of the Ukrainian United Republic. Make a strong influence in the area and destroy any foreign influences that influenced Ukraine like Poland (Northern Ukraine), the Russian Empire (Eastern Ukraine), and the Ottoman Empire (Crimea) and to make sure that Ukraine is strong & united and not a weak nation.

Scientific Research and Development: They will soon having a scientific research but seriously, they have a good development for the military, economy, and infrastructures if the politicians are not that corrupt.

History: Following the defeat of the Russian Empire in the Crimean War. Many Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar people started to believe that the Russian Empire starts to be a weak gigantic imperialistic nation in Eastern Europe. Following the major invasions of the Fourth Persian Empire (which was dissolved into various nations peacefully) and the Korean Empire in the past, the Ukrainian revolutionaries created their underground rebellion organization called "Bezkoshtovnyy Ukrayiny" in the year of 1872 and started to make propaganda about how the Russian Empire is weak and a unity of the Ukrainian people, many Ukrainian people joined this underground rebellion organization with almost 100,000 members every year. As the Russian government in Ukraine started to be suspicious about the Ukrainian people. The Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars revolted against the Russian regime in 1881. The Ukrainian revolutionaries discovered their new tactic which is a guerrilla warfare which they tried and very success. During the Ukrainian Revolution, the role of the Russians is to stop the revolution however the revolution gets worse with Ukrainian armed men taking government buildings in Ukraine while Crimean Tatar armed men taking government buildings in Crimea. Many casualties on the both sides but the seriously damage casualty is on the Russian side. Great Britain, the German Empire, and nations who hate the Russian Empire keeps supplying the Bezkoshtovnyy Ukrayiny every year. In 1890, it seems that the Russian Empire cant defeat the powerful revolution, Ukraine together with Crimea declares independence against the Russian Empire and the Russians agreed and recognised their independence and Ukraine proclaimed their independence in February 26, 1890 , proclaiming Kiev as the capital of the Ukrainian United Republic and was recognised by other nations. In the post-Ukrainian revolution. Most of the cities were damaged in the revolution including Kiev but in the post-revolution era, the Ukrainians started to rebuilt the infrastructures and it was finished in 1897, the Ukrainians faced their new way of life, new way of democracy, today, it was way better than the Russian regime. However, over 72,000 Ukrainian revolutionaries were killed in the revolution and will be always remembered as the true heroes and patriots of Ukraine. Today, Ukraine is still just a young nation, ten years after the independence. Ukraine still hates the Russian Empire but Ukraine keeps an eye of her borders since she gets suspicious from the other nations. That's why Ukraine is boosting their military and keep the Ukrainian people strong and united so that the other nations wouldn't go blitzkreiging Ukraine.

RP Example: Well, you have already see my post, so..meh.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 am

Wait, guys, how long do the reservations last? If we open up central Asia and Ethiopia, maybe some active/committed people would take 'em.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:44 am

Bolovia wrote:Russia open?

All but Kola and Karelia, and Novaya Zemlya, plus Sweden and Finland. I'm sure someone could turn that land into an empire.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Postby The New Byzantine II » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 am

Sanabel wrote:Wait, guys, how long do the reservations last? If we open up central Asia and Ethiopia, maybe some active/committed people would take 'em.

If I didn't choose Ukraine, I would have still continue to play as the Fourth Persian Empire, a Zoroastrian caliphate who was dissolve following the end of the Great War (as I didn't play as that caliphate anymore, it controls most of Iran, Central Asia, Pakistan, Northwestern India, Caucasus & North Caucasus, Qatar, Iraq, Oman, Socotra Island, and far-Eastern Turkey.)
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:51 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Wait, guys, how long do the reservations last? If we open up central Asia and Ethiopia, maybe some active/committed people would take 'em.

If I didn't choose Ukraine, I would have still continue to play as the Fourth Persian Empire, a Zoroastrian caliphate who was dissolve following the end of the Great War (as I didn't play as that caliphate anymore, it controls most of Iran, Central Asia, Pakistan, Northwestern India, Caucasus & North Caucasus, Qatar, Iraq, Oman, Socotra Island, and far-Eastern Turkey.)

I'm just asking, because Arvenia kinda apped, then ran away. If we opened it up again, it might entice more people. Same with the Ethiopia dude. And Colombia.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Postby The New Byzantine II » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:02 am

Sanabel wrote:
The New Byzantine II wrote:If I didn't choose Ukraine, I would have still continue to play as the Fourth Persian Empire, a Zoroastrian caliphate who was dissolve following the end of the Great War (as I didn't play as that caliphate anymore, it controls most of Iran, Central Asia, Pakistan, Northwestern India, Caucasus & North Caucasus, Qatar, Iraq, Oman, Socotra Island, and far-Eastern Turkey.)

I'm just asking, because Arvenia kinda apped, then ran away. If we opened it up again, it might entice more people. Same with the Ethiopia dude. And Colombia.

Arvenia is actually a one liner. No offense Arvenia if you are here.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:25 am

Vicavian Empire wrote:u.s, lets split hawaii
you get the large island, i get everything else plus midway

The large island is hawaii, you would get Maui, Kahoolawe, Lanai, Molokai, Oahu, Kauai, and Niihau. And let us remember if he followed this deal you would be taking nearly 75% of the entire population of Hawaii. Or well over half.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Islands

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:42 am

New Decius wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to colonize one of the close pacific islands like Guam?

Just stay far away from German Guinea

I have no intention in Africa other than Western Sahara, and I do believe Britain owns all of Western Africa, so yea. Oh you mean New Guinea. I will be clear of that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse